Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136689 times)

SmokyDave

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #22620 on: July 30, 2020, 07:36:20 AM »
Ethnic is a synonym for not white so you can't argue ethnic prejudice against white people either :rollsafe
I thought after I posted that trying to explain the difference between ethnicity, race, and nationality would already be a total non-starter. See the Mercury Prize thread for instance.

Regardless, they've permabanned the dude now, hopefully he's learned his lesson. Or he joins GAF where they tell him he was right all along, 'the left' are the real racists, and then provide a ton of bite-sized unsourced 'facts' to really settle the guy in to his new home. Top work, activists of reset!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

BisMarckie

« Reply #22622 on: July 30, 2020, 07:50:05 AM »
Can confirm about gateway anime. At first I kinda  enjoyed the Persona series, next thing I know I ordered the Atelier Arland Trilogy.  :jgames

Snoopycat_

« Reply #22623 on: July 30, 2020, 08:39:22 AM »

Joe Rogan strikes again!

So Chicken Little has finally thrown away the last scraps of his dignity and made a Nazi relatives thread. Not even Hobbes has sunk to that level, and he tried to become KetKat 2.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22624 on: July 30, 2020, 08:49:21 AM »
Out of curiosity OP, where are you from?
Sweden
Well that's explains a lot.

typical swede
:snob

if racism is prejudice + power then what about in context of a forum that represents a microcosm of power structure where users know they'll be protected and backed up as long as their prejudice is directed at swedish people?  a place where the power resides in those who will always ban the swedish when they are exposed?
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22625 on: July 30, 2020, 09:07:15 AM »
SweComs! :maf
©@©™

pizzashit

« Reply #22626 on: July 30, 2020, 12:13:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-think-shin-megami-tensei-v-will-be-the-persona4-fire-emblem-awakening-xenoblade-chronicles-2-moment-for-the-series.257382/page-9

If you want to jump off a bridge, this thread will get you going.

"The story doesn't matter, we need Xenoblade Chronicles 2 stories and characters  :expert "

"Shin Megami Tensei obviously doesn't given a fuck, they should embrace it and just go full pokemon :soyface "

"ATLUS needs to tone the nihilism down"

"Frankly, as an agnostic, the anti-religious themes are kinda silly and unpalatable."
xenoblade 2 being the only jrpg switch had for a while made these nintendrones actually force themselves to like 2 hour long fights with mobs and a story generated by an ai who only watches seasonal anime

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22627 on: July 30, 2020, 12:28:03 PM »
A work colleague referenced Corbyn at the last election and over the space of a few days he said Corbyn will “take us back to the winter of discontent”. Searched the phrase on twitter and it was being pushed via far right twitter accounts. This stuff is inciduous, and its working.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_of_Discontent you fucking moron.
It's regularly brought up in UK politics talk because it was such a huge fuck up it basically gave the tories a free win for well over a decade.

Also;
inciduous

:trigger

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22628 on: July 30, 2020, 12:30:18 PM »
Ever since my brother joined a union and started working around old white dudes he's been saying some suspect shit. Dumbass is forgetting he's half Mexican passing as full white.

:noooo
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22629 on: July 30, 2020, 12:37:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-nigerian-great-grandfather-sold-slaves.258267/

This should result in some great conversation.

Shockingly, the site that treats systemic inequality like dollar shave club for white cishet men that they sign up to to get their daily privilege and oppression allowance but nobody else gets to sign up can't believe that any other cultures systems that were replaced as part of colonialism could have had their own systemic inequalities, or that the ethical standards they are judging by are themselves a part of a system, and not "natural law" where "everybody knows what wrong" even children.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22630 on: July 30, 2020, 12:47:58 PM »
First movie was good, rest were shit.

I know they really wanted to bring Darth Maul back, but as a spin off it just felt tonally off to the rest of the star wars canon

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #22631 on: July 30, 2020, 12:51:28 PM »
Starring Darth Deciduous.
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22632 on: July 30, 2020, 01:10:53 PM »
Those new thread subject tags are going to make a mockery of era refusal to seperate entertainment from politics when 90% of OT is going to be tagged equally as NEWS whether its about KFC introducing a new sriracha burger, John Krasinski and Emily Blunt sign up for the MCU Phase V Fantastic Four movie, or the Supreme Leader of Iran has just been assassinated by a US drone strike

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22633 on: July 30, 2020, 01:16:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/herman-cain-passes-away-from-covid-19.258612/

Is this that famous Era Empathy I hear so much about?
              /
:isthis

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22634 on: July 30, 2020, 01:22:24 PM »
Why is there a thread anytime TLp does literally anything? Seems fishy.

Swedish bots ?  :thinking
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22635 on: July 30, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »

/

While context will be taken into account, we do not welcome celebration or cheering for the death of public figures. Members that appear to be using an obituary thread as an opportunity to post vitriol will be moderated. There will be no shortage of opportunities to discuss the legacy of a public figure in other, later, threads. We simply do not want to celebrate death.

:idont

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22636 on: July 30, 2020, 01:45:11 PM »
Nothing stopping Progressives from putting out ads like this, except for the fact they're too busy shitting on the Democratic party.

Spicy.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22637 on: July 30, 2020, 01:53:03 PM »

/

While context will be taken into account, we do not welcome celebration or cheering for the death of public figures. Members that appear to be using an obituary thread as an opportunity to post vitriol will be moderated. There will be no shortage of opportunities to discuss the legacy of a public figure in other, later, threads. We simply do not want to celebrate death.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #22638 on: July 30, 2020, 01:55:38 PM »
re-occupy the germs, bismarkies of the world must be kept under the thumb

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #22640 on: July 30, 2020, 02:20:03 PM »
France  :yuck

bdoughty

« Reply #22641 on: July 30, 2020, 02:22:29 PM »
I'd rather watch anime as a failure

Is there another way for someone to watch anime?

« Reply #22642 on: July 30, 2020, 02:31:57 PM »
Remember when there was another white racism thread and no one commented on this post?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cwhy-can-you-be-racist-against-white-people-%E2%80%9D.201624/page-6#post-33539439

bdoughty

« Reply #22643 on: July 30, 2020, 02:49:54 PM »
Remember when there was another white racism thread and no one commented on this post?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cwhy-can-you-be-racist-against-white-people-%E2%80%9D.201624/page-6#post-33539439

Kids can be cruel. Kids in a pack can be ruthless. I would paint the kid in blackface and see how they respond, for science.

A couple people replied to that. One even found a way to blame the kids future whiteness of evil doings. With Ree logic it's amazing that we all have not all become mass-murderers.

The long term effects are going to be anger and resentment that will lead to malicious targeted use of their advantageous power dynamic once they become old enough to be cognizant of it.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22644 on: July 30, 2020, 03:12:48 PM »
When you have a bunch of black celebrities posting "Hitler was right" on twitter and you still don't consider maybe there's a flaw in your hypothesis that black people can't be racist and its worth revisiting first principles some dudes anecdote on a message board isn't going to cut it

ShutUp

« Reply #22645 on: July 30, 2020, 04:07:39 PM »

Kids can be cruel. Kids in a pack can be ruthless. I would paint the kid in blackface and see how they respond, for science.

A couple people replied to that. One even found a way to blame the kids future whiteness of evil doings. With Ree logic it's amazing that we all have not all become mass-murderers.

The long term effects are going to be anger and resentment that will lead to malicious targeted use of their advantageous power dynamic once they become old enough to be cognizant of it.

Ree logic also had mass panic back when Joker came out that theater shootings were going to be happening all across the country. That didn't happen at all so the narrative shifted to that despite the movie having a big opening weekend, it would drop dramatically second weekend onwards. After that didn't happen? Pretty much silence on discussion of the movie.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22646 on: July 30, 2020, 04:37:45 PM »
Ree logic also had mass panic back when Joker came out that theater shootings were going to be happening all across the country. That didn't happen at all so the narrative shifted to that despite the movie having a big opening weekend, it would drop dramatically second weekend onwards. After that didn't happen? Pretty much silence on discussion of the movie.

You're forgetting Korean Poverty Tourism As An Underlying Cause of Gentrification And Antiblackness

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Your argument basically boils down to if someone is arbitrarily rich (either in savings, income, or simply house rich) at a value that you've set, then they need to suck it up and deal with tourists by their homes, whereas someone who is below that arbitrary line should be able to setup an exclusion zone because reasons.
The argument is that rich folks can probably choose to live wherever they want, particularly so if they're living close enough to a world-famous tourist attraction that their daily commute routes are typically blocked with the foot traffic of people taking pictures or recreating iconic movie scenes, while the people in the Bronx using an ordinary staircase for their daily commute that wasn't all that special before being featured in Joker didn't have as much choice in the matter of where they lived, which is part of that pesky context that leaves me more sympathetic to the Bronx residents than some rich asshole who specifically chose to live 10 feet from the centuries' old Eiffel Tower.

The other part is that, yes, language also takes on different connotations depending upon the audience and speaker involved. This is why rich people who look down on poorer tourists are less sympathetic than poor people looking down on rich people. It's why I can call my romantic partner pet names and you can't. It's why I don't talk to my boss like I do my friends. It's why black people get the privilege of using the n-word without serious repercussion other than white tears. And on and on. The relationships between a speaker and an audience, or between different subjects in general, changes the meaning of certain language and thus one's emotional reaction to that language. Again, this is something I shouldn't have to explain.
:delicious
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22647 on: July 30, 2020, 04:47:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/california-pizza-kitchen-files-for-bankruptcy.258849/
Quote from: geomon
I wasn't impressed, so...yeah. Hope the employees are able to find better work.

They're always so caring on reeee.    :'(
ど助平

Yulwei

« Reply #22648 on: July 30, 2020, 05:38:51 PM »

The moral panic surrounding that movie was hilarious. journalists and pronouns gang twitter wanted that movie to fail very, very badly. They spent months leading up to the release scaremongering people about a movie they hadn’t seen to the point that the studio had to put out a statement.

BikeJesus

« Reply #22649 on: July 30, 2020, 05:58:05 PM »

/

Not a single ban in that thread, despite post like this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/herman-cain-passes-away-from-covid-19.258612/post-41180994

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22650 on: July 30, 2020, 06:08:51 PM »

/

Not a single ban in that thread, despite post like this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/herman-cain-passes-away-from-covid-19.258612/post-41180994

(Image removed from quote.)

As always it's RE pretending that they're better than the rest of the internet that bothers me most.

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #22651 on: July 30, 2020, 06:32:01 PM »
something something, right side of history, something something.

benita

« Reply #22652 on: July 30, 2020, 06:33:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/taylor-swift-fans-doxx-journalist-send-death-threats-for-only-giving-her-new-album-an-8-0.258861/post-41194629

...what is with people who care so much anyway

Same post...

...as a former musician if I was still active and was in any way involved with an album that got an 8 from pitchfork of all places I would be ecstatic and bragging about it for months.

:confused

nudemacusers

« Reply #22653 on: July 30, 2020, 07:04:16 PM »
CNN: US to withdraw nearly 12,000 troops from Germany in move that will cost billions and take years
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-us-to-withdraw-nearly-12-000-troops-from-germany-in-move-that-will-cost-billions-and-take-years.258039/
this is very very bad. this is really looking to destabilize the EU if this is the case. what the hell.
This will destabilize NATO
Amazing how Trump's actions keep benefiting Russia. Crazy coincidence, right?
Said it in another thread, this is a disaster.
Quote from: Stinkles
“Biden to immediately undo ridiculous Trump treason at huge expense to taxpayer”
:holeup :PP
Quote from: moblin
That this is even somewhat controversial demonstrates how utterly and completely the neoconservatives won the argument w/r/t foreign policy.
:kermit
lol i'm all for it. stuttgart sux so i'd rather have my government funded travel send me to belgium :rejoice
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22654 on: July 30, 2020, 07:45:05 PM »
Trump’s weird “nuclear proliferation is worse than climate change” is instructions from his handler. Putin is going to negotiate a one sided nuclear arms deal with Trump. If he tries to accelerate that between now and November-January at least we can take some comfort in knowing the Fix is not definitely in.

Unlike Global Warming, Nuclear Proliferation is very cool and necessary! :maf
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22655 on: July 30, 2020, 07:54:20 PM »
The nuclear bombs will be safe with Uncle Joe kids :biden
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #22656 on: July 30, 2020, 08:29:53 PM »
Pedos, Pedos Everywhere =

Ever since I moved into a housing community I noticed parents post their child’s name and birthday/age/school in front of their lawns. Why? Are you wanting to invite someone to kidnap your kids? I’m dumbfounded beyond rational thought when we hear everyday someone abducts a child.

zepblackstar

« Reply #22657 on: July 30, 2020, 08:51:04 PM »
I support that congressman, the anime is out of control

https://twitter.com/nichegamer/status/1288927483362975746

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #22658 on: July 30, 2020, 10:18:58 PM »
are those femoral arteries?

so with this tag system, how long before someone writes a jscript/plugin/extension to hide OT content? no more why women hate vidya games... maybe i should make a poll, see how long it takes to get banned when results aren't in mods favour....

blame space

« Reply #22659 on: July 30, 2020, 10:48:09 PM »
wow yeah that’s a great point you fucking idiot

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22660 on: July 31, 2020, 12:40:56 AM »
CNN: US to withdraw nearly 12,000 troops from Germany in move that will cost billions and take years
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-us-to-withdraw-nearly-12-000-troops-from-germany-in-move-that-will-cost-billions-and-take-years.258039/
this is very very bad. this is really looking to destabilize the EU if this is the case. what the hell.
“Biden to immediately undo ridiculous Trump treason at huge expense to taxpayer”
That this is even somewhat controversial demonstrates how utterly and completely the neoconservatives won the argument w/r/t foreign policy.
lol i'm all for it. stuttgart sux so i'd rather have my government funded travel send me to belgium :rejoice
Definitely would've pegged you as a hopeful Italy expat, does Belgium have some crazy fashion scene I'm unaware of?

Actually yeah there's a handful of Belgian designers that have some cred IIRC.
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #22661 on: July 31, 2020, 12:50:27 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-some-more-news-on-the-lincoln-project-project.258669/post-41202735
It is not just the Lincoln project. Its something I have been worried about for years. Everytime a republican "defects" to the democratic party there is a real chance it will infect them with their horrible ideas. Eventually the democrats will be so conservative that there will be nothing left. It will only get worse as more come over. The left is going to need a new party soon.

I think the disconnect here is the assumption that the DNC won't continue to court Lincoln Project types over the progressive wing of the party once Trump is gone-because they will. The DNC establishment does not like or wish to move in the direction the progressive wing of the party does, and a group that cultivates 'moderate' or right wing support for the DNC will be favored by party leadership, 100%.

Quote from: Messofanego
If their ultimate goal is to court centrist Democrats and liberals to the right, that's something to be very concerned about and makes them come off as grifters. It might be convenient in this very moment that their goal might align with liberals or democrats but after the election, if Trump does lose, their ultimate motive will come to fruition so this is a cautionary tale.

A republican could cure cancer and these morons would refuse to take the treatment.
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22662 on: July 31, 2020, 01:15:19 AM »
I don't think it's unwarranted to examine who The Lincoln Project are, why they're convenience bedfellows at the moment and what influence they could exert. The Dem Party does have a tendency to get suckered to the middle and borderline delusions of bipartisanship.

But sure, let them barrage Trump too. You just wonder why Dems don't cut as incisive ads now and TLP is getting all the spotlight.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22663 on: July 31, 2020, 01:37:42 AM »
And I think it makes sense if you prefer stable and bad vs. chaos and bad. W. Bush's Presidency was "well this shit sucks, but I think we can make it until the next election to get this country on the right track."

:angryjoe
It wasn't exactly fringe to believe Bush the younger was illegitimate and stole his election. Or, while less mainstream, that he was either responsible or complicit in 9/11 or that his administration was paving the way to cancel the 2008 elections.
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #22665 on: July 31, 2020, 03:08:22 AM »
Definitely would've pegged you as a hopeful Italy expat, does Belgium have some crazy fashion scene I'm unaware of?
kids these days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antwerp_Six

but more to the point stuttgart sux and I've been told NATO cafeterias (ie SHAPE in Casteau) serve wine. I have priorities here.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benita

« Reply #22667 on: July 31, 2020, 04:38:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/less-people-in-my-life-the-better.259101/post-41221251

Quote from: blame space
fewer people

Dude cops to depression and this piece of shit decides to correct his grammar.

nudemacusers

« Reply #22668 on: July 31, 2020, 04:40:35 AM »
depression or no there are rules to this shit :nothot
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #22669 on: July 31, 2020, 04:51:49 AM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Making light of a sensitive topic

Great, hope I can use it next time that I am summoned to do reserve service.
:rage how dare you

benjipwns

« Reply #22670 on: July 31, 2020, 04:54:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dnc-platform-committee-once-again-overwhelmingly-embraces-genocidal-ethnostate-israel-in-recent-vote.257328/

Surprised that thread title is allowed considering the rules on Israel-Palestine topics.
User Banned (1 Month): Invoking Anti-Semitic Tropes

Again a reminder that neither party has the best interests of the average AMERICAN citizen at heart. The vast majority of them are bought by Israel.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22671 on: July 31, 2020, 05:03:34 AM »
Dunking the left because they proposed something not popular and problematic is great to see.

Come back next time when you've built popular support for your positions.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #22672 on: July 31, 2020, 05:09:00 AM »
Have we got a solution for the nuclear waste yet?
Vom annihilated in one easy post

HaughtyFrank

nudemacusers

« Reply #22675 on: July 31, 2020, 05:35:34 AM »
latinos didn't wholesale buy into latinx, can we even trust them to take care of themselves?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

SmokyDave

« Reply #22676 on: July 31, 2020, 05:47:17 AM »
Meanwhile the whole thread is filled with Latinos saying that they don't mind or even like it
Yeah, but what would latinx posters know about that shit? They need to sit down and listen.

Edit: Ah fuck me. Top of the page just to repeat a joke Mac already made. MODS HELP.

Coronation St Tits provided by GreatSage:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 05:56:24 AM by SmokyDave »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #22677 on: July 31, 2020, 05:51:25 AM »
latinox are the true whites :brain
(ice)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #22678 on: July 31, 2020, 06:43:33 AM »
Yeah that's why you aren't a prick to CS reps who are already getting a shitty deal, good on him deleting that pricks account.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22679 on: July 31, 2020, 06:49:42 AM »
Have we got a solution for the nuclear waste yet?
Vom annihilated in one easy post

lies and only lies as usual.
ὕβρις