Author Topic: Heavy Metal  (Read 50505 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: Heavy Metal
« Reply #540 on: September 30, 2019, 02:18:17 PM »
Did you forget about crabcore?  :hmph
©ZH

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #541 on: September 30, 2019, 02:40:23 PM »

What about the Black Metal crab walk @ about 44 sec

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I like Grindcore and some Metalcore, despite Metalcore being trash. :trumps
[close]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 03:15:24 PM by D3RANG3D »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #542 on: September 30, 2019, 02:44:11 PM »
Anything that has core in it is probably shit

There is some good hardcore. Other than that, you are 100 percent factual and correct. Mathcore is :trash

wrong.  :brain
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 02:53:05 PM by Mr Gilhaney »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #544 on: October 08, 2019, 01:03:32 AM »
Hey Cindi!

I saw the Amon Amarth gig tonight.

At the Gates I saw before at some festival around the time they reunited. So this was my second time seeing them. Arch Enemy I never listened to. Didn't even before the show. All I knew was "hey a female vocalist" and "hey Jeff Loomis is in this band now? Kewl." Cool guitar wankery in this band. I'm convinced by them after this performance.

Amon Amarth killed it of course. Fun ass stage props too, which is expected from them. I can't remember if this was my 2nd or third time seeing them. Because like At the Gates I saw AA at a metal festival. It's just hazy to me if I happened to catch them only once since I attended that festival 3 times in about a span of 4 years and sometimes there were bands I happened to catch multiple times. But that's neither here nor there.

The bill is worth going to.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #545 on: October 17, 2019, 03:59:45 AM »

Got some new cans. Time to listen to some of my favourites.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:06:30 AM by HardcoreRetro »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #546 on: October 17, 2019, 05:59:03 AM »
This is one for the doom/death fans. Also for fans of bands with the stupidest names ever.

Got the vinyl delivered last week and it sounds amazing thorough a decent stereo system.

Probably the best band with the worst name I've ever heard.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #547 on: October 20, 2019, 02:16:50 AM »
Saw Amon Amarth.

Arch Enemy had best set easily.

I thought Amon Amarth had the worst and the whole viking thing is kind of wack to me. Can't believe I saw At The Gates.

Great show though. Only complaint were the moshers. Moshers are fa.gs.

Love it for the death metal tho. TBH I gotta say I'm more about more real death metal than melodeath. I think regular death metal might be my favorite metal genre. It's basically rock taken to its absolute height. At some point my ears just opened up and heard more than incessant banging and I fell in love. Anyways, great show.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #548 on: October 20, 2019, 08:26:45 AM »
Not unterstanding the language works best, I think. :lol That way you don't need have to buy into violent fantasies about medieval combat.

skullstorm

« Reply #549 on: October 20, 2019, 02:54:11 PM »
Only complaint were the moshers. Moshers are fa.gs.

Amen. I'm getting older, I'm not huge, I wear glasses and have a bad neck, fuck those shits that have to assault people not even in the mosh pit, crowd killers or whatever they're called. And I'm never at the edge of the pit, the closest I'll get is so that there are a few people standing in front or behind me as a barrier but sometimes even that isn't enough distance from the fucks. Also fuck those guys who decide to start their own one man mosh pit in the middle of reasonable people. Hardcore gigs in small venues are the shittiest though, try seeing the band somehow when the tiny floor is all taken over by three jackoffs doing the fucking windmill and purposely trying to punch everyone not in the pit in the face.

Also a big nope: farters in crowds. Like do you have to pass the rankest gas when it's so packed that the poor defenseless people behind you can't run away? Or I get away but the farter also moves so no one knows it was they who farted and then they end up next to me again and continue farting.

Also people so drunk they start touching you, get violent or vomit on you etc. At least the only time I got vomited on the band was playing their last song already. The scrawny teenager responsible ran like hell before I could even yell at him  >:(

Anyway I went to a small scale metal festival last weekend (the day I went there played Eyehategod, Cirith Ungol, Bölzer, Celeste and some local metal bands and some more artsy shit too) and I got to experience the crowd killers, a drunk guy apparently deciding I was his best friend and of course the rank farter. All in all a successful live event then. Bands were okay too.

Slightly related
[close]

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #550 on: October 20, 2019, 04:03:49 PM »
I must admit I do like the moshing to some extend, although being sick and fat, I dont do it as much anymore. If it fits the show at least. When it does, the band usually participates in it as well though, where you have to worry just as much about flying objects/people from stage, as from the crowd. If you go to such a show and stand up front, dont complain about getting a guitar or a guy crowdsurfing or such in the face, there is usually a pretty clear safe area away from that. Obviously people moshing into others who are clearly not into it, are kind of dicks.

Farting however is just horrible. but i also do it, if it's in the middle of a show. but mine smell good. 8)

skullstorm

« Reply #551 on: October 20, 2019, 05:32:55 PM »
Farting however is just horrible. but i also do it, if it's in the middle of a show. but mine smell good. 8)

How curious, so do mine.  But that's why I don't let just anyone smell them  :snob

And yeah I do usually have an idea what type of live band a band I'm going to see is and what kind of crowd behaviour to expect so I've never been actually injured or anything, I know not to go stand around like a dork in the sparsely populated area behind the front rows waiting for the show to start lol.

The problem of getting collateral damage from a mosh pit with crowd killing assholes in it usually comes in a small or narrow venue where you can't easily escape to the sides of the room since those aren't safe either if the pit gets out of hand. And it sucks if you're not there early enough to get to the front so then you paid good money to "watch" the gig from the very back from behind a raging pit and a bunch of ridiculously tall dudes who have no problem seeing everything from no matter how far  ::) And if you do get to the front the sound is often way too loud there and the music doesn't sound good. The pit always takes up the best space in the venue.

There should be elevated sections at all venues for the chill shorter people, not just for the handicapped. All problems solved! Except the farters  :doge

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #552 on: October 21, 2019, 01:09:22 AM »
I think I'd prefer the smell of farts over some of the body odour I've smelled at metal gigs.
Spud

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #553 on: October 21, 2019, 01:16:38 AM »
There should be elevated sections at all venues for the chill shorter people, not just for the handicapped. All problems solved! Except the farters  :doge
Im all for raising stages up and slanting the floor from the front to the back. So many tall people at metal gigs.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #554 on: October 22, 2019, 08:16:36 AM »
""

Listening to this today. These guys mix like 80's campy guitar solos with some screamo. Damn good stuff.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #555 on: October 25, 2019, 02:05:02 AM »

Tasty riffcigarilloe. Which is more or less an Immortal staple.

Edit: lolwat

Word is supposed to be riff a g e

skullstorm

« Reply #556 on: October 25, 2019, 01:49:18 PM »
Word is supposed to be riff a g e

:dead

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #557 on: October 26, 2019, 06:27:41 PM »
Hard to call their newer stuff metal, but they have done grindcore and mathcore through their earlier years, so posting about them anyway... Daughters were fucking amazing today, close to concert of the year for me. Singer is crazy, after the first song he was already bleeding from his head after having banged the microphone into it several times. Then went on to vomit on stage and... then kiss a guy in the audience all over. Didnt expect that kind of intensity from their show, considering the amount of more mellow songs they play.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #558 on: October 29, 2019, 02:48:36 PM »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #559 on: November 03, 2019, 01:15:47 AM »
This is my go fuck yourself song. Forever

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #560 on: November 03, 2019, 04:34:45 AM »
winter nights drawing in means atmospheric bm time:

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #561 on: November 06, 2019, 05:32:24 PM »

Fuck. Yes.
Spud

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #562 on: November 07, 2019, 11:40:00 AM »
That review on the top is peak old band touring shit. LMAO.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #563 on: November 07, 2019, 06:26:22 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #564 on: November 10, 2019, 11:58:15 PM »
Got my Maiden tickets!!!!
Spud

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #565 on: December 04, 2019, 06:16:54 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #566 on: December 05, 2019, 10:48:24 AM »
©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #567 on: December 05, 2019, 10:50:28 AM »
©ZH

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #568 on: December 12, 2019, 05:20:48 PM »

esch, what do you think of Batushka? like, the music, not the mickey mouse drama

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #569 on: January 17, 2020, 07:46:35 PM »

Scored tickets for Sepultura. They got a North America tour in a few months.

"But EchoRin, they suck now and have for the longest time."

Couldn't care less mate. 5 super solid records when the Cavalera bros were still together in the thick of things is all you need and hey the energy still comes through on the material that doesn't mean anything to me. I've seen them at a festival one time and the crowd goes absolutely insane.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #570 on: January 21, 2020, 01:41:24 AM »
Taake - Nattestid ser porten vid, Part I

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #571 on: January 28, 2020, 04:46:15 PM »
I was looking at upcoming concerts and saw that Machine Head will be in town. I wasn't ever fully in on them when it came to studio albums, but was really impressed with their live show when I saw them at a festival maybe like 5 years ago. So I go to see what they have been up to and oh my god. It looks like they are back to being absolutely the worst thing in metal  :lol

That dueling guitar part is a highlight. The rest is a big miss. But more than anything, those lyrics. Robb. Please. Rarely do lyrics destroy a song. At worst I'm usually indifferent to them. It's mostly about delivery and emotion as well as just being another instrument. But this time the lyrics are so bad that... I wish I didn't understand English

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #572 on: January 28, 2020, 05:40:29 PM »
Can confirm. Machine Head still fucking terrible.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #573 on: January 28, 2020, 05:45:59 PM »
Can confirm. Machine Head still fucking terrible.
:lol

American High is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I genuinely like Davidian. The drums in that :preach

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #574 on: January 28, 2020, 05:58:48 PM »
I've seen them live a few times, mainly when they supported bands I liked back in the day. I remember when they were supposed to open for Slayer and Slipknot, but cancelled due to having the flu. What a time.  :rejoice

Papa Roach were not so kind though.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #575 on: January 28, 2020, 08:57:06 PM »
New My Dying Bride Album on the way and new single released.

Fuck I love this band and this new song is brilliant.
Spud

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #576 on: January 28, 2020, 08:57:08 PM »
I mean when I saw them they left all the nu-metal bullcock in the past. I remember really liking the song Halo. When I came home I listened to it (album version) and it didn't quite hit me exactly the same. So I looked at Wikipedia today and it seems like things changed going back to their last album. The lead guitarist and drummer left soon after. The guitarist said he wasn't into the direction Robb was taking the band and that he wasn't into it for the last 3 years anymore. If this song is the culmination of what Robb was leading the band to then... yeahhhhh.

It's funny too, cause you can hear in some of their songs that there is capability within reach (like I would guess a good chunk of their post nu-metal phase stuff. But again I only listened to a few songs shortly after the concert and just happened to like the live show much more than the studio versions), but when the leading mastermind is Robb, the band lives and dies by his musical sense. And the more he leans into the nu-metal or alt-metal or metalcore slant, the results just ain't good.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #577 on: January 28, 2020, 09:01:48 PM »
Also, didn't realise there was a new Pyogenesis album out too.

One of my all time favourite bands and I followed them from their death/doom days through to their weird elctro-pop-punk phase.

The last three albums since they reformed have been a fantastic blend of all of their eras into something completely fucking cool.

Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #578 on: January 30, 2020, 02:47:01 PM »
Fuck yes, there's a new Katatonia album coming this year too.

Spud

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #579 on: March 11, 2020, 01:37:39 AM »
yesiree

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #580 on: March 17, 2020, 06:15:31 PM »
Picked up the new My Dying Bride album on vinyl.

Spud

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #581 on: March 17, 2020, 06:23:37 PM »
You were looking forward to this I remember. Hope your ears have a good time with it  :)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #582 on: March 17, 2020, 07:08:21 PM »

I really like it.

Turn Loose the Swans is my favourite album of all time. It's not as good as that, but it is probably the best thing they have put out for a while, maybe even since then.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #583 on: May 28, 2020, 08:28:18 PM »
I almost don't want to post this because we are at 666 posts.

But this meme is so top tier it has to be posted.

IYKYK

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #584 on: June 23, 2020, 08:20:12 PM »

Jesu has a way of tugging at my heart.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #585 on: July 24, 2020, 05:24:03 PM »
uploaded on youtube

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #586 on: August 04, 2020, 01:26:17 AM »

This is from the upcoming album

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #587 on: August 04, 2020, 01:27:27 AM »
I like disturbed and five finger death punch can I come in

spoiler (click to show/hide)
real talk tho, that new enslaved stuff not hitting the way E did for me, but still looking forward to it
[close]

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #588 on: August 12, 2020, 01:29:02 AM »

One, I love this song.
Two, the comments section has me rolling.

Himu

« Reply #589 on: August 12, 2020, 01:31:52 AM »
Going to post all the metal ive been listening to lately tomorrow when I get the chance
IYKYK

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #590 on: September 16, 2020, 02:49:12 AM »
Raaaaaaaaaawrrrrrrr

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #591 on: November 02, 2020, 11:19:02 AM »
So that new Anaal Nathrakh album, Endarkement. It's rather solid. Pretty impressive that the band hasn't had some major dud after all this time. The previous album was pretty skippable, but otherwise it's been a consistent discography more or less.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #592 on: November 15, 2020, 12:33:41 AM »
... we are a blaze in the northern sky ahhhhhhh hahahahaha!!!

But I bring it up because god damn.

1992 saw the release of Darkthrone’s “A Blaze in the Northern Sky”. Recorded in Kolbotn, it was their second full length effort, but their first within the genre of black metal. The album was extremely influential, and set the bar for a new wave of Norwegian bands that are idolized worldwide to this day. What were the origins of the black metal wave of the 1990’s come from, and why is the music still so popular?

A first edition print of “A Blaze in the Northern Sky" features in Enlightened, the National Library of Norway’s new permanent exhibition of highlights from Norwegian cultural history. In this event Ted Skjellum, also known as Nocturno Culto, is interviewed by journalist and writer Harald Fossberg.

:clap :heartbeat :heart :bow :bow2

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #593 on: November 15, 2020, 10:02:41 AM »
let's get some ham cooking:

Himu

IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #595 on: January 02, 2021, 08:41:52 PM »
Some good metal

Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #596 on: January 02, 2021, 08:46:34 PM »
Some more good metal

Spud

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #597 on: March 04, 2021, 12:01:58 PM »
atmospheric BM from the scottish highlands:

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #598 on: March 04, 2021, 02:13:58 PM »
Saor is some good shit. Atmoblack usually bores me to tears, but those guys keep it interesting.
Spud

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #599 on: March 05, 2021, 06:35:38 AM »