Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3179639 times)

Averon

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #31200 on: November 29, 2020, 07:13:47 PM »
As long as there isn't anything bad inside the game, besides the gender determination by voice, almost no one will say anything

If the worst thing you can point that's transphobic are the gendered voices, wouldn't this make the 2+ year campaign to cancel CDPR and tar CP 2077 as a transphobic game all the more silly :confused
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:38:01 PM by Averon »

Snoopycat_

« Reply #31201 on: November 29, 2020, 07:32:21 PM »
Wait, they actually call each other comrade? That's hilarious.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31203 on: November 29, 2020, 08:04:21 PM »
Quote from: Xaszatm
Damn this sites determination to not only dismiss leftists, but to decry, mock, and then even deny their minority/lgbt status because we're on the left. Fuck this site so much. This site has got me to attempt suicide three times this year and they still prefer to ban the victims over the bullies. I just keep learning that I not only don't matter, I don't even deserve to live because I'm on the left so I'm obviously a white Nazi.

:lol
only 3  :mjcry

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31204 on: November 29, 2020, 08:25:34 PM »
"As An Asexual Asian American"

Amazing Alliteration

this is assonance motherfucker
Uncle

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #31205 on: November 29, 2020, 08:26:33 PM »
I can't wait to give CDPR $60 just to trigger those autoerotic fetish clowns.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31206 on: November 29, 2020, 08:44:39 PM »
"As An Asexual Asian American"

Amazing Alliteration

Old man moment from me here, but I don‘t see what kind of discrimination asexuals face and why they see themselves as a part of the pride movement.

I want to marry, I want to adopt children, I want to legally change my gender.  :respect

I don‘t want to fuck :trumps

it's the same as the discrimination faced by teetotalers, who get weird looks and the cold shoulder and passed over for promotions because the boss "didn't get to know them well enough" at the company retreat since they refused to drink

simulated conversation:

bossman - "hey, check out the ass on that one over there, huh?"
:shaq

ace individual - "sorry, I don't experience sexual attraction.  I'm asexual and also your comments are insulting and heteronormative"
:social2

bossman - "oh uh...ok then, I'll just leave you to it...and go talk to Jenkins over there"
:mindblown

jenkins - "I would totally hit that sir"
:success

bossman - "you're the kind of man I can trust.  consider yourself promoted"
:success

ace individual -
:crybaby
Uncle

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31207 on: November 29, 2020, 09:51:25 PM »
This whole Cyperpunk 2077 nonsense is so dumb. It's going to have some problematic stuff I'm sure. It's maybe made by people who have some problematic or just uninformed views. But then again, probably everything is. A game like this is made by a huge company, they are bound to have people of all kinds of opinions. But I certainly doubt that as an artistic medium, it dosen't have people from all walks of life working on it. Maybe I'm dumb, but I think for a great many people trans issues are honestly a new thing. New in that it is just reaching the mainstream. You're not going to reach and inform people about it by demonizing them and the simple thing they are going to enjoy in spite of whatever problems it has.

I await the articles about the game and the content it has. But I'm not going to want to read that kotaku article that attacks the game and me because I like the game.

I know it's bullshit to put the onus of responsibility of having to inform people about these issues, but thats the way it is. You aren't going to reach them if you constantly tell them they are bad.

I won't lie, I've become numb to trans issues. I consider myself a fairly open minded person and I run on the "be kind and let people be what they want" flow. But I've become increasingly uninterested in engaging the the community because I feel like I'll be ran through the coals if I say the wrong thing.

I know ree dosen't represent the real world obviously, but I can't help but look at it and think "yeah those idiot alt-righters have a point". I think thier point is an extreme not really based on reality, but the peeps at ree sure aren't helping.

All this ironically about a game that I feel is actually pretty "inclusive".  Inclusive in that I think it's just going to allow you to be whoever you want. A game I feel is probably going to have a pretty left leaning bent.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 12:12:33 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #31208 on: November 29, 2020, 10:38:24 PM »
You think those posters are actually gonna boycott or will they get it "just to check" that it was as transphobic as they kept saying? I'd be surprised if a single one of them resists buying it tbh, these aren't people with moral fortitude.

That being said, the the only reason i'm not getting it is because vidya games are boring, so i'll have to read you people talk about how evil or non-evil it is to get an impression.

Averon

« Reply #31209 on: November 29, 2020, 11:40:03 PM »
TransERA has constructed an almost entirely fictional CDPR and CP 2077 in their heads, and you better believe their head-cannon about what they think CDPR and CP 2077 are or you're a transphobe and/or "fake ally" in their eyes. They are already starting to tar LGBT friendly streamers as "fake allies" for daring to publically play the game.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 11:58:27 PM by Averon »

Bore Expert

« Reply #31210 on: November 30, 2020, 02:08:26 AM »
remember when bobrob used to try convincing everyone that disney had no control over star war  :lol :neogaf

:gaas :bobby :piss2

Bobby died on a hill. It was a mole hill and he attempted to free climb it.

:lucas

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #31211 on: November 30, 2020, 02:31:03 AM »
Neogaf believes that Joe Biden was arrested for election fraud and the ankle incident is a story to hide his ankle monitor so he doesn't flee

:picard :picard :picard
:O

Bore Expert

« Reply #31213 on: November 30, 2020, 04:21:00 AM »
Evilore gonna have to get a job. Imagine that.  Former owner of Neogaf.  :money

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31214 on: November 30, 2020, 04:28:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-is-hostile-to-anyone-who-isnt-center-right-and-has-been-driving-many-great-users-away-because-of-this.335109/

👀

And there will always be another KuwabaraTheMan. Another Oheao. Another Azuran. Another Desparadina. Another Psychoward

HOLY SHIT THIS IS YOUR BEST?! :lol

Great users my ass.

Could have at least took mekanos with you while you're throwing out the trash

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31215 on: November 30, 2020, 04:48:04 AM »
Because "leftist" era can honestly fuck off.

When you're talking about abolishing democracy because the oiks can't be trusted to vote the way you think they should, I'm not buying your commitment to the agency of the proletariat.

Because it seems like you're actually fine with the concept of power structures where the elite dictate and exploit the actions of the populace, you just want to be a part of that elite but are too fucking lazy or incompetent to get there on your own merits.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #31216 on: November 30, 2020, 05:04:03 AM »
There's Messy organising harrassment campaigns against women again

Has anyone sent them a link to the OP of this thread? Better than nothing, that at least we tried and informed them, so whatever they choose to do, it's on them.

What is it about Alannah that triggers them so much?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #31217 on: November 30, 2020, 05:05:31 AM »
- cis white woman
- in cyberpunk
- questionable ethics
- Aussie. 

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31218 on: November 30, 2020, 05:13:02 AM »
- cis white woman
- in cyberpunk
- questionable ethics
- Aussie.

- pretty hot

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #31219 on: November 30, 2020, 05:36:59 AM »
Like, is it really that hard to just stay away from this game? I mean, with Dechart and Blaire, neither are LGBT+, but negaoryx and Alanah Pearce can't use that excuse.

See an individual with self awareness would legitimately question their evidence and case, especially considering NOBODY except themselves are getting worked up about it.

Stuff like this almost feels like passive gaslighting. So many otherwise decent folks seem to be involved in this that it makes my subconscious question things, because they can't ALL just be completely oblivious to CDPR's extremely visible transphobia, right? The company isn't hiding any of that. They're just refusing to acknowledge it.

I also love how its now couched as 'extremely visible'.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #31220 on: November 30, 2020, 05:45:22 AM »
"They're just refusing to acknowledge it."

They fired the guy who posted the Twitter joke. Donated to a lgbt charity and hired a trans musician for the soundtrack, but obviously none of that means anything and is actually further proof that they hate trans people

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31221 on: November 30, 2020, 05:47:39 AM »
Also sold merch on their corporate store whose proceeds went to charity which I am just going to go right ahead and assume made more of a positive difference to LGBT issues in a place that needs more support than all of eras bitching ever has

Averon

« Reply #31222 on: November 30, 2020, 05:47:51 AM »
I really hope they don't. But honestly anything they might do, and I've believed this from the onset, is far more likely to be passive-aggressive in nature.
The fact is even if the director/writer are Transphobic to the extreme, pushing it that far is to much and will cause a problem for a lot of people.

So they admit the "transphobia" in CP 2077 is vague, read-between-the-lines, not clear at all at best? So why do they think everyone else should hop on the "CDPR are transphobes and CP 2077 will usher in a new age of trans hate" train if even they admit the evidence is spotty at best?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #31223 on: November 30, 2020, 05:48:18 AM »
they along with JK Rowling are literally killing trans kids, I don't know how, but they are!

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31224 on: November 30, 2020, 06:15:55 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Uh... Did anybody else do a double take because at first glance it looked like she's shaving a thick AF beard off? I wonder how accidental that is...

:mindblown :iface

Ghoul

« Reply #31225 on: November 30, 2020, 06:19:57 AM »
you missed the best part off, "there are two genders male and political :D

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #31226 on: November 30, 2020, 07:22:27 AM »
ree's issue with cyberpunk is nothing to do with the actual content, it's CDPR's refusal to bend the knee. most studios aren't based in eastern europe, don't have CDPR's clout or have a guaranteed mega seller in the works. compare them with ubisoft who despite seemingly being proliferated with actually abusive creeps, will fall over themselves to submit to any accusation of wrongthink from the ree circles.

CDPR seem largely immune to the puritanical witchunt, and that's worse than any individual transgression.

Switters

« Reply #31227 on: November 30, 2020, 07:36:21 AM »
I haven't seen a single thing about CDPR's transphobia outside of RE and I spend about 4 hours day on reddit.

It really just comes down to the chromanticore ad. Claiming the person with testicles puking in the restroom is trans is a stretch, not to mention DRAG ERASURE.

The game is going to be about as punk and politically charged as Biker Mice from Mars. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just fucking stupid.

Anyway, good luck to the 4 people keeping that thread alive.
troll

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #31228 on: November 30, 2020, 08:24:24 AM »
ree's issue with cyberpunk is nothing to do with the actual content, it's CDPR's refusal to bend the knee. most studios aren't based in eastern europe, don't have CDPR's clout or have a guaranteed mega seller in the works. compare them with ubisoft who despite seemingly being proliferated with actually abusive creeps, will fall over themselves to submit to any accusation of wrongthink from the ree circles.

CDPR seem largely immune to the puritanical witchunt, and that's worse than any individual transgression.

CDPR not bending the knee being the real issue hits the nail on the head :ohhh
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #31229 on: November 30, 2020, 09:00:11 AM »
- cis white woman
- in cyberpunk
- questionable ethics
- Aussie.

- Can’t be bought by messy’s parents
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #31230 on: November 30, 2020, 09:14:28 AM »

- Can’t be bought by messy’s parents

Every woman can be bought, haven't you learned anything during Misogynist March/May?   ::) ::) ::)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #31231 on: November 30, 2020, 09:17:52 AM »
I doubt think there’s anyone online I’d like to give a swirly or a titty twister to than that limp dicked simp messy :rash
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31232 on: November 30, 2020, 09:42:58 AM »
I'm obviously a white Nazi.

I've always had my suspicions, but you hate to have to find out like this. :(
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31233 on: November 30, 2020, 10:05:55 AM »

the thing is, they essentially did bend the knee to everything ree would've wanted

they fired the person who made the joke and they hired trans artists and collaborators

and other companies might not even have done the voice = pronouns thing and just had the standard male/female character creator

the only thing they didn't do is pull chromanticore and apologize for it
Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #31234 on: November 30, 2020, 10:19:59 AM »
Quote from: Phellps
Unfortunately, being part of the LGBTQIA+ acronym does not make one immune to being a shit person.

I mean, that's a fucking fantastic entry, but unfortunately the competition to choose a motto for reeeeera is closed  :(

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31235 on: November 30, 2020, 10:51:07 AM »
Unfortunately, being part of the LGBTQIA+ acronym does not make one immune to being a shit person. Some people just don't care about stuff that does not affect them.

"CDPR needs to listen to LGBTQIA+ people!"

"Actually LGBTQIA+ people are also shit if they don't have the exact same opinion as us!"

Ghoul

« Reply #31236 on: November 30, 2020, 10:55:46 AM »
It's the age old tale, of you can think someone is a cunt because of how they act. and that has no connection to them being LGBTQ+ it's that they as a person are a cunt. Looking at you KetKat

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31237 on: November 30, 2020, 10:57:05 AM »

the thing is, they essentially did bend the knee to everything ree would've wanted

they fired the person who made the joke and they hired trans artists and collaborators

and other companies might not even have done the voice = pronouns thing and just had the standard male/female character creator

That's the funny part, the character creation letting you mix male and female parts came specifically after Klepek complained about it in an article (and that's also when RE suddenly started to claim that you can't have a cyberpunk RPG without genderfluid character creator). They listened to this and added the option with the only downside that the pronouns are locked to the male/female voice, something that makes sense when you consider the huge effort it would take for an option probably only 0.5% (if even that) of all players are likely to use.

Now they've twisted this into thinking they added trans options just to mock them, trans options they specifically asked for.

Switters

« Reply #31238 on: November 30, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »
Wish: We want a futuristic world where anyone can be anything and being trans is not subject to any discrimination or prejudice.

The Monkey's Paw: Granted, as you become more ubiquitous and unburdened the more the market will commoditize your demographic.

How is this lost on anyone? Even the tamest straightest ad in game is dripping with sex.

troll

Boredfrom

« Reply #31239 on: November 30, 2020, 12:23:50 PM »

So they want that studios bend the knee publicly.

Is like their issue with ignore lists, they want to let be but at the same time they demand attention and not letting others be.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31240 on: November 30, 2020, 01:01:51 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/blm-social-justice-grifter-says-white-people-are-not-born-into-being-human.1579509/#post-261338809
Quote from: King of Foxes
I am so glad there are no black people in my country to ruin it like that fat sack of shit, university in america must be fucking draining

Great site you're running there, shower man.
ど助平

Ghoul

« Reply #31241 on: November 30, 2020, 02:19:08 PM »
probably keeps him crying in the shower.

Clockwork5

« Reply #31242 on: November 30, 2020, 02:45:32 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/blm-social-justice-grifter-says-white-people-are-not-born-into-being-human.1579509/#post-261338809
Quote from: King of Foxes
I am so glad there are no black people in my country to ruin it like that fat sack of shit, university in america must be fucking draining
(Image removed from quote.)

Great site you're running there, shower man.
I like the way she giggles as she says “That’s why white people aren’t human, they’re demons.” while a room full of white people nod along.

I don’t agree with her and do consider myself to have an average amount of humanity but I’ll give it to her, that takes some balls.
:whew

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31243 on: November 30, 2020, 02:55:02 PM »
White people are DEMONS!!

If you liked this Ring the bell
Also subscribe to my newsletter

Donate on Patreon for more content like this
🤴

Averon

« Reply #31244 on: November 30, 2020, 03:11:31 PM »
So according to ERA...

The media can't be trusted to critique CP 2077
Gamers can't be trusted to critique CP 2077
LGBT+ allies can't be trusted to critique CP 2077
Hell, even actual LGBT+ people can't be trusted with CP 2077 apparently

The only thing that matter is the admittedly vague, read-between-the-lines transphobia that only the community and mods of ResetERA can clearly identify.

Do they not see the problem here?  They look like complete :tinfoil to everyone else.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31245 on: November 30, 2020, 03:27:44 PM »
Its more the balls she has to write out her paypal account in marker on the paper.

Gotta make those nissan payments somehow

Switters

« Reply #31246 on: November 30, 2020, 03:56:05 PM »
Kyuuji: posts impassioned screed

Black Chamber: So anyways, I just start blastin!

:sabu

troll

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31247 on: November 30, 2020, 03:56:35 PM »
So according to ERA...

The media can't be trusted to critique CP 2077
Gamers can't be trusted to critique CP 2077
LGBT+ allies can't be trusted to critique CP 2077
Hell, even actual LGBT+ people can't be trusted with CP 2077 apparently

The only thing that matter is the admittedly vague, read-between-the-lines transphobia that only the community and mods of ResetERA can clearly identify.

Do they not see the problem here?  They look like complete :tinfoil to everyone else.
;)

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #31248 on: November 30, 2020, 04:34:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/freedom-of-speech-is-becoming-dangerous.335697/

Usual silly ERA shit, until we get the diamond in this rough...

I agree, it's one of those things like being able to own guns that might have made sense in the 40s when they made the constitution but it doesn't really work now in 2020

I have a hard time taking anyone serious that says something as absurd as the constitution was made in the 40's as an arguing point. Please educate yourself on something that basic at the least.
Wasn't it? It doesn't really change my argument either way.

:era

Doesn’t even acknowledge how far off they were.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31249 on: November 30, 2020, 04:56:27 PM »
Freedom of Speech made sense in the 40’s, but now it’s 2020 and we’ve got Nazis and racial slurs!
©@©™

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #31250 on: November 30, 2020, 05:14:52 PM »
Pretty sure gravity is the speed of light, no?

:brain

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #31251 on: November 30, 2020, 06:22:46 PM »
 :wut

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #31252 on: November 30, 2020, 06:26:59 PM »
Pretty sure gravity is the speed of light, no?

:brain

Gravitational waves do move at the speed of light :ufup

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #31253 on: November 30, 2020, 06:36:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/freedom-of-speech-is-becoming-dangerous.335697/

I agree, it's one of those things like being able to own guns that might have made sense in the 40s when they made the constitution but it doesn't really work now in 2020

I have a hard time taking anyone serious that says something as absurd as the constitution was made in the 40's as an arguing point. Please educate yourself on something that basic at the least.

I understand not knowing precise dates, but what was their mental imagery here, the founding fathers with suits and fedoras and shit?  ???

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #31254 on: November 30, 2020, 06:53:40 PM »

I understand not knowing precise dates, but what was their mental imagery here, the founding fathers with suits and fedoras and shit?  ???

Listen up boys, We're gonna make a bi-cameral legislative, seeee.   Myah!

sigh

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #31255 on: November 30, 2020, 07:34:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/joe-biden-officially-projected-to-be-the-46th-president-of-the-united-states.320914/post-52520207
Quote from: Neiteio, post: 52520207, member: 7970
How does someone misspell the same word in such spectacular fashion, and do it TWICE and in different ways each time, all in the same headline
I can think of a certain mod who does it all the time

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #31256 on: November 30, 2020, 08:12:58 PM »

Yeah, you know? Back when they were slave owners.

blame space

« Reply #31257 on: November 30, 2020, 09:51:49 PM »
never specified which 40s tho

:rollsafe

Switters

« Reply #31258 on: November 30, 2020, 11:09:24 PM »
Does no one remember the great 1940's film adaptations of the constitution? The Grapes of the Federal Government? The swashbuckling adventure The Mark of James Madison?

I feel like I'm being fucking gaslit here!!!
troll

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31259 on: November 30, 2020, 11:13:47 PM »
https://www.polygon.com/reviews/21723089/immortals-fenyx-rising-review-ubisoft-pc-ps4-ps5-switch-stadia-xbox-one-series-x
When the game turns the camera back onto Zeus and reflects on the ways he was an atrocious father and ruler, it’s impossible to not think about the reports of the toxic culture at Ubisoft Quebec, the primary developer on this game. But a game designer who might be in a poor work environment doesn’t get to use an array of powerful abilities to stand up to those who abuse their power. They don’t get to make them disappear after a few attempts. The worst monsters remain, unchecked and unpunished

Maybe open-world games don’t need to boast 175 hours of playtime even while torturing developers with months of crunch. Immortals, and by extension Ubisoft, isn’t immune to this problem, but there are pieces here that argue for a shift in the scope of a genre that has historically been more interested in simulating the minute details of a horse’s genitalia than caring for the people who worked on them.

It's almost like the Kotaku PS5 review all over again.  And none of the links in the second part are related to Ubisoft.
ど助平