Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3128267 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #39660 on: March 17, 2021, 05:12:05 PM »
why would the excuse of sex addiction = misogyny when it's possible for any gender to be addicted to sex

the claim should be "you're lying about being sex addicted, you're just simply misogynistic" not "you're sex addicted, which is exactly the same as being misogynistic"
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #39661 on: March 17, 2021, 06:06:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/white-people-we-need-to-talk-about-white-supremacy-and-our-role-in-it.395761/

Quote from: PaperSparrow, post: 61004854, member: 126
This is a long time coming, too long honestly. Marginalized communities of Era have shouldered the burden of this discussion, with only a handful of white people to voice support only to have discussions leave the front page. I want white people to start taking more action on this front and I'll start with this thread.

We all have the instinct to see ourselves as the good-hearted protagonist of our own story. That we can't possibly be capable of evil in any shape, but we really need to look at ourselves and realize we easily can be.

You can see us try to ignore it. Mental illness is often wrongly diagnosed and a go-to scapegoat to make us feel better. "Something must be wrong with them, they aren't like me", but you need to reconcile with the fact that racism is not a "bug" in our white-dominated society, it is the only conclusion to it. It is human and we can't keep pretending we are that removed from it ourselves.

"So," you say, "what am I supposed to do? I'm not racist, I think what is happening is awful. I don't contribute to white supremacy."

1. If you are white, you contribute and benefit from white supremacy every day. Period. It's a fact you need to internalize and learn from. Personally, I have benefited by things as simple as not being afraid of police when pulled over. I have contributed by saying stupid shit on behalf of others I have no business saying. Does that make me a bad person? You know what, it doesn't matter. What matters is that I recognize it and try to always do better, not to feel good about myself, but to help make the world better for others. If I say something that hurts someone, they are not obligated to forgive me, no matter how sorry I actually am.

2. You need to confront family and friends. We've seen the threads on this. Depending on how bad your family is, it's not the easiest subject to breach and can end in cutting ties completely. The thing is, we are in a position of privilege that allows us to have this conversation at all. There are activists who would love to have that amount of respect from their opposition even if, in the end, it doesn't change their mind.

3. When marginalized communities speak up, shut up and listen. I can't understand why this is still a problem when it's the easiest thing in the world to understand. The amount of defensiveness I've seen when someone calls out "big company/person x" for "x-ism/phobia" is ridiculous. No, the person criticizing doesn't have to be right, but they sure as fuck know better than I do and I can respect their perspective enough to not shout it down. Be aware that just because the majority agrees with you doesn't make you right. This board is primarily white, American, cis, heterosexual, men. It is very easy for that group to drown others out by sheer number.

4. Racism does not have to be conscious. More often than not, it's not. It is not an unknowable evil. This is important to get through your head: YOU CAN BE UNINTENTIONALLY RACIST AND THERE IS A VERY GOOD CHANCE YOU ARE.

I don't want marginalized communities to be the ones to have to support this discussion, but you are obviously welcome to participate and call out behavior. The Asian-era community in particular has been ignored a lot recently regarding the rising anti-Asian sentiment and as a heavy lurker I can't say I wasn't partially responsible.

I hope white people reflect on what I'm saying and have an open mind. If your first thought is to be defensive, I implore you step back, think about why, and please watch the below videos, which have been linked here before first. This isn't about being right it's about being better and it can be an uncomfortable feeling.

[MEDIA=youtube]qHVPJJ33b2M[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA=youtube]45ey4jgoxeU[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA=youtube]4_LGdkW7y90[/MEDIA]

(Image removed from quote.)
Thanks to [USER=33346]DigitalOp[/USER] and [USER=9514]Spinluck[/USER]  for being the ones to first share these videos and images.

:sicko
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #39662 on: March 17, 2021, 06:16:46 PM »
You can see us try to ignore it. Mental illness is often wrongly diagnosed and a go-to scapegoat to make us feel better. "Something must be wrong with them, they aren't like me", but you need to reconcile with the fact that racism is not a "bug" in our white-dominated society, it is the only conclusion to it. It is human and we can't keep pretending we are that removed from it ourselves.

The fuck that means?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #39663 on: March 17, 2021, 06:25:12 PM »
Quote from: Dreams-Vision
Sheriff just didn’t need to open his mouth to speculate. He’s not a shrink; let the experts figure out his motivating reasons.

Yet if he said this was motivated by anti-asian bigotry he would be considered the voice of God.

The fuck that means?

You are like the guy who killed 8 people.  Just because you only killed two don't walk around thinking your shit doesn't stink.   :wag

If the "news" thread was asians spouting off and making spurious claims I would say that's just a healthy reaction to such a shooting.  But it's full of the usual, "I'm the MOST saddened by this!" drama crowd claiming he's going to not even be charged, he'll be pardoned, he'll live like a king in prison.

This guy.  Yeah, I'm sure all the prison gangs are going to be courting him.  He'll be in protective custody after two weeks. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 06:30:16 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39665 on: March 17, 2021, 06:25:54 PM »

these are such white behaviors, god

this isn't even a learned behavior, you can just hold up a color swatch to a person and get an accurate read on whether they're going to act this way
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #39666 on: March 17, 2021, 06:29:33 PM »
You angry, whitey? :umad
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39667 on: March 17, 2021, 06:35:05 PM »
What is even the right behavior when silence and explaining are both listed?

Boredfrom

« Reply #39668 on: March 17, 2021, 06:35:11 PM »
Here we go again:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/riot-games-clears-their-ceo-of-misconduct-allegations.395116/

It really doesn't make for good reading for the accuser. On-record accusations of witness tampering on the plaintiff's part, including bribery and intimidation, lies about their references and job history, using the company credit card for personal expenses that weren't paid back, previous frivolous litigation.

I don't know if Riot's current CEO is guilty or if he's a harasser (I worked there but never with him and not when he was CEO), but it does seem based off of this information that there are serious credibility concerns with the plaintiff.

It would be pretty disgusting if this panned out to be a false accusation. It does no good for real victims.

Ban incoming.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #39669 on: March 17, 2021, 06:37:21 PM »
I listened to a podcast and there was a good example of white privilege that I wasn't aware of, and I'll give a personal example. I'm a white person in a predominately white neighborhood, and I've been pulled over by the police 3 times just walking. But since I'm white, I have the advantage of knowing it wasn't because of racial profiling, so it's quite easy for me to just move on. A POC in the same situation would not have the same the benefit of just assuming it's a nosy cop, and would have to ask themselves if they were being racially profiled, ESPECIALLY if they're in a majority white neighborhood.
"STOP RESISTING" *BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG*
"at least I'm not being racially profiled..."

benjipwns

« Reply #39670 on: March 17, 2021, 06:43:14 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending Reviw): Inappropriate Commentary; Boys Club Behavior; Long History of Similar Behavior

Pour it over your girlfriends T shirt and dm me the result.
Reviw says DEATH.

DEATH BY SNU SNU.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #39671 on: March 17, 2021, 06:47:57 PM »
I listened to a podcast and there was a good example of white privilege that I wasn't aware of, and I'll give a personal example. I'm a white person in a predominately white neighborhood, and I've been pulled over by the police 3 times just walking. But since I'm white, I have the advantage of knowing it wasn't because of racial profiling, so it's quite easy for me to just move on. A POC in the same situation would not have the same the benefit of just assuming it's a nosy cop, and would have to ask themselves if they were being racially profiled, ESPECIALLY if they're in a majority white neighborhood.

Holy Shit!  That's like the most basic level 101 way to understand how white privilege works.  He needed a podcast to explain that to him?

sigh

BIONIC

« Reply #39672 on: March 17, 2021, 06:50:11 PM »
I learned all about white privilege from Movie Blob  :cac
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39673 on: March 17, 2021, 06:51:55 PM »

Literally the TL;DR of every Era Minority Summit ever

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #39674 on: March 17, 2021, 07:15:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/white-people-we-need-to-talk-about-white-supremacy-and-our-role-in-it.395761/

How am I contributing to white supremacy just because I'm white? I do not understand this. What am I doing? I actually feel insulted by blunt statements like this because I'm on your side. I've seen this argument multiple times and the only thing it has ever done was antagonizing people who aren't the problem. Perhaps calling people racist dickheads isn't a good idea if you want to try to teach them something.

:banplz
Oi Oi

Boredfrom

« Reply #39675 on: March 17, 2021, 07:20:31 PM »
.  Yeah threatening witnesses with violence miiiiiight be relevant to the veracity of her claims.

Let's examine what is actually being said in these filed documents though:

Exhibit A (claims from first witness):
- Witness with close working relationship with RIOT CEO (sounds like a nanny or cleaner of some sort), claims RIOT CEO would never do this
- Claims Sharon approached her and asked for her help with suit. Witness says no.
- Claims Sharon proceeds to leak her number to the press and call her over the next few months using blocked numbers.
- Witness loses job due to harassment from journalists/media
- Says that Sharon told her "lets file the lawsuit together, dont you know if you join the lawsuit you can make $500,000"

Exhibit B (claims from second witness):
- Witness with close working relationship to RIOT CEO
- Approached by Sharon to join lawsuit to make money, declines
- Receives multiple threatening phone calls telling her to join the suit
- One caller says he knows where she lives

Exhibit C (claims from riot):
- Riot claims Sharon previously attempted to blackmail multiple film producers by threatening to email the chinese government (?) if she wasn't paid within one business day (her attorney quit after this)
- Solicited other employees to lie about sexual harassment by CEO in exchange for a payout
- Spent 10k a month on vacations / luxury goods with a company card
- Lied about being Larry Ellisons main assistant for 8 years, which got her the (6 figure) job in the first place
- Apparently runs multiple shell companies to dodge taxes while employed by riot?
- She had a dozen HR complaints in less than a year

Even disregarding riots claims, which they almost certainly have the receipts for since they were submitted to the court, the testimony of the two witnesses says a lot.

HOLY SHIT

https://www.resetera.com/threads/riot-games-clears-their-ceo-of-misconduct-allegations.395116/#post-61009171

Klelk

« Reply #39676 on: March 17, 2021, 07:20:33 PM »
It's time for ERA members to have a race tag. Make it easier to see who ain't slick

benjipwns

« Reply #39677 on: March 17, 2021, 07:27:46 PM »
I like how nobody picked up on Riot sending the legal documents to all their employees. Riot has 2500+ employees. They wanted the documents to leak their side of the story out so nobody could do what ResetERA.com members were attempting to do. And someone quickly obliged.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39678 on: March 17, 2021, 07:34:54 PM »

How am I contributing to white supremacy just because I'm white? I do not understand this. What am I doing? I actually feel insulted by blunt statements like this because I'm on your side. I've seen this argument multiple times and the only thing it has ever done was antagonizing people who aren't the problem. Perhaps calling people racist dickheads isn't a good idea if you want to try to teach them something.

:banplz

That's the trick, if you're defensive about contributing to white supremacy you're contributing to white supremacy.

Boredfrom

« Reply #39679 on: March 17, 2021, 07:36:46 PM »
. After Shari's lawsuit was filed, I received many calls, texts, and messages from journalists [...] I lost my job with another employer because of all the harassment that I received from journalists [...] I know that it must have been Shari that gave out my number to journalists [...] on February 16, 2021 Shari called me [...] She told me that she either gave my number to journalists or her attorney

Quote from: Thorn
I want to know who these journalists are, that shit is not okay.

:thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #39680 on: March 17, 2021, 07:37:19 PM »
Since her lawsuit was filed, Shari has texted and called me, sometimes with no caller ID. There have been times when I answered a random number and Shari is on the line.
nice

benjipwns

« Reply #39681 on: March 17, 2021, 07:38:01 PM »

For example, Defendants recently learned that this is not the first time a defendant has reported that Plaintiff lodged false claims in court.  In March 2018 (during her employment at Riot, but unknown to many at the time), Plaintiff sued multiple international film producers to obtain a “finder’s fee”  for  allegedly  introducing  them  to  Mel  Gibson—something,  according  to  the  defendants  in  that  case, she did not (and likely could not) do.  (See O’Donnell v. Hollywood International Film Exchange, et al., Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC698392.)  The film producers counter-sued Plaintiff for fraud, and accused her of using threats of “blackmail” and “libel” to extract the sum of money she demanded.    According  to  the  counter  claim,  Plaintiff  allegedly  went  so  far  as  to  threaten  sending  a  “mass email” to the “Chinese Government, China film group, all top personnel & financiers of [the movie], all of [her] Hollywood acquaintances . . . and [Mel] Gibson” if the film producers did not pay her within one business day.  (See id., Aug. 24, 2018 Second Amended Cross-Complaint.)   

Plaintiff’s own attorney in that case sought to be relieved as counsel, stating that Plain-tiff: “adopted a position regarding the litigation which created an irreconcilable difference” between them, which “rendered it unreasonably difficult” for him to carry out his representation “effectively”; and “failed to comply with a material obligation” under their written fee agreement.

:dead

oh yeah, we got a crazy plaintiff here
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 07:42:28 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #39682 on: March 17, 2021, 07:50:24 PM »
She also lied to get hired by Riot in the first place :lol
Central  to  the  decision  to  hire  Plaintiff  for  the  role  was  the  prior  experience  she  de-scribed  on  her  resume,  including  the  nearly  eight  years  she  claimed  to  have  spent  as  the  Executive  Assistant to Larry Ellison, the founder of Oracle.  This prior experience also played a role in the com-pensation package Plaintiff negotiated, which included a six figure annual salary and additional yearly incentive pay. 

In hindsight, Plaintiff’s credentials were likely too good to be true.  Although Plaintiff was referred to Riot by a reputable placement firm, on information and belief, Defendants now believe that her prior work experience (including working for Mr. Ellison for eight years), and potentially even her educational background, may have been overstated, misrepresented, or entirely fabricated.  When Defendants requested Plaintiff’s references, on information and belief, Plaintiff went so far as to create fake identities for two of her friends,  and listed them as Mr. Ellison’s “Property Manager” and “Chief of Staff.” 

This was not the only lie that Plaintiff told to get herself hired.  Plaintiff, an Irish citizen, claimed during the interview process to be immediately eligible to work in the United States.  But this was not true.  Then, Plaintiff said she would obtain the necessary approvals in only a few weeks, then another week, then another, and so on.

Whoops:
As noted before, despite having ample opportunity to do so, Plaintiff never made any allegations about harassment, discrimination, retaliation, or her classification as an exempt employee during the entire course of her employment or after her termination.  Indeed, as further explained below, the only time Plaintiff came even remotely close to a policy violation investigation during her employ-ment was in 2018, when Plaintiff attempted to intervene on behalf of a male employee being termi-nated  because  she  was  concerned  that  Riot  was  too  quick  to  terminate  men  based  on  harassment  accusations.
Riot  also  asked  Plaintiff  to  participate  in  a  separate  exit  interview  with  Human  Re-sources  (without  Laurent)  on  two  occasions—but  both  times,  Plaintiff failed  to  show  up. 

Boredfrom

« Reply #39683 on: March 17, 2021, 07:55:51 PM »
That thread just died after people showed the receipts.  :lol :lol :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39684 on: March 17, 2021, 08:02:11 PM »

Quote from: Summit
White supremacy will never be meaningfully defeated as long as capitalism prevails. Wanna combat white supremacy as an individual? Be an activist; unionize your workplace; donate to and volunteer in low-income areas; educate your family, friends, and peers.

Be an activist

read: accomplish little and maybe get arrested (complain on era)

unionize your workplace

read: get fired without cause since wal mart and amazon warehouses are extremely efficient about this (complain on era)

donate to and volunteer in low-income areas

read: waste what little money you have left after being fired on things era has said "shouldn't be YOUR responsibility to fix, it's the rich!"  do it anyway, and learn the hard way the contempt and endless cycle you're trying to tackle (do NOT complain on era)

educate your family, friends, and peers

read: finally, lambast everyone in your immediate vicinity until they're sick of you, but convince yourself that THEY'RE the problem and cut them out of your life, leaving you jobless, penniless, friendless, unhirable, and depressed (absolutely complain on era)
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #39685 on: March 17, 2021, 08:06:38 PM »
lol, in the other document Riot isn't even using any of this (and twenty eight attached legal reasons) to formally ask for the case to be dismissed, they're merely asking for the hearing dates to be moved up because they know it'll get dismissed once the court reads it

benjipwns

« Reply #39686 on: March 17, 2021, 08:09:32 PM »
she should have threatened Riot with sending a mass e-mail to the Chinese government's embassy

plus Mel Gibson

clothedmacuser

« Reply #39687 on: March 17, 2021, 08:18:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/piece-of-shit-suckerpunches-elderly-asian-woman-in-sf-ends-up-in-a-stretcher.395821/
Anyone who attacks the elderly deserve to end up paralyzed as far as I'm concerned.

Nepenthe right now

sigh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39688 on: March 17, 2021, 08:40:32 PM »

these are such white behaviors, god

this isn't even a learned behavior, you can just hold up a color swatch to a person and get an accurate read on whether they're going to act this way
lmao what a dumb list of normie behaviours

If you are white, you contribute and benefit
I sure hope we do it's the least we should get in return for having to put up with your woke self-guilt bullshit and paying our taxes.

Your cue cards can't save you now PaperSparrow. Just crawl back into your bed because you look so tired  :snob
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #39689 on: March 17, 2021, 08:43:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/riot-games-clears-their-ceo-of-misconduct-allegations.395116/post-61014727
Double post, but for balance the plaintiff submitted more information in a [filing] today.
The discrimination allegations against Riot’s CEO detailed in the filing were not made by O’Donnell, contrary to her original complaint made in January. Instead, the plaintiff acknowledged a supposed meeting between her and the first witness, to which she described alleged incidents of sexual misconduct by Laurent to O’Donnell.

In Pacific Palisades, an “incident” allegedly took place in which Laurent supposedly “touched her breast.” While another incident allegedly took place in Deer Valley where Laurent “brushed up against her and she felt his privates when he did so,” the filing states.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39690 on: March 17, 2021, 09:26:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/riot-games-clears-their-ceo-of-misconduct-allegations.395116/post-61014727
Double post, but for balance the plaintiff submitted more information in a [filing] today.
The discrimination allegations against Riot’s CEO detailed in the filing were not made by O’Donnell, contrary to her original complaint made in January. Instead, the plaintiff acknowledged a supposed meeting between her and the first witness, to which she described alleged incidents of sexual misconduct by Laurent to O’Donnell.

In Pacific Palisades, an “incident” allegedly took place in which Laurent supposedly “touched her breast.” While another incident allegedly took place in Deer Valley where Laurent “brushed up against her and she felt his privates when he did so,” the filing states.

Sounds also like the Journalist who was praised for her work on the riot story might have harassed one of the witnesses?
An interesting titbit, since we were wondering to which journalists the plaintiff gave the phone numbers of witnesses:

One of the witnesses, whom O’Donnell said she worked with, allegedly told O’Donnell she would be fired from her position due to hospitalization from exhaustion. Although she is not mentioned, O’Donnell noted she could be used as a source for a story by U.S.-based magazine Wired.
Potentially Cecilia D'Anastasio who works for Wired now and did the original reporting on Riot's history of sexism?

:crazy

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39691 on: March 17, 2021, 09:30:31 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending Reviw): Inappropriate Commentary; Boys Club Behavior; Long History of Similar Behavior

Pour it over your girlfriends T shirt and dm me the result.
Reviw says DEATH.

DEATH BY SNU SNU.

Should have said: "Pour it over your girlfriends T shirt and dm me the result, if she's comfortable with that".

FUME5 learned nothing from Louie CK

« Reply #39692 on: March 17, 2021, 09:50:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/joe-biden-doesnt-yet-know-the-motive-behind-white-gunmans-attack-that-left-8-asian-women-dead.395842/

Maybe Biden doesnt “know” because there is an active investigation and that he is president and you are a forum dweller complaining about everything that moves in life ?

Boredfrom

« Reply #39693 on: March 17, 2021, 09:59:57 PM »
Being cynical, I think Asian RE doesn’t really care about whatever about this crime unless they can use it to get brownie points in the endless RE Oppression Cold War. The fact that some are using it as “SEE WHAT HAPPENS FOR BITCHING ABOUT CHINA!” leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #39694 on: March 17, 2021, 10:16:45 PM »
The term is weeaboo right?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #39696 on: March 17, 2021, 10:29:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-white-women-and-black-men-equally-oppressed.395872/

Locked too soon :'(
You had a black male president, but not a white woman president.  ::)
That's the metric, no?

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #39697 on: March 17, 2021, 10:42:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-white-women-and-black-men-equally-oppressed.395872/

I need most oppressed to least oppressed in chart form, but with DBZ power levels

Boredfrom

« Reply #39698 on: March 17, 2021, 10:50:18 PM »
   So the motive behind, say, the Christchurch mass shooting, was a mystery to you until a year and a half after it happened? Yikes.

Are you implying that shady Massage Parlors are the same to black churches.  :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39699 on: March 17, 2021, 10:57:07 PM »
I havn't read anything confirming that those businesses even were "shady massage parlors". Could have been juat normal spas (not that it makes a difference).

clothedmacuser

« Reply #39700 on: March 17, 2021, 10:58:36 PM »
pre-scoop Minority Report

"I can't understand the vitriol directed at her," says the 'Harry Potter' actor.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/harry-potter-ralph-fiennes-jk-rowling-backlash-trans-comments-001001329.html

Take necessary precautions.
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #39701 on: March 17, 2021, 11:14:41 PM »
I havn't read anything confirming that those businesses even were "shady massage parlors". Could have been juat normal spas (not that it makes a difference).

Atlanta RE was saying that some of the spas are in a well known mini red light district before the story blow out at twitter.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #39702 on: March 17, 2021, 11:27:15 PM »
The pictures aren't quite flattering.

I'm only posting them because I know you guys are smart enough to know that it could be a Tijuana bungalow brothel or a Saks Fifth Avenue and it would be as equally appalling and gross.  Hell, it could be Mar-a-go Lago and I trust you know it would be a heinous act.

But whatever.  Instead of the victims lets fixate on the fact that the shooter wasn't killed during his arrest and now gets the high privilege of sitting on death row for the next 60 years.  Less if a Republican becomes president and speeds up his death sentence.  That would be a pickle for most people.  Oppose the death penalty but secretly wish for an R to fry this guy. 

Thank God Era is OT VII when it comes to cognitive dissonance.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #39703 on: March 17, 2021, 11:35:08 PM »
Being cynical, I think Asian RE doesn’t really care about whatever about this crime unless they can use it to get brownie points in the endless RE Oppression Cold War. The fact that some are using it as “SEE WHAT HAPPENS FOR BITCHING ABOUT CHINA!” leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Resetera is racist against Asians. They think they can pick on them.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39704 on: March 17, 2021, 11:37:29 PM »
So it's sorta like the Orlando nightclub shooting where the perp is self-hating and kills other people because he thinks they are "enabling" his sin. Spree killers are so boring.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #39705 on: March 17, 2021, 11:50:10 PM »

Resetera is racist against Asians. They think they can pick on them.

And asians should pick on Era.  Reset might as well call all of the continent barbarians at the gates of good, moral, decent folk, and forward thinking culture.  They are always so careful to thread the needle of cultural sensitivity vs preformative concern in every other case.  But when it comes to asians they pretend not to hear or give lip service. 

There is the term ,"timid bigot."  I would submit that Era is made of those who are Timid Woke.
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #39706 on: March 17, 2021, 11:51:27 PM »
I heard people are trying to show solidarity by posting yellow squares on social media like the infamous Blackout social media movement from last year.

All I gotta say is, whoever decided to do this, thank you for representing us as yellow squares. I don't speak on things like this often, but really, what are you doing? 

“Is like this social media outrage is not sincere and people want to make it a hate crime because the ‘Asian discrimination’ is a hot topic in woke circles rather than actually caring about it”.

benjipwns

« Reply #39707 on: March 18, 2021, 12:18:44 AM »
The pictures aren't quite flattering.

I'm only posting them because I know you guys are smart enough to know that it could be a Tijuana bungalow brothel or a Saks Fifth Avenue and it would be as equally appalling and gross.  Hell, it could be Mar-a-go Lago and I trust you know it would be a heinous act.
https://twitter.com/carolineframke/status/1372315021540216835

Boredfrom

« Reply #39708 on: March 18, 2021, 12:39:29 AM »
Is there a source on that?
The quoted site is chosun.com which doesn’t mention the wanting to kill all Asians statement in the English version.

Korean-language sources were mentioning it. Dunno if it's not making the rounds because it's not reputable, or because of a language barrier.

I posted the English version of the first source translated by said source themselves.

Huh, that's bizarre. I'm not sure why the translation is missing that information.

Maybe because is more easy to lie like this and don’t get sued?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #39709 on: March 18, 2021, 12:50:10 AM »
Blue jokes have been cancelled.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #39710 on: March 18, 2021, 12:51:33 AM »
I think the biggest realisation for me in this area has been that I'm allowed to make mistakes and rebound from them because there's a floor that, as a straight, white man, I can't ever fall below. That same floor doesn't seem to exist for people of colour in a lot of scenarios, but I didn't know that because... well, it had always been there for me. That was a sobering thing to be awakened to: the idea that my whole life I've been enabled to come back from situations that would have taken a non-white person far longer to recover from, if indeed they were allowed to recover from them at all.

I don't know how helpful that is for anyone else, but for me, as someone who really does consider themselves anti-racist, that was the most potent distillation of the idea of unconscious privilege I'd ever come across. It also opened my eyes to a lot of other areas, unrelated to race, where I'd taken similar safety nets for granted.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/white-people-we-need-to-talk-about-white-supremacy-and-our-role-in-it.395761/#post-61008727

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #39712 on: March 18, 2021, 01:22:33 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39713 on: March 18, 2021, 04:23:23 AM »

You had a black male president, but not a white woman president.  ::)
That's the metric, no?

It was International Wimmins Day this month, but it didn't rate a sticky or logo change on Era

:kermit

SmokyDave

« Reply #39714 on: March 18, 2021, 04:36:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/you-could-build-a-bitchin-x-team-using-just-women-who-are-definitely-gay-for-would-date-kate-pryde-or-maybe-could-be-might.395956/

I’m not sure that’s how sexuality works excel. In fact, the idea that someone would change sexuality if they met the right person is rather problematic.

It’s about Marvel though, so it’s probably OK this time.

benjipwns

« Reply #39715 on: March 18, 2021, 04:44:51 AM »
Quote from: incelsiorlef
Realistically just give me a Kate Pryde all lady X Book where they save the world and take time to do very gay things with each other...
:doge

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #39716 on: March 18, 2021, 05:00:09 AM »

BIONIC

« Reply #39717 on: March 18, 2021, 05:10:39 AM »
Shipping fictional characters. Classic incel behavior  :wag
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #39718 on: March 18, 2021, 05:27:06 AM »
The people watching Zack Snyder's Justice League in the ResetERA.com thread right now are all loving it, including some of the biggest critics, heartwarming to see. :heart

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #39719 on: March 18, 2021, 05:27:35 AM »
Let's say you took the Godfather, gave it to Joss Whedon and told him to make a direct-to-video interpretation. For years all you've known is the Jossfather.

Now you get the Godfather.