Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3132737 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #32400 on: December 07, 2020, 06:59:39 AM »
Like, if nothing else broad undirected generalisations are intellectually lazy and inherently undermine any point you're trying to make.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #32401 on: December 07, 2020, 07:06:16 AM »

I can't fucking wait for CP to be declared ineligible for Reeee's GOTY.

Didn’t even think of that.

The fuckery  :rejoice
Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #32402 on: December 07, 2020, 07:10:21 AM »
PC gamers will love it and push it to number 1 like they did the witcher 3 :smug

I’ve seen that sentiment posted there and the implication is :delicious
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #32403 on: December 07, 2020, 07:27:05 AM »
Just remember though brehs, this is merely the starter and Harry Potter will be the main course, especially if it turns out to be a good to great game :phil
(ice)

Yulwei

« Reply #32404 on: December 07, 2020, 07:32:46 AM »
Just remember though brehs, this is merely the starter and Harry Potter will be the main course, especially if it turns out to be a good to great game :phil

Praying that it's a goty contender  :bow2

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #32405 on: December 07, 2020, 07:37:15 AM »
To be fair there’s a valid reason to rail against that with the whole JK Rowling fiasco, but if Bigot Gamers look past that, separate the art from the artist and get hyped for the game this will look like child’s play. Like all out beef and drama between the gamers and the off topic posters :hyper
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32406 on: December 07, 2020, 07:42:13 AM »
Why Era, specifically gaming side, has such a strong air of self importance is beyond me, but in reality it has a fairly shitty reputation.

:spiders

it's about time you reconsider this weird "off-site drama" stance y'all have at management. When someone brings in a user's twitter account that admits or reveals their malintent, don't punish the person who exposes the troll, ffs. You can't separate what someone posts here and what they do elsewhere, it's all connected and sooner or later it will spill over.

yeah, weirdos with your basic ass anti-dox measures you barely uphold anyway

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #32407 on: December 07, 2020, 07:55:17 AM »
Why Era, specifically gaming side, has such a strong air of self importance is beyond me, but in reality it has a fairly shitty reputation.

it's about time you reconsider this weird "off-site drama" stance y'all have at management. When someone brings in a user's twitter account that admits or reveals their malintent, don't punish the person who exposes the troll, ffs. You can't separate what someone posts here and what they do elsewhere, it's all connected and sooner or later it will spill over.

There’s absolutely no chance that could go wrong at all, none.  What’s to stop someone with turboautism from creating social media accounts impersonating prominent resetera posters but posting racist or phobic shit?  This is not going to end how they think it will.  :trumps

paprikastaude

« Reply #32408 on: December 07, 2020, 08:00:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-79#post-53364463

Black Chamber,
buddy.

If you ever so much as think to touch the mouse to step in this place again, god help you. There is no room in hell for my wrath right now. You are not the arbiter of what a 'real trans person' is. You don't get to say what does and does not hurt the cause. All these people on the site? The people you hurt, the people you are calling pretenders. You think it matters for one GODDAMN SECOND to us where they are at in their personal lives? FUCK NO. They now and forever have my unwavering support. See that's the difference between us: you think making claims of pretenders on this site is going to tear us apart? I have news for you buddy. We have never been closer as a community than we are now. Now that you've taken off the mask and shown us all what a little shitstain you are.

You are a goddamn bootlicker who went running back to the people you truly identify with in an instant. I'm surprised even they took you back when you obviously have no spine or loyalty to speak of, you fucking coward. You hop in that general lee and drive off into the neon lights you longed for so much. You won't be missed.

:badass :badass :badass

gatdamn, imagine how big of a complete pussy they have to be in real life to compensate with this faux-fighting persona in a shitty irrelevant echochamber :neogaf

And I love how they have exactly zero influence on the rest of internet gaming discourse (let alone real world). They whine like crazy children, with fake delusions of changing the world, yet simply no one gives a single shit, even when they scream fullthroated about the only topic their forum is slightly known for (gaming).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 08:06:49 AM by Spieler1 »

SmokyDave

« Reply #32409 on: December 07, 2020, 08:01:55 AM »
So now we move on to the bit where Black Chamber was assembling a secret cabal of russian gamergate trump supporters to overthrow Era. Thank goodness they caught him in time.

I have to assume he doesn't know how intolerant the rest of NeoGaf is if he intends to be keep posting there though. I don't think anyone could be that apolticial.
Dude, he's just been run off Era for no good reason, having been the target of incessant bullying for days. I don't think GAF is going to seem particularly intolerant in comparison. Seems like he just wants to talk about a game, not dig through every off-topic thread for political opinions to get upset about.

knux-future

« Reply #32410 on: December 07, 2020, 08:05:38 AM »
the simple fact that no gaming press sneak has even brought up "the issues" says it all.

They love the drama clicks and even they are avpiding the shit

BIONIC

« Reply #32411 on: December 07, 2020, 08:17:58 AM »

Fuck, I hope they don’t ban our shared riotous account  :jeanluc
Margs

Snoopycat_

« Reply #32412 on: December 07, 2020, 08:23:07 AM »
Ree's dregs acting like BC running back to Gaf is a victory is some funny shit. They all act like they chose to be on Gaf, when we all know they were forced back there because Ree kicked them out.

BIONIC

« Reply #32413 on: December 07, 2020, 08:30:42 AM »
Quote from: Messofanego, post: 53370850, member: 1159
I don't think there's a need for an OT when folks have already shared their completed impressions of the game and the trans issues in the game.

Hobbes' impressions:
"As far as main story and what I've experienced, the game does not address the transphobia or manticore stuff aside from the manticore posters just existing as ads. There seems to be no characters in the main story line that I can remember encountering that were openly or alluded to being trans or anything but male / female.
Racial stereotyping - I'm not sure. I had previously read that the Voodoo Boys, their accents, dialect etc was very authentic towards Haitian culture, so I can only really say it seems like it.
Most of the "political" aspects of the game are more focused on class than anything else. That's very apparent in pacifica."

So you’re saying the game shouldn’t have an OT even though it’s not transphobic?  :hmm
Margs

knux-future

« Reply #32414 on: December 07, 2020, 08:42:52 AM »
Quote from: Messofanego, post: 53370850, member: 1159
I don't think there's a need for an OT when folks have already shared their completed impressions of the game and the trans issues in the game.

Hobbes' impressions:
"As far as main story and what I've experienced, the game does not address the transphobia or manticore stuff aside from the manticore posters just existing as ads. There seems to be no characters in the main story line that I can remember encountering that were openly or alluded to being trans or anything but male / female.
Racial stereotyping - I'm not sure. I had previously read that the Voodoo Boys, their accents, dialect etc was very authentic towards Haitian culture, so I can only really say it seems like it.
Most of the "political" aspects of the game are more focused on class than anything else. That's very apparent in pacifica."

So you’re saying the game shouldn’t have an OT even though it’s not transphobic?  :hmm

Black Chamber said the Trump word and thus all gloves are off.

They never wanted an OT only a thread for whining and sniping at other users. They got their pound of flesh to do so now.

I hope they realize this only makes the TransEra community's rep even lower. For all of the "leaving in droves" memes, this has only served to make people wary of supporting or engaging them...which is bad for the cause.

Not that they care

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #32415 on: December 07, 2020, 08:54:50 AM »
Dude, he's just been run off Era for no good reason, having been the target of incessant bullying for days. I don't think GAF is going to seem particularly intolerant in comparison. Seems like he just wants to talk about a game, not dig through every off-topic thread for political opinions to get upset about.

Yeah but for that there's twitter, reddit, discord, e.c.t. No-one's forcing Chamber to rub shoulders with Tyler, that's 💯% a choice. One of you needs to tell him that, I don't have a neogaf acct.

knux-future

« Reply #32416 on: December 07, 2020, 08:56:50 AM »
yeah they did tell him that on the discord.  Dude is just full of salt at the moment lol.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #32417 on: December 07, 2020, 09:03:36 AM »

So let’s go to the tape on this. Overall, a real titan battle between BC and TransEra. BC played the margins well by keeping out of the fray and showing consideration. Also, he worked with another user and one of the mods so that it would give some further credibility.

The turning point was his strategy of avoidance when TransEra came with the blitz. By being the OT author, he couldn’t avoid not commenting, and he stumbled when he did have to respond, compounding with the failed ‘💯’ maneuver. Like linebackers starved for four days, TransEra went after BC like he was made out of ham.

BC made a good goal line stand by making a contrite statement and taking a voluntary ban, but he tripped over his own Twitter missteps and didn’t not recognize how the mod refs would not rule objectively.

I have to say though, I’m puzzled but BDumbs and the other mods responses. They are dropping full throated apologies, and it’s going to go over with TransEra like blood to sharks.

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #32418 on: December 07, 2020, 09:04:12 AM »
Oh damn, Hobbes banned again.  Gonna go see how he's doing on that Avengers game subreddit he moderates.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #32419 on: December 07, 2020, 09:04:48 AM »
Oh damn, Hobbes banned again.  Gonna go see how he's doing on that Avengers game subreddit he moderates.

Probably will be the first view that subreddit gets this month.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32420 on: December 07, 2020, 09:09:35 AM »
So now we move on to the bit where Black Chamber was assembling a secret cabal of russian gamergate trump supporters to overthrow Era. Thank goodness they caught him in time.

I have to assume he doesn't know how intolerant the rest of NeoGaf is if he intends to be keep posting there though. I don't think anyone could be that apolticial.

against all logic and reason I subjected myself to scrolling through a few hundred posts of the neogaf cyberpunk ot and they're literally just hyping for the game, it's not some opposite world where they're excited about all the transphobia

I guess it's opposite world in the sense that they're actually able to talk about the game without the undercurrent of hostility and walking on eggshells

so if black chamber felt the need to participate in an old gaf style massive hype discussion thread,* that seems to be as intact as ever, just staying out of the politics forum

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:jeanluc
[close]
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #32422 on: December 07, 2020, 09:50:03 AM »
against all logic and reason I subjected myself to scrolling through a few hundred posts of the neogaf cyberpunk ot and they're literally just hyping for the game, it's not some opposite world where they're excited about all the transphobia

Yeah but surely the quality of the people you surround yourself with when you post on Gaf would give someone pause if they believe in equality like Black Chamber said he did. Unless he really was every bit of a "troll" as they said he was on ResetEra, in which case I suppose he didn't just trick ResetEra but anyone who thought he was sincere, myself included.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #32423 on: December 07, 2020, 09:53:48 AM »

Yeah but surely the quality of the people you surround yourself with when you post on Gaf would give someone pause if they believe in equality like Black Chamber said he did. Unless he really was every bit of a "troll" as they said he was on ResetEra, in which case I suppose he didn't just trick ResetEra but anyone who thought he was sincere, myself included.

Gotta agree with you. If I get banned from REEE, even for bullshit, it wouldn’t be worth the temporary anger outlet to run to there. The people you would be rubbing elbows with.... :yuck

paprikastaude

« Reply #32424 on: December 07, 2020, 10:01:02 AM »
tbf if you want another classic style forum, you don't have much choice these days. :trumps I only came here like a peasant when GAF died, because when I searched alternatives prior google only gave you random nazi troll sites called neofag etc. On the other hand, it's not like I signed up anywhere like that  :doge Guess now you could also go to that metacouncil, even though it looks more dead than here.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

SmokyDave

« Reply #32426 on: December 07, 2020, 10:04:59 AM »
I just noticed that Era is plastered with Cyberpunk ads for me (GeForce RTX ad). Bad optics man.

This is where I think we see different things. He's not 'surrounded' by anyone unless he goes out of his way to scour every contentious political thread on the site. He'll be 'surrounded' by people playing and discussing a videogame.

On that note, I know we see some real 'holy shit' stuff from GAF on here (JordanN stands out), but from casually browsing the place this morning it really doesn't leap out as the defining trait of the forum. Even the 'fuck reset' thread has people sincerely posting 'trans rights are human rights' and calling others out for using 'cheeseburger'. To be honest, it looks mentally healthier than reset from a quick browse.

Maybe I'm just acclimatised to the hostile lunacy of Era so anything approaching a two-way conversation impresses me. I dunno.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:11:03 AM by SmokyDave »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32427 on: December 07, 2020, 10:13:37 AM »
tbf if you want another classic style forum, you don't have much choice these days. :trumps I only came here like a peasant when GAF died, because when I searched alternatives prior google only gave you random nazi troll sites called neofag etc. On the other hand, it's not like I signed up anywhere like that  :doge Guess now you could also go to that metacouncil, even though it looks more dead than here.

oh hey durante is over there in the cyberpunk thread  :-[

anyway there are lots of bores out there with tight knit communities, many aren't easily searchable unless you already know about them

a while back in this thread I remember we stumbled across https://www.rllmukforum.com/ which is the shelbyville to gaf's springfield
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32428 on: December 07, 2020, 10:13:50 AM »
I just noticed that Era is plastered with Cyberpunk ads for me (GeForce RTX ad). Bad optics man.

:success
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #32429 on: December 07, 2020, 10:15:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/polygon-it-sucks-that-cyberpunk-2077’s-edgelord-marketing-worked-so-well.339637/page-4
Quote from: My Blue Heaven, post: 53379646, member: 69699
if you venture outside the ERA bubble american-driven right of center neoliberalism is super common and the socialist/progressive politics of places like ERA are essentially fringe. there is no point in fighting the current on this for your AAA videogame so CDPR is taking the path of least resistance by making cyberpunk into a surface level thing with winks to the reactionaries in the online marketing.

The ERA socialist politics of shilling for conglomerates 24/7, demonizing Bernie voters and banning everyone who critizes hardcore neoliberalism for hiding behind cheap identity politics. :science

They really are the other side of the trumpster idiot coin. But they might even be more stupid, because trumpers at least have enough self-awareness to understand why they are hated, which is why they lie at the polls.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:20:32 AM by Spieler1 »

ringlow

« Reply #32430 on: December 07, 2020, 10:24:40 AM »
I'm still not banned on neogaf

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #32431 on: December 07, 2020, 10:28:40 AM »
Lmao they made a thread about that garbage polygon article and are continueing the bitching in there
What

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32432 on: December 07, 2020, 10:38:13 AM »
I'm not banned on NeoGAF or Resetera. :trumps
©@©™

SmokyDave

« Reply #32433 on: December 07, 2020, 10:40:36 AM »
Lmao they made a thread about that garbage polygon article and are continueing the bitching in there
https://www.resetera.com/threads/polygon-it-sucks-that-cyberpunk-2077%E2%80%99s-edgelord-marketing-worked-so-well.339637/page-4#post-53381278

Quote from: Megan Thee Fury
Gonna threadmark you for support. Also, for everyone saying that "You can separate the art from the artist" okay but you still don't have to BUY the game then. Everyone knows how you can play video games without paying for them. Do that and stop putting money in the hands of transphobes and racists.
Get some fucking principles.

"Yeah, this was made by transphobes and racists, but I stole it so it doesn't matter'.

Transera will be rabidly consuming this game as their performative allies create new gamertags lest they be pilloried. Farce.

I don't think you spent much time on NeoGAF if you think a "trans rights are human rights" post represents them well.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ellen-page-inception-juno-etc-is-now-elliot-page.1579745/

If you think COVID denialism is mentally healthy, NeoGAF is your place.   You see endless whining about lockdowns and face masks... even on gaming side.  Outright biggoted posts normally go completely unchallenged there... but sure, every once in a while someone will tell the bigots to stop being bigots with something like that "trans rights are human rights" post.
No, I haven't. I popped in for 10 mins this morning to see how Black Chamber had made his entrance. I'm sure it's a horrible place full of terrible people, but I don't see how that's any different to resetera. The difference is, you don't have to deal with the dickheads in every single topic on GAF. Their gaming threads seem to be about gaming.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #32434 on: December 07, 2020, 10:55:01 AM »
Gaffers are Reset_Liberals (conservative tribalism and bitching fits their style) and Era bitches are Neo_Gapers (social liberalism applied to toys and bitching). Both are a cultimation of 4Chan esque posters that have no perspective on life.
OH!

paprikastaude

« Reply #32435 on: December 07, 2020, 10:56:33 AM »
The Bire, hellhole of bothsidism :stahp

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #32436 on: December 07, 2020, 10:57:54 AM »
If I ever do end up buying the game, such as during a big sale that'll inevitably happen sooner or later, then I'm going to do it in the least harmful way possible and donate an equal or greater amount of money to a better cause than this as a form of compensation for any indirect harm caused.

i love every post like this. please feed me more.

Averon

« Reply #32437 on: December 07, 2020, 11:00:45 AM »
Guys, CP 2077 is being released AND a new Harry Potter trailer from the Game Awards could all be hitting at the same time this Thursday. Can't imagine how TransERA will survive the apocalypse to come.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #32438 on: December 07, 2020, 11:01:51 AM »
Gaffers are Reset_Liberals (conservative tribalism and bitching fits their style) and Era bitches are Neo_Gapers (social liberalism applied to toys and bitching). Both are a cultimation of 4Chan esque posters that have no perspective on life.

i'd disagree with that, 4chan is built on a kind of mutual loathing. it's like ball-busting culture accelerated to its most aspergic extreme and coloured by a counter culture desire to outrage. they actively expect whoever is replying to call them a soi figgurt or whatever, disagreement is almost mandated.

ree isn't that, it's pretending your stance is so morally impeccable that even the slightest hint of arguement is a biggoted act that needs to be immediately actioned for everyone's safety.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 11:10:12 AM by headwalk »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32439 on: December 07, 2020, 11:02:17 AM »

:thinking
Uncle

Yulwei

« Reply #32440 on: December 07, 2020, 11:02:20 AM »
If I ever do end up buying the game, such as during a big sale that'll inevitably happen sooner or later, then I'm going to do it in the least harmful way possible and donate an equal or greater amount of money to a better cause than this as a form of compensation for any indirect harm caused.

i love every post like this. please feed me more.

:lol :lol braver than the troops

SmokyDave

« Reply #32441 on: December 07, 2020, 11:08:35 AM »
And you guys greatly exaggerate this about resetera.  I post on resetera, not super often.. but I do.. and the vast majority of it is just people talking about gaming uninterrupted.

Yes there are topics like Cyberpunk where people do try to make it so that the gaming discussion becomes about something else.  The nasty people on NeoGAF aren't doing that.  Instead they are just dropping outright bigotry randomly that goes largely unchallenged.   And while they aren't trying to take over threads they are everywhere, in every topic.. and you never know when you'll come across their comments.

But it's far from every topic on resetera... name one other high profile or even low profile game coming out this holiday that has resetera's ire?  edit: Harry Potter is the only other currently talked about game I can think of.. there's like.. thousands of games a year released though.

NeoGAF consistently turns something like a dev team/company having a woman high up in their ranks into a topic... that's why 343i sucks for instance.. it's the women and the "mentally ill" types (wink wink)
Fair enough man, I'll take your word for it. I'm not trying to run PR for GAF, just saying that what I saw this morning was far less 'toxic' than what I've seen from Reset of late. That's probably down to the tiny amount of GAF browsing I've done, mixed with the louder-than-normal screeching coming from reeee. Maybe they're both shitholes of impressive magnitude, maybe one is 'worse' than the other.

Don't know, don't care, will remain a Bore exclusive poster until my seniorforums membership is approved.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #32442 on: December 07, 2020, 11:10:27 AM »
Guys, CP 2077 is being released AND a new Harry Potter trailer from the Game Awards could all be hitting at the same time this Thursday. Can't imagine how TransERA will survive the apocalypse to come.

My heart goes out to transera who truly have the most miserable life in the world

paprikastaude

« Reply #32443 on: December 07, 2020, 11:10:30 AM »
The difference is, you don't have to deal with the dickheads in every single topic on GAF. Their gaming threads seem to be about gaming.

And you guys greatly exaggerate this about resetera.  I post on resetera, not super often.. but I do.. and the vast majority of it is just people talking about gaming uninterrupted.

Yes there are topics like Cyberpunk where people do try to make it so that the gaming discussion becomes about something else.  The nasty people on NeoGAF aren't doing that.  Instead they are just dropping outright bigotry randomly that goes largely unchallenged.   And while they aren't trying to take over threads they are everywhere, in every topic.. and you never know when you'll come across their comments.

But it's far from every topic on resetera... name one other high profile or even low profile game coming out this holiday that has resetera's ire?  edit: Harry Potter is the only other currently talked about game I can think of.. there's like.. thousands of games a year released though.

NeoGAF consistently turns something like a dev team/company having a woman high up in their ranks into a topic... that's why 343i sucks for instance.. it's the women and the "mentally ill" types (wink wink)

In the goblin's shower you are technically sorrounded by deficient rednecks when you talk about games. But on resetti you are technically sorrounded by sickos who'd genuinely, literally wish ill and horrible things upon you, if they found out you also post on other internet forums like here; or anywhere else where people discuss the biggest videogame of the year without equating it to concentration camps, because - and let's be real, that's the actual problem - it features titties prominently.

:idont

ShutUp

« Reply #32444 on: December 07, 2020, 11:12:08 AM »
CDPR seeing their marketing for the game described as edgelord is exactly what they want. The Cyberpunk genre edgy? No way! Rather have the upfront and fun approach about it than the "we are marking ART!" shit we see from some other big releases.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #32445 on: December 07, 2020, 11:24:47 AM »
Well that was quite the catchup in this thread. WW3 started and I missed it

Tasty

« Reply #32446 on: December 07, 2020, 11:32:39 AM »

I can't wait for it to win.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #32447 on: December 07, 2020, 11:33:39 AM »
apparently reviews come up in like 30 mins!
 :sicko

Tasty

« Reply #32448 on: December 07, 2020, 11:34:39 AM »
I'm not banned on NeoGAF or Resetera. :trumps

Same technically.

thetylerrob

« Reply #32449 on: December 07, 2020, 11:35:17 AM »
I only actively lurk one community thread on nazigaf but in my experience they only break out into full blown  :rethread every 5 pages or so and they're easily shut up by other posters telling them to stfu about politics.
Their gaming threads can be better because they don't dogpile and ban the people that don't want to talk politics.

Ghoul

« Reply #32450 on: December 07, 2020, 11:40:34 AM »
I read the other communities thread after seeing that chamber had gone over there.

Thread seemed alright anyone being a proper dick was told to shut up pretty quickly and someone using a slur was instantly told to shut up too,

I won't be going there all the time though as I can only deal with one shit thread and you're all unfortunate enough to be the one I use....

Yulwei

« Reply #32451 on: December 07, 2020, 11:54:42 AM »
Quote from: Gero
I'll be laughing my ass off if this game will get 90+ after all the concern trolling going on over the internet and this site

https://www.resetera.com/threads/only-a-limited-number-of-websites-have-received-a-review-code-for-cyberpunk-2077-dont-expect-a-lot-of-reviews-on-launch-day.338674/page-11#post-53388568

Flying dangerously close to the sun there. Someone might read that and take it as an attack on the marginalized folx of era :whew

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32452 on: December 07, 2020, 12:00:04 PM »
Should that "review thread" even be open?

Nope going to turn into another hype shitfest

Why is there a review thread? I thought we weren't discussing the game in any new threads for the time being?

:reeeee
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32453 on: December 07, 2020, 12:01:05 PM »
Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #32454 on: December 07, 2020, 12:01:31 PM »
That thread and the forum is full of slurs that go unchallenged.   

Here's the end result of that callout:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-discussion-stay-civil-dont-get-personal-keep-it-in-here.1506304/post-261435013

Quote from: #Phonepunk#, post: 261435013, member: 745621
cheeseburger is a fine word. If you want to be word police go to Era.
C'mon man. Don't 'pull an Era'. That was not the end result, and the post you quoted was challenged by other posters after that. There's a bloody great trans flag on the very next page.

My point is this: it's not as black-and-white as you make it sound.

And they use "troon" all the time too.. like the last page of that thread.
Which is messed up, and should also be called out.

Ghoul

« Reply #32455 on: December 07, 2020, 12:04:37 PM »
Thread seemed alright anyone being a proper dick was told to shut up pretty quickly and someone using a slur was instantly told to shut up too,

Maybe the one time this ever happened on modern GAF.

That thread and the forum is full of slurs that go unchallenged.   

Here's the end result of that callout:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-discussion-stay-civil-dont-get-personal-keep-it-in-here.1506304/post-261435013

Quote from: #Phonepunk#, post: 261435013, member: 745621
cheeseburger is a fine word. If you want to be word police go to Era.

And they use "troon" all the time too.. like the last page of that thread.

I totally missed that post, but yeah that shit isn't on when you have Tyler not even 5 posts below giving off a "be nice to trans people" whilst allowing anti trans language just above his.

I literally spent like 10-15 mins on it so I'm not the greatest source to validate if the site is a shit hole or not. I just noticed a couple of examples of other users calling them out for it.

I saw no attempts by mods to do anything, but they ban the account suicides straight away weirdly.

Meanwhile in other news, in the cyberpunk is transphobic thread, they're already talking about HP:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-82#post-53387647

Harry Potter Legacy |OT| JK Rowling’s long transphobic and racist legacy

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #32456 on: December 07, 2020, 12:09:00 PM »

I can't wait for it to win.
With 2 Sony games on ballot, one from Naughty Dog?  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32457 on: December 07, 2020, 12:09:46 PM »
Cyberpunk got a 7/10

Lmao 2020 keeps bringing the hits
🤴

Yulwei

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32459 on: December 07, 2020, 12:12:12 PM »
As shitty as purple gaf is, it doesn't have outright racists and bigots on it, so yeah, point to them. 

But it's still a shit hole, just in a very different way.  :brain
ど助平