Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 323253 times)

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-57343832

Abortion: Texas teen attacks new law in high school graduation speech

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/02/trump-blog-page-shuts-down-for-good.html
Former President Donald Trump’s blog — a webpage where he shared statements after larger social media companies banned him from their platforms — has been permanently shut down, his spokesman said Wednesday.

The page, “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump,” has been scrubbed from Trump’s website after going live less than a month earlier. It “will not be returning,” his senior aide Jason Miller told CNBC.

“It was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on,” Miller said in email correspondence.

Sad!  :biden
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
“It was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on,” Miller said in email correspondence.

It was actually never about the votes but about the end to end consumer experience
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

George P has been all in on Trump for a while now. He's got a lot of ambition and apparently little loyalty to the family.

https://mobile.twitter.com/scottbraddock/status/1400431775965396999

:neogaf

Also Biden earning my vote for a second term.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1400112488209911816

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anheuser-Busch though  :yuck
[close]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:57:57 PM by Skullfuckers Anonymous »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
having to shut down a wordpress from lack of interest

:snoop

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Nobody wants to read a 10-paragraph Trump screed, even his die-hard fans.
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
https://mobile.twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1400201160817000448

:delicious

He's graduating.
The school's looking into ways to prevent the policy the conservative snowflakes used to try and punitively address the issue while chilling free speech. The student's clear work of social parody was merely a modest proposal.

zomgee

• We've *all*

...Trump... die-hard fans... read.

:lucas
rub

benjipwns

https://spectator.org/florida-tech-censorship-law-desantis/
Defenders of Big Tech routinely argue that these companies have a right to do whatever they want because they are not government entities. That is false.

Big Tech companies are engaging in censorship, plain and simple. The fact that they are in the private sector does not change the definition of the word. What it does mean is that Congress cannot impede their freedom to publish. The Constitution reserves that power and others to the states or the people under the 10th Amendment. Florida is exercising that authority.

In fact, the states have an active responsibility to protect their residents’ free-speech rights. Freedom of speech is not a one-way affair in which government is prohibited from interfering with speech but individuals and corporations may muzzle their neighbors. On the contrary, the proper role of government is not only to avoid restricting speech itself but also to protect the rights of the people to speak and be heard. That is exactly what Florida’s law is intended to do.
:notlikethis

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/social-media-fact-checkers-david-marcus
Nobody is checking the fact checkers, and it is time that changed. It’s time for government to regulate the fact checking industry.

This may seem antithetical to traditional conservative values of small government, but the ubiquitous and monopolistic nature of social media, the power it has to frame how we see the world, is an existential challenge. We cannot be slaves to orthodoxy if that means Americans are subject not only to lies, but also the censorship of the truth.

The First Amendment rightly renders government powerless to regulate news outlets’ publishing content from their own in house fact checkers -- they are protected by freedom of the press. But third party independent fact checkers are another story entirely.
:stahp

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
"At the point at which fact checkers are citing lack of context, or concerns about methodology they are no longer fact checking"

What...

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Fat check

These rolls
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Fact checkers lost their credibility in the 2016 election cycle.

If Bernie Sanders said he was against foreign wars it was considered partially false because of a comment he made in the 70's.
Then if Clinton said she was against the war in Iraq it was 100% true even though she voted for it.

There were some serious mental gymnastics going on.
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

Criminalizing fact checking is probably one of the few issues that has bipartisan support in America.

Cauliflower Of Love

pretty wild to think sanders got bibi out of office

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1400881558681235456

Run for Congress in Florida
Become speaker
Impeach Biden

:dead
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1400881558681235456

Run for Congress in Florida
Become speaker
Impeach Biden

:dead

Fail to get 2/3 of votes in Senate
dog

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
seems like the kind of thing they'd send Don Jr to do and he'd not even win his primary in florida :heh
(ice)

james

He'd actually win a seat in Florida so not a terrible plan

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Trump was an hour late, had his pants on backwards because he had shat himself(?) and his daughter in law announced she wasn't running in NC.

:like
🤴

benjipwns

You don't need to be a member of the House to be elected Speaker though. :rollsafe

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
You don't need to be a member of the House to be elected Speaker though. :rollsafe

This one weird trick!
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1401963741806092288

Copmala in her element doing a speech that could've been written by Stephen Miller.

🤴

benjipwns

The Biden Justice Department is forging ahead with a controversial legal effort started under former President Donald Trump to intervene on Trump's behalf in a defamation lawsuit brought against him by a writer who says Trump sexually assaulted her in the 1990s.

E. Jean Carroll leveled the accusations against Trump in her memoir published in 2019. Trump denied the allegations and accused Carroll of lying to sell books.

Carroll sued the then-president for defamation, but the suit has been caught up in litigation since the Trump-era Justice Department attempted to step in on Trump's behalf and make the government the defendant instead of the now-former president.

In its filing late Monday, the Justice Department — now under the Biden administration — sought to continue its defense of Trump while distancing itself from his alleged actions.
Instead, Boynton said, it boils down to a few legal questions, including whether a president is an "employee of the government" and whether Trump's denials were made within the scope of his office.

The department said the answer to both questions is yes, and therefore under federal law it said the government should be able to replace Trump as defendant in the case.

If the department were to succeed in its efforts, legal experts said the move would effectively end the case because the federal government can't be sued for defamation.
:trumps

benjipwns

Conservative media outlet Newsmax, a favorite of former President Donald Trump's, rejected embattled Republican U.S. Representative Matt Gaetz's request for a job, a spokesperson for the website said on Monday.

Gaetz contacted Newsmax early this year, a source at the outlet said. That was around the time that news broke Gaetz was the subject of a federal investigation into possible sex trafficking of a minor.
annihilated

benjipwns

edit:

:supergay
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 09:34:44 PM by benjipwns »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
GOP Support for the LGBTQ2SIA+ certainly went up under Trump's leadership.

As did the appreciation for beautiful generals, big strong crying men and the YMCA.
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

Copmala in her element doing a speech that could've been written by Stephen Miller.

Didn’t Biden build streetlights for them? These migrants are so ungrateful.

benjipwns

The bagman's back baby 8)
Terry McAuliffe’s comeback bid aced its first test Tuesday, as the former Virginia governor cruised to victory in the state's Democratic gubernatorial primary.

McAuliffe had been the wire-to-wire favorite in the Democratic gubernatorial primary since entering the race last December, significantly outraising his four other opponents and staking out a sizable lead in public polling throughout the race. His victory sets up a matchup with Glenn Youngkin, a former Carlyle Group chief executive who won the Republican nomination in a party convention about a month ago.

The November election will be the first major election during President Joe Biden’s tenure in the White House — and a measure of how damaging now-former President Donald Trump was to the state Republican Party here, which had been ransacked during Trump’s four years in office.

McAuliffe’s blowout victory capped off a disappointing primary for some progressives in the state, who were eager to nominate a Black woman from the field. Both former state Del. Jennifer Carroll Foy and state Sen. Jennifer McClellan were unable to break out from the rest of the pack, which also included current Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax and Del. Lee Carter.

Some Democrats in the state fretted about apparent low turnout in the primary — “there’s more cicadas than there are voters,” one aide on a gubernatorial campaign quipped

benjipwns

cool cool cool everything's fine nobody will seriously

benjipwns

Skullfuckers Anonymous

james

benjipwns

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) on Tuesday disputed the science behind virus research because she does not believe in evolution.

Greene made the remarks while speaking to Steve Bannon on Real America's Voice, where she argued that Dr. Anthony Fauci should be criminally charged over the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Georgia Republican said that she opposed so-called "gain of function" research on viruses.

"That's a bioweapon," she charged. "So we need to be very clear about what was the intent of COVID-19 and these viruses that they experiment with like some sort of Dr. Frankenstein experiment."

"I don't buy it because I don't believe in evolution," the congresswoman said. "I don't believe in that type of so-called science. I don't believe in evolution. I believe in God."

Greene added: "These viruses were not making people sick until they created them and made them into weaponized viruses to be able to attach to our cells and make us sick. This has caused so many people to die all over the world."

:american

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

Looks like the GOP is going all in on Trump 2024 with all the shows having him on speed dial again.

Who said it?

"I've been at the border, both physically and aware of the issue"

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kamala Harris
[close]
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Remember 2009 when certain bad faith actors were claiming a new liberal government's spending was leading to hyper inflation? Remember how inflation and rates exploded, the economy crumbled, and babies starved in the streets because their poor mothers could afford milk?

Oh wait, that's right. They made the same bullshit claims and nothing happened.

benjipwns

U.S. Park Police did not clear Lafayette Park and the nearby area of protesters on June 1, 2020, so President Donald Trump could walk from the White House over to St. John’s Church, but learned of his interest in surveying the site hours after they already had begun planning to clear the area to put up new fencing, according to a new watchdog report.

The Interior Department’s inspector general did not determine whether law enforcement acted inappropriately against demonstrators last year and did not focus on individual incidents of police use of force, but found that poor communication between agencies and ineffective dispersal warnings "may have contributed to confusion during the operation and the use of tactics that appeared inconsistent" with initial plans.
The review ultimately found park police had been planning to clear the area for days to install anti-scale fencing and that the decisions on the ground were not changed because of the president or White House's plans.
Regarding claims of violent tactics used against protestors, the report said only that "individual uses of force" by Park Police officers "are the subject of separate inquiries or ongoing lawsuits."

Greenblatt told ABC News that even though his office did not speak to Barr, the White House, or Secret Service for this review, it would have done so if the evidence indicated there was pressure from any of those sources that had an impact on Park Police decisions.

"We would have pursued evidence had it gone elsewhere. But we found that the U.S. Park Police officials on the ground, they owned the decision and the corroborating evidence supported that," he said on ABC News Live.
:biden

benjipwns

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Skullfuckers Anonymous

Cauliflower Of Love

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
2016: "Surely they couldn't be serious about building a wall?"

2021: "Fire the joint chiefs"

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1403072319971540999
🤴

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
I'm not even someone who is a big global warming guy but...is it surprising that premier US military minds are worried about it? Think about the chaos and angst stirred by migration right now - waves of people fleeing military conflict or terrorism in their home countries. Now imagine that turned up to 11 because people are fleeing climate related disasters. Crops failing, drought, flooding. What does the Middle East look like in 10-20 years? What does Europe do in a similar timeline, facing mass migration and the right wing lurch that tends to cause? Hell look at South American migration. What's the long term impact of Brazil's government fucking up the Amazon.

Imagine the US military response that will be "required" by much of this. Given how pedestrian Chinese weapons systems are compared to the US, I don't see this being some far fetched opinion.

That being said, giving a speech to active duty military and telling them global warming is the biggest threat seems pretty laughable but hey....Biden being Biden has gotten him this far and it's working so uh...maybe internet hand wringling do not matter, as the kids say.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
The only real mistake Biden made is to pick Kamala.

She's terrible at all this.  :doge
🤴

benjipwns

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I'm not even someone who is a big global warming guy but...is it surprising that premier US military minds are worried about it? Think about the chaos and angst stirred by migration right now - waves of people fleeing military conflict or terrorism in their home countries. Now imagine that turned up to 11 because people are fleeing climate related disasters. Crops failing, drought, flooding. What does the Middle East look like in 10-20 years? What does Europe do in a similar timeline, facing mass migration and the right wing lurch that tends to cause? Hell look at South American migration. What's the long term impact of Brazil's government fucking up the Amazon.

Imagine the US military response that will be "required" by much of this. Given how pedestrian Chinese weapons systems are compared to the US, I don't see this being some far fetched opinion.

That being said, giving a speech to active duty military and telling them global warming is the biggest threat seems pretty laughable but hey....Biden being Biden has gotten him this far and it's working so uh...maybe internet hand wringling do not matter, as the kids say.

It's surprising that our top military minds would be worried about a liberal lie that was invented just to get research grants.
dog

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
:trumps :mynicca   :karen  :brazilcry

🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
https://twitter.com/PollTrackerUSA/status/1403437920275533830
Turmp is going to be even more braindead in '24 than he was his entire time in office, they can run him if they want but even with all the voter suppression shit they're shoving through he probably won't win. :yeshrug
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Trump/DeSantis could beat Biden/Harris.

Ironically both parties need him on the ballot for another record turn-out.
If the sentiment is : "Trump can't possibly win" he likely will.
🤴

benjipwns

https://nypost.com/2021/06/12/hamas-unloads-on-ilhan-omar-for-comparing-terror-group-to-the-u-s/
Omar “equated between the victim and the executioner,” Basem Naim of Hamas’ International Relations Office complained in a statement that took issue with her Monday post on Twitter.

“it is unacceptable to make such an unfair comparison, which contradicts with basic norms of justice and international law,” Naim continued
:hamascry

Skullfuckers Anonymous

The humanitarian states of America are back baby!

https://mobile.twitter.com/USinTT/status/1404227576789454849

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
god bless :rejoice
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://nypost.com/2021/06/12/hamas-unloads-on-ilhan-omar-for-comparing-terror-group-to-the-u-s/
Omar “equated between the victim and the executioner,” Basem Naim of Hamas’ International Relations Office complained in a statement that took issue with her Monday post on Twitter.

“it is unacceptable to make such an unfair comparison, which contradicts with basic norms of justice and international law,” Naim continued
:hamascry

"Hamas respects our laws more than the Democrats do. Hamas for Trump can you believe it?" :trumps
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

The humanitarian states of America are back baby!

We could not have done this without you!

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeamPelosi/status/1404438475177226247