Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 888399 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Hey guests make an account, it's creepy just seeing you there watching

43 guests?

Looks like one of the droves that fled resetera has found our friendly shore

Welcome friends. Please note that this is a titty positive community and we ask that you respect that as you make your new home here
:O

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Registration is closed atm to prevent acephobia from spreading here

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

43 guests?

Looks like one of the droves that fled resetera.

Welcome friends. Please note that this is a titty positive community and we ask that you respect that as you make your new home here

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

BrokenEchelon

BTW GUYS THERE'S A STICKIED THREAD YOU'RE IGNORING, M'KAY?

Boredfrom

THERE IS A WAY TO STOP IT IF YOU HAVE THE GUTS CERIUM

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Actually, Demi shut it down because we were getting pounded by spambots. Sorry, Resetera refugees.
©@©™

shosta

Actually, Demi shut it down because we were getting pounded by spambots. Sorry, Resetera refugees.
http://thebore.org registration is still open
每天生气

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
 :reeeee
Fish<

Crumb

• *cough*
Fuck this I'm tired, will the mods retire or go scorched earth on ERA
Find out on the next DBZ!

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Cerium should say Nepenthe was the other mod using this opportunity to get rid of her, and then also say he can't be sure WHAT Slayven meant from the contesxt but he's offing him too to be safe

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
For our guests, my warmest welcome

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
:O

benjipwns

Averon

What happened that kicked off this latest round of Reeeing from ResetERA?

Bore Expert

Evilore is watching this happen with the calm and resolve of a thousand hopeful clicks

:money

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

http://thebore.org registration is still open

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
what a fucking speedrun.

benjipwns

Boredfrom

Hobbes enters the scene with..353 words 2,088 characters
Hello,

Someone messaged me to bring this to my attention. As I understand the situation, a leading community figure in the trans era community was banned for mentioning that chats exist regarding a moderator who expressed discrimination of Asexuals in a private staff-run Discord server/channel.

Most importantly, the allegation alleges that this discrimination was not challenged and even agreed with by other(s). Below are a list of questions I request Administration to answer as best as possible to allow a cleaner discussion regarding the issue.

Are the allegations made by the banned user true?
If the allegations are true, what is being done to correct / educate this moderator's behavior and view?
What specific site rules exist that allow such a ban to occur, given that the incident (the breach of privacy on a Staff discord) occurred off-site, and was simply mentioned in passing in a post?
Why was the ban permanent rather than shorter?
Does this breach of privacy warrant such a strong punishment?
How was the investigation conducted?
What information was provided that proved misconduct and malicious intent on part of the banned user?

I believe moderation has quite a lot of blanks to fill regarding this incident. After all, I'm an incident manager, this is my job, and I feel like the reasoning provided is not good enough. If I were to write an Incident Report based on the information available to me from both staff and non-staff, it would be sent back to me, with the reason that the Root Cause Analysis is not good enough and does not warrant the punishment given.

With the way that it is currently framed, you have someone who is essentially a whistleblower that became banned BECAUSE they brought forth issues with moderation and discrimination against Asexuals. I want to believe that Era is not this forum of dog shit. I want to believe that all of these Twitter messages I get are wrong, and this place is a safe space for progressive thinking and inclusiveness. Currently, I'm not so sure.

Moderation needs to correct the current view point with something substantial.
And manages to say absolutely nothing.  :lol :lol :lol

ShutUp

OMG they thought the mods were getting paid?  :neogaf :heh :sabu :heyman :woody

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Boredfrom

What happened that kicked off this latest round of Reeeing from ResetERA?

Ketkat was Permabanned.

FUME5

Fuck I really hope I don't have to start actually posting here, I mean you got the squid fucker and the banbot guy.

You cool tho Momo.

shosta

Thank god we have a Verafied Incident Manager here.
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

acephobic

hahaha

benita

How the fuck are they unironically using words like "oppression" and "reform" and "safety" when talking about someone being allowed to post anonymously on a fuckin vidja forum?

:nerds

shosta

its really good to see you in the thread, hobbes
每天生气

benjipwns

lol somebody pointed out Brock Reihar was banned too
what the FUCK

I was wondering for days what had happened to Brock.

nobody cares about ScribbleD :(

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
OMG they thought the mods were getting paid?  :neogaf :heh :sabu :heyman :woody

benjipwns

I would love to write an official incident report on this. Would make this entire situation a lot cleaner if what actually happened was documented and written up. Then people can read it and see what actually is happening.

Of course, I know I have a history on Era with some pretty bad EGS takes and the occasional fuck up of posting banned content, but I would people know that they can trust me to back them up when human rights are being fucking questioned.

That shit don't fly with me.

shosta

And thanks for the support, Hobbes. It's good to see you here.
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Fuck I really hope I don't have to start actually posting here, I mean you got the squid fucker and the banbot guy.

You cool tho Momo.
We have a squid fucker?  :ohhh

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Let's be real here:

KetKat was one of the most insufferable posters on the entire site. She seriously was, she had no friends and she was extremely toxic to everyone, LGBT folk included.

What spurred this? ResetERA was founded before EviLore's implosion by PoliGAF and Cerium with help of Nibel and folk, is something similar happening?

I absolutely refuse to believe people care about KetKat

What’s this story? I don’t think I ever heard about it being founded/conceived of before the implosion.
serge

benjipwns

Hell, the site that I've mentioned above that melted down charged less than half the cost of Era Clear for it's ad-clearing subscription. There's really no reason for Era Clear to be as incredibly expensive as it is for what's being offered unless someone's padding their pockets with it.
oh, i'm sure you don't have to worry about that much

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
Thank god a vERAfied incident manager is here to get this insane situation under control

ShutUp

Mods actually should unban Ket.

Then ban everyone who shit talked moderation  :heyman

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

You cool tho Momo.
We have a squid fucker?  :ohhh
oh wait, this is James :dead

Boredfrom

Let's be real here:

KetKat was one of the most insufferable posters on the entire site. She seriously was, she had no friends and she was extremely toxic to everyone, LGBT folk included.

What spurred this? ResetERA was founded before EviLore's implosion by PoliGAF and Cerium with help of Nibel and folk, is something similar happening?

Maybe is a SweetNicole inside job?

benjipwns

I just want this to be resolved the right way so I can go back to thinking ERA is a safe place for queer folks because I don't want this to be just A Place Where I Talk About Video Games. If Trans individuals find comfort and solidarity in this forum because it was designed from day one to be a space for solidarity, then by god let's fucking get on that and do everything in our power not to undermine it to the best of our abilities.
you can NEVER go back to thinking that, NOT NOW, NOT EVER

shosta

BENJI, STOP POSTING ON NEGOAF.COM!!
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
keep stokin' that fire

Cauliflower Of Love

Let's be real here:

What’s this story? I don’t think I ever heard about it being founded/conceived of before the implosion.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-is-the-ownership-structure.707/

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra

You cool tho Momo.

FACT CHECK, he only fucks teen squids

ShutUp

A spin-off video game forum being A Place To Talk About Video Games. Imagine that.

ResetBanBot

The cheeseburgers on ResetEra should contact Ana Valens (fellow cheeseburger) to write a article on The Daily Dot about their struggle against the oppressive ResetEra mods.

I give 50% odds she does it if given a good narrative.

shosta

If anyone needs a place to vent or needs to contact me for whatever reason, feel free to DM me. If you are unable to, please feel free to hit me up on discord - Hobbesenero#0296

what is this :doge
每天生气

benjipwns

BENJI, STOP POSTING ON NEGOAF.COM!!
did you see that somebody copied my tag over lol i hate it

shosta

That wasn't you? :lol

Wait, they read this thread? :doge
每天生气

zepblackstar

The cheeseburgers on ResetEra should contact Ana Valens (fellow cheeseburger) to write a article on The Daily Dot about their struggle against the oppressive ResetEra mods.

too busy with the side job.. no you don't want to know

Cauliflower Of Love

supossedly perma bans are done with input from other mods too. whoever agreed to yukiko's ban needs to be held responsible and be banned for abuse of power.

I can't tell if these posts are satire or not.

that's some good shit eitherway.

ShutUp

If anyone needs a place to vent or needs to contact me for whatever reason, feel free to DM me. If you are unable to, please feel free to hit me up on discord - Hobbesenero#0296

what is this :doge

Awful lot of free time for someone who, going by the tweet posted in the previous thread, is fucking a cute girl.  :thinking

Boredfrom

Why Cerium can just throw everyone under the bus? Most sane people still at Era knows that the woke community there is toxic as hell and if he just opened the flood gates at least he could savage certain part of the user base. The forum was never going to become like GAF at the peak of its popularity.

shosta

I bet cerium is literally having a panic attack right now
每天生气

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
benji you are seriously a trashy person, aren’t you? You’re like the people in my home town that would eat roadkill.
serge

Averon

Why don't these people just leave and make their own board or Discord? Endlessly bitching and moan the staff that trying as politely as possible (lest they are accused of being a transphobe) to tell you to fuck off seems like a waste of energy  :lol
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 01:25:52 AM by Averon »