Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1073588 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Corona virus megathread |OT|
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2020, 09:29:27 AM »
:O

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2020, 01:17:11 PM »
Nyc about to fall

https://twitter.com/AlexButlertv/status/1225745065408155648

Only positive test is for influenza A, the cruise was 12 days and the passengers from China were last in China 14 days ago.  If they had coronavirus it’s likely they’d have symptoms by now.  The CDC declared this ship low risk.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2020, 01:25:17 PM »
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #303 on: February 07, 2020, 01:31:39 PM »
He doesn't look like a feeble old person with preexisting breathing/lung issues.

I'm not a doctor but considering who he was it doesn't seem unreasonable he would have been exposed more severely and without some of the protections in place yet ?
ὕβρις

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2020, 01:36:29 PM »
The coronavirus subreddit has been the most hilarious honey-hole I've discovered in awhile.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/f056zn/whats_the_end_game_here/

It’s China’s Chernobyl. Don’t forget, super bowl ended a couple of days ago. So let’s pay attention to the 2 week time frame. I’ll bet my money that IF (theorizing here) we get an outbreak here. The first 2 epicenters will be Kansas City and San Francisco

james

« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2020, 02:01:09 PM »
WTF is a honey-hole

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2020, 02:02:43 PM »
So apart of my work is in events and there’s a big show next week with 70% Chinese attendance, one sales girl is refusing to go but wants her bonus even though she’ll potentially lose sales because not going. If I’m going you’re going. I got some hand sanitizer and a mask, despite feeling I’m already infected. We shall see!

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2020, 02:14:14 PM »
WTF is a honey-hole

It's a fishing/hunting term for a secret spot that yields good luck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_hole

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #308 on: February 07, 2020, 02:34:34 PM »
serge

james

« Reply #309 on: February 08, 2020, 01:06:47 AM »
This guy proved that China has been faking the numbers.

He predicted 7 days of data and nailed them all

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/ez13dv/comment/fgkkh59

Occam

« Reply #310 on: February 08, 2020, 04:42:13 AM »
A communist regime fabricating data? Why, I never!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #311 on: February 08, 2020, 04:49:05 AM »
Maths don't lie.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #312 on: February 08, 2020, 05:33:27 AM »
:picard

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2020, 07:38:57 AM »
If anyone here catches it, remember to post your hog pics before you RIP
would be a shame for them to go to waste
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2020, 09:08:50 AM »
I read some horrible stomach turning stories about how crematoriums are filled to the brim and working overtime to get rid of the dead bodies and families barely get a look at their diseased relatives if at all.
People are starting to notice a lot of families send to the hospitals don't return.

They're also welding shut the doors of entire apartment buildings
https://twitter.com/ASBreakingNews/status/1226131773576425473
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 09:32:40 AM by Nintex »
🤴

james

« Reply #315 on: February 08, 2020, 11:33:52 AM »
France and Switzerland have fallen

Occam

« Reply #316 on: February 08, 2020, 08:12:26 PM »
805 dead reported (=off by 3). So the Chinese numbers are indeed bullshit.

EDIT: I was wrong, the timeframe is too short to jump to any conclusion. It makes perfect sense that a function created by using regression analysis fits for a few days- until it doesn't.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:16:28 AM by Occam »

samir

« Reply #317 on: February 08, 2020, 11:58:05 PM »
This shit always starts in China. Maybe they should stop eating weird animals and shit in the streets. Just an idea.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #318 on: February 09, 2020, 12:59:45 AM »
I read some horrible stomach turning stories about how crematoriums are filled to the brim and working overtime to get rid of the dead bodies and families barely get a look at their diseased relatives if at all.
People are starting to notice a lot of families send to the hospitals don't return.

They're also welding shut the doors of entire apartment buildings
https://twitter.com/ASBreakingNews/status/1226131773576425473

This is how the Death Stranding starts :expert
Margs

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #319 on: February 09, 2020, 01:13:53 AM »
Feel like this whole thing is petering out idk.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #320 on: February 09, 2020, 01:13:59 AM »
If anyone here catches it, remember to post your hog pics before you RIP
would be a shame for them to go to waste

Who is Hobby Lobby? keeping me in their thoughts. :heart

Raist

« Reply #321 on: February 09, 2020, 03:57:15 AM »

Why should it be a surprise that a model based of off a couple of weeks of data continues to hold true for a few days?

People screaming "it's not exponential therefore it's all made up!" off the rooftops have no idea what they're talking about.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #322 on: February 09, 2020, 04:14:19 AM »
Figures probably real but I guess there is a natural distrust of China doing it's own death tolls ever since Tiananmen Square

Occam

« Reply #323 on: February 09, 2020, 04:20:05 AM »

Why should it be a surprise that a model based of off a couple of weeks of data continues to hold true for a few days?

People screaming "it's not exponential therefore it's all made up!" off the rooftops have no idea what they're talking about.

I think you don't understand. The numbers that are reported daily by the Chinese government are supposed to be a count of the actual number of people that have died that day, not an estimate. The problem is that day after day numbers are reported that EXACTLY confirm to that equation mentioned above. Meaning, it's impossible those are the real number of deaths.

EDIT: I was wrong, the timeframe is too short to jump to any conclusion. It makes perfect sense that a function created by using regression analysis fits for a few days- until it doesn't.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:16:06 AM by Occam »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2020, 04:43:16 AM »
Liu Mei told the Caijing reporter that the elderly had symptoms of suspected new type of coronavirus pneumonia on January 21, and the diagnosis results showed that the lung was highly infected in the fourth hospital of Wuhan. However, the old man has not been admitted to several hospitals, and can only isolate himself at home until his illness.

After the old man was taken to the ambulance, the family never saw her again. All they received was a cremation note, indicating that the cause of the death of the elderly was: viral pneumonia. However, according to family members, the death of the elderly was not included in the number of confirmed deaths from new coronary pneumonia-because she did not qualify for hospitalization and was not diagnosed with new coronary pneumonia until her death.

https://chinadigitaltimes.net/chinese/2020/02/%E8%B4%A2%E7%BB%8F-%E7%BB%9F%E8%AE%A1%E6%95%B0%E5%AD%97%E4%B9%8B%E5%A4%96%E7%9A%84%E4%BA%BA%EF%BC%9A%E4%BB%96%E4%BB%AC%E6%AD%BB%E4%BA%8E%E6%99%AE%E9%80%9A%E8%82%BA%E7%82%8E/

They have a lot of people to test so if someone dies and they havn't been tested, they're just going to cremate you without adding you to the official figures.

tldr: China lie

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #325 on: February 09, 2020, 05:20:38 AM »
To reiterate what Occam said a few posts up...

A communist regime fabricating data? Why, I never!

It's not like China has a free press or any public organisations willing to expose government lies and propaganda.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #326 on: February 09, 2020, 06:27:12 AM »
Liu Mei told the Caijing reporter that the elderly had symptoms of suspected new type of coronavirus pneumonia on January 21, and the diagnosis results showed that the lung was highly infected in the fourth hospital of Wuhan. However, the old man has not been admitted to several hospitals, and can only isolate himself at home until his illness.

After the old man was taken to the ambulance, the family never saw her again. All they received was a cremation note, indicating that the cause of the death of the elderly was: viral pneumonia. However, according to family members, the death of the elderly was not included in the number of confirmed deaths from new coronary pneumonia-because she did not qualify for hospitalization and was not diagnosed with new coronary pneumonia until her death.

https://chinadigitaltimes.net/chinese/2020/02/%E8%B4%A2%E7%BB%8F-%E7%BB%9F%E8%AE%A1%E6%95%B0%E5%AD%97%E4%B9%8B%E5%A4%96%E7%9A%84%E4%BA%BA%EF%BC%9A%E4%BB%96%E4%BB%AC%E6%AD%BB%E4%BA%8E%E6%99%AE%E9%80%9A%E8%82%BA%E7%82%8E/

They have a lot of people to test so if someone dies and they havn't been tested, they're just going to cremate you without adding you to the official figures.

tldr: China lie
They lock people in their homes and then return later to collect the bodies. The 'hospitals' and 'quarantine' zones are just halls with beds, barely running water or medical staff other than those who also have the virus.

Because the supply lines are distorted farm animals are dying in large numbers and they could soon have food shortages as well.
🤴

Raist

« Reply #327 on: February 09, 2020, 07:51:53 AM »

I think you don't understand. The numbers that are reported daily by the Chinese government are supposed to be a count of the actual number of people that have died that day, not an estimate. The problem is that day after day numbers are reported that EXACTLY confirm to that equation mentioned above. Meaning, it's impossible those are the real number of deaths.

He didn't come up with said "equation" out of nowhere. It's based on the first couple of weeks of data.

The fact that subsequent data points fall into the predicted curve based off of a regression analysis of existing prior data isn't shocking at all, let alone be evidence that the numbers are fake. It's the whole goddamn point of regression analyses.

As for the reported numbers being most likely underestimating the actual number of cases, well duh. That happens all the time, everywhere.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #328 on: February 09, 2020, 09:21:41 AM »
In lighter news the Chinese are triggered because the Dutch are making jokes and songs about the Corona virus.
Based on the phrase: "Beter voorkomen dan genezen" (It's better to prevent than to cure).
The word 'Genezen' (to cure), is very similar to 'Chinezen', which means "The Chinese" but in most cases means: "Let's go eat Chinese".
So the song is about that it's better to prevent getting sick by not eating Chinese otherwise you end up being quarantined or euthanized.

https://twitter.com/shanetlie/status/1226162485725626368

There was also an incident on a talk show where they discussed dogs wearing face masks and the guest quipped that he thought Chinese only ate dogs.
https://twitter.com/shanetlie/status/1226222972412813313

Of course the Chinese don't enjoy edgy Dutch humor.  :idont

The state is even launching their dumb bot armies
https://twitter.com/Catheri77569890
https://twitter.com/Candicelalala/with_replies
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 09:30:10 AM by Nintex »
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #329 on: February 09, 2020, 09:47:21 AM »
Dutch humor  :whatsthedeal
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #330 on: February 09, 2020, 09:47:48 AM »
I ordered some shit from china, How at risk am I right now
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #331 on: February 09, 2020, 10:02:51 AM »
RIP  :chinacry
🤴

Raist

« Reply #332 on: February 09, 2020, 10:05:36 AM »

You'll be fine.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Here's our chance to get rid of the Netherlands, brehs :hyper.
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #333 on: February 09, 2020, 07:41:43 PM »

I dunno, did you specifically order novel corona virus samples?
dog

Occam

« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2020, 06:47:58 AM »

He didn't come up with said "equation" out of nowhere. It's based on the first couple of weeks of data.

The fact that subsequent data points fall into the predicted curve based off of a regression analysis of existing prior data isn't shocking at all, let alone be evidence that the numbers are fake. It's the whole goddamn point of regression analyses.

As for the reported numbers being most likely underestimating the actual number of cases, well duh. That happens all the time, everywhere.

The point is that the reported data quite precisely fit the quadratic function many days in a row, which isn't how reality works. The data points should be scattered around the line (the graph of the function) and not lie directly on it. The statistical probability of this is near 0. Meaning, unlike a graph based on a quadratic function, a graph based on real world data should occasionally go zigzag.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:15:29 AM by Occam »

Raist

« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2020, 07:22:55 AM »
:picard

You have absolutely no clue dude.

Fifstar

« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2020, 07:46:07 AM »
Can you quickly explain why? What's wrong about the notion that the predicted data for each day shouldn't be that close to the actual data? Especially considering that outside factors (like correctly determing cause of death, change in patient treatment and so on) probably have changed over the last couple of weeks?
Gulp

Raist

« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2020, 07:58:13 AM »
Because growth curves will always follow an exponential (although that's actually extremely rare in real life conditions) or sub-exponential (i.e. polynomial - which a quadratic is) trend over a few days - or hours for things that multiply real fast, like bacteria.
There is absolutely nothing surprising about this.

It's incredibly easy to take a handful of data points and find a really really good fit, in particular with a polynomial function, ESPECIALLY when it's overfitted - which you can see in that reddit post given that it does not trend towards 0 but instead curves upwards.

The next few data points will inevitably fall right around the trend curve - again, there's nothing surprising or dodgy about this at all. They're no going to suddenly wildly diverge from the trend established from the prior few days.
It will however invariably fall part really quickly, which is starting to be the case for this example.

But of course, instead of thinking "well maybe it was just really easy to have a really good fit for a few days, but that's not the case anymore because this is how these things fucking work", now we're seeing the classic "THEY MUST HAVE NOTICED US AND ARE CHANGING THE NUMBERS TO MISLEAD US".

It's pretty much exactly like flat earth distinguished mentally-challenged fellows who demand proof, and when you show them pictures of the earth taken from the moon or satellites that are far away enough to capture the whole thing, their answer is "oh but those pics are CGI". ::)

Occam

« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2020, 07:58:45 AM »
Please explain where I am in error. Is it that the timeframe is too short to expect much deviation?

For comparison:

Edit: Sorry, posted this reply before seeing yours.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2020, 08:08:46 AM »
CCP is evil as shit so I can understand why the rumours

Raist

« Reply #340 on: February 11, 2020, 08:29:23 AM »
Here, have another example.

Small random subset of the reported case numbers for the Ebola outbreak in WA in 2014:

Oh wow, surely Africa and the WHO just made up those numbers. Look at that R2!!1!! See how those data points line up perfectly. As we've just learned, this just doesn't happen in real life.

But then they must have known that in 2020 I'd uncover their evil plot to distribute fake numbers to the populace, because they started fudging the numbers again, those bastards!
There should have been 5,000 cases by day 150 from that starting point, but they reported 5,300 by day 126.

Someone call the Daily Mail.

Occam

« Reply #341 on: February 11, 2020, 08:46:22 AM »
CCP is evil as shit so I can understand why the rumours

Influenza killed about 80,000 Americans in 2018 (which was unusually high, normally it's between 12,000 and 56,000). U.S. population: 320 million. The official number reported by China for 2018 was 144 deaths (population: 1.4 billion).
It makes sense to be wary of anything they report.

It's just that in this instance, the data is insufficient to be able to tell if it's falsified.

@Raist: Ok now?

Occam

« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2020, 09:14:29 AM »
So, I have edited all my above posts to include the following:

I was wrong, the timeframe is too short to jump to any conclusion. It makes perfect sense that a function created by using regression analysis fits for a few days- until it doesn't.

« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2020, 10:54:53 AM »
https://www.thedailybeast.com/north-koreas-secret-coronavirus-crisis-is-crazy-scary/?via=twitter_page
Kim Jong Un canceled a big parade with no real explanation just as the South Korean press reports coronavirus has hit North Korea hard and could explode there.
Those North Korea concentration camp could be fucked if this hits them.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2020, 11:00:21 AM »
when a virus breaks out in China and they say that X number infected and Y die, I'm gonna x10 on those figures.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2020, 11:31:44 AM »
Had a another 40 year die of the flu on us, and a second is currently on ecmo (look that up if you haven’t heard of it - It’s p cool)
dur

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2020, 06:01:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1227303789205417984
Sounds serious

https://twitter.com/ChinafricaMag/status/1227275855363297283
What's worse, dying or having to star in propaganda videos as your life ends.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2020, 06:21:19 PM »
when a virus breaks out in China and they say that X number infected and Y die, I'm gonna x10 on those figures.
I always figure 25% of the total deaths are just political assassinations and summary executions of "undesirable" citizens.
Spud

james

« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2020, 08:22:16 PM »
No more formula

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2020, 08:37:00 PM »
Hubei’s health commission said in its daily statement that it had changed the diagnostic criteria used to confirm cases, effective Thursday, meaning that doctors have broader discretion to determine which patients are infected.

Previously they were using test kits.
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2020, 09:21:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1227657884395327489

edit: yessss, it's the same shit that turned that Libertarian guy blue :lawd

Occam

« Reply #351 on: February 13, 2020, 06:35:24 AM »
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1227657884395327489

Awesome, hope he and his followers start consuming large quantities of this. For science.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #352 on: February 13, 2020, 07:08:01 AM »
Alex Jones is big on the silver and nano-silver shit right now, as well.
ὕβρις

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #353 on: February 13, 2020, 07:20:00 AM »
He’s gone off the fish oil now?  :doge
(ice)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #354 on: February 13, 2020, 07:55:11 AM »
He’s gone off the fish oil now?  :doge

He's always pushing everything but last two weeks he's shilling extra hard food buckets and silver supplements.
ὕβρις

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #355 on: February 13, 2020, 08:00:26 AM »
I saw the food buckets earlier 700 dollars for a 3 month supply   :-*
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #356 on: February 13, 2020, 08:43:30 AM »

Yeah, but he didn’t have coronavirus. Checkmate, liberal.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #357 on: February 13, 2020, 08:49:20 AM »
Jones developed argyria, which permanently turned his skin a blue-grey color, by consuming home-made colloidal silver, which he made due to fears the Year 2000 problem would make antibiotics unavailable, an event that did not occur.

Wikipedia just twisting the knife.
©@©™

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #358 on: February 13, 2020, 08:54:00 AM »
I hope his kids decide to cremate him so they can get those sweet silver nuggets.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #359 on: February 13, 2020, 09:27:56 AM »
Jim Bakker is proof that no matter how awful you are you can still make a come-back and sell snake oil to stupid people.
dog