Author Topic: Xbox Series S and X  (Read 83853 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Xbox Series X
« Reply #360 on: July 23, 2020, 01:46:28 PM »
What

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #361 on: July 23, 2020, 01:53:09 PM »
no lost odyssey 2 :stahp

my sources let me down :tocry
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #362 on: July 23, 2020, 02:01:19 PM »
Just imagine them going on an actual E3 Stage Show with this fucking sheit.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
What

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #363 on: July 23, 2020, 02:03:58 PM »
I have faith Darktide will be good.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: July 23, 2020, 02:04:34 PM »
What

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #365 on: July 23, 2020, 02:05:55 PM »
I'd genuinely pay the launch price of the new Xbox to take a dirty Covid shit into MMaRsu's mouth.
OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #366 on: July 23, 2020, 02:06:26 PM »
Halo had this weird “clay shading” look.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #367 on: July 23, 2020, 02:08:26 PM »
Even when MS had a really good e3, like 2018, all their biggest announcements were 3rd party. 

They should have combined this with the May show, cut A LOT of the fat and had much more gameplay.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #368 on: July 23, 2020, 02:10:12 PM »
I'd genuinely pay the launch price of the new Xbox to take a dirty Covid shit into MMaRsu's mouth.

What did I do now? I didn't make a shitty looking Halo game sorry bud

What

Yulwei

« Reply #369 on: July 23, 2020, 02:11:57 PM »
The hell was this? I mean maybe the PS5 video didn't feel like a huge leap, but at least I got out with like 5 or 6 games to look forward to. This de-hyped me for surefire hits like Gamepass, because what would I even play on there.

U looking forward to Sony’s 1440p 24fps movie games? Can’t relate. I’ll be on Xbox playing at 4k60fps  :snob

paprikastaude

« Reply #370 on: July 23, 2020, 02:15:39 PM »
Even when MS had a really good e3, like 2018, all their biggest announcements were 3rd party. 

They should have combined this with the May show, cut A LOT of the fat and had much more gameplay.

Yeah, past couple of years it was good for 3rd parties, even if you don't care for MS offerings by their own.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #371 on: July 23, 2020, 02:16:06 PM »
I’ll take the movie games that have more gameplay then MS’s continuation of tired franchises, MS own attempts at “movie” games by b level Sony cast off developers, and “look at me I’m progressive by having crafting whimsy” games.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #372 on: July 23, 2020, 02:17:42 PM »

You're the loudest, most whiny cocksucker in multiple threads at this point. If you were a bigger bitch, your asshole could fit a PS5 with no lube.
OH!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #373 on: July 23, 2020, 02:18:13 PM »
tell me that halo shot isn't real PLEASE
pcp

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #374 on: July 23, 2020, 02:21:23 PM »

You're the loudest, most whiny cocksucker in multiple threads at this point. If you were a bigger bitch, your asshole could fit a PS5 with no lube.

Hey I'm excited about multiple games, you must seem to not come across those threads or something. When something is shit I'll call it out. Psychonauts 2 looked awesome to me, as I said earlier I'm pretty excited for that.

The Medium also looked like an interesting game.

Aside from that the presentation was mediocre, 6 or 7 at most. Criticism doesn't equal whing tho
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #375 on: July 23, 2020, 02:22:01 PM »
Halo is open world and on the Xbox One. Are they aiming for 60 FPS on that? I’m pretty sure massive concessions have to be made.

Boredfrom

« Reply #376 on: July 23, 2020, 02:25:11 PM »
I like the idea of a Halo open world (because I loved the semi open areas of Halo 1) but this kind of looks unimpressive.

Yulwei

« Reply #377 on: July 23, 2020, 02:27:25 PM »
I’ll take the movie games that have more gameplay then MS’s continuation of tired franchises, MS own attempts at “movie” games by b level Sony cast off developers, and “look at me I’m progressive by having crafting whimsy” games.

Idk about all that but you should just go watch movies instead. Halo multiplayer will be  :delicious

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #378 on: July 23, 2020, 02:28:24 PM »
Seemed like a great show to me.

As far as Halo's graphics, apparently it's been in development for five years and it's planned to be a 10 year game platform like Destiny 2 (so continuous updates). So I actually wouldn't be surprised if they haven't made new assets for XSX yet, we'll see with the future updates I guess.

A lotta CGI though, I think the only games that looked jaw dropping and realtime were Forza and Everwild. But overall, it actually had some games I'm interested in.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #379 on: July 23, 2020, 02:37:02 PM »
I hope Halo multi is a return of quality. It’s been shit since 3. But I doubt it will because they’ll want to focus on esports.

I’ve also never really understood the movie meme in regards to Sony games. Beyond chasing trends and being samey, it’s not like Sony games have less gameplay then any other modern game. Few are masterclass in game mechanics and design. But I’m not sure how GoW or Horizon are more movies then game. Certainly stuff like Bloodborne aren’t. Even things like Gravity Rush 2 aren’t heavy on cinematics.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #380 on: July 23, 2020, 02:43:30 PM »
HALO 3 multi shit boii u fucked up
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #381 on: July 23, 2020, 02:50:59 PM »
I didn’t like H3 multi as much as 2, if at all at release.

It seems good now compared to what came after.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #382 on: July 23, 2020, 02:59:54 PM »
I liked the last couple Halo multiplayers but my main multiplayer games have always been R6 and Battlefield, so maybe there's some depth I don't notice. It's the co-op that makes the series iconic for me though.

I'm just more shocked that the world looked so damn empty, like Halo:CE levels.

What the fuck have they been doing for 5 years?

And fucking fire Stinkles already.

There were some stories about the 343 being in development hell and whatnot, probably restarted the project a few times. To me, it makes sense that they were planning to be a late xbone release and then MS told them to make it a XSX launch game. So they locked everything to 4K/60 fps and are gonna plan to roll out visual updates to the XSX version. Hell, they even said that there's going to be an update post-launch that adds ray-tracing...

I think Halo Infinite on XSX is going to be the first HD remake of a last-gen game, basically. The good news is that 343 have legitimate technical wizards and the hardware is very capable. But I'm guessing we'll have to wait at least a year or two before we see a Halo game with graphics that cause a notable tumescence. They might have to sort out a ground-up rebuild of the engine and integrating that with all new assets.

It's console launches man.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #383 on: July 23, 2020, 03:30:09 PM »
I was as impressed with Halo Infinite as I was Gears 5 - both equally drab and boring and summarizes - "yep, that's a videogame"

I'll be playing DQXI and my older BC games instead

While waiting for 60fps Destiny
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #384 on: July 23, 2020, 03:38:28 PM »
Seems like DQXI looks works on the Xbox than it did on the switch.

You take the good with the bad. Good thing it's on GamePass
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #385 on: July 23, 2020, 03:40:33 PM »
I was as impressed with Halo Infinite as I was Gears 5 - both equally drab and boring and summarizes - "yep, that's a videogame"

I'll be playing DQXI and my older BC games instead

While waiting for 60fps Destiny

People who don't like shooters in a nutshell.

"OMG, how original... a shooter...

.. I'll be busy playing something original.. like the ELEVENTH game in this JRPG series, whose gameplay has barely changed since the late 90s."

edit:  OK i just read your Destiny comment.. lol.. I look dumb but gonna leave it anyways.

While you still look stupid, you really think there was anything interesting in what they showed? Master Chief has a grappling hook now, sick. Nobody's playing this for the campaign, they want that multiplayer
fat

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #386 on: July 23, 2020, 04:02:01 PM »
That 1st party investment Phil The Saviour Spencer has been talking about for the past 5+ years is finally paying off :rejoice

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
[close]

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #387 on: July 23, 2020, 04:05:07 PM »
GamePass + X is the hotness

Plus BC

Just need a price boys
PSO2 TWO got me thinking about jumping in earlier than I thought I would. :-*
Hi

Yulwei

« Reply #388 on: July 23, 2020, 04:10:25 PM »
GamePass + X is the hotness

Plus BC

Just need a price boys
PSO2 TWO got me thinking about jumping in earlier than I thought I would. :-*

I am so fucking excited for the new PSO 2. Definitely the surprise of the conference for me.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #389 on: July 23, 2020, 04:16:33 PM »
Yes I would enjoy watching 8 minutes of someone playing DQXI, just like I enjoyed 8 minutes of people playing Xenoblade nu-PSO2
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #390 on: July 23, 2020, 04:26:59 PM »
Don’t really agree with you. People loved and still remember that Halo 2 E3 Gameplay demo. Because it showed an exciting and well renderd alien invasion of earth. With great scale and cool set pecies. It looked great for the time. Had new gameplay mechanics that people couldn’t wait to see would effect multi. Hinted at a story that would be taking it up a notch from the first game. It was just an amazing looking demo.

Halo Infinite just looked like a meh open world game.

They didn’t really prove why the game needed to open world beyond that’s what’s popular. If you took away the map stuff and just said this was a new Hall, it would just look like every other Halo. What should have been showed off is what an open world brings to Halo.

Yulwei

« Reply #391 on: July 23, 2020, 04:53:10 PM »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #392 on: July 23, 2020, 05:07:29 PM »
Just look at this in fullscreen.

https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/InfiniteCoverArt/halo-infinite-2020_ascension_demo_campaign_10_4k-fafc3967fd0444c590a54835104fa01d.png

wtf is going on with that? I don’t give a shit about graphics but this just looks wrong.

Probably 2 dropships landed or something?

Or just 1.. I think 8 enemies can drop at once.

I think he means the lighting looks like a toasted butthole.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #393 on: July 23, 2020, 05:13:22 PM »
So uh, the work Remedy did on that CrossfireX trailer was pretty cool  :yeshrug
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #394 on: July 23, 2020, 05:21:30 PM »

tfw HALO is a platform now

This shit is in development hell for the past 5 years, everything is horribly outdated and we can't just start over. Honestly it looks worse than The Conduit  :existential

just call it a platform  :idont
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #395 on: July 23, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »
At the end of the day I don’t really care. While I think for MS big next gen title Halo looks underwhelming. I think it’s really the art direction that looks lame. Like I feel 343 had something good going on in 4 and 5. Those games had a more gritty sci-fi look to me.  I know Halo fans didn’t like it and they seem to have stepped back from it. Creating something that looks I guess feels a bit more clean looking. I don’t care for it. But I’m sure the game will have good image quality and run well. It will be polished and on the end that’s fine.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #396 on: July 23, 2020, 05:30:21 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:whatisthis

Please understand, COVID caused us to make Halo look like a launch PS3 title.</343>

Rahxephon91

« Reply #397 on: July 23, 2020, 05:33:12 PM »
I’m still interested in it. Open world Halo is a logical step for the sandbox shooter and should work. I just hope 343 offers plenty of freedom in how to tackle things. I feel like they are really trying with this one. It’s make or break for them after 4/5.  I feel like they are trying to bring Halo back to its core while still modernizing it. So I’m going to give it a chance.

Probably on my One X though.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #398 on: July 23, 2020, 05:35:20 PM »
yeah cant wait to disable the three towers, such interesting mission design

This open world shit is exactly the shot in the arm this franchise needed
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #399 on: July 23, 2020, 05:38:13 PM »
The good news is that 343 have legitimate technical wizards and the hardware is very capable.

:girlaff

"Technical Wizards."

:girlaff

TBH, those are kind of the worst levels in Halo. But in any case, the multiplayer and PC/engine performance and numerous bugs are what I'm worried about than "I CAN'T FINISH THE FIGHT!!!!!"-Post Halo 3 lore-campaignisms.

thisismyusername

« Reply #400 on: July 23, 2020, 05:41:33 PM »
People loved and still remember that Halo 2 E3 Gameplay demo. Because it showed an exciting and well renderd alien invasion of earth.

...And then none of that happened past 2 levels. Two.

Oh, sure, post Halo-2 you get a few more levels on Earth. But the point remains: They hyped up the invasion of Earth, then OOPS! ALL HALOS!

Bungle, like 3Tr4sh3 have the same issues: They start something, then as deadline approaches, they find out it doesn't work on the hardware/performance issues or the game isn't "fun," scrap everything and then crunch hard for a year or two to deadline. Thing is, Bungle got something decent out for 3-4 titles, 343 hasn't.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #401 on: July 23, 2020, 05:48:52 PM »
yeah cant wait to disable the three towers, such interesting mission design

I mean that’s my fear that it will be that. I mean I expect some of that and yeah this showing was whatever.

But Halo has always been sandbox driven and not set piece driven ala CoD.

So if like in Infinite they give me a mission where I’m supposed to say attack this Scarab and are like “well it’s moving around this valley, you need to figure out how to approach it”. My options could be to get to higher ground and snipe some enemies off it and then get in an atv and ride up. Maybe I use a pelican and attack from the sky before just landing on it. Maybe I get a tank and attack from distance before going in close. If there’s co-op, even more possibilities.

Basically I want Hitman but Halo.

I want the Far Cry I’ve imagined.

Username: yeah that’s what happen in the end. But my point was more that by my reading, ritious was saying an extended demonstration would be boring. Where as I remember very fondly Halo 2’s E3 demo and how exciting it seemed. Bought an Xbox for my birthday because of it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 05:55:06 PM by Rahxephon91 »

BisMarckie

« Reply #402 on: July 23, 2020, 05:50:48 PM »
Ryse was such garbage lol

It was worth the 5 bucks I paid for it. Just like The Order

BisMarckie

« Reply #403 on: July 23, 2020, 05:56:12 PM »

I respect my time.

See, that’s where we differ. I don’t, whether this means spening hours to save 60 bucks on mlb.tv or driving 100 miles to save 10 bucks of shipping costs just because I could refuel my car on the company‘s dime.  :doge

I should have take some econ classes :existential

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #404 on: July 23, 2020, 06:03:42 PM »
Ryse got a lot of shit early in the generation because people expected more from Next Gen games but it wasn't this garbage pile people made it out to be.

Meanwhile, Microsoft can't even get its story straight on the cross gen stuff:
https://kotaku.com/microsoft-walks-back-promise-to-make-its-games-cross-ge-1844484364

There's also a rumor floating around that Fable is an MMO or rather 'PLATFORM'.
I dunno it all seems like a big fart, not even Fable is there at launched.
What seemed interesting to me:

- CrossfireX Remedy Campaign
- Psychonauts 2
- The Medium
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (will never release though)

from the previous announcements Hellblade 2 but that won't ship until 2022.

Perfect Dark will be shown in August I guess?
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #405 on: July 23, 2020, 06:07:47 PM »
If you buy an Xbox for the first party stuff or exclusives in general, you mist have missed the past decade. I still like Forza and Forza Horizon, but I‘ll buy an Xbox for BC and gamepass :trumps

And I somehow like getting Xbox achievements, there is something about these achievement pop ups :existential

BisMarckie

« Reply #406 on: July 23, 2020, 06:10:21 PM »

But you'd have to pay me good money to play a game like Ryse. Like maybe $1000

Become the male equivalent of a tits streamer and we‘ll make it happen :shaq

My bits are ready :rejoice

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #407 on: July 23, 2020, 06:17:21 PM »
I will likely go with Xbox too just as I have an Xbox One X now but this was supposed to be the mic drop next gen unveil of the greatest line-up in Xbox history.
Next gen is an absolute clown show. We don't even know what these machines are going to cost when they hit the market in about 3 months.
🤴

Borealis

« Reply #408 on: July 23, 2020, 06:17:50 PM »
I guess Infinite's art style is decent enough, but it's like the ambient occlusion, blood effects, and depth of field etc. are missing in action.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #409 on: July 23, 2020, 06:22:27 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

BisMarckie

« Reply #410 on: July 23, 2020, 06:31:29 PM »
Tradition I guess. I don’t follow the phone market at all, but doesn’t Apple tell the price of their newest IPhone when they announce it?
The console market is also driven by preorders, bei it software or hardware. Retailers not taking preorders so close to launch is unprecedented.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #411 on: July 23, 2020, 06:33:29 PM »
Are those halo screenshots from the 360 version :yuck
(ice)

BisMarckie

« Reply #412 on: July 23, 2020, 06:44:21 PM »
Tradition I guess. I don’t follow the phone market at all, but doesn’t Apple tell the price of their newest IPhone when they announce it?
The console market is also driven by preorders, bei it software or hardware. Retailers not taking preorders so close to launch is unprecedented.
Yeah usually about 2 weeks before they release. 

lol,

well,  told you I don‘t follow the phone market  :doge

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #413 on: July 23, 2020, 07:29:26 PM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #414 on: July 23, 2020, 07:37:24 PM »
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 08:35:06 PM by OnlyRegret »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #415 on: July 23, 2020, 07:41:36 PM »
I know the console be harking back to the OG Xbox huge black monolith but didn't think the games would too

nudemacusers

« Reply #416 on: July 23, 2020, 07:46:03 PM »
this comment sums it up better than anything else

I’m talking about how it looks, not FPS or resolution.

will wait for 30-ish fps games to be demoed before getting in a tizzy about ssd's and tflops.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #417 on: July 23, 2020, 07:53:17 PM »
343 duh. that pop in lol.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #418 on: July 23, 2020, 07:56:42 PM »
is halo 4k 60fps?

Yulwei