Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3206076 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #49020 on: August 30, 2021, 05:30:41 AM »
tbf the new :yeshrug is pretty decent after a rough last few albums, albeit a little too jesusy for my tastes
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #49021 on: August 30, 2021, 05:31:40 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
we really need a fedora tip emote :stahp
[close]
(ice)

Propagandhim

« Reply #49022 on: August 30, 2021, 07:01:32 AM »

One month  :lol

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #49023 on: August 30, 2021, 08:01:59 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

One month  :lol
Look, that comment probably drove multiple minorities and women off the site and definitely actually killed at least one trans person. Stop your dismissive commentary and just sit down, shut up, and listen.
Spud

ShutUp

« Reply #49024 on: August 30, 2021, 09:40:18 AM »
And the post they were replying to would make Stormfront blush with the amount of racism on display. Jesus. It’s too bad Cerium or whoever actually runs the joint now just doesn’t seem to care how Reverse Stormfront the site has become.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #49025 on: August 30, 2021, 10:01:37 AM »
cerium is counting those sweet ad dolla dolla bills (he must make enough profit to have not pulled the plug or sold it) and not giving a fuck about the site :money

I'm kinda curious to see what it will take for him to step in and lay down the law at this point :nothot
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #49026 on: August 30, 2021, 10:12:05 AM »
cerium is counting those sweet ad dolla dolla bills (he must make enough profit to have not pulled the plug or sold it) and not giving a fuck about the site :money

I'm kinda curious to see what it will take for him to step in and lay down the law at this point :nothot

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #49027 on: August 30, 2021, 10:46:20 AM »
Very sad if the King estate was on board. I assumed no black people were consulted at all

Black people are not a monolith??? Whaaaa???

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #49028 on: August 30, 2021, 12:22:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/turns-out-tencent-holds-30-00-of-larian-studios-divinity-original-sin-baldurs-gate-iii-was-this-ever-reported.478758/

Someone posts a totally objective investigation that shows that Tencent owns 30% of a fairly well known western rpg dev. Nothing inflammatory at all, just some straight-up facts reporting that may be of interest to those into the more business-side of things or for wrpg fans or whatever.

And then gets a 1 month ban for Sinophobia...

Larian Studios, the developers of the Divinity series and Baldur's Gate III, is known as one of the biggest independent game development studios in Europe. It's not part of a bigger publishing structure or publicly traded company.

In the last couple of years, very hungry caterpillars like Tencent, Embracer, and Keywords have been gobbling up companies everywhere. While I was under the impression that Larian was still wholly owned by its founders and some early investors, a friend of mine and I did some research into the company and we found out that Tencent actually holds 30% of the shares of the company. As far as I knew or could find online, the acquisition of a minority stake in Larian Studios by Tencent was never publicised or reported on (but maybe I missed it?).

While we don't know exactly when the acquisition happened, there are signs it may have been around September 2018, when the company was restructured from a legal perspective and a holding company in Ireland was established (this correlation is just a guess of ours though). In the financial filings we found of that holding company for 2019, the following shareholders are listed: 62.04% by Swen Vincke (the founder and CEO), 30.00% by Tencent Cloud Europe BV (a Dutch letter box company wholly owned by Tencent), and 7.96% by Swen's wife.

So yeah, Tencent owns part of Larian Studios. I thought this was newsworthy. Sell my company if old.

A followup post:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/turns-out-tencent-holds-30-00-of-larian-studios-divinity-original-sin-baldurs-gate-iii-was-this-ever-reported.478758/#post-72282186
love starting my day with some Sinophobia on my favorite progressive and inclusive videogame forum ResetEra

And then the moderator steps in and closes the thread with the classic "Thread has been locked while we review a number of reports. This may take an extended period of time. Should we decide to reopen this thread or give any other updates this post will be edited with the additional information. Thank you for your patience."
^_^

BikeJesus

« Reply #49030 on: August 30, 2021, 12:46:17 PM »
lol B-Chud is currently 'on break'.

Boredfrom

« Reply #49031 on: August 30, 2021, 12:48:52 PM »
Pretty sure Rec Lib is a troll:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/page-178#post-72340873

Reset Era is a boys locker room, and very little is done to curb that behavior. When we complain about that kind of thread usually one of the mods who posts in this thread will say like... "report the posts you think are out of line", but that doesn't really work as a solution. The problem is deeper than individual posts. Its the entire fucking culture of the forum, and that isn't fixed even if the people just being openly horny got some slap on the wrist time out.

All because Jack O challenge.

Propagandhim

« Reply #49032 on: August 30, 2021, 12:58:32 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/page-178#post-72340873

Reset Era is a boys locker room, and very little is done to curb that behavior. When we complain about that kind of thread usually one of the mods who posts in this thread will say like... "report the posts you think are out of line", but that doesn't really work as a solution. The problem is deeper than individual posts. Its the entire fucking culture of the forum, and that isn't fixed even if the people just being openly horny got some slap on the wrist time out.

No, a boys locker room would discuss actual women, not cartoons.  This is definitely a Resetera locker room - you can tell because of the Ree'ing over fucking cartoons.   

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #49033 on: August 30, 2021, 01:05:39 PM »

A thread that was made by someone female and the most lewd stuff was also from female members... Of course they now reported it enough to get it closed. Totally not puritans though

Boredfrom

« Reply #49034 on: August 30, 2021, 01:17:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-nbc-news-reporter-accosted-during-live-coverage-of-hurricane-ida.479194/#post-72342712

Like, you guys could actually wait if it was actually a racist nutcase or just a Trumptard. “White people need to be assholes” screech is getting old.

Of course there's white people in the comments all "maybe he was asking for help they should have let him speak"

Who the fuck cares?

Propagandhim

« Reply #49035 on: August 30, 2021, 01:29:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-nbc-news-reporter-accosted-during-live-coverage-of-hurricane-ida.479194/#post-72342712

Like, you guys could actually wait if it was actually a racist nutcase or just a Trumptard. “White people need to be assholes” screech is getting old.

Of course there's white people in the comments all "maybe he was asking for help they should have let him speak"

Who the fuck cares?

After the past week, probably a little bold to say this, Rusty.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49036 on: August 30, 2021, 01:32:42 PM »

"very little is done to curb that behavior"

:neogaf

the constant bans for the slightest hint of boys club rhetoric type stuff is half the reason people mock the site

"very little is done" though
 :shaqc
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #49037 on: August 30, 2021, 01:37:35 PM »

"very little is done to curb that behavior"

:neogaf

the constant bans for the slightest hint of boys club rhetoric type stuff is half the reason people mock the site

"very little is done" though
 :shaqc

It's always appreciated to see that even the people who turn RE into such a toxic garbage dumb hate on Resetera as well

Boredfrom

« Reply #49038 on: August 30, 2021, 01:37:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/daniella-pineda-faye-in-upcoming-cowboy-bebop-adaptation-addresses-fan-criticism-of-her-casting-and-costume-design.478668/page-5

Morrigan encourages posers.

Yes, the fact the main actress whole burn of  “take that men” depends of she actually knowing the actual height of the original character makes me feel the adaptation is going to be shit and made by people that don’t care. And yes, that is fucking terrible.

It’s still weird to me that she wouldn’t know that she’s basically the same height as Faye. I’m getting a lot of the same vibes I caught before the GitS movie came out. Feels like a lot of the cast and production are either only passingly familiar of the original anime or they only became aware of it at the beginning of production. Anyone who watched a significant amount of Bebop would know that Faye isn’t 6 ft tall and the fact that she didn’t point that out just increases my concern about this from a production angle. 

How is this take terrible enough to deserve  mockery? We are talking about professional actors not fucking cosplayers, Morrigan.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 01:44:05 PM by Boredfrom »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #49039 on: August 30, 2021, 01:50:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/daniella-pineda-faye-in-upcoming-cowboy-bebop-adaptation-addresses-fan-criticism-of-her-casting-and-costume-design.478668/page-5

Morrigan encourages posers.

Yes, the fact the main actress whole burn of  “take that men” depends of she actually knowing the actual height of the original character makes me feel the adaptation is going to be shit and made by people that don’t care. And yes, that is fucking terrible.

It’s still weird to me that she wouldn’t know that she’s basically the same height as Faye. I’m getting a lot of the same vibes I caught before the GitS movie came out. Feels like a lot of the cast and production are either only passingly familiar of the original anime or they only became aware of it at the beginning of production. Anyone who watched a significant amount of Bebop would know that Faye isn’t 6 ft tall and the fact that she didn’t point that out just increases my concern about this from a production angle. 

How is this take terrible enough to deserve  mockery? We are talking about professional actors not fucking cosplayers, Morrigan.

The actress has straight up disdain for her character in the source material but somehow that's no need for concern

Boredfrom

« Reply #49040 on: August 30, 2021, 01:57:44 PM »
I mean, I would not mind the disdain if the actual result was good. Alas, we still don’t know so people have the right to be worry about it, specially if the main actress pulls “bunch of perverts” card.

This is not a cosplayer going to a fan convention, but a professional actress in a TV adaptation. This shit goes beyond “fake fan” shit takes. I don’t mind she is not a fan, I can be worry of the actual quality of the show if everyone is showing disdain about the source material. Is not a complicated concept to understand.

Averon

« Reply #49041 on: August 30, 2021, 02:00:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/turns-out-tencent-holds-30-00-of-larian-studios-divinity-original-sin-baldurs-gate-iii-was-this-ever-reported.478758/

Someone posts a totally objective investigation that shows that Tencent owns 30% of a fairly well known western rpg dev. Nothing inflammatory at all, just some straight-up facts reporting that may be of interest to those into the more business-side of things or for wrpg fans or whatever.

Larian Studios, the developers of the Divinity series and Baldur's Gate III, is known as one of the biggest independent game development studios in Europe. It's not part of a bigger publishing structure or publicly traded company.

In the last couple of years, very hungry caterpillars like Tencent, Embracer, and Keywords have been gobbling up companies everywhere. While I was under the impression that Larian was still wholly owned by its founders and some early investors, a friend of mine and I did some research into the company and we found out that Tencent actually holds 30% of the shares of the company. As far as I knew or could find online, the acquisition of a minority stake in Larian Studios by Tencent was never publicised or reported on (but maybe I missed it?).

While we don't know exactly when the acquisition happened, there are signs it may have been around September 2018, when the company was restructured from a legal perspective and a holding company in Ireland was established (this correlation is just a guess of ours though). In the financial filings we found of that holding company for 2019, the following shareholders are listed: 62.04% by Swen Vincke (the founder and CEO), 30.00% by Tencent Cloud Europe BV (a Dutch letter box company wholly owned by Tencent), and 7.96% by Swen's wife.

So yeah, Tencent owns part of Larian Studios. I thought this was newsworthy. Sell my company if old.

A followup post:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/turns-out-tencent-holds-30-00-of-larian-studios-divinity-original-sin-baldurs-gate-iii-was-this-ever-reported.478758/#post-72282186
love starting my day with some Sinophobia on my favorite progressive and inclusive videogame forum ResetEra

And then the moderator steps in and closes the thread with the classic "Thread has been locked while we review a number of reports. This may take an extended period of time. Should we decide to reopen this thread or give any other updates this post will be edited with the additional information. Thank you for your patience."

It seems ERA mods don't even bother to investigate whether something a poster said is really racist or not. All it takes is a minority ERA member (or someone claiming to be a minority) to say something is racist to get someone banned. It couldn't possibly be that what was said wasn't racist, or taken out of context, or the person(s) making the complaint being misinformed or needlessly sensitive. I don't know if that is a result of just being lazy mods around sensitive subjects or something more nefarious.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #49042 on: August 30, 2021, 02:06:39 PM »
I'm exhausted and don't have enough spoons to post for all you yts for free, so donate to my Patreon.

Boredfrom

« Reply #49043 on: August 30, 2021, 02:10:12 PM »

A followup post:

It seems ERA mods don't even bother to investigate whether something a poster said is really racist or not. All it takes is a minority ERA member (or someone claiming to be a minority) to say something is racist to get someone banned. It couldn't possibly be that what was said wasn't racist, or taken out of context, or the person(s) making the complaint being misinformed or needlessly sensitive. I don't know if that is a result of just being lazy mods around sensitive subjects or something more nefarious.

This has been the case since Gaf got woke. Pretty sure the mods just encourage other mods to “shut up and listen” unless the minorities goes against other minoritie or if actually gets push back from “non problematic” users. They know Asian RE is getting uppity so they prefer deal with that ad little as possible (perfect for SinoRE to just shit on anything critical of China).

« Reply #49044 on: August 30, 2021, 02:25:34 PM »
they picked an actress for the cowboy bebop show that couldnt fill out the costume so they had to change it LOL

they didnt want to get someone too sexy I guess because places like reeeee hate beautiful women

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49045 on: August 30, 2021, 02:26:12 PM »

Quote from: RecLib
Reset Era is a boys locker room

Top of the page JACK-O CHALLENGE

:nsfw

[close]
[close]
ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #49046 on: August 30, 2021, 02:26:56 PM »
they picked an actress for the cowboy bebop show that couldnt fill out the costume so they had to change it LOL

they didnt want to get someone too sexy I guess because places like reeeee hate beautiful women

Eh... I really don’t care about that.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #49047 on: August 30, 2021, 02:39:40 PM »

A followup post:

I hate to say it, but its the end result of “Believe Women!”

No critical eye is cast, no question allowed, the accusation of nefarious word or behavior amounts to evidence against someone.

I understand how important the movement was to bring down scumbags like Weinstein and such, but the criteria put around it was rife for abuse. Plenty of the Twitterstazi turned their noses up at the mention of slippery slopes, but ERA is quite a clear microcosm of that slope’s bottom. Any accusation, so long as from minority, woman, PoC, etc., is valid on its face. To even question it is to lump yourself with the accused in their eyes.

Which is also why the mods are always aghast or aggressively actioning whenever embarrassed when they get taken in by someone. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Jansen

« Reply #49050 on: August 30, 2021, 02:56:17 PM »
This thread has potential.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-according-to-an-official-cosplay-guide-aloy-has-eyeliner.479242/

"Signed, a woman who has never wore make-up in her life"

You mean the ugly bitter rat face has never tried to do anything to help herself? I'm shocked

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #49052 on: August 30, 2021, 03:04:47 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-according-to-an-official-cosplay-guide-aloy-has-eyeliner.479242/

Ain't the in-game tribe based on viking culture? They wore eyeliner.

They also invaded Britain to free the commoners from the Church. At least, that’s what Uncle Ubie told me.

:gamer

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49053 on: August 30, 2021, 03:04:58 PM »

You mean the ugly bitter rat face has never tried to do anything to help herself? I'm shocked
leave devolution out of this  :)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #49054 on: August 30, 2021, 03:06:31 PM »

Ain't the in-game tribe based on viking culture? They wore eyeliner.

They also invaded Britain to free the commoners from the Church. At least, that’s what Uncle Ubie told me.

:gamer

Eh, it was kind of fitting for Ubisoft to look away from all the rape that was happening.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #49055 on: August 30, 2021, 03:19:00 PM »

I guarantee you that she's actually mad that Aloy has eyeliner but the OP was too bad of a starting point

The patriarchy  :rage

Edit: fortunately there's Persephone

that aloy eyeliner thread with dudes coming into gotcha the OP with how makeup has existed forever completely glossing over the whole question of WHY DOES ALOY NEED TO WEAR EYELINER...... *sniffles* you are all so stupid

You lovely idiot
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 03:29:52 PM by HaughtyFrank »

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #49056 on: August 30, 2021, 03:48:16 PM »
that aloy eyeliner thread with dudes coming into gotcha the OP with how makeup has existed forever completely glossing over the whole question of WHY DOES ALOY NEED TO WEAR EYELINER...... *sniffles* you are all so stupid

You lovely idiot

Dudes like Morrigan, apparently. She is so stupid.

Okay, that’s petty. Let’s be a bit more thorough.

Quote from: female
What do you mean how and why? There are tons of materials that can be used to make eyeliner ( when I was little my sisters and I use to crush up stuff all the time for it) and plenty of reasons why.
It's really not that big of a deal tbh.
Sometimes I wonder just how male centric this forum is. Thinking eyeliner is a complex mixture of unobtainable chemicals.
Shhh, don't tell them our secret!
Please read this OP and educate yourself - https://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/Ancient-history-cosmetics

Not counting, non-identifying posters. Oh, and the OP? Male.

So in short, Persephone.

PHUCK… ooooffff.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #49057 on: August 30, 2021, 03:52:03 PM »
cos...play...guide

:whatisthis

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #49058 on: August 30, 2021, 03:52:59 PM »
Quote from: Morrigan
Quote from: Persephone
Nah it was silly. Literally everyone in that game wears some elaborate face mods, Aloy's eyeliner is nothing. Might as well worry about why she braids her hair that way too.

Nil doesn't "need" his elaborate Carja make-up to fight bandits either, but I imagine that takes way more time to put on than Aloy's lol

:delicious

BTW, Morrigan. Pretty sure that’s showing hostility and dismissive to a whole bunch of users over something you yourself think is silly.

ShutUp

« Reply #49059 on: August 30, 2021, 03:54:56 PM »
The site is so male centric that they don’t even allow a hot women thread because don’t you dare find women attractive. These mouth breathers wouldn’t know what to do if they actually stepped into a boys locker room and heard some of the shit said in a casual manner.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49060 on: August 30, 2021, 04:00:32 PM »
PERSEPHONE CAN SUCK MORRIGAN'S FAT HOGG!!!  :lol

Jansen

« Reply #49061 on: August 30, 2021, 04:44:43 PM »

I guarantee you that she's actually mad that Aloy has eyeliner but the OP was too bad of a starting point

The patriarchy  :rage

Edit: fortunately there's Persephone

You lovely idiot

Lol
Quote from: Dr. Monkey, post: 72353632, member: 2447
This honestly feels pretty dismissive, especially with hair as a point of comparison. Hairstyles often are pretty meaningful and/or designed for the life someone leads. That's an integral part of character design that should make sense with how the character is presented.

I'll agree with statements in the thread that makeup is fraught and that it's often moved into black and white territory when it shouldn't be, but we also know how different pieces of looks can get weaponized to sexualize characters, which is kinda the whole thing we're doing in this thread. I don't find these criticisms silly at all. Aloy's eyeliner as presented in that guide is very different from what we see on other characters in the game. I can certainly see how someone would argue Aloy's eyeliner is from the "eyelashes" or "put a bow on it" school of design - it's one "concession" to a particular idea of the feminine that doesn't really seem to mesh with the rest of the character's look so it can be easy to see it as an unnecessary touch. It's even highlighted there: "the only makeup she applies." Someone put thought into it. Is it so wrong for others to ask then: why?

weaponized to sexualize characters
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 04:49:11 PM by Jansen »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #49062 on: August 30, 2021, 04:59:48 PM »
As a black person it's math I have to do continually in America.
Ultimately it's different lines we have and what stands we want to make; I don't judge anyone either way as long as they aren't dismissive to the underlying bad acts.

That said, I try to not directly support people who fall across my line. Like I gotta review the Kanye record on a podcast, so I torrented a copy even though I pay for spotify and apple music. Obviously my .0009921 of lost streaming revenue doesnt mean shit, but still makes me feel better about consuming it.

I won't pay for an artist I disagree with, but I will promote the shit out of them!

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #49063 on: August 30, 2021, 05:42:12 PM »
Eyeliner to enhance the eyes and make them look bigger - a quality coded so frequently as feminine, youthful, and more attractive that people get surgery and/or permanent makeup in pursuit of that look - is just not the same as patterns drawn on the skin, whether they are meaningful or decorative.

It’s not materially the same. It’s not philosophically the same. The comparison is poor and even in the examples posted to close the thread, the difference is clear. Aloy is otherwise fresh-faced and natural- qualities often associated with the “just one of the boys but still effortlessly pretty” trope.

YOU may not care about this instance. I personally don’t care much about this instance. But on the face, it’s a perfectly legitimate discussion and I think it’s a discussion that fits well within this thread. In fact I would argue it’s a very basic and clear example. They don’t all have to be tiddy examples.

:sicko

Enjoy your fuckin monster morrigan  :lol

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #49064 on: August 30, 2021, 06:06:04 PM »

:doge :doge

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

ShutUp

« Reply #49065 on: August 30, 2021, 06:06:53 PM »
So they think she’s effortlessly pretty. I would go with bland, nothing special. But, uh, ok.  :foodcourt

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49066 on: August 30, 2021, 06:16:24 PM »
effortlessly pretty characters are beauty standard normative and also phobic toward effortlessly unattractive people
Uncle

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #49067 on: August 30, 2021, 06:25:45 PM »
PERSEPHONE CAN SUCK MORRIGAN'S FAT HOGG!!!  :lol

FUME5

« Reply #49068 on: August 30, 2021, 07:33:40 PM »
Fucking hell, now eyeliner is an issue?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #49069 on: August 30, 2021, 07:33:44 PM »
I get the feeling Morrigan spends a lot of time being angry and inventing music genres

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #49070 on: August 30, 2021, 07:58:42 PM »
Isn't she a mod or something on metal-archives? That place always sucked anyway, so it's not that surprising

Snoopycat_

« Reply #49071 on: August 30, 2021, 08:15:09 PM »
I don't know. I imagine she's begun a lot of sentences with well, actually...and tries to make people listen to TOOL

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49072 on: August 30, 2021, 08:22:43 PM »
 :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #49073 on: August 30, 2021, 08:50:17 PM »
I know era isn't the worst place on the internet, I can fully express who I am without being bombarded with shitty racist memes (the early 00s were shit) and I'm not even close to saying I would be a target for anything but the hardcore Stromfront types.
It still got ways to go to be a place I would feel safe in recommanding to literally anyone, then again since it's housing a gaming community I don't know if we can expect better.
stay strong (and safe)

Boredfrom

« Reply #49074 on: August 30, 2021, 09:00:47 PM »
Mael is  black?

benjipwns

« Reply #49075 on: August 30, 2021, 09:01:56 PM »
Dude hit era where it hurts in the Kanye thread:
Marvel movies are frequently co-produced with the United States DOD, who gains script approval and control over the movie's message for films like "Iron Man," in exchange for budget subsidies like free access to military equipment. "Captain Marvel" is a recruitment tool for the US Air Force, who was very proud of and openly advertised their involvement with that film. We're talking about the imperialist death machine that's turned countries like Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya into living hell for many of their citizens. If we're going to ban Kanye albums for promoting and supporting cretins like Manson, that's fine. But by that same standard, a whole slew of media that Era cherishes (and, frankly, would and will never ban), including most Marvel films, should also be banned, as the people Disney are supporting are literal mass murderers. It's much more egregious than any feature on this album.They are literally recruitment tools for mass murder! If you're fine with banning those films too, then sure. But if you support and defend those movies while hemming and hawwing about how Kanye should be banned and how anyone who listens to his music should be ashamed, you're just a hypocrite.

Almost no replies to him.
User Banned (2 Weeks): Concern trolling and driving a derail across multiple posts
:success

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49076 on: August 30, 2021, 09:25:34 PM »
 :reeeee

FUME5

« Reply #49078 on: August 30, 2021, 09:44:45 PM »
Isn't she a mod or something on metal-archives? That place always sucked anyway, so it's not that surprising

Pretty sure people have posted her sweeping some good ol antisemitism under the rug at the metal site she mods.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #49079 on: August 30, 2021, 10:06:55 PM »
Fucking hell, now eyeliner is an issue?
Literally EVERYTHING is an issue of you screech long and loud enough and get enough similarly screeching banshees to screech with you.
Spud