Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136338 times)

BikeJesus

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #31320 on: December 02, 2020, 01:07:22 AM »
Xas having another mental breakdown.

I can't believe this thread is on the verge of giving me a panic attack and some of you are high fiving each otehr with joy! NOW I'm a fucking right-winger fox news person!?! FOR WHAT!?

Today I learned I am a dumb, idiotic, intellectually dishonest dirty foreigner who is the equivalent of a foxnews listener and deserves criticisms and scorn and sneers and to have bullies high five each other with support in making sure I suffer a panic attack because of the crime of asking for proof for something someone said. Fucking hell! Libs always to this where now i'm such a monster now that they can not only ignore me, but rejocie insulting me and high fiving each other for doing so! ALL FOR ASKING FOR PROOF!

Except they did not HAVE to be against the War on Terror. The War on Terror is a nebulous concept that could have meant anything. I never said he had to be AGAINST the War on Terror but you have insisted that without him being supportive he would have lost! Me asking for proof is not disintellectual honest nor does it make it right, justice, and noble to insutl me until I can't breathe!

Yikes!

And there's more.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-obama-reflects-on-the-use-of-the-drone-program-and-the-illusion-that-it-is-not-war.336144/page-7#post-52949382

Aaaand the person they melted down on was banned for hostility. I wonder if xas will get banned for obvious hostility, or are they too afraid they will push them over the edge?

Quote from: nola
I seriously cant keep doing this buddy.

I dont know if you are really that poor in the reading comprehension department, are from another country, or what the barrier is, but not one time have I said what you keep asserting.

What I have said to you no less than 4 times now is that Obama, or any nominee, was not going to be able to win election, then win re-election, without committing to the War on Terror. Whether they genuinely believed in the war on terror or not(I tend to think Obama was a genuine believer). Drone strikes are a product of that pursuit. They are a tactic in that strategy. They are a menu item in the portfolio and if you want to execute that strategy you have to pick one or more. And no candidate that could wish to earn or hold the office of the presidency could win without committing to, or establishing a strong record, toward a dilligent pursuit of the war on terror.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:12:10 AM by BikeJesus »

Averon

« Reply #31321 on: December 02, 2020, 01:11:43 AM »
Orb should have known he would get hit with a perm posting that. :lol He's been on PoliERA's shit-list for a while for being a lefty and saying the Dems ain't shit regularly. He gave them the excuse to finally get rid of him permanently.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31322 on: December 02, 2020, 01:14:58 AM »
Xas having another mental breakdown.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-obama-reflects-on-the-use-of-the-drone-program-and-the-illusion-that-it-is-not-war.336144/page-7#post-52949382
Quote from: Xaszatm
you need to take a break and do something calming.
Why? So they can go "I'm glad that piece of shit is gone"?
based :lawd

Averon

« Reply #31323 on: December 02, 2020, 01:18:57 AM »
God, someone needs to call out Xas for being an emotionally manipulative little shit. Constantly going on these suicidal screeds and going "I'm dying!!! You're killing me!!!!!" whenever someone doesn't agree with her in almost every thread gets old. But they won't because they know they would almost surely be banned for "dismissing concerns regarding mental illness/suicide" and Xas knows it, which is why she continues this schtick in almost every thread she's in.

Yulwei

« Reply #31324 on: December 02, 2020, 06:08:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-episode-5-ot-time-moves-in-one-direction-memory-in-another-media-impressions-console-footage-discussion.328655/page-84#post-52960116

looks like Kyuuji is setting up shop in the cyberpunk OP because the stickied thread isn't getting enough attention. You shitlords thought you could just talk about video games behind his back? :teehee

ShutUp

« Reply #31326 on: December 02, 2020, 09:32:29 AM »
Everyone just talking around Kyuuji is going to lead to permabans for refusing to talk to other members of the thread.

Boredfrom

« Reply #31327 on: December 02, 2020, 09:45:19 AM »
Ok - what the point of the outrage? What’s the end goal? Y’all just want to shout into the night and that’s it? Because of so - cool. But if you want something more than that then your cool slogan won’t work.

This is a bad point. Stop trying to make it. What you're basically doing is tone policing and telling black people we can't be angry when our people are murdered.

When the ex-president that happens to be black is telling to chill out with the slogans...

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #31328 on: December 02, 2020, 09:47:55 AM »
I will buy Cyberpunk and watch something with Elliot Page in it and pretend to like it to make up for my crimes.

Sounds a lot like carbon offsets.

jorma

« Reply #31329 on: December 02, 2020, 10:10:07 AM »
Everyone just talking around Kyuuji is going to lead to permabans for refusing to talk to other members of the thread.

Kyuuji to everyone else: "Every single one of you motherfuckers needs to learn how to read the fucking room!"

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31330 on: December 02, 2020, 10:13:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-photo-mode-trailer.336822/post-52972401

8)

aaaand it's locked. What kind of toothless excuse will they come up with this time?

"A new trailer for a highly anticipated videogames doesn't warrant a thread"

Edit:

With the game already out in the wild and an active thread for the marketing materials, this thread is unnecessary and can be discussed here.

:lol

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #31331 on: December 02, 2020, 10:16:01 AM »
Does it make any difference whether there are 5 threads with 100 replies each or 1 thread with 500 replies?
Oi Oi

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #31332 on: December 02, 2020, 10:23:07 AM »
5 threads would mean Kyuuji would need 5 tabs open to defiantly shit each of them up :smug
(ice)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #31333 on: December 02, 2020, 10:31:09 AM »
Serious question. Could a company like Sony and Naughty Dog patch game credits?

:snoop

I think this happened with the Cold Steel 1-2 re-releases. XSeed removed Brittany (the translator)'s name from the credits because she left and joined NIS (when they scored the rights for CS3 and other Falcom games). I think they re-patched her name in due to backlash.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:52:57 AM by tiesto »
^_^

ShutUp

« Reply #31334 on: December 02, 2020, 10:41:47 AM »
People in that night city wire thread already anticipating not even being allowed to have a screenshot thread and just having to post screenshots in the OT or console/PC screenshot thread.

Just absurd. "Mods don't care about us" shout the most protected and catered to communities on the site.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #31335 on: December 02, 2020, 10:46:25 AM »
if the mods will cave to your every demand why wouldn't you take full advantage of it :trumps
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #31336 on: December 02, 2020, 12:02:46 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-episode-5-ot-time-moves-in-one-direction-memory-in-another-media-impressions-console-footage-discussion.328655/page-87#post-52983150

Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 52981641, member: 31943
I'll offer a rare counterbalance in a moment of tired frustration. A portion of it really is in wishing I could be as pogged about everything as others here. Like the hype when the reveal hit. It's hard to just shrug off the knowledge of how media representation affects us though, and what real-world impacts that results in. It's not cute, it's not edgy. It's harmful.

That's why I'm sincere when I mean both the game and the company would be better off without it; I genuinely mean it and wish it were the case. I resent having to see shit like trans-related drinks labelled poison, people mocking our bodies, relating them to beasts and the like, because it just feels so damn unnecessary. When removed from the game - even without the depth most are hoping for - there's a lot on the surface that looks decent. So I really do hope there is that depth around the themes that it's choosing to touch on, particularly those close to home. I just have little cause to believe it will. Having a game that has the scope to actually go into things on that level feels a loss when it's passed by, even moreso when it veers in the opposite direction toward mockery and derision.

Even with the potential to play without paying a dime it's hard to muster any sense of hype. I think there could be a lot to go into and write about over it, and part of me is interested to; especially around such a notable release and one that's already veered into the negative. The other part though, the majority, just wishes I didn't have to. That it was untwined from the unnecessary crap CDPR chose to bring to the table with it.

So believe me, I do appreciate why people are hyped. I just also wish more would understand that it's as a result of the actions of CDPR that not everyone can be, despite having wanted, or wanting, to be. Which sucks.

Completely. Some (all?) of my favourite games I have bones to pick with in some way, shape or form. There's no benefit in masking them. Ultimately I'd hope that come a future iteration they were addressed in each case, so we could end up with something even better.

Margs

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #31337 on: December 02, 2020, 12:07:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-think-there-is-a-good-argument-to-be-made-that-trump-will-be-a-long-term-net-positive-for-the-country-world.336270/
Quote from: Orb
User banned (permanent): Inflammatory, inappropriate, and insulting commentary over a series of posts

I understand the thread title probably touches a nerve for many, but it's the best way I know how to put it. Hear me out, please. First, disclaimers:
-Trump is bad. He's an awful human and definitely in the running for the worst president we've ever had. He has no redeeming qualities. I hate everything he's done. I hate him as a person. I understand that he has hurt people and put people in danger and gotten people killed through action and inaction. I cannot state enough how much I absolutely loathe him and everything he stands for. This is not a "is Trump secretly good????" thread. It's a thread about the real-world outcomes of what comes in the wake of Trump's unquestionable badness.
-I'm not even sure I myself would argue strongly in favor of what I'm proposing in this thread. It may be too early to tell if any of this is true, and it's probably impossible to do the calculus on the ultimate harm versus good, even if you believe in that kind of moral and ethical approach to the world. Some of this is based on feeling and is impossible to really measure.

That being said, here's what I've been mulling over lately...

First, I believe that Trump's presidency and all the things he has done and said during his time in office have seemingly made a lot more people aware, interested, and involved in politics. I think his time in power has helped to make a lot of people be less complacent about what goes on in politics and the world in general. I believe he has radicalized a lot of people in opposition to him. Seeing marches and protests and discourse go on that I never really saw before under other similarly awful Republican presidents made me believe that all of Trump's bad may have been met with some positive outcomes on the opposing side.

Second, seeing what is happening now with Trump's tantrum over losing re-election is what really has me thinking there might be an argument to be made here. If he can drag enough of his red hat army down with his sinking ship, if he can fracture the Republican Party into something that is irreparable or less harmful, I think there's also an end positive to that. And I think it's likely, though not guaranteed.

So with those two big points, do you believe there is any argument to be made that ultimately, weighing the positive outcomes with the negative ones, that there is some "cosmic balance" that puts Trump's presidency as a net positive?

Again, I'm not even sure if I myself believe this. I typically don't subscribe to the kind of utilitarian ethics that says 10 points of good "outweighs" 9 points of bad. I don't think you can really put a value on the human cost of what Trump has done. But I feel like there are some people out there who might believe this is possible on some really long timescale, especially if the negative effects Trump's implosion might have on the GOP prove to be significant and long-lasting.

Maybe it's not a simple yes or no and the answer is way more complicated than that. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.
I don't really see this as an accelerationist argument. I'm not saying "we should have elected Trump because we have to burn everything down to rebuild it." I am glad Trump lost re-election. But he won the first time, and I'm pondering whether we could see some long-term net good as a result.

This is definitely one of the strongest counters to this potential argument.
I guess that's the argument I'm getting at though, something on the decades-long time scale. Irreparable harm has been inflicted, no doubt. I don't question that. You can't bring all the people dead back to life. But I'm wondering if there's anyone that would be willing to argue for the long time-scale. Not four years or even ten years down the road, but 50 or 100 years. Is there anyone that would look to the last four years and say that it's going to have us end up in an ultimately better place that far down the road than we would have been if "politics as usual" just continued to happen over and over again in an endless cycle.
The empathy is in having this argument in a place where I can lay out my entire argument, say exactly why I think Trump is bad, and have an open place for discussing a hypothetical idea that I'm not even sure I believe, than to go up to an LGBT person on the street, for example, and say "Hey do you think Trump is good, actually?"

I tried really hard to present this discussion in the best way I possibly could while still discussing it at all. I don't think having these discussions should be off the table as long as we approach them with care. And I tried to do that the best I could.

I hurt for the people that Trump has hurt. I really, really do. I hate the man and all he has done.
I said multiple times that I don't even think I'd make the argument myself. I just wanted people's thoughts on the issue. Maybe just to make me see how wrong I am for even the fleeting thought.
That's not the intention at all. I don't want to imply that Trump himself is an agent for good. He didn't do any of this on purpose. If there is any argument to be made that any good comes from any of this, it's not because Trump did the good. It's a consequence of the outcomes from his time in office, not because he deserves "credit" for anything good at all. I don't mean to imply that and I'm sorry if it comes off that way or if the framing of this question is hurtful to those directly negatively impacted by Trump's actions and rhetoric.

Nepenthe, as an administrator of this site you have my full blessing to lock this thread if you believe its existence is harmful. I won't take any offense.

Quote from: B-Dubs
Seriously, what the fuck.
"Where did you think you are?"

Yeah, seriously BDumb. To think this asshole wanted a reasoned calm discussion about Trump. Definitely needed to be perm’d.

:gamergate

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31338 on: December 02, 2020, 12:13:23 PM »
all those real world impacts, like reminding people of that time they were decking into a datafort but tripped a watchdog and now a killteam of corporate solos are descending on their position

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31339 on: December 02, 2020, 01:00:26 PM »
Does it make any difference whether there are 5 threads with 100 replies each or 1 thread with 500 replies?

According to Cindy and bork, it sure does  :doge
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31340 on: December 02, 2020, 01:04:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-think-there-is-a-good-argument-to-be-made-that-trump-will-be-a-long-term-net-positive-for-the-country-world.336270/
User banned (permanent): Inflammatory, inappropriate, and insulting commentary over a series of posts

I understand the thread title probably touches a nerve for many, but it's the best way I know how to put it. Hear me out, please. First, disclaimers:
-Trump is bad. He's an awful human and definitely in the running for the worst president we've ever had. He has no redeeming qualities. I hate everything he's done. I hate him as a person. I understand that he has hurt people and put people in danger and gotten people killed through action and inaction. I cannot state enough how much I absolutely loathe him and everything he stands for. This is not a "is Trump secretly good????" thread. It's a thread about the real-world outcomes of what comes in the wake of Trump's unquestionable badness.
-I'm not even sure I myself would argue strongly in favor of what I'm proposing in this thread. It may be too early to tell if any of this is true, and it's probably impossible to do the calculus on the ultimate harm versus good, even if you believe in that kind of moral and ethical approach to the world. Some of this is based on feeling and is impossible to really measure.

That being said, here's what I've been mulling over lately...

First, I believe that Trump's presidency and all the things he has done and said during his time in office have seemingly made a lot more people aware, interested, and involved in politics. I think his time in power has helped to make a lot of people be less complacent about what goes on in politics and the world in general. I believe he has radicalized a lot of people in opposition to him. Seeing marches and protests and discourse go on that I never really saw before under other similarly awful Republican presidents made me believe that all of Trump's bad may have been met with some positive outcomes on the opposing side.

Second, seeing what is happening now with Trump's tantrum over losing re-election is what really has me thinking there might be an argument to be made here. If he can drag enough of his red hat army down with his sinking ship, if he can fracture the Republican Party into something that is irreparable or less harmful, I think there's also an end positive to that. And I think it's likely, though not guaranteed.

So with those two big points, do you believe there is any argument to be made that ultimately, weighing the positive outcomes with the negative ones, that there is some "cosmic balance" that puts Trump's presidency as a net positive?

Again, I'm not even sure if I myself believe this. I typically don't subscribe to the kind of utilitarian ethics that says 10 points of good "outweighs" 9 points of bad. I don't think you can really put a value on the human cost of what Trump has done. But I feel like there are some people out there who might believe this is possible on some really long timescale, especially if the negative effects Trump's implosion might have on the GOP prove to be significant and long-lasting.

Maybe it's not a simple yes or no and the answer is way more complicated than that. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.
I don't really see this as an accelerationist argument. I'm not saying "we should have elected Trump because we have to burn everything down to rebuild it." I am glad Trump lost re-election. But he won the first time, and I'm pondering whether we could see some long-term net good as a result.

This is definitely one of the strongest counters to this potential argument.
I guess that's the argument I'm getting at though, something on the decades-long time scale. Irreparable harm has been inflicted, no doubt. I don't question that. You can't bring all the people dead back to life. But I'm wondering if there's anyone that would be willing to argue for the long time-scale. Not four years or even ten years down the road, but 50 or 100 years. Is there anyone that would look to the last four years and say that it's going to have us end up in an ultimately better place that far down the road than we would have been if "politics as usual" just continued to happen over and over again in an endless cycle.
The empathy is in having this argument in a place where I can lay out my entire argument, say exactly why I think Trump is bad, and have an open place for discussing a hypothetical idea that I'm not even sure I believe, than to go up to an LGBT person on the street, for example, and say "Hey do you think Trump is good, actually?"

I tried really hard to present this discussion in the best way I possibly could while still discussing it at all. I don't think having these discussions should be off the table as long as we approach them with care. And I tried to do that the best I could.

I hurt for the people that Trump has hurt. I really, really do. I hate the man and all he has done.
I said multiple times that I don't even think I'd make the argument myself. I just wanted people's thoughts on the issue. Maybe just to make me see how wrong I am for even the fleeting thought.
That's not the intention at all. I don't want to imply that Trump himself is an agent for good. He didn't do any of this on purpose. If there is any argument to be made that any good comes from any of this, it's not because Trump did the good. It's a consequence of the outcomes from his time in office, not because he deserves "credit" for anything good at all. I don't mean to imply that and I'm sorry if it comes off that way or if the framing of this question is hurtful to those directly negatively impacted by Trump's actions and rhetoric.

Nepenthe, as an administrator of this site you have my full blessing to lock this thread if you believe its existence is harmful. I won't take any offense.

Quote from: B-Dubs
Seriously, what the fuck.
"Where did you think you are?"

Yeah, seriously BDumb. To think this asshole wanted a reasoned calm discussion about Trump. Definitely needed to be perm’d.

:gamergate

Damn dude just wanted to have a normal discussion and got perm'd as if he was a blackface lover
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31341 on: December 02, 2020, 01:07:34 PM »
geez it's already hard to search the internet for ellen page, within 3 hours the deadname is scrubbed from nearly everywhere except right wing sources like daily mail

you search for ellen page, every result says elliot already

So wait, what do you mean she's trans? Is she getting dick surgury? Are they gonna put a dick on her?

???

Or is she just gay and wants to fuck women but still identify as a man (without the man parts)

whuh which of these is true???
What

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31342 on: December 02, 2020, 01:23:05 PM »
As someone who is still pretty keen to play the game, and has the luxury of being able to legally play it without myself or anybody having payed CDPR for it (long story, and not piracy or in a marketing position like reviews), I've put my money where my mouth is and donated the price I'd have otherwise spent on the game to this charity. 12 years running and looking like they've made substantial groundwork in Polish politics where many others have not. I'd rather use my money to stick it to CDPR from this angle.

Thank you for the link.

:foodcourt

yeah, stick it to them by supporting a charity they almost certainly support themselves, take that shitlords.
Maybe rub salt in the wound by leaving cyberpunk a glowing user review as a follow up

Averon

« Reply #31343 on: December 02, 2020, 01:42:31 PM »
Orb's been on PoliERA's shit list for a awhile for being too openly critical of Democrats on the regular. No other reason to explain why making that thread lead to a perm ban.

Boredfrom

« Reply #31344 on: December 02, 2020, 01:47:17 PM »
I dunno, that Obama thread is seeing a lot of people getting mad a Obama for saying the obvious so dunno if it was “to lefty”.

Boredfrom

« Reply #31345 on: December 02, 2020, 02:12:47 PM »
  I’ll never understand this forum’s obsession with Twitter and posting random tweets. As if using the words from some random person on Twitter as some sort of gotcha makes any sense.

Quote from: scuffed
. It's about giving credit for a thought instead of passing it off as your own.

Quote from: Red_Mercury
. If someone makes a good point should it not be shared? Or rather, how would you share it? It's not much different from quoting someone else's post.

"This forum's obsession" too like a ton of the world or other forums aren't on twitter lol

The twitter posts that you guys usually post are, more often than not, terrible. The fact they shape your ideas is all kinds of terrible.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31346 on: December 02, 2020, 02:18:18 PM »
Orb's been on PoliERA's shit list for a awhile for being too openly critical of Democrats on the regular. No other reason to explain why making that thread lead to a perm ban.

simple answer is simple; glaxy brain era literally only read a thread title before dropping their steaming take

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #31347 on: December 02, 2020, 02:21:58 PM »
geez it's already hard to search the internet for ellen page, within 3 hours the deadname is scrubbed from nearly everywhere except right wing sources like daily mail

So wait, what do you mean she's trans? Is she getting dick surgury? Are they gonna put a dick on her?

???

Or is she just gay and wants to fuck women but still identify as a man (without the man parts)

You don't need a genitals sex change op to transition gender.

Boredfrom

« Reply #31348 on: December 02, 2020, 02:31:11 PM »

So let's say police from the city were going to the countryside and murdering cows. It got so bad and blatant, with video footage of city cops killing cows on purpose, with no way of holding them accountable, for decades, that eventually farmers started suggesting that "defunding the police" was the only way to prevent their cows from being murdered. The people in the city then tell all the farmers what words to use when they start to bubble over?

Think your midwesterners would think the city folk should have the right to tell them what words to use? Think your Midwestern neighbors value a cow life or a black life more?   

Don't take this the wrong way, but who gives a fuck what you or people in rural area think about this? Police funding is a local issue, and most of the calls for defunding the police are coming from people in cities to deal with the police forces in said cities. If you live in small town with a 5 man sheriffs department why care if Minneapolis or NYC decides to cut police funding? It literally doesn't affect you. 

Is this social elitism?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31349 on: December 02, 2020, 02:32:41 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html
Let's say that study is highly flawed and its only 10% of their lowest estimate, at about 25,000.

That's still about 25x as many as people killed annually by the US police.

So the bigger issue here is DEFUND HEALTHCARE

...or maybe that's a dumbfuck solution to a more nuanced problem, and if you actually want to fix something thats broken automatically vetoing a possible solution that may actually be the best solution, especially if you look at other first world countries that don't have that problem, is nonsensical

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31350 on: December 02, 2020, 02:39:33 PM »

???

You don't need a genitals sex change op to transition gender.

What

so how do you transition gender without genital sex change? Just identify as a different gender and you're good? I seriously dont understand this so please explain
What

Boredfrom

« Reply #31351 on: December 02, 2020, 02:46:52 PM »
I mean, I cannot say I didn’t start to agreeing with the sentiment of ACAB after the shit it was pulled this past years. Is just that people usually prefer having police to not having it even in places where they are extremely corrupt. People coming around to BLM feels incidental of Trump years and police brutality over hammering the slogan until it sticks.

Quote from: Powered_egg
. This is ahistorical. "Burn Baby Burn" didn't kill any movement or Black rights momentum... The FBI and J.Edgar Hoover did! Clyburn is giving a false recollection of the Civil Rights and Black Power Movements in order to stifle progressives in 2020. It's frankly disgusting. 

:awesome

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #31352 on: December 02, 2020, 02:47:43 PM »
It sounds like you understand mmarsu

« Reply #31353 on: December 02, 2020, 03:03:27 PM »
What gets me is the "we don't need to explain shit to you and your lame electoral politics!" mindset, as if anything would actually get done without, you know, electing people that would enact change.  If the electorate gets turned off by snappy slogans and puts people in office that will straight up ignore those concerns rather than paying lip service and getting some incremental improvements done, well congratulations, you're worse off than when you started.

If BLM started under Trump, I am 80% sure America would have had their own Tiananmen Square event by now.

Also, people ignoring the parallels between Defund the Police and Defund Planned Parenthood are dumb as shit.  Low information voters are the norm, and those that have been fighting against the latter for decades aren't going to suddenly think "defund" doesn't mean "abolish".

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #31354 on: December 02, 2020, 03:08:53 PM »
Will we have a separate screenshot thread for Cyberpunk?

If mods allow this we'll need another summit.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31355 on: December 02, 2020, 03:43:14 PM »
Will we have a separate screenshot thread for Cyberpunk?

If mods allow this we'll need another summit.

Create a screenshot thread, then have every other post be the chromanticore poster
:delicious

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31356 on: December 02, 2020, 03:54:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1333817949623263232

dril going for an entry for eras motto

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31357 on: December 02, 2020, 04:04:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/people-lord-of-the-rings-cast-reunites-for-epic-quest-to-buy-6-million-home-of-author-j-r-r-tolkien.337035/

Some of the stars of LOTR team up to promote a crowdfunded charitable bid to buy an authors house and turn it into a literary centre

I would've thought the stars could fund it themselves.

Why don’t they just buy it themselves? They have the Money.

Just...buy it yourselves...

Never pay for something when you can get others to do it for you

I'm normally not a fan of this type of reasoning, but when you read stuff like this: "We cannot achieve this without the support of the worldwide community of Tolkien fans, our fellowship of funders", and we're in the middle of a huge financial crisis, then it makes me wonder how much of their own money are they actually putting into this? They're old and have more money than most Tolkien fans.

Like fuck off. You're telling me between the two of you you can't buy it in your own. Fuck I hate the rich

Rich people spend their own money?

fun fact: 60 is both the age at which I will finish paying my one-bedroom mortgage without enough savings to retire, and the net worth of Ian McKellen in millions.

Thought they were buying it themselves, which would have been cool. As much as I love Ian, hard pass on these guys asking normies for help paying for non-essential things during these times.

As much as I love the movies, any one of them can probably buy it themselves, and there's a whole cast of them.

Yep. Hard pass on paying for something they could easily combine to donate themselves.

I thought so as well, the title is a little misleading. Don't see why they just can't do this themselves, they have the cash

you utterly miserable shower of cunts

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31358 on: December 02, 2020, 05:00:27 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html
Let's say that study is highly flawed and its only 10% of their lowest estimate, at about 25,000.

That's still about 25x as many as people killed annually by the US police.

So the bigger issue here is DEFUND HEALTHCARE

...or maybe that's a dumbfuck solution to a more nuanced problem, and if you actually want to fix something thats broken automatically vetoing a possible solution that may actually be the best solution, especially if you look at other first world countries that don't have that problem, is nonsensical

one real world example of police change in the US is what Camden, NJ did

the narrative surrounding them is primarily that they dismantled their police department, which is technically true

but they rebuilt it, and rehired back most of the same police if they were able to pass the interview process, and now has doubled their police presence

far from "defunding," they are actually spending more now, and both crime and complaints about the police have plummeted

so, I don't know...re-fund the police?

I mean, I cannot say I didn’t start to agreeing with the sentiment of ACAB after the shit it was pulled this past years. Is just that people usually prefer having police to not having it even in places where they are extremely corrupt. People coming around to BLM feels incidental of Trump years and police brutality over hammering the slogan until it sticks.

this is true, studies have shown that actually speaking to people in low income urban areas, most of them would like increased police presence, because it really does stop some of the casual crime that takes place there, they feel forgotten and abandoned by officers who won't set foot in those areas
Uncle

killamajig

« Reply #31359 on: December 02, 2020, 05:25:22 PM »
I'm not a fan of three strikes laws.

But........

When you lock up a person for life after their third violent felony it does reduce crime.

:miyamoto

NekoFever

« Reply #31360 on: December 02, 2020, 05:33:46 PM »

So let's say police from the city were going to the countryside and murdering cows. It got so bad and blatant, with video footage of city cops killing cows on purpose, with no way of holding them accountable, for decades, that eventually farmers started suggesting that "defunding the police" was the only way to prevent their cows from being murdered. The people in the city then tell all the farmers what words to use when they start to bubble over?

Think your midwesterners would think the city folk should have the right to tell them what words to use? Think your Midwestern neighbors value a cow life or a black life more?   

Don't take this the wrong way, but who gives a fuck what you or people in rural area think about this? Police funding is a local issue, and most of the calls for defunding the police are coming from people in cities to deal with the police forces in said cities. If you live in small town with a 5 man sheriffs department why care if Minneapolis or NYC decides to cut police funding? It literally doesn't affect you. 

Is this social elitism?

It’s particularly funny in light of the thread they had about why Democrats keep losing rural counties.

ShutUp

« Reply #31361 on: December 02, 2020, 05:40:17 PM »
From the Night City Wire thread:

Anyone is free to do and think whatever they want, as long as they respect others.

I'm free to buy and love this game. Any subjects around CDPR about other matters, i don't even care. I also have my own problems in my life that i need to think about, we all have.

Responses to this perfectly reasonable post are as you'd expect, even a "report them, posting in bad faith" response.

"Why are they ignoring us!?" Kyuuji and co. continue to wonder.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31362 on: December 02, 2020, 05:42:29 PM »

I mean if thats how it works, then its basically you just stating you are a man now and other should believe that fact. Man that is some stupid shit. At least get a dick if you wanna pretend to be a man
What

nudemacusers

« Reply #31363 on: December 02, 2020, 05:50:13 PM »
lmao watching resetera grapple with the reality that they're not as woke as they'd like to imagine :sabu
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31364 on: December 02, 2020, 05:51:07 PM »

I mean if thats how it works, then its basically you just stating you are a man now and other should believe that fact. Man that is some stupid shit. At least get a dick if you wanna pretend to be a man
Welcome to the brave new world my friend. That's how it works now 8)
🤴

nudemacusers

« Reply #31365 on: December 02, 2020, 06:08:09 PM »
kinda fun to roll back the clock and check out poliera reactions to blm

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-democratic-national-convention-ot-2016-the-one-with-the-policy.1251945/page-93

We know Black Lives Matter. No need to chant it.

Oh jesus, shut up you petty kids, adult is making a glorious speech.

the fucking bernie bros are now chanting black lives matter? wtf

ruffians!!
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/black-lives-matter-disrupts-martin-o%C2%92malley-bernie-sanders-town-hall.1082108/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/blm-activists-interrupt-hillary-at-private-event-in-south-carolina.1189898/

not QUEEN!!! my brunches!!

:teehee
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Snoopycat_

« Reply #31366 on: December 02, 2020, 07:59:21 PM »

If he gets a dick the Ree trans will just accuse him of being a unicorn or whatever it is chicks with dicks are called now

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31367 on: December 03, 2020, 01:01:38 AM »
User banned (2 weeks): misrepresenting previous ban ( https://www.resetera.com/posts/29693655/ )

I agree.

i took a week ban for suggesting that over 1000 people per day may get infected.

it seems right that anyone spouting anti vax sentiment should receive the same
Alright, let's go to the tape!
User banned (1 week): Fearmongering

it always was, as I’ve been saying throughout this thread.

exponential growth.

in a week, numbers raising in the “hundreds per day” will become thousands and then tens of thousands.
Judges?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #31368 on: December 03, 2020, 01:43:47 AM »

Is it that hard to just live and let live? Maybe it's something you have to go through to understand.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #31370 on: December 03, 2020, 02:31:14 AM »
filler, please stop being a TERF. All of Xenu’s children deserve love  :blessup
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31371 on: December 03, 2020, 02:32:44 AM »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #31372 on: December 03, 2020, 02:35:53 AM »
Let's just all agree that All Lives Matter.
sigh

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31373 on: December 03, 2020, 02:45:45 AM »
;)

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #31374 on: December 03, 2020, 05:08:30 AM »
User banned (2 weeks): misrepresenting previous ban ( https://www.resetera.com/posts/29693655/ )

I agree.

i took a week ban for suggesting that over 1000 people per day may get infected.

it seems right that anyone spouting anti vax sentiment should receive the same
Alright, let's go to the tape!
User banned (1 week): Fearmongering

it always was, as I’ve been saying throughout this thread.

exponential growth.

in a week, numbers raising in the “hundreds per day” will become thousands and then tens of thousands.
Judges?

I hope that mod has given an apology in the meantime.

Mods communicate only through bans there. A 2 week ban is equivalent to a soft hug with a bit of awkward silence.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31375 on: December 03, 2020, 05:37:23 AM »
The mods are hilariously authoritative. They don't mind if the communities maul each other but don't you ever fucking dare to touch one of them.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #31376 on: December 03, 2020, 06:33:18 AM »

No, it's not stupid shit.
You think every transwoman out there got their genital reassignment surgery and is post op? I'd assume the vast majority of trans people are pre-op.
Requiring someone to undergo surgery to be considered their preferred gender (especially if we accept that gender and sex aren't the same thing) is absurd, since said surgery is extremely costly, irreversible, invasive and in some cases risky (also some may just not be able to get it based on specific health reasons).

You can make an argument about being "femme presenting" or not, but even that i think is not anybody's business, you can identify as woman without having to dress up as a stereotype of an "hyper female" (and vice versa), and the ability to pass is not just inherently about the amount of effort put in, especially if you started transitioning later in life.

Sure if you make zero effort to present yourself as your gender of choice, you can't reasonably expect others to identify you as such on first contact, but that is a far cry from requiring surgery before you can update the gender on your ID.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

Switters

« Reply #31378 on: December 03, 2020, 07:25:29 AM »
The mods are hilariously authoritative. They don't mind if the communities maul each other but don't you ever fucking dare to touch one of them.

But Roy giving a pound of flesh only to have Ket Kat permed over tiddies is like one of the greatest anime betrayals of all time.
troll

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31379 on: December 03, 2020, 07:49:39 AM »

Is it that hard to just live and let live? Maybe it's something you have to go through to understand.

What

If he/she's happy I dont care, good for him/her.

but if thats all it takes to be trans now? 😂 Yeah I now identify as a woman guys, not gonna get my dick cut off or anything similar, I just want people to adress me as a female.

That shit is fucking distinguished mentally-challenged man

How does one transition from a female to a male without any form of surgery? Hormone pills? How is that going to make you any more of a man?

No, it's not stupid shit.
You think every transwoman out there got their genital reassignment surgery and is post op? I'd assume the vast majority of trans people are pre-op.
Requiring someone to undergo surgery to be considered their preferred gender (especially if we accept that gender and sex aren't the same thing) is absurd, since said surgery is extremely costly, irreversible, invasive and in some cases risky (also some may just not be able to get it based on specific health reasons).

You can make an argument about being "femme presenting" or not, but even that i think is not anybody's business, you can identify as woman without having to dress up as a stereotype of an "hyper female" (and vice versa), and the ability to pass is not just inherently about the amount of effort put in, especially if you started transitioning later in life.

Sure if you make zero effort to present yourself as your gender of choice, you can't reasonably expect others to identify you as such on first contact, but that is a far cry from requiring surgery before you can update the gender on your ID.

I think it is stupid shit, but maybe thats my closemindedness talking.

I dont, but I assume if you want to identify and feel like another gender, why not go all the way and get that dick you've been dreaming of having? Or that pussy that you always wanted?

First of all I make a huge difference between women turning men, then men turning women.

Men who transition into women make up for a vast majority of trans people, women transitioning to men is a very low percentage. I feel that that has something to do with not only taboo, but also because for men I think its more a fetish in some cases. I also did some research into this and found that men are more prone to transition into women than the other way around.

I have respect for a trans women who transitions to a man (and getting surgury for it).

Oh well. I guess im just not very open minded about guys transitioning into women. In some cases its because its honestly they feel like they were born in the wrong body. In many other cases I feel like its more a fetish thing, or acceptance thing. They want to be accepted, never did when they were a boy and now they want to be a woman. A lot of assumptions, probably baseless and stupid but its how i feel.

I have more respect for a woman transitioning to a man then the other way around.

But yeah I have nothing against trans women or trans men, as long as they are happy im happy for them. That doesnt mean I dont have my own opinions on it..

« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 08:07:54 AM by MMaRsu »
What