Author Topic: Xbox Series S and X  (Read 81890 times)

Chooky

Re: Xbox Series X - the next generation of terrible names
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2019, 09:29:49 PM »
4k is still for freak nerds only; don't delude yourselves

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2019, 09:34:16 PM »
I think we’ve made enough strides in resolution for now. I’d like to see other aspects of graphical fidelity go up before we move on from 4K.

8K for movies could be worth it though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2019, 09:58:49 PM »
4k is still for freak nerds only; don't delude yourselves

Who gives a shit about content?  4K TVs are already cheap as hell.  A lot of video out there still isn't even 1080P yet, but it doesn't matter.  The tech is being developed and costs keep going down.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 10:13:11 PM by pork »
ど助平

Chooky

« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2019, 10:06:01 PM »
I think we’ve made enough strides in resolution for now. I’d like to see other aspects of graphical fidelity go up before we move on from 4K.

hell yeah super excited to see the advances in physics for next gen. botw was like a nice teaser of how nice a game can look with the wind blowing through the grass and whipping the rain around.

Tasty

« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2019, 10:12:16 PM »

8K for movies could be worth it though.

Movies are recorded in 8K generally these days, that's literally where resolution is going to bottom out. The return on investment beyond that is so small. Progress will be made but I could see 8K lasting 30 years...

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2019, 03:30:50 AM »
obvs the sets and sources capable (eg this Series X) of pushing 8k will be readily available. i meant content will be a flop, and can't see it taking off outside of the odd nature doco, big budget movies, and some aaa games with bad framerates and hampered effects. at least for the foreseeable future the benefits with the vast majority of media will come from upscaling which, eh, ymmv.

◕‿◕

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2019, 10:57:33 AM »
It is pretty weird how 4k hardware has far outpaced 4k content. Other than video games, cable/satellite TV  providers have very meager 4k content if at all.
©ZH

kingv

« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2019, 11:03:36 AM »
I think most people are dumb and just think their 4K sets are showing 4K whatever just because the TV is 4K. even though they are just getting SD.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2019, 12:26:04 PM »
Well I didn’t say digital wasn’t overtaking or anything. My point was that physical hasn’t actually gone anywhere. If anything it seems more games have gotten a physical release then they would have last gen. I don’t buy digital and haven’t missed out on anything.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2019, 01:34:03 PM »
Well I didn’t say digital wasn’t overtaking or anything. My point was that physical hasn’t actually gone anywhere. If anything it seems more games have gotten a physical release then they would have last gen. I don’t buy digital and haven’t missed out on anything.

A lot of those smaller or indie/niche games wouldn't have been released at all on consoles if releasing digitally wasn't an option. Last gen, digital just started to take off for consoles around the tail end of the generation.
OH!

Tasty

« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2019, 01:52:19 PM »
The danger is that physical game sales become <30% of the market and it enters a "death spiral" of dwindling support.

Physical games will only exist as long as the consoles themselves support them, and both MS and Sony have experimented with digital-only systems in the past.

This is different from other mediums; you can buy a CD player from anyone and it'll play all* CDs, so there's incentives to continue producing CDs (even if they make less money.) People are still publishing on vinyl! With an Xbox One game, that isn't possible.**

spoiler (click to show/hide)
*OK yeah there's format fuckery, but you know what I mean.
[close]

** But I suppose it is possible for older systems; China is pumping out so many fake Pokemon Blue cartridges these days it could make your head spin.

So once again the only problem at the end of the day is DRM.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 01:56:27 PM by Tasty Meat »

EightBitNate

« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2019, 02:57:06 PM »
It is pretty weird how 4k hardware has far outpaced 4k content. Other than video games, cable/satellite TV  providers have very meager 4k content if at all.

Even most “HD” cable offerings are still just 720p/1080i so it’s really no wonder.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2019, 04:00:29 PM »

Even most “HD” cable offerings are still just 720p/1080i so it’s really no wonder.

To get Directv 4k service, a tech has to come to the house and put a new nose on the sat. dish and you need a special box on the 4k TV. Then they tell you that you need a reliable 22MB/sec internet bandwidth. That makes you wonder if the channel is even over the air. You get 1 full time channel for content and 2 for special events and it can be weeks in between events. At least it's free because it isn't worth paying any extra for.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2019, 05:20:30 PM »
From business insider
"The name we're carrying forward to the next generation is simply Xbox," a Microsoft representative told Business Insider, "And at The Game Awards you saw that name come to life through the Xbox Series X."

Like the first Xbox generation, the next one is simply named "Xbox."

It's a basic rebranding, but a meaningful one that could help to simplify the Xbox line for interested consumers. It also clarifies Microsoft's intention with its console line.

"Similar to what fans have seen with previous generations, the name 'Xbox Series X' allows room for additional consoles in the future," the Microsoft rep told us.
:dizzy
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2019, 05:24:06 PM »
From business insider
"The name we're carrying forward to the next generation is simply Xbox," a Microsoft representative told Business Insider, "And at The Game Awards you saw that name come to life through the Xbox Series X."

It's a basic rebranding, but a meaningful one that could help to simplify the Xbox line for interested consumers. It also clarifies Microsoft's intention with its console line.

"Similar to what fans have seen with previous generations, the name 'Xbox Series X' allows room for additional consoles in the future," the Microsoft rep told us.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2019, 05:43:31 PM »
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2019, 07:00:39 PM »
Why would anyone think this multiple models and name idea is good. It has never worked.

Sony really lucked out with the simple number naming scheme.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2019, 07:26:35 PM »
Naw man it worked great for the Wii U!
Hi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2019, 07:43:40 PM »
:hmm

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2019, 09:30:05 PM »
Why would anyone think this multiple models and name idea is good. It has never worked.

Sony really lucked out with the simple number naming scheme.
They're looking at the iPad

They should've called it xbox 6  :doge

Svejk

« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2019, 09:54:51 PM »
Didn't they name the OG one because it made by people from Generation X?  They should call the next one BoomBox, lolamiright?
I don't keep up with generation names so I dunno.  :doge making shit up here.
[close]

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2019, 10:09:28 PM »
I think it was mainly called the Xbox cause it utilized DirectX.
Hi

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2019, 10:11:16 PM »
what i really want to know is, will the X rotate like the PS2 logo?
◕‿◕

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2019, 11:40:24 PM »
Movies are recorded in 8K generally these days, that's literally where resolution is going to bottom out. The return on investment beyond that is so small. Progress will be made but I could see 8K lasting 30 years...
Storage plus speeds.

DVD was a pretty good perfect storm of things coming together that gave it and its associated technologies such a long run. Everything since then has hit and been surpassed or the market has changed right as when it should have hit that point to take off. Streaming becoming mainstream really did a number on this I think even if probably long term is helping to slowly bump up the resolutions. I think Tasty's right in that one of these is going to stick around for costs reasons and it'll just default into being a standard.

To get Directv 4k service, a tech has to come to the house and put a new nose on the sat. dish and you need a special box on the 4k TV. Then they tell you that you need a reliable 22MB/sec internet bandwidth. That makes you wonder if the channel is even over the air. You get 1 full time channel for content and 2 for special events and it can be weeks in between events. At least it's free because it isn't worth paying any extra for.
The HDTV standard that was accepted in the U.S. (and followed by many other countries) doesn't support 1080p. Only 720p and 1080i, as a result the broadcasters don't broadcast over that. The cable networks unless otherwise specified run off the same base hardware because they know the TVs can at least receive that.

There is a higher level standard that changes codecs but it's not required, something like five stations in the U.S. use it and on an alternate feed of their main channel. A bunch of German stations switched to it but I believe that was the only country that did. It also only allows for certain frame rates.

There is at this point a bandwidth limitation on the signal. The codecs used simply cannot handle it on both ends. That's why all the 4K stuff uses satellites and special decoding hardware. IIRC, for over the air TV you can't even switch to a codec like HEVC because all the digital stuff people bought only does MPEG, a lot of them are still MPEG2 even. (IIRC that "updated codec standard" calls for MPEG4, which lots of TVs now support natively due to streaming, downloaded videos, etc.) HEVC, for example, could solve the bandwidth problem but then you need to decode it in your TV fast. And when nobody is broadcasting in it anyway...

I think internet bandwidth's continuing jumps (even if not as we all wish) will simply just phase it out, and since they're all the same companies anyway they'll give you "free local TV" with internet and the FCC will be fine with that. They'll just let the over-the-air standard stay where it is and the networks will just run 720p downcodes.

I don't know if anybody here fucks with OTA digital TV but I've never seen it not be shit quality that drops out constantly unless you have a big ol antenna on the house. It's sometimes worth it though to see a 720p Always Sunny episode letterboxed improperly inside a 480p frame as the video pauses and cuts out every two minutes.

kingv

« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2019, 07:52:58 AM »
My experience with OTA Digital TV is that it typically looks better than what comes out of the cable box.

Way less compression. But it really depends how close to towers you live.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:30:51 AM by kingv »

Brehvolution

« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2019, 09:58:27 AM »
Xbx
©ZH

kingv

« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2019, 11:31:49 AM »
Agreed, also, the reason Wii U is confusing is partly because Nintendo’s commercials are/were shitty and weird.

BisMarckie

« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2019, 11:34:19 AM »
You know what was also shitty and weird?
The Wii U :rodney

BisMarckie

« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2019, 11:35:30 AM »
Some people are acting like the Wii U would have sold like hotcakes if it had a different name and completely forget that it was a shitty device nobody wanted.

mormapope

« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2019, 11:41:54 AM »
Most criticism of how confusing the name is, is fanboy concern trolling/hysteria. As if children asking for Christmas presents are the main demographic for the most expensive console in stores.

The first game revealed for Sexbox is a sequel to a game about crippling mental and psychological illness. It wasn't Fortnite.  :lol

Most gamers continue to prove how fucking stupid they are.
OH!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2019, 11:46:04 AM »
Some people are acting like the Wii U would have sold like hotcakes if it had a different name and completely forget that it was a shitty device nobody wanted.

It would have sold like crazy if they just marketed it right:

:wiiu :wiiu :wiiu
[close]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:51:21 AM by pork »
ど助平

mormapope

« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2019, 11:59:04 AM »
The Wii-U was pretty close to the Switch in design and execution. Nintendo at that time though still had the 3DS for a dedicated handheld and was fairly new. Along with Nintendo chasing after tablet popularity as tablets were still pretty new and fresh at the time.

Replace the Wii console with a dock, and beef up the Wii-U tablet a bit so you could just use the tablet, it would be very similar to the Switch.
OH!

Tasty

« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »
Wii U was a Switch beta.

But hardware beta tests are more painful/costly than software ones. :lol

Tasty

« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2019, 12:11:13 PM »
From business insider

Xbox (2001)
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox (2020)

MS was always big on the Hollywoodification of gaming, so not much surprise they're adopting the same shitty naming scheme as a film franchise that's had one too many reboots.

mormapope

« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2019, 12:47:22 PM »
From business insider

Xbox (2001)
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox (2020)

MS was always big on the Hollywoodification of gaming, so not much surprise they're adopting the same shitty naming scheme as a film franchise that's had one too many reboots.

Eh, that's Sony you're talking about. The Last of Us, Uncharted, and God of War, all incredibly cinematic games. ResetEra boys pride themselves on being fans of cinematic single player games, that's Sony's schtick.

Sony has also produced some of the worst movies in the past decade,so there's that too
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2019, 01:22:59 PM »
I read that the latest Surface is called the Surface Pro X. They just like the X.

Nintendo was always focused on kids and family friendly entertainment, SEGA targeted sexually confused teenagers and Playstation 'grown ups'...

Microsoft were just edgy bois, which is why their recent 'diversity/inclusiveness' push is fucking hilarious if you remember them promoting imaginary velocity girls with Perfect Dark Zero music videos.
The sweaty edgelord fat nerd identity is ingrained so deep into the DNA of Microsoft that no matter how many blue haired fluid gender project managers they roll out or how many times they rebrand Microsoft Xbox Game Studios,
it'll never not be fake if they name all their products after a graphics API or Sonic XTreme
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 01:51:14 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2019, 01:44:02 PM »
Yeah and Windows 10X is the name of the dual-screen version of the OS.

Whoever's in charge of naming things at MS should be fired.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2019, 01:50:44 PM »
DirectX-Box Series X
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2019, 02:07:47 PM »
Wii U was a shit name and goofy console but it gave us Mario Maker 1 and BOTW, the two best Nintendy games of the 2010s. So Xbox Series X only has to give us two games as good as that to make up for the name.

Svejk

« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2019, 02:27:00 PM »
Now if they starting going OG xbox and doing follow ups for Otogi, JSRF and GunValkyrie?  Shooooooo

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2019, 02:32:17 PM »
From business insider

Xbox (2001)
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox (2020)

Eh, that's Sony you're talking about. The Last of Us, Uncharted, and God of War, all incredibly cinematic games. ResetEra boys pride themselves on being fans of cinematic single player games, that's Sony's schtick.

Sony has also produced some of the worst movies in the past decade,so there's that too

I think you completely missed the point.

mormapope

« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2019, 03:54:53 PM »
From business insider

Xbox (2001)
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox (2020)

I think you completely missed the point.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.
OH!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »
it seems more like they are using the ipad name model. or cars is another one, there's like 5 different trim levels on many car models now and there will be probably 3-5 different xboxes over this next gen.

hell just for my jetta there's 4 different trims: S, SE, SEL and GLI and those mean just as little as a name as an Xbox S or X or E :lol
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 06:59:37 PM by nachobro »

Tasty

« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2019, 07:08:33 PM »
Tasty was comparing the naming convention to modern movie sequels where they eventually re-release a movie named the same as the original.

Rambo, Halloween, Final Destination, etc.

But I'm confused what else they've done to "Hollywoodify" gaming. 

Ehhh that was just my impression of MS in the Xbox-Xbox 360 era, especially centered at the 360's launch. Sony at that point wasn't really on the Hollywoodification trend and wouldn't be (I don't think) until Uncharted 1/2.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2019, 07:21:33 PM »
Microsoft wasn't centered on anything.
The Xbox never got beyond: "HALO is cool no?"

Then they went ahead and decided that apart from a Quake/Half Life 'killer' they needed to take on Gran Turismo(Forza), Need for Speed(PGR) and a bunch of other games.
The only reason Lost Odyssey existed was because they didn't have Final Fantasy. And Blue Dragon was simply an answer to Dragon Quest as Fable was to Zelda.

Once the Wii took off they abandoned all that and told Rare to clone it, failing horribly in the process.
I'm pretty excited to see what Spencer will do with all those studios and if they finally have a software strategy.
🤴

mormapope

« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2019, 07:46:30 PM »
Xbox was a hardcore tryhard gaming enthusiast brand, and like Wrath said, Xbox was originally bringing PC gaming to the console space. The first half of the 360's life was like this too. Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears of War, all very Western as fuck PC styled games that came out in 2006 (Gears of War is basically dudebro RE4 with great multiplayer).

Then the Kinect era happened. And then the Xbox One reveal and vision happened. Kinect was about chasing Wii money. Xbox One was originally about being a....TV cable box? Quite possibly the worst vision possible. I'd argue the original Xbox One reveal and vision was worse than Wii-U.

Sony has been propping up cinematic game stuff for a long time now. MGS4 after all was considered the killer app by critics at the time, the reason you should get a PS3. A game with hour long cutscenes. Incessantly.

The PS3 in general was pitched as a multimedia switchblade master box. A complete and utter fucking mess of a console initially.
OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2019, 08:57:27 PM »
I mean I guess you can criticize "cinematic single player games" as Sony's one trick pony move, but like what has MS had to offer this gen on the exclusive front?

Lackluster Halo and Gear's games from assembly line studios that don't know how to capture what people liked about the original games. So they just make tired sequels that struggle for relevancy?

False starts of franchises that never happen in Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive?

A Forza machine?

Mediocre games like State of Decay and whatever.

Xbox as a gaming system really lacks an identity and something exciting. Sure you can not care about God of War and Uncharted, but those are really top of the line experiences in thier space. I really doubt Hellblade 2 from a studio that has struggled to do anything is going to match what Sony and it's studios have been years mastering.

And in the end that's really my problem with the platform. Yeah I know they bought all those studios(though plenty of them don't inspire confidence), but even with the One X MS really did not prove themselves on this front. Power, services, sure I guess. But power and games weren't excactly lacking on the Playstation either.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2019, 09:23:55 PM »
xbox is basically just the services box. pay them monthly and you can just get games delivered to you. or just pay for the console and games monthly now. plus it does all the video streaming and you can control it with your voice with kinect (or alexa or google home).

x1 didn't work as well as a standalone box but game pass made it more appealing. having all the stuff in game pass carry forward day one will start the next one off on a bit of a better foot imo. even if ms ends up putting xgs games on other platforms next gen (which i expect) they will be "free" on game pass so that's a bit of an incentive to get their box.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 09:27:59 PM by nachobro »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2019, 12:11:53 AM »
I remember the Wii U confusion all being at the start, and again limited to the online gaming sphere, as they were trying to put together facts and rumors. People really wanted it to be a Switch for the original Wii too. Then everybody saw the new box and Nintendo confirmed it was definitely a new console.

Wii sales had already dropped off for some time, except in software, so the Wii U not igniting shouldn't have been surprising. I'm sure there were people who thought it was totally an add-on like Wii Fit and so on but I doubt it was very many people to where it did anything. Every single console has to deal with uninformed consumers who barely know anything about it. The only real times it impacts are like with the original 360 launch because developers couldn't know if there was a HD included or not.

Microsoft has tried every single time to rebrand Xbox as the BRAND and gloss over the actual machine that's out. Microsoft regularly has all kinds of crazy overthought naming conventions for their big projects when they have years to work on them, remember Vista? XP? ME? ZUNE? They also desperately want to avoid being one number lower than PlayStation even though just sticking a number on the end has shown to have its own problems. But they should totally just be like fuck it, we're counting the S and X, this is the XBOX SIX.

And then call the Lockhart model the Xbox 5. :teehee
[close]

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2019, 05:22:25 PM »
I liked the early era before the Kinect-ization of the 360, when the PS3 had a failure to launch and when MS was throwing money at Japanese devs for timed exclusives... we got some good games out of it (Lost Odyssey, the first Dead Rising, Vesperia, Virtua Fighter 5, and a heap of amazing shmups), even though in the long run it probably set back the devs who took MS money a few years. Doubt that'll ever happen again (if anything Japanese PS4/Switch/PC multiplats won't skip Xbox this time around), but I'd still kill for a new Lost Odyssey.
^_^

mormapope

« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2019, 05:51:43 PM »
MS brought hard drives and coherent online systems to consoles, and basically helped popularize the console FPS (obviously GoldenEye gets tons of credit, but the space was rather stagnant after that and attempts to bring PC FPS to consoles all sucked).    I think their presence in general is responsible for a lot of advancements in the space that might not have happened.

They just really fucked up focusing on Kinect, barely focusing on building game studios and being rather tone def about the DRM stuff.

However that DRM stuff sounded awesome to me;  I hate how physical purchases give you basically half the software license a digital purchase does for instance.  Being able to buy disks and still do stuff like family sharing and the "primary console" trick to do 2 players at once would have been great.

I don't really give a shit about whether they were "dude bro" or "try hard" or whatever weird insults people throw at the brand;  the tech and games were great for a long time and I couldn't care less about the marketing.  People thinking Sony gave a shit about them because of their marketing around the PS4 was fucking hilarious though.  Sony the king of all DRM across all digital products lol

Even though I used those words, I'm probably one of five members on The Bire that views Xbox as a whole quite favorably and has been my main console of choice since 2004.  :doge

Almost 148,000 gamerscore over the course of 13 years, and 10,000 hours on Xbone alone, not counting 360 playtime.
OH!

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2019, 06:08:53 PM »
I think most of us view XB good as a whole, but there was a really bad stretch there.

Overall XB has been pretty good, I was a late adopter as didn't see anything that justified the first console until the Sega announcements (I picked one up for JSRF launch). Once they moved on from the duke it was best platform by far for multiplats and it had some good exclusives. From 360 launch until the kinect lean they honestly dominated, but completely lost the plot around kinect. There was jack shit for exclusives, and the X1 launch was a dumpster fire. I grabbed one for the Horizons, but it was inferior to PS4 IMO. From the X on they've been great.

EightBitNate

« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2019, 11:41:35 AM »
If Microsoft can get back to their early 360 glory in terms of exclusives then they’ll give Sony a run for their money imo. The hardware and services are already there.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2019, 02:26:59 PM »
Microsoft needs some fire up their ass with the software game.
Hellblade is a step in the right direction I guess.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2019, 04:10:40 PM »
The rumors brewing on  :reeeee is that MS was supposedly shopping for studios in Poland.  If they managed to snag CDPR, ... That'd be playing with my emotions, smokey.

Tasty

« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2019, 04:45:27 PM »
The rumors brewing on  :reeeee is that MS was supposedly shopping for studios in Poland.  If they managed to snag CDPR, ... That'd be playing with my emotions, smokey.

Lulz RE would go fully Sony at that point.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2019, 04:55:21 PM »
Who do you think paid Grimes to emerge out of a BOX at the VGA's?
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2019, 05:30:26 PM »
Who do you think paid Grimes to emerge out of a BOX at the VGA's?

I just figured dating Elon Musk would make anyone turn to box
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2019, 08:57:25 PM »
If Microsoft can get back to their early 360 glory in terms of exclusives then they’ll give Sony a run for their money imo. The hardware and services are already there.

Microsoft hasn't had a Goty first party game since Gears of War and that was in 2006 so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ill prob end up buying this anyway but not for MS' lineup.

EightBitNate

« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2019, 12:36:11 AM »
I’m pretty involved with the Xbox community on RE, and the amount of straight up unapologetic Xbox corporate shills is insane. There’s quite a few tweets I’d post here but it’d be awkward in the Discord groups I’m in.

They do shit like create fake marketing materials and pull predictions out of their ass, all on their own time. PlayStation side is the exact same way. I thought that level of extreme fanboyism died off in the early 10s, but nope.  Grown ass men who have nothing better to do but go to bat for these mega corporations.