Author Topic: E3 hopes and dreams - THE DARKNESS IS SO THICK WE CAN TASTE IT  (Read 17322 times)

Bebpo

Re: E3 hopes and dreams
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2021, 05:05:31 PM »
Also SE still thinks “western audience focused” is edgy shit. It’s like they’ve never left the X360/PS3 era.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
and going by the visuals, maybe they haven’t!
[close]

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2021, 05:08:57 PM »
It looks like the kind of out of touch shit I absolutely love. Hoping for some Shadow the Hedgehog tier edge.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #182 on: June 13, 2021, 05:09:08 PM »
I can't believe the main man in edgelords of chaos is wearing a fucking henley :heh

and mma gloves to show that he's a bad ass who is NOT to be messed with :punch
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2021, 05:13:38 PM »
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2021, 05:25:26 PM »
Demo is live in the store, but when you download it the data is corrupted and cannot be launched  :lol
Margs

BIONIC

Margs

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2021, 05:32:24 PM »
God, imagine WANTING to play that game after watching the trailer
yar

BIONIC

« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2021, 05:37:17 PM »
Eh, Nioh had a dogshit story too, but was fun to play. I’m interested to see if it’s the case here.
Margs

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2021, 06:03:52 PM »
Stranger of Paradise on GamePass  :rejoice
fat

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2021, 06:07:26 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2021, 06:19:49 PM »
I love how Square Enix after all these years and billions still manages to be the garage developer that has absolutely no idea what they're doing.
Although I have to admit, it takes skill to take something like Guardians of the Galaxy and make it boring and to release a broken demo during E3 night.  :doge
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2021, 06:21:11 PM »
I love how Square Enix after all these years and billions still manages to be the garage developer that has absolutely no idea what they're doing.
Although I have to admit, it takes skill to take something like Guardians of the Galaxy and make it boring and to release a broken demo during E3 night.  :doge

They're definitely mismanaged at some higher board level.

Bebpo

« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2021, 06:26:03 PM »
The sad thing is as dumb as this shit is, if it was at least a new FF Nioh game like the rumors were saying I'd play it since I like souls games.

This just looks like a crappy DMC game. I wonder if the NG3 team is doing it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2021, 06:44:45 PM »
Rumour:

omg going back to Final Fantasy roots with hardcore gameplay

Nomura:

Himu

« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2021, 06:45:26 PM »
Final Fantasy died in 2006.
IYKYK

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2021, 06:46:43 PM »
FF1-6 not coming to consoles at the same time as pc is some money grabbing desperate bullshit even for Square.

Bebpo

« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2021, 06:51:24 PM »
Fwiw, I'm not blaming this on Nomura or Nojima at all. They're both pretty talented and generally make good decisions. Also main guy is not belt-heavy.

I feel like the tone of Chaos game is coming from the SE board and the crappiness of the engine/gameplay/gfx is coming from Team Ninja's low effort team.

BIONIC

« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2021, 06:53:28 PM »
Fwiw, I'm not blaming this on Nomura or Nojima at all. They're both pretty talented and generally make good decisions. Also main guy is not belt-heavy.

I feel like the tone of Chaos game is coming from the SE board and the crappiness of the engine/gameplay/gfx is coming from Team Ninja's low effort team.

https://images.gamespress.com/Content/Artwork/NickNack/Square-Enix/artwork/2021/06/13210640-870d9c5c-26ff-432e-b1cd-899d72cb9275/Origin_-_Developer_Comments_EN_FINAL.pdf?lightbox=y&ex=2021-08-01+03%3A00%3A00&sky=8b3307ede4d2db813f2129f8b4c19d964b51469b074273a2534a9bf69e60657b
Margs

Bebpo

« Reply #200 on: June 13, 2021, 07:00:29 PM »
Yes, angry man concept was Nomura. But you can have an angry man concept and have a good looking game come out of it. People sure like God of War. There's a lot of steps in-between. And this team at Team Ninja was responsible for most of those steps. This is not being developed in-house at SE.

Someone compared it to Other M, which is probably apt and the game will probably be about as good.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2021, 07:03:14 PM »
at least going super edge has people talking :trumps
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2021, 07:13:52 PM »
🤴

Himu

« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2021, 07:17:06 PM »
Didn't gabe lose weight

What happen
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2021, 08:08:07 PM »
Game Pass :success

Bebpo

« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2021, 08:16:52 PM »
Wait, where the hell is forspoken?

Isn’t that support to be 2021 or before March 2022 release?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2021, 09:20:02 PM »
Such a shame. FF and Square in general have been on the up and up recently.

Boredfrom

« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2021, 10:41:56 PM »
That trailer of Stranger of Paradise is solid gold.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2021, 12:05:59 AM »
I'm calling it now. That FF game is going to go through development hell.

Boredfrom

« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2021, 12:16:02 AM »
Why? This is perfection.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2021, 12:19:32 AM »
No, this is utter chaos.

« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2021, 12:20:59 AM »
Why does it look like they took the Cor character model from FF15, bleached his hair and put him in a torn onesie?

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2021, 12:38:29 AM »
ngl, pretty keen to play this final fantasy origins game. looks hilarious and it could be kinda good. this gens binary domain?
◕‿◕

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2021, 12:48:26 AM »
Also SE still thinks “western audience focused” is edgy shit. It’s like they’ve never left the X360/PS3 era.

[close]

Yeah that whole thing felt like a game frozen in time since the 360 era. Everything from graphics, to character designs, to the 'attitude' and vibe of it.

That SE show was garbo. The FF pixel remasters (oh cool, a 2D remake of 3!!) are only on mobile and PC. Babylon's Fall is a service game. Everything else was cape shit or just plain shit. My most wanted game from them is a remake of a game from 1988.
^_^

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2021, 01:03:58 AM »
Wait, where the hell is forspoken?

Isn’t that support to be 2021 or before March 2022 release?
The rumor is that and FF-16 are going to be on a Sony State of Play this summer.

Boredfrom

« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2021, 01:33:34 AM »
That Guardians of the Galaxy game looks decent, but sure as fuck I would have preferred a new Deus Ex.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2021, 02:12:42 AM »
I was just having some fun.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2021, 02:43:40 AM »

It looks pretty Apex-y, and not just because of the grapple hooks. The first shot is of someone doing a crouch slide, but then the whole rest of the trailer you don't see anyone doing a crouch slide?

I know Halo optimism is frowned upon but this doesn't look half bad

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2021, 02:48:05 AM »

[close]
I mean, the whole of last gen they were stuck in the PS2/XBOX/GC era, sooooooooo.......
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2021, 03:02:32 AM »
"free2play multiplayer Halo..." :nope

"...with grapple hooks" :ohyeah

Propagandhim

« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2021, 03:47:54 AM »
Laughing to tears watching that FF Origins trailer.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2021, 04:25:59 AM »
The MS conference was very good in my opinion, but everything else was mostly pointless or disappointingly bad (like Ubi and SE).
Still there were a couple of cool games at the Future Games Show, surprisingly.

I think some key MIA titles (like FFXVI) were held back by Sony though, that for some reason decided to have their thing weeks from now.  ::)

I had no expectations going in though, so i'm cool so far, had a lot of fun watching even the bad conferences, because of the commentary of some steamers i follow that were ripping into them, but that's been true for years, i would never watch these conferences "clean".

EDIT: Forgot to say though, as much as i enjoyed the MS conf. not showing Halo's campaign was absurd, and closing with that game from Arkane was lame, i would've swapped and closed with Forza Horizon 5.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 05:55:24 AM by Don Rumata »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2021, 05:12:41 AM »
Do you guys think the Xbox Mini Fridge'll support raytracing?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2021, 08:34:44 AM »

Soulstice looks cool.
Also rare title from Italy that does.  :salute

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2021, 08:43:47 AM »
I rewatched the final fantasy chaos: edge of chaos trailer again and I'm legit hyped for the game now, its hilarious :lol

imagine if it was just some comeptent but kinda bland looking medieval shid with a few final fantasy monsters and bosses, no one would have gave a shit, and would have been overshadowed by elden ring :trumps
(ice)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2021, 09:00:21 AM »

Not a big fan of the Remothered guy with his self indulgent Clock Tower spin off games?

Most fun I had with his games is when he got angry at the streamer I was watching streaming his games. No making fun of his terrible writing.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2021, 09:02:48 AM »
I rewatched the final fantasy chaos: edge of chaos trailer again and I'm legit hyped for the game now, its hilarious :lol

imagine if it was just some comeptent but kinda bland looking medieval shid with a few final fantasy monsters and bosses, no one would have gave a shit, and would have been overshadowed by elden ring :trumps

what i'm saying is that, i too, want to kill chaos :rash
(ice)

BIONIC

« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2021, 09:53:14 AM »
I’ve always wanted to play an Angry Man Game ™

Nomura the god  :rejoice
Margs

paprikastaude

« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »
seeing people actually hyping MS  :info

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2021, 09:59:17 AM »

Not a big fan of the Remothered guy with his self indulgent Clock Tower spin off games?

Most fun I had with his games is when he got angry at the streamer I was watching streaming his games. No making fun of his terrible writing.
No i tried playing the first one, and i liked the atmosphere, but too much jank, and i hate those hide and seek horror games anyway.
I guess Mario + Rabbids and Assetto Corsa are the best titles developed here atm.

« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2021, 10:16:00 AM »
MS spent 20 years fucking over pc gamers with the Xbox (imploding good devs like ensemble, and their own pc game development houses), pushing the crap ass game for windows live that left a span of games broken nowadays unless the devs go back and rip out that shit out of them, then tried to push that universal windows platform shit instead of just keeping with win32, and that leaves a hot mess of encrypted, unviewable, unmoddable folders on my own goddamn pc.

Their store app is a is a dumpster fire that may or may not break installs, may or may not let you uninstall stuff at al even, and is still whack in 2021. So I’m not all on the MS hype train, I don’t care how much game developer welfare checks they are sending out nowadays.

That being said them buying out developers that were about dead (double fine, obsidian, inexile) or definitely starting to stumble (Bethesda Fallout 4, and 76), imo is the best possible shot I have at getting good fallout games again. Now if only obsidian would do New Vegas 2, and put a bullet in the head of Outer Worlds. I mean why settle for the dollar store diet version of new vegas, when they can make the real thing again.

:aah

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #231 on: June 14, 2021, 10:24:39 AM »

Game Pass  :bernie
fat

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2021, 11:07:15 AM »
The xbox store isn't great, but I never had much trouble with it. It's mostly just navigating it I don't like. Have a friend who cant even uninstall games he installed through it though  :lol

But yeah, MS have really fucked up many devs the last 20 years. But right now gamepass is amazing value, so I keep it until it isnt anymore.  :trumps

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2021, 11:20:10 AM »
Gamepass is godlike, and there were actually cool looking titles, also Stalker2 surprisingly looked great, hopefully it's not vaporware.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2021, 11:45:43 AM »
Microsoft still owes us about $20 billion in video game development to undo all the damage they have caused but they seem really commited to live up to their end of the bargain and give us those games for 'free'.

Also with Joe Staten being Cortana's daddy again we might actually get good HALO's again.
With that said, still absolutely no reason to buy a Series X for a while yet as the games I'm most looking forward to (Age of Empires and Stalker 2) are both PC titles and the rest run fine on Xbox One X.
I guess at some point they're going to stop optimizing games for One X to speed that process along. Unlike last year they already stopped mentioning the Xbox One machines in their PR babble.

Another plus is that Microsoft had no audience. No employees clapping and hollering hysterically when they hear the word Xbox.
Imagine what happens when you have both Xbox and Bethesda groupies cheering for Todd  :stahp
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2021, 11:48:57 AM »
I mean... if there was one crystal clear underlying message from the Ms presser, it was "don't waste your money buying games day 1 any more lads, gamepass that shit then pick it up for pennies on the dollar if you still like it when it moves out of rotation"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #236 on: June 14, 2021, 12:27:37 PM »
The underlying message from the Square Enix presser was "make this pain stop"
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #237 on: June 14, 2021, 12:32:37 PM »

Play all these blatant 6/10s for free which you would've never touched anyway (for good reason).  :steel Already got EGS for that :goldberg

e: but then again, I never was in the MS/Bethesda dudebro target audience anyway and couldn't care less about what's happening in that vampire hipster CG trailer. Their only good conference I remember is when they grabbed marketing rights to typical Sony/Nintendo audience games like Devil May Cry or Tales.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 12:43:57 PM by Spieler1 »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2021, 12:34:58 PM »

"I don't care what I eat, I just want to eat"

Spieler: as much shit as I give him for it (see above) demi fucking loves him some shitty games. Dude legit stanned Advent Rising on release. So gamepass makes perfect sense for him, it's still just a lie for most people.
yar

« Reply #239 on: June 14, 2021, 12:39:22 PM »
I like when people hype wasteland 2 like it’s a good game, it’s kinda not… and they made the ui even more of a confusing over engineered clusterfuck that it makes the Fallout 1 and 2 ui look great, which is a feat in itself :lol. And this is coming from someone who kickstarted both the games high enough to get my name in the credits….  :derp

Edit: Demi hyped phantom dust also I believe, fool me once etc etc  ;)