Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136169 times)

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #22860 on: August 02, 2020, 11:48:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-early-into-the-witcher-3-am-i-missing-something.260541/page-4#post-41442753

Dropped it 100+ hours in due to CDPRs transphobia

Boy you sure showed them!

« Reply #22861 on: August 02, 2020, 11:49:43 PM »
I wonder if Robin genuinely doesn't see that post as adding fuel to the fire of "conspiracy theories" that B-dubs is trying to curb.  I'm more inclined to believe her and Ketkat are just airing out a grudge and want to watch whatever happens.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #22862 on: August 03, 2020, 12:40:15 AM »
I'm just happy my "why aren't the mods getting paid/who makes the money off of this site" conspiracy has gone mainstream.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22863 on: August 03, 2020, 12:55:44 AM »
"Unban BDS !" :neogaf
ὕβρις

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22864 on: August 03, 2020, 02:01:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-early-into-the-witcher-3-am-i-missing-something.260541/page-4#post-41442753

Dropped it 100+ hours in due to CDPRs transphobia

Boy you sure showed them!
"Am i too late for that Steam refund?"

Boredfrom

« Reply #22865 on: August 03, 2020, 02:16:00 AM »
The term "Bad faith" is honestly so wildly misused in online discourse these days, that I can't even tell what exactly it is that you're scared of happening in a feedback thread.

:kermit

Since when has the existence of a possibility of bad people showing up been an justifiable excuse for shutting down all discussion?

:neogaf

:woody

KetKat has to be a troll, I cannot believe that’s a serious post.

Nah, she is a cunt. She is not self aware beyond “I want to shit on this assholes because they didn’t let me do what I wanted”.

ShutUp

« Reply #22866 on: August 03, 2020, 02:27:26 AM »
But I would be more than happy to pay 5 - 10 bucks per month if this money is solely used to pay the staff and cover hosting expenses.

Cerium: more free cash for me? Brilliant idea, citizen!  :success

BikeJesus

« Reply #22867 on: August 03, 2020, 02:49:43 AM »
If fucking 8chan could have monthly transparency reports explaining where the money goes, surely resetti can as well.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22868 on: August 03, 2020, 03:38:16 AM »
If these sites really care about spreading the truth they should remove find some alternative monetization method so they can remove the paywalls.

:brain
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #22869 on: August 03, 2020, 04:04:01 AM »
This means that a lot of the most vital information will end up locked behind the paywall. And while I am not much of a New Yorker fan either, it’s concerning that the Hoover Institute will freely give you Richard Epstein’s infamous article downplaying the threat of coronavirus, but Isaac Chotiner’s interview demolishing Epstein requires a monthly subscription, meaning that the lie is more accessible than its refutation.

"I was on the fence about Epstein but then I read this article where he got DEMOLISHED..." lol

Maybe fake news wouldn't be such a problem if people were encouraged to think for themselves by the right or left today.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22870 on: August 03, 2020, 04:10:54 AM »
Not the same Epstein.  ???
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #22871 on: August 03, 2020, 04:30:45 AM »
Anyone who is on the fence on the coronavirus though...

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22872 on: August 03, 2020, 04:34:50 AM »
Anyone who is on the fence on the coronavirus though...

Fair.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22873 on: August 03, 2020, 07:38:32 AM »
How does a videogame forum with 0 paid staff "bleed money"?

Ask demi  :doge
ERA has hosting costs plus it's a LLC so I get they have some baseline expenses but yeah it's hard to imagine it's not a profitable venture and good revenue if only a handful of people share it.
ὕβρις

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #22874 on: August 03, 2020, 07:52:32 AM »
Fukui is a Japanese name I think.

It's pronounced "Fuckofffffffffffff"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 07:57:35 AM by Straight Edge »
Oi Oi

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22875 on: August 03, 2020, 08:10:14 AM »
confession... on a purely aesthetic level (while recognising the misogyny in the design)... i love this. same with 2b. feel free to revoke my feminism card orz

"Help! I like this design but it shows femoral arteries so it must be misogynistic!"

The disgusting design

spoiler (click to show/hide)

:exxy
[close]

Maybe character design is about aesthetics and sex appeal can be part of that?

Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22876 on: August 03, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »
Given they use a shady ad supplier that regularly pulls shit like fullscreen video popunders and unclosable browser hijacks on mobile warez site style AND if given the opportunity will stick like, a bajillion fucking ad tracking cookies up your browsers ass that only let you opt out of each one individually which is borderline non-GDPR compliant AND try to sell you an acne medication Purplegafgold, which I guarantee some dupes fell for, I don't see how that site is costing them shit.

Even assuming they're not reselling valid non disposable email addresses required for sign up and that advertisers consider the misanthropic living on benefits shut ins low value adverting targets.

paprikastaude

« Reply #22877 on: August 03, 2020, 09:02:03 AM »
This job, in essence, just is

:titus

Don't you technically have to get paid for something to be called a job?  :doge

SmokyDave

« Reply #22878 on: August 03, 2020, 09:18:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-have-a-talk-about-how-era-users-interact-with-users-with-disabilities-and-accessibility-issues.260895/

WE NEED TO TALK.... AGAIN.

Quote from: Mendinso
I'm gonna be honest. Making this topic is extremely anxiety inducing, because I'm scared at the responses the users are gonna give me. I have severe anxiety, panic attacks, heart palpitations, etc., so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to handle responding in this thread as a whole.

See, I don't like jibing cats with real issues, but, fuck me man, get off the net and get some help. Nobody should feel like that whilst voluntarily participating in a video game forum. Jesus.

Don't you technically have to get paid for something to be called a job?  :doge
Blow jobs  :bolo

Please don't say I should be getting paid. Not after all this time :(
[close]

Propagandhim

« Reply #22879 on: August 03, 2020, 09:54:53 AM »
Because right now, and I'm aware this isn't something a lot of people want to hear, but our staff team is wearing thin. Most of us are exhausted, mentally, emotionally, simply because this job, in essence just is. We are often confronted to the worse this forum has to offer, on a daily basis, and it takes a toll on us all sooner or later. I remember someone in a post mentioning the fact that we have to take the higher ground and be willing to take any kind of criticism at all times, and that's generally the mindset I'm coming from indeed. However, that also generally leaves me drained, with poor mental-health, and needing regular breaks from moderating (or from even interacting with the forum as a whole) just to recenter myself and feel good enough again.

For a forum that often agrees on precepts like, "If you don't take drastic action, things will never change", these people sure do love volunteering to toil needlessly and ensuring they'll never be compensated.  If they all said, "We're not modding for free unless you pay us because this a lot of work and it sucks" maybe something would happen.   

...or maybe all the union-busting scabs like RedMercury will happily take their place for free.   :teehee

Clockwork5

« Reply #22880 on: August 03, 2020, 10:28:17 AM »
Remember when Sweet Nicole would craft giant “Community Update” posts? I honestly thought those posts helped build the community over there and I respected the effort she put into them. It seems like something as trivial as thread tags would have been put into place without a massive temper tantrum from those dipshits if it had been announced and framed in a way that had a shred of elegance. Idk, maybe if an admin would take an hour out of each month to show that they actually give a fuck about the site, this coup d'état could have been avoided.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22881 on: August 03, 2020, 10:35:30 AM »
I do appreciate how they are just fucking going in on clinically-daignosed mentally ill people who are ill-represented and made fun of in society while (in the same post) going hard in the paint talking about how people are being ableist for not listening to their dumb bullshit about Dark Souls being too hard for able-bodied manchildren to rush through.

The whole difficulty discussion always felt like it partly just appropriated accessibility as a shield. There is so much more going on there to make a game accessible that goes way beyond "give me more hitpoints." A lack of difficulty options is also simply rare to see in games so it's hardly issue number 1 yet almost all discussions seems to be focused on that element.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22882 on: August 03, 2020, 11:10:28 AM »
Late on seeing this new statement-

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/page-23#post-41435877
Quote from: Delphine
Because right now, and I'm aware this isn't something a lot of people want to hear, but our staff team is wearing thin. Most of us are exhausted, mentally, emotionally, simply because this job, in essence just is. We are often confronted to the worse this forum has to offer, on a daily basis, and it takes a toll on us all sooner or later. I remember someone in a post mentioning the fact that we have to take the higher ground and be willing to take any kind of criticism at all times, and that's generally the mindset I'm coming from indeed. However, that also generally leaves me drained, with poor mental-health, and needing regular breaks from moderating (or from even interacting with the forum as a whole) just to recenter myself and feel good enough again. This is, in big part, the reason of our staff turn-over. People get burned out doing this, and end up leaving because they couldn't handle it anymore. This is how we lost many of our minority mods as well (because the mental and emotional toll on us is very often THAT much bigger than for the rest of the team), who often are extremely difficult, if not impossible, to replace. I myself have already thought about quitting the staff team half a dozen times in less than a year already. The apparently common sentiment that mods are easily recruited, and that they easily agree to become staff, and dedicate their time and energy to this forum, is sadly far from our actual reality, and the reason why it makes any single departure that much harder to handle.

Reminds of this-

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-cant-we-ignore-mods-as-we-can-other-users.245230/page-9#post-39394399
Quote from: Finale Fireworker, post: 39394399, member: 1944
I did content moderation for eighteen months. By the end of my tenure, I barely ate. I barely slept. I had hallucinations. I was written anti-anxiety and blood pressure prescriptions. I had to go to therapy. I had a panic attack so intense I believed I was having a heart attack. I left out of medical necessity.

Just stop.  Get off that toxic shit hole.  Why are you mentally-destroying yourself over this dumb crap?
:mindblown
ど助平

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #22883 on: August 03, 2020, 11:20:31 AM »
Because right now, and I'm aware this isn't something a lot of people want to hear, but our staff team is wearing thin. Most of us are exhausted, mentally, emotionally, simply because this job, in essence just is.

Lol, yeah, right --"job".  I'll make sure to tell that to my wife, who is a nurse in a assisted living/memory care facility, next time she complains about not even having enough protective equipment or has to take an unpaid week off because someone at work tested positive for COVID that Delphine and her team of internet jannies are so tired from KitKat and Incelcheif mashing the report button 5000 times a day.  Get the fuck over yourself and your shit forum.

The solution to making Era more manageable and enjoyable, for both posters and staff, is exactly the same as it was on GAF.  Perm the biggest shitposters, regardless of their race, gender, orientation, etc.  You could nuke a couple dozen accounts and the forum would be so much better.  But they're too cowardly to do that.

:sheik

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:27:16 AM by porkbun »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #22884 on: August 03, 2020, 11:33:55 AM »
Maybe its time for the reset era admin to bend the knee and offer a plate of jambalaya and gumbo to the only man mentally capable of modding such a forum

:pimp
(ice)

Yulwei

« Reply #22885 on: August 03, 2020, 11:36:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nowhere-prophet-dev-our-opening-weekend-sales-on-ps4-were-5-of-our-switch-opening-weekend-sales.260985/

Indie Dev: "So many more people bought our game on Switch than PS4."
Ree: "Game looks like shit anyhow. And who would want to play it on a console?"
Indie Dev: "The game sold great on Switch and Xbox. Just very poorly on PS4."
Ree: "Game looks like shit anyhow. And who would want to play it on a console?"

let this be a lesson to all indie and mid sized devs. Sony ponies only buy the latest hyper marketed AAA monstrosities.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #22886 on: August 03, 2020, 11:38:33 AM »
Because right now, and I'm aware this isn't something a lot of people want to hear, but our staff team is wearing thin. Most of us are exhausted, mentally, emotionally, simply because this job, in essence just is.

Lol, yeah, right --"job".  I'll make sure to tell that to my wife, who is a nurse in a assisted living/memory care facility, next time she complains about not even having enough protective equipment or has to take an unpaid week off because someone at work tested positive for COVID that Delphine and her team of internet jannies are so tired from KitKat and Incelcheif mashing the report button 5000 times a day.  Get the fuck over yourself and your shit forum.

The solution to making Era more manageable and enjoyable, for both posters and staff, is exactly the same as it was on GAF.  Perm the biggest shitposters, regardless of their race, gender, orientation, etc.  You could nuke a couple dozen accounts and the forum would be so much better.  But they're too cowardly to do that.

:sheik

My first thought is why Belle Delphine had the time to mod for a small forum.

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/belle-delphine-bathwater-herpes/

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22887 on: August 03, 2020, 11:40:56 AM »
Late on seeing this new statement-

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/page-23#post-41435877
Because right now, and I'm aware this isn't something a lot of people want to hear, but our staff team is wearing thin. Most of us are exhausted, mentally, emotionally, simply because this job, in essence just is. We are often confronted to the worse this forum has to offer, on a daily basis, and it takes a toll on us all sooner or later. I remember someone in a post mentioning the fact that we have to take the higher ground and be willing to take any kind of criticism at all times, and that's generally the mindset I'm coming from indeed. However, that also generally leaves me drained, with poor mental-health, and needing regular breaks from moderating (or from even interacting with the forum as a whole) just to recenter myself and feel good enough again. This is, in big part, the reason of our staff turn-over. People get burned out doing this, and end up leaving because they couldn't handle it anymore. This is how we lost many of our minority mods as well (because the mental and emotional toll on us is very often THAT much bigger than for the rest of the team), who often are extremely difficult, if not impossible, to replace. I myself have already thought about quitting the staff team half a dozen times in less than a year already. The apparently common sentiment that mods are easily recruited, and that they easily agree to become staff, and dedicate their time and energy to this forum, is sadly far from our actual reality, and the reason why it makes any single departure that much harder to handle.

Reminds of this-

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-cant-we-ignore-mods-as-we-can-other-users.245230/page-9#post-39394399
Quote from: Finale Fireworker, post: 39394399, member: 1944
I did content moderation for eighteen months. By the end of my tenure, I barely ate. I barely slept. I had hallucinations. I was written anti-anxiety and blood pressure prescriptions. I had to go to therapy. I had a panic attack so intense I believed I was having a heart attack. I left out of medical necessity.

Just stop.  Get off that toxic shit hole.  Why are you mentally-destroying yourself over this dumb crap?
:mindblown

if we don't fight here and now there will soon be no one left to champion these viewpoints in the gaming space  :'(
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22888 on: August 03, 2020, 12:20:14 PM »
Delphine also said

From my personal point of view, as someone who has moderated forums almost as big, if not as big as Era, this reaction to the addition of tags is genuinely surprising. I personally like them enough, I think they're an extremely useful feature, and I remember the times when I first posted on Era a year or two ago, feeling absolutely lost in what felt like a humongous maze-like amount of threads, not neatly organized enough for me to get to where I wanted when I wanted it.

though.

So someone who feels OVRWHLMD just readingthe forum isn't exactly starting out from a place as sharpest crayon in the playpen

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22889 on: August 03, 2020, 12:24:20 PM »
Belle Delphine?
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #22890 on: August 03, 2020, 12:29:37 PM »
Belle Delphine?
Yes.
I bet shosta is really mad that he got banned right now. :girlaff

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #22891 on: August 03, 2020, 12:31:23 PM »
maybe if he simps for her hard enough on social media she'll unban him  :-*
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22892 on: August 03, 2020, 12:36:52 PM »
Please subscribe to Belle Delphine's only fans account to support her moderation work

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #22893 on: August 03, 2020, 12:40:17 PM »
User Banned (1 Month): Ableism

Not defeding this trash but people with mental illness can also be racist, it's not a one or the other kinda thing. She's a racist piece of trash who probably also needs some mental help.

:cac
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22894 on: August 03, 2020, 01:03:41 PM »
Because right now, and I'm aware this isn't something a lot of people want to hear, but our staff team is wearing thin. Most of us are exhausted, mentally, emotionally, simply because this job, in essence just is. We are often confronted to the worse this forum has to offer, on a daily basis, and it takes a toll on us all sooner or later.
I you're reading this era, I'll admin your board for free so you can all take a vacation
 :mynicca
Just stop banning anyone unless they post gore/porn/account suicide.
Let users resolve their own internet slap fights.

Wow, problem solved.  ::)
That's not how I would admin ResetEra  :snob
🤴

SmokyDave

« Reply #22895 on: August 03, 2020, 01:08:52 PM »
User Banned (1 Month): Ableism

Not defeding this trash but people with mental illness can also be racist, it's not a one or the other kinda thing. She's a racist piece of trash who probably also needs some mental help.

:cac
Ah cool, I already have a post for this:

That thread is fucking weird. They’re setting up some weird narrative that mental illness and racism are mutually exclusive, and that people pointing out you’re fucking crazy must be defending you. Why are they so fucking simple-minded? It’s infuriating to watch. Much like the video was, fucking fair play to those dudes for staying unruffled.
I did have to change ‘that dude’ to ‘those dudes’ though.

I do understand the urge to prevent racism from being downplayed, but fuck me both of those videos obviously portray what most people would refer to as ‘proper nutters’.
[close]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 01:13:21 PM by SmokyDave »

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #22896 on: August 03, 2020, 01:27:30 PM »
Why can't they understand that the following can all be true

Normal
Racist and normal
Mentally ill
Racist and mentally ill

They're not mutually exclusive or anything
:O

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #22897 on: August 03, 2020, 01:39:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/confirmed-spider-man-is-exclusive-to-playstation-editions-of-avengers.261042/page-15#post-41500518

Quote from: Uzupedro, post: 41500518, member: 69480
Bruh, this place will become a warzone in the following weeks.
Quote from: Transistor Moderator, post: 41500656, member: 1099
Why do you think I drink so much. Y'all've made me gain, like, 20 lbs from booze

Become an alcoholic from modding a videogame forum brehs
Margs

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #22898 on: August 03, 2020, 02:05:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/confirmed-spider-man-is-exclusive-to-playstation-editions-of-avengers.261042/page-15#post-41500518

Why do you think I drink so much. Y'all've made me gain, like, 20 lbs from booze

He has Hecht as an example to lead the way.  Transistor is just missing impotent drunken tweets looking for sympathy from their dozens of followers and maybe he too can become a useless administrator.

Averon

« Reply #22900 on: August 03, 2020, 03:14:45 PM »
Quote from: Kilrogg
Cerium should be brought out of his cave and forced to share the financials of the site. The fact that he apparently never shared them with the community or even the mod team in the first place is extremely suspect. I have a hard time seeing how the site could be bleeding money given the high traffic and Era Clear sub, but even assuming it does, we should know about it. And if it's making a profit, we should definitely know where the money goes, and the mod/admin team should definitely be compensated.

Also, unban BDS, as a show of good faith. At the very least, make her ban temporary with a clear duration (not a "pending" that might just quietly turn into a perm; "pending durations" are just dumb and often feel like a way to quietly sweep permabans under the rug btw). Regardless of what you thought of her post or her post history, this thread and this discussion aren't exactly the best places to ban people for being angry at the mod team. "Not a good look", as the kids say. I'd honestly say the same of Frump's ban, and would definitely appreciate it if he was unbanned too, but at least his is just a 2-week ban.

They are now making demands...

01) Cerium needs to share the forum's financials
02) Unban BDS
03) Unban Frump
04) B-Dubs needs to step down

The mods' response? User Banned (Duration Pending): Escalating hostility and concern trolling over a series of posts

Looks like negotiations has hit an impasse  :teehee
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:49:21 PM by Averon »

BisMarckie

« Reply #22901 on: August 03, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »

This forum makes the mods and some of its users become weebs :existential

Hermit

« Reply #22902 on: August 03, 2020, 03:41:14 PM »
and they still do it for free...

which leads me to believe they're probably lying about how it affects them so they can earn sympathy points

BisMarckie

« Reply #22903 on: August 03, 2020, 03:47:38 PM »
and they still do it for free...

which leads me to believe they're probably lying about how it affects them so they can earn sympathy points

Yeah, come to think of it, I bet the Bore mods ENJOYED turning into weebs.

Hermit

« Reply #22904 on: August 03, 2020, 03:48:15 PM »
sony: spider-man is exclusive for Avengers PS4!

me: oh, ok

re:

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #22905 on: August 03, 2020, 03:58:39 PM »
I’m still getting it on Xbox.  It’s one character how can they make this into a huge fucking deal never mind it’s resetera :neogaf

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #22906 on: August 03, 2020, 04:02:31 PM »
I'm sure Xbox and PC will have their own exclusive characters.

thetylerrob

« Reply #22907 on: August 03, 2020, 04:04:40 PM »
Spawn and Heihachi hopefully

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22908 on: August 03, 2020, 04:23:02 PM »
Quote from: Kilrogg
Cerium should be brought out of his cave and forced to share the financials of the site. The fact that he apparently never shared them with the community or even the mod team in the first place is extremely suspect. I have a hard time seeing how the site could be bleeding money given the high traffic and Era Clear sub, but even assuming it does, we should know about it. And if it's making a profit, we should definitely know where the money goes, and the mod/admin team should definitely be compensated.

Also, unban BDS, as a show of good faith. At the very least, make her ban temporary with a clear duration (not a "pending" that might just quietly turn into a perm; "pending durations" are just dumb and often feel like a way to quietly sweep permabans under the rug btw). Regardless of what you thought of her post or her post history, this thread and this discussion aren't exactly the best places to ban people for being angry at the mod team. "Not a good look", as the kids say. I'd honestly say the same of Frump's ban, and would definitely appreciate it if he was unbanned too, but at least his is just a 2-week ban.

They are now making demands...

01) Cerium needs to share the forum's financials
02) Unban BDS
03) Unban Frump
04) B-Dubs needs to step down

The mods' responds? User Banned (Duration Pending): Escalating hostility and concern trolling over a series of posts

Looks like negotiations has hit an impasse  :teehee

I think demanding the FINANCIALS might be the hot button issue for convincing Cerium to cut some heads.
 :P

In an accelerationist sense, maybe the best move tho. Play it tactical.

Edit : This guy is more right than wrong IMO
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-tech-thread-5-24-19-site-update-report-bugs-here.118789/post-41481420
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22909 on: August 03, 2020, 04:28:00 PM »
Cerium would never talk financials to forum staff but there was always an implication that we were squeeking by and that the website was taking it's toll on Cerium and those who were directly involved with it's founding, which I and others took to mean that the website was bleeding cash.

- Wait the forum is all misery ?
- Always has been.
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #22910 on: August 03, 2020, 04:28:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/polygon-games-need-to-return-to-black-and-white-morality.261174/

I’m surprised that RE is not for it. 

Also, lol that article is the worst shit...

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22911 on: August 03, 2020, 04:31:08 PM »
The fact is, moderation has been really really bad this past year. Haphazard, sloppy, inconsistent.

:yikes
And they thought we were the red hate machine.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22912 on: August 03, 2020, 04:41:36 PM »
Are an LLCs filings not public in america?

Clockwork5

« Reply #22913 on: August 03, 2020, 04:46:13 PM »
RE modmins are showing just how ridiculously bad they are at this. Let me give you some guidance.

First, let the malcontents clutter that bug reporting thread with their nonsense about thread tags ruining the site or whatever.
Then, ignore the thread.

It really is that easy.

BisMarckie

« Reply #22914 on: August 03, 2020, 04:47:34 PM »
Providing free labor for a for profit operation you can’t even put on your CV :girlaff

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22915 on: August 03, 2020, 04:52:55 PM »

This forum makes the mods and some of its users become weebs :existential

Can I blame being fat on this forum too?
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22916 on: August 03, 2020, 05:01:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/polygon-games-need-to-return-to-black-and-white-morality.261174/

wait why the fuck is era against this

games with grey morality are the worst kind of both sidesism

"but what if good guys were actually slightly bad...?" no shitlord, bad is bad and good needs to be supported 100% regardless of any short term failings it might have

you can't allow bad to be normalized by enabling those kinds of criticism of goodness, and empathizing with badness
Uncle

ShutUp

« Reply #22917 on: August 03, 2020, 05:04:15 PM »
Xbox announces the X-Men are exclusive to Xbox/PC, along with the announcement that online gaming is going free (like it's being rumored).

Both fandoms burn it all to the ground  :rejoice

ShutUp

« Reply #22918 on: August 03, 2020, 05:05:50 PM »

wait why the fuck is era against this

games with grey morality are the worst kind of both sidesism

"but what if good guys were actually slightly bad...?" no shitlord, bad is bad and good needs to be supported 100% regardless of any short term failings it might have

you can't allow bad to be normalized by enabling those kinds of criticism of goodness, and empathizing with badness

Nah we don't need Mary Sue and Gary Stu's to become the norm again.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:33:20 PM by ShutUp »

HaughtyFrank