Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751542 times)

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #44700 on: September 13, 2019, 04:11:30 PM »
So far Borderlands 3 is a prettier version of Borderlands 2 with some of the more annoying game quirks (pressing a button to pick up things like money and ammo and instanced loot). I'm really enjoying it so far.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #44701 on: September 13, 2019, 04:12:12 PM »
There's obviously a difference between having some video game character with a boob or cheek peaking out versus completely NSFW though.

The marina bouncing tits avatar you had for awhile was NSFW in that it gave me erections at work

So far Borderlands 3 is a prettier version of Borderlands 2 with some of the more annoying game quirks (pressing a button to pick up things like money and ammo and instanced loot). I'm really enjoying it so far.

Those in glass houses, cannot comment on others mechanics.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44702 on: September 13, 2019, 04:13:43 PM »
the lack of outrage at Catherine full body after it released in the west sure is strange, do you think they're saving it for a slow news day on ERA?

Mentioned a few times in here:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/games-you-wont-buy-despite-good-review.139809/page-3#post-24335130
Quote from: Funyarinpa, post: 24335130, member: 8861
Catherine Full Body.
Quote from: Big Yoshi, post: 24335018, member: 49925
Catherine Full body, Dragonquest until Sugiyama is no longer involved, Persona 5, the next elder scrolls if soule is involved. anything that has a large social thing blocking me from feeling like I should be playing it.

And it's still going in this thread. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/catherine-full-body-english-localisation-changes-little-is-still-incredibly-transphobic.138607/

But guessing most interest is lost now that there's other controversies to go freak out over like Alec Holowka and the latest outing on that Nicallis guy.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44703 on: September 13, 2019, 04:16:42 PM »
Zoe Quinn is writing a comic for DC titled "The Infected: Deathbringer"
:dead
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #44704 on: September 13, 2019, 04:17:34 PM »
didn't she already write an autobiography? :rodney

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #44705 on: September 13, 2019, 04:18:34 PM »

I'm not a designer, I can say whatever the fuck I want about game mechanics.  :doge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #44706 on: September 13, 2019, 04:23:17 PM »
Of course ResetEra would adore a game about a literal echo chamber. Lul
fat

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44707 on: September 13, 2019, 04:25:12 PM »
If only more people had decent avatars like licking a box filled with toe nail clippings

Oh man I didn't notice the tongue part of that until now (mobile helps).
:fbm

(Image removed from quote.)

I love Norm but this Cameo shit is pathetic. Celebrity worship culture is the worst. Guess he's got debts or something man. Don't gamble  :fbm

There's nothing pathetic about asking for nearly $400 to do jack shit. Anyone that asks for less than two hundred is pathetic, but only an idiot turns down like nearly half a grand to record a voicemail

It must literally take 5 minutes max to record, check and upload the request given how low effort it is -as far as I can tell from the clips I watched- (which I'm sure is a top bullet point to sell it to celebrities). At 300$ a piece or higher (I don't know what the commission is but still) that's good pocket change for basically no work. Especially if you have sort of a frugal celebrity lifestyle.

There's some F-tier personalities accepting as low as 1$ though (at this point I have to imagine it's more of a shit marketing move rather than a shit revenue stream) and the low prices reeks a bit of desperation.

Democratization of the tacky practice of booking a washed up celebrity to flaunt your wealth and influence at a wedding / barmitzvah / etc...
:jeb
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44708 on: September 13, 2019, 04:26:07 PM »

I don't actually care that you posted that here but just pointing out there are other threads on the bore which are full of very nice people talking about vidya
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44709 on: September 13, 2019, 04:27:27 PM »

:bowsette become as gods :bowsette become as gods :bowsette become as gods  :bowsette
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44710 on: September 13, 2019, 04:34:57 PM »
That's the saddest one yet :

Steve Guttenberg - 125$ - Typically responds in 2 hours.  :foxx
ὕβρις

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #44711 on: September 13, 2019, 04:35:42 PM »

I love Norm but this Cameo shit is pathetic. Celebrity worship culture is the worst. Guess he's got debts or something man. Don't gamble  :fbm

There's nothing pathetic about asking for nearly $400 to do jack shit. Anyone that asks for less than two hundred is pathetic, but only an idiot turns down like nearly half a grand to record a voicemail

If it's so easy, why charge money? Because they want the money more than they want dignity. I'm sorry, but anyone who does this shit is debasing themselves. Maybe my problem is I have too much pride: but i'd rather have too much than too little.

May as well be a prostitute or one of those guys who signs shit at comic-con.

You're a fucking moron.  Have fun working open mics for another 10 years.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #44712 on: September 13, 2019, 04:37:06 PM »

I'm not a designer, I can say whatever the fuck I want about game mechanics.  :doge

Sure, sure, just make the "developers" you work with crunch so you can get paid.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44713 on: September 13, 2019, 04:49:58 PM »

If it's so easy, why charge money? Because they want the money more than they want dignity. I'm sorry, but anyone who does this shit is debasing themselves. Maybe my problem is I have too much pride: but i'd rather have too much than too little.

:lol That's a bit brutal but a paid job is a paid job. Is it any more "debasing" than to fly to shitty cons or events to go do over and over again the one thing people remember ? It's not dignified or classy perhaps and it must be pretty depressing but you're still paid to perform which at the end of it is the core of the work. And if the only meal ticket you have is being the R2D2 guy or being the bagel guy, then by jove you'll give the audience what they want. As an artist you probably have to be thankful people remember you at all.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:02:45 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44714 on: September 13, 2019, 04:59:54 PM »
I think it's a nice service for people who want that sort of thing, for ages people used to ask every celeb on the street if they would record a funny message on their friend's answering machine, might as well get paid for it

presumably everyone involved is happy?  unless they do a shit job on the message
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44715 on: September 13, 2019, 05:03:35 PM »

Lol. Shows how little you know about open mics. It's not fun AT ALL.

Propagandhim

« Reply #44716 on: September 13, 2019, 05:06:11 PM »
I'd drag my dick through a mile of broken glass just to hear Transhuman fart through a walkie-talkie at open mic night at The Yuck Yucks.

Ghoul

« Reply #44717 on: September 13, 2019, 05:09:24 PM »

Can imagine, you get on stage and they just laugh at the state of your life for 20 minutes, you haven't even told a single joke yet  :fbm

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44718 on: September 13, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »
I'd drag my dick through a mile of broken glass just to hear Transhuman fart through a walkie-talkie at open mic night at The Yuck Yucks.

Just to be the pigeon yelling BOO ! GET BETTER MATERIAL !
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44719 on: September 13, 2019, 05:18:21 PM »

Can imagine, you get on stage and they just laugh at the state of your life for 20 minutes, you haven't even told a single joke yet  :fbm

Uncle

Ghoul

« Reply #44720 on: September 13, 2019, 05:22:53 PM »

He's in character. Trans is just a joke

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44721 on: September 13, 2019, 05:24:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure i'm good, but of course i'm cognizant of the fact that people have a natural bias to see themselves as more talented than they actually are, which goes ESPECIALLY for people in the entertainment industry, who I feel are usually drawn to it because they are delusional narcissists and people's approval is deeply ingrained in their own self-worth. At least, that's how I got into it.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44722 on: September 13, 2019, 05:27:32 PM »

its fine, none of the top posters in the Judging What Women Like In Female Character Designs thread are women

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44723 on: September 13, 2019, 05:35:54 PM »
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44724 on: September 13, 2019, 05:37:19 PM »
Give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44725 on: September 13, 2019, 05:47:17 PM »

its fine, none of the top posters in the Judging What Women Like In Female Character Designs thread are women

They're just keeping the seat warm for when female membership will increase back up, after the moderation will at last be up to par. And really at this point, they're honorary feminists ? Almost the same.
:wag
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:52:53 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44726 on: September 13, 2019, 06:04:00 PM »
Yea lets make a joke naming a building after fetishizing Black Men....Racism....good for the whole family

:dunno

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44727 on: September 13, 2019, 06:30:30 PM »
Yea lets make a joke naming a building after fetishizing Black Men....Racism....good for the whole family

it's really simple

don't say good things about one particular race but also don't say bad things about that race but also don't throw up your hands and just refuse to say anything about that race because then you're marginalizing them and minimizing their presence in media
Uncle

stufte

« Reply #44728 on: September 13, 2019, 07:04:21 PM »

That's my favorite Proclaimers song.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #44729 on: September 13, 2019, 09:28:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/ReeraTakes/status/1172626676024532992

Resetera went fascist faster than I thought.

daemon

« Reply #44730 on: September 13, 2019, 09:49:13 PM »

I mean, it's the guy quoted here.

This is not unexpected in the least.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #44731 on: September 13, 2019, 09:55:52 PM »
People vote for their own self interests say it aint so....

Rahxephon91

« Reply #44732 on: September 13, 2019, 10:03:46 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn’t think the world is falling apart and instead going through great growing pains as society changes?

Why is Ree always so fatalistic?

Tasty

« Reply #44734 on: September 13, 2019, 10:11:06 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #44735 on: September 13, 2019, 10:12:23 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn’t think the world is falling apart and instead going through great growing pains as society changes?

Honestly all of humanity somehow making it past the Cuban Missile Crisis just makes me think we're on borrowed time anyways.

But I don't have control over situations like that so IMO it isn't worth thinking about. If it happens we're all fucked anyways. :idont

benita

« Reply #44736 on: September 13, 2019, 10:19:50 PM »
Resetera thought experiment: Would I be expected to respect Ben Shapiro's preferred pronoun if he came out as non-binary or trans?

It's currently acceptable to call Shapiro an asshole, cunt, nazi, bitch, piece of shit, fascist and any other number of names that express disrespect.

Presumably if he transitioned it would still be acceptable to call him all those things, but would ketkat or spreadsheet hop on your shit if you called him "he" whilst doing so? Pronouns are apparently all about respect so if I have none for a person, why the fuck should that be an exception to how I talk about them?

:huh

paprikastaude

« Reply #44737 on: September 13, 2019, 10:25:56 PM »

This is the kind of hot take you give when you are in high school talking about bad politics for the first time.

Yet average age on reee is mid 30 :neogaf
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:29:58 PM by Spieler1 »

zepblackstar

« Reply #44738 on: September 13, 2019, 10:46:29 PM »

also the worst version of Denuvo ever. 

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44739 on: September 13, 2019, 11:18:07 PM »
I mean, it's the guy quoted here.

This is not unexpected in the least.

I've been noticing this phenomenon acutely

especially the part about people slowly devolving into wild-eyed shrieking bundles of nerves who have nightmares about the spectre of fascism

take any given era member or twitter activist, it really doesn't take long to find A) a multitude of causes they believe are the most important thing ever, followed by B) clear evidence that they live a joyless existence and their mental health is in the toilet

https://twitter.com/SnakeGirlSarah/status/1172614995382874112

https://twitter.com/SnakeGirlSarah/status/1171825967339331586

btw do not scroll through this person's twitter, they're almost all retweets but it's like reading era on fast forward holy fuck
Uncle

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #44740 on: September 13, 2019, 11:36:14 PM »
Resetera thought experiment: Would I be expected to respect Ben Shapiro's preferred pronoun if he came out as non-binary or trans?

It's currently acceptable to call Shapiro an asshole, cunt, nazi, bitch, piece of shit, fascist and any other number of names that express disrespect.

Presumably if he transitioned it would still be acceptable to call him all those things, but would ketkat or spreadsheet hop on your shit if you called him "he" whilst doing so? Pronouns are apparently all about respect so if I have none for a person, why the fuck should that be an exception to how I talk about them?

Ree tried to cancel Contrapoints because she tried to personalize the whole pronoun aspect of society. So yes, they would be bastards to be people they don't like even if Shapiro or any other person they don't like reveal themselves to be part of a marginalized group.

Fuck, just look at how they tried to cancel Dave Chappelle and claim he has no idea how people who considered themselves marginalized feel.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44741 on: September 13, 2019, 11:49:19 PM »

Ree tried to cancel Contrapoints because she tried to personalize the whole pronoun aspect of society. So yes, they would be bastards to be people they don't like even if Shapiro or any other person they don't like reveal themselves to be part of a marginalized group.

Fuck, just look at how they tried to cancel Dave Chappelle and claim he has no idea how people who considered themselves marginalized feel.

yeah they would immediately call into question his sincerity (and in this case wouldn't be wrong to do so)

some might make an intentional point of not respecting his new pronouns, and then other members would call them out for how it makes them uncomfortable, because we shouldn't normalize disrespect of anyone's pronouns, and the first people would snap back and there would be bans and warnings on both sides until the mods decided on an acceptable stance and started locking threads about it

there are plenty of traitors to the cause, they tend to respect their pronouns but they'll call them all sorts of names

who's the one trans youtuber who was speaking out against yaniv and they said she was conservative or alt-right or something
Uncle

daemon

« Reply #44742 on: September 14, 2019, 12:14:52 AM »
who's the one trans youtuber who was speaking out against yaniv and they said she was conservative or alt-right or something

Im gonna assume Blaire White.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44743 on: September 14, 2019, 01:48:36 AM »

Nope. My own personal opinion is that the world and its people have never been in a better position.

I have faith that we will create solutions to all of our problems at some point in the near future, including climate change. I mean, look at how far we've come in the past 20 years alone. Renewable energy has been adopted at a faster rate than anyone thought possible, even in 2000. Medical science is unrecognisable compared to 30 years ago and life expectancy is exponentially higher. We have not had a large scale conflict since 1945 and diplomacy has emerged in the last 100 years since the end of WWI as a genuine way of solving international problems.

Labour laws protect more workers from inhumane conditions and democracy had never been more widespread. Our standard of living is phenomenally greater than even my parents' generation, who grew up in small villages with no running water and no electricity.

This narrative that the world is falling apart is one of the biggest fallacies of the current generation. Sure, things are hard for young people, but when have they not been? My Dad was only able to get an 8th grade education and my Mum was told she should leave school at the end of year 10. Compare that to my own generation where a university education is expected and almost a right for boys and girls and we are amazingly better off.

If you think the world's is falling apart, then you haven't been paying attention to the last 100 years and you certainly know fuck all about the plight of humanity for the last 1000 years.
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44744 on: September 14, 2019, 01:51:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sorry-apple-iphones-aren%E2%80%99t-for-pro-video-or-what-i-learned-arguing-with-people-on-twitter.140890/post-24507921

Wait, was he was editing video on his phone and rendering them out?

Like chances are a pro isn't using iMovie at all on their phone and is just exporting the files on their computers and. Also that is such a "lazy devs" comment from that guy.

:steiner
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #44745 on: September 14, 2019, 02:05:04 AM »

Should a guy with no dick really be giving their opinion on this matter?
sigh

Rahxephon91

« Reply #44746 on: September 14, 2019, 02:10:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/possible-resident-evil-remake-3-tease-in-project-resistance-shows-off-jill-carlos.140991/

This is pathetic. That poster is pathetic.

When Resident Evil 3 Remake actually is a thing 5 years from now, Resetera is going to act like those years of them "knowing" it was real were true.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #44748 on: September 14, 2019, 02:42:44 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pics-that-make-you-laugh-ot-2019-best-friends-forever.90699/post-24075277

Imagine writing that and thinking, yep, I nailed.  Must be how it feels to be Transhuman.
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44749 on: September 14, 2019, 03:39:07 AM »
And if I disagree with what they want, I'll use Cheat Engine / Trainers to rewrite the matrix as I see fit.

:neo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/arstechnica-every-game-should-copy-death-stranding%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cvery-easy-mode%E2%80%9D.140926/post-24511033
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44750 on: September 14, 2019, 03:52:14 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pics-that-make-you-laugh-ot-2019-best-friends-forever.90699/post-24075277

Imagine writing that and thinking, yep, I nailed.  Must be how it feels to be Transhuman.

Norm Macdonald said that after he started standup, it took him 5 years to realise he was good enough to be a professional-level comedian. After the first year he thought he was good enough, then after second year he thought he wasn't, then it took him 3 more years to realise he actually was.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44751 on: September 14, 2019, 04:02:17 AM »
You can listen to any music and watch any movie to the end. There is not a test in the middle of the film to prove you are understanding the message.

In games there's no way at all, unless you cheat.

:insane :mindblown

Gameplay is not a "test" to gate content, it's supposed to be the content.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
In reality you can't generalize, there's some games where the story is definitely front and center and the gameplay is a wrapper or vessel for it. But those will already have the designer scaling down the interaction and the challenge or provide an easy mode.

I also get :trigger that competitive games gets brushed to a "does not apply" asterisk when they're pretty integral to the notion of gaming in the broader sense.
[close]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/arstechnica-every-game-should-copy-death-stranding%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cvery-easy-mode%E2%80%9D.140926/post-24511347
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #44752 on: September 14, 2019, 04:12:16 AM »
Resetera's Theme Song

believed to be a revolution
but to most just a style
superiority at others exclusion
disdain for those defiled
just another form of segregation - emboldened
enforcing your ideals

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44753 on: September 14, 2019, 04:13:18 AM »
No such thing as bad publicity I guess

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44755 on: September 14, 2019, 05:58:40 AM »
No such thing as bad publicity I guess

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44756 on: September 14, 2019, 06:17:50 AM »
If Norm is the best comedian how come Carrot Top is worth $70 mil while Norm's doing voice mails for $400?

Tuckers Law

« Reply #44757 on: September 14, 2019, 06:58:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/possible-resident-evil-remake-3-tease-in-project-resistance-shows-off-jill-carlos.140991/

This is pathetic. That poster is pathetic.

When Resident Evil 3 Remake actually is a thing 5 years from now, Resetera is going to act like those years of them "knowing" it was real were true.
I would be surprised if Resetera hasn’t already been shut down by the FBI or secret service when we get to five years from now.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44758 on: September 14, 2019, 07:09:51 AM »

Bob keeps winning and has very high energy.

Sally keeps losing and is 'so tired' and unemployed which is why she hooked up with Bob to get some sweet big conservative money.
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44759 on: September 14, 2019, 07:10:42 AM »
If Norm is the best comedian how come Carrot Top is worth $70 mil while Norm's doing voice mails for $400?