Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136452 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #30900 on: November 24, 2020, 03:25:15 AM »
Resetera is so insane they think that the "the next missles will be sent by a woman" comic isn't anti-war, or anti-united states foreign policy, it's anti-Hillary. I don't visit PolIEra or whatever it's called, but is it really that contentious to be anti-dronestrike, or anti-"poorly-executed-dronestrike"?

Maybe it's happening too far away from them to care. Maybe if it was an pro-blm comic like "they say the next cop to to get away with killing an unarmed black man is going to be a woman" or something.

SmokyDave

« Reply #30901 on: November 24, 2020, 04:10:28 AM »
Space Buns. Problematic, but delicious.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

ringlow

« Reply #30902 on: November 24, 2020, 04:13:29 AM »
Reset is the biggest game of Mafia ever played.
I dont think this description can ever be topped.

Does this forum have some sort of feed of news this can go into?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #30903 on: November 24, 2020, 04:16:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-42#post-52338251

User Banend (5 days): Avatar shaming and antagonizing another member; account in junior phase.

Boy, I wonder who made this ban  :teehee
Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #30904 on: November 24, 2020, 04:32:55 AM »
(ice)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30905 on: November 24, 2020, 04:34:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-42#post-52338251

User Banend (5 days): Avatar shaming and antagonizing another member; account in junior phase.

Boy, I wonder who made this ban  :teehee

You'd think ban messages could be automated and made into a form to ease the mods jobs but imagining them having to type all of this every time. :lol
ὕβρις

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #30906 on: November 24, 2020, 04:36:18 AM »
Would I be able to get away with my fentanyl the Chicom dragon avi on ree :hmm
(ice)

BIONIC

« Reply #30909 on: November 24, 2020, 06:24:12 AM »
Quote from: ARobotCalledV, post: 52367699, member: 78729
I'm honestly disappointed in a lot of the posts in this thread. There is nuance here and the issue shouldn't be taken at face value with no inspection.

Yes, the tweet is getting unnecessarily attacked but, the erasure of what the hair style is by calling it and transforming it into something else, disregards the representation and forgoes the attempted inclusiveness. Anyone can do whatever with their animal crossing avatar, but you should respect the importance of the hairstyle being included and the conversation surrounding the history behind it.

When something is being adopted, the culture needs to be respected and not consumed to the point of being washed out.

:social2  :social  :social2
Margs

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30910 on: November 24, 2020, 06:35:45 AM »
Playing Japanese games as a Westerner, in 2020, is quite problematic in itself, tbh.  :thinking
And what about the American imperialistic need to have it be "translated" in English? :thinking :thinking

BIONIC

« Reply #30911 on: November 24, 2020, 07:24:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-43#post-52369508

Quote from: Messofanego, post: 52369508, member: 1159
When you're so privileged that microtransactions affect you personally on such a level but other real life abuse doesn't.

When you’re so privileged that having your parents buy you a wife still makes you a feminist in the eyes of ree.
Margs

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #30912 on: November 24, 2020, 07:28:29 AM »
being forced into a marrying a man seems pretty abusive to me. But he's privileged enough to have gotten the handout from mommy and daddy.

https://twitter.com/messofanego/status/1329173912962392064

If I had him as a therapist, I'd off myself no questions asked :killme
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 07:33:08 AM by Ghoul »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30914 on: November 24, 2020, 08:35:20 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30915 on: November 24, 2020, 08:50:24 AM »
Would I be able to get away with my fentanyl the Chicom dragon avi on ree :hmm
???

BIONIC

« Reply #30916 on: November 24, 2020, 08:50:54 AM »
At worst, the “misgendering” was probably using ‘they.’

Which is a totally valid way to refer to a singular individual, and you’re a bigot for not accepting that  :idont
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30917 on: November 24, 2020, 09:02:19 AM »

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #30918 on: November 24, 2020, 09:03:50 AM »
Paul Blart Disney Cop

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #30919 on: November 24, 2020, 09:10:51 AM »
Best part of the video is the end when Snoop reminds the audience that even though Lady of Rage is a good rapper, she’s still a hoe that he doesn’t give a shit about.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 09:22:48 AM by Straight Edge »
Oi Oi

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #30920 on: November 24, 2020, 09:26:06 AM »

Surely intentional misgendering would be worse

PogiJones

« Reply #30921 on: November 24, 2020, 09:40:53 AM »
PoliERA have been having a feast lately. Gaslighting. Sniping. Snark come backs. They have been getting all sorts of lefties on ERA banned for annoying them by reminding them Dems ain't shit either in many cases.
lately
:ohyou

Ghoul

« Reply #30922 on: November 24, 2020, 09:52:58 AM »
PoliERA have been having a feast lately. Gaslighting. Sniping. Snark come backs. They have been getting all sorts of lefties on ERA banned for annoying them by reminding them Dems ain't shit either in many cases.
lately

Who the hell are you?!

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30924 on: November 24, 2020, 10:01:44 AM »
User Banned (3 days): Hostility
There's a lot of insufferable assholes in ResetERA who enjoy trying to drag everyone down to their pit of misery where nothing can ever be good because their life sucks and they're suffering more than anyone, or so they claim.

Fucking ignore them. You can stay informed about the world around you, but the minute you see a defeatist idiot trying to tell you there's no hope for the world, you can just "tell" them to fuck off with the ignore option. It's not a lack of empathy, I'm just not in the mood to play sadness olympics with defeatist faceless users who think they're doing good by "saying it like it is" or whatever it's happening inside their warped minds. But I hope they find the help they need, I truly do.

:confused

..."hostility"?

something something hit dog something

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #30925 on: November 24, 2020, 10:16:52 AM »
OrIok
Yesterday at 9:03 PM
I feel exactly the opposite after a browsing session, because this place is an extremely reliable source of laughs. I always feel 10x better about myself after reading some of the shit posted here.

Bore membership when?
Oi Oi

PogiJones

« Reply #30926 on: November 24, 2020, 10:42:44 AM »
lately

Who the hell are you?!
:fbm

paprikastaude

« Reply #30927 on: November 24, 2020, 12:14:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-–-playstation-gameplay.332282/

:drudge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30928 on: November 24, 2020, 12:22:28 PM »
OrIok
Yesterday at 9:03 PM
I feel exactly the opposite after a browsing session, because this place is an extremely reliable source of laughs. I always feel 10x better about myself after reading some of the shit posted here.

Bore membership when?
also my bb marzoo  :shaq

Odrion

« Reply #30929 on: November 24, 2020, 12:40:38 PM »
Quote from: Akira
Well honestly, the past decade or so has made me into an optimistic nihilist. I've already accepted the apocalypse, fascism, mass suffering, my demise, my mortality, the afterlife, what have you. So no level of bad news---whether it's Trump attempting to undermine democracy, or reports about impending climate disaster---can truly bring me down at this point. That is how I stay alive.

Life is about having fun and we as individuals are largely powerless to change humanity's fate, especially as a few thousand people in a tight-knit, very progressive forum. We're a small drop in a vast ocean of ignorance. I use Etcetera as an outlet to vent and then I go right back to having fun. You don't have to carry this baggage around with you all day long. Quite the contrary: if you let it drag you down, it will legitimately start to damage your mental health and will seriously ruin your life. I know because it ruined mine.

I feel like a shadow creature in the abyss. Someone existing just for the hell of it embracing absurdism, without trying to prescribe any meaning to the insanity swirling around me. Years of subsisting on the Internet in one way or another broke me, I guess. You gain a thick skin after a while and start to disassociate. For me it started off as activism, then compassion fatigue and burnout, then existential dread, then suicidal ideation, and then finally sheer ambivalence as a method of self-preservation.

Kind of like the mental equivalent of living in NYC. You arrive starry-eyed (I gave $20 to the first old woman I saw on the street corner asking me for money when I first moved here), but as the years roll on, the dissociation grows to a point that your eyes legitimately gloss over the fifth time you get asked for money on the same subway ride. The beggars in front of you don't even register after a while, but I donate to the city shelters and food bank every year.

On the flipside, it did wonders for my creativity. I now love to read and daydream, I switch between fictional worlds and the real world in my mind on a whim, and I can brainstorm novels effortlessly because of it.

The best thing anyone here can do for their mental health is escape as much as you can. Escape the news. Escape social media. Escape Resetera. Escape the Internet. Have fun and go off into fantasy.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk, folks.

:kobeyuck
._.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30930 on: November 24, 2020, 12:41:45 PM »
they picked shameika of all songs on the album  ::)

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #30932 on: November 24, 2020, 01:40:42 PM »
Not sure why so many folks around here seem allergic to the "ignore" feature. It's here to address this very issue, as well as others. Don't hesitate to make free use of it. You won't be banned for it.

I'm sure TransEra would disagree.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30933 on: November 24, 2020, 01:45:02 PM »
"Videogame forum awkwardly trying to avoid discussing the biggest game of the generation, with increasingly unlikely excuses."

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30934 on: November 24, 2020, 01:53:49 PM »
Quote from: Akira
Well honestly, the past decade or so has made me into an optimistic nihilist. I've already accepted the apocalypse, fascism, mass suffering, my demise, my mortality, the afterlife, what have you. So no level of bad news---whether it's Trump attempting to undermine democracy, or reports about impending climate disaster---can truly bring me down at this point. That is how I stay alive.

Life is about having fun and we as individuals are largely powerless to change humanity's fate, especially as a few thousand people in a tight-knit, very progressive forum. We're a small drop in a vast ocean of ignorance. I use Etcetera as an outlet to vent and then I go right back to having fun. You don't have to carry this baggage around with you all day long. Quite the contrary: if you let it drag you down, it will legitimately start to damage your mental health and will seriously ruin your life. I know because it ruined mine.

I feel like a shadow creature in the abyss. Someone existing just for the hell of it embracing absurdism, without trying to prescribe any meaning to the insanity swirling around me. Years of subsisting on the Internet in one way or another broke me, I guess. You gain a thick skin after a while and start to disassociate. For me it started off as activism, then compassion fatigue and burnout, then existential dread, then suicidal ideation, and then finally sheer ambivalence as a method of self-preservation.

Kind of like the mental equivalent of living in NYC. You arrive starry-eyed (I gave $20 to the first old woman I saw on the street corner asking me for money when I first moved here), but as the years roll on, the dissociation grows to a point that your eyes legitimately gloss over the fifth time you get asked for money on the same subway ride. The beggars in front of you don't even register after a while, but I donate to the city shelters and food bank every year.

On the flipside, it did wonders for my creativity. I now love to read and daydream, I switch between fictional worlds and the real world in my mind on a whim, and I can brainstorm novels effortlessly because of it.

The best thing anyone here can do for their mental health is escape as much as you can. Escape the news. Escape social media. Escape Resetera. Escape the Internet. Have fun and go off into fantasy.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk, folks.

:kobeyuck
Ted talk? More like edgy myspace page.  :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30935 on: November 24, 2020, 01:54:20 PM »

Which is a totally valid way to refer to a singular individual, and you’re a bigot for not accepting that  :idont

I can see era mods banning for not using the very specific pronouns the user has chosen

Report: This user is being abusive toward the other user they're replying to. Said user has been hostile like this for multiple pages.

Banned (1 month): Impersonal language directed toward a user who explicitly requested to be referred to as female
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #30936 on: November 24, 2020, 02:02:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cute-space-buns-3-or-should-white-ac-nh-players-be-able-to-use-the-new-hairstyles.331940/page-5

I want to stress to all the white people in this thread that this is, in fact, racist.

Do I think it was intentional? Not really. Does OP's intention make it any less racist? Not at all. Does OP's intention, or lack thereof, determine if OP is racist or not? Sure.

Your character in Animal Crossing is meant to be a reflection of your self. And giving yourself a hairstyle explicitly meant for people with Afro-textured is a form of digital blackface. OP is a white person who chose to give their video game avatar a black person's hair style and therefore, intentionally or not, be represented in game as a black person — it's in the same vein as a white person using black/brown-skinned emojis online.

And before you ask what makes a hairstyle explicitly "black" please look it up yourself — they're are plenty of resources online meant to educate people on the intricacies of black hair.

:dolezal
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30937 on: November 24, 2020, 02:08:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cute-space-buns-3-or-should-white-ac-nh-players-be-able-to-use-the-new-hairstyles.331940/page-5

I want to stress to all the white people in this thread that this is, in fact, racist.

Do I think it was intentional? Not really. Does OP's intention make it any less racist? Not at all. Does OP's intention, or lack thereof, determine if OP is racist or not? Sure.

Your character in Animal Crossing is meant to be a reflection of your self. And giving yourself a hairstyle explicitly meant for people with Afro-textured is a form of digital blackface. OP is a white person who chose to give their video game avatar a black person's hair style and therefore, intentionally or not, be represented in game as a black person — it's in the same vein as a white person using black/brown-skinned emojis online.

And before you ask what makes a hairstyle explicitly "black" please look it up yourself — they're are plenty of resources online meant to educate people on the intricacies of black hair.

:dolezal

https://twitter.com/stardewleaf/status/1329862461214830592

:iface

paprikastaude

« Reply #30938 on: November 24, 2020, 02:08:43 PM »
"Your character in Animal Crossing is meant to be a reflection of your self."

baby game in which you dress up cartoon blobs and deformed animals is serious business

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30939 on: November 24, 2020, 02:30:43 PM »
"Your character in Animal Crossing is meant to be a reflection of your self."

baby game in which you dress up cartoon blobs and deformed animals is serious business

all those people who made a second switch account just so they can decorate a second house and dress up with an opposite gender character gonna be surprised to learn they're now a system with headmates and fictives
:brain
Uncle

BIONIC

« Reply #30940 on: November 24, 2020, 03:10:27 PM »
I guess I’m a sexist racist for making my villager a white redhead chick as a brown man  :juicy
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30941 on: November 24, 2020, 03:11:56 PM »
outing yourself playing as wendy on a taco bell forum  :kobeyuck
Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30942 on: November 24, 2020, 03:23:47 PM »
User banned (5 days): inappropriate armchair diagnosis

Scalpers suck and, I'm sorry OP but it's true, people who pay twice the price of a videogame console because they can't wait a few more weeks and hurt others in doing so are the very definition of a looser. If you didn't do what you did, scalpers wouldn't have reduced the available stock and maybe you'd have found a console. Next time you feel an urge like this, I'd recommend rather talking to a therapist.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30943 on: November 24, 2020, 03:51:34 PM »
Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30944 on: November 24, 2020, 03:58:34 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30945 on: November 24, 2020, 04:09:54 PM »
boys club rhetoric :wag

Boredfrom

« Reply #30946 on: November 24, 2020, 04:51:34 PM »
It seems rather extreme when the whole internet kinda piles on you, but I understand where they are coming from. And the suggestion of some folks in this thread demanding that black people should suck this feeling of discomfort and disrespect up is just awful. Intentional or not, people call these things out so that they don't happen in the future.

Growing up hair was always a difficult topic for female family members so the response is not suprising to me. White people just don't understand the struggle and complexity of black hair. Same with the natural hair movement and white women appropriating the word big chop.

“Harassment is okay when minorities (lol) do it”.

Piece of shit forum.

. And now you see why people are annoyed by the “space buns” nomenclature it basically makes it seem like a cultural hair style Is some kind of costume piece. and that’s really the main issue if you unfold some of the off kilter responses. 

Is literally a costume piece in the context of that game you damn bitch ass ignorant asshole.

Boredfrom

« Reply #30947 on: November 24, 2020, 04:55:31 PM »
Another fucking drama started by a medium article, YOU ASSHOLES NEVER LEARN YOU FUCKING IDIOTS ARE LIKE TRUMPTARDS:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/toxic-misogyny-behind-the-scenes-of-patriot-act-with-hasan-minhaj.332408/

Quote from: Wrenchninja
was second guessing even posting this because the claims are vague but then, would these women who worked on the show come out at all if it was nothing? It's hard enough saying anything at all.

BECAUSE PITY POINTS AND ATTENTION YOU DUMB ASSHOLE, HOW MANY YEARS ALL OF YOU KEEP REPEATING THE SAME MISTAKE!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:59:37 PM by Boredfrom »

nudemacusers

« Reply #30948 on: November 24, 2020, 04:58:12 PM »
I for one have never heard of indian guys being misogynistic :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30949 on: November 24, 2020, 05:00:23 PM »
is he the "how can she slap guy"  ???

nudemacusers

« Reply #30950 on: November 24, 2020, 05:16:01 PM »
is he the "how can she slap guy"  ???
they are most likely related  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30951 on: November 24, 2020, 05:23:19 PM »
esch's fam sure are an interesting bunch  ;)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30952 on: November 24, 2020, 07:07:50 PM »
Another fucking drama started by a medium article, YOU ASSHOLES NEVER LEARN YOU FUCKING IDIOTS ARE LIKE TRUMPTARDS:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/toxic-misogyny-behind-the-scenes-of-patriot-act-with-hasan-minhaj.332408/

was second guessing even posting this because the claims are vague but then, would these women who worked on the show come out at all if it was nothing? It's hard enough saying anything at all.

BECAUSE PITY POINTS AND ATTENTION YOU DUMB ASSHOLE, HOW MANY YEARS ALL OF YOU KEEP REPEATING THE SAME MISTAKE!

there's this whole throng of people saying "uh what exactly are the allegations" "I'm sorry what, this is too vague" and it's intermixed with people randomly popping up like

Quote from: Mariolee
Hasan needs to say something right now. How disappointing.

say what to address what  ???
:neogaf
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #30953 on: November 24, 2020, 07:19:51 PM »
Developer at DICE doesn't care about awards. I wonder why

I am not one to care about awards, but studio of the year for a place that crunches like hell? Fascinating, would be quite interested to learn about their reasoning around this choice. :)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-last-of-us-2-wins-game-of-the-year-at-golden-joystick-awards-and-hades-wins-critics-choice-awards-other-winners-inside.332462/page-4

ShutUp

« Reply #30954 on: November 24, 2020, 07:27:51 PM »
The day they find out how much crunch happens across businesses world wide will be a fun one.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #30955 on: November 24, 2020, 07:30:41 PM »

there's this whole throng of people saying "uh what exactly are the allegations" "I'm sorry what, this is too vague" and it's intermixed with people randomly popping up like

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/nov/24/hasan-minhaj-vanity-fair-actor-of-color

After reading this I really do believe Hasan Minhaj is a psychopath.

FUME5

« Reply #30956 on: November 24, 2020, 07:54:53 PM »
User banned (5 days): inappropriate armchair diagnosis

Scalpers suck and, I'm sorry OP but it's true, people who pay twice the price of a videogame console because they can't wait a few more weeks and hurt others in doing so are the very definition of a looser. If you didn't do what you did, scalpers wouldn't have reduced the available stock and maybe you'd have found a console. Next time you feel an urge like this, I'd recommend rather talking to a therapist.

You have enough disposable income to buy a PS5 from a scalper cause you can't get one anywhere else? You obviously have issues, see a therapist.

Boredfrom

« Reply #30957 on: November 24, 2020, 08:09:17 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/nov/24/hasan-minhaj-vanity-fair-actor-of-color

After reading this I really do believe Hasan Minhaj is a psychopath.

What followed was an honest diatribe about the pressures men of color are forced to navigate when it comes to fame and success. “Dax is part of a thing where, in show business, there’s this whole movement of ‘approachable white dudes’,” Minhaj expressed before visibly hesitating a beat. “Whereas with men of color it’s like Idris Elba, Henry Golding, Zayn Malik – or you work in IT. There’s no middle.”

If you are unsure whether Minhaj is right, consider that actor Kevin James continues to get paid millions for panned films such as Grown Ups 2 and Paul Blart: Mall Cop, while Minhaj’s own Peabody and Emmy-winning Netflix show was cancelled after only two years.

:brain

That is a galaxy brain take.

nudemacusers

« Reply #30959 on: November 24, 2020, 08:29:05 PM »
I am lucky. I haven't had cable TV for over 17 so I don't watch girlie guys. I watch DVDs like Gunsmoke, The Rifleman & Rawhide. Absolutely, no girlie-men on any of those shows. The fact is that perverts or queers always get on cable TV for their 15 minutes (or is 5 minutes) of glory. The normal people, like me & 95% of the population never are on TV. If you are crazy the media chases you like a bear chasing honey. Such is the world. I prefer watching Marshall Dillon, Lucas McCane & Gil Favour (head driver on Rawhide). None of these guys every shaved their legs or put on perfume. Maybe they are like me so maybe that is why I watch them. You, you can watch what turns you on! LOL
this dude sounds gay af tbh
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽