Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3106287 times)

Propagandhim

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2020, 01:15:05 PM »
I could genuinely see Joe Rogan being stupid enough to think Planet of the Apes takes place on the continent of Africa on the planet Earth, and that he only meant to say it as a descriptor of a place with no white people.  Nepenthe is actually probably a lot smarter than Rogan, and can't imagine the misstep being anything but malicious.  Otherwise, I can't explain why he'd say something like that.  It's really out of character for him.

Listen for yourself and determine. Even Joe admits its a racist thing to say. But he's doing it to get his point across and using your own knowledge about racism in America to help visualize the neighborhood he's seeing the movie and show how he's trying to combat his own racism and stereotype.

Timestamp ?

:hmph

edit: nvm found it

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2020, 01:16:07 PM »
Momo still mod campaigning 👀 :ufup
I mean it looks cool when I assumed I just get a blue name and didn't have to do shit, but now that they are actually doing stuff?  :doge

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2020, 01:18:16 PM »

I could genuinely see Joe Rogan being stupid enough to think Planet of the Apes takes place on the continent of Africa on the planet Earth, and that he only meant to say it as a descriptor of a place with no white people.  Nepenthe is actually probably a lot smarter than Rogan, and can't imagine the misstep being anything but malicious.  Otherwise, I can't explain why he'd say something like that.  It's really out of character for him.

Listen for yourself and determine. Even Joe admits its a racist thing to say. But he's doing it to get his point across and using your own knowledge about racism in America to help visualize the neighborhood he's seeing the movie and show how he's trying to combat his own racism and stereotype.

Timestamp ?

It should have linked to the time stamp: 10:08 when he talks about seeing the movie.

Propagandhim

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2020, 01:21:58 PM »

Timestamp ?

It should have linked to the time stamp: 10:08 when he talks about seeing the movie.

Ah, ive never seen the full clip before. It's exactly as I thought:  "Oh, Planet of the Ape doesn't take place in Africa."  Hoisted by his own retard.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry, I had to dodge the word filter to get that SICK ASS pun in.  Don't hurt me bork.
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2020, 01:22:49 PM »
With Joe Rogan you have to take into account context and 2 bags of weed or whatever he's using that day.

Not to mention he often admits he's not a very smart guy and some bad people have probably taken advantage of his platform.
But overall he just wants to talk to people to better understand their views and doesn't necessarily agree with everyone on his show.
Anyhow, he's mostly just talking shit and having a good time and doesn't have any prepared talking points or whatever.

If you dissect the 1000+ episodes of his podcasts he probably said something 'problematic' at some point.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2020, 01:39:52 PM »
Not to mention he often admits he's not a very smart guy and some bad people have probably taken advantage of his platform.

Like Bernard.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2020, 01:42:30 PM »

someone posted the clip in the last thread, and in context its pretty clear hes using that as a 'fish out of water' reference point for it being a wildly different experience to what he was used to, so the options are
1) rogan is a dumbass who used an accidentally tasteless analogy to support the point he wanted to make
2) rogan is slick / knows exactly what he was doing and deliberately chose a racist dog whistle to, I dunno, take a cheap shot at black people to subvert the narrative he literally followed up with about what a great time he had and how it made him reconsider what it felt like to be a different skin colour to everyone around him because his usual experience is the literal opposite

Nepenthe is actually probably a lot smarter than Rogan

:dunno

« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2020, 01:45:45 PM »
Looking foward to watch the dem candidates discussing joe rogan in the next debate. Shit is going to be hilarious

Propagandhim

« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2020, 01:50:35 PM »

2) rogan is slick / knows exactly what he was doing and deliberately chose a racist dog whistle to, I dunno, take a cheap shot at black people to subvert the narrative he literally followed up with about what a great time he had and how it made him reconsider what it felt like to be a different skin colour to everyone around him because his usual experience is the literal opposite

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2020, 01:51:11 PM »
After 43 pages because the racist Joe Rogan is endorsing Bern, you know B-Dubs sitting there like

Fish<

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2020, 01:53:25 PM »
The one time they should probably shut down a rogan thread over nothing worth discussing, they let it ride. lol

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2020, 02:07:43 PM »
I’ve never seen someone get banned on the bore and thought, “damn, I’ll miss that person.”

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2020, 02:22:08 PM »
OK, this is what we're going to try.  This is no longer a "shit thread."  It's the other forums thread.  Talk and LOL about crap going on on other forums.  That's it. No more free reign to do whatever since you children can't handle it.

213372bu, sorry to see you want to go, but if you're done here...you're done here.  Stop posting.  Especially after you make a thread complaining about other posters you don't like and then proceed to "dramapost for the spectacle."  Maybe they'll nuke your account?  Maybe they won't.  For now you can take a vacation for a month.  If your account is still here, we'd be glad to have you come back.

Nachobro, you've already been warned.  Cut the shit and stop antagonizing the other members.

If anyone else wants to get cute and try to keep this shit going, enjoy a ban.  You wanted moderation?  You got it.

some guy says your board is shitty and now you get tough lmao. babyman

nudemacusers

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2020, 02:23:25 PM »
Demi and pork doing a b-dubs/cerium before it reset even existed :girlaff
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2020, 02:24:28 PM »
OK, this is what we're going to try.  This is no longer a "shit thread."  It's the other forums thread.  Talk and LOL about crap going on on other forums.  That's it. No more free reign to do whatever since you children can't handle it.

213372bu, sorry to see you want to go, but if you're done here...you're done here.  Stop posting.  Especially after you make a thread complaining about other posters you don't like and then proceed to "dramapost for the spectacle."  Maybe they'll nuke your account?  Maybe they won't.  For now you can take a vacation for a month.  If your account is still here, we'd be glad to have you come back.

Nachobro, you've already been warned.  Cut the shit and stop antagonizing the other members.

If anyone else wants to get cute and try to keep this shit going, enjoy a ban.  You wanted moderation?  You got it.

some guy says your board is shitty and now you get tough lmao. babyman

Haha, yeah.  Banned for a few days.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2020, 02:27:47 PM »
Demi and pork doing a b-dubs/cerium before it reset even existed :girlaff

Take a break for a bit.  :)
ど助平

FStop7

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2020, 02:51:49 PM »
Guys can we please stop fighting and focus on the real enemy: Joe Rogan

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2020, 02:53:28 PM »
#jesuisnudemac :salute
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2020, 02:57:15 PM »
More awkward and unintended (?) prudishness in that Youtubers marrying viewers thread :

And I would argue that the YTers who sleep around with viewers and are pieces of shit is higher than those that end up getting married.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-do-youtubers-fall-in-love-with-viewers.166676/post-28549401
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2020, 02:58:54 PM »
#Freenudemac

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2020, 03:01:41 PM »
Bork cleaning up the streets of Boretham :rejoice
Don't dwell over people complaining, do what you think needs to be done.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2020, 03:12:46 PM »
pork, The Butcher of Borriken  :rejoice

And friend of humanity
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2020, 03:17:19 PM »
those guys on resetera are dumb!  :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2020, 03:19:16 PM »
Uncle

« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2020, 03:24:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-really-out-here-cutting-ads-with-joe-rogans-endorsement-see-staff-post.166505/page-46#post-28555191

Wait wtf RDJ was on it?

:noooo

I just cant believe RDJ was on it. Ed norton is one thing, from all accounts hes a real jerk to work with, rdj seemed like a stand up guy. Cant believe he went on a trash podcast like Rogans.

Fuck RDJ

Averon

« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2020, 03:26:02 PM »
The last page in that Joe Rogan thread is wild. They are actually shocked that RDJ and a bunch of celebrities and people they consider "decent" were actually guests on Rogan's show. It's like seeing in real-time their view of Joe Rogan's podcast being some obscure alt-right show is crumbling right before their eyes.

BikeJesus

« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2020, 03:26:37 PM »
I just cant believe RDJ was on it. Ed norton is one thing, from all accounts hes a real jerk to work with, rdj seemed like a stand up guy. Cant believe he went on a trash podcast like Rogans.

Fuck RDJ

:rofl

« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2020, 03:27:06 PM »
Era's canceled list is growing fast

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2020, 03:29:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-really-out-here-cutting-ads-with-joe-rogans-endorsement-see-staff-post.166505/page-46#post-28555191

Wait wtf RDJ was on it?

:noooo

Fuck RDJ
Yes, yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2020, 03:30:42 PM »
If only he was Joe Krogan, so I could genophage his ass.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2020, 03:36:31 PM »
I could be wrong but RDJ is best buds with Mel Gibson, wasn't he? Like no skin off my back (like I care about what any entertainer thinks or does outside of entertainment) but dude has a history of a history they wouldn't like.

But he's also Iron Man, so priorities.

Mel Gibson helped him out while he was at rock bottom, and he basically renounced being a liberal after getting out of jail, and he performed the last blackface act in a major film.

He absolutely has a history, its just nobody cares.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2020, 04:02:55 PM »
No questions from voters about Joe Rogan at the Bernie Sanders campaign’s Iowa town hall. Talked to one Sanders-Steyer-Klobuchar swing voter who didn’t know what I was talking about when I asked about it. Another said he didn’t like Rogan but didn’t mind that he was backing him.

era annihilated

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2020, 04:04:12 PM »
Excel really thinks this will effect Bernie :snoop

railGUN

« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2020, 04:13:10 PM »
Modern feminism =/= general or normal women. Try harder.

Quote from: Trevelyan
Ok, so you have no arguement. Man GAF really has attracted the shittiest of people after the fallout. What a shame, this place was cool 10 years ago.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/women-suing-riot-games-may-be-entitled-to-400m-not-10m.1522068/post-256669941

Trevelyan, a member since 2007, gets perm-banned for that post...  :neogaf with the ban message/reason:
Well ... Bye.

but but GAF is cool now because you can speak your mind without heavy-handed moderation like catching a perm because you dared say something mean about GAF  :lol

Mod of War is 100% EviLore, too. Dude isn't even listed on the staff page: https://www.neogaf.com/staff/

GAF... GAF never changes

Same hive mind pussy crybabies with thin-skinned shit moderation, different political extreme.
Fish<

Averon

« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2020, 04:24:08 PM »
I could be wrong but RDJ is best buds with Mel Gibson, wasn't he? Like no skin off my back (like I care about what any entertainer thinks or does outside of entertainment) but dude has a history of a history they wouldn't like.

But he's also Iron Man, so priorities.

Mel Gibson helped him out while he was at rock bottom, and he basically renounced being a liberal after getting out of jail, and he performed the last blackface act in a major film.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mel Gibson is one of my favorite movie stars still and that dude absolutely deserves all the shit he gets :lol
[close]
He absolutely has a history, its just nobody cares.

OFC they don't, it's just funny that ERA capes for the boy when they've been trying and failing to cancel Chris Pratt over insanely random shit.

Pratt is prime cancel material for ERA. He's a white male, handsome, not really vocal about his politics (i.e not on Twitter saying fuck Trump), and he wears his Christianity on his sleeve. 3 out of those 4 things I just listed makes you immediately sus in their eyes. And as you said, they had spent years trying to find the smoking gun to give them the excuse they so obviously crave to cancel him.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2020, 04:27:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-really-out-here-cutting-ads-with-joe-rogans-endorsement-see-staff-post.166505/post-28555994

In 2013, [Cornel] West referred to Obama's speech at the 50th anniversary celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech as contradictory and as "pretty words that hide ugly deeds." West then goes on to state, "Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream. Barack Obama's got drones. Martin Luther King Jr. had prophetic missions. Barack Obama's got deadly missiles that he’s ready to use."

(I don't think he's wrong necessarily about Obama's use of Drones), but given Obama's high approval with most Democrats... this isn't a good look.

:what :confused
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2020, 04:33:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-really-out-here-cutting-ads-with-joe-rogans-endorsement-see-staff-post.166505/post-28556941

Evasive maneuvers, an excel saga.

Oh man that quote...

Quote from: hackcel
I think I'm being plenty productive yes, I believe I have a strong ability to get people to open up with their true feelings rather than through the political filter.

:popular

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-really-out-here-cutting-ads-with-joe-rogans-endorsement-see-staff-post.166505/post-28556974
ὕβρις

« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2020, 04:34:38 PM »
 some poor soul is actually trying to argue with incelshit

:salute :salute :salute

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2020, 04:35:31 PM »
I think I'm being plenty productive yes, I believe I have a strong ability to get people to open up with their true feelings rather than through the political filter.

It's not like this is my only tone or approach ever.... with other topics I can bury you in citations.... when the time commitment that takes behooves it.

I'm not just an obnoxious shitposter, I just don't have time to find the receipts.
*posts 4 more times in this topic in the next 10 mins*

railGUN

« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2020, 04:36:07 PM »
There are a lot of posts with the disclaimer You are ignoring content by this member for me on this page. Not surprised based on the other interactions here lol.

:lucille
Fish<

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2020, 04:36:41 PM »
I didn't know you were running excelsiorf's campaign for mayor of Era

oh wow I didn't know the key to solving these issues was Excel's tone.

Two different people.

:neogaf

excelsiorlef said:
Who are you lol
idk, who are you?

:lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2020, 04:37:11 PM »
This is the only good thread on gaf.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nsfw-best-butts-in-gaming.1509664/

Probably not worth inviting the nazis though

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2020, 04:38:23 PM »

It's not like this is my only tone or approach ever.... with other topics I can bury you in citations.... when the time commitment that takes behooves it.

I'm not just an obnoxious shitposter, I just don't have time to find the receipts.

:badass :crowdlaff

I like that she thinks she has a tone other than bitchy and condescending.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2020, 04:39:17 PM »

I believe I have a strong ability to get people to open up with their true feelings rather than through the political filter.

I'm really good at ban baiting

I'm really good at avoiding putting forth my own arguments, instead just telling people to "read these" while not reading anything they have to say
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2020, 04:39:39 PM »
Youre proving my point about not having a great response to people asking you if this is the best strategy to actually tackle these problems.
these vicious personal attacks are really unnecessary

:confused

THESE VICIOUS PERSONAL ATTACKS

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2020, 04:41:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/DanteAtkins/status/1221176783267037184

Imagine doing what era always bashes people for not taking two seconds to clean up their past, except when they clean up their past because they're hiding their past.

Can't wait for the Rogan release where he's like "i was a fucking idiot, Bernie showed me the light". #cancelera

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2020, 04:42:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-really-out-here-cutting-ads-with-joe-rogans-endorsement-see-staff-post.166505/post-28557149

Productive? PRODUCTIVE?

I thought ERA loved productivity of a thread as a metric ? 
:whatsthedeal :snob
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2020, 04:43:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/DanteAtkins/status/1221176783267037184

Imagine doing what era always bashes people for not taking two seconds to clean up their past, except when they clean up their past because they're hiding their past.

Can't wait for the Rogan release where he's like "i was a fucking idiot, Bernie showed me the light". #cancelera

Telling of what? Isn't it good if he's ashamed of that shit now?  ???

« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2020, 04:43:53 PM »
Jamie, pull those problematic tweets of mine so I can delete them.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2020, 04:45:08 PM »
Quote from: guesswho
Because I'm not your trained seal

"Watch your tone missy"

:neogaf

KetKat and Kurdel also going at it.  :shaq
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:49:13 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2020, 04:49:44 PM »
I mean I keep quoting you because I find this interaction amusing, though strange, and I enjoy being irreverent from time to time.

Though I do appreciate the irony that this is mostly a discussion of tone and tactic and multiple people have pointed out that your tone and tactic towards me is odd.

because you - for some fucking reason - have mod protections, so nobody can point out your absolutely shitty tone and tactics

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2020, 04:51:34 PM »
excel like.....why hasnt this been shut down yet....

:existential

This is some republic level setup shit. :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2020, 04:51:51 PM »
looking forward to the mod that swoops in, reads incelchief banbaiting and shitposting for no fucking reason at all and decides how to phrase the ban message for the poor cunt who got himself entangled in this and is going above and beyond to post respectfully and without opportunity for deliberate misconstruction

e:
LMAO
I think we should stop derailing an important thread and topic.... and no do not PM me.

as close to to admitting they're wrong and apologising that incelchief is capable of achieving?
               /
:isthis

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2020, 04:53:15 PM »
excel like.....why hasnt this been shut down yet....

:existential

Likewise! So shall we continue and actually get into the question and its implications? Or?
I think we should stop derailing an important thread and topic.... and no do not PM me.

:delicious

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-really-out-here-cutting-ads-with-joe-rogans-endorsement-see-staff-post.166505/post-28557789
ὕβρις

Averon

« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2020, 04:53:37 PM »
jviggy43's pushing against Incelchief's annoying passive aggressive "witty" bs is nice to see and all but how long before they are banned for being "disingenuous?" Incelchief is probably on the Discord right now raising hell

« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2020, 04:55:34 PM »
excelsheet destroyed

mods are probably tallying his history of a history of bans to perm the guy as we speak