Author Topic: NEW MATRIX SEQUEL FROM LANA WACHOWSKI STARRING KEANU AND CARRIE-ANN  (Read 38315 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: NEW MATRIX SEQUEL FROM LANA WACHOWSKI STARRING KEANU AND CARRIE-ANN
« Reply #361 on: September 09, 2021, 06:00:29 PM »
 :lol

this emo chit  :neogaf

just play dragular for the trailer and the entire sound track  :rash

Tasty

« Reply #362 on: September 09, 2021, 06:13:00 PM »
Couple things I noticed in the trailer:

- Neo after he "wakes"/remembers doesn't have all his powers yet, or at least not at full strength -- could be an Act 1 thing, or an overall runtime thing

- It seems like the "new" Zion crew (blue hair lady, fake Morpheus) have the ability to use any large-enough reflective surface as a "doorway," similar to the doors leading to the white hallway in Reloaded (this is also a clear callback to Neo's awakening in the first film, when the mirror goes down his throat while dial-up noises play)

- Yellow code going *up* during the logo transition at the end, possibly symbolizing uploading or "resurrection"

- I have a theory that Neo's consciousness and/or body are alive, but Trinity really is dead and this is just an "echo" or part of some larger scheme for luring Neo back out (you can see green code going up her neck in one shot)

- I think this movie will be about Neo accepting Trinity's death in Revolutions, finally freeing himself of his final earthly attachment, and attaining true enlightenment as he dies (for real) -- hoping he'll be reunited with the real Trinity in death, finally

Tasty

« Reply #363 on: September 09, 2021, 06:17:52 PM »
Also, nothing I've seen so far contradicts The Matrix Online. Doesn't mean the final film won't, but here's hoping they keep it canon. 🤞

Edit- In fact, not having Morpheus or Smith reinforces it a little.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #364 on: September 09, 2021, 06:34:26 PM »
I'm more leaning towards Morpheus being a program trying to 'reactivate' Neo and Trinity to fight a new threat.

In the original trilogy the Oracle was a program as well.
I wonder if they will start calling them 'apps' instead of programs.
🤴

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #365 on: September 09, 2021, 09:16:31 PM »
Sure looked to me that they were watching Mouse on the screen in a quick cut, possibly watching a clip from the first film.
rub

Tasty

« Reply #366 on: September 09, 2021, 10:33:00 PM »

:delicious

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:crazy Revolutions continuity confirmed :rejoice
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #367 on: September 09, 2021, 10:45:32 PM »

"Nothing ever goes just right... especially not peace."

"Why won't they give up his remains?!"

Why indeed, Morpheus...

Rahxephon91

« Reply #368 on: September 09, 2021, 11:09:46 PM »
I thought it looked and sounded pretty lame to be honest.

Tasty

« Reply #369 on: September 09, 2021, 11:39:03 PM »

You are also notoriously hard to please.

Tasty

« Reply #370 on: September 10, 2021, 10:44:28 PM »
Some more thoughts...

- I definitely think the Machines are the ones resurrecting Neo, and I think it may be to develop some kind of counter-One code so they can go back to their old ways

- I also think the nu-Zion crew we’ve seen so far might be programs working for the Machine’s ends.

- On the other hand, I also think that "Morpheus" is actually Morpheus Jr., basically just his son he might have had with Niobe (who we know is in the film)

- On the other other hand, there’s apparently clips from the original trilogy playing in a room in the trailer, so we might be in for some kind of meta-fuckery that I doubt the trailers will hint much further at

- My friend had a theory this may take place hundreds of years in the future, which dovetails nicely with another theory I had. We see the Machines operating on Neo’s body from the end of Revolutions (scarred eyes), but we also see Neo waking up in a new pod (no scarred eyes.) Maybe they transferred his mind to an identical body? Hmm...

Lots to think about with this one trailer! I love The Matrix. :D

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #371 on: September 10, 2021, 10:47:32 PM »
 :)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #372 on: September 11, 2021, 01:50:41 AM »
The machines have become more human than human but they still are not able to dig through the ditches nor burn through the witches.
©@©™

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #373 on: September 11, 2021, 04:30:04 AM »
The machines discover that nuclear energy is far more secure and efficient than harvesting miles and miles of humans in tubes, and there's no need for the Matrix at all.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #374 on: September 11, 2021, 05:05:27 AM »
The machines discover that if they create a neverending 2016 Donald Trump election campaign humans are too busy and distracted to find out the truth.
🤴

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #375 on: September 11, 2021, 09:30:11 AM »
Some more thoughts...

- I definitely think the Machines are the ones resurrecting Neo, and I think it may be to develop some kind of counter-One code so they can go back to their old ways

- I also think the nu-Zion crew we’ve seen so far might be programs working for the Machine’s ends.

- On the other hand, I also think that "Morpheus" is actually Morpheus Jr., basically just his son he might have had with Niobe (who we know is in the film)

- On the other other hand, there’s apparently clips from the original trilogy playing in a room in the trailer, so we might be in for some kind of meta-fuckery that I doubt the trailers will hint much further at

- My friend had a theory this may take place hundreds of years in the future, which dovetails nicely with another theory I had. We see the Machines operating on Neo’s body from the end of Revolutions (scarred eyes), but we also see Neo waking up in a new pod (no scarred eyes.) Maybe they transferred his mind to an identical body? Hmm...

Lots to think about with this one trailer! I love The Matrix. :D

Yeah given the direction The Wachowskis have been in the last decade (Cloud Atlas, Sense8, JA) I think it's gonna be some simulation within a simulation fuckery. Machines kept Neo's body and were probably curious how this human was able to do what he did (broker peace, defeat smith and just give himself to them). I think new morpheous is a machine but I don't think it'll be as clean/clear that he works for them. If its far enough in the future I could see them having some machines actually split and develop their own consciousness/individuality because of what neo did. So we'd get that sort of radical humanism and individuality shit that Cloud Atlas was touching on but Sense8 really leaned into but now we get it from "machines."

Not back just saying love you guys, bless up. Matrix forever.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

been hot for Carrie-Ann Moss for 20 years  :'( everyone in this new trailer looks so gorgeous though christ. Sad no Laurence Fishburne and I'm still pulling for a cameo or something but Yahya looks good. Handsome man.
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #376 on: September 11, 2021, 10:12:39 AM »
toku resurrections :heart
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 10:54:49 AM by team filler »

Tasty

« Reply #377 on: September 11, 2021, 11:05:44 AM »
toku!!!! :heartbeat

Tasty

« Reply #378 on: September 11, 2021, 11:06:36 AM »

Rocco picked up on the exact same theories I am! :o (Machines resurrecting Neo, nu-Zion crew maybe working for Machines.) And he's just as hyped to see the shot of Revolutions-Neo as me. :D

He also points out it's Trinity in the pod, not a new Neo. Oops. :P

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #379 on: September 11, 2021, 11:53:16 AM »

looking again is it just me or do a couple of those doubles not look like Trinity? Maybe someone is riding her image like an avatar? Nu-Zion trying to full Neo into re-awakening or something using his emotional connection to her? What if there is no new zion and this is all just a splinter faction of machines trying to get things going again

peace
bless up

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #380 on: September 11, 2021, 12:37:02 PM »
Yes, it's not Carrie Ann Moss in a couple of those, but it's probably like Neo looking in the mirror and seeing some bald old guy, or Morpheus being some young guy.
Some fuckery going on.

Tasty

« Reply #381 on: September 11, 2021, 12:38:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah given the direction The Wachowskis have been in the last decade (Cloud Atlas, Sense8, JA) I think it's gonna be some simulation within a simulation fuckery.

I realized last night this could be a situation like Buffy the Vampire Slayer's "Normal Again," where Buffy is pierced with demon venom and wakes up in a mental hospital with her mom and dad still alive (and married), being told Sunnydale and being the Slayer was just a delusion.

At the end of the episode, Buffy chooses Sunnydale (so the series can continue), but in a scene that shouldn't exist, the last thing we fade out on is Buffy catatonic and locked away.

Maybe "Thomas Anderson" in "the real world"/The New Matrix is being told he's just another aging hipster with delusions of being this guy "The One" from that old movie "The Matrix." Take your pills and don't dwell on it, Tom buddy.

But in the film's reality he IS The One from The Matrix.

It could work. :thinking

Machines kept Neo's body and were probably curious how this human was able to do what he did (broker peace, defeat smith and just give himself to them). I think new morpheous is a machine but I don't think it'll be as clean/clear that he works for them.

All good points I agree with.

If its far enough in the future I could see them having some machines actually split and develop their own consciousness/individuality because of what neo did. So we'd get that sort of radical humanism and individuality shit that Cloud Atlas was touching on but Sense8 really leaned into but now we get it from "machines."

:o Never considered that! I guess it depends on how much they want to humanize the Machines, but on second thought, Wachowskis are all about humanization and empathy... Plus, they literally gave the Machines a baby human face in the last one lol.

Not back just saying love you guys, bless up. Matrix forever.

Bless Up Forever 8)

(Image removed from quote.)

looking again is it just me or do a couple of those doubles not look like Trinity? Maybe someone is riding her image like an avatar? Nu-Zion trying to full Neo into re-awakening or something using his emotional connection to her? What if there is no new zion and this is all just a splinter faction of machines trying to get things going again

peace
bless up

:thinking

I kinda see it but some of them do seem like her. The trailer is trying to make us think this is her "getting her memories" back, but any number of things could be transpiring.

Tasty

« Reply #382 on: September 11, 2021, 12:47:22 PM »
Yes, it's not Carrie Ann Moss in a couple of those, but it's probably like Neo looking in the mirror and seeing some bald old guy, or Morpheus being some young guy.
Some fuckery going on.

Wachowski fuckery :rejoice

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #383 on: September 11, 2021, 12:55:14 PM »
okay last one, someone on twitter mentioned that the old man neo in the mirror kinda looked like current age hugo weaving. So what if Neos consciousness is strapped over Smith's inside the matrix? Idk why they'd do that or maybe it's Agent Smith thinking he's Neo? Maybe he didn't get overwritten and destroyed completely at the end of Revolutions but actually became what he despised lol.

Okay bless up.

Tasty

« Reply #384 on: September 11, 2021, 01:00:50 PM »
I *kinda* see it but I think it's just as likely it's someone else.

We do know Hugo was asked back but couldn't make it, unlike Laurence who wasn't asked back. Maybe he was able to find time to get in front of a green screen for an hour or two?

One thing I thought of is that maybe Neo doesn't see himself as Neo while he's bluepilled (Keanu being there for the audience's sake), and that mirror is showing him that form is an illusion and he really DOES look like Neo from that movie The Matrix.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:11:15 PM by Tasty »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #385 on: September 11, 2021, 01:25:31 PM »
That's probably the likely scenario.

Tasty

« Reply #386 on: September 11, 2021, 01:50:52 PM »
Neo = Thesis
Smith = Antithesis
Resurrections Neo = Synthesis

Tasty

« Reply #387 on: September 11, 2021, 02:07:25 PM »
Thinking about it some more, the fourth wall wouldn't be broken, technically, if my theory is true.

Basically, the Machines are making up a new Matrix to trap Neo in. It looks like 2030s San Francisco. In this world, the movie "The Matrix" exists. The Machines created a fictional movie based on Neo’s actual exploits – it just happens to match up 100% with our world's film The Matrix.

Everything about the old films still happens. The blue world Desert of the Real is still, in-canon, the real reality. But it lets them put clips from the older movies in the new one.

We'll see...

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #388 on: September 11, 2021, 02:18:03 PM »
watching the spoiler vid and then reading speculation  :delicious

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #389 on: September 11, 2021, 04:23:44 PM »
after closely examining every frame of video I believe neo is what they call in the matrix universe as "the one"

even more interesting is that trinity may in fact be "the two"

"the three" I believe is being saved for a possible sequel

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #390 on: September 11, 2021, 04:34:34 PM »
after closely examining every frame of video I believe neo is what they call in the matrix universe as "the one"

riotousavatar.jpg
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #392 on: September 11, 2021, 04:39:01 PM »

Ah, the ol' One-Two, eh? :punch

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #393 on: September 11, 2021, 04:50:16 PM »
the two because she's wit da shitz

trinity should be the three really  :rollsafe

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #394 on: September 11, 2021, 11:55:44 PM »
did see a tweet or tik tok claiming they knew the plot and that ppl were gonna hate it because its exactly like Space Jam 2 and my first reaction was...that's exactly matrix tier shit? what do ppl expect but real world simulation shenanigans lol

Tasty

Watch Space Jam: A New Legacy, now streaming on HBO Max
« Reply #395 on: September 13, 2021, 10:24:32 AM »
did see a tweet or tik tok claiming they knew the plot and that ppl were gonna hate it because its exactly like Space Jam 2 and my first reaction was...that's exactly matrix tier shit? what do ppl expect but real world simulation shenanigans lol

Can't wait for the sublime Grammy and Gonzalez scene to grace this film, in the most epic promotional crossover ever. :delicious

#SharedUniverse #WarnerSerververse #influencer #paidpromotion

Tasty

« Reply #396 on: September 13, 2021, 10:29:09 AM »

"I've had dreams that aren't just dreams. Does that make me crazy?"

"You have the sight now, Neo. You are looking at the world without time."

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #397 on: September 13, 2021, 12:24:07 PM »

They replaced Morpheus with Lebron?
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #398 on: September 13, 2021, 01:02:14 PM »

Second Renaissance gets all the praise (as it should), but I really think my favorite short is Matriculated.

Beyond is a lot of fun too but a little short on story.

Never really cared for Kid's Story, maybe time to revisit it.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #399 on: September 13, 2021, 06:14:57 PM »
Program is my favorite because I love Kawajiri but if I were to do idk a tales from the matrix tv show or something I'd want majority of the stories to be like Beyond and A Detective Story tonally. Weird adventures and then tragic stories when civilians run into zion rebels and programs. Been so long since I've seen it but I just realized "Matriculated" is basically what I was saying when I imagine some kinda pro-zion faction of the machines is gonna be part of the plot in Resurrection.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #400 on: September 14, 2021, 08:46:52 AM »
I like the one where the girl goes in the fucked up glitched out house
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Tuckers Law

« Reply #403 on: September 14, 2021, 12:15:59 PM »
Damn that’s rough  :(

I don’t begrudge them going back to the well at all, even if it were a pure money and/or ends up being shit, not when it’s their own creation.  They can do as they please and the original will still be there for you.

Tasty

« Reply #404 on: September 14, 2021, 01:06:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/allowedtohit/status/1437620038677241859

Interesting when compared to Lilly's response, where she said she basically just wanted to move on and not dwell on the past.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #405 on: September 14, 2021, 01:44:30 PM »
It's a nice way of saying she didn't want to make a third-rate vestigial sequel just to capitalise on their most profitable IP.

Tasty

« Reply #406 on: September 14, 2021, 01:48:06 PM »
It's a nice way of saying she didn't want to make a third-rate vestigial sequel just to capitalise on their most profitable IP.

I think both answers and decisions are rooted in honest emotions.

WB was probably rubbing their grubby mitts together of course, but they've been trying and failing to reboot The Matrix since the late-00s if rumors are anything to go by. The fact they needed Lana to make it happen is enough for me to believe in the artistic integrity of The Matrix Resurrections.

I accept I could be wrong.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #407 on: September 14, 2021, 01:58:26 PM »
I guess the cynic in me thinks this will be a Crystal Skull or Force Awakens, and not a Fury Road or Tron Legacy. The Matrix was campy as hell and very of-it's-time, I think audiences have changed too much. They can't be plugged back into The Matrix, their minds will reject it.

Tasty

« Reply #408 on: September 14, 2021, 02:20:31 PM »
Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion. Simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #409 on: September 14, 2021, 02:32:46 PM »
I sincerely enjoy everything the Wachowskis have done so far. I know Lana has that queer show on showtime, that's not for me so that's excluded. Resurrections looks and sounds like Sense8/Cloud Atlas/Jupiter Ascending Wachowski shit so I'm fairly confident I will enjoy it. All the building flipping stuff Jessica Henwick was doing looks straight out of JA which idk if anyone here mentioned because I know im the only weirdo who loves that movie:

Also the guy who wrote the original Cloud Atlas novel has a writing credit on it so

Rahxephon91

« Reply #410 on: September 14, 2021, 03:52:44 PM »

and you like everything unquestionably?

Not really. I like the Matrix sequels, even well before the internet caught up to me.

This just doesn't look, sound, or feel like the Matrix. Using white rabbit? Yeah that's not the Matrix. Carrie Anne Moss going super sayin looks stupid. Yeah this looks more like Juipiters Ascendinngs weird out there style then the cold and off feel of the other movies.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #411 on: September 14, 2021, 04:09:36 PM »
maybe it doesn't feel like the matrix because it isn't supposed to  8)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #412 on: September 14, 2021, 04:13:10 PM »
maybe it doesn't feel like the matrix because it isn't supposed to  8)

:neo
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #413 on: September 14, 2021, 04:36:29 PM »

and you like everything unquestionably?

Eh, I doubt that's my reputation, especially as far as movies go. But maybe?

Maybe that accusation was uncharitable. I apologize.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #414 on: September 14, 2021, 06:34:22 PM »
I thought it looked like a return to form for the Matrix. Incredible teaser, the warmer grade being used where Neo's consciousness has been reinserted into the Matrix, my first thoughts were something like an AI or a collection of them are recreating his path to enlightenment and analysing it, Neo's pals want to reunite. The tide of war has been stemmed but a "free" humanity still hangs on the precipice....
◕‿◕

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #415 on: September 14, 2021, 09:16:40 PM »
I sincerely enjoy everything the Wachowskis have done so far. I know Lana has that queer show on showtime, that's not for me so that's excluded. Resurrections looks and sounds like Sense8/Cloud Atlas/Jupiter Ascending Wachowski shit so I'm fairly confident I will enjoy it. All the building flipping stuff Jessica Henwick was doing looks straight out of JA which idk if anyone here mentioned because I know im the only weirdo who loves that movie:

Also the guy who wrote the original Cloud Atlas novel has a writing credit on it so
JA was great. cloud atlas was eh, maybe I'll give a 4th try.

Tasty

« Reply #416 on: September 14, 2021, 09:20:10 PM »
I should watch JA. I can't imagine liking it better than Cloud Atlas.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #417 on: September 14, 2021, 09:59:00 PM »
It's goofy but fun and charming like Speed Racer (maybe a little less heart). It kinda feels like the most straight forward Wachowski joint if you'll believe that. It's just a classic falling in love outside your class story with some anti-capitalism stuff on top. Ppl love to dog Eddie Redmayne's performance but I don't think it's bad acting...its intentional. He's essentially an immortal goth space vampire, what do the kids say? "He got the assignment." 

Tuckers Law

« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2021, 01:30:54 AM »
I love Cloud Atlas, still haven’t seen JA though, it was just one of those that fell by the wayside.   I’ll have to change that sometime.

Tasty

« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2021, 01:43:03 AM »