Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3128010 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #39600 on: March 17, 2021, 08:08:32 AM »
These are all great. This is my kind of content.

(Image removed from quote.)

dat boob window, dose femoral arteries

:ryker

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39601 on: March 17, 2021, 08:10:10 AM »
Kyuuji still butthurt about transphobic comedians bill bull and Dave chappelle:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/james-acaster-on-certain-challenging-comedians.394813/

Having just watched two Bill Burr comedy sets last weekend, I dont find this James Acaster dude funny at all. Well based on this small clip anyway.

I've seen him be funny before, but that's a weak-ass bit. especially compared to the "one joke" bit that got ricky Gervais shitlisted in the first place, which was a solid joke.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #39602 on: March 17, 2021, 08:13:53 AM »
Not for nothing but the rees just had a summit because of all the racism and bigotry asians deal with on there.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39603 on: March 17, 2021, 08:15:16 AM »
If we are talking funny comedians, why are we not talking about Martin Short?

How legendary (and funny as fuck) is Martin Short/Jiminy Glick?
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39604 on: March 17, 2021, 08:16:28 AM »

There's too many posts in favor of all those sexualized costumes on the first page.  Need some negative opinions, stat!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/x-men-glow-up-for-marvels-version-of-the-met-gala.395035/page-2#post-60921355

Quote from: Youta Mottenai
"Well, the original idea was drawing her naked, wearing just the non-sensical high-heels and gloves, but someone said something about 'but then it's just heroes regular costumes painted skin color! That's would be too lazy!'"

And someone tell these guys that storm clouds are not really black. Or maybe she has smoke powers now? It's a long time since I've followed comics.

:ohyeah

Quote from: ZeoVGM
I straight up want most of these to be permanent.

:dunno :huh
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39605 on: March 17, 2021, 08:29:23 AM »

I wasn't really doing DBZ power rankings on comedians as much as just pointing out that it was literally that golden globes joke that got Ricky Gervais TransCancelled to the point that people are praising a not very funny James Acaster bit like its Who's On First.

Also, unspoken in that thread, is all the people fawning over what a hilarious and great comedian he is are literally one anecdote about a clumsy date away from being the first people denouncing him as a piece of shit that they always found creepy and unfunny, c.f. Aziz Ansari

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39606 on: March 17, 2021, 08:32:49 AM »

There's too many posts in favor of all those sexualized costumes on the first page.  Need some negative opinions, stat!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/x-men-glow-up-for-marvels-version-of-the-met-gala.395035/page-2#post-60921355

Quote from: Youta Mottenai
"Well, the original idea was drawing her naked, wearing just the non-sensical high-heels and gloves, but someone said something about 'but then it's just heroes regular costumes painted skin color! That's would be too lazy!'"

And someone tell these guys that storm clouds are not really black. Or maybe she has smoke powers now? It's a long time since I've followed comics.

:ohyeah

Quote from: ZeoVGM
I straight up want most of these to be permanent.

:dunno :huh
Of those three designs, one has underboob and one has sideboob. The third has a costume so tight you can see what she had for lunch.

Why are the burka brigade not complaining?
Spud

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #39607 on: March 17, 2021, 08:38:29 AM »
its ok when we do/like it :trumps

spoiler (click to show/hide)
and they're probably not drawn by a japanese man
[close]
(ice)

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #39609 on: March 17, 2021, 08:59:56 AM »
Really makes you think.

« Reply #39610 on: March 17, 2021, 09:12:53 AM »
The dude's pic says everything you need to know

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39611 on: March 17, 2021, 09:18:09 AM »
No when you think about it, everyone else is racist for assuming a guy named Akira Yoshida has to be Japanese.

If he never explicitly said "I am a Japanese man"...

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39612 on: March 17, 2021, 09:36:30 AM »
Cebulski took his pseudonym to extreme lengths, creating an elaborate backstory for Yoshida and even giving email interviews as him.

nm

Propagandhim

« Reply #39613 on: March 17, 2021, 09:48:05 AM »

He's the best.  I loved this show.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39614 on: March 17, 2021, 09:55:22 AM »

SmokyDave

« Reply #39615 on: March 17, 2021, 10:09:22 AM »
Really wish I’d archived Norm Macdonald Live before it was removed :(

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #39616 on: March 17, 2021, 10:24:51 AM »
https://archive.org/details/Norm_Macdonald_Live

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39617 on: March 17, 2021, 10:31:07 AM »

He's the best.  I loved this show.

Yeah same, and I just discovered through this clip that he interviewed Gervais, Larry David and Seinfeld too in HD..

Gervais: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=253357298377524
Larry David: https://streamable.com/accet

They are worth a watch, especially the Gervais and Larry David ones  :lol
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 10:35:33 AM by MMaRsu »
What

SmokyDave

« Reply #39618 on: March 17, 2021, 12:00:04 PM »
Oh you fucking beauty!

Thanks man, I owe you one.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #39619 on: March 17, 2021, 12:27:47 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Resetera level comment section on that site.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #39620 on: March 17, 2021, 12:35:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/disneyland-to-reopen-april-30th.395539/#post-60978388

Quote from: Arc, post: 60977101, member: 3522
I will never understand the adult obsession with Disney parks but maybe I’m just a grouch. I can’t imagine standing in line with a mask on in the hot sun to ride something I’ve been on hundreds of times.
Quote from: MrConbon210, post: 60978388, member: 28253
Most adults who go to the parks now the tips and tricks on how to not end up waiting in long lines. I go to Disney about 7-8 times a month and I never wait more than 20-30 minutes for anything. Usually I go, have a few drinks and a snack, go on a ride or two and leave. In and out in a few hours.

:yuck  :info  :yuck
Margs

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #39621 on: March 17, 2021, 12:48:16 PM »
WTF that is twice a week  :lol :lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #39622 on: March 17, 2021, 12:57:23 PM »
I've never been to any amusement park, aside from those nomad luna park ones, when i was little.
A buddy of mine went to Disneyland Paris once, and i was seething (i was always the poor kid in the group, so i was seething often), but then never got the appeal, past that age (10y old or so).

The only reason i could see someone older than 10 or 12 going, is if you're a teenager bringing their date there or an adult bring their kids.

Not even trying to shame now, just genuinely don't understand what's enjoyable about Mickey Mouse and shit as an adult.
Rollercoasters and Ferris Wheels, fair enough, but you don't need to go to DW for those.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #39623 on: March 17, 2021, 01:18:58 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
autism
[close]
(ice)

SmokyDave

« Reply #39624 on: March 17, 2021, 01:24:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/boise-state-university-cancels-gen-ed-courses-impacting-1300-students-mid-semester-over-social-justice-issues.395572/

Oh how the turntables etc..

I’m also primed for a ‘this is why you wait for the facts’ twist. We shall see.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39625 on: March 17, 2021, 01:31:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/boise-state-university-cancels-gen-ed-courses-impacting-1300-students-mid-semester-over-social-justice-issues.395572/

People who had reactions like this:

The least a white professor could do is not throw around words that sound like racist slurs during lectures without any kind of warning or disclaimer.

To this absurd story: https://www.resetera.com/threads/usc-communications-professor-placed-on-leave-after-using-chinese-word-that-sounds-like-racial-slur.280388

Really don't get to be mad about this.

Drainage

« Reply #39626 on: March 17, 2021, 01:31:52 PM »
This first page of this thread should age worse than Rosamund Pike

https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-rosamund-pike-as-moiraine-in-amazons-the-wheel-of-time-series.395575/

Quote from: Dr. Monkey
I don't like to comment on women's faces or bodies because *gestures at everything* but

NekoFever

« Reply #39627 on: March 17, 2021, 01:36:27 PM »
I've never been to any amusement park, aside from those nomad luna park ones, when i was little.
A buddy of mine went to Disneyland Paris once, and i was seething (i was always the poor kid in the group, so i was seething often), but then never got the appeal, past that age (10y old or so).

The only reason i could see someone older than 10 or 12 going, is if you're a teenager bringing their date there or an adult bring their kids.

Not even trying to shame now, just genuinely don't understand what's enjoyable about Mickey Mouse and shit as an adult.
Rollercoasters and Ferris Wheels, fair enough, but you don't need to go to DW for those.

I enjoy the attention to detail and workmanship. Like how everything is custom-designed, and the clever tricks like forced perspective. Kind of the same reason why I have no interest in Harry Potter but loved the studio tour. Most theme parks I go to are fairly utilitarian rollercoaster parks where they'll throw up some steel fencing and call it a day.

But I'm averaging a Disney park every 20 years at this point. Can't imagine doing it multiple times a week.

We went to Disneyland Paris for New Year 2019 and came back with severe flu symptoms, so there's a non-zero chance we brought COVID into the country from that petri dish  :doge

jorma

« Reply #39628 on: March 17, 2021, 01:36:45 PM »

but what were those beliefs that supposedly got them so degraded and belittled? huh? huh?

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #39629 on: March 17, 2021, 01:54:53 PM »

People who had reactions like this:

The least a white professor could do is not throw around words that sound like racist slurs during lectures without any kind of warning or disclaimer.

To this absurd story: https://www.resetera.com/threads/usc-communications-professor-placed-on-leave-after-using-chinese-word-that-sounds-like-racial-slur.280388

Really don't get to be mad about this.

I've seen people choose to use foreign words as a way to underhandedly get away with saying things.
Imagine learning a foreign language just so you could get away with saying the n word.

Oi Oi

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #39630 on: March 17, 2021, 02:02:53 PM »
Another instance of the GOP actually being the thought police and using their power to censor discussion.
It's nice seeing universities operating at the mercy of the (police) state.
what
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 02:08:24 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #39631 on: March 17, 2021, 02:05:02 PM »
also coincidentally really poor timing to do this with what is happening in Atlanta right now.
:doge :doge :doge :doge

BIONIC

« Reply #39632 on: March 17, 2021, 02:08:07 PM »
Can’t believe this is happening today of all days. The Snyder Cut’s eve  :stahp
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39633 on: March 17, 2021, 02:14:04 PM »

relevant?

https://www.city-journal.org/the-miseducation-of-americas-elites

:kermit

The Grace Church School in Manhattan, for example, offers a 12-page guide to “inclusive language,” which discourages people from using the word “parents”—“folks” is preferred—or from asking questions like “what religion are you?” (When asked for comment, Rev. Robert M. Pennoyer II, the assistant head of school, replied: “Grace is an Episcopal school. As part of our Episcopal identity, we recognize the dignity and worth common to humanity.” He added that the guide comes “from our desire to promote a sense of belonging for all of our students.”) A Harvard-Westlake English teacher welcomes students back after summer with: “I am a queer white womxn of European descent. I use [ she | her ] pronouns but also feel comfortable using [ they | them ] pronouns.” She attached a “self-care letter” quoting Audre Lorde: “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.”

The science program at Fieldston would make any parent swoon. The electives for 11th- and 12th-graders, according to the school’s website, include immunology, astronomy, neuroscience, and pharmacology.

But physics looks different these days. “We don’t call them Newton’s laws anymore,” an upperclassman at the school informs me. “We call them the three fundamental laws of physics. They say we need to ‘decenter whiteness,’ and we need to acknowledge that there’s more than just Newton in physics.”

In this worldview, complexity itself is a kind of racism, nuance is a phobia, and skepticism merely a type of false consciousness. Ibram Kendi, author of How to Be an Antiracist, plainly spelled out the logic on Twitter recently: “The heartbeat of racism is denial. And too often, the more powerful the racism, the more powerful the denial.”

One teacher told me that he was asked to teach an antiracist curriculum that included a “pyramid” of white supremacy. At the top was genocide. At the bottom was “two sides to every story.”

“‘Two sides to every story,’” he said. “That was on the racist pyramid.”

Consider this story, from Chapin, the tony all-girls school on the Upper East Side, involving a white girl in the lower grades who came home one day and told her father: “All people with lighter skin don’t like people with darker skin and are mean to them.” He was horrified as she explained that that was what she had been taught by her teachers. “I said to her: that’s not how we feel in this family.”

At Harvard-Westlake, the school recently administered the debunked implicit-bias test to tenth-graders. It was technically optional, but several parents I spoke with said that their children felt compelled to take it. One mother confided that her son said to her, “Mom, I just found out I’m a racist and I prefer White Europeans.” Her child is mixed race. “For my kid to come home and be told by his school you are a racist—I was aghast. I was so, so angry.”

In Brooklyn, a STEM teacher known to be friendly among skeptical students laughed when he told me the latest absurdity: students told him that their history class had a unit on Beyoncé, and they felt compelled to say that they loved her music, even if they did not. “I thought: they aren’t even entitled to their own musical preferences,” he said. “What does it mean when you can’t even tell the truth about how music affects you?”
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39634 on: March 17, 2021, 02:48:16 PM »
We NEED to feel bad. We grow when we hurt, when we reflect, when we think, when we are confronted.

I don't know how you can reconcile this statement with posting on resetterradotcomellellsee

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #39635 on: March 17, 2021, 02:55:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/disneyland-to-reopen-april-30th.395539/#post-60978388

Quote from: Arc, post: 60977101, member: 3522
I will never understand the adult obsession with Disney parks but maybe I’m just a grouch. I can’t imagine standing in line with a mask on in the hot sun to ride something I’ve been on hundreds of times.
Quote from: MrConbon210, post: 60978388, member: 28253
Most adults who go to the parks now the tips and tricks on how to not end up waiting in long lines. I go to Disney about 7-8 times a month and I never wait more than 20-30 minutes for anything. Usually I go, have a few drinks and a snack, go on a ride or two and leave. In and out in a few hours.

:yuck  :info  :yuck

“Which brings me to something else I should make clear: In no way am I suggesting that adults who enjoy Disney World with the same passion as their children are vapid dickwits. I’m stating for a fact and putting it into the record that they are vapid dickwits. I saw grown men—fathers—wearing Winnie the Pooh T-shirts and having their pictures taken with genies and giant ducks. The expression “Finding your inner child” is just that—an expression. You’re not literally supposed to act on it, especially in front of your kids, who see you as their protector.”
― Adam Resnick, Will Not Attend: Lively Stories of Detachment and Isolation

https://www.resetera.com/threads/boise-state-university-cancels-gen-ed-courses-impacting-1300-students-mid-semester-over-social-justice-issues.395572/post-60981415
We NEED to feel bad. We grow when we hurt, when we reflect, when we think, when we are confronted.
Yes! Thank you!!

Who are these people kidding but themselves?  People shouldn't be in eternal safe spaces?  Do they realize where they are?
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #39636 on: March 17, 2021, 03:05:25 PM »
just saw a tumblr post about this and WOWZERS i did not realise breath of the wild had some transmisogynistic shit in it (plus racism+misogyny with the gerudo)
WOWZERS

benjipwns

« Reply #39637 on: March 17, 2021, 03:08:35 PM »
Hah, yeah mods are where people go wild. But as someone who've been modding for decades, I noticed something lately as I replay Dragon Age Origins. People are starting to make good mods too. Like these ones for example, which wouldn't be a thing in the last decade because everyone would make female characters sexier, not the opposite.

It's such a blessing because if I were to play with the original Morrigan outfit in front of my wife, she'd give me the side eye.

SIDE EYE
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #39639 on: March 17, 2021, 03:14:01 PM »
Did I miss something?
There was a set of shootings in Atlanta at Asian "massage parlors" by a suspected customer.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39640 on: March 17, 2021, 03:18:56 PM »
For all Asian players and peers, we want you to know that we see you, we hear you, and we want you to subscribe to XBox Ultimate Live® incorporating Xbox GamePass™ and EA Play©

BadAss2961

« Reply #39641 on: March 17, 2021, 03:42:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1372231284966051842

Did I miss something?

Hate has no home on Xbox... If you stay offline.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39643 on: March 17, 2021, 04:10:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-represent-something-thats-never-allowed-you-to-be-considered-human-5-interviews-w-falcon-winter-soldier-showrunner-malcolm-spellman.395692/

"Please find something interesting in the most boring MCU characters"

If they can manage it I'm all for it. But I also wont be surprised if it ends with Falcon punching a CGI laser skybeam to end racism.

BIONIC

« Reply #39644 on: March 17, 2021, 04:12:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/square-enix-is-willing-to-put-classic-lara-croft-everywhere-except-in-new-aa-aaa-tomb-raider-game.395545/#post-60977659

Quote from: Jump_Button, post: 60976912, member: 11433
Give me two guns and let me back flip
Quote from: UltraGashInferno, post: 60977659, member: 10886
No that's immature

She must be weeping openly while slitting a guy's throat. That is mature. Oh and with smaller boobs. It's really important to make the boobs smaller to justify the torture porn that isn't really torture porn, its actually very mature storytelling. With small boobs.

:whoo
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #39645 on: March 17, 2021, 04:15:01 PM »
Did they confirm the motive is a hate crime or is everyone capitalizing the event because is tangential to a social problem (Asian discrimination). The guy looks like a incel and people at era claimed it was a redlight business before it become problematic by twitter.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39646 on: March 17, 2021, 04:17:54 PM »
Did they confirm the motive is a hate crime or is everyone capitalizing the event because is tangential to a social problem (Asian discrimination). The guy looks like a incel and people at era claimed it was a redlight business before it become problematic by twitter.

:wag

Hate crimes should have been the default instead of something that has to be “proven”

(As far as I know the motive is still unknown. I think it's clear that he was targeting someone so maybe he's a misogynist or a racist, or both)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39647 on: March 17, 2021, 04:18:09 PM »
If it were up to these nincompoops the Amazons from Wonder Woman would be filled with trans females  :doge
What

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39648 on: March 17, 2021, 04:21:31 PM »
Someone can be an incel and be a racist asshole. In fact, if someone is an incel they are almost guaranteed to be a racist prick as well.

shots fired at era! take THAT shy!

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39649 on: March 17, 2021, 04:25:16 PM »

No, but:
to the surprise of literally no one, greenwald comes to defend white supremacists

seems like if you were interested in stopping this kind of thing happening again you'd be more concerned with figuring out why it happened, rather than making assumptions.
Maybe less so if you have books to sell pushing an agenda.

Boredfrom

« Reply #39650 on: March 17, 2021, 04:25:20 PM »
    There is a fake one out there, which is debunked in the below tweet:

Thanks that’s the one I saw. Who the fuck made it then and why? Jesus

Because you guys keep using Twitter as a news aggregator.

benjipwns

« Reply #39651 on: March 17, 2021, 04:31:39 PM »
It's more comforting to some people that every act be part of a larger plan, in this case "white supremacist domestic terror" than it possibly be near random violence. If the guy was targeting a specific person, hence the visits to multiple locations, and simply shooting whoever he found, that's scary because nobody can plan for and stop that. But if he's doing it to further a white supremacist goal, that's theoretically stoppable in a panopticon society like ResetERA.com favors because he would have been under surveillance.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39652 on: March 17, 2021, 04:38:06 PM »
    There is a fake one out there, which is debunked in the below tweet:

Thanks that’s the one I saw. Who the fuck made it then and why? Jesus

Because you guys keep using Twitter as a news aggregator.

shit I saw that fake screenshot earlier and believed it too
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39653 on: March 17, 2021, 04:47:14 PM »
Yeah, exactly. Media is leaning into his "sex addiction," but it justifies nothing. Committing murder because of misogyny is still a hate crime. Moreover, this is doubly insulting because of its implicit fetishizing of Asian women (because if your mind immediately jumps to sex when you think of Asian women, fuck you).

Uhhhhh..... I'm pretty sure it's the "massage parlour" part not the "asian" part that had people thinking sex workers

Boredfrom

« Reply #39654 on: March 17, 2021, 04:47:47 PM »
They're painting him as a sex addict? What a way to try to humanize the murderer instead of talking about his victims or his crimes.

And he "had a bad day?" Holy shit. There are no words.

How the fuck that humanize anyone? People used to kill perceived sexual deviants without process.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #39655 on: March 17, 2021, 04:50:25 PM »
NeoGAF was a million times funnier for some reason. Era is really serious for the most part.

"Some reason" :thinking

Boredfrom

« Reply #39656 on: March 17, 2021, 04:51:14 PM »
Asian RE going full Reeeeee:

Quote from: Lesath
Absolutely. I remember that there were folks who questioned whether or not I was really Asian when I criticized Biden's xenophobic campaign ad. Or the pushback I got when I told people to tamp down on the voyeurism with the Hong Kong protest threads.

You folks want change? You don't need to write a congressperson or even call out racism or whatever. Not yet, anyway. First, look in a fucking mirror. The racism is in the politicians you love INCLUDING the Dems and the newspapers you read INCLUDING darlings like the NYT and WaPo. Fucking shut up and LISTEN. WE saw this coming a mile away. YOU are part of the problem that made these racists comfortable enough to act on their hate.

REEEEEE

Boredfrom

« Reply #39657 on: March 17, 2021, 04:54:15 PM »
WHAT THE FUCK THIS HAS TO DO WITH THE CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY?

Quote from: Mekanos
The problem here is that you're already having to qualify the horrible racism going around the world with "well, the CCP is evil, but..." It doesn't actually help the conversation, and you're greatly mistaken if you think discussion on ERA successfully delineates between Chinese people and their government. So many threads based on kneejerk headlines and news immediately turn into "fuck the CCP" when China or Chinese people are involved, only for it to turn out there's no connection.

There is undeniably a culture on ERA and other liberal circles where people feel they must always bring up tenuous at best connections to the CCP to criticize them. It's essentially Cold War 2.0. If it's like that here, it's way worse in right-wing circles. And those people don't care about the victims of the CCP, you can bet on that..

“There is no connection, no sir, CCP has nothing to do”.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39658 on: March 17, 2021, 05:00:35 PM »
So many threads based on kneejerk headlines and news immediately turn into "fuck the CCP" when China or Chinese people are involved, only for it to turn out there's no connection.

How does that work? If it's involving China wouldn't one or the other have to be connected to it?

Anyway, if some gets mad about "fuck CCP" they're rather suspect

benjipwns

« Reply #39659 on: March 17, 2021, 05:03:59 PM »
Yeah, exactly. Media is leaning into his "sex addiction," but it justifies nothing. Committing murder because of misogyny is still a hate crime. Moreover, this is doubly insulting because of its implicit fetishizing of Asian women (because if your mind immediately jumps to sex when you think of Asian women, fuck you).
The part that you didn't bold actually is what gets me. MULTIPLE MURDERS, and being charged for the MURDERS isn't good enough, even though that's life in prison and in some cases still the death penalty. No, we need to focus on the HATE CRIME that may underlie the MULTIPLE MURDERS.