Author Topic: Ampere vs RDNA 2: FIGHT! Thread of new GPUs (let's be honest, nvidia gonna win)  (Read 5216 times)

Tuckers Law

How the hell are you people finding these?  Every time I get the chance to check a place, everything is sold out.

MMaRsu

filler

• filler
  • filler
 8)

Nintex

• CORPO
How the hell are you people finding these?  Every time I get the chance to check a place, everything is sold out.
For some reason and I have absolutely no explanation for this Gigabyte has pretty much cornered the Dutch market in sales and supply and they always ship faster than any other brand.
Maybe it's a tax fraud thing, maybe one of their executives just likes this country I have absolutely no idea.
GAMER

filler

• filler
  • filler
the dutch have a direct supply  :curious

benjipwns

• time to get in love formation
do you gotta have light up RAM to use one of these

:neogaf

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
do you gotta have light up RAM to use one of these

:neogaf

RGB ram runs faster, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS
yar

Tuckers Law

I gave up, fuck this shit.  Ordered an overclocked rtx 2060 to replace my ancient r9 380, Iíll just replace that with a newer card once Iím not having to use a fucking botnet to get a new card below scalper prices.

Nintex

• CORPO
I might jump on a good black friday deal for a 3800XT or something but I'm still in HOLD THE LINE mode for the 5600X or 5800X for now.
Surely stock must arrive soon  :tocry
GAMER

Nintex

• CORPO
AAAWWW YISSS

Snagged a 5800X should be here tommorow.

Now to collect the rest of the parts of this new beast  :rejoice
GAMER

MMaRsu

Congrats boi,after I sell this 1060 im also gonna order one

Need a new mobo tho or might just wait to see if they patch the x470

Nintex

• CORPO
Congrats boi,after I sell this 1060 im also gonna order one

Need a new mobo tho or might just wait to see if they patch the x470
Some brands have already started patching, I think it was MSI or Asus that patched the B450 already.
X470 patches if they're doing that should show up for sure early next year.

Just ordered all the other parts, ~1500 Euro PC ugprade  :whew  :rejoice
Everything is getting replaced but the 2070 Super, 3 SSD's, 3 HDD's and Fractal case.

All that money saved up from no gas expenses and not being able to go out for bi-weekly dinners :corona_rodney
GAMER

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I gave up, fuck this shit.  Ordered an overclocked rtx 2060 to replace my ancient r9 380, Iíll just replace that with a newer card once Iím not having to use a fucking botnet to get a new card below scalper prices.
It's a fine little card. I have a 2060S and will use it until it claps out on me (or I can get double the perf for <300Ä :doge).

Nintex

• CORPO
Yeah for 1080p and 1440p the 2060 is fine on high/console like settings and it does DLSS which makes it all the better.
Also some of the coming RTX updates like RTX I/O will also be supported on the 2000-series.
GAMER

Mr Gilhaney

happy to see all our kings ascending.
♿️

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Getting ready for Cyberpunk bois

yar

Nintex

• CORPO
My new build has unleashed the 2070 Super and removed the bottleneck.  :rejoice

Before @1440p:
- Load times: 15 - 20s
- Intro / airfield: 40 - 60fps
- Vietnam: 20 - 30fps
- CPU temp: 80c

After @1440p:
- Load times: 2 - 4s
- Intro / airfield: 90 - 120fps
- Vietnam: 60 - 100fps
- CPU temp: 56c (loading) / 40c (gameplay)

That's with the recommended Nvidia settings (Ray Tracing set to high and some things on Ultra)
All micro stutters gone, all frame skips gone, all slow UI interactions gone  :whoo

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53435570

can probably crank that score up a few points if I close all background apps but I'm statisfied my PC is faster than 90% of the other gaming PC's in the world.
GAMER

MMaRsu

damn I want a 5800x as well, but I would have to upgrade my mobo as well :(

The x470 doesnt support 5000 series GPU's yet... they did patch in support for 3000 series, so they might patch in support for 5000 series as well?

Btw Nintex I already have 32GB ram..sadly I cant get it to run above 2666mhz..even though its a 3000mhz kit.

Coax

I already have 32GB ram..sadly I cant get it to run above 2666mhz..even though its a 3000mhz kit.

I suppose you've already looked into your motherboard's UEFI/BIOS settings for an XMP profile setting? As that's where it's normally configured.

MMaRsu

My new build has unleashed the 2070 Super and removed the bottleneck.  :rejoice

Before @1440p:
- Load times: 15 - 20s
- Intro / airfield: 40 - 60fps
- Vietnam: 20 - 30fps
- CPU temp: 80c

After @1440p:
- Load times: 2 - 4s
- Intro / airfield: 90 - 120fps
- Vietnam: 60 - 100fps
- CPU temp: 56c (loading) / 40c (gameplay)

That's with the recommended Nvidia settings (Ray Tracing set to high and some things on Ultra)
All micro stutters gone, all frame skips gone, all slow UI interactions gone  :whoo

(Image removed from quote.)

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/53435570

can probably crank that score up a few points if I close all background apps but I'm statisfied my PC is faster than 90% of the other gaming PC's in the world.

we cant all be in the 10%