Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3135476 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #31620 on: December 05, 2020, 04:03:04 PM »
At this point is the best decision for the trans community on Era to just scrap the OT and ban threads about the game? The people in charge of making it have clearly failed the community, and I would rather lose any discussion about this game then see the trans members here leave out of frustration with how this whole situation has been handled.

CDPR has shown time and time again that they do not value trans voices. I had hope years ago when they said they were going to add trans options for character creation, but they managed to completely botch that and double down on all their worst behavior. Maybe the game will be better then the advertising, but I don't have any reason to be optimistic, and would rather see the trans community here have the final say at this point.
DO IT

Boredfrom

« Reply #31621 on: December 05, 2020, 04:03:43 PM »
I have an internet friend that figured out she was trans through Azur Lane (so she says at least)

:doge  :doge :doge

Wah

benjipwns

« Reply #31622 on: December 05, 2020, 04:04:57 PM »
I have nothing but admiration for the strength of this site’s trans members and their ability to keep going in the face of the hostility they face here. What a shameful day for ResetEra.
I can do nothing but echo this. You all are heroes, fuck anyone who attempts to bully, belittle or gaslight you. You deserve so much better.
This whole situation has really stained my opinion of this website, and what I thought it stood for.
:popular

benjipwns

« Reply #31623 on: December 05, 2020, 04:11:30 PM »
I said weeks ago before all this happened and I stand by it.

locking the thread is indeed pointless. People can wait, and the fact is they will be playing it most of that first day. This thread and that one actively proves that people don’t care or read Mod tags (do you blame them? Hell the next page button is above the Measage, they don’t even have to scroll by it) and it isn’t helping.

It’s why having a message in the OT was sought out, because it won’t be a temp thing, people can’t say great OT and all that stuff and pretend they didn’t see the call or need to stand with us.

Remove a block, CisAllies show solidarity as we all condemn the Manticore shit and enjoy the positive aspects of the game.
Locking the thread on launch day will prove to be a worthless gesture, for sure. Having a message to trans users in the OT could be something worthwhile, but my hopes aren’t high after watching the mess simply asking for that message to be included caused.
People can still say great OT without actually reading all parts of the OT. People constantly post reading no more than the thread title. Literally all you have to do is click >| and you will never even see the OT or any paragraphs, you'll be taken directly to the last post.

The paragraph thing seems so weak. Keep this thread open and stickied, and banning all other discussion would be an actual show of support, but that's just my opinion.

As it is, it appears-- at least to me-- to be, "Yay, we get to have our hundreds and hundreds of pages of hype and praise for the game in the OT... and y'all got your paragraph."

Something... more would have been nice.
Black chamber should have just answered the question that they would add something trans related to the ot that would raise awareness. That was a mistake on his part. Could have avoided all this shit if I'm keeping it 💯.
:lawd they've already rewritten the series of events

Boredfrom

« Reply #31624 on: December 05, 2020, 04:12:53 PM »
Seriously, how someone can figure out you are trans with Azur Lane. Maybe you will figure out some fetish (big boobs, legs, naval history,etc) that is another can of worms.

(Obviously not saying that cannot be trans fans of Azur Lane, pretty sure there is a lot of trans fans of whatever anime stuff)

« Reply #31625 on: December 05, 2020, 04:18:59 PM »
I have an internet friend that figured out she was trans through Azur Lane (so she says at least)

Wah

Don't ask me.  I know literally nothing about Azur Lane beyond them being boat girls, it being banned on Era, and the game having a lot of Hololive partnerships.

benjipwns

« Reply #31626 on: December 05, 2020, 04:19:36 PM »
Quote from: Beth Cyra
Of course they can, you can always choose to ignore anything.

However if they do so then they are showing just as much disrespect to the OT as us.

Also let me take a second to say Black Chamber loves 2077, and many people love their work (as they should, they have worked hard) and having a direct message in said OT shows that the one person everyone turned to for hype is saying yeah be hype, but look our brothers and sisters need you to see them through the hype to.

There is never going to be a right answer, but the community choosing to support us will always be better then it being forced with Staff Communications or threads that can be fully ignored.
but...isn't this what they already were going to do :lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31627 on: December 05, 2020, 04:21:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-spoiler-thread.331304/page-17

Well i beat the game just now.

just wow.

[continues to answer questions about the game]

Does the game address any transphobia such as the Minotaur ad?

Not ignoring anyone - gonna continue with the next ending. I’ll address all the questions in a bit.
side missions > trans rights :yikes

I sure hope they keep endlessly harassing him until he answers

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #31628 on: December 05, 2020, 04:22:26 PM »

Quote from: ShironRedshift
Indeed. Like, I'll be honest. I don't want to be banned. Of course that's not what I actually want.

It's just a frustrating thing.

Because I'm seen so many people trying their hardest to get through by being civil. Trying that time, and time and time again, with nothing changing.

And seeing that, it's hard not to let the frustration boil through.

And I know that frustration doesn't solve anything either.

But when being civil and politely and calmly explaining things doesn't seem to work, no matter how many times it's tried or how many people try it, even though hostility obviously isn't the answer either, when so many people try their hardest to be civil and for it not to work either, it's just hard not to get swept up in it.

And when civility doesn't seem to work, and obviously being outright hostile doesn't work or change anything either... well, at that point, it feels like a case of learned helplessness, and well, almost anything can feel better than giving into that, even hostility, as the sense of depression and, well, helplessness that learned helplessness causes is... not pleasant, to say the least.

Not that that's an excuse. But it's just a case of feeling like there aren't any winning options and not knowing what in the world to do, how to feel, how to react, or how to well, anything, in these situations, which really is the worst feeling of all. The wanting to just help, the wanting to do right, and at the same time, the both wanting to be left alone personally and wanting other people who have done nothing wrong to be left alone and respected, and just having no clue how to achieve that when nothing seems to work.

It's just feels like an awful no-win situation no matter which approach is employed and I have no clue what to do. Which is why sometimes, despite it being no excuse, it's frustration that boils over to avoid feeling nothing at all or feeling depression or other such emotions, but well, yeah. It just feels like there's no winning, and that just sucks, and I hate it.

Especially since on top of it all, I'm someone who struggles with tremendous social anxiety, and one of the largest triggers for my particular social anxiety is just that, not knowing how to handle a situation at all and not knowing what is the right or wrong answer or being in a situation where there really may not be such a thing at all but feeling compelled to say something regardless due to, even if I don't know what to say exactly, knowing the current situation is wrong and needs to be remedied in some way, even if I have no clue what in the world that remedy is.

Again, not that that is any excuse either. But when you put all of that together... That's why I get like that sometimes. It's no excuse for such behavior and doesn't make it any better or fix anything or anything, but nonetheless I just felt like explaining where all those feelings are coming from and why I reacted so strongly and harshly like I did. It's no excuse for any of it, but I just want to throw all that out there just so it's, well, out there I guess, because yeah, that's it and I really don't know what else to say.

sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #31629 on: December 05, 2020, 04:24:41 PM »
I sure hope they keep endlessly harassing him until he answers
I already reported him for not answering that specific question.

The new anonymous tickets system is great!

Boredfrom

« Reply #31630 on: December 05, 2020, 04:30:16 PM »

Wah

Don't ask me.  I know literally nothing about Azur Lane beyond them being boat girls, it being banned on Era, and the game having a lot of Hololive partnerships.

There is no male/trans characters outside of (probably) the player character (the commander). There is little to none talk about gender issues outside the typical “how I can be more feminine commander” throwaway lines for tomboy characters. At best, I heard that the Anime has some Yuri subtext.

I mean, there is a ton female fans of that game but is the first time I hear someone saying they figured out that they are trans from a waifu gacha franchise. This is not Wandering Son.

ShutUp

« Reply #31631 on: December 05, 2020, 04:35:35 PM »
Black Chamber has repeatedly publicly shown their support for TransEra and has been working with two other people on the OT, offered their own ideas on things to be put in the OT to highlight all this supposed transphobia all over the game...and it's STILL not good enough. Now these lunatics are attacking Android Sophia for defending BC.

If I'm Black Chamber, I throw my hands up, rip the bullshit to pieces, call out the hypocrisy, everything. Eat the ban.

benjipwns

« Reply #31632 on: December 05, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »
I really hope they don't accept that ResetERA.com is a safe place if someone like Black Chamber can run around attacking and doxxing transwomen like he did Beth.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #31633 on: December 05, 2020, 05:00:58 PM »
At this point is the best decision for the trans community on Era to just scrap the OT and ban threads about the game? The people in charge of making it have clearly failed the community, and I would rather lose any discussion about this game then see the trans members here leave out of frustration with how this whole situation has been handled.

CDPR has shown time and time again that they do not value trans voices. I had hope years ago when they said they were going to add trans options for character creation, but they managed to completely botch that and double down on all their worst behavior. Maybe the game will be better then the advertising, but I don't have any reason to be optimistic, and would rather see the trans community here have the final say at this point.
DO IT

They failed the community?? The OT isn't even... posted yet?

Pre-emptive Cancelling. RedMercurio must be overjoyed.

zepblackstar

« Reply #31634 on: December 05, 2020, 05:03:45 PM »
Is the cdpr transphobic narrative anywhere outside of era? Or is it just transera lunacy

some of it is on trans-twitter and their allies but naw, no one gives a shit overall

benjipwns

« Reply #31635 on: December 05, 2020, 05:04:57 PM »
How many kind young men/women/them’s PoC have lost their lives and in very public ways yet we still have absolutely rampant racism..hell Monster Hunter was in the hands of a white man for one spin off and it came out filled with racist shit.
Wow, I missed that. Is Monster Hunter banned on ResetERA.com?

BikeJesus

« Reply #31636 on: December 05, 2020, 05:19:27 PM »
Shiron finally got banned. Duration pending for xxxxtreme hostility and a history of histories.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #31637 on: December 05, 2020, 05:29:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53250169
Quote from: banshee mcspook
It is great you show respect to people by using their correct pronouns. But at the same time, why are you insulting Black Chamber so much, who is a super nice, dedicated person? Posts from Black Chamber are always full of happiness, good intentions and good vibes. If you can't treat people with respect in one way, don't expect to receive respect in an other. You're not the only one making these mistakes, so I am not speaking exclusively to you.

It always saddens me to see people fighting for a good cause here, in this case trans-rights, but fail to realize hatred should not be fought with hatred, but with love instead. Hatred just makes everything worse, it has always been that way in human history and the angry reactions on Era prove it every time. It will lead to absolutely nothing and you know this, which in turn gets you even more angry which resulted into that post of yours.

Cool that they ban the guy for "tone policing" when the person he addressed was banned by the mods themselves.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #31638 on: December 05, 2020, 05:30:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-50#post-53250013

An individual just posted they completed the game in the Spoilers thread.

If there is a person who can ask them (I offered to not post when accused of Antagnozing was brought forward and though I was being over bearing) that is OKAY with Spoilers if the game actually goes out it’s way to condemn the Manticore imagery what do ever?

What are they expecting?  After you rip out someone's spine you tsk-tsk the poster and decide to post on The Net about it?
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #31639 on: December 05, 2020, 05:37:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53257843
ShironRedshift :(
How hard is it to understand where this frustration and anger a lot of us are feeling? it's not coming out of nowhere cause we just enjoy feeling frustration, anger and unheard.
It may have been in bad taste, but I’ll say it again.

I felt more solidarity from them in that moment than I do often times here. So I say thank you and I’ll see ya in Era after life :)
Why the fuck should we entertain the idea of being civil just because of what some chuds on social media sites think of us? Bigots will be bigots, we've spent years upon years being civil, it does nothing, they don't give a toss. Why should I be civil to people who are hostile to me.

Honestly I'm done here, keep fighting the good fight everyone but honestly it's just a losing battle that is a waste of time.
Man, this is just so depressing. This place really is just fake, perfomative woke bullshit. I really appreciate people who keep fighting the good fight, as hopeless as it is though. Shit's just disheartening.

Shiron... :(... I completely agreed with your post tbh, you were braver than I to express how I've felt.
Shiron said what needed to be said.
Shiron's post was fire and speaks to the anger many of us feel here. Solidarity.
Also jumping in in solidarity to Shiron. The post was worded out of line, but please make it a non-permament ban. They were angry and overstepped in the insult department, but I'm sure the post was very understandable in its entirety. This is all, I rest my case.
Absolutely agree with this; solidarity to Shiron.
Yeah, gotta stand with everyone here. Shiron eats a ban, sure, they accepted that and made the post. Let them come back though.
Yeah, not really thrilled about what happened with Shiron. They had every right to be as upset as they were in their post.
Ban them all too!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 05:52:02 PM by benjipwns »

BikeJesus

« Reply #31640 on: December 05, 2020, 05:43:13 PM »
Vestan banned for being "too defensive in a sensitive thread". Says it all, really. You can't defend yourself. Only option is to not engage.

benjipwns

« Reply #31641 on: December 05, 2020, 05:44:33 PM »
They're mad because the other OT person only got a three day ban for this https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53240362
User banned (3 days): Too defensive for such a sensitive thread.

Had we proudly announced that we would be acknowleding the transphobia in the OT of this game, we probably would have been accused of being performatively woke or something as at the end of the day, we're still working on the OT of this game.

Considering I haven't said anything on this particular topic until now, in my opinion it would have rung more genuine if you saw the OT and what we have been doing behind the scenes but it is what it is.

I've been lurking this thread ever since it went up, Android Sophia knows how I feel about all of this and Black Chamber has reiterated his support for this community over multiple posts. Sorry if this is a little bit blunt, but I can understand Black Chamber not wanting to engage both certain posts and certain posters after the way he's been treated. I don't log into Era every day to be interrogated about x, y, or z and I'm sure you don't either.

Black Chamber's comment of everyone being welcome makes perfect sense in the context of what we've been doing and that includes the Trans community. The fact that someone attempted to twist that into some All Lives Matter shite pissed me the fuck off, and I say that as someone who's Black.

It would do some of you wonders to assume we aren't coming into this with ill intentions. We've been caught between a rock and a hard place and dealing with it the best we can. This is our spare time after all, and people have lives to lead.

Peace ☮

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53258677
I know mods don't like when we question bans in posts, but since the ban is on a few pages ago and various people may wonder the same, I want to ask: if vestan had to be banned, and considering the reason they were, why only three days? It feels like the only thing this accomplishes is making them avoid posting here moving forward because they won't want to get banned again, and can simply be ready to talk about the game when it releases, as the ban will be lifted by then.

I don't know, I'll let the trans members say something about it, but it doesn't seem to help the community that needs to be heard.
Vestal only getting three days is pretty laughable because they'll still be around for the game release. "Between a rock and a hard place" for creating an OT. Oh woe is them.
...yeah, while we're talking bans that happened in here, not even just the length of it but also the reasoning- is "Too defensive for such a sensitive thread." really the angle to be taking on this post? I do not know if that's the problem I'd point to about a post where someone accuses trans people of being out to get them and claims that they need to understand how the OT creators feel (as if it wasn't an entirely voluntary position), while very clearly showing how little effort they've put into understanding trans users' feelings. What they said would be dismissive and insulting - and proof that after months, they still don't understand the situation they've very willingly put themselves in - in any thread.

Like mod action at all on that is certainly appreciated. I hope that's obvious. But I don't think that quite covers what down here, and it certainly did the opposite of reassuring me personally that the OT will be handled well if these 2 users are still involved. Not that I ever thought it would, but... y'know.
This. Lemme find a nano-violin for this poor person trying to hype a video game that has repeatedly denigrated trans people in its marketing and advertised content. Does his being involved with the OT have any influence on his ban length, I wonder?

ShutUp

« Reply #31642 on: December 05, 2020, 05:44:45 PM »
They are really STILL playing the victim...after the mods repeatedly bend over backwards for them, day after day after day and despite the fact they shit on the mods when the mods dare slap their hands from time to time.

Wow. If today doesn't make people posting in the Cyberpunk OT put these lunatics on ignore, nothing will.

ShutUp

« Reply #31643 on: December 05, 2020, 05:46:32 PM »
"Too defensive"!? WHAT!?

:sabu :neogaf :dead

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31644 on: December 05, 2020, 05:49:52 PM »
Yes. If ResetEra would not be so fast on calling people horrible stuff, it would enjoy a much higher reputation in other social networks like Twitter and thus, opinions of Era would be more heard. It's pretty logical.
When I can get out of my car with out a drunk man coming up to me and telling me they know what I am than maybe.

When I can go shopping with my SO and a male doesn’t comes up to my face and ask if this is really my Halloween costume maybe.

When I can go outside with out fear of being attacked or the knoweldge that half my fellow Americans voted for a fucking Nazi maybe.

These examples are not from my life time, they are from the last 60 days. When we are met with dodging and nonsense when we ask if someone will show us support for we and our allies have right to be fucking angry.

:crowdlaff

These are the worst things you've experienced in the last 2 months of a fucking pandemic?

Truly one of societies most marginalised victims

« Reply #31645 on: December 05, 2020, 05:50:08 PM »

Wah

There is no male/trans characters outside of (probably) the player character (the commander). There is little to none talk about gender issues outside the typical “how I can be more feminine commander” throwaway lines for tomboy characters. At best, I heard that the Anime has some Yuri subtext.

I mean, there is a ton female fans of that game but is the first time I hear someone saying they figured out that they are trans from a waifu gacha franchise. This is not Wandering Son.

That is weird then.  I assumed there was an Astolfo-esque character who I know a lot of trans/nb people love.  Not gonna tell someone that they're wrong for whatever catalyst they had for figuring things out though.

Doesn't really change the fact that Era really only bans "safe" stuff, regardless of what marginalized groups feel about it, so the "but then people will have to talk about it in EVIL places!" mindset is super hypocritical. 

Also another amusing anecdote.  Literally the only people I know that like Nekopara are trans.  Of course this is only 2 people, so not exactly a big sample size, but yeah.

benjipwns

« Reply #31646 on: December 05, 2020, 05:50:40 PM »
At the very least, I think those who were making the Cyberpunk OT shouldn't be making it anymore. Have someone else do it or just have the moderation team make a simple one. There is a fine line between being an enthusiastic fan sharing the latest news and trailer and being someone who gives the appearance of a paid promoter. I think that line has been crossed. There was absolutely no reason to get into with the trans community here. It was something that could have easily been avoided but it's clear to me that some people here see criticisms of the game (which isn't even out yet) as personal attacks against them.

Give the OT to someone who isn't so personally and emotionally invested into the success of the game.
:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #31647 on: December 05, 2020, 05:52:24 PM »
Also posting in support of Shiron. It needed to be said. It was hostile, but that hostility was fully earned by vestal.
:lol

BikeJesus

« Reply #31648 on: December 05, 2020, 05:53:45 PM »
Solidarity to Shiron.

ShutUp

« Reply #31649 on: December 05, 2020, 05:54:53 PM »
At the very least, I think those who were making the Cyberpunk OT shouldn't be making it anymore. Have someone else do it or just have the moderation team make a simple one. There is a fine line between being an enthusiastic fan sharing the latest news and trailer and being someone who gives the appearance of a paid promoter. I think that line has been crossed. There was absolutely no reason to get into with the trans community here. It was something that could have easily been avoided but it's clear to me that some people here see criticisms of the game (which isn't even out yet) as personal attacks against them.

Give the OT to someone who isn't so personally and emotionally invested into the success of the game.
:doge

But...TransEra started it with Black Chamber. Who responded respectfully and was then repeatedly attacked.

ShutUp

« Reply #31650 on: December 05, 2020, 05:55:48 PM »
"If you just shut up and take it, we wouldn't have a problem here!"  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #31651 on: December 05, 2020, 05:56:00 PM »
But...TransEra started it with Black Chamber. Who responded respectfully and was then repeatedly attacked.
No, that may have been the order that events happened in, but the narrative is that Black Chamber attacked the trans community by requiring them to ask him about it and that's what counts.

benjipwns

« Reply #31652 on: December 05, 2020, 05:59:34 PM »
Quote from: Lamptramp
Shiron's tone may have been too much for some, but the content was passion, it was frustration, it was sadness and anger. The content was perfect and I stand with them too.

Conversely Vestans tone may have been "polite" (hint it wasn't) but the content was dreck, insulting and tone deaf, and yet one is a slap on the wrist the other is "to be decided".

"It would do some of you wonders to assume we aren't coming into this with ill intentions. We've been caught between a rock and a hard place and dealing with it the best we can. This is our spare time after all, and people have lives to lead. "

Then you have done a piss poor job of dealing with the only thing that truly matters, empathy with your fellow community members, lurking here, not engaging, and your co author refusing to answer a simple question. Doubtless there are tens if not hundreds of hours making it look shiny and PR enough.
:dead

ShutUp

« Reply #31653 on: December 05, 2020, 05:59:34 PM »
God the OT is going to be the mother of all shitfests  :rejoice

ShutUp

« Reply #31654 on: December 05, 2020, 06:02:04 PM »
Quote from: Lamptramp
Shiron's tone may have been too much for some, but the content was passion, it was frustration, it was sadness and anger. The content was perfect and I stand with them too.

Conversely Vestans tone may have been "polite" (hint it wasn't) but the content was dreck, insulting and tone deaf, and yet one is a slap on the wrist the other is "to be decided".

"It would do some of you wonders to assume we aren't coming into this with ill intentions. We've been caught between a rock and a hard place and dealing with it the best we can. This is our spare time after all, and people have lives to lead. "

Then you have done a piss poor job of dealing with the only thing that truly matters, empathy with your fellow community members, lurking here, not engaging, and your co author refusing to answer a simple question. Doubtless there are tens if not hundreds of hours making it look shiny and PR enough.

Era suddenly having a problem with hype threads and such. I also guess being fine with a ban on the OT the day after the game releases plus making sure to highlight the rage CDPR has against trans people in the OT isn't showing empathy or anything.

benjipwns

« Reply #31655 on: December 05, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »
if I were running a gaming forum predicated on being a progressive and safe space for people I would simply not bend over backwards in every possible way to ensure we could have a massive PR-styled official thread for a game that has repeatedly shown to dehumanize transgender people
Now where would one get the idea that ResetERA.com is a gaming forum predicated on this? :teehee

nudemacusers

« Reply #31656 on: December 05, 2020, 06:06:49 PM »
i'm behind the curve but when did the game show itself to repeatedly dehumanize trans people? i thought we were still waiting for hobbes' review ???
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

« Reply #31657 on: December 05, 2020, 06:17:16 PM »
i'm behind the curve but when did the game show itself to repeatedly dehumanize trans people? i thought we were still waiting for hobbes' review ???

You don't see it?  It literally wants them dead.

"If you just shut up and take it, we wouldn't have a problem here!"  :doge

But don't shut up too much.  They see you and know that not responding is a tactic to incite and ban bait them.
sigh

ShutUp

« Reply #31658 on: December 05, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »
I love the "you can always just put people on ignore" comments I've seen here and there. Someone literally did this to Kyuuji when they said they didn't see the stickied thread last month and it sent TransEra into a rage.

benjipwns

« Reply #31659 on: December 05, 2020, 06:26:19 PM »
Uh, the ad. Did you not see the ad? Transphobia is INTEGRAL to the game.

benjipwns

« Reply #31660 on: December 05, 2020, 06:29:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53260840
Quote from: Kyuuji
I hope it’s just a coincidence and we’re not actually factoring game release dates into ban lengths for people talking down to the trans community.
Shiron was banned for 2 weeks.
Then Vestan's ban should equal that. The passive-aggressive ☮ should have earned them a harsher ban than 3 days alone, not even getting into the text of their post.
Quote from: AliceAmber, administrator
Shiron will be taking a two week ban, as his post was in violation of the thread rules in addition to being an escalation on previous priors. By his own admission he knew he was breaking the rules and knew he would be banned.

Vestan's duration has nothing to do with the OT's release date (he will still be banned when the OT goes up).
Clown shoes
A slap on the wrist for someone who would rather look "neutral" than back up basic human rights? And two weeks for the person calling them out on their bullshit behavior? Staff definitely have their priorities straight.

Fuck Vestan and fuck Black Chamber
I sure hope this isn't going to go like back in the situation which led to the Constructive Community Discussion thread being made. Where the ones refusing to acknowledge the issues minorities on this site run into get a slap on the wrist and the people actually targeted or calling it out got duration pending bans that end up being longer.

And with that I mean I very much think that's how it's going to go in the long run, would be pleasantly surprised if not. It's astounding to me how much Asian, Muslim, and now Trans Communities have to endure on here given that this forum is supposed to be a safe space.
only 3 days for someone who decided to take a big shit in a thread regarding transphobia is a bad look
I feel sorry for all the marginalized groups on this website who have to walk on eggshells around bigots because they'll get punished as much if not more as evidenced in this thread.
Oh thank goodness, I was really concerned that his being involved in the OT was the reason for the short ban. Turns out it's just because coming into a thread about trans issues to paint yourself as the real victim is only worth a slap on the wrist instead. Thanks for the clarification.
:lol free shots at the mods time

benjipwns

« Reply #31661 on: December 05, 2020, 06:30:19 PM »
So if the inclusion of trans representation in the OT was planned the whole time (per the mod post in that thread), then Black Chamber needlessly prodded the trans community with dismissive non answers to the simple question because????

ShutUp

« Reply #31662 on: December 05, 2020, 06:33:21 PM »
"EVERYONE is welcome in the OT" = prodding the ones attacking them, apparently

benjipwns

« Reply #31663 on: December 05, 2020, 06:34:40 PM »
Clown shoes
A slap on the wrist for someone who would rather look "neutral" than back up basic human rights? And two weeks for the person calling them out on their bullshit behavior? Staff definitely have their priorities straight.

Guess it wasn't free shots at the mods time, they did ban this guy: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53260939
User banned (permanent): History of hostility to members and staff, just returned from 3 month ban, was on a final warning

benjipwns

« Reply #31664 on: December 05, 2020, 06:35:34 PM »
They upgraded vestan's ban too!
User banned (1 week): Too defensive for such a sensitive thread.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31665 on: December 05, 2020, 06:39:35 PM »
what the fuck is going on

how many man hours have been spent

talking about the op creator                                        about how he responded to trans-concerned posters                                                                                and how others responded to the people who responded to him                                                                                                                        regarding a single thread                                                                                                                                                                for a single video game                                                                                                                                                                                                        by one of many video game companies                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                localized entirely within a couple weeks at the end of 2020

in two years people will be saying "oh yeah I think I remember that game it was pretty neat"
Uncle

ShutUp

« Reply #31666 on: December 05, 2020, 06:44:53 PM »
what the fuck is going on

how many man hours have been spent

(Image removed from quote.)talking about the op creator(Image removed from quote.)                                        about how he responded to trans-concerned posters(Image removed from quote.)                                                                                and how others responded to the people who responded to him(Image removed from quote.)                                                                                                                        regarding a single thread(Image removed from quote.)                                                                                                                                                                for a single video game(Image removed from quote.)                                                                                                                                                                                                        by one of many video game companies(Image removed from quote.)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                localized entirely within a couple weeks at the end of 2020

in two years people will be saying "oh yeah I think I remember that game it was pretty neat"

Imagine their rage when the game sells like hotcakes  :lawd

BikeJesus

« Reply #31667 on: December 05, 2020, 06:45:10 PM »
I wish ketkat was alive to see this :(

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #31668 on: December 05, 2020, 06:52:39 PM »
LOL at all these allies prostrating themselves and catching bans while the trans members go unscathed.
Oi Oi

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #31669 on: December 05, 2020, 06:55:18 PM »
You know instead of banning Cyberpunk it might be time to ban Trans Era.

knux-future

« Reply #31670 on: December 05, 2020, 06:55:43 PM »
lol at peeps immediately returning to normal and even "daring" to continue to not bend the knee

you'd think they'd realize that people don't give a fuck about them at this point

nudemacusers

« Reply #31671 on: December 05, 2020, 06:59:28 PM »
Clown shoes

Guess it wasn't free shots at the mods time, they did ban this guy: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53260939
User banned (permanent): History of hostility to members and staff, just returned from 3 month ban, was on a final warning
https://www.resetera.com/threads/watch-dogs-legion-playstation-5-vs-xbox-series-x-series-s-graphics-performance-ray-tracing.333395/page-3#post-52542074
???
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Boredfrom

« Reply #31672 on: December 05, 2020, 07:02:30 PM »
You know instead of banning Cyberpunk it might be time to ban Trans Era.

The community was a shit show since Gaf days, but they are as protected as BCT si never is gonna happen.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #31673 on: December 05, 2020, 07:02:50 PM »
I would really want to know BlackChamber's response is why he through multiple posts of people asking him to confirm if it would be in the OT, why despite trans members get more upset did he consistantly be vague? It was through multiple posts

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/post-53261842

He repeatedly chose not to say something ban worthy to us.  Why don't the mods do something about this?

Also, is there some alt-right association to this?    I don't get why they are having a conniption fit over what I assumed just meant "many," or "lots."
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #31674 on: December 05, 2020, 07:03:12 PM »
And now the other thread is a bunch of people thanking Black Chamber for doing the bare minimum after antagonizing the trans community.

This site is a fucking joke.
I've said this before, but regardless of the justification given for any other thread being allowed: I would certainly hope that that the review thread, a thread where people obsess over how uncritical reviewers are, would be banned. Because if you aren't, you're going to need to as soon as a review brings up their transphobia and/or racism anyway, given how people will react. Particularly if it has a score.

Review threads already invite gross behavior on a regular basis, but this one particularly so.
Yeah. Can anyone from the management team clarify if a review thread will be allowed?

benjipwns

« Reply #31675 on: December 05, 2020, 07:04:01 PM »
Quote from: Hobbes
Okay, I just had this shower thought:

I haven't seen any advertisement in the game that is objectifying male or female appearing characters.

I am gonna confirm this, but it seems REALLY odd that I can't remember seeing those, and I would expect that if they are going to do the manticore posters, they are going to do the same thing with others, right? Time to look into this.
:lol great journalism hobbes

nudemacusers

« Reply #31676 on: December 05, 2020, 07:05:10 PM »
i'd like to again register my extreme disappointment that CDPR would continue to sexualize milfs.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31677 on: December 05, 2020, 07:05:21 PM »
Yeah. Can anyone from the management team clarify if a review thread will be allowed?
:lol
🤴

clothedmacuser

« Reply #31678 on: December 05, 2020, 07:09:59 PM »
Their anger with Black Chamber is like when a guy puts up his hands and backs away and some Karen yells "Rape!  Rape!  Rape!"
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #31679 on: December 05, 2020, 07:10:41 PM »
And now everyone's just replying in there as if nothing happened.
:yikes