Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136433 times)

Cheststrongwell

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #31680 on: December 05, 2020, 07:13:01 PM »
Mods need to grow some balls and just ban the game or ban TransEra.  :-*

knux-future

« Reply #31681 on: December 05, 2020, 07:13:11 PM »
lol Black Chamber returns and only responds to the posts thanking him.

dude has to be doing this on purpose at this point lol.

they are going to be so maaaad

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31682 on: December 05, 2020, 07:14:55 PM »
I am extremely disappointed at the reactions I'm seeing in this thread. Not surprised, though. The OT creators didn't need to worry about being called performatively woke.

This thread, all the other OTs and hype threads... All of that show that ResetEra is, indeed, performatively woke.

This place was originally created as a form of support for marginalized groups. But what kind of support is that when you allow anything that is polite enough to thrive here, no matter how much it hurts minorities?

I'm not trans, but I do not feel safe here. Multiple marginalized members do not feel safe here. Is this the place you wanted it to be? Unsafe for the same people who felt unsafe in the old place?

It's sad, hurtful, frustrating, and disappointing.
:hmph
This is 100% how I feel as well.

Yes continue to shit up everything bois :rash
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31683 on: December 05, 2020, 07:15:42 PM »
You don't need to ban TransEra because they all say they'll just leave if Cyberpunk isn't banned. Problem solves itself. As long as they're telling the truth of course and I don't know why anyone would think they aren't posting in good faith...

benjipwns

« Reply #31684 on: December 05, 2020, 07:16:38 PM »
Seeing the main thread is already back to just willfully and obviously ignoring everything remotely negative and just pretending the posts, and trans Era members, don't exist or aren't noteworthy in any way, shape or form:

How on Earth do you, mods and admins, STILL think your plan of closing the OT for one whole day and then continueing this giant mess as per usual will do ANYTHING but drive away trans members and allies? Can you actually tell me to my face that you think this is a good idea? Are you really saying "yes game bad, but it's more important than the tiny trans community that's being completely ridiculed and ignored by handling this game this way? I just don't get it. Wasn't Era built on inclusivity and support of minority groups? Is there, like, a size requirement of these groups that has to be weighted against the size of a particular offensive game's audience? Do you not see what's going on right now?

Or, tl;dr, how do you actually, in clear words, justify putting advertisement for this game, that is very clearly attacking trans people and other minorities over the happiness of said minorities, in particular obviously the trans community, while still insisting to frame Era as being honestly inclusive and welcoming?

I don't even want to start an argument, I honestly do not get it. You MUST see how bad all of this is. I don't expect a real answer to this, but I still have som

Boredfrom

« Reply #31685 on: December 05, 2020, 07:17:02 PM »
The moment that they ban TransEra is the moment they lost any leftie woke gamer support that they had.
That is not a lot, mind you, I don’t remember another Gamergate esque controversy outside Ion Fury.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31686 on: December 05, 2020, 07:17:08 PM »
They should just start bombing every thread until the mods ban Cyberpunk. :rash

Fight the good fight TransEra :salute

This hits the nail on the head for me. I just don't understand how you can allow that sort of thing and it's happened before with other communities within Era that have had large portions of their population bail because this place continually fails to provide a safe space. In the case of CP2077, I am not a trans person myself and the attitude here is getting to me. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a trans person trying to feel heard and welcomed right now, and for those in here still trying you are crazy strong.
:rofl
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #31687 on: December 05, 2020, 07:19:25 PM »
This hits the nail on the head for me. I just don't understand how you can allow that sort of thing and it's happened before with other communities within Era that have had large portions of their population bail because this place continually fails to provide a safe space.
Demand the impossible, be surprised when it doesn't happen.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31688 on: December 05, 2020, 07:19:55 PM »
Well, I don't know if this belongs here but as an asexual, I'm not too excited about the fact that there is a sex scene that's apparently required in the main story. It's rather...minor compared to the transphobia but also...yick.
:lol
🤴

knux-future

« Reply #31689 on: December 05, 2020, 07:20:14 PM »
The moment that they ban TransEra is the moment they lost any leftie woke gamer support that they had.
That is not a lot, mind you, I don’t remember another Gamergate esque controversy outside Ion Fury.

would improve the board 100%.

There needs to be a zone between GAF EUGENICS OR BUST nature and Era's ANYONE WHO DISSAGREES IS A NAZI.

benjipwns

« Reply #31690 on: December 05, 2020, 07:20:39 PM »
Xaszatm sees a popular thread not about them: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53264980
Quote from: Xaszatm
Well, I don't know if this belongs here but as an asexual, I'm not too excited about the fact that there is a sex scene that's apparently required in the main story. It's rather...minor compared to the transphobia but also...yick.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31691 on: December 05, 2020, 07:21:32 PM »
Xaszatm sees a popular thread not about them: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53264980

yeah I also saw that in the spoiler thread. Made me feel real uneasy, that stuff should 100% not be part of a required step in any main story
🤴

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #31692 on: December 05, 2020, 07:22:13 PM »
They should just start bombing every thread until the mods ban Cyberpunk. :rash

Fight the good fight TransEra :salute

This hits the nail on the head for me. I just don't understand how you can allow that sort of thing and it's happened before with other communities within Era that have had large portions of their population bail because this place continually fails to provide a safe space. In the case of CP2077, I am not a trans person myself and the attitude here is getting to me. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a trans person trying to feel heard and welcomed right now, and for those in here still trying you are crazy strong.
:rofl

Crazy strong enough to demand a guy be banned whose biggest offense is that his pro-trans support isn't in the correct style
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #31693 on: December 05, 2020, 07:23:24 PM »
are you fucking kidding me

yes THANK you for the support

i can't lol
cross-thread drama :wag

Cheststrongwell

« Reply #31694 on: December 05, 2020, 07:24:24 PM »

would improve the board 100%.

There needs to be a zone between GAF EUGENICS OR BUST nature and Era's ANYONE WHO DISSAGREES IS A NAZI.

Would be great, but I don't think it's possible with this level of mental illness/trolls. At least it's entertaining to watch. OT gonna be lit.

benjipwns

« Reply #31695 on: December 05, 2020, 07:24:47 PM »
Quote from: Lamptramp
I have never felt more mute or unwelcome than the posts immediately following the reopening of this thread.

"THANKS OP, HYPE!!!" without a hint of introspection or empathy, made me sad to be a member.
never?

Boredfrom

« Reply #31696 on: December 05, 2020, 07:25:40 PM »

yeah I also saw that in the spoiler thread. Made me feel real uneasy, that stuff should 100% not be part of a required step in any main story

:awesome

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31697 on: December 05, 2020, 07:26:01 PM »

:nsfw
https://godofwar.fandom.com/wiki/Topless_Women

:yuck

ban all sony games
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #31698 on: December 05, 2020, 07:27:14 PM »
Genuinely asking: what makes you feel "unsafe" about being here?
Genuine concerns coming from marginalized people are being ignored, dismissed, buried, and even attacked by other members. As long as the tone is considered polite, nothing happens to those causing such harm. At that point, others and I can't help but wonder if we truly have a place here if we want to talk about these issues and not just the fun aspects of gaming. Except that we joined this forum with the promise that this would be encouraged.

I think it's okay to be excited about a game. I also think it's important to show empathy, give space, and support people being hurt by this game and the company behind it. The latter isn't happening at all. People are just trying to silence genuine concerns by showing support to the OT creators and hyping the game infinitely. The message is clear: "we don't want that kind of talk in this thread."

And the OP's response to what is happening is a perfect example of what I just described. That's why we feel unsafe and unwelcomed.
UNSAFE

Boredfrom

« Reply #31699 on: December 05, 2020, 07:27:58 PM »
I don’t think being asexual should be find sex icky by default. Didn’t other user said he was asexual but masturbated daily and had many kinks?

benjipwns

« Reply #31700 on: December 05, 2020, 07:28:33 PM »
Quote from: Kyuuji
About as tone deaf as you could get.
All that back slapping camaraderie, makes me physically ill.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31701 on: December 05, 2020, 07:30:40 PM »
I don’t think being asexual should be find sex icky by default. Didn’t other user said he was asexual but masturbated daily and had many kinks?

they doesn't speak for all asexuals  :wag
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31702 on: December 05, 2020, 07:30:51 PM »
The Gamers of Era have Risen Up  8)

I'm proud of all those bois :uguu
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #31703 on: December 05, 2020, 07:31:16 PM »
In retrospect, I guess it shouldn’t be surprising that the very first bullet point in this thread’s pinned staff post is violated by the administration and users constantly. After a while, when you can’t seem to have the back of any marginalized community here it may come time to drop the progressive branding and just admit you want to be an old-school video game message board version of Reddit.

Really sad to see the ResetEra experiment continually fail, and I’m sorry the trans community here has to be the latest victims of this cowardice and embarrassing need to consume at all cost.
:sicko

benjipwns

« Reply #31704 on: December 05, 2020, 07:32:38 PM »
Obviously I will eat a ban of 6 months for typing which words I would want to type there, as big mature words aren't allowed here, games filled with tits and hatred are perfectly fine, as is people pissing on the marginalised.

I know what words I typed there, for that poster, describing them, you know the words I wrote, as will any cowardly impotent mod who would ever be arsed to come in here for any reason. For this site that will allow that tone deaf, insulting bullshit to happen after what happened this evening that it was allowed to come back like that, is fucking disgusting. Shame ERA, Shame!

Oh yeah you know exactly which words I used there, all of them. That one too. I used it.

****s

Cheststrongwell

« Reply #31705 on: December 05, 2020, 07:33:20 PM »
Quote from: Kyuuji
About as tone deaf as you could get.
  :social

benjipwns

« Reply #31706 on: December 05, 2020, 07:34:05 PM »
The replies in the Night City thread are incredibly fucked up. I am honestly in shock at how tone deaf it is.

I used to be fine with at least having all the evidence and concerns of this thread plastered all over the OT but now I absolutely do not want an OT of this game at all. Any gesture they try to do in the OT will be meaningless to me and will only exist to make everyone playing the game just feel better about themselves for doing the bare minimum.
Of course there wasn't an apology.

Of course he continued to ignore all of us.

Of course he only showed empathy towards his supporters.
This says everything that's needed about his character.
BAN BLACK CHAMBER BAN CYBERPUNK BAN NACHOBRO'S ENTIRE LIST

benjipwns

« Reply #31707 on: December 05, 2020, 07:34:34 PM »
FREE NACHBRO BAN BORK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31708 on: December 05, 2020, 07:34:48 PM »
Kyuuji the Genius slain by Black Chamber.

This is like the overtime of the 2020 election all over again.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31709 on: December 05, 2020, 07:35:00 PM »
Dennis8K said:
Thank you to

Black Chamber
vestan
Android Sophia

and any other users or moderators/admins that are involved in crafting the OT. I am sure it isn't easy.

I am very much looking forward to the OT and I am sure it will be both spectacular and highlight the criticisms that have been raised against CDPR.

:gamergate ban this cisnazi piece of shit IMMEDIATELY!!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31710 on: December 05, 2020, 07:36:37 PM »
Everyone is not welcome when one community is consistently saying they feel unwelcome. What is even happening right now.

BUT MUH FEELINGS... I AM WELCOME BUT I "FEEL" UNWELCOME  :crybaby
🤴

ShutUp

« Reply #31711 on: December 05, 2020, 07:36:55 PM »
The audacity to whine that Black Chamber isn't apologizing for being attacked...Jesus Christ.

These people are genuinely mentally ill.

Also, since they no doubt read this thread: the game nor the company or transphobic. Get the fuck over it.

benjipwns

« Reply #31712 on: December 05, 2020, 07:37:01 PM »
Thank you for maintaining the thread and the discord despite everything that's been going on. I know it can't be easy to walk the line like you have been doing. And I'm glad you have maintained the idea that everyone is welcome for the OT. I think it's important that the thread is open for everyone as well as the discussion that takes place within it.
Can we define everyone? If everyone is included in the truest sense of the word then the thread will be an unsafe place for people from the trans community.
what

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31713 on: December 05, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »
many fetishes :amirox

benjipwns

« Reply #31714 on: December 05, 2020, 07:38:23 PM »
Quote from: BethCyra
As of this point, the fact they are acting being treated like a hero has come home when that hero implicated I was harassing and antagonizing them for a firm answer on inclusion is to much for me. Though I even told one poster last night -who was kind, I’m very grateful to that Ally so thank you- but we both knew exactly how this would play out lol.

I’ll stick around and see how they handle this OP as I feel like it’s my job to be here with all our Trans Sisters/Brothers/Non-Binaries and that and I don’t believe them, but after I will be leaving Era.

I don’t say this to drum up anxiety between these two groups, but I am not some of you who have it in you to continue.

I moved from Gaf all those years ago when we saw just how we where viewed, I’ve seen most of these faces longer than half of them realize and no amount of Trans mods will change that we operate on what Cis are willing to give us and when they are willing to do it and it’s barely better then Gaf.

Even Mods have said both OT creators handled this like shit, and one came in and dismissed our communities and the other made it personal for me.

I look forward to the next few days with you all.
:fbm

ShutUp

« Reply #31715 on: December 05, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »
Thank you for maintaining the thread and the discord despite everything that's been going on. I know it can't be easy to walk the line like you have been doing. And I'm glad you have maintained the idea that everyone is welcome for the OT. I think it's important that the thread is open for everyone as well as the discussion that takes place within it.
Can we define everyone? If everyone is included in the truest sense of the word then the thread will be an unsafe place for people from the trans community.
what

Well obviously EVERYONE means the Russian Nazi bots will infiltrate the OT too. Can't have that.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31716 on: December 05, 2020, 07:40:38 PM »
People are more upset they can't have the circle jerk hype thread, than they are with the actual issues, expected I guess, but still surprised people aren't even hiding it anymore, the actual OT will probably be even less subtle about it. The it's better to educate and keep the conversation going than turn people away was a complete failure.

I'm just sorry Transera.
:stahp
🤴

ShutUp

« Reply #31717 on: December 05, 2020, 07:41:13 PM »
Seeing the continued attempts to shit up the reopened thread get completely ignored makes me think they made a pact to just talk about the game and nothing else in the discord.

One post RAGE, next post talking about the Meta critic prediction for the game  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31718 on: December 05, 2020, 07:41:42 PM »
Seeing the continued attempts to shit up the reopened thread get completely ignored makes me think they made a pact to just talk about the game and nothing else in the discord.

One post RAGE, next post talking about the Meta critic prediction for the game  :lol
The discord probably sounds like a chicken farm now.  :lol
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #31719 on: December 05, 2020, 07:41:59 PM »
Damn, the ERA train literally never stops, it's drama every single day.
I'm starting feel it and i'm not even on it.  :lol

Should be classified as a health hazard, if you're prone to depression. :thinking

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31720 on: December 05, 2020, 07:42:05 PM »
dear transera,

we would like to cordially invite you and welcome you into our own cyber punk thread: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=38376.0

it's all inclusive and safe. I can 100% guarantee your safety while posting in our thread.

fuck cdpr and all the cishet scum who support them, now let's all enjoy vidya together  :heart

sincerely, the filler trans security detail  :pimp

ShutUp

« Reply #31721 on: December 05, 2020, 07:42:53 PM »
People are more upset they can't have the circle jerk hype thread, than they are with the actual issues, expected I guess, but still surprised people aren't even hiding it anymore, the actual OT will probably be even less subtle about it. The it's better to educate and keep the conversation going than turn people away was a complete failure.

I'm just sorry Transera.
:stahp

There are no "actual issues" besides the one you idiots are inventing in your heads.

benjipwns

« Reply #31722 on: December 05, 2020, 07:43:06 PM »
To show my support and also as a sign of protest, I'll be leaving this place as well, unless some drastic changes happen.

Hopefully, we can find a place that truly welcomes and supports marginalized people. ResetEra failed to be that place. It failed hard.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31723 on: December 05, 2020, 07:43:35 PM »
no lies there, ResetEra failed hard
🤴

ShutUp

« Reply #31724 on: December 05, 2020, 07:47:12 PM »
This is a completely disgusting and tone-deaf post and you haven't even apologized

In response to Black Chambers post in which he didn't film himself being whipped for the sin of defending himself from multiple people attacking him repeatedly.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #31725 on: December 05, 2020, 07:48:08 PM »
Quote from: BethCyra
As of this point, the fact they are acting being treated like a hero has come home when that hero implicated I was harassing and antagonizing them for a firm answer on inclusion is to much for me. Though I even told one poster last night -who was kind, I’m very grateful to that Ally so thank you- but we both knew exactly how this would play out lol.

I’ll stick around and see how they handle this OP as I feel like it’s my job to be here with all our Trans Sisters/Brothers/Non-Binaries and that and I don’t believe them, but after I will be leaving Era.

I don’t say this to drum up anxiety between these two groups, but I am not some of you who have it in you to continue.

I moved from Gaf all those years ago when we saw just how we where viewed, I’ve seen most of these faces longer than half of them realize and no amount of Trans mods will change that we operate on what Cis are willing to give us and when they are willing to do it and it’s barely better then Gaf.

Even Mods have said both OT creators handled this like shit, and one came in and dismissed our communities and the other made it personal for me.

I look forward to the next few days with you all.
:fbm

Six Days Later . . .

Well, I'm going to stick around to see how it continues to play out and monitor the situation.  I'm interested in what progress will be made and it's my responsibility to continue posting.  Also, I received a free copy of the game along with a new puppy I'm naming Checkers and it's just so important that I judge how we should react.
sigh

ShutUp

« Reply #31726 on: December 05, 2020, 07:48:15 PM »
To show my support and also as a sign of protest, I'll be leaving this place as well, unless some drastic changes happen.

Hopefully, we can find a place that truly welcomes and supports marginalized people. ResetEra failed to be that place. It failed hard.

Picturing them showing up on an already established board and trying to take over Cyberpunk discussions there is some funny shit.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31727 on: December 05, 2020, 07:48:17 PM »
Treated like a hero for "coming back" after being called out for leading us on instead of giving us a straight answer. What a fucking joke. This site is showing it CANNOT have Cyberpunk discussion without throwing us under the bus.

Honestly feel shit on how we are letting down our trans community here, I can understand why people will leave, this site is meant to be fun and it shouldn't be a source of pain for you guys, but I just know that without our Trans community, this place would be so much lesser. I want you all to know how much I've learnt from you guys and appreciate you. I truly believe your perspectives have helped me be a better person and I'm really grateful for that
ResetEra was never fun, what's this douchenozzle talking about.

You think this is FUN you Nazi piece of shit
🤴

ShutUp

« Reply #31728 on: December 05, 2020, 07:50:12 PM »
No one is throwing them under the bus except for themselves   :rofl

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31729 on: December 05, 2020, 07:51:26 PM »
Obviously I will eat a ban of 6 months for typing which words I would want to type there, as big mature words aren't allowed here, games filled with tits and hatred are perfectly fine, as is people pissing on the marginalised.

I know what words I typed there, for that poster, describing them, you know the words I wrote, as will any cowardly impotent mod who would ever be arsed to come in here for any reason. For this site that will allow that tone deaf, insulting bullshit to happen after what happened this evening that it was allowed to come back like that, is fucking disgusting. Shame ERA, Shame!

Oh yeah you know exactly which words I used there, all of them. That one too. I used it.

****s

Dropping n-words left and right, wow

ShutUp

« Reply #31730 on: December 05, 2020, 07:52:45 PM »
"Our concerns being flat out ignored is disgusting to see"

Well gee, that's what happens when you repeatedly attack other members and they finally have enough of it. Why engage with it when you don't want to have an actual discussion? Better to tune you out and just actually enjoy talking about a game you are looking forward to.

benjipwns

« Reply #31731 on: December 05, 2020, 07:53:51 PM »
The fact that they are still going "sorry you had to go through that shit", reducing the issues to "sniping", and the fact that apparently they were in a discord and talking about it...well, it makes me feel unwelcome 💯
Yeah, just imagine that...

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31732 on: December 05, 2020, 07:53:54 PM »
I have never felt more mute or unwelcome than the posts immediately following the reopening of this thread.

"THANKS OP, HYPE!!!" without a hint of introspection or empathy, made me sad to be a member.
never?

In fairness, they only decided they're trans a couple of weeks ago

benjipwns

« Reply #31733 on: December 05, 2020, 07:55:20 PM »
To everyone else reading this: I won't try to convince you to leave with us, but I want you to know this: you do not deserve the treatment this forum is giving you. You deserve better. So. Much. Better. If we ever find ourselves somewhere else, I hope that place will be what we want this to be.
:salute

benjipwns

« Reply #31734 on: December 05, 2020, 07:57:59 PM »
Quote from: Sweet Nicole
You would think for as much as staff went to bat for Black Chamber, they would have made it clear that he really fucked up and should have been forthright from the beginning. I would have hoped there would have been a serious discussion that he needed to make amends and apologize for the incident after the thread was unlocked to set things back to normal, not come back in with a self congratulatory post after his own posts got the thread locked in the first place and caused the mess. But that's none of my business.

:kermit

benjipwns

« Reply #31735 on: December 05, 2020, 07:59:04 PM »
Kinda feel like any hope for changing ended today. Like an invisible acceptance that this will never improve.

ShutUp

« Reply #31736 on: December 05, 2020, 08:00:10 PM »
The treatment the forum is giving them:

- Banning all threads besides the Night City Wire thread
- One day OT ban day after the game releases
- Making sure to highlight the supposed problems in the game and the company that made the game, in the OT
- A thread that's been stickied and visible for all to see that also talks about all these supposed problems with the game and the company that made the game

Mods have done literally everything they've wanted besides outright banning discussion of the game permanently.

Meanwhile, Asian Era would love to get their five minutes in the spotlight.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31737 on: December 05, 2020, 08:00:53 PM »
It blows my mind how they can't see that they created this controversy all by themselves. How much time did they even give Black Chamber to respond further? Why do they not feel welcome when he says everyone is welcome?  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #31738 on: December 05, 2020, 08:01:12 PM »
At what point does completely ignoring someone/a group of people turn into an intentionally hostile act?

Because I feel like we are way passed it at this point.
:dead :dead :dead :dead

ShutUp

« Reply #31739 on: December 05, 2020, 08:01:27 PM »
Quote from: Sweet Nicole
You would think for as much as staff went to bat for Black Chamber, they would have made it clear that he really fucked up and should have been forthright from the beginning. I would have hoped there would have been a serious discussion that he needed to make amends and apologize for the incident after the thread was unlocked to set things back to normal, not come back in with a self congratulatory post after his own posts got the thread locked in the first place and caused the mess. But that's none of my business.

They've rewritten history to the point that it was Black Chambers posts that got the thread locked.

Wow  :lol :lol