Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3801760 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #54960 on: November 15, 2019, 09:23:21 AM »
Quote from: Kyuuji
Quote from: Nora
It sucks ass and the worst part is I'm afraid I'll get banned for even talking about it. That's the environment for us that's been created here.
Word. Discord has been on fire.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #54961 on: November 15, 2019, 09:24:24 AM »
They're all posting "trans rights are human rights" but I can't find an explanation for what this is supposed to actually mean? Like literally the first three pages of Google results are all things to buy with the slogan on it and/or groups to donate to who have posted the slogan.

Is it deliberately supposed to be completely vague? I'm starting to notice a trend if so.

did marrec hijack benjis account cause yikes

benjipwns

« Reply #54962 on: November 15, 2019, 09:25:20 AM »
Grab a muffin or some pancakes and a movie and treat yourself to feel good about yourself.
wtf is with the muffins and pancakes

benjipwns

« Reply #54963 on: November 15, 2019, 09:26:31 AM »
did marrec hijack benjis account cause yikes
As Mod Admiral the Mod Captains answer to me, but I answer to Cerium and he's the one who has ordered the violent crackdown on the uppity trans posters thinking they can metaphorically physically assault staff.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #54964 on: November 15, 2019, 09:26:35 AM »
Trans rights are human rights. All lives matter.

Wait
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

benjipwns

« Reply #54965 on: November 15, 2019, 09:29:04 AM »
Way to go, Parker & Stone, you've shouted fire in a crowded theater.

Tasty

« Reply #54966 on: November 15, 2019, 09:30:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/switch-emulator-yuzu-has-pokemon-sword-shield-running-day-1.153225/post-26483677
I honestly think the staff of this website/forum have a duty to not allow any talk of current gen emulators.

You all know what this creates.

There are devs on this board and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate the 'hey, download our game for free for your PC' announcements.
User Banned (1 Week): Doubling down on equating emulation with piracy, hostility and baseless accusations against staff

Mods...

Go ahead and ban me.

You honestly think you have a respected site and can welcome developers on this board when you advocate piracy?

And to say emulation does not advertise piracy is extremely narrow minded and quite frankly shows you do it yourself.

How dare you send me a message and warning to stop taking about this. It will take one, maybe two big names in the industry to call you out and you'll quickly change your tune.

Any Devs reading, you know that probably 90% of those viewing this thread had NO idea Switch emulation existed and probably all them went straight to Google to search for Switch Roms.

Fucking bunch of pirates.

"Emulators are piracy"

Getting a lot of use from the :social2 emote these days. Especially since I'm working on an Game Boy emulator right now.

benjipwns

« Reply #54967 on: November 15, 2019, 09:32:28 AM »
Think of the potential Game Boy sales you're costing Nintendo, when they get back from pre-Thanksgiving Break they are going to be mad at you.

benjipwns

« Reply #54968 on: November 15, 2019, 09:38:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-selling-author-sarah-dessen-sends-twitter-followers-after-a-minority-college-student-for-not-liking-her-books.153245/post-26489033
Quote from: Messofanego
People in positions of power and privilege like this white woman must know that they can easily be part of initiating harassment campaigns. Did she really think her followers would not go after the target? Nah, you don't get that ignorant benefit of the doubt. I hope this drops Sarah Dessen's reputation. She should face consequences.
You should realize when you reveal enough details about the person you're targeting on a public social media platform, and you have quite a large following so you're in the position of power over a college student, that your followers will go after the target and take part in the harassment campaign. You think Sarah Dessen is stupidly evil that she would say publicly for her followers to attack? No. This way of doing it where she posts an excerpt so her followers can google the article and find out who the target was, and harass that person, is a much more common method of harassment and defenders get to use the "she didn't explicitly target the victim" argument which ends up becoming pointless because the harassment was still conducted despite the methods.
You know it's not just you who is the arbiter of who qualifies as powerful. Look at the facts, not your feelings.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 09:42:35 AM by benjipwns »

Tasty

« Reply #54969 on: November 15, 2019, 09:41:07 AM »
Think of the potential Game Boy sales you're costing Nintendo, when they get back from pre-Thanksgiving Break they are going to be mad at you.

They're gonna be even more pissed I'm planning on writing games to actual cartridges and maybe selling them. :omg

Honestly there are too many patents involved but I'd love if like, in 10-20 years Nintendo said "Fuck it" and open sourced all their Game Boy stuff. Segue it into "teaching kids to code and learn hardware!" like the Raspberry Pi is doing.

I mean Labo isn't too far removed from that idea...

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #54970 on: November 15, 2019, 09:44:07 AM »
Benji putting in overtime
:O

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #54971 on: November 15, 2019, 09:47:25 AM »
Are they using ketkats avatar as solidarity?

awesome

:success

NekoFever

« Reply #54972 on: November 15, 2019, 09:50:09 AM »
Quote from: Nora
It sucks ass and the worst part is I'm afraid I'll get banned for even talking about it. That's the environment for us that's been created here.

This is some leopards eating faces shit.

benjipwns

« Reply #54973 on: November 15, 2019, 09:52:57 AM »
How much do you think OniLinkPlus regrets that one of the headmates decided to try for martyrdom only for just us to notice?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54974 on: November 15, 2019, 09:59:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-selling-author-sarah-dessen-sends-twitter-followers-after-a-minority-college-student-for-not-liking-her-books.153245/
White fragility at its finest. Shit like this really gets on my nerves so it's hard for me to write a well thought out response to this.
Quote from: Slayven
The privilege

I think I'm missing what this has to do with white fragility. Oh no she snarked back at a snarky comment

Pwnz

« Reply #54975 on: November 15, 2019, 10:01:26 AM »
I just added a dozen people to my era ignore list in that thread. I'm done listening to the frothing, aimless righteous anger from those cunts.

Imagine having an era ignore list and participating on the Bire era thread. What’s the point?

:idont

There's still plenty. I love the conflicted worship of apple and Disney often by the same posters that claim to be anti capitalist. It's just the frothing anger in trans threads I don't care for anymore. If I did I'd be banned, see that south park thread, dark night was banned and his only crime was engaging these cunts.

benjipwns

« Reply #54976 on: November 15, 2019, 10:02:45 AM »
I think I'm missing what this has to do with white fragility. Oh no she snarked back at a snarky comment
She's white.

BisMarckie

« Reply #54977 on: November 15, 2019, 10:03:49 AM »
You are fucking horrific people.
Really?

Because to me the horrific people are the "conservatives" that openly support racism, bigotry, and human rights violations. But hey maybe thats just me.

:society

BisMarckie

« Reply #54978 on: November 15, 2019, 10:04:40 AM »
His vote and support helped put kids in cages and fucked with a lot of people's lives. Hope he got some sense knocked into him.

TIL that an NFL brawl is a political statement

BisMarckie

« Reply #54979 on: November 15, 2019, 10:05:00 AM »
His vote and support helped put kids in cages and fucked with a lot of people's lives. Hope he got some sense knocked into him.

TIL that an NFL brawl is a political statement

Everything is political :ufup

Pwnz

« Reply #54980 on: November 15, 2019, 10:05:23 AM »
Imagine having an era ignore list and participating on the Bire era thread. What’s the point?

:idont
the staggering fucking ignorance, condescension, and privilege of this post, holy shit.  are you fucking serious? I'm livid at this garbage you just spewed in my direction. Never talk to me again. Do not reply to this post. Go and reflect on this hateful shit you just said to me. So you know not to bother, you're on my ignore list now

Reported.

Reason: Reeeeeee

BisMarckie

« Reply #54981 on: November 15, 2019, 10:06:06 AM »
If I didn't know better, I'd rhetorically ask why this barbaric sport is allowed to exist in 2019? Unfortunately, I know all-too-well why. Ugh

UGH.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #54982 on: November 15, 2019, 10:07:26 AM »
She's white.

Now women authors I've never heard of qualify as powerful people.

Oh she's WHITE. I stand corrected.
:science

benjipwns

« Reply #54983 on: November 15, 2019, 10:09:07 AM »
I recently came out as trans. Mg girlfriend came out as gay. She still doesn't want to be with me despite saying she'll "see me as a woman", she wants someone with a vagina. :(. I want my girlfriend back.
It might be too early for you to know if you want or need it but did you discuss bottom surgery with her and if that would change things for her?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54984 on: November 15, 2019, 10:13:06 AM »
I don't even bother participating in all the trans threads that pop up here, it's too exhausting they are always a fucking trainwreck, heck there was one I remember reading not too long ago where one person was clearly antagonising trans members here and when they were told to fuck off with their shit views the trans members were the ones(initially) who got banned. What sort of message does that send?

For the record I didn't deliberately antagonise anyone.

jorma

« Reply #54985 on: November 15, 2019, 10:13:06 AM »
meanwhile on ree

Quote from: Darlinggirl05, post: 26486678, member: 59218

ERA really, truly hates woman of color doesn't it?? ESPECIALLY Black women :/ I'm sick of being on here.

:teehee

benjipwns

« Reply #54986 on: November 15, 2019, 10:14:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-selling-author-sarah-dessen-sends-twitter-followers-after-a-minority-college-student-for-not-liking-her-books.153245/post-26490158
Quote from: incelsiorlef
This is peak Capitalist Feminism
I'm waiting for one of these Capitalist Feminists to claim the woman cared more about her race than the Sisterhood lol
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:21:19 AM by benjipwns »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #54987 on: November 15, 2019, 10:14:56 AM »
I recently came out as trans. Mg girlfriend came out as gay. She still doesn't want to be with me despite saying she'll "see me as a woman", she wants someone with a vagina. :(. I want my girlfriend back.
It might be too early for you to know if you want or need it but did you discuss bottom surgery with her and if that would change things for her?
"We need to break up, i'm.. ehm, lesbian."
"Well good news, i'm trans."
"No wait, i meant straight, i'm straight!"

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #54988 on: November 15, 2019, 10:18:01 AM »
Feeder was THE SHIT. Not the first time they came up this week either. Had a good discussion about the Can't Hardly Wait soundtrack.

Why can’t we have good discussions about the Can’t Hardly Wait soundtrack here? This could be a nice forum.
serge

Clockwork5

« Reply #54989 on: November 15, 2019, 10:21:31 AM »
Way to go, Parker & Stone, you've shouted fire in a crowded theater.
Is RE the theater?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #54990 on: November 15, 2019, 10:22:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-selling-author-sarah-dessen-sends-twitter-followers-after-a-minority-college-student-for-not-liking-her-books.153245/post-26490158
This is peak Capitalist Feminism
I'm waiting for one of these Capitalist Feminists to claim the woman cared more about her race than the Sisterhood lol

Please ban excel for dismissing concerns of sexism

https://twitter.com/jodipicoult/status/1194656189222662144

benjipwns

« Reply #54991 on: November 15, 2019, 10:23:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mental-health-era-ot2-community-and-understanding.95803/post-26488357
Hey all, hope everyone is managing to get through Friday alright.

If Ketkat has helped you in your time on the forum please consider changing your avatar to represent how much of an impact she's had here. She's been a pillar of the mental health and trans communities and has worked tirelessly to not only support members with their troubles, but also defend their rights during the months-long torrent of shameful trans threads on the forum.

Couple of options below.

(Image removed from quote.)

TVC15

« Reply #54992 on: November 15, 2019, 10:36:31 AM »
I’m a little saddened by the lack of posts calling for my reinstatement at neogaf. I must feel more power and control and I will cheapen myself by whatever means I need to in order to feel it coursing through my veins, and thrusting forcefully in the warmth between my legs.
serge

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #54993 on: November 15, 2019, 10:41:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mental-health-era-ot2-community-and-understanding.95803/post-26488357

If Ketkat has helped you in your time on the forum please consider changing your avatar to represent how much of an impact she's had here. She's been a pillar of the mental health and trans communities and has worked tirelessly to not only support members with their troubles, but also defend their rights during the months-long torrent of shameful trans threads on the forum.

Couple of options below.

These people will do shit like this all day every day, but god forbid they actually go and talk to a doctor or therapist about their mental health issues.  People like KitKat candy bar are doing far more help than good to these people by perpetuating the circle jerk self victimization of the mental health OT.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #54994 on: November 15, 2019, 10:42:38 AM »
Excel still posting at terf haven resetera gets a big  :yikes from me
(ice)

SmokyDave

« Reply #54995 on: November 15, 2019, 10:44:12 AM »
You're shocked that a WWE-loving white-capitalist-feminist posts on a TERF website? Really? In 2019?

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #54996 on: November 15, 2019, 10:45:30 AM »
You're shocked that a WWE-loving white-capitalist-feminist posts on a TERF website? Really? In 2019?

I expect all keyboard warriors to have impeccable principles.
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54997 on: November 15, 2019, 10:46:26 AM »
hire more volunteers

:isthis
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #54998 on: November 15, 2019, 10:47:14 AM »
I don't want anyone to worry:
User Banned (Duration Pending): Excusing transphobia over a series of posts

Paint the picture however you'd like. I know that is a pretty common theme on this forum. I'm just saying that if people like my GF can find this stuff funny and disagree with the outrage, then nothing is ever going to be resolved on a political end. It's unlikely as a society that we will ever reach a stage that most of us our satisified with at this rate and it will just be endless outrage and fighting regardess of who gets elected.
User Banned (1 week): Excusing transphobia

I still love the show and I am in no way transphobic.

It's always tongue in cheek with South park and everyone has had the piss taking out of them at some stage.

And this one is extra special, so here's all his posts from the thread:
User banned (2 weeks): dismissing concerns around transphobia

The episode is critiquing the idea of people who abuse the system and terminology to claim they are trans in order to partake in events. It also critiques those who don’t wish to have a conversation about what does it take for someone to be considered trans; does just stating that you are count or do you have to be “so far along transitioning”.
So the episode is a huge strawman?
More so than overtly or intentionally transphobic but I’m not in a position to declare whether it is or is not.

Like the majority of South Park, it’s parody/satire are massively exaggerated or made up worst case scenarios to try make a point.
But, and bear with me now, can you see the problem when their attempt at satire is just straight up basic transphobic attack points. What is this episode accomplishing? It's not supportive of trans folk and whether or not it was the intention transphobes are going to see this and feel like the creators are agreeing with them and use it as a bludgeon against trans individuals.
You don’t have to be condescending but yes I can obviously see and agree with the point.

benjipwns

« Reply #54999 on: November 15, 2019, 11:09:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sydney-could-run-out-of-water-by-2022.153277/
That sounds terrible. What exactly could they do to mitigate this?
Getting world leaders to admit global warming/climate change is an imminent threat would be a step.
Maybe some kind of agreement to end capitalism by 2075?

Clockwork5

« Reply #55000 on: November 15, 2019, 11:10:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nfl-myles-garrett-hit-mason-rudolph-over-the-head-with-his-own-helmet.153254/page-4#post-26490501
What's even more disgusting than Rudolph's neck not snapping is the fact there are people itt batting for republicans.
This post has yet to be actioned.
:yikes

Leadbelly

« Reply #55001 on: November 15, 2019, 11:15:12 AM »
And this one is extra special, so here's all his posts from the thread:
User banned (2 weeks): dismissing concerns around transphobia

The episode is critiquing the idea of people who abuse the system and terminology to claim they are trans in order to partake in events. It also critiques those who don’t wish to have a conversation about what does it take for someone to be considered trans; does just stating that you are count or do you have to be “so far along transitioning”.

Of course we are okay with conversation... Oh wait... no! Banned.

benjipwns

jorma

« Reply #55003 on: November 15, 2019, 11:20:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nfl-myles-garrett-hit-mason-rudolph-over-the-head-with-his-own-helmet.153254/page-4#post-26490501
What's even more disgusting than Rudolph's neck not snapping is the fact there are people itt batting for republicans.
This post has yet to be actioned.
:yikes

User Banned (2 Weeks): Wishing harm

Quote from: Poody, post: 26441337, member: 19382

Please be injured KCP..for real this time

:thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #55004 on: November 15, 2019, 11:21:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/south-park-mocks-trans-athlete-with-a-transphobic-episode.153068/post-26492367
Sidenote does anyone care that the scenario they presented isn't even possible in real life
:brain

jorma

« Reply #55005 on: November 15, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/south-park-mocks-trans-athlete-with-a-transphobic-episode.153068/post-26492367
Sidenote does anyone care that the scenario they presented isn't even possible in real life
:brain

Well not everyone is into wrestling and knows that Randy Savage is dead, and there's no way for him to transition...

TVC15

« Reply #55006 on: November 15, 2019, 11:27:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sydney-could-run-out-of-water-by-2022.153277/
That sounds terrible. What exactly could they do to mitigate this?
Getting world leaders to admit global warming/climate change is an imminent threat would be a step.
Maybe some kind of agreement to end capitalism by 2075?

People really shouldn't feel bad about global warming/climate change getting us. Even if we had sprung into full action in the late 70s when we first suspected we were fucked, it's unlikely we would've had enough time to make a difference. Yeah, it was our own hubris that did us in, but we didn't know we were fucked until the tip was already pretty deep in.

We should all just appreciate what we have. Water.

Who was that poster here that used to encourage people to go on vacations to third-world countries because he said it was good for his depression due to his taste for lording over people he considered inferior? This is like the same thing. We should all be happy because we have water and the people in Sydney don't and they're going to severely suffer and it will be pleasurable to witness their punishment.

At the very least it will be entertaining. Even if you're horrified you'll be glued to the TV as the riots happen and the new order (or lack of one) rises in the streets. Violence, killings on camera (I call them killings because when there is no law, there is no murder), the sickest shit you can imagine. But the guys will be cute.
serge

Tiops

« Reply #55007 on: November 15, 2019, 11:27:50 AM »
Imagine having Ketkat as pillar to your mental health.

FStop7

« Reply #55008 on: November 15, 2019, 11:31:19 AM »
Let's be honest here, REEEsetera would be a much better forum of the whole trans community just fucked off somewhere else (the BCT and the whole of poliGAF for that matter).

Edit: top of the page bonus for the commies on this board
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sexy Stalin
[close]

If the Re trans community were to relocate then I nominate The Bore. They'll be treated more fairly by the moderators here than they are at Re.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #55009 on: November 15, 2019, 11:31:36 AM »
Still laughing about Nepathetic’s 7 year car loan. By the time she is done paying it off, that piece of shit will require more $ in maintenance than it will be worth.
Oi Oi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #55010 on: November 15, 2019, 11:35:37 AM »

Couple of options below.

New option:

ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #55012 on: November 15, 2019, 11:43:19 AM »
Still laughing about Nepathetic’s 7 year car loan. By the time she is done paying it off, that piece of shit will require more $ in maintenance than it will be worth.
Yeah, but if she doesn't put a lot of miles on it it'll be a decent asset.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #55013 on: November 15, 2019, 11:46:29 AM »

That's why car loans aren't a great idea in the first place.  The second you drive it off the lot, it becomes "used" and starts losing value.  But if you are going to do it, dealerships will fall over themselves to get you in a loan at a decent rate, sometimes even zero interest for the first year or a couple thousand cash back to cover the originating costs.

The fact that her stepfather got her into a 7 year loan at 7% APR is just mind boggling.  A Versa only goes for about $15K, why are you extending that to 7 years with that interest rate?  You're paying an additional $4-5K for it, not to mention the additional cash you're going to have to put in after 3-4 years when things start breaking down on the car.

Also the picture of the car in her driveway shows that she lives in a pretty good neighborhood and her only sacrifice financially to get a brand new car is to cancel GamePass and not eat out as much.  And her previous car was a Lexus.  But MUH OPPRESSION!

:aweshum

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #55014 on: November 15, 2019, 11:50:00 AM »
eh i don't see an issue with a short term car loan on a used car that has decent resale. i got a loan on my VW (also $15k but at 2.4%) and it'll be paid in a couple years while still being pretty new.

7 years at 7% means either shit credit or someone is ripping them off :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #55015 on: November 15, 2019, 11:55:11 AM »
I think ol stepdad gave her a "family" discount.

thetylerrob

« Reply #55016 on: November 15, 2019, 12:02:06 PM »
The privilege is implied by having time to shitpost on the internet all day, every day. You don't need more detail than that. See also: incelsheet

benjipwns

« Reply #55017 on: November 15, 2019, 12:06:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-are-essential-oils-and-oil-diffusers-in-the-vitamin-aisle-at-drug-stores.153292/
I moved them over to the Febreze shelf but it’s a matter of time before they get put back
:badass

benjipwns

« Reply #55018 on: November 15, 2019, 12:09:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-trans-awareness-week-nov-13th-19th.153146/post-26493578
Quote from: The Kree
I think they're probably gonna hit the undo button on that ban because they can't be blind to how it looks. I dunno if that would help anything at this point, but it would be something. I dunno what to do about all the shitty thread behavior aside from reporting it when I notice it.
Having one of the most confident, supportive and vocal advocates for mental health and trans people on the forum unbanned, were she to come back, would definitely help everything. I have my bones to pick with recent moderation trends but this is outside of that. I want her back because she was one of the most valuable assets those communities had in both being heard and being supported here. Categorically.

As for you and the reporting, thank you. Regular members who either support us vocally in threads, or report those that we have to endure, are much, much appreciated.
:doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #55019 on: November 15, 2019, 12:12:03 PM »
"regular" members, eh? sounds like exclusionary language to me