Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 317820 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Resist Australian-style Fascism
« Reply #4260 on: November 14, 2021, 10:35:56 PM »
Ben and Jerry's new flavor is straw man.

(Image removed from quote.)
This is what happens when you let millennials run social media channels. Hot takes and low intelligence analysis of issues that have nothing to do with fucking ice cream.

Social media metrics might tell you how many "likes" and "Yas Queens" a tweet got, but they don't measure the deep damage that's done to a brand name from advocating for the dismantling of the rule of law and the presumption of innocence.
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4261 on: November 15, 2021, 11:16:50 AM »
Ben and Jerry's new flavor is straw man.

(Image removed from quote.)
This is what happens when you let millennials run social media channels. Hot takes and low intelligence analysis of issues that have nothing to do with fucking ice cream.

Social media metrics might tell you how many "likes" and "Yas Queens" a tweet got, but they don't measure the deep damage that's done to a brand name from advocating for the dismantling of the rule of law and the presumption of innocence.

Pretty sure those are ben and jerrry's hot takes.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #4262 on: November 15, 2021, 12:03:40 PM »
Ben and Jeryys Salty Nutz
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4263 on: November 15, 2021, 01:11:32 PM »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4264 on: November 15, 2021, 01:22:49 PM »
Bannon auditioning for Homeland : New Patriot on showtime.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4268 on: November 15, 2021, 07:25:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1460398412919193612

“Liz Cheney stopped recognizing what Wyomingites care about a long time ago. When she launched her war against President Trump, she completely broke with where we are as a state,” Hageman added to the newspaper.
:trumps

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1460401227544547329

"The signal, not the noise." says the man who makes a lot of noise.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 07:31:06 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4269 on: November 16, 2021, 06:50:21 PM »
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/west-wing-playbook/2021/11/16/vps-office-circles-the-wagons-around-harris-495123
enjoy some of the pomp and circumstance that comes with traveling abroad. But her absence from Washington at a time when the administration was pushing through its biggest policy achievement to date became part of that story
the only solution for the White House is to defend her and give her something positive to work on — not a collection of complex issues that are intractable or fraught politically.
‘We nip this in the bud. We’re done,’” the strategist said. “And I have a feeling that probably once every three or four months there’s going to be a story like this.”

literally VEEP still
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

benjipwns

« Reply #4271 on: November 17, 2021, 04:58:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/stengel/status/1461033521812840453

Political analyst @MSNBC. Former Under Secretary of State in Obama admin & Editor @TIME & CEO of Nat'l Constitution Ctr.

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4273 on: November 17, 2021, 05:51:41 PM »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #4274 on: November 17, 2021, 10:17:44 PM »
The College Republicans were imploding over accusations not too long ago (last year sometime? earlier this year?) and now it's the Democrats turn: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/17/college-democrats-of-america-dnc-522864
The group’s leaders are publicly firing off accusations of anti-Blackness, Islamaphobia and anti-Semitism at each other. Impeachment proceedings are now in the works against the organization’s new vice president, Nourhan Mesbah, who is Muslim. College Democrats say that screenshots of tweets that their peers sent in adolescence spread rapidly through group texts, which already caused a student running for president of the group to withdraw their candidacy in September. And national advocacy groups for Muslim and Jewish Americans are now weighing in with criticism.

The conflict has gotten so messy that the Democratic National Committee is considering disaffiliating with the national collegiate organization altogether and creating a partnership with the state groups underneath the national umbrella, according to a Democrat familiar with the discussions.
The controversy began in September when Tasneem Ahmad Al-Michael, a Muslim and former vice president of the CDA abruptly ended his presidential campaign after a 2014 tweet in which he used a racial slur resurfaced, CDA members involved in the election said. He said the subsequent attacks on him and his campaign team prompted him to pull out of the race. “What I said as a 15 year old prior to being in politics was ignorant, inappropriate, and flat out wrong,” Al-Michael said in a text message to POLITICO. “It doesn’t define me, my character, or invalidate the work that I continue to do.”

New president and vice presidential candidates subsequently emerged, including Mesbah, who was serving as the CDA’s director of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA).

The day before the election, the CDA’s Jewish Caucus began sharing a screenshot of a 2016 tweet Mesbah wrote while watching a debate between Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump.

A 13-year-old at the time, Mesbah wrote, "I blame this debate on the yahood," an Arabic word which is sometimes used as a slur against Jewish people. She also tagged another user with a history of anti-Semitic tweets.
On Nov. 12, Mesbah’s successor as IDEA director, Jeremy Ward, released a report calling for Mesbah to resign as vice president “due to the harm caused to two different communities.”

Ward had initially announced the independent investigation into Mesbah’s conduct in September. Circulated internally on Nov. 10, it concluded that Mesbah’s past tweet was anti-Semitic and that her claims of Islamaphobia were unfounded.

It also included a new accusation that Mesbah exhibited “a pattern of discrimination against members of the black community, specifically black women.” Ward wrote that the report did not disclose any specific instances of “anti-blackness” behavior so as to ensure that those who had complained would not face retribution or harassment.

benjipwns

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4276 on: November 18, 2021, 12:32:03 AM »
Super happy that pouting vegan manbaby and failed actor QAnon Shaman is also a failed political actor: sentenced to 41 months for trying to pass sedition off as bad cosplay.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jacob-chansley-qanon-shaman-sentenced-january-6-attack-capitol/

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4277 on: November 18, 2021, 01:57:07 AM »
they're not being hanged for treason?  :pacspit

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4278 on: November 18, 2021, 04:30:27 AM »
they're not being hanged for treason?  :pacspit

Jacob Chansley, 34, from Phoenix, Arizona, pleaded guilty in September to one felony count of obstruction for his role in trying to block the counting of the 2020 Electoral College votes. He faced a maximum of 20 years in prison on the charge, but federal prosecutors sought a sentence of 51 months, the longest requested sentence in a January 6 investigation to date.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4279 on: November 19, 2021, 11:35:58 AM »
:drudge

Oh fuck get into your bunkers everyone.

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1461721710001012736

This is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill.
I've never seen anyone describe a colonoscopy as a 'routine' procedure either.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #4280 on: November 19, 2021, 11:49:26 AM »
translation: biden is out of action while he gets fricked up the anus :shaq
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4281 on: November 19, 2021, 12:50:00 PM »
translation: biden is out of action while he gets fricked up the anus :shaq
They are replacing the batteries of the control probe
🤴

james

« Reply #4282 on: November 19, 2021, 12:58:29 PM »
Sleepy joe
:O

Kurt Russell

« Reply #4283 on: November 19, 2021, 01:32:25 PM »
Rittenhouse not guilty.

Bored from BTFO.
woke

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4285 on: November 19, 2021, 02:13:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1461764867984035840

Drain the swamp, file lawsuits against CNN :american
🤴

Kurt Russell

« Reply #4286 on: November 19, 2021, 04:52:37 PM »
woke

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4288 on: November 19, 2021, 06:23:53 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #4289 on: November 19, 2021, 07:21:00 PM »
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 07:25:57 PM by benjipwns »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4290 on: November 20, 2021, 06:56:16 PM »
Former President Donald Trump today shocked the publishing world that has tried to cancel his administration by revealing that he is releasing his first post-White House book in December, titled Our Journey Together .

The huge book, printed in America, is a coffee table style collection of photographs that the former president selected himself. He even wrote the captions, offering praise and scorn where he felt it was needed.
Trump's going to release a picture book with commentary, you can't make this shit up

🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4291 on: November 22, 2021, 03:49:55 AM »
https://twitter.com/HarrisonKrank/status/1462543045824495619
 :pika

The former president vowed that he would look to wear the taekwondo clothing in Congress should he make a return to the White House in the future.
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4292 on: November 22, 2021, 11:02:39 AM »
The former president vowed that he would look to wear the taekwondo clothing in Congress should he make a return to the White House in the future.

Need some Nintex fanfic on this ASAP
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4293 on: November 22, 2021, 12:05:55 PM »
Nothing yet from Joemala but there is a message from the PresidentTM

Need some Nintex fanfic on this ASAP

"I used to sell many condo's to the Thai. They are great people, great fighters and tremendous spirit. That's what this country needs, the spirit of Tai Condo. They are totally honored that I'm wearing their traditional clothes which were made in Japan by the way. The black belt that's the biggest... that's like the most amazing... they only hand these out to the greatest fighters like Trump. You couldn't get one Chris."
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #4294 on: November 22, 2021, 12:09:56 PM »
Imagine if Taekwondo Trump was in Street Fighter 6 or Tekken 8 :lawd
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4295 on: November 22, 2021, 12:42:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/TaekwondoTrump following 111 accounts  8)
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #4297 on: November 22, 2021, 09:11:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/1462800131137601536

DC twitter is so weird, dude's mad because a rumor he believed doesn't turn out to be true and he blames who the rumor was about?

I'm all for the SC killing SR8 as savagely as possible but I don't mind them taking the time to do it properly, they're already expediating the case a huge amount and there's potentially a dangerous precedent to set with this law in having to climb to five votes.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4298 on: November 22, 2021, 09:47:16 PM »
DC twitter is so weird, dude's mad because a rumor he believed doesn't turn out to be true and he blames who the rumor was about?

Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #4300 on: November 24, 2021, 12:55:36 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/r0xc51/no_one_saw_this_coming/

To no one’s surprise…
Poor kid from Illinois who just got out of court: nice fitted suit
Former President who claims to be a billionaire: yet another suit that doesn't fit

benjipwns

« Reply #4301 on: November 24, 2021, 01:21:12 PM »
Great Moments in The Atlantic (by the same writer!)

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4302 on: November 24, 2021, 02:42:32 PM »
Commies  ::)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4303 on: November 24, 2021, 03:06:46 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/r0xc51/no_one_saw_this_coming/

To no one’s surprise…
Poor kid from Illinois who just got out of court: nice fitted suit
Former President who claims to be a billionaire: yet another suit that doesn't fit
https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1463342729547554816

Trump also took the time to reenact the response of Abdul the leader of the Taliban as the US left Afghanistan.
https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1463341317430431748
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 03:12:56 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #4304 on: November 24, 2021, 04:49:54 PM »
President Biden will start turning asylum seekers back to Mexico as soon as next week under a reinstated Trump-era "Remain in Mexico" program — but will offer them the option to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, Axios has learned.

Under court orders, the president will officially undo a key immigration promise, which will force asylum-seekers to wait months in Mexico ahead of their immigration court hearings in the U.S. — as long as Mexico accepts them.
:camby

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4305 on: November 24, 2021, 05:48:35 PM »
 :maduro

benjipwns

« Reply #4306 on: November 24, 2021, 07:40:43 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/they-need-to-take-responsibility-federal-judge-orders-hefty-fees-assessed-against-two-lawyers-who-filed-suit-challenging-2020-election/2021/11/22/b7ff5392-4be7-11ec-b0b0-766bbbe79347_story.html
A federal judge has ordered two Colorado lawyers who filed a lawsuit late last year challenging the 2020 election results to pay nearly $187,000 to defray the legal fees of groups they sued, arguing that the hefty penalty was proper to deter others from using frivolous suits to undermine the democratic system.

“As officers of the Court, these attorneys have a higher duty and calling that requires meaningful investigation before prematurely repeating in court pleadings unverified and uninvestigated defamatory rumors that strike at the heart of our democratic system and were used by others to foment a violent insurrection that threatened our system of government,” Magistrate Judge N. Reid Neureiter wrote.

“They are experienced lawyers who should have known better. They need to take responsibility for their misconduct,” he wrote.
The two lawyers, Gary D. Fielder and Ernest John Walker, filed the case in December 2020 as a class action on behalf of 160 million American voters, alleging there was a complicated plot to steal the election from President Donald Trump and give the victory to Joe Biden.

The two argued that a scheme was engineered by the voting machine vendor Dominion Voting Systems; the tech company Facebook, its founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan; and elected officials in four states. They had sought $160 billion in damages.

Their case was dismissed in April. In August, Neureiter ruled that the attorneys had violated their ethical obligations by filing it in the first place, arguing that the duo had run afoul of legal rules that prohibit clogging the courts with frivolous motions and lodging information in court that is not true. At the time, he called their suit “the stuff of which violent insurrections are made,” alleging they made little effort to determine the truth of their conspiratorial claims before filing them in court. He ordered them to pay the legal fees of all of the many entities they had sued.

In a statement, Fielder called the order “unfathomable” and noted that the court’s sanctions and its dismissal of his original case are under appeal.

“We are not going to stop fighting for the rights of the people to vote in free and fair Presidential elections. This is the cross to die on,” he wrote.
What’s more, Neureiter wrote, the hefty fees were appropriate given “the severity of the violation” and because the lawyers had solicited donations from the “arguably innocent and gullible public” to fund their suit. He said he weighed whether the penalties could chill future legitimate lawsuits but concluded that “the repetition of defamatory and potentially dangerous unverified allegations is the kind of ‘advocacy’ that needs to be chilled.”

edit: from the judge:
In assessing the amount of the sanction, I also take into account the fact that Plaintiffs' counsel made a public appeal for financial contributions from arguably innocent and gullible members of the public in order to supposedly hire experts to support this case. . . . In reality, as disclosed at the hearing on sanctions, Plaintiffs' counsel hired no experts, either before or after filing the Complaints, and did not speak to any of the alleged experts that were being used in other cases around the country. Given the apparent lack of standing to bring this case—and its likely failure given the existing Supreme Court precedent on the issue of standing—as well as the failure to hire or speak to any expert witnesses to support the underlying factual assertions in the Complaints, this financial appeal to the public for financial contributions was arguably deceptive.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 08:28:53 PM by benjipwns »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4307 on: November 25, 2021, 02:48:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1463914283654389767

With Kamala and Joe tanking they are trying to make Pete happen again.  :doge
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #4308 on: November 25, 2021, 09:35:33 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4309 on: November 26, 2021, 02:54:52 AM »
He should be impeached for that horrible typeface and the lack of spacing
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #4310 on: November 26, 2021, 06:54:05 AM »
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1463914283654389767

With Kamala and Joe tanking they are trying to make Pete happen again.  :doge

boot edge edge is a CIA snitch :pacspit
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4311 on: November 26, 2021, 06:42:53 PM »
The most powerful Secretary of Transportation in modern memory. :jeb Suck a dick, Elaine Chao, you'll never be a presidential also-ran.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4312 on: November 26, 2021, 06:51:09 PM »
Buttigieg is probably America's rebound after they're done dating their wild ex again, again.
🤴

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4315 on: November 27, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »
Did Trump just literally call himself a turkey and then celebrate by dancing to a gay anthem?
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4317 on: November 28, 2021, 07:38:28 PM »
We had a famous musician (Midnight Oil frontman Peter Garrett) get into federal politics.

Turns out politics is much harder than ranting on stage about whatever socialist/environmentalist talking point.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

james

« Reply #4319 on: November 29, 2021, 03:33:50 PM »
Trump runs for president
Trump wins republican nomination
Biden nominates Trump to supreme court
Trump takes the offer and his VP, the pillow guy, loses 20-80