Author Topic: Shampoo |OT| Helping to police this industry and actually save lives  (Read 508051 times)

who is ted danson?, daemon, jorma, VomKriege, Uncle (+ 2 Hidden) and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Shampoo |OT| Helping to police this industry and actually save lives
« Reply #48360 on: September 13, 2019, 04:26:07 PM »
So far Borderlands 3 is a prettier version of Borderlands 2 with some of the more annoying game quirks (pressing a button to pick up things like money and ammo and instanced loot). I'm really enjoying it so far.

I don't actually care that you posted that here but just pointing out there are other threads on the bore which are full of very nice people talking about vidya
Uncle

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #48361 on: September 13, 2019, 04:27:27 PM »

:bowsette become as gods :bowsette become as gods :bowsette become as gods  :bowsette
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0
god

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #48362 on: September 13, 2019, 04:34:57 PM »
That's the saddest one yet :

Steve Guttenberg - 125$ - Typically responds in 2 hours.  :foxx
ὕβρις

porkbun

« Reply #48363 on: September 13, 2019, 04:35:42 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I love Norm but this Cameo shit is pathetic. Celebrity worship culture is the worst. Guess he's got debts or something man. Don't gamble  :fbm

There's nothing pathetic about asking for nearly $400 to do jack shit. Anyone that asks for less than two hundred is pathetic, but only an idiot turns down like nearly half a grand to record a voicemail

If it's so easy, why charge money? Because they want the money more than they want dignity. I'm sorry, but anyone who does this shit is debasing themselves. Maybe my problem is I have too much pride: but i'd rather have too much than too little.

May as well be a prostitute or one of those guys who signs shit at comic-con.

You're a fucking moron.  Have fun working open mics for another 10 years.

Ghoul

• Spooky
« Reply #48364 on: September 13, 2019, 04:37:06 PM »
Those in glass houses, cannot comment on others mechanics.

I'm not a designer, I can say whatever the fuck I want about game mechanics.  :doge

Sure, sure, just make the "developers" you work with crunch so you can get paid.

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #48365 on: September 13, 2019, 04:49:58 PM »

I love Norm but this Cameo shit is pathetic. Celebrity worship culture is the worst. Guess he's got debts or something man. Don't gamble  :fbm

There's nothing pathetic about asking for nearly $400 to do jack shit. Anyone that asks for less than two hundred is pathetic, but only an idiot turns down like nearly half a grand to record a voicemail

If it's so easy, why charge money? Because they want the money more than they want dignity. I'm sorry, but anyone who does this shit is debasing themselves. Maybe my problem is I have too much pride: but i'd rather have too much than too little.

:lol That's a bit brutal but a paid job is a paid job. Is it any more "debasing" than to fly to shitty cons or events to go do over and over again the one thing people remember ? It's not dignified or classy perhaps and it must be pretty depressing but you're still paid to perform which at the end of it is the core of the work. And if the only meal ticket you have is being the R2D2 guy or being the bagel guy, then by jove you'll give the audience what they want. As an artist you probably have to be thankful people remember you at all.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:02:45 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48366 on: September 13, 2019, 04:59:54 PM »
I think it's a nice service for people who want that sort of thing, for ages people used to ask every celeb on the street if they would record a funny message on their friend's answering machine, might as well get paid for it

presumably everyone involved is happy?  unless they do a shit job on the message
Uncle

Transhuman

« Reply #48367 on: September 13, 2019, 05:03:35 PM »

Lol. Shows how little you know about open mics. It's not fun AT ALL.

Propagandhim

« Reply #48368 on: September 13, 2019, 05:06:11 PM »
I'd drag my dick through a mile of broken glass just to hear Transhuman fart through a walkie-talkie at open mic night at The Yuck Yucks.

Ghoul

• Spooky
« Reply #48369 on: September 13, 2019, 05:09:24 PM »

Can imagine, you get on stage and they just laugh at the state of your life for 20 minutes, you haven't even told a single joke yet  :fbm

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #48370 on: September 13, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »
I'd drag my dick through a mile of broken glass just to hear Transhuman fart through a walkie-talkie at open mic night at The Yuck Yucks.

Just to be the pigeon yelling BOO ! GET BETTER MATERIAL !
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48371 on: September 13, 2019, 05:18:21 PM »

Can imagine, you get on stage and they just laugh at the state of your life for 20 minutes, you haven't even told a single joke yet  :fbm

Uncle

Ghoul

• Spooky
« Reply #48372 on: September 13, 2019, 05:22:53 PM »

He's in character. Trans is just a joke

Transhuman

« Reply #48373 on: September 13, 2019, 05:24:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure i'm good, but of course i'm cognizant of the fact that people have a natural bias to see themselves as more talented than they actually are, which goes ESPECIALLY for people in the entertainment industry, who I feel are usually drawn to it because they are delusional narcissists and people's approval is deeply ingrained in their own self-worth. At least, that's how I got into it.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48374 on: September 13, 2019, 05:27:32 PM »

I'm not a designer, I can say whatever the fuck I want about game mechanics.  :doge

its fine, none of the top posters in the Judging What Women Like In Female Character Designs thread are women

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Transhuman

« Reply #48376 on: September 13, 2019, 05:37:19 PM »
Give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon.

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #48377 on: September 13, 2019, 05:47:17 PM »

its fine, none of the top posters in the Judging What Women Like In Female Character Designs thread are women

They're just keeping the seat warm for when female membership will increase back up, after the moderation will at last be up to par. And really at this point, they're honorary feminists ? Almost the same.
:wag
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:52:53 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48378 on: September 13, 2019, 06:04:00 PM »
Yea lets make a joke naming a building after fetishizing Black Men....Racism....good for the whole family

:dunno

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48379 on: September 13, 2019, 06:30:30 PM »
Yea lets make a joke naming a building after fetishizing Black Men....Racism....good for the whole family

it's really simple

don't say good things about one particular race but also don't say bad things about that race but also don't throw up your hands and just refuse to say anything about that race because then you're marginalizing them and minimizing their presence in media
Uncle

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #48380 on: September 13, 2019, 07:04:21 PM »

That's my favorite Proclaimers song.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #48381 on: September 13, 2019, 09:28:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/ReeraTakes/status/1172626676024532992

Resetera went fascist faster than I thought.

daemon

« Reply #48382 on: September 13, 2019, 09:49:13 PM »

I mean, it's the guy quoted here.

This is not unexpected in the least.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot™
« Reply #48383 on: September 13, 2019, 09:55:52 PM »
People vote for their own self interests say it aint so....

Rahxephon91

« Reply #48384 on: September 13, 2019, 10:03:46 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn’t think the world is falling apart and instead going through great growing pains as society changes?

Why is Ree always so fatalistic?

Tasty Meat

• ...Consider yourself truthed.
🐚

Tasty Meat

• ...Consider yourself truthed.
« Reply #48387 on: September 13, 2019, 10:12:23 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn’t think the world is falling apart and instead going through great growing pains as society changes?

Honestly all of humanity somehow making it past the Cuban Missile Crisis just makes me think we're on borrowed time anyways.

But I don't have control over situations like that so IMO it isn't worth thinking about. If it happens we're all fucked anyways. :idont
🐚

benita

« Reply #48388 on: September 13, 2019, 10:19:50 PM »
Resetera thought experiment: Would I be expected to respect Ben Shapiro's preferred pronoun if he came out as non-binary or trans?

It's currently acceptable to call Shapiro an asshole, cunt, nazi, bitch, piece of shit, fascist and any other number of names that express disrespect.

Presumably if he transitioned it would still be acceptable to call him all those things, but would ketkat or spreadsheet hop on your shit if you called him "he" whilst doing so? Pronouns are apparently all about respect so if I have none for a person, why the fuck should that be an exception to how I talk about them?

:huh

Spieler1

« Reply #48389 on: September 13, 2019, 10:25:56 PM »

This is the kind of hot take you give when you are in high school talking about bad politics for the first time.

Yet average age on reee is mid 30 :neogaf
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:29:58 PM by Spieler1 »

zepblackstar

« Reply #48390 on: September 13, 2019, 10:46:29 PM »
So far Borderlands 3 is a prettier version of Borderlands 2 with some of the more annoying game quirks (pressing a button to pick up things like money and ammo and instanced loot). I'm really enjoying it so far.

also the worst version of Denuvo ever. 

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48391 on: September 13, 2019, 11:18:07 PM »
I mean, it's the guy quoted here.

This is not unexpected in the least.

I've been noticing this phenomenon acutely

especially the part about people slowly devolving into wild-eyed shrieking bundles of nerves who have nightmares about the spectre of fascism

take any given era member or twitter activist, it really doesn't take long to find A) a multitude of causes they believe are the most important thing ever, followed by B) clear evidence that they live a joyless existence and their mental health is in the toilet

https://twitter.com/SnakeGirlSarah/status/1172614995382874112

https://twitter.com/SnakeGirlSarah/status/1171825967339331586

btw do not scroll through this person's twitter, they're almost all retweets but it's like reading era on fast forward holy fuck
Uncle

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #48392 on: September 13, 2019, 11:36:14 PM »
Resetera thought experiment: Would I be expected to respect Ben Shapiro's preferred pronoun if he came out as non-binary or trans?

It's currently acceptable to call Shapiro an asshole, cunt, nazi, bitch, piece of shit, fascist and any other number of names that express disrespect.

Presumably if he transitioned it would still be acceptable to call him all those things, but would ketkat or spreadsheet hop on your shit if you called him "he" whilst doing so? Pronouns are apparently all about respect so if I have none for a person, why the fuck should that be an exception to how I talk about them?

Ree tried to cancel Contrapoints because she tried to personalize the whole pronoun aspect of society. So yes, they would be bastards to be people they don't like even if Shapiro or any other person they don't like reveal themselves to be part of a marginalized group.

Fuck, just look at how they tried to cancel Dave Chappelle and claim he has no idea how people who considered themselves marginalized feel.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48393 on: September 13, 2019, 11:49:19 PM »

Ree tried to cancel Contrapoints because she tried to personalize the whole pronoun aspect of society. So yes, they would be bastards to be people they don't like even if Shapiro or any other person they don't like reveal themselves to be part of a marginalized group.

Fuck, just look at how they tried to cancel Dave Chappelle and claim he has no idea how people who considered themselves marginalized feel.

yeah they would immediately call into question his sincerity (and in this case wouldn't be wrong to do so)

some might make an intentional point of not respecting his new pronouns, and then other members would call them out for how it makes them uncomfortable, because we shouldn't normalize disrespect of anyone's pronouns, and the first people would snap back and there would be bans and warnings on both sides until the mods decided on an acceptable stance and started locking threads about it

there are plenty of traitors to the cause, they tend to respect their pronouns but they'll call them all sorts of names

who's the one trans youtuber who was speaking out against yaniv and they said she was conservative or alt-right or something
Uncle

daemon

« Reply #48394 on: September 14, 2019, 12:14:52 AM »
who's the one trans youtuber who was speaking out against yaniv and they said she was conservative or alt-right or something

Im gonna assume Blaire White.

Potato

« Reply #48395 on: September 14, 2019, 01:48:36 AM »

Nope. My own personal opinion is that the world and its people have never been in a better position.

I have faith that we will create solutions to all of our problems at some point in the near future, including climate change. I mean, look at how far we've come in the past 20 years alone. Renewable energy has been adopted at a faster rate than anyone thought possible, even in 2000. Medical science is unrecognisable compared to 30 years ago and life expectancy is exponentially higher. We have not had a large scale conflict since 1945 and diplomacy has emerged in the last 100 years since the end of WWI as a genuine way of solving international problems.

Labour laws protect more workers from inhumane conditions and democracy had never been more widespread. Our standard of living is phenomenally greater than even my parents' generation, who grew up in small villages with no running water and no electricity.

This narrative that the world is falling apart is one of the biggest fallacies of the current generation. Sure, things are hard for young people, but when have they not been? My Dad was only able to get an 8th grade education and my Mum was told she should leave school at the end of year 10. Compare that to my own generation where a university education is expected and almost a right for boys and girls and we are amazingly better off.

If you think the world's is falling apart, then you haven't been paying attention to the last 100 years and you certainly know fuck all about the plight of humanity for the last 1000 years.
Spud

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #48396 on: September 14, 2019, 01:51:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sorry-apple-iphones-aren%E2%80%99t-for-pro-video-or-what-i-learned-arguing-with-people-on-twitter.140890/post-24507921

Wait, was he was editing video on his phone and rendering them out?

Like chances are a pro isn't using iMovie at all on their phone and is just exporting the files on their computers and. Also that is such a "lazy devs" comment from that guy.

:steiner
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #48397 on: September 14, 2019, 02:05:04 AM »

Should a guy with no dick really be giving their opinion on this matter?
sigh

Rahxephon91

« Reply #48398 on: September 14, 2019, 02:10:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/possible-resident-evil-remake-3-tease-in-project-resistance-shows-off-jill-carlos.140991/

This is pathetic. That poster is pathetic.

When Resident Evil 3 Remake actually is a thing 5 years from now, Resetera is going to act like those years of them "knowing" it was real were true.

filler

• filler
  • filler

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #48400 on: September 14, 2019, 02:42:44 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pics-that-make-you-laugh-ot-2019-best-friends-forever.90699/post-24075277

Imagine writing that and thinking, yep, I nailed.  Must be how it feels to be Transhuman.
sigh

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #48401 on: September 14, 2019, 03:39:07 AM »
And if I disagree with what they want, I'll use Cheat Engine / Trainers to rewrite the matrix as I see fit.

:neo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/arstechnica-every-game-should-copy-death-stranding%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cvery-easy-mode%E2%80%9D.140926/post-24511033
ὕβρις

Transhuman

« Reply #48402 on: September 14, 2019, 03:52:14 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pics-that-make-you-laugh-ot-2019-best-friends-forever.90699/post-24075277

Imagine writing that and thinking, yep, I nailed.  Must be how it feels to be Transhuman.

Norm Macdonald said that after he started standup, it took him 5 years to realise he was good enough to be a professional-level comedian. After the first year he thought he was good enough, then after second year he thought he wasn't, then it took him 3 more years to realise he actually was.

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #48403 on: September 14, 2019, 04:02:17 AM »
You can listen to any music and watch any movie to the end. There is not a test in the middle of the film to prove you are understanding the message.

In games there's no way at all, unless you cheat.

:insane :mindblown

Gameplay is not a "test" to gate content, it's supposed to be the content.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
In reality you can't generalize, there's some games where the story is definitely front and center and the gameplay is a wrapper or vessel for it. But those will already have the designer scaling down the interaction and the challenge or provide an easy mode.

I also get :trigger that competitive games gets brushed to a "does not apply" asterisk when they're pretty integral to the notion of gaming in the broader sense.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/arstechnica-every-game-should-copy-death-stranding%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cvery-easy-mode%E2%80%9D.140926/post-24511347
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #48404 on: September 14, 2019, 04:12:16 AM »
Resetera's Theme Song

believed to be a revolution
but to most just a style
superiority at others exclusion
disdain for those defiled
just another form of segregation - emboldened
enforcing your ideals

Transhuman

« Reply #48405 on: September 14, 2019, 04:13:18 AM »
No such thing as bad publicity I guess

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48407 on: September 14, 2019, 05:58:40 AM »
No such thing as bad publicity I guess

Snoopycat_

« Reply #48408 on: September 14, 2019, 06:17:50 AM »
If Norm is the best comedian how come Carrot Top is worth $70 mil while Norm's doing voice mails for $400?

Tuckers Law

« Reply #48409 on: September 14, 2019, 06:58:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/possible-resident-evil-remake-3-tease-in-project-resistance-shows-off-jill-carlos.140991/

This is pathetic. That poster is pathetic.

When Resident Evil 3 Remake actually is a thing 5 years from now, Resetera is going to act like those years of them "knowing" it was real were true.
I would be surprised if Resetera hasn’t already been shut down by the FBI or secret service when we get to five years from now.

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #48410 on: September 14, 2019, 07:09:51 AM »

Bob keeps winning and has very high energy.

Sally keeps losing and is 'so tired' and unemployed which is why she hooked up with Bob to get some sweet big conservative money.
god

Transhuman

« Reply #48411 on: September 14, 2019, 07:10:42 AM »
If Norm is the best comedian how come Carrot Top is worth $70 mil while Norm's doing voice mails for $400?

nudemacusers

• #freecream #jesuisfiller #resist #mbga
« Reply #48412 on: September 14, 2019, 07:36:56 AM »
Norm McDonald is overrated; he’s the new bill hicks for guys that know comedy names and want cred points. Tho Hicks was funny, so maybe it’s bit the best comparison.

shosta

• Unapologetic Christopher Hitchens fangirl
« Reply #48413 on: September 14, 2019, 07:49:17 AM »
Hicks is the overrated one, what are you smoking

Transhuman

« Reply #48414 on: September 14, 2019, 07:55:16 AM »
Norm is pretty much the only comedian I care about. Though as with all things in life, after listening to everything that he has ever done i'm starting to get diminishing returns. But that's my fault.

Norm's thoughts on Hicks:

https://www.vulture.com/2018/09/norm-macdonald-in-conversation.html
Yeah, it’s horrible. So I don’t like satire that much, and also these guys [contemporary talk-show hosts] are nightclub comics. They’re not Bob Dylan. They’re just guys, and they get talk shows and suddenly they’re telling me how I shouldn’t be sad because of the Manchester bombing and I can escape the horrors of life because they’re going to interview someone from Two Broke Girls or whatever the fuck they do. When I was a kid, if I’d heard Red Skelton talking about the government I would’ve thought, This is fucking weird. To me, it hurts the comedy any time anything real creeps into it. I know people have different thoughts. I keep hearing how great Lenny Bruce and Bill Hicks and Mort Sahl are. People have their own taste, but to me, all three of those people are just shit. They’re not comedians in my mind.

On selling out:

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/norm-macdonald-interview-louis-ck-netflix-show-1202001203/
Yeah. I would say Sam Kinison. To me, Sam Kinison was the last original voice in comedy that I’d ever heard in standup. He was a big influence personally on me, when I first started. I met him a year in and he let me open for him, before he broke. I remember he was starring in a movie called [‘Atuk.’] And he told me, ‘I just have to rewrite it.’ They’d send him the script and he’d do all these rewrites. And then he’d send it back. And they just went back to the original script. So when he got to set that day, this was his first movie ever, he goes, ‘I can’t do this shit. They changed it all. What happened?’ I’m not trying to bullshit him. And I said, ‘Goddamn, how can you do that? It’s a movie. I’d just say whatever, I just do whatever the guy told me.’

And he said [Macdonald does his Sam Kinison voice], ‘I’d rather never do a movie than a thousand fucking Dan Aykroyd movies!‘ I love Dan Aykroyd, but you know what I mean? The idea of just doing it ’cause it’s offered. But I still do that and it’s not like I learned. I’m the fucking Kentucky Fried Chicken colonel. I’ll sell chicken. I don’t give a fuck.

I remember Bill Hicks used to make fun of Jay Leno, which I thought was kind of audacious because Jay Leno was like a million times funnier. And then he’d say, ‘You stopped being a comedian when you started doing Doritos commercials!’ And I’m like, really? That disqualifies Leno from being funny? I mean Hicks was doing it from a bar where they sold beer, presumably. So you can say he was working for Budweiser.

So I guess I can’t say that because I don’t practice it.

nudemacusers

« Reply #48415 on: September 14, 2019, 08:06:05 AM »
Hicks is the overrated one, what are you smoking
Overrated yes

But at least he told good jokes sometimes

shosta

« Reply #48416 on: September 14, 2019, 08:10:25 AM »
I think the comedian comparison you're looking for is George Carlin

nudemacusers

« Reply #48417 on: September 14, 2019, 08:15:29 AM »
Nah George never had that culty 6-year bachelor degree student “I’m smart but actually a moron” fanbase that Hicks and norm seem to have produced.

Also unlike norm he was funny.

shosta

« Reply #48418 on: September 14, 2019, 08:21:33 AM »
That's exactly what Carlin's audience is though! I don't think we're going to agree on this at all. In my defense funny people definitely think Norm's funny.

Transhuman

« Reply #48419 on: September 14, 2019, 08:22:22 AM »
Funny people (and Transhuman)