Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 321517 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Blah blah facts and science blah blah deadly pandemic
« Reply #2221 on: February 06, 2021, 07:17:16 AM »
lol if Trump was to leak state secrets it would be deliberate :trumps
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Blah blah facts and science blah blah deadly pandemic
« Reply #2222 on: February 06, 2021, 07:43:45 AM »
JSOC BRIEFINGS - JAN 2021 - UNIQUE ITEM - MINT
From the office of the former President. A stack of JSOC briefings some unopened.
Mostly contains information and graphs about ongoing operations in the Middle East and elsewhere.
Perfect as a gift for collectors, foreign visitors or ambassadors.

If you like this item also look at:
- US Military Drone Spec Manual - 2018 Edition
- Used tie of the President
- Sattelite map of Iranian nuclear launch site locations
- MyPillow signed by the daughter of the President

Ships worldwide from Florida
Shipping fees not included

Current bid: $204 430 (nuketownKim@co.nk)
Buy now: $599 999
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2223 on: February 06, 2021, 08:03:36 AM »
My pillow guy is gonna end up being a Jared isn't he.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2224 on: February 07, 2021, 12:00:34 AM »
Resistance Hero Mitt Romney comes through again for America:
Why the U.S. Needs the Romney Family Plan

America needs more babies. Public policy alone cannot deliver them, but it can help.

Family policy, the way that America supports (or doesn’t) parenthood and child rearing, has always presented the best opportunity for serious bipartisanship in Joe Biden’s presidency. It’s an issue with real overlap between the left and right: Feminists and social conservatives, left-wing antipoverty activists and right-wing pro-natalists all agree that it’s too hard to raise kids in America today. And it’s an issue where the relevant interest group, the American family, isn’t a partisan force or a pre-mobilized constituency — which is usually a weakness for its interests, but in a polarized moment might actually make legislation easier.

This week Mitt Romney put that theory to the test: His office rolled out a big proposal to reform the current hodgepodge of programs that help parents, the mix of tax credits and welfare benefits, by rolling them into a single family benefit that would provide $350 a month for kids 5 and under, and $250 a month for kids up to 17, up to a certain income level and benefit cap. (The cap effectively discriminates against large families, which means Romney can’t be accused of Latter-day Saint self-dealing.)

In keeping with the opportunity described above, the Romney plan offers something to left and right alike. It would significantly reduce child poverty, a core left-wing ambition. At the same time it reduces the current system’s penalties for marriage and its tacit bias against stay-at-home parents, both social-conservative goals, and raises the current subsidy for middle-class families, usually a Republican-leaning constituency. Finally, it’s both deficit neutral and softly pro-life, with a benefit that starts while the child is still in utero.

So with all this winning, who could be against it?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2226 on: February 07, 2021, 01:40:31 AM »
I for one am shocked that the mormon supports the plan to give people with 12 kids more money
:O

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2228 on: February 07, 2021, 06:28:41 AM »
Fox Business - 2019
Lou: "I went to the White House and childrens faces were beaming with joy as President Trump came down the stairs riding an eagle flanked by Thor the god of thunder *man frantically signals* but that's beside the point that these economic policies are rock solid and the democrats should be ashamed for opposing them and hating America"

Fox Business - 2021
Larry: "That's out of my lane but when you look at big tech and oppoorrutn excuse me opportunity and you stay optimissssstic then we're actually not a recession like these people say but actually booming with blow jobs I mean tow jobs up 69% and 420% *man frantically signals* what I meant to say is that we are headed straight for dissssaster as Joe Clinton is destrooooying the economy that Donald Reagan build for us end of first segment transition to commercial"

🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2229 on: February 07, 2021, 10:50:19 AM »
Imagine if getting impeached twice really gave you superpowers.  Bet he would get something like Klaw's sound powers but with Twitter where he just becomes materialized living tweets.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2231 on: February 07, 2021, 06:47:27 PM »

benjipwns

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2233 on: February 08, 2021, 07:19:52 AM »
Was he there to dab on the sinners :thinking
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2235 on: February 08, 2021, 07:00:34 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-ghislaine-maxwell-idUSKBN2A827J

She has been denied the ability to keep her previous testimony excerpt redacted. Her concern was that it would make her look guilty because of admitting to perjury.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2236 on: February 08, 2021, 08:06:16 PM »
Epstein killed himself in August 2019 in a Manhattan jail cell while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

:hitler

I'm not sure what's more fucked up about how the media handles the Epstein story. The repeated claims that he killed himself under no suspicious circumstances or omitting exactly what type of sex trafficking charges this disgraced billionaire was accused of.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 08:23:34 PM by Nintex »
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2237 on: February 08, 2021, 08:07:41 PM »
:lol

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #2238 on: February 08, 2021, 10:16:31 PM »
Epstein killed himself in August 2019 in a Manhattan jail cell while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

:hitler

I'm not sure what's more fucked up about how the media handles the Epstein story. The repeated claims that he killed himself under no suspicious circumstances or omitting exactly what type of sex trafficking charges this disgraced billionaire was accused of.

You mean it wasn't the good kind of sex trafficking? you fucking idiot
___

Tasty

« Reply #2239 on: February 08, 2021, 10:59:41 PM »
:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #2241 on: February 08, 2021, 11:08:19 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2242 on: February 09, 2021, 02:49:42 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/08/nyregion/manafort-vance-ny-indictment.html

Felt hopeless, until this closing passage:
It is possible, though unlikely, that Mr. Manafort may still face federal charges. Last month, Andrew Weissmann, a former prosecutor from the special counsel’s office, argued that the wording of Mr. Trump’s pardons had been “oddly” drafted.

Rather than relieving those who had been pardoned from all potential liability for their actions, Mr. Weissmann argued, the language only narrowly covered their convictions.

In Mr. Manafort’s case, that might leave the door open to new charges, including on crimes that Mr. Manafort admitted he was guilty of as part of a plea deal. Those include 10 counts of financial crimes, as well as other offenses.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2244 on: February 09, 2021, 01:31:33 PM »
All nurses in heaven are male and female?

Wow, Joe Trump is at it again
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2245 on: February 09, 2021, 03:27:02 PM »
Trump's lawyer is freewheeling the impeachment defense  :doge

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1359234965540642820
🤴

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2247 on: February 09, 2021, 03:52:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1359238590044209157

The Dersch on Newsmax trashing Trump's legal team  :doge

The guy on now is just yelling about how they want to deprogram the people who voted for Trump or the GOP, wtf is this
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2248 on: February 09, 2021, 04:43:37 PM »
The first guy, declined to prosecute Cosby.
The second guy wanted to defend Epstein and well...

It's like they wanted to make this as painful for the GOP as possible.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2250 on: February 09, 2021, 06:33:31 PM »
I cover my head every time I click the like button  :bernie

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2251 on: February 09, 2021, 06:44:08 PM »
 :exxy
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2252 on: February 09, 2021, 06:57:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1359284370633355268
Thomas Shannon, acting Secretary of State, told us: "The president looked at the prime minister and said 'I don't believe this. Vladimir Putin is the only man in the world who can destroy the United States and I didn't take his call.'"

"He [Trump] came straight up to me, grabbed my hand and said 'Great interview on Fox News.' He said, 'I said to the people around me, I don't know who the hell that guy is but he's doing a great job.' And that was my first lesson as a diplomat: that if you want to get through to President Trump, do an interview on Fox News."

"My initial thought was just 'How can I end this?' I literally did have in my mind the idea of faking some kind of medical emergency and throwing myself backwards with a loud blood curdling scream into the media."

:lawd

The first episode of Trump Takes on the World airs on BBC Two on 10 February

:hyper
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #2253 on: February 09, 2021, 09:11:36 PM »
SECRETS REVEALED: https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2021/02/09/sen-shirkey-baselessly-claims-us-capitol-riot-was-staged-by-trump-haters-recording-shows
“That wasn’t Trump’s people. That’s been a hoax from day one. That was all prearranged,” Shirkey, a Clarklake Republican, said of the riot. “It was arranged by somebody who was funding it. … It was all staged.”

Shirkey insinuated that even Sen. Mitch McConnell “was part of” a staged insurrection.

“I think they wanted to have a mess,” Shirkey said. “They would have had to recruit this other group of people.”
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Following our story, Shirkey issued an apology for his comments in the video.

“I said some things in a videoed conversation that are not fitting for the role I am privileged to serve. I own that,” Shirkey said. “I have many flaws. Being passionate coupled with an occasional lapse in restraint of tongue are at least two of them. I regret the words I chose, and I apologize for my insensitive comments.”
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2254 on: February 09, 2021, 10:19:05 PM »
“I said some things in a videoed conversation that are not fitting for the role I am privileged to serve. I own that,” Shirkey said. “I have many flaws. Being passionate coupled with an occasional lapse in restraint of tongue are at least two of them. I regret the words I chose, and I apologize for my insensitive comments.”

cool story bro
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2255 on: February 09, 2021, 11:22:18 PM »
I accidentally a conspiracy theory
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2256 on: February 10, 2021, 03:17:52 AM »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #2257 on: February 10, 2021, 12:20:02 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2260 on: February 10, 2021, 02:08:45 PM »
Who is Igor supposed to be in that Garrison cartoon? Yellen?

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #2261 on: February 10, 2021, 03:29:58 PM »

I think that’s supposed to be Adam Schiff since Maxine Waters is next to him. Garrison needs to step up his labeling game since I thought Schumer was Giuliani at first.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2262 on: February 10, 2021, 05:33:15 PM »

I think that’s supposed to be Adam Schiff since Maxine Waters is next to him. Garrison needs to step up his labeling game since I thought Schumer was Giuliani at first.
Garrison doesn't need to do anything, he only needs to create his art  :mynicca
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #2263 on: February 10, 2021, 06:38:17 PM »
Less than a month has gone by with Biden as president and already this country is unrecognizable.

https://mobile.twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1359493382092042242

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1359635853853753351

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #2264 on: February 10, 2021, 07:08:56 PM »
Playing national anthems before games that aren't even international competition always seemed stupid to me. Even as a kid who didn't think about politics.
I don't really care now. It's just a formality if I'm actually at a pro game and I do find it kinda cool that the Buffalo Sabres play both the Canadian and American anthem even if it's just two American teams playing each other due to the proximity and that a chunk of the fan base and season ticket holders live across the border. And yeah you get singers that can showcase themselves and some have it as their main gig during the season. I'd feel kinda bad to rip that away from them. It's more like if the tradition wasn't there I would never have been for starting it up.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2265 on: February 10, 2021, 07:21:35 PM »
The Trump impeachment case the Democrats have put together is pretty convincing.

Especially the part where Rudy calls a senator to stall the proceedings, Trump supporters shouting his tweets while storming and Chris Christie and a bunch of other GOP members both inside and outside the capital telling Trump he needs to 'call it off'.
Trump's lawyer also connected the dots on Fox News last night when he said this happened because Trump has more loyal supporters than the Democrats.  :doge
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2266 on: February 10, 2021, 07:25:08 PM »
And still they will acquit him
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2267 on: February 10, 2021, 08:45:37 PM »
And still they will acquit him
I'm not sure. These people are shameless so maybe they will just throw Trump under the bus to save themselves or they might think that if Trump gets convicted and banned from office they could be next.

Whatever sentiment prevails will determine the outcome because the defense is a clown show (Dersch and others not showing also shows Trump's support has dropped among the GOP establishment).
It looks like the vote will be much closer than previously expected.
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2268 on: February 10, 2021, 09:28:03 PM »
They'll do the math and figure it's better for the "Republican image" that Trump not be convicted. Same rationalising the Dems had when Clinton was impeached.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2269 on: February 10, 2021, 09:45:37 PM »
The footage the dems cut together and showed at the trial was pretty fucking crazy. The woman that got shot was actually trying to climb over a resident evil 2 style desk barricaded door  :doge

If you just watched the news clips it seemed like some idiots running around stealing shit, I had no idea it was as wild as some of those videos show :doge
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 11:29:23 PM by remy »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2270 on: February 10, 2021, 11:15:39 PM »
Just watched the whole video. Fuck me, Republicans are stupid cunts.
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2271 on: February 11, 2021, 02:07:01 AM »

still the best  :lol

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #2272 on: February 11, 2021, 09:18:10 AM »
(before internet)

Boomers are just the best.
rub

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2273 on: February 11, 2021, 11:46:58 AM »

He only labeled Mitch, who is the most obvious one of all.  :wut
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #2274 on: February 11, 2021, 01:03:53 PM »
Dozens of former Republican officials, who view the party as unwilling to stand up to former President Donald Trump and his attempts to undermine U.S. democracy, are in talks to form a center-right breakaway party, four people involved in the discussions told Reuters.

The early stage discussions include former elected Republicans, former officials in the Republican administrations of Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush and Trump, ex-Republican ambassadors and Republican strategists, the people involved say.

More than 120 of them held a Zoom call last Friday to discuss the breakaway group, which would run on a platform of “principled conservatism,” including adherence to the Constitution and the rule of law - ideas those involved say have been trashed by Trump.
a zoom call with over a hundred boomers :dead

benjipwns

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2276 on: February 11, 2021, 01:17:22 PM »
god emperor bide  :bow :bow :biden :bow2 :bow2

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2277 on: February 11, 2021, 01:32:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/stltoday/status/1359900792623427585

welcome to the resistance wealthy conservatives  :biden

benjipwns

« Reply #2278 on: February 11, 2021, 01:51:05 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/02/i-miss-thrill-trump/617993/
Thrilling, without a single boring day: That’s how I’d describe my four years as an enemy of the people, a lanyard-wearing member of the “Lügenpresse,” a term some Donald Trump supporters borrowed from the Nazis to refer to insufficiently flattering coverage of their movement, or of the man who led it.

I miss it already. I miss it terribly, even if I miss little else about the past four years. Without quite meaning to, Trump reminded journalists that their relationship to power should be adversarial. I hope my colleagues in the press corps (I am a national correspondent for Yahoo News) remember that, as some measure of pre-Trumpian courtliness returns to the White House briefing room.

The brandishing of Nazi imprecations was yet another sign that Trump took things way too far. But he didn’t exactly relegate us to the concentration camp for the unflattering stories we published. Cable news, more like it. During my first MSNBC “hit”—you always call it a hit, never anything but—I mispronounced Mueller, making the first syllable sound like the lowing of a cow (in case you’re ever in a similar fix: his name rhymes with duller). Either the anchor didn’t notice, or it made no difference, because the producers asked me back. Not many times, but enough for my children to regard me with a measure of awe, as if I were taking regular journeys into outer space.

And now Trump is gone. Oh, I know, we will always have “covfefe.” We will always have Press Secretary Sean Spicer advancing the exceedingly novel argument that not even Hitler gassed people (yes, he really said that), and Kayleigh McEnany, after him, informing us that she would never lie, then proceeding to do so relentlessly for months on end, while a cross dangled prominently from her neck. Above all was a This isn’t really happening sensation, followed by the realization that not only was it really happening, but it was my job to figure out why and to whom and, not infrequently, whether readers ought to expect nuclear war. I don’t think we will recover that peculiar thrill until the presidency of Marjorie Taylor Greene.

I use that word, thrill, with full intention. No need to tell me about the cruel immigration policy, the incompetent pandemic response, the racism and bigotry, the frightening chaos. “We never gave you time. We kept the foot on the gas,” a top former West Wing staffer told me in 2018, when I was writing a book on the Trump administration. That same staffer maintained that there was “no chaos; only method.” I believed that at first, until I didn’t. I once sat across from Trump in the Oval Office as he launched into a disquisition about Jussie Smollett. Do you remember Jussie Smollett? I can assure you that Trump remembers Jussie Smollett. He has almost certainly spent more time thinking about Jussie Smollett than he has about the coronavirus pandemic. I suspect that some of his more ardent supporters would be perfectly fine with that.

Covering the administration was thrilling for many journalists, in the way that I imagine storming Omaha Beach must have been for a 20-year-old fresh from the plains of Kansas. He hadn’t signed up for battle, but there he was, liberating France. France, by the way, is where Trump called American soldiers who’d fallen in combat “suckers” and “losers.” When this magazine first reported those comments, Trump’s supporters denounced the Atlantic story as preposterous and offensive, even as outlet after outlet confirmed the reporting. They failed to realize that the preposterous and the offensive were the twin beacons of the Trump presidency. Journalists were merely going where he led. This was our Omaha Beach. I, for one, would have rather been in Hawaii.

You are doubtlessly annoyed as you read this, whoever you are and whatever you believe.
:trumps

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2279 on: February 11, 2021, 01:55:45 PM »
 :biden
©@©™