Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3106274 times)

Borealis

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #31860 on: December 05, 2020, 09:31:05 PM »
Now that everyone's in here, what was the Ket Kat business?

I am (not) a weeb

« Reply #31861 on: December 05, 2020, 09:31:06 PM »
lmao these dorks just can't comprehend that they aren't ignored for being trans, they're ignored for being childish, bullying assholes

i bet most people there agree with them too, but it's absolutely pointless to engage with them

having the right views on issues and being an obnoxious prick aren't mutually exclusive
dweeb

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31862 on: December 05, 2020, 09:32:15 PM »
Yeah I just feel sad and dead inside

Cheststrongwell

« Reply #31863 on: December 05, 2020, 09:33:03 PM »
Hobbes in there getting his dick shined  :hump

benjipwns

« Reply #31864 on: December 05, 2020, 09:36:16 PM »
Ketkat was banned for calling out the transphobia and incompetency of the mods. TransEra agreed to unperson Ketkat and they were never mentioned on ResetERA.com again.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31865 on: December 05, 2020, 09:36:34 PM »
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #31866 on: December 05, 2020, 09:37:28 PM »
TransERA deserves better. This site was built to be a progressive and welcoming community and we are falling prey to the same Gamer bullshit that every other site does.

There is no room for transphobia in ERA. There is no room for a game made by a company that openly and unabashedly fetishizes Trans lives for their stupid new toy.

Fuck that. Fuck Gamers.
FUCK THAT, GAMERCIDE NOW

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31867 on: December 05, 2020, 09:37:45 PM »
lmao these dorks just can't comprehend that they aren't ignored for being trans, they're ignored for being childish, bullying assholes

i bet most people there agree with them too, but it's absolutely pointless to engage with them

having the right views on issues and being an obnoxious prick aren't mutually exclusive

Uncle

ShutUp

« Reply #31868 on: December 05, 2020, 09:40:12 PM »
A game set in a Cyberpunk future fetishizing people mixing up body parts? No way.

And the welcoming community bullshit sort of rings hollow when you bully a member solely because they didn't say the word "yes" in response to repeated attacks about whether or not they will include the supposed problems in a games OT.

benjipwns

« Reply #31869 on: December 05, 2020, 09:40:58 PM »
In every single one of the community meetings stuff like this was brought up and that’s why a lot of people from those communities have left.
Hmm, what's the common thread here?

nudemacusers

« Reply #31870 on: December 05, 2020, 09:41:21 PM »
let's be real nobody sincerely cares about cyberpunk 2077's transphobia. like, this can't even be a blip on the radar in the lives of anyone. what we are here for is getting that sweet syrupy drama rush.

edit: this is illustrated by the fact the thread pivoted to chair memes immediately to include the most invested people in the 'dialog'. everyone is just here to sling shit. let's just be real about it.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #31871 on: December 05, 2020, 09:42:13 PM »
See this shit right here. I am 100% not transphobic. I have a great amount of respect for transpeople. I've had massive arguments with close friends for being rude to transpeople. Attacking me and saying my thoughts on this matter is becuase I am transphobic is the exact shit I'm talking about.
Mods ban this filth, he's dogwhistling. :camby

benjipwns

« Reply #31872 on: December 05, 2020, 09:43:32 PM »
I can't recall the last time an issue this heated has been met with this degree of silence from the moderation staff.

The silence speaks volumes.
This issue isn't heated at all, it's fighting over small degrees of differences lol

benjipwns

« Reply #31873 on: December 05, 2020, 09:46:09 PM »
let's be real nobody sincerely cares about cyberpunk 2077's transphobia. like, this can't even be a blip on the radar in the lives of anyone. what we are here for is getting that sweet syrupy drama rush.
TransEra doesn't want Cyberpunk banned anymore than the let's call them... CP fans... do. They would have to wait for something new rather than continue to use this one issue as their cudgel in the endless drama wars.

nudemacusers

« Reply #31874 on: December 05, 2020, 09:46:34 PM »
imagine having a serious lengthy conversation about gender representation with someone and they drop in some goofy meme shit in the middle of it to 'take the edge off'. at best i'd think their investment was insincere, at worst i'd think they had a personality disorder.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #31875 on: December 05, 2020, 09:47:26 PM »
After reading this thread and other past CDPR-related thread, I have made the decision to pass on this game to show support to the trans community here. Just though I'd let the trans community know you have allies here.
:salute

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31876 on: December 05, 2020, 09:47:34 PM »
;)

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #31877 on: December 05, 2020, 09:49:24 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
If you think that's gonna be bad just you wait for the GTA 6 hype threads.

ShutUp

« Reply #31878 on: December 05, 2020, 09:49:34 PM »
After reading this thread and other past CDPR-related thread, I have made the decision to pass on this game to show support to the trans community here. Just though I'd let the trans community know you have allies here.

And by next weekend that turns into "oh man, these impressions are awesome. Was going to end up buying used because fuck CDPR but I need this game. Damn all of you! I donated to a trans charity recently so at least I'm doing what I can"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31879 on: December 05, 2020, 09:50:08 PM »

the actual story not the benji incompetent summary:

for years ketkat was a prominent member of the site throwing her weight around and ban baiting

the initial ketkat drama happened one year ago, and this is era's account of what happened

in response to all this, the mods capitulated and unbanned ketkat and apologized profusely and trans/mental health era were so happy to have their kween back

then a couple months later she was perma'd for some random bullshit and literally no one cared
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #31880 on: December 05, 2020, 09:52:08 PM »
Where the hell is MessofanEgo in all of this?

Kinda strange he's not taking the good side.  He's strangely absent when it comes to trans rights.
sigh

ShutUp

« Reply #31881 on: December 05, 2020, 09:53:51 PM »
Probably watching his forced into marriage wife get railed by a guy she's actually attracted to.

« Reply #31882 on: December 05, 2020, 09:54:27 PM »
He was posting in the kyuuji thread not long ago.

benjipwns

« Reply #31883 on: December 05, 2020, 09:55:13 PM »
the actual story not the benji incompetent summary:
That's just a bunch of nonsense FACTS, I reported the TRUTH without any FACTS.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #31884 on: December 05, 2020, 09:55:22 PM »
i don't know what an ace is as far as gender goes, but i bet it's approximately 1000x less cool than it sounds.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31885 on: December 05, 2020, 09:57:14 PM »
then a couple months later she was perma'd for some random bullshit and literally no one cared

Permed for telling the (mostly male) members of the whoreswhoreswhores thread women like to dress sexy and theres nothing wrong with that and arguing with weltall zero

benjipwns

« Reply #31886 on: December 05, 2020, 09:58:08 PM »
User Banned (3 Days) - Continued cross-thread drama
User Banned (1 Week) - Continued history of meta commentary
I can't square these bans with the existence of the CDPR Transphobic thread for some reason. Can't quite put my finger on it though... :thinking

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31887 on: December 05, 2020, 10:00:14 PM »
i don't know what an ace is as far as gender goes, but i bet it's approximately 1000x less cool than it sounds.

it stands for american cis-exclusionary, it's an admission that you're (regrettably) american but you choose to stand with your trans friends and do whatever it takes to make sure cis people sit down and listen
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #31888 on: December 05, 2020, 10:02:26 PM »
It's obvious this PM has been discussed off site and several ppl made their mind up about BC BEFORE it was posted in this thread. If it was just that PM and BC didnt want to include anything in the OT about the issues, I would understand.
this is some conspiracy theory level thinking, like, multiple people come to a similar conclusion that differs from yours and it must be because they're out having secret conversations to try and mischaracteristise someone? extend the same benefit of the doubt you give to BC to the people criticising him. Perhaps they have a unique perspective that gives them this different view.
of course they talked about it "offsite", where else would the PM have come from? :lol

samir

« Reply #31889 on: December 05, 2020, 10:02:34 PM »
There's transgender people that face actual struggles in their lives, and then there's the transgender people on ResetERA that use their transgenderism as as shield to act like fucking assholes, and demand to be treated like royalty.

nudemacusers

« Reply #31890 on: December 05, 2020, 10:02:36 PM »
Quote from: Hobbes
Okay, I just had this shower thought:

I haven't seen any advertisement in the game that is objectifying male or female appearing characters.

I am gonna confirm this, but it seems REALLY odd that I can't remember seeing those, and I would expect that if they are going to do the manticore posters, they are going to do the same thing with others, right? Time to look into this.
:lol great journalism hobbes
bruh how is this possible when this
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-spoiler-thread.331304/page-21#post-53275039

has like three of them. it's almost like you're used to female/male sexualized advertisement so it goes unnoticed 🤯
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #31891 on: December 05, 2020, 10:08:59 PM »
It's all over the promotional material, that one thing they sent out last week was like ten pages of fake sexualized ads. The "MIX IT UP" TRANSPHOBIC ad was one of a set of fake hypersexualized ads they had at E3 for it, like the MILF one, ResetERA.com only cared about the trans one for obvious reasons.

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor

I am (not) a weeb

« Reply #31893 on: December 05, 2020, 10:12:01 PM »
It's all over the promotional material, that one thing they sent out last week was like ten pages of fake sexualized ads. The "MIX IT UP" TRANSPHOBIC ad was one of a set of fake hypersexualized ads they had at E3 for it, like the MILF one, ResetERA.com only cared about the trans one for obvious reasons.

MILF SUMMIT when?  :drool
dweeb

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #31895 on: December 05, 2020, 10:15:18 PM »
imagine having a serious lengthy conversation about gender representation with someone and they drop in some goofy meme shit in the middle of it to 'take the edge off'. at best i'd think their investment was insincere, at worst i'd think they had a personality disorder.
that you put trans rights on the same level as hyukin' it up about sitting in your joke post at all is kinda tasteless imo.

benjipwns

« Reply #31896 on: December 05, 2020, 10:17:28 PM »
wait I was gone 2 hours playing with friends and I come back to icemonk getting banned and that pm that just reeks of sand burying. What the absolute fuck is that shit I am really grossed out and disgusted with that dude even more now. That man needs his OT taken away from him there is no excuse. Dude doesn't give a fuck about trans issues and that thread is even worse than it was before. I'm severely considering leaving sooner than I thought if this is how Era sees us in the community. But hell might as well derail the thread talking about trans issues. It's more fucked when you realize the first replies when the OT opened up were from racist dickheads. I'm really frustrated and upset and I have no words. Era needs to do better and while I've fucking fought for this community tonight has been very hard to keep going.
oh no, the troll account is threatening to leave again

edit: THEY'RE GOING IN TO START SHIT
Sorry y’all, ended up jumping back in when Kyuuji got misgendered.

I finally understand why some of my elders said do what I say, not what I do.
Wait what? I'm going in that's completely unacceptable. Kyuuji I am so sorry this is happening and I feel so deeply frustrated. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 10:24:01 PM by benjipwns »

paprikastaude

« Reply #31897 on: December 05, 2020, 10:20:12 PM »
Quote from: Lamptramp
Obviously I will eat a ban of 6 months for typing which words I would want to type there, as big mature words aren't allowed here, games filled with tits and hatred are perfectly fine, as is people pissing on the marginalised.

I know what words I typed there, for that poster, describing them, you know the words I wrote, as will any cowardly impotent mod who would ever be arsed to come in here for any reason. For this site that will allow that tone deaf, insulting bullshit to happen after what happened this evening that it was allowed to come back like that, is fucking disgusting. Shame ERA, Shame!

Oh yeah you know exactly which words I used there, all of them. That one too. I used it.

****s

tits and hatred  :shaq

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #31898 on: December 05, 2020, 10:20:46 PM »
wait I was gone 2 hours playing with friends and I come back to icemonk getting banned and that pm that just reeks of sand burying. What the absolute fuck is that shit I am really grossed out and disgusted with that dude even more now. That man needs his OT taken away from him there is no excuse. Dude doesn't give a fuck about trans issues and that thread is even worse than it was before. I'm severely considering leaving sooner than I thought if this is how Era sees us in the community. But hell might as well derail the thread talking about trans issues. It's more fucked when you realize the first replies when the OT opened up were from racist dickheads. I'm really frustrated and upset and I have no words. Era needs to do better and while I've fucking fought for this community tonight has been very hard to keep going.
oh no, the troll account is threatening to leave again

“I’m considering leaving sooner than I thought”

Why does logging off of a fucking forum seemingly take more effort than moving into a new house?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31899 on: December 05, 2020, 10:24:47 PM »
Meanwhile, the daily suicide thread...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/toxic-positivity-is-the-worst.339088/

era summed up in a single reply:

Quote from: sir wallace walrus
I am not sure if you saw the comedian thread where I brought up Doug Stanhope. I like him so much because I feel he is as authentic as it gets and as dark as it gets. I am cynical too but not to a point where I think life is not worth living. That said, I am at my happiest when most people are not.
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #31900 on: December 05, 2020, 10:26:57 PM »
“I’m considering leaving sooner than I thought”

Why does logging off of a fucking forum seemingly take more effort than moving into a new house?
Do you really leave if nobody notices because you didn't throw a fit on the way out and you don't drag it out as long as possible demanding they change to keep you?

Now I'm not trying to make this sound like an abusive relationship but...

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31901 on: December 05, 2020, 10:31:35 PM »
do not let them off the mods off the hook, transera! make the mods your bitch!!

BITCH THE MODS AND CUCK THEM!

paprikastaude

« Reply #31902 on: December 05, 2020, 10:33:04 PM »
Where the hell is MessofanEgo in all of this?

Kinda strange he's not taking the good side.  He's strangely absent when it comes to trans rights.

He knows he fucked up by not telling his parents to buy him a trans wife :holeup

benjipwns

« Reply #31903 on: December 05, 2020, 10:33:59 PM »
Yeah, this. Take your time, relax a bit. The fight is there and we can have it when we need to, but throwing ourselves out there and getting banned now just means that they get their free hype after unlock without having to confront how others feel.
"think how much value your account has in ruining other peoples enjoyment of something!"

benjipwns

« Reply #31904 on: December 05, 2020, 10:36:41 PM »
Quote from: banshee mcspook
I honestly feel like we need to talk to staff and sort all of this out. all of this is really horrible and I just want to talk to someone and work stuff out because this isn't ok at all. I feel terrible for everyone involved and like I feel a constructive conversation with staff is necessary after all of this. And when I mean talk I mean a well constructed very detailed list of issues that we can work through in a quick and efficient manner.
You're right but all I can think of is for staff to talk to us and we come up with a faster solution so that we can mitigate the hurt and damage the trans community has faced from this recently. I don't want any more of us to fracture as it is and we need to push for change. We need more talks and more discussions because like you said stuff hasn't changed quickly enough. Maybe if we give more constructive feedback I think we can get through this much easier with much less of a headache going forward and speed up change on the site so it's much better in general. It's honestly the only idea I have now that can satisfy everyone here if a productive conversation happens with staff.
:hyper SUMMIT :hyper
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 10:50:14 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #31905 on: December 05, 2020, 10:39:30 PM »
I'm surprised that thread hasn't been locked, or any sort of response posted... like at all. I get they are busy but is there no one online? Did they unlock the thread and just decide to not monitor it incase something like this happened?
WHY ARE THE MODS IGNORING US LIKE THE USERS?!?

benjipwns

« Reply #31906 on: December 05, 2020, 10:41:06 PM »
hey I was there for the original trans era conversation I want to believe that it can work.
you were?
weird that

*looks at the KetKat situation*
Man I miss Ketkat.
But thinking about KetKat's situation and that whole thread from last year and I'm like "maybe that's a pipe dream."
I'm sorry what was the ketkat situation?
Hobbes, stop mentioning [REDACTED]

Quote from: Xaszatm
With this and the gross anti-Asian sentiment on this forum (not on this thread) I feel increasingly uncomfortable on this site tbh.

This has already happened with multiple other communities and things didn’t change for them.
While you may be right, that doesn't mean the conversation shouldn't happen at all. At some point there will have to be a breaking point because these conversations DO keep happening.
I wonder why this is... :thinking

ShutUp

« Reply #31907 on: December 05, 2020, 10:43:30 PM »
Demand their...third? Fourth? Summit. Meanwhile, other minority communities want just one chat with the mods.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #31908 on: December 05, 2020, 10:43:48 PM »
All the inquisitors in that thread referencing PM’s as if posting them was okay to do.  If I were Black Chamber I’d just abandon that place after scorched-earth dropping the biggest fuck you post to that community by telling them that no amount of transitions will hide them for the monsters they are.

benjipwns

« Reply #31909 on: December 05, 2020, 10:46:45 PM »
All the inquisitors in that thread referencing PM’s as if posting them was okay to do.
It revealed that Black Chamber is transphobic and a hatemonger who planned this four months ago, so it was for the greater good. If you don't want to be exposed as a bigot, don't be one.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #31910 on: December 05, 2020, 10:48:14 PM »
With PM’s clearly fair game now, I’m hoping to see some wild shit posted.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31911 on: December 05, 2020, 10:48:22 PM »
black chamber has been playing 5D chess all along  :rollsafe

ShutUp

« Reply #31912 on: December 05, 2020, 10:50:23 PM »
Posting PM's is straight up against the rules but the rules don't apply to the protected communities.

benjipwns

« Reply #31913 on: December 05, 2020, 10:52:41 PM »
Do not send hostile or confrontational private messages to other members, especially if such contact is unsolicited. This kind of behavior, if reported, will result in a ban.
I wonder where Kyuuji sending a PM that she says she's going to fuck up a dude's threads for months, and then sharing his response with other members, falls under?

benjipwns

« Reply #31914 on: December 05, 2020, 10:54:06 PM »
I 100 percent stand by my belief that if CDPR were MAGA or racist in their problematic behaviors this whole issue wouldnt be near as “complex “as people want to make it out
"If the situation was totally different it'd be understood very differently!"

benjipwns

« Reply #31915 on: December 05, 2020, 10:59:22 PM »
Admittedly, being transgender myself, moments like these make me wonder if my socially transitioning is even worth it.
You're also looking at the wrong place for these answers.

ShutUp

« Reply #31916 on: December 05, 2020, 11:02:18 PM »
Do not send hostile or confrontational private messages to other members, especially if such contact is unsolicited. This kind of behavior, if reported, will result in a ban.
I wonder where Kyuuji sending a PM that she says she's going to fuck up a dude's threads for months, and then sharing his response with other members, falls under?

Kyuuji should be awarded the Medal of Honor, IMO :salute

ShutUp

« Reply #31917 on: December 05, 2020, 11:03:22 PM »
Actually, give Kyuuji the Purple Heart too. What a goddamn soldier.

benjipwns

« Reply #31918 on: December 05, 2020, 11:08:24 PM »
I think one thing moving forward is transfering ownership of the OT to someone who is better equipped to handle these sort of issues I feel strongly about this just from the genuine revulsion from trans era and it would be in the sites best interests to move forward with someone who is more willing to listen to trans issues going forward. I'm sure the current OT may have positive trans inclusion however, I do not feel that the OT itself should not be OP'ed by these people if these are the responses from them. I also feel like punishing the correct people in this situation will be an excellent step towards mending the situation such as the opening posts of the thread thanking the op.
I agree, Black Chamber should not post the OP. He should still put it together but some "third party" should post it unchanged but say they included a part about TRANS RIGHTS and everyone will be happy.

lol jk, nobody will be happy unless the mods completely ban Cyberpunk 2077 from the website ResetERA.com

ESPECIALLY NOT ME :maf :maf :maf :maf DO IT BAN IT :gun

paprikastaude

« Reply #31919 on: December 05, 2020, 11:09:50 PM »
I propose the official theme song for all resettis standing between the lines and just talking about the game