Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3137314 times)

Snoopycat_

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #39540 on: March 16, 2021, 05:52:11 AM »
Not sure what the difference is between the mental health thread and the rest of the forum

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39541 on: March 16, 2021, 06:04:29 AM »
Not sure what the difference is between the mental health thread and the rest of the forum

self awareness

Snoopycat_

« Reply #39542 on: March 16, 2021, 06:08:20 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39543 on: March 16, 2021, 06:14:17 AM »
 :rodney

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39544 on: March 16, 2021, 06:19:46 AM »
lol, why is the issue different in their culture? the japanese treat their indigenous minorities like shit just like western nations, avoid teaching history in their schools that includes atrocities they committed against their neighbours in ww2 and continue to be pretty weird about any representation beyond mono ethnic norms

This post would make more sense if the original question was "why isn't there more korean representation in smash"?
but it wasn't.

When you buy a japanese product, that's what you get. And if you want to talk about representation you should probably do it from a japanese point of view, and it should PROBABLY not be done with the usual imperialistic 'murican cultural lense.

It just makes sense that 'murica has got its shit together so well that they can start lecturing other countries on catching up, and focussing on the important stuff, like making Godzilla trans.

SmokyDave

« Reply #39545 on: March 16, 2021, 06:53:53 AM »
Fuck Tucker Carlson. Not exactly that equiparable.
Fuck yeah, great word. 3 likes for you.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #39546 on: March 16, 2021, 11:41:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-many-unforced-errors-of-the-harry-potter-movies.394771/

Look at these fucking Nazis calmly talking about a children’s movie series about wizards on today of all days  :social
Margs

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #39547 on: March 16, 2021, 12:03:43 PM »
Really sus at all the otherwise claimed to be progressive posters (especially "allies" like Red Mercury) in that thread knowing so much about the Harry Potter lore, books, etc. Very much side-eying the lot of them right now.

benjipwns

« Reply #39548 on: March 16, 2021, 12:15:02 PM »
User Banned (3 Days): Dismissing Concerns Around Rampant Ableism

Lol, some people here have never been on wsb and it shows. The subreddit is known for such nefarious actions as ... donating Switches to children's hospitals, and helping to save someone's dog's life.

This place is insufferable sometimes.
:huh

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39549 on: March 16, 2021, 12:23:22 PM »
User Banned (3 Days): Dismissing Concerns Around Rampant Ableism

Lol, some people here have never been on wsb and it shows. The subreddit is known for such nefarious actions as ... donating Switches to children's hospitals, and helping to save someone's dog's life.

This place is insufferable sometimes.
:huh

Afaik do they like to call themselves distinguished mentally-challenged fellow on WSB, so I guess that's where the dismissing of concerns of ableism comes from? But no one in the thread was even talking about that.

Fair. Maybe it was a bad idea to get on ERA before having any coffee today. I'll bow out and hopefully return in a better mood.

RE mods:  :aweshum

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #39550 on: March 16, 2021, 12:33:39 PM »
for all the talk on ree about how great people they are how often do they actually do anything for anyone as a site (charities etc) :thinking

spoiler (click to show/hide)
genuine question i only read it via choice quotes here and the occasional browse of a salty review thread
[close]
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #39551 on: March 16, 2021, 12:46:44 PM »

:comeon

benjipwns

« Reply #39552 on: March 16, 2021, 12:49:34 PM »
for all the talk on ree about how great people they are how often do they actually do anything for anyone as a site (charities etc) :thinking

genuine question i only read it via choice quotes here and the occasional browse of a salty review thread
[close]
No, and can you believe they don't even pay the moderators either?

That reminds me of my favorite thread from the early days: https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-revenue-should-go-back-to-the-community-and-gaming-charity-causes.826/

Boredfrom

« Reply #39553 on: March 16, 2021, 12:53:27 PM »
Fuck Tucker Carlson. Not exactly that equiparable.
Fuck yeah, great word. 3 likes for you.

I’m sorry.  :uguu

I'm die. Thank you forever.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #39554 on: March 16, 2021, 01:01:34 PM »

[close]
No, and can you believe they don't even pay the moderators either?

That reminds me of my favorite thread from the early days: https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-revenue-should-go-back-to-the-community-and-gaming-charity-causes.826/

:titus
(ice)

Boredfrom

« Reply #39555 on: March 16, 2021, 01:04:27 PM »
When they are going to remove FernandoRocker thread making privileges?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-i-sold-most-of-my-switch-physical-games-because-i-wanted-to-go-digital-i-now-regret-it-and-have-been-rebuying-them.332363/page-5

So, small update.

In Black Friday, I repurchased a lot of games. I immediately got buyer's remorse, and I was able to sold the games (for a small profit!). But now I have a new plan...

How does this sound? Keep buying digital games, but going to GameStop and using eBay and Facebook Marketplace to purchase empty boxes with artwork? That way I could have the superior digital format, but a physical box to display on my shelf.

Sounds like a plan?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39556 on: March 16, 2021, 01:43:16 PM »
How's that looking at the world from a non-US perspective going, era?

17.7 percent of the population does not equal underrated

:teehee

Jansen

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 03:23:17 PM by Jansen »

« Reply #39559 on: March 16, 2021, 03:23:42 PM »
Kyuuji still butthurt about transphobic comedians bill bull and Dave chappelle:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/james-acaster-on-certain-challenging-comedians.394813/

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #39562 on: March 16, 2021, 03:30:11 PM »
When they are going to remove FernandoRocker thread making privileges?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-i-sold-most-of-my-switch-physical-games-because-i-wanted-to-go-digital-i-now-regret-it-and-have-been-rebuying-them.332363/page-5

So, small update.

In Black Friday, I repurchased a lot of games. I immediately got buyer's remorse, and I was able to sold the games (for a small profit!). But now I have a new plan...

How does this sound? Keep buying digital games, but going to GameStop and using eBay and Facebook Marketplace to purchase empty boxes with artwork? That way I could have the superior digital format, but a physical box to display on my shelf.

Sounds like a plan?

fernando has found the balance of trolling for era that blamespace(RIP) had on gaf.

it's funny seeing newblamespace jump into everythread trying to replicate

Snoopycat_

« Reply #39563 on: March 16, 2021, 04:04:39 PM »
It’s nice that Kyuji has finally found a “comedian.” Maybe by watching the audience she’ll learn how to mimic simple human behaviour like laughter.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39564 on: March 16, 2021, 04:21:03 PM »
If you'd studied professional comedy for over a decade, you'd realise that bits actually hilarious, because of the 'rule of three', where you say the same thing three times and it becomes funny :snob

...but despite naming the target of that bit, he makes the same mistake other people do when they draw the line at comedy when it affects them - Ricky Gervais isn't a hack comic, nor is Bill burr or Dave Chapelle, or any of the other comedians you might have heard of, so attributing hack bits like "ATTACK HELCOPTER HURR DURR" to them is like attributing "WHITE MEN DRIVE LIKE BUT BLACK MEN DRIVE LIKE THIS" hack shit to people like Chris Rock or Patrice O'Neill.
If you don't like hack shit, that's fair enough, but don't pretend the people doing hack shit are the famous comedians you want to take a pop at.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #39566 on: March 16, 2021, 04:34:42 PM »
Banshee McSpook returned from banland to post this in the Constructive Discussion thread:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/constructive-community-discussion.270630/post-60859507
This will be my last post on era I will no longer be on era I have requested my account to be deleted and if this is not done I will also ensure that I will no longer be around by giving my account to a close friend to hold to. I apologize for my statement prior I was not attempting to generalize or hurt anyone with my statements and i respect the decision to ban me for those comments. However to protect my mental health I do not need to be on the forums period. I respect everyone here and only wish for era to succeed in the future good luck everyone and please carry on the torch of good will for me. I believe in you.

With love
-banshee

And the account is now nuked; let the watching for the next account begin, I guess.

That's disappointing. I was a fan.
OBE

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39568 on: March 16, 2021, 04:50:49 PM »
The sketch: "Transphobic comedians are pretty shitty"
Enlightened poster: "I actually like their stuff"

poster on a forum: here's someone else saying something I now hold as my own belief and offer nothing more than uncritical endorsement
other poster on forum: I have a differing opinion, or an alternative viewpoint that might serve as the basis for discussion

:rage

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #39569 on: March 16, 2021, 05:02:36 PM »
whats the deal with potatoe always spudding with everyone?

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #39571 on: March 16, 2021, 05:11:19 PM »
Queensland

samir

« Reply #39572 on: March 16, 2021, 05:15:02 PM »
Bogan, innit?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #39573 on: March 16, 2021, 05:17:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mcconnell-on-getting-rid-of-filibuster-we-wouldn’t-just-erase-every-liberal-change-that-hurt-the-country-we’d-strengthen-us-w-conservative-policies.394897/#post-60893590

Quote from: Stooge, post: 60893590, member: 24160
You fucking got rid of it and stole a Supreme Court seat.  Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up you turtle ass mother fucker.

The *only* thing keeping that party afloat is a 5 point EC lean, a 7 point Senate lean and a 3-4 point House lean due to undemocratic bullshit.   Keep it up fascist supporting fucker. and you'll find out.

:insane :badass :insane
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39574 on: March 16, 2021, 05:21:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-share-your-true-opinions-online.395122/

This threads currently at Stage 2: "On this forum? fuck no, I'd get dogpiled then banned".

Just awaiting one of the Moderators Little Helpers to arrive and escalate to Stage 3: "What exactly can't you say or you would get banned, hhmmmmmm?", before the inevitable Stage 4: Mass Bans, and then Stage 5: Productivity check lock

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39575 on: March 16, 2021, 05:27:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sharon-osbourne-would-call-julie-chan-wonton-and-other-slurs-as-well-as-sarah-gilbert-lesbian-fish-eater.395074/

ITT: wow, it seems unlikely that someone could shit talk the CEO of CBS wife and the producer of the show to their face and get away with it, but a bluetick said it so must be true!

Cauliflower Of Love

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #39577 on: March 16, 2021, 05:56:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/2k-games-acquires-hb-studios-multimedia-pga-tour-2k21-and-signs-a-long-term-deal-with-tiger-woods.394753/#post-60878923

:neogaf

That's a pretty good joke though

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2k-games-acquires-hb-studios-multimedia-pga-tour-2k21-and-signs-a-long-term-deal-with-tiger-woods.394753/#post-60879829

::)

lol

Why is this post allowed? I mean the man was just in a horrible accident, and people are now allowed to post tasteless jokes like this? If a joke post about LBGTQ was posted, the member would be banned...

You could apply this to everything on that forum lol

why is X allowed? If X about LBGTQ was posted, the member would be banned...

X = criticism
X = anger
X = anything that makes me sad
rub

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39578 on: March 16, 2021, 06:35:45 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:derp

https://www.resetera.com/threads/elon-musk-is-selling-a-song-about-nfts-as-an-nft-highest-bid-is-1-million.395077/

(Image removed from quote.)

imagine saying this about the musk

:derp
The idea that we're killing the planet and we only have 9 years(?) to sort it out is grade A bullshit anyway.
When have those models accurately predicted 'anything'. They can't even tell us tommorow's weather with 100% accuracy.

Yet I am to believe that exactly 9 years from now the climate dies?
And what if countries like Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Brazil, Africa and Russia continue to do nothing as the doomsday clock starts ticking down. Do we bomb them?

What if Nvidia releases even more powerful 600 watt GPU's to keep up with gaming and crypto mining demand. Does that put the timeline at 5 years?
Have they taken into account the popularity of the Nintendo Switch?

Just plant more trees  :idont
🤴

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
OBE

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39581 on: March 16, 2021, 07:22:24 PM »
Queensland

Bogan, innit?

I'm in Townsville for work today. I think the North Queenslanders are rubbing off on me.
Spud

FUME5

« Reply #39582 on: March 16, 2021, 08:05:02 PM »
Banshee McAlt will be back with a new alt soon.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39583 on: March 16, 2021, 09:39:55 PM »
Queensland

Bogan, innit?

I'm in Townsville for work today. I think the North Queenslanders are rubbing off on me.

Wow and didn't even tell me

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39584 on: March 16, 2021, 09:45:53 PM »
Queensland

Bogan, innit?

Wow and didn't even tell me

Arrived last night, checked-in to hotel, slept, went to meeting and now about to get on plane. Next time.
Spud

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39585 on: March 16, 2021, 09:53:28 PM »
Guess i'll have to give this The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages for Gameboy Colour to someone else

:fbm

BikeJesus

« Reply #39586 on: March 16, 2021, 11:37:27 PM »
Hopefully they'll find MAGA ties with this guy, because Asians are getting radicalized by the alt-right. The recent attacks have all been blamed on other minorities and I see plenty of Asians hate on Biden and democrats because they let black people rampage during the protests. Having Trump ties will hopefully wake up some Asians that these people aren't your friends.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-least-8-people-killed-in-shootings-at-3-atlanta-area-spas-up-suspect-caught.395230/post-60945148

These people are fucked in the head.

remy

« Reply #39587 on: March 16, 2021, 11:50:56 PM »
8 people died! hopefully the media can politicise it in my favour!

FUME5

« Reply #39588 on: March 16, 2021, 11:57:02 PM »
Guess i'll have to give this The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages for Gameboy Colour to someone else

You don't even like people, why are you trying to buy potato friends

Boredfrom

« Reply #39589 on: March 17, 2021, 12:04:37 AM »
Why Era never learns to wait and see? They can do everything they already do but they will just wait a confirmation of the suspect and the motives and not just retweeting random people from twitter that claim have photos or not make themselves look like distinguished mentally-challenged fellows if the motive is other.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39590 on: March 17, 2021, 12:14:11 AM »

You don't even like people, why are you trying to buy potato friends

Townsville
:snore

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39591 on: March 17, 2021, 12:18:13 AM »
Hopefully they'll find MAGA ties with this guy, because Asians are getting radicalized by the alt-right. The recent attacks have all been blamed on other minorities and I see plenty of Asians hate on Biden and democrats because they let black people rampage during the protests. Having Trump ties will hopefully wake up some Asians that these people aren't your friends.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-least-8-people-killed-in-shootings-at-3-atlanta-area-spas-up-suspect-caught.395230/post-60945148

These people are fucked in the head.

Quote from: Royalan
Fucking horrific.

And it sucks that we have to stand around and do the due diligence of determining the motive, when it's quite clear to folks who have been paying attention exactly what motivated this.

yeah fuck due process, we can just go with our guts based on surface level analysis and what we really really want to be true in order to serve political goals when 8 people are murdered

this is ghoulish
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39592 on: March 17, 2021, 12:24:20 AM »
It worked when they caught the white supremacists that put a noose around Juicy Smoiliet's neck.
Spud

remy

« Reply #39593 on: March 17, 2021, 12:38:06 AM »
Honestly when the rub and tug parlors are no longer a safe haven, what place in america is left?  :doge The last sanctuary has fallen

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #39594 on: March 17, 2021, 01:21:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/adult-dependents-who-are-struggling-to-get-1400-stimulus-check-money-from-their-parents.395155/

If your parents are supporting you they should get the money.

Wait so adult dependents are in the same categories whether you're dependent because of an illness or handicap and if you're just staying home to save money?

Alot of people saying "Yea " to this

Wow.....

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #39595 on: March 17, 2021, 03:57:31 AM »
The double standard for white murderers, rapists, and terrorists getting kids’ gloves while everyone else is demeaned, abused, or killed needs to fucking stop.
Shite people like this know that afterward they’ll gently be taken in by sympathetic cops. We are well beyond enough at this point.

Yep, that guy is on easy street.  It's a wonder more white people don't go on shooting sprees just for all the benefits.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/adult-dependents-who-are-struggling-to-get-1400-stimulus-check-money-from-their-parents.395155/

If your parents are supporting you they should get the money.

Wait so adult dependents are in the same categories whether you're dependent because of an illness or handicap and if you're just staying home to save money?

Alot of people saying "Yea " to this

Wow.....

They should just shoot up a Taco Bell.  Then they would be living the high life.
sigh

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39596 on: March 17, 2021, 04:55:29 AM »
"while you are right that Nintendo needs to create more Black characters"

Why.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-anti-blackness-of-super-smash-bros-ultimate.394207/page-19

"The ANTI BLACKNESS OF SMASH"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
What

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #39597 on: March 17, 2021, 05:41:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/x-men-glow-up-for-marvels-version-of-the-met-gala.395035/

In this thread, objectifying costumes will be just fine and dandy.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39598 on: March 17, 2021, 06:35:37 AM »
Kyuuji still butthurt about transphobic comedians bill bull and Dave chappelle:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/james-acaster-on-certain-challenging-comedians.394813/

Having just watched two Bill Burr comedy sets last weekend, I dont find this James Acaster dude funny at all. Well based on this small clip anyway.

What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39599 on: March 17, 2021, 07:35:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fox-news-again-obsessing-over-wap-as-cardi-b-annihilates-candace-owens-about-it-on-twitter.395242/

Quote from: MrSaturn99
This is the Shakira/Jennifer Lopez pole-dance thing all over again. I'd forgotten they already screeched about Cardi/this song last year, too.

Quote from: Daphne
If there's one thing that cuts right to the heart of the conservative bullshit, it's a woman owning her sexuality and doing what she wants, and being damn successful doing it; super especially a PoC.

Cardi B is amazing.

From last year:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/page-333#post-28782644
Quote from: Minsc, post: 28782644, member: 22529
You know how everyone likes to laugh (or be disgusted) at Xenoblade 2 character design?  Hope you didn't watch the superbowl half time show, this could almost be DLC for the game.  Everything has to keep getting racier and racier I guess (don't forget the twerk off).   At least she has human proportions I suppose, unlike Xenoblade 2.

I think it certainly doesn't help the situation imo when one of the most watched television shows does something like that.  I'm sure people look at that and use it as a bar in some way as what's acceptable.  But it's not just the superbowl, you see that kind of in a lot of prime time media, especially anything to do with modern concerts.

:spiders

ど助平