Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3132209 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #39360 on: March 13, 2021, 01:09:35 PM »
 :corona_mj

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39361 on: March 13, 2021, 01:19:39 PM »
What Will Be Discussed:

I. Defining 21st Century Culture Wars: Gamergate, Cambridge Analytica, & The Rise of the Alt-Right
- Disney wants J.J. to do three movies, he doesn't agree with the schedule but gives them mystery boxes and an art book
- Rian Johnson makes a $300 million movie that flops with the art book but scraps J.J's mystery boxes in the process
- Merchandise pulled from shelves because kids apparently do not like action figures of obese engineers and depressed loners, Kathleen panics

II. The New Gamergate: The Rise of Alt-Right Ideology in Star Wars Fandom
- Kathleen wants Harry Potter people to rewrite Colin Trevorrow's work
- Colin Trevorrow says fuck that
- Kathleen panics and calls J.J.

III. How Far Right Hate Turns Into Fact
- J.J. says yes and casts his friends including Keri Russell
- Disney tells J.J. to hurry up ROADTO1BILLIONMICKEYMOUSE.JPG
- Actors want to move on already

IV. The Generational Cost of Hate: The Alt-Right’s Successful Political Attack against Progressive Culture
- Disney butchers the film in editing
- TROS flops
- The actors couldn't care less

V. What We Never Learned From Gamergate
- That George Lucas was right about the movie industry this entire time :lucas
- That EA and Disney would destroy Super Mario in a week  :doge
- That Daisy Ridley is an alcoholic :trumps
🤴

BikeJesus

« Reply #39362 on: March 13, 2021, 01:30:35 PM »
aren't you the person constantly pushing back on criticism of sweden's approach to covid? are you telling me you don't know how to wear a mask this far into the pandemic?

Awww yes.

Quote from: kyuuji
The fact you immediately use this to advocate leniency on those not wearing masks is the sus part. If it's all sincere then as others have said, see a doctor and explain to them the series of events that you told us. Hopefully it was a combination of factors as you go into in your last post and nothing more significant, and no further episodes affect you going forward.

User requested thread lock incoming.

ok but for real did you just start wearing masks? It sounds like it

Quote from: OP
The government started recommending mask usage in public transport during specific hours in early January (or possibly late December) and at all times in February. I have been using masks since that first recommendation came in January but have been isolating at home as much as possible, so I've only made fewer than 10 public transport trips since then

Fucking guy just started wearing a mask this year? I'm dying over here
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 01:40:20 PM by BikeJesus »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39363 on: March 13, 2021, 02:15:37 PM »
Hey guys I only leave my house once a year to buy new Amiibo, why is everyone wearing masks?  ???
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #39364 on: March 13, 2021, 02:21:28 PM »
Legit was going to ask this

Did you take it out of the plastic wrapper?[/]

jorma

« Reply #39365 on: March 13, 2021, 02:31:21 PM »
aren't you the person constantly pushing back on criticism of sweden's approach to covid? are you telling me you don't know how to wear a mask this far into the pandemic?

Awww yes.

Quote from: kyuuji
The fact you immediately use this to advocate leniency on those not wearing masks is the sus part. If it's all sincere then as others have said, see a doctor and explain to them the series of events that you told us. Hopefully it was a combination of factors as you go into in your last post and nothing more significant, and no further episodes affect you going forward.

User requested thread lock incoming.

ok but for real did you just start wearing masks? It sounds like it

Quote from: OP
The government started recommending mask usage in public transport during specific hours in early January (or possibly late December) and at all times in February. I have been using masks since that first recommendation came in January but have been isolating at home as much as possible, so I've only made fewer than 10 public transport trips since then

Fucking guy just started wearing a mask this year? I'm dying over here

Some started wearing mask on the public transports, but most still don't  :yeshrug

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39366 on: March 13, 2021, 02:39:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/charlie-hebdo-directly-invokes-imagery-of-george-floyd-to-satirize-meghan-markle.393271/#post-60685582
Quote from: excelsiorlef
It's not pro royal family but they're using George Floyd as a counterpoint.

That Markle is a rich girl who doesn't experience real racism.

It's the kind of racism that pops up from time to time in left wing class politics.

Like I don't for a minute believe they ate sympathetic to Meghan at all.

I'm not expert in satire, but how does she draws that conclusion? The satire is attacking the royal family, putting Markle in the position of George Floyd and the Queen as the killer cop. How the hell is incelchief seeing that and think "This is a racist attack mocking Merkle's experience"?
As much as it pains me to agree with incelchief, she's half right.

This is just as critical of Markle as it is of the Queen. Of course, Resetera, in its strictly black and white world, cannot fathom a satirical cartoon that lampoons both subjects.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 02:52:33 PM by Potato »
Spud

BadAss2961

« Reply #39367 on: March 13, 2021, 02:56:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rewriting-ripley-how-white-supremacy-misogyny-and-hate-targeted-the-star-wars-sequel-trilogy-the-last-jedi-and-won.393202/post-60699667
Honestly, I wish ERA drew a harder line on TLJ discourse.

Everyone knows how much damage it did here and in the wider fandom, and how it was a gateway to further alt-right bullshit.

If people think their critique is so special it rises above the real harm the discourse caused, that’s a problem on them and their ego.

Yes, mods really need to crack down on people who critique this Disney movie.

Drainage

« Reply #39368 on: March 13, 2021, 02:57:31 PM »
Today of all days, reee in shambles for 9 pages

https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-overtakes-‘avengers-endgame’-as-all-time-highest-grossing-film.393253/

I saw this coming a few years back, I had a vision, but I didn't want to believe it. Now it's true.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39370 on: March 13, 2021, 03:36:47 PM »
Another shout out for Moet that is seriously good champagne  :playa
🤴

Averon

« Reply #39371 on: March 13, 2021, 04:08:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rewriting-ripley-how-white-supremacy-misogyny-and-hate-targeted-the-star-wars-sequel-trilogy-the-last-jedi-and-won.393202/post-60699667

Everyone knows how much damage it did here and in the wider fandom, and how it was a gateway to further alt-right bullshit.

If people think their critique is so special it rises above the real harm the discourse caused, that’s a problem on them and their ego.

ERA: "We are going to fight the alt-right...by banning criticism of Disney movies"  :neogaf :dead :mindblown

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39372 on: March 13, 2021, 04:23:04 PM »

ERA: "We are going to fight the alt-right...by banning criticism of Disney movies"  :neogaf :dead :mindblown

Please think about all the "real harm the discourse caused"  :stahp

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #39373 on: March 13, 2021, 04:27:01 PM »
Legit was going to ask this

Did you take it out of the plastic wrapper?
I hope not, that would knock down its value...

benjipwns

« Reply #39374 on: March 13, 2021, 04:29:26 PM »
Personally? I’d be a okay with a hard limit on TLJ talk, or regulating it to a thread. The arguments never go anywhere useful, and is a breeding ground for alt-right recruitment.

Same with that ghostbusters movie, and the Harry Potter game.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #39375 on: March 13, 2021, 04:56:38 PM »

It's up brehs.  :shaking

ShutUp

« Reply #39376 on: March 13, 2021, 05:30:24 PM »
Not liking a movie DOES NOT MAKE YOU ALT-RIGHT   :kinison

These fucking morons

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39377 on: March 13, 2021, 05:32:57 PM »

I have a feeling Resetera and the press have already moved on. I hope that what he says is true though and he left because of a family issue and planned to retire soon anyway.

That so many press outlets managed to get his job wrong in their rush to cancel him is pretty funny.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #39378 on: March 13, 2021, 05:34:54 PM »
The press might have moved on but :reeeee will take this to the sites digital grave :doge
(ice)

Boredfrom

« Reply #39379 on: March 13, 2021, 05:37:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/charlie-hebdo-directly-invokes-imagery-of-george-floyd-to-satirize-meghan-markle.393271/#post-60685582
Quote from: excelsiorlef
It's not pro royal family but they're using George Floyd as a counterpoint.

That Markle is a rich girl who doesn't experience real racism.

It's the kind of racism that pops up from time to time in left wing class politics.

Like I don't for a minute believe they ate sympathetic to Meghan at all.

I'm not expert in satire, but how does she draws that conclusion? The satire is attacking the royal family, putting Markle in the position of George Floyd and the Queen as the killer cop. How the hell is incelchief seeing that and think "This is a racist attack mocking Merkle's experience"?
As much as it pains me to agree with incelchief, she's half right.

This is just as critical of Markle as it is of the Queen. Of course, Resetera, in its strictly black and white world, cannot fathom a satirical cartoon that lampoons both subjects.

I think she saying that Markle has never experienced real racism is kind of shitty opinion. Is a battle between privileged people, for sure, but doesn’t RE celebrate every single rich black creator, even the ones with shitty past actions?

BikeJesus

« Reply #39380 on: March 13, 2021, 05:48:09 PM »

Seems like a reasonable person. Funny that he even had a video where he disagreed with Ben Shapiro and his views on abortion and trans people. His sin was not agreeing with Anita Grifteesian.

I like that he is comfortably retired, and the majority of reeees will either be living at home or living off welfare for their entire miserable lives.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39381 on: March 13, 2021, 05:50:44 PM »
Today of all days, reee in shambles for 9 pages

https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-overtakes-‘avengers-endgame’-as-all-time-highest-grossing-film.393253/

I saw this coming a few years back, I had a vision, but I didn't want to believe it. Now it's true.
Imagine having the gift of ESPN and wasting it on predicting which kids' movie will make more money for their respective corporate conglomerate.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39382 on: March 13, 2021, 05:53:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/prestige-cuvée-champagne.393277/

:snob
Waiting on Tabris to enter thread with some ridiculously overpriced cow piss that his rich boss let him taste the dregs of once.
Spud

BadAss2961

« Reply #39383 on: March 13, 2021, 06:24:57 PM »

Seems like a reasonable person. Funny that he even had a video where he disagreed with Ben Shapiro and his views on abortion and trans people. His sin was not agreeing with Anita Grifteesian.

I like that he is comfortably retired, and the majority of reeees will either be living at home or living off welfare for their entire miserable lives.

Amazing they still take that hack seriously. Her own words exposed her as a total fraud, but they don't care.

Still remember folks realizing they'd been finessed when they shelled out cash only for Anita to slowly produce low budget content.

BikeJesus

« Reply #39384 on: March 13, 2021, 06:29:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/charlie-hebdo-directly-invokes-imagery-of-george-floyd-to-satirize-meghan-markle.393271/post-60702424

Quote from: Emergency & I
Hebdo sucks. Duh. They’re edgelord satirists that invoke whatever imagery they deem necessary to the point that it’s gotten their employees murdered. This is completely on brand and ugly.

However, it’s ugly for different reasons pointed out in this thread and the OP is completely warped and wrong. This is a very train wreck-y thread.

:salute

Quote from: incelshit
lol ok

Quote from: Emergency & I
All gas, no brakes. Good luck.

ShutUp

« Reply #39385 on: March 13, 2021, 06:44:38 PM »
A mod just being fed up with incelchief one day and randomly banning her ass permanently would lead to such glorious chaos behind the scenes.

Of course, the mod responsible would be flayed alive, perma'd within half an hour and incel back to shitposting all within an hour, but still, it would be chaos for a brief time.  :rejoice

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #39386 on: March 13, 2021, 06:49:00 PM »
incel did catch a short ban once that was swiftly overturned :titus

the hissy fit in the discords must have been epic :phil
(ice)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39387 on: March 13, 2021, 07:13:05 PM »
Maybe it'd be better if the cartoon was the queen dangling a baby over the edge of a volcano, or the queen painting a family portrait, only she'd painted Archie's skin colour an extreme albino-white? Or maybe if the cartoon was exactly the same, but she was kneeling on Harry's neck too simultaneously? And yet I doubt it. You can never satisfy someone who wants to be offended and will go out of their way to interpret something as offensive to their values. But if the cartoon was a ghoulish Trump with a pig's snout pissing on Christians, those same people would be talking about how brave and important comedy is.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #39388 on: March 13, 2021, 07:29:36 PM »
comedy is for cowards :trumps
(ice)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39389 on: March 13, 2021, 07:44:19 PM »
People who hide behind snark and cynicism and sarcasm are cowards. Real bravery is having the courage to feel your feelings, and then forcing your way into a newspaper office to slaughter journalists with assault weapons.

Boredfrom

« Reply #39390 on: March 13, 2021, 07:54:58 PM »
.  Hebdo sucks. Duh. They’re edgelord satirists that invoke whatever imagery they deem necessary to the point that it’s gotten their employees murdered. This is completely on brand and ugly.

:brain :doge :brain

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39391 on: March 13, 2021, 07:56:01 PM »
 :info :wut
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39392 on: March 13, 2021, 08:05:37 PM »
.  Hebdo sucks. Duh. They’re edgelord satirists that invoke whatever imagery they deem necessary to the point that it’s gotten their employees murdered. This is completely on brand and ugly.

:brain :doge :brain
You could say, "they were asking for it".

If they didn't want to be murdered, they shouldn't have been wearing short skirts....err, making satirical cartoons about loony religious nuts.
Spud

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #39393 on: March 13, 2021, 08:40:50 PM »
Maybe it'd be better if the cartoon was the queen dangling a baby over the edge of a volcano, or the queen painting a family portrait, only she'd painted Archie's skin colour an extreme albino-white? Or maybe if the cartoon was exactly the same, but she was kneeling on Harry's neck too simultaneously? And yet I doubt it. You can never satisfy someone who wants to be offended and will go out of their way to interpret something as offensive to their values. But if the cartoon was a ghoulish Trump with a pig's snout pissing on Christians, those same people would be talking about how brave and important comedy is.

If it was a white baby I know one person who would like it
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #39394 on: March 13, 2021, 08:50:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-overtakes-%E2%80%98avengers-endgame%E2%80%99-as-all-time-highest-grossing-film.393253/post-60681520
Quote from: Excel
All because old men can't handle that Marvel is the new definition of Cinema.

:brain

Just goes to show cheaters often profit.

I hope so Marvel deserves it for the art they make compared to that unoriginal nyquil commercial adaptation

« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 09:00:52 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #39395 on: March 13, 2021, 08:54:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-overtakes-%E2%80%98avengers-endgame%E2%80%99-as-all-time-highest-grossing-film.393253/post-60681520

Ok, THIS is the worst thing incel has ever posted

BadAss2961

« Reply #39396 on: March 13, 2021, 09:09:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/90s-pop-band-hanson-is-trying-to-make-a-comeback-via-the-masked-singer-im-here-to-remind-you-they-are-problematic-hanson-gate-explanation.393505/

90's pop band Hanson is trying to make a comeback via "The Masked Singer". I'm here to remind you they are problematic.

Yes, THAT Hanson, MMBop, is 'problematic' and must be stopped. A preemptive cancelling.

Their first mistake was expecting three country pop white boys from Oklahoma to rep BLM. I personally expect that sort of makeup to be pretty conservative, so i'm only pleasantly surprised when they're not.

ShutUp

« Reply #39397 on: March 13, 2021, 09:56:34 PM »
12 pages of salt in that Avatar thread :lol

Then some rubbing it in with shots of how well the action was filmed in Avatar.  :lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #39398 on: March 13, 2021, 10:19:47 PM »
Didn't Endgame get a rerelease to overtake Avatar? Now it's "cheating". :lol
©@©™

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #39399 on: March 13, 2021, 10:20:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/90s-pop-band-hanson-is-trying-to-make-a-comeback-via-the-masked-singer-im-here-to-remind-you-they-are-problematic-hanson-gate-explanation.393505/

All those good times and years of good will changed in May last year around the time of the murder of George Floyd. The whole saga is chronicled in a linear timeline here, in this helpful post from the Reddit group "Post Hanson" which is a collection of former fans who feel betrayed by a band they had been following for most of their lives.
www.reddit.com
r/postHanson - HANSONGATE Timeline: WHAT HAPPENED
147 votes and 142 comments so far on Reddit
 www.reddit.com www.reddit.com

THE LEADUP: MAY 25 - JUNE 5
May 25-27: George Floyd, a Black man, is murdered by a white police officer. For a few days, HANSON posts normal content on social media and receive ordinary fan comments.

May 28: Protests against police brutality are happening across America. HANSON shares a post about the rocket launch. The post receives many comments from fans pointing out that as a band who has constantly cited Black artists as influences, it is concerning that they choose to post about the rocket but have been silent about the black lives matter movement. Black and POC fans in particular begin expressing hurt and frustration. Many of these comments are still available on the Instagram post.

May 31: After a few more days of silence, HANSON posts announcing a livestream with an organization that provides mental health services to musicians. Many more comments come in pointing out that while it's great they are supporting mental health, why are they still silent on Black lives matter?

At this point, a divide is forming in the fan community between those calling the band in, and those claiming the band is being 'attacked.' For what it's worth, almost all the comments and almost none were attacks: they were pleas for the guys to do the right thing. That evening, TAYLOR posts about George Floyd on his personal Instagram.

June 2: Blackout Tuesday happens. The main Hanson account remains silent. TAYLOR shares a black square on his Instagram, receiving mostly supportive comments but a few people asking him to do more, like at least say the words "Black lives matter."

June 3: ISAAC posts on Instagram stating 'Racism is Wrong!' This is met with mixed reactions from fans. Some felt that while the topics were important and the acknowledgment was appreciated, it was not enough, especially for BIPOC fans point-blank asking them to proudly state Black Lives Matter.

June 4: ZAC posts about recording an HTP podcast but still does not address BLM. ZAC replied to a few comments; most notably, a 'statement' about why he hasn't said Black lives matter. He also replied directly to a Black fan. Things got hectic and he deleted all comments. These screenshots are widely available but we will be adding them soon.

This was when things began to escalate: the main Hanson account was still silent, refusing to say black lives matter, and now we had Zac silencing black fans by deleting all comments on his post. The latest post on the Hanson page was still the one about the livestream, and it continued to receive comments from both supportive and frustrated fans. Fans began fighting with each other in the comments, and at least one black fan outright said she felt gaslit by the white fans.

June 5(?): Earlier in the day, the main band account shares a video advertising BTTI. Another round of hurt, angry comments rolls in while the post is still up, including feedback from BIPOC fans, and it is deleted within a couple of hours.

ZAC makes an Instagram post available here addressing some issues around the controversy.

Later, the main band account finally makes a post 'directly' addressing the criticism and comments are still enabled. This is met with another mixed response from fans. Many felt it was already too little too late. There has still been no apology to Black fans, no acknowledgment of the influence Black artists have had on their music, and no willingness from the band to even do the bare minimum of actually saying black lives matter. The fandom continues to implode in comment sections.

That evening around midnight, TAYLOR posts on his personal IG saying 'Love Casts Out Fear'.

Many fans feel he is having the best response out of the three, but a lot of commenters encourage him to highlight black artists or show what actions he has been taking to support black lives.

PINTERESTGATE/HANSONGATE* BEGINS
*the word "Pinterestgate was kicking around before the post was made, then at the time it was posted it has already been titled Hansongate because although Zac is by far the instigator here, all three have a responsibility in this.

June 6: Zac's social media accounts including a YouTube channel, a Pinterest board, a Twitter account, a Facebook account, a website, and a private Instagram all named "ITIAirsoft" or sometimes "Commanding Officer" begin circulating among fans. Rumors are that someone close to Zac is the one who leaked it.

It's clear that the original purpose of these accounts was to manage the Airsoft team of the same name that Zac assembled; however, as the team apparently seemed to get less active (last posts were ca 2015) Zac instead used the Pinterest account specifically to build his meme and propaganda collection. Screenshots show some memes depicting US Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, commonly known as AOC which suggests that this account was still recently active (she was elected 2018).

The Pinterest board has been particularly damaging as it was full of rightwing propaganda. Including but not limited to racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, and islamophobia. Worse still, several of the Pins included commentary from Zac (user "ITIAirsoft/Commanding Officer") that reaffirm his stance on the media he shared. One of the worst things was a pin supporting George Zimmerman, the man who murdered Trayvon Martin, a black teenager. At this time it was only rumored that the account belonged to Zac, but there was enough evidence that many fans believed it was his.

This was the day r/posthanson subreddit was created.

June 7: Boycotting. Fans begin to gather at this subreddit and many take action. Requesting membership renewals, donating to BLM adjacent charities in the band's name, selling their merch, canceling orders, etc. We're all at different levels here, some have denounced Hanson entirely, others are still waiting to see what happens. The main sentiment on this subreddit is heartbreak, disappointment, betrayal. This is NOT a group of fans out to celebrate Hanson's demise, but people who are genuinely saddened at their behavior.

JUNE 8: On the afternoon of June 8, the Hanson Instagram posted a single image, with comments turned off, affirming Black lives matter: "We believe any form of racism is an injustice, and injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. There is no question we believe that black lives matter."

While there was a moment of joy and relief from the fans, many of us following the Hansongate story were also suspicious and did not feel it was enough. They receive many critical responses on Twitter but a lot of supportive responses on FB. At this point, much of the fanbase doesn't even know about Zac's Pinterest.

Within 2 hours, Zac confirmed on Instagram via comments from a post on May 26 that he was ITIAirsoft and defended everything he posted that was questioned.

His wife, KATE, then released a statement on Instagram.

June 9: Kate disabled comments on her post. Screenshots circulate that ZAC is corresponding with fans via PM on hnet and expresses sadness about the situation but does not indicate he feels any remorse towards others; only himself. SCREENSHOTS 1 & 2

June 10: Business seems to have resumed as normal at 3CG; a newsletter was dispatched in the evening celebrating the 10-year anniversary of Shout it Out with no acknowledgment of the current situation. By now, many Facebook fan groups have closed membership or archived temporarily.

On the evening of June 10, Lisa Niemann, wife of known Hanson associate Trevor, released a statement on facebook.

Unconfirmed reports of fans being blocked from the Twitter and Instagram accounts of ZAC, KATE, and the band have begun circulating and at least one instance of a fan having their Hnet account deleted without warning.

June 11: r/posthanson posts an open letter requesting an apology/acknowledgement from the band.

So far, hnet CBIB and HTP remains up to date but there is no official word from the band.

JUNE 12 - 14: still no word from the band; all social media remains silent; more discussion continues amongst fans on all sides of the issue.

June 15: HBBC (Beer company) updates twitter with a photo that appears to be taken and posted by Taylor. CBIBs continue to be posted - fans have started to notice that all recent CBIBs are from the same day and that Zac is clearly absent from them.

June 16 - 18: very few posts aside from some activity on from the beer company.

Juneteenth (June 19): All 3 make individual posts.

Taylor's is regarded as overall a positive
Isaac reposted content to his story (discussion here).
Zac's post is best discussed at the link, as he began blocking fans and deleting comments:
June 20-21: Zac continues blocking fans that bring up Pinterestgate in any way, or even express anything less than positive without any response. On June 21, someone asks him why he is blocking people, and his response (and remaining fallout) is best viewed here.

POSTGATE - PRESENT
By and large, the summer remained fairly uneventful. ITZ has mostly laid low.

July 18: A drafted but unpublished blog entry written by ZAC is found on Hnet. It's unclear how users found it but it was never officially posted as a blog entry or event on the website and was a draft. It was originally dated for June 26. Once it is discovered, it's promptly removed. Click here to read the discussion. The STICKIED comment on that post contains the screenshot.

While there is some measure of accountability taken in its text, ZAC still centers the conversation around himself. In the end, the post was never officially released, was exclusive to fanclub members, and has also been removed so it is considered a nonstarter.

July 22: TAYLOR hosts a panel for the MusiCares foundation. Some users tuned in to watch the stream and provided commentary on TAYLOR'S interaction with the panelists as race, white supremacy, and police brutality were discussed. Reactions were mixed but overall less-than-impressed. Click here to read the discussion.

CCC: September 1 - 8 ITZ announces a residency for fall and winter at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa and sell tickets for in-person events in addition to livestream tickets. This is viewed as highly irresponsible and selfish, which is discussed at more length at the following posts.

September 1 announcement and discussion
Presale event on September 8
Cain's Covid Catastophe Discussion #1 (October 9 - 11)
Cain's Covid Catastrophe Discussion #2 (November 5 - 7)
Cain's Covid Catastrophe Discussion #3 (December 4 - 6) Taylor mentions “Hansongate” verbatim during the December 6 nightcap. Please see the heading below for more information.
Cain's Covid Catastrophe Discussion #4 (January 8 – 10, 2021)
November 1: ISAAC posts the following on his Instagram stories:

“At some point very soon Christians and Church’s [sic] (and for that matter anyone of any faith) is going to have to decide, is [sic] your faith is more important than your fear. We are quickly approaching Christmas and it too will be canceled (by our governments), just like Easter was and Thanksgiving is being suggested to be. I for one will not comply. I fear God more that [sic] I fear death and far more than I fear my government!!!”
Screenshot and discussion hereBecause fans can't publicly comment on Instagram stories, they take to his most recent post about a Theodore Roosevelt book to publicly share their disappointment.

November 2: ISAAC shares another Instagram story attempting to clarify the first one, stating among other things “as this pandemic persists, what is your line with COVID/Lockdowns?”. Screenshot and discussion here.

Later this day, Radio.com announces an upcoming interview with the band, asking fans to submit their questions. Many fans responded by submitting questions about Isaac's views on COVID, as well as questions about the band's actions in relation to BLM. Comments on this post (Instagram).

November 4: Queerty picks up the Isaac story. Discussion and article link here. The story is also eventually picked up by MSN, Perez Hilton, and the Mirror.

November 5: ISAAC is a no-show at the Radio.com interview. Nothing about Isaac's stories or views was asked during the interview, however, at least one somewhat critical fan question was answered, in relation to the ‘hold on to the ones who really care’ line from Mmmbop:

“Speaking hypothetically, would the guys consider that person to be one who loves you unconditionally, or one who challenges you to be a better person?
While Taylor feels those two people, hopefully, can be one and the same, as for Zac, he always felt that line represented the “people that you have identified in your life that care for you,” he says. “It’s about you searching your own thoughts and saying, ‘who are the people who are really taking care of me, who are really giving into my life, and I need to do that back to them.”
Discussion here.

November 6: ISAAC turns off and hides all Instagram comments, then deletes and reposts the Roosevelt book post, also with comments disabled.

November 5-7: Cain’s in-person and livestream events continue as the pandemic continues.

An E! Online article covers the release of Perennial and skims over mentioning the in-person aspect of the shows. The band makes no mention of Isaac’s recent controversy, nor of the contentious US election ongoing at the time.

HANSONGATE MEDIA EXPOSURE
November 10: VICE breaks an investigative story about Hansongate including interviews from the r/posthanson moderators and Black fans. The article includes the following statements from the band, which have been panned by fans as weak:

BAND

In an emailed statement to VICE, the band wrote, "We are so grateful to our incredible and diverse community of fans for their continued support and powerful connection with our music. We are proud to have people of so many different backgrounds as a part of the community who consider themselves Hanson fans."
ZAC

In an emailed statement to VICE, Zac wrote, "The leaked Pinterest page provided a distorted view of the issues surrounding race and social justice, which do not reflect my personal beliefs. I apologize for the hurt my actions caused."
ISAAC

"What I shared was driven by an emotional reaction to a recent personal experience," Isaac wrote in an emailed statement to VICE. "I’m sorry for the pain and worry that my posts caused. I don’t believe there is a group conspiring against Christmas, only that I hope value is placed on both practices of safety and of faith."
Since its publication, the story has been picked up by NME, Vulture, Stereogum, InsideHook, Pedestiran.TV, and PinkNews. Some are deliberately spun incorrectly by stating it's about politics, and others have the right idea but are abridged or inaccurate. Other stories and reactions have been discussed at the podcast Who? Weekly November 23, 2020 episode and The Phase.

November 20: Taylor posts a solo performance of the Tinted Windows song “Take Me Back” to his IGTV. It’s officially a tribute to the late Adam Schlesinger, but the discussion around it left some fans wondering if it did not have an incidental double-meaning.

TAYLOR BREAKS SILENCE
December 6: During Hanson.net Nightcap following the final Cain’s performance, TAYLOR mentioned the Hansongate controversy by name but said nothing about it one way or another. Response from fans is mixed: some are relieved it has finally been officially acknowledged and others feel it is mere lipservice.

December 17: In tandem with the birth announcement of daughter Maybellene Alma Joy, TAYLOR posts another solo performance to Instagram; this time, for a new song “Sound like Joy.” He uses the platform to raise awareness and call to support the restoration of the Vernon AME Church in Tulsa, “the only standing structure from the Historic Black Wall Street and the only edifice that remains from the worst race massacre in American history.” This is overall viewed as a positive of the Black-affirming action fans have asked to see.

December 30: TAYLOR officially breaks his silence and makes a longer statement about Hansongate in an interview with Lyndsey Parker on SiriusXM VolumeWest. He talks about how he understands why their inaction was perceived as “less compassionate,” and explains more from their position but carefully avoids discussing ZAC and ISAAC’s actions which results in many parts of the conversation that fans need to hear being excluded. Discussion and transcript are found here.
Click to shrink...
Well, there's the basics of the story. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. But in a few weeks when Hanson is lauded on the Masked Singer stage I hope you give pause before you go out and buy any albums.

I find this whole thing really sad. Half of the fan base is like my sister, devoted to them for decades, getting many tattoos, travelling internationally for concerts and making many friends in their small but close knit community. Now all of those good times are tainted and friend has turned against friend all because the brothers are shit heads.

TL;DR - Hanson is on the masked singer (yet to be revealed). This past year a secret pinterest board of one of the members (Zac) was leaked, filled with vile memes denigrating basically anyone who isn't a cis-gendered, straight, white male. His brothers/bandmates really dragged their feet in outright condemning him and the band as a whole is trying to push it all under the rug. On top of that, they seem to be Covid deniers.

Holy Fuck
 :titus :titus :titus :titus :titus :titus
Oi Oi

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #39400 on: March 13, 2021, 10:25:37 PM »
©@©™

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #39401 on: March 13, 2021, 10:49:01 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
One of the first porn videos I saw on the internet was an amateur girl blowing her boyfriend while listening to mmmbop.  :lol
[close]

I'm sure they will use this as cancelling fuel. :neogaf
[close]

« Reply #39402 on: March 13, 2021, 10:49:11 PM »
Do they have this shit ready to go or what? I refuse to believe someone actually typed all that shit and hit post. He had all that ready to go on a google doc or something, right?

BadAss2961

« Reply #39403 on: March 13, 2021, 10:53:43 PM »
One of the first porn videos I saw on the internet was an amateur girl blowing her boyfriend while listening to mmmbop.  :lol
[close]

I'm sure they will use this as cancelling fuel. :neogaf
[close]
I'm not entirely sure, but I feel like i've also seen this video.  :obama

clothedmacuser

« Reply #39404 on: March 13, 2021, 11:00:14 PM »
Do they have this shit ready to go or what? I refuse to believe someone actually typed all that shit and hit post. He had all that ready to go on a google doc or something, right?

It's sounds like the OP visits the Hanson forums.  I just pray he's younger than the members of Hanson.
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39405 on: March 13, 2021, 11:14:30 PM »

All those good times and years of good will changed in May last year around the time of the murder of George Floyd. The whole saga is chronicled in a linear timeline here, in this helpful post from the Reddit group "Post Hanson" which is a collection of former fans who feel betrayed by a band they had been following for most of their lives.
www.reddit.com
r/postHanson - HANSONGATE Timeline: WHAT HAPPENED
147 votes and 142 comments so far on Reddit
 www.reddit.com www.reddit.com

THE LEADUP: MAY 25 - JUNE 5
May 25-27: George Floyd, a Black man, is murdered by a white police officer. For a few days, HANSON posts normal content on social media and receive ordinary fan comments.

May 28: Protests against police brutality are happening across America. HANSON shares a post about the rocket launch. The post receives many comments from fans pointing out that as a band who has constantly cited Black artists as influences, it is concerning that they choose to post about the rocket but have been silent about the black lives matter movement. Black and POC fans in particular begin expressing hurt and frustration. Many of these comments are still available on the Instagram post.

May 31: After a few more days of silence, HANSON posts announcing a livestream with an organization that provides mental health services to musicians. Many more comments come in pointing out that while it's great they are supporting mental health, why are they still silent on Black lives matter?

At this point, a divide is forming in the fan community between those calling the band in, and those claiming the band is being 'attacked.' For what it's worth, almost all the comments and almost none were attacks: they were pleas for the guys to do the right thing. That evening, TAYLOR posts about George Floyd on his personal Instagram.

June 2: Blackout Tuesday happens. The main Hanson account remains silent. TAYLOR shares a black square on his Instagram, receiving mostly supportive comments but a few people asking him to do more, like at least say the words "Black lives matter."

June 3: ISAAC posts on Instagram stating 'Racism is Wrong!' This is met with mixed reactions from fans. Some felt that while the topics were important and the acknowledgment was appreciated, it was not enough, especially for BIPOC fans point-blank asking them to proudly state Black Lives Matter.

June 4: ZAC posts about recording an HTP podcast but still does not address BLM. ZAC replied to a few comments; most notably, a 'statement' about why he hasn't said Black lives matter. He also replied directly to a Black fan. Things got hectic and he deleted all comments. These screenshots are widely available but we will be adding them soon.

This was when things began to escalate: the main Hanson account was still silent, refusing to say black lives matter, and now we had Zac silencing black fans by deleting all comments on his post. The latest post on the Hanson page was still the one about the livestream, and it continued to receive comments from both supportive and frustrated fans. Fans began fighting with each other in the comments, and at least one black fan outright said she felt gaslit by the white fans.

June 5(?): Earlier in the day, the main band account shares a video advertising BTTI. Another round of hurt, angry comments rolls in while the post is still up, including feedback from BIPOC fans, and it is deleted within a couple of hours.

ZAC makes an Instagram post available here addressing some issues around the controversy.

Later, the main band account finally makes a post 'directly' addressing the criticism and comments are still enabled. This is met with another mixed response from fans. Many felt it was already too little too late. There has still been no apology to Black fans, no acknowledgment of the influence Black artists have had on their music, and no willingness from the band to even do the bare minimum of actually saying black lives matter. The fandom continues to implode in comment sections.

That evening around midnight, TAYLOR posts on his personal IG saying 'Love Casts Out Fear'.

Many fans feel he is having the best response out of the three, but a lot of commenters encourage him to highlight black artists or show what actions he has been taking to support black lives.

PINTERESTGATE/HANSONGATE* BEGINS
*the word "Pinterestgate was kicking around before the post was made, then at the time it was posted it has already been titled Hansongate because although Zac is by far the instigator here, all three have a responsibility in this.

June 6: Zac's social media accounts including a YouTube channel, a Pinterest board, a Twitter account, a Facebook account, a website, and a private Instagram all named "ITIAirsoft" or sometimes "Commanding Officer" begin circulating among fans. Rumors are that someone close to Zac is the one who leaked it.

It's clear that the original purpose of these accounts was to manage the Airsoft team of the same name that Zac assembled; however, as the team apparently seemed to get less active (last posts were ca 2015) Zac instead used the Pinterest account specifically to build his meme and propaganda collection. Screenshots show some memes depicting US Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, commonly known as AOC which suggests that this account was still recently active (she was elected 2018).

The Pinterest board has been particularly damaging as it was full of rightwing propaganda. Including but not limited to racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, and islamophobia. Worse still, several of the Pins included commentary from Zac (user "ITIAirsoft/Commanding Officer") that reaffirm his stance on the media he shared. One of the worst things was a pin supporting George Zimmerman, the man who murdered Trayvon Martin, a black teenager. At this time it was only rumored that the account belonged to Zac, but there was enough evidence that many fans believed it was his.

This was the day r/posthanson subreddit was created.

June 7: Boycotting. Fans begin to gather at this subreddit and many take action. Requesting membership renewals, donating to BLM adjacent charities in the band's name, selling their merch, canceling orders, etc. We're all at different levels here, some have denounced Hanson entirely, others are still waiting to see what happens. The main sentiment on this subreddit is heartbreak, disappointment, betrayal. This is NOT a group of fans out to celebrate Hanson's demise, but people who are genuinely saddened at their behavior.

JUNE 8: On the afternoon of June 8, the Hanson Instagram posted a single image, with comments turned off, affirming Black lives matter: "We believe any form of racism is an injustice, and injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. There is no question we believe that black lives matter."

While there was a moment of joy and relief from the fans, many of us following the Hansongate story were also suspicious and did not feel it was enough. They receive many critical responses on Twitter but a lot of supportive responses on FB. At this point, much of the fanbase doesn't even know about Zac's Pinterest.

Within 2 hours, Zac confirmed on Instagram via comments from a post on May 26 that he was ITIAirsoft and defended everything he posted that was questioned.

His wife, KATE, then released a statement on Instagram.

June 9: Kate disabled comments on her post. Screenshots circulate that ZAC is corresponding with fans via PM on hnet and expresses sadness about the situation but does not indicate he feels any remorse towards others; only himself. SCREENSHOTS 1 & 2

June 10: Business seems to have resumed as normal at 3CG; a newsletter was dispatched in the evening celebrating the 10-year anniversary of Shout it Out with no acknowledgment of the current situation. By now, many Facebook fan groups have closed membership or archived temporarily.

On the evening of June 10, Lisa Niemann, wife of known Hanson associate Trevor, released a statement on facebook.

Unconfirmed reports of fans being blocked from the Twitter and Instagram accounts of ZAC, KATE, and the band have begun circulating and at least one instance of a fan having their Hnet account deleted without warning.

June 11: r/posthanson posts an open letter requesting an apology/acknowledgement from the band.

So far, hnet CBIB and HTP remains up to date but there is no official word from the band.

JUNE 12 - 14: still no word from the band; all social media remains silent; more discussion continues amongst fans on all sides of the issue.

June 15: HBBC (Beer company) updates twitter with a photo that appears to be taken and posted by Taylor. CBIBs continue to be posted - fans have started to notice that all recent CBIBs are from the same day and that Zac is clearly absent from them.

June 16 - 18: very few posts aside from some activity on from the beer company.

Juneteenth (June 19): All 3 make individual posts.

Taylor's is regarded as overall a positive
Isaac reposted content to his story (discussion here).
Zac's post is best discussed at the link, as he began blocking fans and deleting comments:
June 20-21: Zac continues blocking fans that bring up Pinterestgate in any way, or even express anything less than positive without any response. On June 21, someone asks him why he is blocking people, and his response (and remaining fallout) is best viewed here.

POSTGATE - PRESENT
By and large, the summer remained fairly uneventful. ITZ has mostly laid low.

July 18: A drafted but unpublished blog entry written by ZAC is found on Hnet. It's unclear how users found it but it was never officially posted as a blog entry or event on the website and was a draft. It was originally dated for June 26. Once it is discovered, it's promptly removed. Click here to read the discussion. The STICKIED comment on that post contains the screenshot.

While there is some measure of accountability taken in its text, ZAC still centers the conversation around himself. In the end, the post was never officially released, was exclusive to fanclub members, and has also been removed so it is considered a nonstarter.

July 22: TAYLOR hosts a panel for the MusiCares foundation. Some users tuned in to watch the stream and provided commentary on TAYLOR'S interaction with the panelists as race, white supremacy, and police brutality were discussed. Reactions were mixed but overall less-than-impressed. Click here to read the discussion.

CCC: September 1 - 8 ITZ announces a residency for fall and winter at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa and sell tickets for in-person events in addition to livestream tickets. This is viewed as highly irresponsible and selfish, which is discussed at more length at the following posts.

September 1 announcement and discussion
Presale event on September 8
Cain's Covid Catastophe Discussion #1 (October 9 - 11)
Cain's Covid Catastrophe Discussion #2 (November 5 - 7)
Cain's Covid Catastrophe Discussion #3 (December 4 - 6) Taylor mentions “Hansongate” verbatim during the December 6 nightcap. Please see the heading below for more information.
Cain's Covid Catastrophe Discussion #4 (January 8 – 10, 2021)
November 1: ISAAC posts the following on his Instagram stories:

“At some point very soon Christians and Church’s [sic] (and for that matter anyone of any faith) is going to have to decide, is [sic] your faith is more important than your fear. We are quickly approaching Christmas and it too will be canceled (by our governments), just like Easter was and Thanksgiving is being suggested to be. I for one will not comply. I fear God more that [sic] I fear death and far more than I fear my government!!!”
Screenshot and discussion hereBecause fans can't publicly comment on Instagram stories, they take to his most recent post about a Theodore Roosevelt book to publicly share their disappointment.

November 2: ISAAC shares another Instagram story attempting to clarify the first one, stating among other things “as this pandemic persists, what is your line with COVID/Lockdowns?”. Screenshot and discussion here.

Later this day, Radio.com announces an upcoming interview with the band, asking fans to submit their questions. Many fans responded by submitting questions about Isaac's views on COVID, as well as questions about the band's actions in relation to BLM. Comments on this post (Instagram).

November 4: Queerty picks up the Isaac story. Discussion and article link here. The story is also eventually picked up by MSN, Perez Hilton, and the Mirror.

November 5: ISAAC is a no-show at the Radio.com interview. Nothing about Isaac's stories or views was asked during the interview, however, at least one somewhat critical fan question was answered, in relation to the ‘hold on to the ones who really care’ line from Mmmbop:

“Speaking hypothetically, would the guys consider that person to be one who loves you unconditionally, or one who challenges you to be a better person?
While Taylor feels those two people, hopefully, can be one and the same, as for Zac, he always felt that line represented the “people that you have identified in your life that care for you,” he says. “It’s about you searching your own thoughts and saying, ‘who are the people who are really taking care of me, who are really giving into my life, and I need to do that back to them.”
Discussion here.

November 6: ISAAC turns off and hides all Instagram comments, then deletes and reposts the Roosevelt book post, also with comments disabled.

November 5-7: Cain’s in-person and livestream events continue as the pandemic continues.

An E! Online article covers the release of Perennial and skims over mentioning the in-person aspect of the shows. The band makes no mention of Isaac’s recent controversy, nor of the contentious US election ongoing at the time.

HANSONGATE MEDIA EXPOSURE
November 10: VICE breaks an investigative story about Hansongate including interviews from the r/posthanson moderators and Black fans. The article includes the following statements from the band, which have been panned by fans as weak:

BAND

In an emailed statement to VICE, the band wrote, "We are so grateful to our incredible and diverse community of fans for their continued support and powerful connection with our music. We are proud to have people of so many different backgrounds as a part of the community who consider themselves Hanson fans."
ZAC

In an emailed statement to VICE, Zac wrote, "The leaked Pinterest page provided a distorted view of the issues surrounding race and social justice, which do not reflect my personal beliefs. I apologize for the hurt my actions caused."
ISAAC

"What I shared was driven by an emotional reaction to a recent personal experience," Isaac wrote in an emailed statement to VICE. "I’m sorry for the pain and worry that my posts caused. I don’t believe there is a group conspiring against Christmas, only that I hope value is placed on both practices of safety and of faith."
Since its publication, the story has been picked up by NME, Vulture, Stereogum, InsideHook, Pedestiran.TV, and PinkNews. Some are deliberately spun incorrectly by stating it's about politics, and others have the right idea but are abridged or inaccurate. Other stories and reactions have been discussed at the podcast Who? Weekly November 23, 2020 episode and The Phase.

November 20: Taylor posts a solo performance of the Tinted Windows song “Take Me Back” to his IGTV. It’s officially a tribute to the late Adam Schlesinger, but the discussion around it left some fans wondering if it did not have an incidental double-meaning.

TAYLOR BREAKS SILENCE
December 6: During Hanson.net Nightcap following the final Cain’s performance, TAYLOR mentioned the Hansongate controversy by name but said nothing about it one way or another. Response from fans is mixed: some are relieved it has finally been officially acknowledged and others feel it is mere lipservice.

December 17: In tandem with the birth announcement of daughter Maybellene Alma Joy, TAYLOR posts another solo performance to Instagram; this time, for a new song “Sound like Joy.” He uses the platform to raise awareness and call to support the restoration of the Vernon AME Church in Tulsa, “the only standing structure from the Historic Black Wall Street and the only edifice that remains from the worst race massacre in American history.” This is overall viewed as a positive of the Black-affirming action fans have asked to see.

December 30: TAYLOR officially breaks his silence and makes a longer statement about Hansongate in an interview with Lyndsey Parker on SiriusXM VolumeWest. He talks about how he understands why their inaction was perceived as “less compassionate,” and explains more from their position but carefully avoids discussing ZAC and ISAAC’s actions which results in many parts of the conversation that fans need to hear being excluded. Discussion and transcript are found here.
Click to shrink...
Well, there's the basics of the story. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. But in a few weeks when Hanson is lauded on the Masked Singer stage I hope you give pause before you go out and buy any albums.

I find this whole thing really sad. Half of the fan base is like my sister, devoted to them for decades, getting many tattoos, travelling internationally for concerts and making many friends in their small but close knit community. Now all of those good times are tainted and friend has turned against friend all because the brothers are shit heads.

TL;DR - Hanson is on the masked singer (yet to be revealed). This past year a secret pinterest board of one of the members (Zac) was leaked, filled with vile memes denigrating basically anyone who isn't a cis-gendered, straight, white male. His brothers/bandmates really dragged their feet in outright condemning him and the band as a whole is trying to push it all under the rug. On top of that, they seem to be Covid deniers.

Holy Fuck
 :titus :titus :titus :titus :titus :titus

You've really got to be mentally ill to write all that shit about anybody...but you need to be particularly distinguished to write that much about fucking Hanson in 2021.
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39406 on: March 14, 2021, 12:33:18 AM »
And then you read the TLDR and it's just about one of them liking some dumb memes?

samir

« Reply #39407 on: March 14, 2021, 01:04:38 AM »
That word salad can be summed up by (probably, I didn't read it)

benjipwns

« Reply #39408 on: March 14, 2021, 01:09:37 AM »
It's sounds like the OP visits the Hanson forums.  I just pray he's younger than the members of Hanson.
Well, based on ResetERA.com's demographics...

Pissy F Benny

(ice)

BadAss2961

« Reply #39410 on: March 14, 2021, 03:05:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-long-until-donald-trump-shows-up-on-joe-rogan.393661/
We don't platform Joe Rogan, and we don't need any threads on Trump that aren't based on major news. As such, thread is locked.
Heh, since when did they officially cancel Rogan?

It's funny, Rogan shoots the shit on his podcast which results in the occasional dumb or mildly offensive statement, but ERA pretty much treats him along the lines of an Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Ben Shapiro or some shit. Like Bill Maher, their biggest problem with him seems to be that he's willing to have just about anyone his show. 'Platforming' them, which is 'problematic.'

I don't know how they live their lives in this concrete bubble they're building.

ShutUp

« Reply #39411 on: March 14, 2021, 03:12:56 AM »
These REEEE word salads

Snoopycat_

« Reply #39412 on: March 14, 2021, 06:07:02 AM »
Today the bots of Ree fail to understand a basic joke and actually think Steve Carell is a Trump supporter

Kind of random, but is Steve Carell still pro-trump? I was just watching a roundtable about the Big Short and Adam McKay says:

"Uh, well, Steve Carell [who plays investor Steve Eisman] loves Trump, so I don't want to cross any lines here. I don't want to get him upset."

Carell then says:

"I've made no bones about that"

I guess I was kinda shocked?

Wow...the more you know

Noooooooooooo

i wish i didn't enter this thread

Looks like it's about 16:30 or so. But yeah, tough to tell if it's a goof or not :/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/matthew-mcconaughey-is-considering-texas-governor-run.393565/page-2#post-60731647

paprikastaude

« Reply #39413 on: March 14, 2021, 07:40:57 AM »

I hope so Marvel deserves it for the art they make compared to that unoriginal nyquil commercial adaptation

Never forget. At heart, all of those crazy resetti hate campaigns, "I'm so tired" suicide talk, unrelenting cancel attempts, never ending paranoia and anger all root from simple fanboyism for bland ass children's products. Imagine writing this above the age of 15.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #39414 on: March 14, 2021, 07:43:44 AM »
:avatar
Margs

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #39415 on: March 14, 2021, 07:51:22 AM »
I wish I could lose my burden of middling intelligence and high self respect so I could enjoy cape shit like the average ree :derp
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39416 on: March 14, 2021, 07:56:26 AM »
There's nothing wrong with enjoying it, even being a fan is ok.

The problem is when you get obsessed by it and it starts to define your personality and you get personally offended when someone says they don't like something and then go on a cancel crusade and start labelling anyone who doesn't like the same stuff a Nazi...oh, sorry, this isn't about The Last Jedi, is it?
Spud

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #39417 on: March 14, 2021, 07:56:50 AM »
Suggesting that the dude who made Terminator, T2, and Aliens is some kind of hack is making me :rage
Oi Oi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39418 on: March 14, 2021, 08:01:40 AM »

Never forget. At heart, all of those crazy resetti hate campaigns, "I'm so tired" suicide talk, unrelenting cancel attempts, never ending paranoia and anger all root from simple fanboyism for bland ass children's products. Imagine writing this above the age of 15.
Consumer cults are the new opera plays in the revolution.

This can only end one way

Except the signs will read: "I read Harry Potter" and "I didn't watch Black Panther"
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39419 on: March 14, 2021, 08:16:52 AM »
there's no such thing as cancel culture, but even if there is, its not 'targetting conservatives', and its not just randomly finding anyone in particular some rando has a beef with then signal boosting into a mob, its only people with an active and meaningful platform who are pushing hateful agendas finding deserved pushback.

Also, we interent detectived the fuck out of some dude from Hanson because he didn't put BLM on his social media, and found his anonymous pinterest with memes, so LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO