Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 322577 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
We need to concentrate them into special camps for their own good
:O

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Why hasn't he had any rallies in 9 months?

Because he's old and lazy.
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

benjipwns

« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 02:00:13 AM by benjipwns »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1395852719383056396

she's running :american

I can't think of any specific examples, but i'm sure elected Republicans on the national stage have called out anti-white discrimination before. Maybe their motivation came from a place of bigotry and not equality, but it still makes it untrue to say they didn't.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
We need to concentrate them into special camps for their own good
I can totally see Yang propose this with different wording.
Cool people camps  8)
🤴

benjipwns

For all of these reasons, my friend Victor J. Friedman, an academic activist who has worked extensively in Jewish-Palestinian and Israeli-Arab dialogues in Israel, emailed me from Israel to say:

“Maybe this is another ‘Kissinger moment.’ Like the 1973 war, this situation is a wake-up call for Israel. Despite the spin, people know that there was no real victory here. More than ever there is a feeling that something has to change. Hamas, like the Egyptians, in 1973 surprised Israel and did real damage. Bibi wanted to do enough damage to humiliate Hamas as much as possible, without going in on the ground. But Biden stopped us before we could totally humiliate Hamas.”

So, Victor added, “There is a potential opening here for some creative diplomacy, just like after the 1973 war.”

I think he is right, but with one huge caveat. Kissinger’s negotiating partners were all strong national leaders: Egyptian President Anwar Sadat, Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir and Syrian President Hafez al-Assad — and they were resolving an interstate conflict between sovereign nations.

Indeed, what Kissinger began in 1973 and Jimmy Carter completed at Camp David was only possible because all these leaders actually agreed to ignore the core problem — the intra-state problem, the problem of two people wanting a state on the same land. In other words, the Israeli-Palestinian problem.

What Bibi Netanyahu, Mahmoud Abbas and the various leaders of Hamas all have in common is that they have never, ever, ever been willing to risk their political careers or lives to forge the kind of hard compromise needed for a peace breakthrough in their war over the same piece of land.

So I am dubious, to say the least, about the prospects for peace. What I am not dubious about, though, is this: the pain on all the actors in this drama — from more accurate rockets to more global boycotts to more homes destroyed that no foreigners want to pay to rebuild to unemployment to more inflammatory social networks to more anti-Semitism — is only going to intensify.

So, my message to Biden would be this: You may be interested in China, but the Middle East is still interested in you. You deftly helped to engineer the cease-fire from the sidelines. Do you want to, do you dare to, dive into the middle of this new Kissingerian moment?
:american

benjipwns

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
They’ve already all agreed that since the Democrats cheated, he can be president for 2 or 3 more terms. Read the Constitution.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/georgepbush/status/1396861324521582595

Whatever happens this'll be the comeback of the century
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Even the Bushes are cucked by Trump now :titus

You'd think that leaning into the Dubya white wash would be the better move :doge
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
They need Trump until the Reagan AI is ready to take over.
🤴

james

OMG the Q "Trump is the secret president" must be going wild

Someone with access please share info. With Neogaf dead I dont have a direct line to Q anymore

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Read the conspiracy thread fam
(ice)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Even the Bushes are cucked by Trump now :titus

You'd think that leaning into the Dubya white wash would be the better move :doge

George P has been all in on Trump for a while now. He's got a lot of ambition and apparently little loyalty to the family.
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Read the conspiracy thread fam
reads it with the other account  ;)

benjipwns

Everybody's running for Governor Part XII:
Anti-government provocateur Ammon Bundy filed papers to run for governor in Idaho next year, even though he's not currently registered to vote or legally allowed to set foot on Capitol grounds.

Secretary of State candidacy records show Bundy listing his address as a post-office box in Emmett, with a local contractor, Aaron Welling, acting as treasurer.

He would be seeking the 2022 GOP nomination for the state's top post, currently held by Republican Brad Little. The governor had been unsuccessfully targeted for recall by anti-government activists unhappy with shutdowns he ordered in response to the pandemic.

Bundy told NBC News on Monday he's not yet formally announced a gubernatorial run, but wants to begin building an organization for a potential candidacy.

"The people of Idaho are very freedom-minded," Bundy said. "I had never desired (to run for office), but I knew as early as 2017 that I would run for governor of Idaho."

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
There way too many right wing events going on right now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1396827742935687170

Meanwhile on the left :confused :biden

Can’t wait for all the ‘how did this happen’ articles when Mike Lindell gets sworn in as president.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Now everybody is agreeing that I was right when I very early on called Wuhan as the source of COVID-19, sometimes referred to as the China Virus. To me it was obvious from the beginning but I was badly criticized, as usual. Now they are all saying “He was right.” Thank you!

Trumpadamus strikes again :trumps
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
There way too many right wing events going on right now.

And they all star the same group of grifters.
dog

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Got get them "speaking fees" from donations that were "left over" from _____.

:money

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Will people still show up to totes not klan rallies in 2021 :doge
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

You already know the answer to that question.
dog

benjipwns

He may be facing allegations of sex trafficking of a minor, but Rep. Matt Gaetz still has his eye on a 2024 presidential bid — as long as former President Donald Trump does not decide to run.

“I support Donald Trump for president. I’ve directly encouraged him to run and he gives me every indication he will,” the Florida Republican texted The Post Wednesday. “If Trump doesn’t run, I’m sure I could defeat whatever remains of Joe Biden by 2024.”

benjipwns

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., made frequent use of charter flights and laid out highly specific demands to staffers regarding his air travel and hotel accommodations while running for president, according to an excerpt from new book detailing Democratic presidential campaigns ahead of the 2020 election.

Sanders’ habits on the campaign trail were detailed in "Battle for the Soul: Inside the Democrats' Campaigns to Defeat Trump" by author Edward-Isaac Dovere. In the book, Dovere wrote that private air travel was a "revelation" to Sanders, who had flown commercially before his upstart presidential run in 2016 catapulted him to the national stage.

"Charter flights were a revelation to him. He would always be a little embarrassed pulling into the private terminals, but boy, did he get a kick out of not worrying about being late for a flight that couldn’t take off without him," Dovere wrote regarding Sanders. "By the beginning of 2017, his staff had put together a document laying out his minimum requirements for the kind of aircraft he’d require if asked to go on trips beyond his regular route back and forth between Vermont and Washington. Couldn’t be too cramped. Couldn’t get too bumpy."

The book detailed one incident in which Sanders allegedly shamed a hotel worker who couldn’t get his room to his preferred temperature.

"Hotel rooms had to be away from elevators and from ice machines, so that quiet was guaranteed," Dovere wrote. "He didn’t like getting upgrades and would often switch with an aide if he got the nicer room— ‘If there’s a bomb in there, it’s yours tonight,’ he’d joke— but he liked suites, and he liked bathtubs, and he insisted on a king-size bed, which had to have a down comforter or another blanket in the closet. He preferred that the extra blanket be dark blue, and made of cotton.

"The temperature in the room had to be kept at 60, even if that required having a staffer sit in the room with an open window in the winter to make sure it cooled enough or calling management in to override the system," he continued. "There was no bending the rules: once on a stop in California, annoyed that his aides couldn’t get the temperature below 65, he had them call the woman from the front desk up to change the thermostat while he sat on the bed, watching. She couldn’t get it to work, and nervously humiliated, she apologized. Sanders didn’t care. ‘So, Chloe,’ he said, annoyed. ‘You don’t want me to sleep tonight?’

The senator allegedly required pamphlets and other promotional materials to be removed from his hotel rooms and prefers having a fan, once asking an aide to buy one during a blizzard. The memo also directed staffers to ensure his rooms at hotels or events were stocked with drinks and snacks, such as green tea with honey, Gatorade and cans of assorted nuts.
:bernie

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.

Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
"The temperature in the room…required having a staffer sit in the room with … an open window…to make sure it cooled enough …There was no bending the rules…call the woman from the front desk up to change…sat on the bed, watching. She …humiliated, she apologized. Sanders didn’t care. ‘So, Chloe,’ he said…" want me to sleep tonight?’

:whew

james

LET THE MAN SLEEP IN COMFORT

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Wow, Bernie's behaviour is terribly elitist.

Meanwhile, Trump arranged top tier hotel stays for all his staff, helped to hand out paper towels if needed and was fine with McDonalds :trumps
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., made frequent use of charter flights and laid out highly specific demands to staffers regarding his air travel and hotel accommodations while running for president, according to an excerpt from new book detailing Democratic presidential campaigns ahead of the 2020 election.

Sanders’ habits on the campaign trail were detailed in "Battle for the Soul: Inside the Democrats' Campaigns to Defeat Trump" by author Edward-Isaac Dovere. In the book, Dovere wrote that private air travel was a "revelation" to Sanders, who had flown commercially before his upstart presidential run in 2016 catapulted him to the national stage.

"Charter flights were a revelation to him. He would always be a little embarrassed pulling into the private terminals, but boy, did he get a kick out of not worrying about being late for a flight that couldn’t take off without him," Dovere wrote regarding Sanders. "By the beginning of 2017, his staff had put together a document laying out his minimum requirements for the kind of aircraft he’d require if asked to go on trips beyond his regular route back and forth between Vermont and Washington. Couldn’t be too cramped. Couldn’t get too bumpy."

The book detailed one incident in which Sanders allegedly shamed a hotel worker who couldn’t get his room to his preferred temperature.

"Hotel rooms had to be away from elevators and from ice machines, so that quiet was guaranteed," Dovere wrote. "He didn’t like getting upgrades and would often switch with an aide if he got the nicer room— ‘If there’s a bomb in there, it’s yours tonight,’ he’d joke— but he liked suites, and he liked bathtubs, and he insisted on a king-size bed, which had to have a down comforter or another blanket in the closet. He preferred that the extra blanket be dark blue, and made of cotton.

"The temperature in the room had to be kept at 60, even if that required having a staffer sit in the room with an open window in the winter to make sure it cooled enough or calling management in to override the system," he continued. "There was no bending the rules: once on a stop in California, annoyed that his aides couldn’t get the temperature below 65, he had them call the woman from the front desk up to change the thermostat while he sat on the bed, watching. She couldn’t get it to work, and nervously humiliated, she apologized. Sanders didn’t care. ‘So, Chloe,’ he said, annoyed. ‘You don’t want me to sleep tonight?’

The senator allegedly required pamphlets and other promotional materials to be removed from his hotel rooms and prefers having a fan, once asking an aide to buy one during a blizzard. The memo also directed staffers to ensure his rooms at hotels or events were stocked with drinks and snacks, such as green tea with honey, Gatorade and cans of assorted nuts.
:bernie
That reads like someone spent a lot of time finding innocuous stories from a long campaign and twisting then into a "bad man" narrative.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I'm with Sanders on this one, hotel room AC rarely gets the room cool enough with the normal settings.
dog

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
sleeps with a fan what a maniac

drinking green tea and eating cans of nuts- just burning donator dollars on luxurious consumption. some leftist!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/GSpellchecker/status/1398171071514386432

Black Lives Matter!*

*not as much as my book deal or TV show :trumps
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
So Joe Biden is now the arbiter of truth.

Good to know.  :like
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
So Joe Biden is now the arbiter of truth.

Good to know.  :like
god emperor bide  :biden

Potato

• Senior's Member
Inflation is a sign of a growing economy.
Spud

james

Im an average american worker and I experienced inflation just fine in south america thank you very much.

When the $1 can of soda suddenly costs $3.50

:whew

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Income fell 13.1% as well
:usacry

With Memorial Day Weekend coming up, tomorrow people start driving in the biggest automobile days of the year.
I’m sorry to say the gasoline prices that you will be confronted with are far higher than they were just a short number of months ago where we had gasoline under $2 a gallon.

Remember as you’re watching the meter tick, and your dollars pile up, how great of a job Donald Trump did as President.
Soon Russia and the Middle East will be making a fortune on oil, and you will be saying how good it was to have me as your President.

Wasn’t it great to be energy independent, but we are energy independent no more.

Shame, shame, shame.

Other than that, have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

:trumps
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1398202457185042436

30 million people (in the US alone) believe in Qanon now   :doge
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1399707794375426051

Trump has told people Maggie he expects to be reinstated in August because reasons.
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1399707794375426051

Trump has told people Maggie he expects to be reinstated in August because reasons.

Looking forward to diamond Joe actually letting the capital police prepare, or even be bolstered by the national guard this time. Diamond Joe don’t play.

benjipwns

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/02/trump-blog-page-shuts-down-for-good.html
Former President Donald Trump’s blog — a webpage where he shared statements after larger social media companies banned him from their platforms — has been permanently shut down, his spokesman said Wednesday.

The page, “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump,” has been scrubbed from Trump’s website after going live less than a month earlier. It “will not be returning,” his senior aide Jason Miller told CNBC.

“It was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on,” Miller said in email correspondence.

benjipwns

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/06/biden-shapiro-trump-conservative-publishing/619052/
His presidency may be young, but industry insiders have told me in recent weeks that the market for anti-Biden books is ice cold. Authors have little interest in writing them, editors have little interest in publishing them, and—though the hypothesis has yet to be tested—it’s widely assumed that readers would have little interest in buying them. In many ways, the dynamic represents a microcosm of the current political moment: Facing a new president whose relative dullness is his superpower, the American right has gone hunting for richer targets to elevate.

To some in the publishing industry, the apparent lack of appetite is bewildering. “In the past, it’s been like taking candy from a baby to write a book about the Democratic president,” one frustrated conservative editor told me, requesting anonymity to speak candidly about internal business practices. Now? “Nobody is trying.”
Jonah Goldberg, a former National Review columnist who has written several popular conservative books, told me it was never hard to make Hillary Clinton seem “sinister” to readers of a certain stripe. “Hillary was a kind of Zelig figure of the post-’60s left. Some of the associations were tenuous, but you could play the political equivalent of the Kevin Bacon game with her without needing more than one or two degrees of separation. Black Panthers! Communist law firms! Sidney Blumenthal! Saul Alinsky!” Biden, an aging white guy who spent decades in the Senate, is by contrast “somewhat boringly conventional.”

And there’s another problem, Goldberg told me: “Most of the good ammo against Biden—which I’ve deployed in the past—isn’t as effective after four years of Trump. He says crazy things! He doesn’t know what he’s talking about! He has a ridiculous ego and lies about his brilliance and expertise! All of this is true. But all of that has been normalized by Trump.”

“The right-wing marketplace has been radicalized,” said Goldberg, who has been a vocal critic of the Trump-era GOP. “Not just by QAnon-type stuff, but by years of anti-Clinton-and-Obama fare.”
For now, the most successful conservative authors are training their fire on more abstract targets, such as “wokeness” and “cancel culture.” A quick review of recent best sellers suggests that ignoring Biden can work just fine. According to BookScan, which tracks most hardcover sales, Andy Ngo’s book on antifa, Unmasked, has sold more than 77,000 copies (an unqualified success in political nonfiction), as has Rod Dreher’s Live Not By Lies, which bills itself as a “manual for Christian dissidents.” The talk-radio host Mark Levin’s forthcoming American Marxism—which will tackle, among other subjects, “the widespread brainwashing of students, the anti-American purposes of Critical Race Theory and the Green New Deal,” per its publisher—is expected to be a massive hit when it’s released in July.

Shapiro attributes this trend to a broader shift that he’s noticed in his audience. While conservatives may not care about Biden, he told me, they are petrified of the larger progressive forces they see at work in American politics. “What people are afraid of right now are not powerful public figures. What people are afraid of are their bosses, their neighbors, that they’re going to get mobbed on Twitter and get socially ostracized.” Shapiro is betting that’s where the focus will stay: His own book coming out this summer will cover what he describes as “the leftist takeover of every major institution.”
Meanwhile, some in the conservative publishing world are determined to find a new bogeyman to fill the vacuum left by Biden. One possibility is Anthony Fauci, whose advocacy for COVID-19 restrictions has drawn ire from wide swaths of the right. (Faucian Bargain: The Most Powerful and Dangerous Bureaucrat in American History became a surprise hit when it was released in March, selling more than 68,000 copies.) But as the pandemic winds down in America, Fauci’s staying power as an antagonist is in doubt. Another option is Biden’s son Hunter, whose personal life and controversial business dealings have been widely covered on Fox News. He is the subject of a forthcoming book, Laptop From Hell, slated for this September.

One conservative editor told me that Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York might be the most logical choice, given the right’s fear of socialism, but cited a unique challenge in making the congresswoman appear sufficiently menacing: “It’s hard to find a bad picture of her to put on the cover.”

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Player haters ain't got nothing go hate

🤴