Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136230 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #30840 on: November 23, 2020, 02:17:07 PM »
What exactly do they think people use the ignore feature for?

WEAPONISED TRANSPHOBIC OPPRESSION :wag

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #30841 on: November 23, 2020, 02:22:11 PM »
I can't believe 93% of trans people were killed by CD Projekt Red.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #30842 on: November 23, 2020, 02:25:10 PM »
Before posting in the Cyberpunk thread, please check this box to agree that you have read and agree with the Cyberpunk and Transphobia thread.
rub

jorma

« Reply #30844 on: November 23, 2020, 02:30:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-episode-5-ot-time-moves-in-one-direction-memory-in-another-media-impressions-in-the-op.328655/page-29#post-52301591

Quote from: ivan.k, post: 52298516, member: 37054
It's one of the biggest games this generation. Cyberpunk 2077 release is a goddamn EVENT. Literally. And all new information is hidden in this megathread. It's not comfortable to go here for new news. Somehow "new news = new thread" is not allowed for CP2077 but allowed for everything else.
Quote from: Altairre, post: 52299467, member: 2788
You know exactly why. There's a thread stickied that you should really look at if you truly haven't figured it out.
Quote from: ivan.k, post: 52300991, member: 37054
I truly don't
(Image removed from quote.)
Quote from: Kyrona, post: 52301591, member: 74290
Does ignoring a user hide their threads?  If so this is kind of a case in point for some of the arguments put forth as to why the ignore feature is bad.

Deplatforming works!  :rofl

he really was banned for weaponised ignoring  :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30845 on: November 23, 2020, 02:35:10 PM »
Self defence against an attempted murder in the digital realm.
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #30846 on: November 23, 2020, 02:39:08 PM »
I love that Viewtiful can talk shit

That annoying intersectionality striking back

The sticky thread is legit post after post of people running back to that thread to say “geez can you believe these idiots on this website???” Shit is really coming to a head rn and December when there’s a dozen threads on the front page it’s gonna get crazy, lot of warnings, lot of bans, lot of [SEE STAFF POST]. Remember how many threads the last of us 2 got, now just expand from there. Good luck to the mods next month, bro.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30847 on: November 23, 2020, 02:58:35 PM »
And I would appreciate not being called "Dawg" it is a vulgar word even it if it didn't come with connotations towards "bitch".
I wasn't gonna post in Cyperpunk threads to stand with the Trans community but this reeks of anti-blackness and classism 🤢 It's literally just slang

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff

:aah

SmokyDave

« Reply #30848 on: November 23, 2020, 02:59:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-episode-5-ot-time-moves-in-one-direction-memory-in-another-media-impressions-in-the-op.328655/page-31#post-52317305
Quote from: raeaburame
Quote from: lamptramp
And I would appreciate not being called "Dawg" it is a vulgar word even it if it didn't come with connotations towards "bitch".
I wasn't gonna post in Cyperpunk threads to stand with the Trans community but this reeks of anti-blackness and classism 🤢 It's literally just slang

Oh dear, someone needs to check the flowchart to see which user is the nazi bigot and who is the marginalised victim.

thetylerrob

« Reply #30849 on: November 23, 2020, 03:03:05 PM »
Trans era actually chasing droves of people off the board is the funniest shit

Averon

« Reply #30850 on: November 23, 2020, 03:17:04 PM »
Biden won the election and yet ERA still seems to be as miserable as ever.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30851 on: November 23, 2020, 03:18:23 PM »
This is not a "gaming forum first and foremost", no. It's a community that has specific underlying principles. We can argue all day about how this actually pans out, but this is not the place to come to call for people who "just want to talk about video games".

If all this talk gets in the way of you discussing a game, you could easily go elsewhere to do it.

This just in, Resetera isn't a gaming forum.

Leaves the question what kind of forum it actually is

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30852 on: November 23, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »
Biden won the election and yet ERA still seems to be as miserable as ever.
:trumps

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #30854 on: November 23, 2020, 03:47:18 PM »
Their principles are fluid and ever-changing just like their genders.

:rodney
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #30855 on: November 23, 2020, 03:48:31 PM »
While the user might have ignored the OP of the thread, the thread itself is linked in the thread reply-banner for everyone to see, and is very difficult to miss, which may indicate bad faith on this user regardless. Users are free to repeal bans through the contact links, so we don’t need to discuss this further here.
:doge

If LampTramp didn't want to be referred to as "dawg" because she felt it was a gendered term (which it really isn't, but thats not the point), I would 100% understand that. But to call it vulgar and compare it to an actual, real life slur? At best it's anti-black, at worst it's actively violent considering this site's history with policing AAVE and black slang.

Marzoo was banned for misgendering a member (whose pronouns were clearly marked) in a report. Her ban duration is under admin review at the moment, and Marzoo is welcome to appeal this ban through the contact us link. Also, this thread is not to be used to re-litigate bans.

thetylerrob

« Reply #30856 on: November 23, 2020, 03:48:31 PM »
Oh my god TELL me about it. I almost never comment on here because of all the hate I get for trans (demi-two spirit, but more fluid), and just today alone i cried so much i stained my brand new sequined Bebe top and matching school girl skirt.😢

And then my older brother keeps calling me for money, mind you this same POS molested me as a child and got away it.

I JUST...CANT EVEN TODAY.
:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #30857 on: November 23, 2020, 03:49:40 PM »
Bit weird that flooding the forum with hype threads is fine but "hostility" to people being willfully obtuse is what warrants a ban. Kind of reinforces my point I made in this thread, really. This entire thread is full of trans people feeling genuinely unwelcome because of the blind hype surrounding some AAA game but you call someone a bootlicker for hammering in on suvivorship bias and redefining "preservation" to the point of meaninglessness and that's just too much.

Banning "hostility" is just a way to tone police in a professional way. The fact there was apparently *another* hype thread again makes it clear that the mods here favor band-aid solutions against "bad actors" over tackling the more "silent" issues that cause way more damage. What a joke.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30858 on: November 23, 2020, 03:50:29 PM »
Marzoo was banned for misgendering a member (whose pronouns were clearly marked) in a report. Her ban duration is under admin review at the moment, and Marzoo is welcome to appeal this ban through the contact us link. Also, this thread is not to be used to re-litigate bans.

in a report

:titus
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #30859 on: November 23, 2020, 03:52:22 PM »
The annoying part is that most of us don’t want to be aggressive or hostile. But when we approach in a docile fashion we just get ignored, so we have to push harder. It’s lose-lose for us because when we want to be heard we have to be so confrontational, which then just gives bad actors firepower because ‘lol sjw’s’.
The deliberate ignoring to replies has really, really upset me more than anything else TBH.

benjipwns

« Reply #30860 on: November 23, 2020, 03:54:09 PM »
Quote from: Persephone
era claims to be a progressive haven on the internet but it's transphobic, racist, misogynistic and ableist as fuck lmao

benjipwns

« Reply #30861 on: November 23, 2020, 03:55:45 PM »
I can only imaging one specific poster refusing to reply to me despite me never addressing them prior (or being this "militant" until today) comes down to them being a coward, a whining asinine coward, or just ignoring people they don't want to hear.
:delicious

paprikastaude

« Reply #30862 on: November 23, 2020, 04:04:25 PM »
The annoying part is that most of us don’t want to be aggressive or hostile. But when we approach in a docile fashion we just get ignored, so we have to push harder. It’s lose-lose for us because when we want to be heard we have to be so confrontational, which then just gives bad actors firepower because ‘lol sjw’s’.
The deliberate ignoring to replies has really, really upset me more than anything else TBH.

resetti exposing its weakspot like a shitty boss fight :gentleman

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30863 on: November 23, 2020, 04:12:56 PM »
ignore them, ignore them all  :rash

ShutUp

« Reply #30864 on: November 23, 2020, 04:14:13 PM »
"We don't want to be aggressive"? You fucking take over and derail every single Cyberpunk thread, attack everyone who is in the thread to talk about the game and then scurry back to the stickied thread to talk shit about them for not responding to you.

And then a one day thread ban for a prominent member shitting up the thread but a fucking permaban for "misgendering in a report"? And these prominent members want to say the site is racist and transphobic?   :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30865 on: November 23, 2020, 04:16:23 PM »
tran rights  ???

more like tran wrongs  :trumps

jorma

« Reply #30866 on: November 23, 2020, 04:16:34 PM »
Stop calling me "dawg", it's so vulgar!  :social

/Lamptramp, resetera user  :rofl

ShutUp

« Reply #30867 on: November 23, 2020, 04:27:09 PM »
When the game comes out and its very positive towards trans people

Era prominent members:  :lucas :titus

Gonna be Joker all over again. Followed by the quick deletion of the stickied thread. Bury the evidence!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30868 on: November 23, 2020, 04:35:32 PM »
nope

it'll all be "be that as it may, there's still no excuse" blah blah

the irreparable damage caused to trans people worldwide cannot be made up for by some token lip service here and there in a game created by a transphobic company
 :social
Uncle

ShutUp

« Reply #30869 on: November 23, 2020, 04:38:03 PM »
Then they set their sights on the Hogwarts game. Gonna make the uproar over a few tweets by a PR intern and a mix it up ad they continue to not understand look calm in comparison.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30870 on: November 23, 2020, 04:39:45 PM »

in a report

Banning someone for misgendering is nuts. That's an honest mistake that can happen to anyone, but instead of correcting her it's the banhammer.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #30871 on: November 23, 2020, 04:49:28 PM »
I've been aggressively ignoring Nintex for months and it hasn't changed a thing.

ShutUp

« Reply #30872 on: November 23, 2020, 04:51:22 PM »
A mistake? Permaban. Repeatedly going at another member, not getting a response and running back to your friends in a different thread and calling them a coward? Meh we'll give you a one day ban from the thread you attacked them in.

The most protected communities on the board endlessly playing the victim needs so badly to be called out. Or a moderation team actually not afraid of doing what they should be doing. So somewhere not named Resetera basically.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30873 on: November 23, 2020, 05:20:12 PM »
I've been aggressively ignoring Nintex for months and it hasn't changed a thing.

Deplatforming works  :snob
🤴

Averon

« Reply #30874 on: November 23, 2020, 05:30:35 PM »
Honestly, Marzoo "lost" the second they engaged with the shitposters. Marzoo, and everyone else in that thread, should have continued doing what they were doing for weeks and ignore the crybabies. Now the thread has been successfully derailed, and the shitposters are getting what they want: attention and baiting people into bans.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30875 on: November 23, 2020, 05:39:19 PM »
anyone remember when the most monocle-popping revelations at gaf were that some of the mods MIGHT HAVE PLAYED FAVORITES  :o :o :o

imagine finding evidence that mods might be more willing to ban certain members rather than others, or might be protecting certain members
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30876 on: November 23, 2020, 05:41:22 PM »
Honestly, Marzoo "lost" the second they engaged with the shitposters. Marzoo, and everyone else in that thread, should have continued doing what they were doing for weeks and ignore the crybabies. Now the thread has been successfully derailed, and the shitposters are getting what they want: attention and baiting people into bans.

Its just good to not have the conversation

benjipwns

« Reply #30877 on: November 23, 2020, 06:03:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-biden-will-nominate-first-woman-to-lead-intelligence-first-latino-to-run-homeland-security.331658/
User Banned (5 days): drive-by trolling

We 👏 need 👏 more 👏 women 👏 drone 👏 pilots 👏

Yep. Typical liberal nonsense to make symbolic moves for diversity while bombing brown people and imprisoning black people in your backyard.

Wow, now Hispanics like me can drone strike people in the Middle East! That's really inclusive.

So many little girls are going to grow up believing they too can be war criminals! ♥
User banned (duration to be determined after admin review): Racism

Finally some Latinx representation
Quote from: Transistor, Moderator
We are temporarily locking this thread while we review reports.
good talk

paprikastaude

« Reply #30878 on: November 23, 2020, 06:07:13 PM »
Welcome to identity politics. Where hardcore neoliberalism and warmongering is pretty cool and nothing to worry about as long as it's colorful :science

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30879 on: November 23, 2020, 06:13:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-biden-will-nominate-first-woman-to-lead-intelligence-first-latino-to-run-homeland-security.331658/

Hold up, why is that one racism?  :lol

Averon

« Reply #30880 on: November 23, 2020, 06:13:42 PM »
PoliERA have been having a feast lately. Gaslighting. Sniping. Snark come backs. They have been getting all sorts of lefties on ERA banned for annoying them by reminding them Dems ain't shit either in many cases.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30881 on: November 23, 2020, 06:17:47 PM »
it's weird they want to claim it's not a gaming forum when using the forum itself is the biggest game of all

have to keep up on all the latest unspoken rules and earn points by eliminating others, some crazy good pvp action
Uncle

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #30882 on: November 23, 2020, 06:22:09 PM »
Reset is the biggest game of Mafia ever played.

benjipwns

« Reply #30883 on: November 23, 2020, 06:23:51 PM »
All different users in that thread:
Because they hate Biden and are going to spend the next four years complaining about how he eats crackers. Ignore.
they are more interested in shitposting than having a functional intelligence arm of the government to stop the rise of domestic terrorism
When they announce his pick for Secretary of Education every other post will be something something drone strikes.
I blame moderation for continually letting them get away with this kind of shitposting. All the usual suspects ready with their canned responses regardless of who was nominated. And yeah, I’ll likely be banned for this post, but it needs to be said because this place is becoming unreadable.
And I wonder if there'll be any Biden administration threads that aren't overrun with shitposts.
Nice to see half of era has already decided Biden and his administration are gonna be drinking the blood from the skulls of children they commit genocide on.
I'm so out of the loop -- can someone briefly describe what these drone strike posts are about? I'm aware that the Obama administration has been criticized for the role drone strikes played in killing innocents but what does that have to do with the incoming Biden administration?
Drive by shitposting for a brief high.
There is no "criticism" in 8 people just running in and dropping "DRONES STRIKES!" and fleeing
How about criticizing when he actually does the stuff instead of before he's president even?
Yeah, didn't take long did it?
so did you end up voting trump or third party?
a good portion of era thinks that the world would be better off if the US disintegrated over night so its not surprising.
It's getting annoying in here to see these shitposts that don't contribute to any constructive discussion about these positions.
Moderation needs to deal with the ridiculous amount of shitposting that is surrounding the Biden transition moves.
I hope the mods step in because I actually do want to discuss the positions/experience of these people.
Some of these posts are embarrassing. Ignore feature working overtime.
What the hell I can’t even with this site sometimes. These people haven’t even taken their positions yet.
oh wait it's just twitter level "please notice me" posts 🤣
Jesus Christ, are you shitposters just bots?
This forum is just a straight up turd sometimes and this topic is a prime example.
Also, christ the trolling on that first page is so cringe. Enough with the shitposting.
The fifth column tries in vain to derail yet another thread, but will not sully the rightful next government of the US.
These "both sides are the same" drive-by posts remind me why Donald Trump was the president we deserved for the last four years.
I do not look forward to the next few weeks of shitting all over anyone Biden picks with the complaint of drone strikes thrown in.
This forum shouldn't aspire to be the Youtube comment section.
shitposting is against TOS - you are free to post elsewhere if that's the level of discussion you're interested in
No, it's about shitposts that derail discussion in a discussion-oriented thread.
my ignore list being fed tonight with this thread
First page of this thread is a mess.
I am not engaging in meta commentary on Resetera broadly. I have neither the time, nor the desire.
            fragility?
 :isthis

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #30884 on: November 23, 2020, 06:27:08 PM »
The character creation tool in cyberpunk is gonna get wild when people create big boobed, with feminine penis characters.

paprikastaude

« Reply #30885 on: November 23, 2020, 06:34:57 PM »

because shut up womyn good trump bad :rogan

Coffee Dog

« Reply #30886 on: November 23, 2020, 06:36:32 PM »

Because the use of latinx means the poster is white  :lol the mods are learning!

benjipwns

« Reply #30887 on: November 23, 2020, 06:42:06 PM »
The only other post in the thread from the poster will help explain it:
That he's a white dude from a privileged background. Trying to spin his prospective nomination as some sort of progressive achievement by itself (as the title of the article implies) is disingenuous.

Boredfrom

« Reply #30888 on: November 23, 2020, 07:17:47 PM »
So is Latinx is finally no okay? It took a Steam sale to do this? Just when college leftists here are trying to push it...  :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #30889 on: November 23, 2020, 07:20:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/senator-tom-cotton-says-biden-will-surround-himself-with-panda-huggers-and-will-go-soft-on-china.331901/

Tom Cotton has been laying the groundwork to be the front-runner for the GOP in 2024. This dude needs to be mocked and ridiculed for the next four years. Dude is a bigger fascist than Trump and he’s smarter. 

THIS WORKED SO WELL WITH TRUMP!

PoliERA have been having a feast lately. Gaslighting. Sniping. Snark come backs. They have been getting all sorts of lefties on ERA banned for annoying them by reminding them Dems ain't shit either in many cases.

But Leftie RE and NeoLiberal RE are scum from the earth, so this ban purge makes me happy even if I agree with left RE.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:26:02 PM by Boredfrom »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30890 on: November 23, 2020, 07:26:59 PM »
Smarter than Trump and Biden is giving all the top jobs to Obama and Clinton alumni?

Goodluck.jpg
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #30891 on: November 23, 2020, 07:28:20 PM »
Mediocre Status Quo vs World Ending Incompetence  :thinking

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30892 on: November 23, 2020, 08:20:15 PM »
using latinx should get you a ban tbh  :heh

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #30893 on: November 23, 2020, 09:03:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5-scalper-group-crepchiefnotify-based-in-the-uk-has-more-online-stock-than-most-major-retailers.331946/post-52343882
Honestly, I don't know whose worse, those scalpers or the people who are actually willing to pay two times of the original price for a toy.

Era members reading that.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #30894 on: November 23, 2020, 09:03:15 PM »
A lot of  :trumpcry in this textbook Malka thread  :lol

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/breaking-trump-administration-to-start-transition-process-for-biden.1578545/

Now, does NeoGAF Political forum turn into a ghost town? Or somehow get even loonier? Only time will tell.
Fish<

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30895 on: November 23, 2020, 09:14:50 PM »
A lot of  :trumpcry in this textbook Malka thread  :lol

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/breaking-trump-administration-to-start-transition-process-for-biden.1578545/

Now, does NeoGAF Political forum turn into a ghost town? Or somehow get even loonier? Only time will tell.
Release the Transition Kraken!
:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #30897 on: November 23, 2020, 11:20:00 PM »
It’s a cesspool of despair, false information, jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, and memes.
I would recommend staying out of it unless you have a good control of social media OR need it for work purposes. It can be a horrible place, specially when you can get most of the same information in much healthier channels.
:teehee

ShutUp

« Reply #30898 on: November 23, 2020, 11:39:15 PM »
Saw that thread earlier. Woman on Twitter getting attacked over a Leia looking hair style in Animal Crossing is such a pathetic commentary on the state of things now. Of course the ones attacking her are tons of white people. Another one talking about KKK meetings and its just a massive WTF.

Boredfrom

« Reply #30899 on: November 24, 2020, 01:34:51 AM »
Quote from: L_Thammy
It's not my place to say whether it's offensive or not, but I feel like I can see how it might potentially be being a sensitive subject. Especially the name. Just looking up images in Google, you can see that most of the "space puffs" you come across are clearly straight hair collected in a lump, which doesn't really look like what the hair in the OP is.

The person in the tweet doubles down on referring to them as space puffs, which may be frustrating when the entire point of the inclusion is to add hair styles that are built around hair textures that white people generally don't have.

You are such a scumbag, L_thammy

I said before but RE hates twitter but most of the controversies they latch on come from there.