Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3135333 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #31560 on: December 05, 2020, 12:25:05 PM »
Even if it gets added to the OT, even if the OT is written by scam Queen Kyuuji, they will find something new to bitch about.

I don't think so, it pretty much hinges entirely over the in-game poster, which could be patched out extremely easily, and will therefore always be at issue.

I meant more about what is going on Resetera.

I think they've run out of people to be angry at. Once you get rid of everyone who disagrees and everyone who refuses to participate there's not much wiggleroom.

Switters

« Reply #31561 on: December 05, 2020, 12:34:30 PM »

OMFG I get it now. Kyuuji needs a straight "welcoming" them to the thread because they got a key and want to post in the OT without everyone going "Why are you here?"

It's vampires and invitations. It's so TRANSPARENT.
troll

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31562 on: December 05, 2020, 12:38:54 PM »
Kyuuji should be made administrator of ResetEra.

The only way to be sure it is safe

#adminKyuuji #standwithKyuuji

:rejoice
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #31563 on: December 05, 2020, 12:39:04 PM »
:tinfoil
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31564 on: December 05, 2020, 12:42:20 PM »
Donate now to the Kyuuji PAC  :money
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31565 on: December 05, 2020, 12:44:57 PM »
Had we proudly announced that we would be acknowleding the transphobia in the OT of this game, we probably would have been accused of being performatively woke or something as at the end of the day, we're still working on the OT of this game.

Considering I haven't said anything on this particular topic until now, in my opinion it would have rung more genuine if you saw the OT and what we have been doing behind the scenes but it is what it is.

I've been lurking this thread ever since it went up, Android Sophia knows how I feel about all of this and Black Chamber has reiterated his support for this community over multiple posts. Sorry if this is a little bit blunt, but I can understand Black Chamber not wanting to engage both certain posts and certain posters after the way he's been treated. I don't log into Era every day to be interrogated about x, y, or z and I'm sure you don't either.

Black Chamber's comment of everyone being welcome makes perfect sense in the context of what we've been doing and that includes the Trans community. The fact that someone attempted to twist that into some All Lives Matter shite pissed me the fuck off, and I say that as someone who's Black.

It would do some of you wonders to assume we aren't coming into this with ill intentions. We've been caught between a rock and a hard place and dealing with it the best we can. This is our spare time after all, and people have lives to lead.

Peace ☮

Oho, bet this guy will be their next target

Yulwei

« Reply #31566 on: December 05, 2020, 12:49:04 PM »
 :lol has black swan never heard of discord or twitter or reddit? same goes to all the cyberpunk ot regulars. I can't imagine that trying to discuss your hobby while a horde of mentally disturbed people try to get you banned over any perceived slight is very fun.

BikeJesus

« Reply #31567 on: December 05, 2020, 12:50:11 PM »
Claven, a fucking twat got a week long ban for being a real piece of shit. Won't be able to shit talk the game when it comes out.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-episode-5-ot-time-moves-in-one-direction-memory-in-another-media-impressions-console-footage-discussion.328655/post-53225110

SUMMIT NOW!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31568 on: December 05, 2020, 12:50:19 PM »
I see they're running Google ads.

It would be very easy to run some targeted Cyberpunk yellow "STOP THE TERFS VOTE KYUUJI FOR ADMIN" display ads.
DM me if you're interested in PayPal information and want to donate to the Kyuuji PAC

I can't imagine that trying to discuss your hobby while a horde of mentally disturbed people try to get you banned over any perceived slight is very fun.
Can confrim
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #31569 on: December 05, 2020, 12:54:11 PM »
Claven, a fucking twat got a week long ban for being a real piece of shit. Won't be able to shit talk the game when it comes out.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-episode-5-ot-time-moves-in-one-direction-memory-in-another-media-impressions-console-footage-discussion.328655/post-53225110

SUMMIT NOW!

Will non-cis males also get bans?  :society
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31570 on: December 05, 2020, 01:04:36 PM »

SUMMIT NOW!

Will non-cis males also get bans?  :society
As always ResetEra protects the Nazi's
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #31571 on: December 05, 2020, 01:13:28 PM »
I just can't believe these people

I have nothing but admiration for the strength of this site’s trans members and their ability to keep going in the face of the hostility they face here. What a shameful day for ResetEra.

They were literally the aggressor  :lol

Yulwei

« Reply #31572 on: December 05, 2020, 01:16:22 PM »
I just can't believe these people

I have nothing but admiration for the strength of this site’s trans members and their ability to keep going in the face of the hostility they face here. What a shameful day for ResetEra.

They were literally the aggressor  :lol

It's so brave for you to buy the limited edition of this transphobic game and play it nonstop the second it drops, and it was also brave how you spent the months leading up to its launch getting people banned for supporting such a toxic transphobic game!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31573 on: December 05, 2020, 01:16:23 PM »
No one needs to hear “all are welcome!” in a game with transphobic elements. Cis white guys (like me!) have internalized that they’re accepted and welcomed wherever we want to go. We don’t need to hear it repeated. It’s the marginalized communities who can’t expect to be safe and welcome who need to have their dignity acknowledged.

Trans folk must be welcome to participate. Watering that down to “everyone is welcome” is performative bullshit.

:titus
🤴

BikeJesus

« Reply #31574 on: December 05, 2020, 01:20:13 PM »
Gabe is now banned, and i could have sworn they were Verified™ before. Not anymore.

LoL it was due saying that the Asian gang using katanas isn't racist.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-episode-5-ot-time-moves-in-one-direction-memory-in-another-media-impressions-console-footage-discussion.328655/post-53227735

Why does reeee insist on erasing minority cultures?

The Link Everill posted made me do a deep dive into the thing, after doing some research i ended up in a one hour long group conference with these people:
https://twitter.com/aznsrepresent
They have a pretty big community on discord and we had a very nice conversation.

"I spoke to people from that culture for an hour to get a better understanding, here is what i learned . . ."

FUCK YOU, BANNED!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 01:30:00 PM by BikeJesus »

knux-future

« Reply #31575 on: December 05, 2020, 01:21:03 PM »
if they had any self awareness they'd realize that this level of pettiness only hinders any respect they wish to gain.

Like I am all about trans rights are human rights and all that jazz but holy fuck do they make it hard to feel sorry for them if this is how they act. They are some of the most self centered assholes I have ever seen on the internet. This is about a fake ad in a videogame at the end of the day and yet they have gotten everything they wanted and are still acting like they are owed the world.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31576 on: December 05, 2020, 01:23:17 PM »
Gabe is now banned, and i could have sworn they were Verified™ before. Not anymore.

He was verified indeed
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31577 on: December 05, 2020, 01:30:12 PM »
if they had any self awareness they'd realize that this level of pettiness only hinders any respect they wish to gain.

Like I am all about trans rights are human rights and all that jazz but holy fuck do they make it hard to feel sorry for them if this is how they act. They are some of the most self centered assholes I have ever seen on the internet. This is about a fake ad in a videogame at the end of the day and yet they have gotten everything they wanted and are still acting like they are owed the world.
Dave Chappelle was right.
🤴

Yulwei

« Reply #31578 on: December 05, 2020, 01:30:21 PM »

To be fair this is nothing unique to resetera and its community. It is a built in feature of the online social justice movements. Mark Fisher wrote an excellent essay about this back in 2013. These attitudes and behaviors are well known and documented. It's just that these communities haven't gotten any better.

jorma

« Reply #31579 on: December 05, 2020, 01:32:33 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-episode-5-ot-time-moves-in-one-direction-memory-in-another-media-impressions-console-footage-discussion.328655/post-53227735

The Link Everill posted made me do a deep dive into the thing, after doing some research i ended up in a one hour long group conference with these people:
They have a pretty big community on discord and we had a very nice conversation.

"I spoke to people from that culture for an hour to get a better understand, here is what i learned . . ."

FUCK YOU, BANNED!

everyone wants a piece of the action that cyberpunk generates  :lol

Averon

« Reply #31580 on: December 05, 2020, 01:36:26 PM »
TransERA exposed themselves at being a bunch of unhinged loons   :insane

So it seems that Black Chamber wasn't making the OT alone, and there was always an intent to haing some message about CDPR's "transphobia" in the OT. Which make the constant inquisition against Black Chamber all the more silly and petty. This shit wouldn't be happening if EA mods put their foot down and start banning shitposters of shitting up the OT.

These fuckers are getting exactly what they want is and they are still pissed off :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #31581 on: December 05, 2020, 01:38:03 PM »

"I spoke to people from that culture for an hour to get a better understanding, here is what i learned . . ."

FUCK YOU, BANNED!

That's hilarious because as he was getting attacked someone who is acutally Asian defended him

Quote from: Everill
I'm not a part of the AsianEra community, I'm just trying to raise other minorities voices on this game and cdpr here. And their voices should not be dismissed
I know you're trying to help but please dont say something akin to this again? It's a little insulting, and most of us can defend for ourselves.

There are TONS of things to be concerned with on what CDProjekt has done, as Kyuuji has compiled, but the stuff on Tyger Claws aint it.

Also I dont think Gabe was ever attacking the other article, he was just commenting that it could be better written, which is more of a professional criticism rather than attacking the content in it. That should always be fine.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31582 on: December 05, 2020, 01:38:08 PM »
If you give the wokies a finger, they take your hand. Once they take your hand they use it to strangle you.
Never submit to their demands if you want to protect your freedom.  :rodney
🤴

I am (not) a weeb

« Reply #31583 on: December 05, 2020, 01:53:54 PM »
wtf is even their end goal here, get people banned from a niche forum no one's ever heard of, and then what? they sure as hell aint venturing anywhere else to spread the word, since reset is more progressive than most other gaming sites (yet simultaneously full of bigots somehow)

how the hell does fighting the good fight on resetera dot com advance real change for trans any issues
dweeb

Averon

« Reply #31584 on: December 05, 2020, 01:59:41 PM »
Sitting on your ass at home and typing out unhinged screeds on a supposed video game forum is considered peak "activism" for many on that site. Getting all of the secret Nazis and transphobes banned on ResetERA is hard work and contributes to the glorious progressive future, don't you see?   :punch

knux-future

« Reply #31585 on: December 05, 2020, 02:01:43 PM »
for some/many its not about change.  They simply can't stand to see anyone not be as miserable as they are.

Black Chamber (who lets be real is a super fanboy/shill for the game lol) is having a ball and that pisses them off. You see it in their "normal" posts. They cannot approach anything without the need to be super critical and searching for flaws to bitch about. Planet Smasher for example, complains in every single post and yet they often keep playing/watching whatever they are posting about. They live off being miserable and can't stand others who aren't so they attempt to get them branded as something vile unless they join in on the pity parade. The ignore function or just people ignoring them has only made them more vigilant. Kyujii being a griftlord and being lowkey called out on it weakened their crusade a lot and thus they went hard in the paint to get Black Chamber.

its sad as fuck lol

BIONIC

« Reply #31586 on: December 05, 2020, 02:02:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-49#post-53245336

Quote from: ShironRedshift, post: 53245336, member: 283
Y'know what? I'll eat the ban for this.

Go to fucking hell. You fucking coward.

"Rock and a hard place by foot."

All people wanted was fucking acknowledgment. A yes or no answer.

Neither you or Black Chamber are the fucking victims here and FUCK YOU for even slightly, even having to gall to present yourselves as such in even the slyest of ways.

Black Chamber in particular was given every chance, every fucking chance, and refused every one of them.

All Black Chamber had to do was just post something akin to what Android Sophia locked the thread with:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-episode-5-ot-time-moves-in-one-direction-memory-in-another-media-impressions-console-footage-discussion.328655/post-53237077[/URL]

If this is what Black Chamber had said TO FUCKING BEGIN WITH, THERE WOULD BE NO FUCKING ISSUE.

Instead, they dodged, beat around the bush, refused to say fuck all but "everyone is welcome."

If that's indeed how Black Chamber feels, why couldn't they have just said what Android Sophia said?

Why was that so easy for her to say, but so hard for him?

Like I said, trust is a very, VERY hard thing to regain once you've lost it, and Black Chambers' post history in that thread vs. Android Sophia's said it all. Or put another way, when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first goddamn time, and Black Chamber had plenty of opportunities to show who he is, and well, it's no one's fault but his that I'm taking him at his word based on what he fucking showed. Don't want people to think of you that way? Show a better side of it. Definitely don't show a terrible side and expect people to understand you're really good or to believe you later. Nope, just like Maya Angelou, I'll believe you the first time, thank you very much, as there's no reason not to be genuine from the start if that was the intent.

If that's indeed the game plan, as Android Sophia said, then why was it so hard for Black Chamber to say the same thing to begin with? Why couldn't he have said that? Why did he burn every bridge and opportunity instead of just saying the same goddamn thing from step one?

Fuck him and his nonsense. Like, Android Sophia is one thing and I might be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

But Black Chamber?

Nuh uh.

Not happening.

Zip. Zero. Zilch. Going there. He can get fucked.

As that's something I can't wrap my head around, not in any any way that begins to be defensible.

Why was it so easy for Sophia to say that, but Black Chamber? Refused at every opportunity.

No matter what Sophia may say, that in no way justifies Black Chambers only behavior, which makes no sense and is not justifiable no matter how you slice it, especially, ESPEICALLY as Sophia claims, if that was indeed the plan to begin with, Black Chamber HAD EVEN LESS REASON to be so cagey about whether that's something he'd do or not.

According to her side of the story, that was indeed the plan to begin with?

SO WHY COULDN'T BLACK CHAMBER HIMSELF FUCKING SAY THAT? THAT GIVES HIM EVEN LESS REASON TO BE CAGEY, AND MAKES HIS BEHAVIOR AND POSTS IN THE THREAD ALL THE MORE BAFFLING, NOT LESS!

WHAT REASON IS THERE TO HIDE THAT, IF THAT WAS INDEED THE PLAN, OTHER THAN TO DELIBERATELY MAKE PEOPLE MORE HOSTILE LIKE THIS?

WHAT POSSIBLE REASON IS THERE AT ALL?

And like I said, don't give me any "between a rock and a hard place" stuff because a.) you ain't the victims here and b.) the existence of Android Sophia's post, which closed the thread, and is all that needed to be said to begin with, completely contradicts that regardless.

Trans Rights motherfuckers, and I know I'll get banned for this post, and it will be worth every fucking second of it, because fuck the nonsense Black Chamber was pulling in the thread, fuck any defense of it, and I am with the transgender members of this site all the way and will happily eat a ban to speak my mind on this, which is that this is all complete garbage which there is no defense for, which should have never happened, and fuck anyone who says otherwise.

Trans. Motherfucking. Rights.

Whoo, that felt good to let that all out. See you guys on the other side whenever I see you I guess.

Everyone’s favorite reetisty is back with a vengeance  :jeb
Margs

BikeJesus

« Reply #31587 on: December 05, 2020, 02:03:34 PM »
I don't use the term 'hero' lightly . . .

BikeJesus

« Reply #31588 on: December 05, 2020, 02:12:36 PM »
Black Chamber post from oct 16

I greatly respect and acknowledge Kyuuji's right to express her views on the criticism aspect of the situation; likewise, I would like the same respect for my right to express my views on the amicable discussion aspect of it.

I agree with her post - the OP in that thread details a company that has faltered as much as they have made great strides. A discussion regarding their use of transgender imagery/crunch and how CD Projekt Red has been handling it is absolutely something that should be had and engaged with for anyone that feels the need to speak on the subject. This thread is for anyone that just wants to talk about the game itself, being excited to finally play it and their general impressions of the thread's topic - the latest Night City WIRE episode.

I am staying out of that thread, because due to my Cyberpunk 2077 post history, I don't think it would go very well no matter what I said - and I agree with the grievances. 2020 has been abysmal, but I don't think that being dogpiled on for making the case of just wanting to play this game while simultaneously agreeing with the issues at hand would make things any better. Again, I have a deep respect for what she has written in that thread and it and the discussion it brings absolutely belong here - but I do not like users from that thread coming in here and shaming myself and others just because we are excited to play this game and want to have a discussion regarding it.

As for the proposals of banning all discussion of Cyberpunk 2077 - including it's OT; I don't think that solves anything except silencing voices that are singularly trying to enjoy the excitement of an upcoming game they have been eagerly anticipating. This thread, as with the upcoming OT are in no way barring the discussion of these issues, or by their very existence trying to insult the trans community; nor are they implying that crunch is acceptable - they are simply meant to discuss the game itself and the excitement that may bring.

If anyone feels strongly about the issues presented in the other thread, they should feel free to voice their opinion and add their comment in here - as long as it doesn't involve personally attacking anyone for being excited for the game. If anyone wants to just discuss the game and leave the issues in the other thread - that is acceptable as well.

This is becoming a warzone and it's not right. I want everyone to get along and agree with both sides of this. Is CD Projekt Red tonedeaf regarding trans issues? Does their management condone crunch culture? That's a big yes to both - but before I knew any of that, I was excited for this game and before I knew this game was even being made - I was in love with the Cyberpunk genre and it is very difficult to just turn that off.

If, at some point I decide that the issues outweigh the excitement for me; then I will happily join in the discussion in the other thread. As of right now, I am just trying to remain positive in all aspects of life and there's a lot of negativity going on in there and some of it is bleeding over into this thread now.

Again, I just wish everyone could get along and see both sides of the issue amicably.

WhEn SoMeOnE sHoWs YoU wHo ThEy ArE bElIeVe ThEm tHe FiRsT TiMe

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #31589 on: December 05, 2020, 02:14:16 PM »
I wonder why Black Chamber didn't feel comfortable responding to those loonies. It's a mystery

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31590 on: December 05, 2020, 02:15:08 PM »
They have a position of power, one we general Trans Era users don’t have, and no matter how much these users are willing to help behind the scenes it isn’t good enough when they won’t do it publicly where the majority of us can see it.
Mods being called out now for the COWARDS that they are. :bolo

Admin Kyuuji you terf cowards
🤴

Averon

« Reply #31591 on: December 05, 2020, 02:17:42 PM »
Quote from: rras1994
Honestly don't like the implication that trans members would have still been aggressive and found something to be mad with even if Black Chamber had said there would be a paragraph on the issue, that's really unfair to imply. The replies from Black Chamber were shitty, they just were. Maybe at first he wouldn't understand why people would be upset and was trying to do a wink nudge thing but afterall the replies could he not tell that trans members were genuinely worried it was going to be swept under the carpet? I really don't understand why he was doing what he was doing at all?

Maybe he has no obligation to answer to you loons?
Maybe he knows you all are trying to bait him into a ban?
Maybe he's sick of you lot for straight up harassing him for months?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #31592 on: December 05, 2020, 02:19:54 PM »
WHAT REASON IS THERE TO HIDE THAT, IF THAT WAS INDEED THE PLAN, OTHER THAN TO DELIBERATELY MAKE PEOPLE MORE HOSTILE LIKE THIS?

WHAT POSSIBLE REASON IS THERE AT ALL?

Called it  :lol

In fact it makes the trans community look so bad Black Chamber must have planned this!!!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31593 on: December 05, 2020, 02:21:10 PM »
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD :rash
🤴

Klelk

« Reply #31594 on: December 05, 2020, 02:25:01 PM »
Is the cdpr transphobic narrative anywhere outside of era? Or is it just transera lunacy

Averon

« Reply #31595 on: December 05, 2020, 02:25:54 PM »
Now they are attacking the mods/admins...again. :lol
This is an absolute monster B-Dubs and all allowed to grow and fester. And it won't stop until TransERA start getting treated to same as any other poster, which means they should start eating bans. Everyone that came into the CR 2077 OT this morning and shat it up dogpiling Black Chamber should eat a two-week ban. As of right now, all the aggressors are in the sticky thread patting each other on the back for a job well done. Stop being cowards and start enforcing your rules ERA mods.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #31596 on: December 05, 2020, 02:26:16 PM »
Sophia’s opinion on this doesn’t mean Jack shit outside or Managerial. They are who and what they are, but they do not speak for the Trans Community, all this work they’ve done with these people are back ground, they may effect her but they do not effect this community publicly or help the Trans users that see these threads, that asks for a simple space to be acknowledged.

Is Sophia a good mod? Maybe so, don’t really care as I tend to not trust authority. Is Sophia not realizing how much unrest there is? Doubtful they seem smart. Is Sophia out of line saying they are disappointed after going on a long rant about how these two people have only truly shown support in the shadows to them? Yes, yea they are.

They have a position of power, one we general Trans Era users don’t have, and no matter how much these users are willing to help behind the scenes it isn’t good enough when they won’t do it publicly where the majority of us can see it.

I'd like to point out that she repeatedly refers to Sophia as "they" despite Sophia having her female pronouns clearly visible. I thought this was a transphobic and ban worthy no-no

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31597 on: December 05, 2020, 02:27:02 PM »
You're all wrong, they should ban Black Chamber and admin Kyuuji.

Also B-Dubs can't do shit, he has a history of history remember.
🤴

BikeJesus

« Reply #31598 on: December 05, 2020, 02:29:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53246668

Ok, now you are pushing it. Probably could have gotten away with flaming Black Nazi, but shifting your ire towards the mods? Good luck.

And yes, weaponized gender neutraling.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #31599 on: December 05, 2020, 02:31:26 PM »
"They don't speak for the trans community, it is I who speaks for the trans community!!!"

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #31600 on: December 05, 2020, 02:34:34 PM »
I used She at least once in my post?
You spent most of the time referring to her as They? Is that one of her pronouns as well?
:sabu
Oi Oi

Averon

« Reply #31601 on: December 05, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »
They're getting tripped up in their own pro-noun lingo :snoop

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #31602 on: December 05, 2020, 02:44:00 PM »
I'll give my left nut if Beth Cyra gets banned for misgendering Sophia.

Oi Oi

Clockwork5

« Reply #31603 on: December 05, 2020, 02:47:54 PM »
Those distinguished mentally-challenged fellows are still pissed about that glowing strap-on?
 :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #31604 on: December 05, 2020, 02:49:44 PM »
I'll give my left nut if Beth Cyra gets banned for misgendering Sophia.

Probably wont which is fucked up considering they banned someone for misgendering someone else in a report just a few weeks ago. And this case actually seems intentional as she's specifically talking about Sophia's role as a trans moderator.

BikeJesus

« Reply #31605 on: December 05, 2020, 02:50:32 PM »
Bye bye, dex

User Banned (1 month): Downplaying well-documented and long-running concerns regarding transphobia over a series of posts; whataboutism

Don't these people know not to call out the mods for being total hypocrites yet?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-episode-5-ot-time-moves-in-one-direction-memory-in-another-media-impressions-console-footage-discussion.328655/post-53217925

BikeJesus

« Reply #31606 on: December 05, 2020, 02:54:21 PM »
Quote from: Banshee Troll
But yeah if something isn't done I'll probably consider leaving era idk as much as I want to fight for a better forum I can only take so much losses for it to just not be worth it even if I stayed making silly threads. Like I'm sure alot of people feel pretty defeated after all of this I just dunno. I really don't want a second trans era exodus but I also just feel tired.

You'll probably consider it? So you won't do shit. Got it.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #31607 on: December 05, 2020, 02:55:02 PM »
Ya know what to be fair maybe it isn’t.

I aint above reproach. I have my reasons and I think several women in power will understand when I say highlighting over and over that a person is a woman can come across as an attack or lead to attacks on said female.

However if we have members who have been insulted or offended when I shift between He/They or She/They, well that is on me and I fucked up and no amount of excuses will change that.

But I don't want to see anyone of you getting banned though.
So please don't. Thanks.

:jawalrus
Oi Oi

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #31608 on: December 05, 2020, 03:14:38 PM »
"Mods!!! He was acting civil to me!  It was the long con to trigger me.  Halp" 
sigh

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #31609 on: December 05, 2020, 03:20:16 PM »
Trans people’s views only count if they agree with transera, this is how it’s always been :smug

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #31610 on: December 05, 2020, 03:22:19 PM »
I still don't get how the game is harmful.

Does it fly out of the console like a fucking shuriken when it detects a trans person playing it?

jorma

« Reply #31611 on: December 05, 2020, 03:32:17 PM »
Quote from: Beth Cyra, post: 53247247, member: 9614

Holy shit...they and them is a general way speaking English in regards to everyone.

It is specifically a non-gendered way of speaking of someone that does not carry negativity or malice.

Not to mention I don’t like to only focus on a persons Gender if it isn’t relevant.  Sophia is who they are regardless of Gender
and I was speaking to their actions NOT who they are..when again I called them a she. To much of our community is tied to binaries and while we should encourage the a bianry for people who want it, I like to talk so everyone is included.

:teehee

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31612 on: December 05, 2020, 03:36:16 PM »
It's heartwarming to see how many members fight so hard to make ResetERA.com recognize TRANS RIGHTS even though they know the administrators, moderators, tech team, ad team, regular posters, prominent members and the very website itself are all vile and transphobic to the very core. I'm crying at the thankless fight they sacrifice themselves to in order to wipe that bigoted garbage off the internet through any means necessary. I'd stand with them but I'm just so tired.

nudemacusers

« Reply #31613 on: December 05, 2020, 03:38:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-spoiler-thread.331304/page-17

Well i beat the game just now.

just wow.

[continues to answer questions about the game]

Does the game address any transphobia such as the Minotaur ad?

Not ignoring anyone - gonna continue with the next ending. I’ll address all the questions in a bit.
side missions > trans rights :yikes
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #31614 on: December 05, 2020, 03:39:02 PM »
Quote from: Beth Cyra, post: 53247247, member: 9614
I like to talk so everyone is included.

Disgusting. I hope the mods do something about this alt-right piece of shit so the members can actually feel safe.

benjipwns

« Reply #31615 on: December 05, 2020, 03:46:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53246668
Quote from: ShironRedshift
Like honestly, yeah, now that you mad it, I'm getting mad at her to. Because she just decided to lock the thread so it can be reviewed while defending Black Chamber.

But if what she's saying is true, she herself should know that Black Chamber was full of it in that thread. As like I said, if that were indeed the plan all along, there was no reason for him to act like he did.

So why defend him at all? Why even give him the pretense of a defense?

His words and actions in that thread speak for themselves.

And if what she's saying is true, that only makes them that much worse if anything, because that means that he did indeed have an answer in mind, that he knew full well what he was doing, but still did it anyway, which only lead to heightened tensions and people getting upset for no reason when he could have been honest to begin with.

There's nothing to defend there, but from her post, it seems like she's trying to mount a defense anyway for reasons that are beyond me.

Because indeed, perhaps he is fully supportive "behind the scenes."

But that means nothing if he's not supportive in the open, and he was anything BUT supportive in that thread.

And if the plan was indeed to do what people requested all along, that makes him being cagey make even less sense and makes me able to see it as nothing other than trolling, so...?

So yeah, thinking about that gives me a lower opinion of her as well. As I can't speak for her reasons for defending that or trying to, but they don't speak well either, because however supportive he may be behind the scenes, he was the exact opposite of that in that thread, so that really doesn't make a difference to me, and insofar as it does make a difference, that just further seems to confirm his behavior as nothing short of trolling and banworthy in that case, and certainly not worthy of any defense, or at least that's how I feel.
Quote from: ShironRedshift
Indeed. Like, I'll be honest. I don't want to be banned. Of course that's not what I actually want.

It's just a frustrating thing.

Because I'm seen so many people trying their hardest to get through by being civil. Trying that time, and time and time again, with nothing changing.

And seeing that, it's hard not to let the frustration boil through.

And I know that frustration doesn't solve anything either.

But when being civil and politely and calmly explaining things doesn't seem to work, no matter how many times it's tried or how many people try it, even though hostility obviously isn't the answer either, when so many people try their hardest to be civil and for it not to work either, it's just hard not to get swept up in it.

And when civility doesn't seem to work, and obviously being outright hostile doesn't work or change anything either... well, at that point, it feels like a case of learned helplessness, and well, almost anything can feel better than giving into that, even hostility, as the sense of depression and, well, helplessness that learned helplessness causes is... not pleasant, to say the least.

Not that that's an excuse. But it's just a case of feeling like there aren't any winning options and not knowing what in the world to do, how to feel, how to react, or how to well, anything, in these situations, which really is the worst feeling of all. The wanting to just help, the wanting to do right, and at the same time, the both wanting to be left alone personally and wanting other people who have done nothing wrong to be left alone and respected, and just having no clue how to achieve that when nothing seems to work.

It's just feels like an awful no-win situation no matter which approach is employed and I have no clue what to do. Which is why sometimes, despite it being no excuse, it's frustration that boils over to avoid feeling nothing at all or feeling depression or other such emotions, but well, yeah. It just feels like there's no winning, and that just sucks, and I hate it.

Especially since on top of it all, I'm someone who struggles with tremendous social anxiety, and one of the largest triggers for my particular social anxiety is just that, not knowing how to handle a situation at all and not knowing what is the right or wrong answer or being in a situation where there really may not be such a thing at all but feeling compelled to say something regardless due to, even if I don't know what to say exactly, knowing the current situation is wrong and needs to be remedied in some way, even if I have no clue what in the world that remedy is.

Again, not that that is any excuse either. But when you put all of that together... That's why I get like that sometimes. It's no excuse for such behavior and doesn't make it any better or fix anything or anything, but nonetheless I just felt like explaining where all those feelings are coming from and why I reacted so strongly and harshly like I did. It's no excuse for any of it, but I just want to throw all that out there just so it's, well, out there I guess, because yeah, that's it and I really don't know what else to say.

benjipwns

« Reply #31616 on: December 05, 2020, 03:51:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53250169
Quote from: banshee mcspook
It is great you show respect to people by using their correct pronouns. But at the same time, why are you insulting Black Chamber so much, who is a super nice, dedicated person? Posts from Black Chamber are always full of happiness, good intentions and good vibes. If you can't treat people with respect in one way, don't expect to receive respect in an other. You're not the only one making these mistakes, so I am not speaking exclusively to you.

It always saddens me to see people fighting for a good cause here, in this case trans-rights, but fail to realize hatred should not be fought with hatred, but with love instead. Hatred just makes everything worse, it has always been that way in human history and the angry reactions on Era prove it every time. It will lead to absolutely nothing and you know this, which in turn gets you even more angry which resulted into that post of yours.

sure talking before violence is a good way to live but you gotta understand. When you handwave our concerns you are invalidating our identities. Even if the guy was a nice person he still failed as an ally to the trans community with that series of posts he made. And this is the part I want to highlight that is not ok. Yeah, I'm angry at him I'm angry at the other guy coming in here parroting the dude and talking down to us. Is that fair to us? Why do you think we are so angry this is an actual disservice to the transgender community and most importantly if they don't actually admit they fucked up their just as culpable as the evils we are fighting every day. You don't get to stay an ally you need to earn it by proving it.
Quote from: Beth Cyra
Yes. If ResetEra would not be so fast on calling people horrible stuff, it would enjoy a much higher reputation in other social networks like Twitter and thus, opinions of Era would be more heard. It's pretty logical.
When I can get out of my car with out a drunk man coming up to me and telling me they know what I am than maybe.

When I can go shopping with my SO and a male doesn’t comes up to my face and ask if this is really my Halloween costume maybe.

When I can go outside with out fear of being attacked or the knoweldge that half my fellow Americans voted for a fucking Nazi maybe.

These examples are not from my life time, they are from the last 60 days. When we are met with dodging and nonsense when we ask if someone will show us support for we and our allies have right to be fucking angry.
I think you're both looking at the wrong place for answers.

jorma

« Reply #31617 on: December 05, 2020, 03:53:38 PM »
Well they already banned a guy in that thread so it looks like the mods aren't gonna address the "go to hell you fucking coward" post.

After all, she was being attacked first when black chamber started with his "everyone is welcome" hate mongering.  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #31618 on: December 05, 2020, 03:57:50 PM »
User banned (permanent): troll account
The fact that it's been months of collective shrugs of indifference and ignoring the problem while simultaneously hyping the product to hell, followed by this half-hearted mea culpa while also playing the victim card is just too much for me.

Ugh. I really need to stay off era for a while. I thought this was the one place that would be welcoming and accepting, but it really just feels like bullshit.
Yes welcoming and accepting. Unless you're a white male, republican, conservative, libertarian ETC. Disagree with anyone that is part of the circle jerk on here. You will get banned and attacked. China is more welcoming to minorities than this place is. What a welcoming place this is. Derailing threads that people are trying to discuss a game. A GAME on a gaming website. What a CRAZY concept that is. You people who derailed that thread have destroyed the hype for some people who just wanted to talk about a fucking game. Attacked people who had a different opinion than you respectively. You also attacked content creators who don't get paid shit for creating an OT. This isn't communist China, where you can force shit down peoples throat and expect a response that you like. Never will you win by forcing shit down peoples throats. You liberal elitist losers will never learn that. I'm ALL for trans rights and the rights of EVERYONE. I know people from all walks of life living in NYC. But those people don't force shit down my throat like you guys do here all day. They also don't give one fuck about bullshit in a video game.

If any of you are actually adults. Get a fucking life holy shit. I came to this site to read about games and post about games. All fucking day long all I see is how this is racist and this is racist etc. You guys even made the KATANA racist, are you fucking kidding me?? No one cares about this crap but you. You live in a bubble and a cesspool of a hivemind. You're a joke and everyone knows it but you guys. I don't give one fuck about getting banned, I don't want to post on this site ever again or visit ever again. You have ruined the experience for those who just wanted to relax and talk about the game. Congrats on making a cause that is needed to be known about not the issue and instead being pure assholes who attack people. Making it ALL about you, the whole LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME BS. That's how a cause disappears and turns you into the enemy. This post isn't about trans people, this post is about the assholes who made your cause into a joke on this site. You people should be angry at them and not people like Black Chamber. Because they alienated a whole group of people who were in support of you and will always be in support of you, but not on this distinguished mentally-challenged site for scumbags. I'm tired of walking on egg shells here and not being able to have an opinion of my own. This place isn't welcoming or accepting. This place is a fucking circus.

PS. F YOU to the commie libtards here who get people banned for voicing their opinion. Who run to the mods like 5 year old kids running to their parents and teachers. You guys need to get a life and fuck off.
Not to be confused with banshee mcspook which is totally not a troll account.

« Reply #31619 on: December 05, 2020, 03:59:14 PM »
What gets me about the "it would be wrong to ban because trans fans wouldn't be able to discuss it" mindset is it throws marginalized fans of other stuff that's already been banned under the bus.  I have an internet friend that figured out she was trans through Azur Lane (so she says at least), but with it banned on Era, she can't discuss it anywhere outside of Discord if she wants to be around people that don't find trap jokes hilarious.

Their refusal to ban CP2077 is purely because of how big it is, and they know it would hurt the reputation of the site which is already on super shaky grounds outside of their bubble.  Basically, they refuse to "punch up" in any meaningful way while continuing to punch down.