Author Topic: NEW MATRIX SEQUEL FROM LANA WACHOWSKI STARRING KEANU AND CARRIE-ANN  (Read 38343 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1163907264681353218

SUCK MY BIG BLACK DICK FROM THE BACK
BLESS UP
GOD IS GOOD
YOU NEGATIVE ASS MOTHERFUCKER DON'T DESERVE THIS WEIRDNESS BUT THATS OKAY CUZ ITS NOT FOR YOU
BLESS UP

Remember when Wachowskis made a 200 mill movie about space goth royalty and half dog humans and it bombed and niccas said that was a wrap then they made a tv show about coming together as one to defeat evil and those afraid of unity but it got cancelled and even they were like yea we done but nope we still here, goofy forever

bless up

:brazilcry

bet she still looking good in latex

:tocry

spoiler (click to show/hide)
keanu forever
[close]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 04:32:10 PM by toku »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: NEW MATRIX SEQUEL FROM LANA WACHOWSKI STARRING KEANU AND CARRIE-ANN
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 04:31:55 PM »

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

Himu

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 04:32:55 PM »
Bless up is back huh?

:rejoice :jeb
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 04:37:06 PM »
I'm fine with this, insofar as they explore the post-Matrix 3 world. They could say Keanu and Carrie are back from the dead because it's like the 7th Cycle of the Matrix.

But you know she's going to retcon the other two and/or ignore it and just make it a Matrix adventure, which would be mostly fine.

I just want a good Cyberpunk movie. :( My favorite genre but it's criminally ignored/misunderstood.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 04:47:35 PM »
Bless up is back huh?

:rejoice :jeb

Peace
I'm fine with this, insofar as they explore the post-Matrix 3 world. They could say Keanu and Carrie are back from the dead because it's like the 7th Cycle of the Matrix.

But you know she's going to retcon the other two and/or ignore it and just make it a Matrix adventure, which would be mostly fine.

I just want a good Cyberpunk movie. :( My favorite genre but it's criminally ignored/misunderstood.

Going off your posts in the cyberpunk thread and even here I think the kinda cyberpunk movie you'd want is definitely doable but it'd probably look more like modern thrillers just with more attention paid to setting. Sad part is that kinda shit would be good on even a smaller budget with right location but because of that I doubt ppl would find it exciting enough. You take something like Johnny Mnemonic, ground it way more especially in regards to the decking shit and take out the big explosions is what I'm thinking I guess.

thisismyusername

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 04:52:04 PM »
Well, what I secretly want is a good Neuromancer adaptation. But I know that isn't going to happen. :(

The Matrix is probably the best of the Cyberpunk live-action films.

I'd say Ghost in the Shell and the Animatrix mini-films were also really good.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 04:56:31 PM »
Really hope this doesn't suck.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 04:56:32 PM »
Call me a joyless cynic but I'm starting with the expectation it will be shit. Reloaded is meh. Revolutions just plain bad and AFAIK the Wachowski most recent work wasn't that great either.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 06:31:42 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 05:00:07 PM »
I think the best thing they could do is try to do a different action style than wire-fu or try to modernize it.  If they keep the same style it's going to feel really dated.   

Tasty

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 05:04:23 PM »
+ A Wachowski is overseeing production
+ Keanu is back!
+ Carrie-Ann is back!
+ The Matrix is back!

~ We all knew this was coming eventually

- A question mark on Morpheus of all characters? He lived! Trinity and Neo died! Is Revolutions canon? Is this?
- "Maybe recast Morpheus to be younger" ???
- I don't see Don Davis's name in any of this either...

Tasty

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 05:07:28 PM »
Call me a joyless cynic but I'm starting with the expectation it will be shit. Reloaded is meh. Revolutions just plain bad and AFAIK the Wachoski most recent work wasn't that great either.

I'm pretty confident saying this is almost certainly going to be a 180 on some level from the previous films. It could still be bad, but it'll be different at least. So I don't think relying on Reloaded/Revolutions, especially 16 years out, to divine the quality of this film is fair.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 05:08:27 PM »
Well, what I secretly want is a good Neuromancer adaptation. But I know that isn't going to happen. :(

Me and you both. The dreads smoking weed in the satellites has been a way bigger influence on me that even I realize. I know so much of Neuromancer has been stolen for other works but I still think it could be a great one off adventure. I was thinking recently that probably the best way to sell it in this era is center the whole thing more around Molly. Shift the dude more into a kind of damsel in distress/dude way way over his head seat. If it hits then you could maybe franchise it/her.

Occam

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2019, 05:09:38 PM »
Really hope this doesn't suck.

Spoiler: It's going to suck.

Tasty

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2019, 05:12:21 PM »
What's going to be really telling about this (before scripts leak/production starts/trailers come/etc.) is the budget. If it's $150 mil or less, we will already know this is going to be WAY less action-focused than Reloaded or Revolutions, which could be a good thing. Imagine a big budget, full-length version of your favorite Animatrix short. Could still be a great movie while avoiding retreading the original trilogy's ground.

Story-wise, if this is canon, I wonder if the video games will remain canon or get jettisoned to the same place as Star Wars' EU. Neo never being fully revived was a key requirement the Wachowkis had on the writers for The Matrix Online, as they felt if Neo was resurrected it would cheapen his sacrifice (and they're right.) So I'm very curious how both of these two are back, unless it's something trippy like "Zion archive material."

Tasty

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 05:14:24 PM »
We do this for every Wachowski discussion but

The Matrix: Perfect
Reloaded: Great
Revolutions: Bad
Speed Racer: Good
Cloud Atlas: Great

And I haven't seen it but for the sake of capitulation to Wachowski haters, for the purposes of discussion we can count it as "bad." (And on that note, we can also probably count their debut "Bound" as good, as I haven't seen that either.)

They have a better record percentage wise than Spielberg. :idont

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 05:16:12 PM »
Only way to make it work is if the "real world" of the past movies, was actually another simulation.

Tasty

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 05:16:38 PM »
And even their bad movies are still interesting and different from usual Hollywood pap :idont

Tasty

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 05:17:50 PM »
Only way to make it work is if the "real world" of the past movies, was actually another simulation.

Not sure how you introduce this concept without making the entire series of events in the movies utterly pointless, so I've never been a fan of this theory (back when it was circulating on Matrix message boards...)

It's also just another way to retread the same ground the Architect laid ("Ah ha! You thought you were free BUT REALLY YOU'RE NOT!") Would rather have fresh ideas.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2019, 05:20:57 PM »
Path of Neo > Matrix 4
fat

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 05:25:53 PM »
And even their bad movies are still interesting and different from usual Hollywood pap :idont
Speed Racer is great.
Jupiter Ascending, even i won't defend, i just couldn't stand it.

Not sure how you introduce this concept without making the entire series of events in the movies utterly pointless, so I've never been a fan of this theory (back when it was circulating on Matrix message boards...)

It's also just another way to retread the same ground the Architect laid ("Ah ha! You thought you were free BUT REALLY YOU'RE NOT!") Would rather have fresh ideas.
I was joking, didn't know it was an actual theory.  :lol
The problem from a lore pov, is justifying them aging inside the Matrix maybe.
I dunno, i think it'll be a train wreck, but probably a fun one.

agrajag

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2019, 05:28:52 PM »
I'm here for it

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2019, 05:33:06 PM »
Wachowskis haven't done a bad project. You can murder me on this hill. Bless.

Tasty

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2019, 05:55:14 PM »
Path of Neo > Matrix 4

I actually won a OG Xbox game lot from Ebay that has Path of Neo. :-*
OH!

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2019, 05:55:53 PM »
I just want another animatrix  :stahp

Tasty

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2019, 06:00:33 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2019, 06:06:35 PM »
matrix online reboot when

Tasty

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2019, 06:17:32 PM »
Same. Just let the main series die and give us something different :stahp

Lana Wachowski is still a Wachowski. It's going to be something different.

I'm half expecting them to pull a reverse-Terminator 2 and have (AI duplicates of) Neo and Trinity be the bad guy Agent-stand-ins. Or something.

A Wachowski doing something samey and rehashy would be a first. Not impossible but not likely based on history.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2019, 06:17:34 PM »
 :rejoice

will forever defend reloaded

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2019, 06:19:58 PM »
I'm surprised people remember the Animatrix that fondly. I saw it like once as a kid and I remember not caring for it at all.

Is it worth revisiting?

3 or 4 of the stories are legit good, especially the one in the haunted house

Tasty

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2019, 06:20:01 PM »
Keanu as an unrepentant asshole badguy... Would be preeeeeetty unexpected and different.

Tasty

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2019, 06:23:02 PM »
The Animatrix is a masterpiece.

I'm surprised people remember the Animatrix that fondly. I saw it like once as a kid and I remember not caring for it at all.

Is it worth revisiting?

3 or 4 of the stories are legit good, especially the one in the haunted house

I didn't care for that one, but Beyond edit- Matriculated (where they attempt to re-train a machine) and a lot of its concepts have stuck with me. I also watched it when I was like 11, and it was the first time I had seen violence like in the Second Renaissance, and it permanently affected me.

So maybe I'm unbiased when it comes to The Animatrix, but I really do think some of the shorts have been produced by legitimate science-fiction geniuses.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 07:16:02 PM by Tasty Meat »

Tasty

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »
:rejoice

will forever defend reloaded

In this boat with you too.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2019, 06:28:13 PM »
Keanu as an unrepentant asshole badguy... Would be preeeeeetty unexpected and different.
You haven't watched Man of Tai Chi and Street Kings? He plyes the bad guy in those.

Tasty

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2019, 06:29:50 PM »
You haven't watched Man of Tai Chi and Street Kings? He plyes the bad guy in those.

Correct. Most people haven't either, so I think there'd still be a large surprise factor for the general public.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2019, 06:31:33 PM »
what if john wick was in the matrix vs evil neo :gladbron

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2019, 06:35:03 PM »

Correct. Most people haven't either, so I think there'd still be a large surprise factor for the general public.
Oh he also plays the creep in Neon Demon, and there was another one i saw recently where he was a bad guy, but i can't remember what it was.
I see your point though, especially since the "good guy Keanu" meme took off big time, in recent years.

Tasty

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2019, 06:36:33 PM »
Yup exactly. I had forgotten he was even in the Neon Demon though. :lol He was a great sleazeball in that.

Tasty

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2019, 06:38:14 PM »
what if john wick was in the matrix vs evil neo :gladbron

John Wick 4: The Matrix in the pipeline :jeb

It was actually The Matrix 4: John Wick :jeb

thisismyusername

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2019, 06:43:44 PM »

Me and you both. The dreads smoking weed in the satellites has been a way bigger influence on me that even I realize. I know so much of Neuromancer has been stolen for other works but I still think it could be a great one off adventure. I was thinking recently that probably the best way to sell it in this era is center the whole thing more around Molly. Shift the dude more into a kind of damsel in distress/dude way way over his head seat. If it hits then you could maybe franchise it/her.

Molly is a really good character, that features into the other two Sprawl books. So I could see them making her the protagonist over Case, easily. But Neuromancer is mostly Case's vehicle, so they'd have to rework things to fit Molly into the run-time/story more than her side-character/assistant/bodyguard role is.

Is it worth revisiting?

Some of them are duds, but most of them are solid enough. Way better than the Matrix sequels, easily.

I'm honestly surprised the series has been dormant and not in like Comic Books or anime. The Animatrix shorts showed that an anime series or deeper exploration into the Matrix/simulation itself could've carried the IP than the whole "Neo = God" thing.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2019, 06:47:11 PM »
Seems like they just decided to let a woman write and direct instead of finding the best person available. Not interested in forced diversity in my Matrix, firm pass fro me.

Tasty

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »
Seems like they just decided to let a woman write and direct instead of finding the best person available. Not interested in forced diversity in my Matrix, firm pass fro me.

The only other alternative candidate to direct a Matrix film is Lilly.

I know it'll happen eventually, but I absolutely hate the idea of non-Wachowski The Matrix. Or at least, the concept of such a movie as filtered through today's Hollywood.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2019, 06:54:36 PM »
4 big budget flops if you include Sense8..... This is the  Do Me A Favor cycle of a director. #latestagewachowski

It's going to be shit.

He's absolutely right. This is a desparate move from a director that has a right to be in a desperate state.
Honestly those movies hardly hold up today, don't know how you can expect for lightning to strike twice, especially after Nolan and Villenueve and a bunch of others have taken similar ideas and have run much farther and better with it. It's gonna suck, maybe not Jupiter Ascending levels of suck but it's not going to be good.
que

Tasty

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2019, 07:01:42 PM »
For every negative post ITT I'm going to post a corresponding and rad Matrix song or GIF. You have been warned.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Tasty

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2019, 07:04:02 PM »
When Dragula was in every single movie and videogame :rejoice

Those were simpler times.

It actually just showed up on CW's The Flash last season too. :lol

Tasty

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2019, 07:09:26 PM »
Blair Witch 2 had a surprisingly awesome soundtrack.

Tasty

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2019, 07:14:02 PM »
Also I definitely live in The Matrix. I've been revisiting Matrix stuff for the past two weeks and then this news hits. :neo

I love this guy's videos, mostly the production aspect. It's all stuff I've watched 2-3x on my DVDs, just edited down with an educational thrust. Very enjoyable and he gives each aspect of the franchise (including sequels and games) the attention it deserves.

This one is more annoying and I don't think it's some work of genius as he does, but there are good ideas here and I appreciate the fact he tried keeping as much of Reloaded (and Revolutions, I guess...) intact instead of just writing sheer fanfiction. As he said, some tweaks are really all Reloaded needed.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2019, 07:14:15 PM »

I love you.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2019, 07:16:04 PM »
I still haven't seen the third movie. Will have to watch it and see if it's as bad as advertised. I thought Reloaded was...ok, not terrible. Very flawed but there's definitely enough interesting shit (and cool scenes) to make it worthwhile to a degree.

Tasty

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2019, 07:16:52 PM »
Revolutions is pretty decent if you skip any scene in the real world that lacks Neo or Trinity. Literally none of them matter to the story in the slightest.

Like James in Twin Peaks s2.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2019, 07:17:29 PM »

Kawajiri Forever

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2019, 07:18:41 PM »
omg what if the real world was actually a second layer of the matrix
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2019, 07:19:27 PM »
Guess it's time I confessed I never watched either Matrix sequel. Only the scene where Monica Bellucci makes out with Jada Pinkett Smith.

You really don't need to, although the highway scene from Reloaded is one of the best car chase scenes ever.
dog

nudemacusers

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2019, 07:42:06 PM »
Trinity gonna look thicc in latex :whew

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2019, 07:49:13 PM »
How will the Matrix modernize? WIll the redpill turn everyone into chubby nazis with chinstraps?
Sure is hilarious how all the chuds have latched on to a trans allegory isn't it. :doge
Hi

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2019, 07:54:27 PM »
Trinity gonna look thicc in latex :whew

(Image removed from quote.)

Help Neo, I'm trying to sneak around but I'm so dummy thicc that the clap from my ass cheeks keeps alerting the agents!
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2019, 09:27:14 PM »
Speed Racer is great.
Jupiter Ascending, even i won't defend, i just couldn't stand it.

I was joking, didn't know it was an actual theory.  :lol
The problem from a lore pov, is justifying them aging inside the Matrix maybe.
I dunno, i think it'll be a train wreck, but probably a fun one.

I was 💯 convinced that this was the case at the end of reloaded (which I loved. Haters  gonna hate). I was sure that when Neo could see the machines in the final scene of the matrix that this was evidence that the matrix was a nested within another matrix, and Neo was the first person to be able to figure it out.

Revolutions was trash though, and this fan theory makes way more sense than what actually happened in the movie. Instead he can just see machines because.... why?

Tasty

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2019, 09:36:25 PM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2019, 09:41:51 PM »
Guess it's time I confessed I never watched either Matrix sequel. Only the scene where Monica Bellucci makes out with Jada Pinkett Smith.

That's the game. :wag :wag :wag