Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3781415 times)

nudemacusers

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #44760 on: September 14, 2019, 07:36:56 AM »
Norm McDonald is overrated; he’s the new bill hicks for guys that know comedy names and want cred points. Tho Hicks was funny, so maybe it’s bit the best comparison.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #44761 on: September 14, 2019, 07:49:17 AM »
Hicks is the overrated one, what are you smoking
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44762 on: September 14, 2019, 07:55:16 AM »
Norm is pretty much the only comedian I care about. Though as with all things in life, after listening to everything that he has ever done i'm starting to get diminishing returns. But that's my fault.

Norm's thoughts on Hicks:

https://www.vulture.com/2018/09/norm-macdonald-in-conversation.html
Yeah, it’s horrible. So I don’t like satire that much, and also these guys [contemporary talk-show hosts] are nightclub comics. They’re not Bob Dylan. They’re just guys, and they get talk shows and suddenly they’re telling me how I shouldn’t be sad because of the Manchester bombing and I can escape the horrors of life because they’re going to interview someone from Two Broke Girls or whatever the fuck they do. When I was a kid, if I’d heard Red Skelton talking about the government I would’ve thought, This is fucking weird. To me, it hurts the comedy any time anything real creeps into it. I know people have different thoughts. I keep hearing how great Lenny Bruce and Bill Hicks and Mort Sahl are. People have their own taste, but to me, all three of those people are just shit. They’re not comedians in my mind.

On selling out:

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/norm-macdonald-interview-louis-ck-netflix-show-1202001203/
Yeah. I would say Sam Kinison. To me, Sam Kinison was the last original voice in comedy that I’d ever heard in standup. He was a big influence personally on me, when I first started. I met him a year in and he let me open for him, before he broke. I remember he was starring in a movie called [‘Atuk.’] And he told me, ‘I just have to rewrite it.’ They’d send him the script and he’d do all these rewrites. And then he’d send it back. And they just went back to the original script. So when he got to set that day, this was his first movie ever, he goes, ‘I can’t do this shit. They changed it all. What happened?’ I’m not trying to bullshit him. And I said, ‘Goddamn, how can you do that? It’s a movie. I’d just say whatever, I just do whatever the guy told me.’

And he said [Macdonald does his Sam Kinison voice], ‘I’d rather never do a movie than a thousand fucking Dan Aykroyd movies!‘ I love Dan Aykroyd, but you know what I mean? The idea of just doing it ’cause it’s offered. But I still do that and it’s not like I learned. I’m the fucking Kentucky Fried Chicken colonel. I’ll sell chicken. I don’t give a fuck.

I remember Bill Hicks used to make fun of Jay Leno, which I thought was kind of audacious because Jay Leno was like a million times funnier. And then he’d say, ‘You stopped being a comedian when you started doing Doritos commercials!’ And I’m like, really? That disqualifies Leno from being funny? I mean Hicks was doing it from a bar where they sold beer, presumably. So you can say he was working for Budweiser.

So I guess I can’t say that because I don’t practice it.

nudemacusers

« Reply #44763 on: September 14, 2019, 08:06:05 AM »
Hicks is the overrated one, what are you smoking
Overrated yes

But at least he told good jokes sometimes
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

« Reply #44764 on: September 14, 2019, 08:10:25 AM »
I think the comedian comparison you're looking for is George Carlin
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #44765 on: September 14, 2019, 08:15:29 AM »
Nah George never had that culty 6-year bachelor degree student “I’m smart but actually a moron” fanbase that Hicks and norm seem to have produced.

Also unlike norm he was funny.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

« Reply #44766 on: September 14, 2019, 08:21:33 AM »
That's exactly what Carlin's audience is though! I don't think we're going to agree on this at all. In my defense funny people definitely think Norm's funny.
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44767 on: September 14, 2019, 08:22:22 AM »
Funny people (and Transhuman)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #44768 on: September 14, 2019, 08:23:51 AM »
So shosta didn't die. Shame :(

nudemacusers

« Reply #44769 on: September 14, 2019, 08:47:30 AM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #44770 on: September 14, 2019, 09:25:49 AM »
WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — An Ohio gamer upset about a $1.50 bet while playing Call of Duty: WWII online was sentenced Friday to 15 months in prison for recruiting a prankster to make a bogus emergency call that resulted in the fatal shooting of a Kansas man by police.

Casey Viner, 19, of North College Hill, Ohio, also is restricted from gaming activity for two years while he is on supervised release after serving his prison term, U.S. District Judge Eric Melgren said in announcing the sentence.

Viner repeatedly gulped and appeared crestfallen as the judge announced his sentencing decision. He glanced into the courtroom gallery where his parents were seated. His tearful mother got up and left the courtroom. His father, an Ohio law enforcement officer, put his head into his hands.

Viner pleaded guilty in April to felony charges of conspiracy and obstruction of justice in the hope that he would not be sentenced to prison. Viner admitted trying to hide his involvement in the 2017 incident when he realized the antic had gotten someone killed.

In a brief courtroom statement, Viner told the judge he is "awfully sorry" for what happened: "I never intended for anything to happen. I think of it every day."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-gamer-sentenced-15-months-200355303.html

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #44771 on: September 14, 2019, 09:27:02 AM »
the day the laughter died was the apex of comedy.

dice's entire career trajectory before and after is a perfectly orchestrated act to serve that defining moment. an artist without equal.

nudemacusers

« Reply #44772 on: September 14, 2019, 10:25:20 AM »
Now Dane cook, there’s an underrated comedian
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44773 on: September 14, 2019, 10:54:05 AM »
I'm about two seconds away from banning everyone who said bad things about Norm. :maf
dog

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44774 on: September 14, 2019, 10:59:42 AM »
The hell they live in is punishment enough

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #44775 on: September 14, 2019, 11:29:38 AM »
We're all gonna die in 11 years anyway.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #44776 on: September 14, 2019, 11:30:18 AM »
I liked the one show where he was of the north or some shit.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #44777 on: September 14, 2019, 11:33:54 AM »
He talks big about never selling out, but his last name is McDonalds.

Makes ya think.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44778 on: September 14, 2019, 11:41:28 AM »
It was the opposite though. He made fun of the kind of people who talked big about never selling out.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #44779 on: September 14, 2019, 12:05:12 PM »
Damn, some egg on my face. :(

thetylerrob

« Reply #44780 on: September 14, 2019, 12:08:50 PM »

This is when I knew Norm is the goat

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44781 on: September 14, 2019, 12:09:21 PM »
Going from zero to a fucking hundred

Well he was a Trump supporter, right? Does not surprise me. Fucking nazi scum
https://www.resetera.com/threads/angry-joe-defends-ar-15s-against-those-who-want-to-take-guns-from-everyone.141034/post-24527183

(Pretty sure Joe isn't a trump supporter)

Propagandhim

« Reply #44782 on: September 14, 2019, 12:20:10 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/angry-joe-defends-ar-15s-against-those-who-want-to-take-guns-from-everyone.141034/post-24527183

Lol he isn't. He follows liberal orthodoxy on every possible issue except guns, and that's mostly because he's gotten into hunting and become friends with gun nuts over the past 5-6 years.

So he's a single-issue nazi.  Got it.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44783 on: September 14, 2019, 12:24:56 PM »
It was the opposite though. He made fun of the kind of people who talked big about never selling out.

Why is he your idol and then you get mad about Cameo?

I just hate celebrity worship shit. I mean it's one thing to stop and talk with a fan (as Norm often does), but when it's "can I get a signature/photo/etc" I just think it's sick that people think that just because someone is famous you should treat them like an object to be milked. I guess I get hung up on how shallow and disgusting fame is.

But yes, I love Norm.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44784 on: September 14, 2019, 12:28:36 PM »

Why is he your idol and then you get mad about Cameo?

I just hate celebrity worship shit. I mean it's one thing to stop and talk with a fan (as Norm often does), but when it's "can I get a signature/photo/etc" I just think it's sick that people think that just because someone is famous you should treat them like an object to be milked. I guess I get hung up on how shallow and disgusting fame is.

But yes, I love Norm.

There's a bunch of celebrities I'd like to milk :-*

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44785 on: September 14, 2019, 12:34:38 PM »

As always the left scares their allies away.

Just join the conservative tent of winning Joe  8)
🤴

Tripon

« Reply #44786 on: September 14, 2019, 12:37:30 PM »
Joe and his co hosts complains about SJWs so it's not like he's part of the 'woke' left. And Nintex, you live in Denmark, your version of Conservative would still be left of even what Resetera believes is 'the left' since their kings and queens are right of center democrats.

Tripon

« Reply #44787 on: September 14, 2019, 12:55:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/PuccaNoodles/status/1172807066840207360

Because I know this board loves Nintendo fans reactions.

Tripon

« Reply #44788 on: September 14, 2019, 12:58:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/reseteratxt/status/1170913375318159366

Even the twitter accounts that post the shit resetera posts can't take it.  :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44789 on: September 14, 2019, 12:59:19 PM »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #44790 on: September 14, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »
Norm Macdonald isn't funny.
Bill Hicks isn't funny.
George Carlin isn't funny.

Could it be, instead, that you're just miserable cunts?  :doge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44791 on: September 14, 2019, 01:12:35 PM »

Even the twitter accounts that post the shit resetera posts can't take it.  :lol

this account wasn't even one of the fun accounts it was just a notch below regular era from the start
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #44792 on: September 14, 2019, 01:18:56 PM »
You can listen to any music and watch any movie to the end. There is not a test in the middle of the film to prove you are understanding the message.

In games there's no way at all, unless you cheat.

:insane :mindblown

Gameplay is not a "test" to gate content, it's supposed to be the content.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
In reality you can't generalize, there's some games where the story is definitely front and center and the gameplay is a wrapper or vessel for it. But those will already have the designer scaling down the interaction and the challenge or provide an easy mode.

I also get :trigger that competitive games gets brushed to a "does not apply" asterisk when they're pretty integral to the notion of gaming in the broader sense.
[close]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/arstechnica-every-game-should-copy-death-stranding%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cvery-easy-mode%E2%80%9D.140926/post-24511347

I give Kojima leeway since he's a legitimate auteur, but I consider the AAA/Hollywoodification of games and placing so much emphasis on story backwards to the medium. The ultimate culmination of this trend is walking simulators and extremely linear experiences such as Order 1886.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #44793 on: September 14, 2019, 01:20:26 PM »
I like Norm but find him dismissing satire as “not comedy” is pretty ridiculous. 

Also didn’t he get famous satirizing the news?  Lol

Link?

Tasty

« Reply #44794 on: September 14, 2019, 01:24:15 PM »

I didn't even know about the Sans costume until your post, wtf :lol

Zero costume returning is fucking boss. :rock Team Rocket looks pretty good too haha.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44795 on: September 14, 2019, 01:27:16 PM »
With Norm you rarely know if he's serious or if he's joking.
He has ascended above the human comprehension of comedy and has to occasionally move down to our level so we can have a laugh too.
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #44796 on: September 14, 2019, 01:28:51 PM »
I like Norm but find him dismissing satire as “not comedy” is pretty ridiculous. 

Link?

Go back a page, Transhuman posted an interview.

Yeah, it’s horrible. So I don’t like satire that much, and also these guys [contemporary talk-show hosts] are nightclub comics. They’re not Bob Dylan. They’re just guys, and they get talk shows and suddenly they’re telling me how I shouldn’t be sad because of the Manchester bombing and I can escape the horrors of life because they’re going to interview someone from Two Broke Girls or whatever the fuck they do. When I was a kid, if I’d heard Red Skelton talking about the government I would’ve thought, This is fucking weird. To me, it hurts the comedy any time anything real creeps into it. I know people have different thoughts. I keep hearing how great Lenny Bruce and Bill Hicks and Mort Sahl are. People have their own taste, but to me, all three of those people are just shit. They’re not comedians in my mind.

More specifically says people who talk serious current events “aren’t comedians.”  Granted he’s just being hyperbolic but it’s not just him expressing his personal opinion it’s pretty dismissive.
Yeah that is a weird statement, however i think you can see the difference between Norm making jokes about topical events, versus someone like Hicks, who some times seemed to get so wrapped up into his on stage rage, that it wasn't even obvious where the joke ended or begun.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44797 on: September 14, 2019, 01:32:04 PM »
Satire is just parody without the jokes

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #44798 on: September 14, 2019, 01:36:25 PM »

Link?

Go back a page, Transhuman posted an interview.

More specifically says people who talk serious current events “aren’t comedians.”  Granted he’s just being hyperbolic but it’s not just him expressing his personal opinion it’s pretty dismissive.

There’s no audience in his special. It’s him performing against a black … 
There’s no audience?

No audience.
Shit, I was going to do that, but it was going to be funny. But fuck it. I won’t do that anymore.

He’s also playing with the idea of what makes something “stand-up,” and …
[Macdonald picks up his phone and makes a call.] A guy did a fucking special with no crowd.

Who are you calling?
A guy did a special with no audience in the fucking — I don’t know! [To me:] What’s his name?

Drew Michael.
Drew Michael. Can you fucking believe that? Whatever. I’ll talk to you later.

Who were you calling?
Someone at Netflix.

:rofl

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #44799 on: September 14, 2019, 01:54:19 PM »

Is this one of your jokes?

Bore Expert

« Reply #44800 on: September 14, 2019, 01:57:04 PM »
Your idea that I am anti-prequel is nonsense. I went to every prequel at midnight, bought tons of merch for all 3 prequel midnight madnesses. Saw all 3 over 5 times each in theaters. I must really hate the prequels huh?

:lucas

Cheebo battles the kiddos while trying to conjure Bobby’s force ghost

Propagandhim

« Reply #44801 on: September 14, 2019, 01:59:51 PM »
James Adomian is the funniest and cleverest comedian working today. 

Tripon

« Reply #44802 on: September 14, 2019, 02:03:31 PM »
Your idea that I am anti-prequel is nonsense. I went to every prequel at midnight, bought tons of merch for all 3 prequel midnight madnesses. Saw all 3 over 5 times each in theaters. I must really hate the prequels huh?

What BCT thought Bobby Roberts looked like because of his avatar.

What Bobby Roberts really looked like.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44803 on: September 14, 2019, 02:05:03 PM »

Is this one of your jokes?

I mean it's literally the case.

Animal Farm is a satire > not funny
Blazing Saddles is a parody/satire > is funny

When Norm was talking about satire he wasn't talking about satire/parody comedians like Colbert, but rather books like Gulliver's Travel which are amusing but not intended to be "funny".

zepblackstar

« Reply #44804 on: September 14, 2019, 02:14:52 PM »

What BCT thought Pretentious Hobo looked like because of his avatar.

(Image removed from quote.)

What Pretentious Hobo really looked like.
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Any word about that guy since he got kicked out of the portland social circles

Bore Expert

« Reply #44805 on: September 14, 2019, 02:30:09 PM »

Any word about that guy since he got kicked out of the portland social circles

They put him in carbonite and he’s now hanging on the wall inside Voodoo Doughnuts

nudemacusers

« Reply #44806 on: September 14, 2019, 02:56:12 PM »
I'm about two seconds away from banning everyone who said bad things about Norm. :maf
Killing me won’t bring back norm’s ability or career

spoiler (click to show/hide)
cuz it never existed
[close]
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44807 on: September 14, 2019, 02:57:19 PM »
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #44808 on: September 14, 2019, 03:01:54 PM »
Norm McDonald’s is a bitter has been comedian a la Marc Marion but unlike Marion doesn’t possess the self awareness or acumen to make a second career out of monetizing his therapy.

Also

Macdonald selling himself on on cameo:transhuman::grimes getting dug out by elon musk:marrec :umad
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Occam

« Reply #44809 on: September 14, 2019, 03:03:35 PM »

By the way, REE permed Pretentious Hobo after he got triggered by a post of mine.
Who knows, maybe this actually saved lives! Does that make me a hero?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 03:09:08 PM by Occam »

NekoFever

« Reply #44810 on: September 14, 2019, 03:11:37 PM »
I was surprised to see Angry Joe survive his “Cyberpunk under SJW attack” video during E3. RIP. No coming back from an Era cancellation.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #44811 on: September 14, 2019, 03:12:14 PM »
Why did Angry Joe get his own cancellation thread?

Shuri

« Reply #44812 on: September 14, 2019, 03:13:36 PM »

59 followers..?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44813 on: September 14, 2019, 03:19:58 PM »
Norm McDonald’s is a bitter has been comedian a la Marc Marion but unlike Marion doesn’t possess the self awareness or acumen to make a second career out of monetizing his therapy.

start at 40:55 and tell me if you think Norm is bitter

Boredfrom

« Reply #44814 on: September 14, 2019, 03:24:01 PM »
I was surprised to see Angry Joe survive his “Cyberpunk under SJW attack” video during E3. RIP. No coming back from an Era cancellation.

I don’t think he cares, specially since he doesn’t care about what his fans think of his recent output.

In any case, I feel sorry for him given that his political stances (leftist but not SJW and with a gun fetish) kind of makes him a pariah with current social media circles. And the angry reviewer stitch is pretty much dead. I still like him but his content is getting abysmal.

Ghoul

« Reply #44815 on: September 14, 2019, 03:24:15 PM »

59 followers..?

They couldn't take the weight of it, can't imagine how BenjiSales copes having that big of an audience

Coffee Dog

« Reply #44816 on: September 14, 2019, 03:26:06 PM »
Nepenthe writing a dismissive screed caping for fucking Iran just because they're violating the rights of caucasians  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #44817 on: September 14, 2019, 03:31:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-the-term-progressive-used-as-a-pejorative-by-right-wingers.141088/

"Progressive" as in people who want to progress their agenda, not "progressive" as in people who are for progress

:doge

:derp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #44818 on: September 14, 2019, 03:35:40 PM »

None of em will even come close to comparing to Etika's reactions  :'(
^_^

Propagandhim

« Reply #44819 on: September 14, 2019, 03:43:19 PM »
Nepenthe writing a dismissive screed caping for fucking Iran just because they're violating the rights of caucasians  :lol

"I'm just gonna go ahead and speak for an entire race of people."

Oh, and by the way...

Victim blame this impossible case, Nepenthe. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 04:03:34 PM by Propagandhim »