Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3134229 times)

Switters

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #32340 on: December 06, 2020, 10:55:06 PM »
More twists and turns than a duck's vagina. But at least Hobbes is still banned so that's cool.
troll

Clockwork5

« Reply #32341 on: December 06, 2020, 10:55:57 PM »
Look, Clockwork, you want to congratulate this dudes? :lol

They are reverse Trumptards failing upwards.
I’m just here for the sport.  :trumps

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #32342 on: December 06, 2020, 10:57:39 PM »
We don't need this many cyberpunk threads

There are no more cyberpunkthreads  :lol

(Except the psycho one)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32343 on: December 06, 2020, 10:58:56 PM »
I mean I've been on other small game forums and they talk about games. I even think we talk about games here on the bore. Maybe because the bore is probably left or moderate leaning anyway so since a lot are on the same page and there's no fear of backlash anyway theres no problems? I don't know. Video game discussion happens in plenty of corners of the internet with nowhere near as many problems as GAF or Ree.

this phenomenon of bullshitting about games with zero conflict is due to what is known as toxic positivity

so on the bore if somebody showed up to start some shit like "CDPR is transphobic" or "lol CDPR are kings for sticking it to those sjws" everyone else would ignore it or say "cmon man we're just here to enjoy the game"

thereby conveniently dodging the issue and gaslighting everyone by dismissing the very real, very relevant elephant in the room

:ufup
Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #32344 on: December 06, 2020, 10:59:32 PM »
Their policy of "ban/unban based on whether your speculation turns out right or wrong" is my fave. It burrows their forum deeper and deeper into insanity.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 11:03:46 PM by PogiJones »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32345 on: December 06, 2020, 11:07:02 PM »
I would have thought at least Uncle and lonewolfeus would appreciate it. I even had hope for you, Kenny. Y'all have disappointed me more than B-dubs was disappointed by the truth

I can't read this shit 24/7  :lol

I was busy making a massive base in satisfactory  :pimp  which I'm sure is transphobic or autistiphobic for some reason
Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #32346 on: December 06, 2020, 11:07:26 PM »
I know I shouldn't still be surprised by how bad B-dubs is at his job. But I mean, it's crazy just how bad he is at his job

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32347 on: December 06, 2020, 11:09:41 PM »
More twists and turns than a duck's vagina.

Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #32348 on: December 06, 2020, 11:12:40 PM »

I can't read this shit 24/7  :lol

I was busy making a massive base in satisfactory  :pimp  which I'm sure is transphobic or autistiphobic for some reason

I accept those 5 likes as penance. Go, and sin no more.  :preach

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32349 on: December 06, 2020, 11:16:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-74#post-53351029

Quote from: ZeoVGM
Quote from: Hugare
https://imgur.com/a/7ozLNlb
I don't think we should do this. Those are almost entirely 5-8 years old.

There are a lot of people here on Era who posted on GAF and said really shitty things back in the day. I've gone through old OTs for TV shows like Arrow as I was recently going through the series myself and it's kind of crazy how much sexism was allowed back then. I saw some old "edgy as fuck" posts of my own from the early 2010s and was horrified.

I don't think we should turn this into a "look, this person said shitty things back on GAF years ago." That isn't the topic at hand, people grow up and it adds nothing to what is happening today.

however, B-Dubs himself, creator of those old racist posts, 2 hours before:

Quote from: B-Dubs
Thread reopened. In light of recent events we'll be reviewing recent bans issued in Cyberpunk threads, and changing how we vet members who handle controversial OTs in the future.

To address the elephant in the room, yes, we were fooled by Black Chamber. When staff reached out to him with concerns about Cyberpunk 2077 we expected confrontation, but in every conversation he was more cooperative than we had have hoped for. He put on a very good impression of a well-meaning idiot. The recurring accusations against him were that he was a shill; to our knowledge nobody had ever suggested he was a Trumper. I can't understate how devastating it is to learn the truth.

If you suspect that another member might be a troll or a Trumper please raise the concern through a report, a ticket, or a private message. If you have proof, we absolutely want to see it.

the tweets that did in black chamber are 2 years old

5-8 years = long enough, 2 years = fair game?

is zeovgm trying to subtly twist the knife here?
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #32350 on: December 06, 2020, 11:29:38 PM »
It wouldn't be a proper Resetera rule if it didn't come with a million double standards

paprikastaude

« Reply #32351 on: December 06, 2020, 11:37:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-demands-that-custom-etika-themed-joy-cons-cant-be-sold-anymore.339580/

wow can't believe someone treats suicide victim Etika poorly

:spiders

FUME5

« Reply #32353 on: December 06, 2020, 11:43:28 PM »
Giant

Pissbabies

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32354 on: December 06, 2020, 11:46:32 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-discussion-stay-civil-dont-get-personal-keep-it-in-here.1506304/page-699#post-261429557
Done

Check the transphobia thread before someone deletes it

Will lurk to see what they will say about it

Aaand of course they deleted it

Resetera guys, I know that you are lurking. Don't care.

Did this to show how fucking hypocrites you guys are. Moderation had to even delete the image, otherwise people would start using their brains.

I was banned once due to "dismissing transphobia", but go check my post (if you still can). Wasn't being transphobic. Will never be one.

Have been a user for YEARS, but this was the last straw. Banning someone for supporting Trump is fucking ridiculous.

And I say this as a leftist brazilian guy

Seek help

:hitler
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32355 on: December 06, 2020, 11:46:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-demands-that-custom-etika-themed-joy-cons-cant-be-sold-anymore.339580/

wow can't believe someone treats suicide victim Etika poorly

:spiders

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-is-currently-searching-for-etika-after-posting-ominous-video-hes-been-missing-for-a-whole-day.124657/post-22082722

Quote from: Books
Is his mental illness to blame for his homophobic shit too? Or the anti-semtic stuff?

Quote from: SilverX
I don't have empathy for any person as manipulative as he is or one that thrives upon negative reactions they set out to get. Mentally ill or not, empathy is only for people who deserve it.

Quote from: Cryptosporidium
Hes literally done this before as a hoax. This is legit a boy cries wolf situation. Hes a racist, homophobe whose antics have essentially ridiculed people who are suicidal.
Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #32356 on: December 06, 2020, 11:46:52 PM »
His response is 100% accurate and reasonable, though. Him being a Trumper doesn't change that.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32357 on: December 06, 2020, 11:50:27 PM »
I thought he might ruin it with some ridiculous mask off moment but no lies detected, those tweets feel in line with the same guy who genuinely just wanted to post about a game he was looking forward to
Uncle

paprikastaude

« Reply #32358 on: December 06, 2020, 11:57:03 PM »
those tweets feel in line with the same guy who genuinely just wanted to post about a game he was looking forward to

tbf what are you doing on resetti then. Maybe he wasn't trolling, but just stupid. :doge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32359 on: December 06, 2020, 11:59:52 PM »
from a reply in that tweet thread

https://outrageousfacts.wordpress.com/2020/12/06/blog-029-reseteras-trans-community-consists-of-toxic-assholes-but-so-dont-trans-people-in-general/

So, I recently adressed how infamous fascist community Resetera.com has it out for Cyberpunk 2077, accusing the game and its developers of transphobia and all the worst things. Ever since then, the thread they’re using for “debate” has turned into pure and utter madness and, if you can detach yourself from the reality of the matter, absolute premium entertainment. However, amidst all of this shitposting, dogpiling and outraging, one important fact is getting lost and I want to take the time with this article to address this: Not All Trans people are toxic assholes like Resetera’s trans community would make one believe!

oh not all of them?

not all

Uncle

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32360 on: December 07, 2020, 12:01:50 AM »
I mean I've been on other small game forums and they talk about games. I even think we talk about games here on the bore. Maybe because the bore is probably left or moderate leaning anyway so since a lot are on the same page and there's no fear of backlash anyway theres no problems? I don't know. Video game discussion happens in plenty of corners of the internet with nowhere near as many problems as GAF or Ree.

this phenomenon of bullshitting about games with zero conflict is due to what is known as toxic positivity

(Image removed from quote.)

so on the bore if somebody showed up to start some shit like "CDPR is transphobic" or "lol CDPR are kings for sticking it to those sjws" everyone else would ignore it or say "cmon man we're just here to enjoy the game"

thereby conveniently dodging the issue and gaslighting everyone by dismissing the very real, very relevant elephant in the room

:ufup
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=38376.msg2940643#msg2940643

the mods here already edited out my trans rights posts over in our cyber punk thread  :kermit

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #32361 on: December 07, 2020, 12:34:42 AM »
messy is such a loser for taking ree stuff offsite :lol

The big homie is in YouTube comments preaching that shid :doge

You would think after getting a wife bought for him to end his inceldom he would tone it down a bit :trumps

I’ll never forget randomly finding him hitting on a guy in the YT comments of an Eric Andre subway skit.
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #32362 on: December 07, 2020, 02:19:07 AM »
Quote from: B-Dubs, post: 53362216, member: 143
So, tonight was an unpleasant shock, to say the least. After taking stock of things I want to apologize on behalf of the team, particularly to the trans community. Black Chamber was able to fool us and in hindsight he shouldn’t have been able to get as far as he did. This was a massive oversight on our part, and one that's completely unacceptable on our behalf.

When the staff initially approached Black Chamber about how we were planning to handle the Cyberpunk OT and other threads, we expected a confrontation with a superfan. We were surprised when he said all the right things and seemed very eager to cooperate. It was the kind of attitude we wished more fans of controversial media would have. Because of this, we did not do the due diligence that we might otherwise have done, and we missed or accepted explanations for red flags that should've cost him the benefit of the doubt.

I know it must be incredibly frustrating for the members who raised concerns about Black Chamber that not only were they not heeded, he turned out to be even worse than anyone knew - but many of you clearly suspected, and we should've listened. This is especially true in regards to the trans members of the community, who openly voiced their concerns and were talked down to, instead of being heard. We know the community relies on us to catch this kind of thing, and in this case we fucked up, plain and simple. Again, I apologize for that.

Apologies require action, to ensure that mistakes are not repeated. Going forward, as we noted earlier, due diligence will be done in the future when this kind of situation arises. No exceptions. We haven’t made a habit of digging for members’ social media in the past, but when serious suspicion exists that's going to become more regular. We are very determined that this sort of incident will never happen again. We will be personally handling OTs for controversial releases, and we will be vetting the entire contents of them and running them by the appropriate minority staff. And once more, from myself, and from everybody else on the team: We're sorry.
Quote from: Android Sophia, post: 53362219, member: 156
On that note, I have taken a personal initiative to reach out to TransEra and start discussions with them. Their concerns were not heard. As a trans woman, and as a person in a position of power, I have failed them on this, and I wish to make that right. I am hoping we will be able to have a direct line of communication with TransEra so their concerns are heard.

You dumb fucking cunts  :lol
Margs

« Reply #32363 on: December 07, 2020, 02:24:18 AM »
Seems like Era is about to get a lot more paranoid, which will make posting there an even more miserable experience for normal people.  I feel like Harry Potter is going to kill the site entirely.

Boredfrom

« Reply #32364 on: December 07, 2020, 02:25:10 AM »
Some hate forum really suspects that lamptramp is also a troll (ala Enzom). Are they going to spy her social media?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32365 on: December 07, 2020, 02:25:24 AM »
I originally wanted black chamber to win, now I see this is the best possible outcome  :delicious

Boredfrom

« Reply #32366 on: December 07, 2020, 02:33:26 AM »
those tweets feel in line with the same guy who genuinely just wanted to post about a game he was looking forward to

tbf what are you doing on resetti then. Maybe he wasn't trolling, but just stupid. :doge

I mean, being stupid is a default being a Trump supporter. But he being able to hide it made him smarter than most braindead alt right trolls.

BIONIC

« Reply #32367 on: December 07, 2020, 02:34:50 AM »
Unironic Red Scare McCarthyism is not only site policy, but encouraged to all users  :pacspit
Margs

Borealis

« Reply #32368 on: December 07, 2020, 02:47:13 AM »
He was definitely too passionate about Cyberpunk 2077, but I mean was BC really a troll? Dude just got them heated and if he hadn't shared usernames across platforms, they would've stewed for the rest of eternity. Is Era going to keep the same energy for all these incoming problematic games?

These goofs are simultaneously shocked at being exposed as laughing stocks and sounding gleeful at "outing" a supposed Neo-Nazi troll.

I still love how out of all this, ElfLore coped a stray haha.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #32369 on: December 07, 2020, 02:55:17 AM »
Is Era going to keep the same energy for all these incoming problematic games?

Yes

Borealis

« Reply #32370 on: December 07, 2020, 03:06:08 AM »
Also, the fuck is this ban message?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-48#post-53240362

User banned (1 week): Too defensive for such a sensitive thread.

Goofy fuckers really in that stickied thread talking about how they're reeling from these events? C'mon.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #32371 on: December 07, 2020, 03:13:31 AM »

https://outrageousfacts.wordpress.com/2020/12/06/blog-029-reseteras-trans-community-consists-of-toxic-assholes-but-so-dont-trans-people-in-general/

Not All Trans people are toxic assholes like Resetera’s trans community would make one believe!

oh not all of them?

I still contend that this is the case.  Those people are severely unwell mentally, using their trans identity as an argumentative cudgel in defense of their reprehensible behavior so much that a random outsider looking at it may very well associate that as a natural aspect of the trans population, particularly if they’ve never encountered someone before who is trans.  My impression from trans people I’ve personally interacted with and have had as coworkers is that your average trans person would recoil in horror and disgust/anger at what goes on from that specific cabal.

SmokyDave

« Reply #32372 on: December 07, 2020, 03:15:34 AM »
At this point I would honestly suggest that Black Chamber be banned, CDPR and Cyberpunk chat should be banned outside of criticism, and then let the chips fall where they may. Just for once, actually stand for something. Even if it’s something spiteful and pointless.

So this is what happened then. Far and away the best outcome for future chuckles. Now watch as countless innocent posters wander into the OT thinking they can discuss the game, only to be chewed up and spat back out.

Great work transera, hope you’re all feeling much safer now.

Bore Expert

« Reply #32373 on: December 07, 2020, 03:18:20 AM »

Pro tip: I just got financial advice from evilore and he advised me to invest in MySpace.

:money :money

Tuckers Law

« Reply #32374 on: December 07, 2020, 03:22:42 AM »
You can add music to your page, isn’t that neat!

« Reply #32375 on: December 07, 2020, 04:00:57 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-79#post-53364463

Black Chamber,
buddy.

If you ever so much as think to touch the mouse to step in this place again, god help you. There is no room in hell for my wrath right now. You are not the arbiter of what a 'real trans person' is. You don't get to say what does and does not hurt the cause. All these people on the site? The people you hurt, the people you are calling pretenders. You think it matters for one GODDAMN SECOND to us where they are at in their personal lives? FUCK NO. They now and forever have my unwavering support. See that's the difference between us: you think making claims of pretenders on this site is going to tear us apart? I have news for you buddy. We have never been closer as a community than we are now. Now that you've taken off the mask and shown us all what a little shitstain you are.

You are a goddamn bootlicker who went running back to the people you truly identify with in an instant. I'm surprised even they took you back when you obviously have no spine or loyalty to speak of, you fucking coward. You hop in that general lee and drive off into the neon lights you longed for so much. You won't be missed.

:badass :badass :badass

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #32376 on: December 07, 2020, 04:11:07 AM »
Black Chambers says he doesn't support Trump and I believe him, both of those tweets are incredibly flimy evidence. The first one he is replying to a Trump supporter, that's why he says "my MAGA hat off to you". It'd be be like replying to Johnny Depp and saying "my pirate hat off to you". The second one is him thinking Michael Rapaport's anti-Trump rant is deranged/performatively deranged and telling him to shutup.

That user has clearly just searched Black Chambers tweets for "Trump" and "MAGA" and those two comments were the most damming they could find. If that's the worst of it, he's basically as pure as the driven snow.

Bore Expert

« Reply #32377 on: December 07, 2020, 04:18:38 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-what-do-you-do-for-a-living.339355/#post-53319553

Poor Hobbes. Banned. Life ain’t easy for a community manager

:girlaff

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #32378 on: December 07, 2020, 04:19:30 AM »
I have to assume he doesn't know how intolerant the rest of NeoGaf is if he intends to be keep posting there though. I don't think anyone could be that apolticial.

BIONIC

« Reply #32379 on: December 07, 2020, 04:29:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-interesting-how-modern-star-wars-media-has-in-universe-slurs-for-different-factions.339610/#post-53356150

Quote from: Heliex, post: 53356150, member: 30242
Yes, next time some white dude calls me a Beaner, ill feel exactly like a Mandalorian.

:dead
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #32381 on: December 07, 2020, 04:35:32 AM »
Probably in witness protection. Just wait for a new member who just happens to be a mega TLJ cocksucker.
Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #32382 on: December 07, 2020, 04:46:44 AM »
It’s a long shot but I think the funniest endgame of this is cyberpunk being widely praised for being inclusive. Would transera be willing to admit they got it wrong and take the L? :hmm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
not a chance in hell :rash
[close]

(ice)

jorma

« Reply #32383 on: December 07, 2020, 04:49:39 AM »
Probably in witness protection. Just wait for a new member who just happens to be a mega TLJ cocksucker.

yeah, he probably realised that his sus past here on the bore would bite him in the ass one day

i vaguely remember that someone said he was scrubbing his posts somewhere after he went after james arnold taylor on ree and it blew up?

BIONIC

« Reply #32384 on: December 07, 2020, 04:49:45 AM »
Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 53365504, member: 31943
I just hope this results in staff trusting the trans community a little more. Certainly more than people with a history of dismissing minority concerns on the forum spanning years. I don't know why it had to take him being a Trump supporter to solidify that, instead of looking at his interactions with members and topics here. Why wasn't the existing history and his actions over the past week enough?

Why despite all of that was the persistent concern around talking down to our community, while lavishing praise upon him and ignoring the extremely obvious signs that there was no good faith involved.

Yasss Queen, get em  :gun
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #32385 on: December 07, 2020, 05:04:23 AM »
Remember that his crime was to say that everyone is welcome  :lol

https://twitter.com/WholesomeMeme/status/1335592330489950208

SmokyDave

« Reply #32386 on: December 07, 2020, 05:28:01 AM »
I love that transera are still losing their shit in the 'CDPR is Evil' thread.

Come on mods, people are literally dying here. How about you step up and make things right? You can't keep trampling all over trans lives like this  :(

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32387 on: December 07, 2020, 05:31:19 AM »
Right now? Fuck education.

At this point staff needs to step up and prove they have the backs of the trans members on this site. And I mean actually prove, not another cookie cutter apology and community meeting that never actually do anything. The issues that led to this latest blow-up have been prevalent for years. There's been discussions about it with various communities in the past (including Trans Era) and the issues have been clearly laid out. Nothing ever changes. s it stands it's only a matter of time before the next incident where the site will lose even more good people (whether it happens to Trans Era or another group) and an OT will just accelerate that. The staff needs to get their shit together before even attempting to open an OT.
ὕβρις

BIONIC

« Reply #32388 on: December 07, 2020, 05:34:30 AM »
I love that transera are still losing their shit in the 'CDPR is Evil' thread.

Come on mods, people are literally dying here. How about you step up and make things right? You can't keep trampling all over trans lives like this  :(

Now you have Messy dropping a multi paragraph MLK quote  :dead
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32389 on: December 07, 2020, 05:39:54 AM »
To be fair, a lot of us used very similar "where there's smoke"-intuition justification for not believing Jussie Smollet after he was revealed to have been a fraud. They're right that sometimes you can sort of rely on sharp intuition to guide a more thorough investigation.

But that being said, what they did with that intuition was abhorrent.

Much like a fair few people assumed Jussie was maybe exaggerating to make himself sound better, but didn't think he'd actually fucking paid people to stage things, they might have had an intuition that BC thought that Kyuujis complaints about CDP are mostly bullshit - because basically the entire fuckinng internet thinks that :lol - and he was begrudgingly acquiescing to their demands, but not that he was a full on MAGA

benita

« Reply #32390 on: December 07, 2020, 05:40:43 AM »
Where did Hobbes get got?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #32391 on: December 07, 2020, 05:46:04 AM »

At this point staff needs to step up and prove they have the backs of the trans members on this site. And I mean actually prove, not another cookie cutter apology and community meeting that never actually do anything. The issues that led to this latest blow-up have been prevalent for years. There's been discussions about it with various communities in the past (including Trans Era) and the issues have been clearly laid out. Nothing ever changes. s it stands it's only a matter of time before the next incident where the site will lose even more good people (whether it happens to Trans Era or another group) and an OT will just accelerate that. The staff needs to get their shit together before even attempting to open an OT.

So, on Cyberpunk 2077, the biggest game launch this year and perhaps in the past 5 years, TransEra have browbeaten the mods into the following:

- Restricting the number of pre-release threads to one
- Locking the OT for the day of release
- Pinning their own thread at the top of the gaming forum
- Forced the permabanning of a user who did not even remotely break the ToS and only treated them with politeness
- Forced the OT to be as barebones as possible
- Have their own statement as the first post in the OT
- Have that statement at the top of each page in the OT
- Had reasonable bans of their own members reversed

And these choadloads have the absolute nouse to say they are being ignored and slighted? I'd be impressed if they weren't all suck dickheads.

« Reply #32392 on: December 07, 2020, 05:50:53 AM »
Man... I need to prepare myself for Ghosts winning. Jeez. I really did not vibe with that game at all after. Stopped halfway into second Chapter. I'll be salty for sure

:insane :insane :insane

Bore Expert

« Reply #32393 on: December 07, 2020, 05:54:42 AM »

Probably some back alley in the middle of the night

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32394 on: December 07, 2020, 06:01:55 AM »

User banned (2 weeks): : Excessive hostility against another member. Previous recent bans for similar behaviour.

Like the war it was based on, hobbes trying to use ban protection privileges he didn't earn

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #32395 on: December 07, 2020, 06:07:44 AM »
going by the tweets bork posted bc is even more of a tool because he pretended to be a trumper for a scrap of e-cred on twitter :lol :neogaf
◕‿◕

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32396 on: December 07, 2020, 06:17:19 AM »
The only thing that really brings outside attention to Era now are substantial rumours. Because Era vets insiders, rumours are generally seen as more trustworthy than those randomly posted on Twitter or Reddit or 4chan.

:dunno

I can't think of any big news broken by Era, or any big news broken on twitter or 4chan that didn't get play everywhere (including era)

benita

« Reply #32397 on: December 07, 2020, 06:18:23 AM »

User banned (2 weeks): : Excessive hostility against another member. Previous recent bans for similar behaviour.

Like the war it was based on, hobbes trying to use ban protection privileges he didn't earn

Holy shit even the mods must fuckin hate him to get banned for something that innocuous.

benita

« Reply #32398 on: December 07, 2020, 06:20:03 AM »

So, on Cyberpunk 2077, the biggest game launch this year and perhaps in the past 5 years, TransEra have browbeaten the mods into the following:

- Restricting the number of pre-release threads to one
- Locking the OT for the day of release
- Pinning their own thread at the top of the gaming forum
- Forced the permabanning of a user who did not even remotely break the ToS and only treated them with politeness
- Forced the OT to be as barebones as possible
- Have their own statement as the first post in the OT
- Have that statement at the top of each page in the OT
- Had reasonable bans of their own members reversed

And these choadloads have the absolute nouse to say they are being ignored and slighted? I'd be impressed if they weren't all suck dickheads.

NOBODY LISTENS TO US!

I can't fucking wait for CP to be declared ineligible for Reeee's GOTY.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32399 on: December 07, 2020, 06:34:02 AM »

Not All Trans people are toxic assholes like Resetera’s trans community would make one believe!

oh not all of them?

I still contend that this is the case.  Those people are severely unwell mentally, using their trans identity as an argumentative cudgel in defense of their reprehensible behavior so much that a random outsider looking at it may very well associate that as a natural aspect of the trans population, particularly if they’ve never encountered someone before who is trans.  My impression from trans people I’ve personally interacted with and have had as coworkers is that your average trans person would recoil in horror and disgust/anger at what goes on from that specific cabal.

oh yeah of course

when someone says "not all" the answer isn't to double down and say "yes, all" like era have taught us

nor "a hit dog hollers" etc

people should direct their criticism at the specific people who are misbehaving
Uncle