Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1821958 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #23580 on: July 01, 2022, 04:23:53 PM »
Read the LA Times article because why not:

Asked whether she felt the pledge had helped undo missteps of the past, Kauffman insisted she was not finished.

“I feel I was finally able to make some difference in the conversation,” Kauffman said. “I have to say, after agreeing to this and when I stopped sweating, it didn’t unburden me, but it lifted me up. But until in my next production I can do it right, it isn’t over. I want to make sure from now on in every production I do that I am conscious in hiring people of color and actively pursue young writers of color. I want to know I will act differently from now on. And then I will feel unburdened.”

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #23581 on: July 01, 2022, 04:25:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98friends%E2%80%99-creator-donates-4-million-due-to-%E2%80%98guilt%E2%80%99-and-embarrassment-over-show%E2%80%99s-zero-diversity.602796/page-2#post-89365155
NepNep
Another funny thing about folks saying "I don't see YOU donating 1% of your net worth" is how quickly they forget marginal utility exists, and it's more noticeable now during a fucking pandemic and economic downturn.

When Republicans harass people for not having enough money, we're able to understand "hey, people live paycheck to paycheck and likely have things like student and medical debt." When a rich white person donates money to Black folks they can easily afford to miss while still living a life most of us will never experience, and the Blacks aren't super impressed with the gesture and aren't groveling about it, suddenly y'all turn on us and go "Well, what are YOU doing?!"

Bitch, I'm trying to survive.
:whatisthis

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23582 on: July 01, 2022, 04:28:53 PM »
Remember when people pointed out that it's a bit messed up that all the mods work for free while Cerium makes off with 3 million? Nepenthes response was to open a gofundme and ask the community to pay her then

She is not very smart.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23583 on: July 01, 2022, 04:29:28 PM »
That’s why her step father indebted her for a Nissan.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23584 on: July 01, 2022, 04:31:16 PM »
Read the LA Times article because why not:

Asked whether she felt the pledge had helped undo missteps of the past, Kauffman insisted she was not finished.

“I feel I was finally able to make some difference in the conversation,” Kauffman said. “I have to say, after agreeing to this and when I stopped sweating, it didn’t unburden me, but it lifted me up. But until in my next production I can do it right, it isn’t over. I want to make sure from now on in every production I do that I am conscious in hiring people of color and actively pursue young writers of color. I want to know I will act differently from now on. And then I will feel unburdened.”
Fuck this white bitch is just going to continue to demand praise while doing nothing to end systemic racism?

benjipwns

« Reply #23585 on: July 01, 2022, 04:32:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98friends%E2%80%99-creator-donates-4-million-due-to-%E2%80%98guilt%E2%80%99-and-embarrassment-over-show%E2%80%99s-zero-diversity.602796/page-2#post-89365155
NepNep
Another funny thing about folks saying "I don't see YOU donating 1% of your net worth" is how quickly they forget marginal utility exists, and it's more noticeable now during a fucking pandemic and economic downturn.

When Republicans harass people for not having enough money, we're able to understand "hey, people live paycheck to paycheck and likely have things like student and medical debt." When a rich white person donates money to Black folks they can easily afford to miss while still living a life most of us will never experience, and the Blacks aren't super impressed with the gesture and aren't groveling about it, suddenly y'all turn on us and go "Well, what are YOU doing?!"

Bitch, I'm trying to survive.
:whatisthis
She's really having problems distinguishing herself from all Black people lately.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #23586 on: July 01, 2022, 04:52:46 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23587 on: July 01, 2022, 05:02:05 PM »
oh neat they updated the thread title:

Ezra Miller (They/Them) Accused of Harassing Woman in Germany, and Iceland Choking Victim Breaks Her Silence (EXCLUSIVE)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23588 on: July 01, 2022, 05:03:51 PM »
oh neat they updated the thread title:

Ezra Miller (They/Them) Accused of Harassing Woman in Germany, and Iceland Choking Victim Breaks Her Silence (EXCLUSIVE)

At this point they could just drop the Ezra Miller

"They/Them accused of eating human flesh"

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23589 on: July 01, 2022, 05:10:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hbo-max-has-removed-some-tbs-tnt-shows-off-the-service.602715/#post-89356488
So shortly after the new CEO takes over HBO Max starts doing business with Russia again (including licensing their "content" for the whole "territory" of Ukraine, instead of via any Ukrainian companies, almost as if the contract was written with the expectation of Russia having taken over already), drops a bunch of anime, and drops a bunch of TBS/TNT shows they already own?

What's going on?
https://mobile.twitter.com/minimall/status/1541898791921631233
:ussrcry

benjipwns

« Reply #23590 on: July 01, 2022, 05:25:17 PM »
 :lol at all the unhinged replies to that tweet

It was a deal signed last August not anything new from the new CEO. No idea where the ResetERA.com poster is getting that "territory" stuff from to support his delusional conspiracy theory about them signing a Russian victory contract for the war they were privy to months before it happened.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #23591 on: July 01, 2022, 05:51:22 PM »
Quote from: BossAttack
I dunno how that dude wasn't fired on the spot. I mean, I probably know why. But sheesh. 

Religious freedom?

It’s America, if they want to fire him they can find a reason if they even need to give one.  If he wants to prosthelytize he can go work at a church :trumps

So worker rights only if it benefits people  with the same beliefs?

The reality is no workers rights at all  :snob

benjipwns

« Reply #23592 on: July 01, 2022, 06:59:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1543001990942318594

THIS BITCH JUST NEVER STOPS WITH HER HATE, GET A HOBBY JOANNE :social

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23593 on: July 01, 2022, 07:12:31 PM »
Pipe bombs?

What the hell is this, Duke Nukem 3D?
🤴

ShutUp

« Reply #23594 on: July 01, 2022, 07:43:11 PM »
Sorry if I don't want to applaud a self congratulatory action, for which she will receive not only publicity but also tax rebates, regardless if it is a positive one. Rich people doing "charity" is never just charity. If it was we wouldn't be hearing about it. So forgive me if I'm not impressed.

Not saying the scholarships will not benefit people, and that looking back and realizing you could have done better is not a good thing. Both of those things are good. But again, it's never just charity.

So…never try to do better or acknowledge past mistakes and just stick to what works for you? Got it.

And did they seriously think the creator of Friends wasn’t going to get publicity for this? Friends is STILL fucking popular despite long, long since being over.  :lol at thinking in the age of social media that someone involved with this wouldn’t tweet about it, even if she didn’t want it public

« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 02:59:54 AM by ShutUp »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #23595 on: July 01, 2022, 09:17:29 PM »
I guess we learned the best way to piss off Era.  Donate money to black people.
 :doge
sigh

BrokenVerses

« Reply #23596 on: July 01, 2022, 09:41:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1543001990942318594

THIS BITCH JUST NEVER STOPS WITH HER HATE, GET A HOBBY JOANNE :social

Is it just me or does "Joanne" get more vitriol than a lot of actual conservative culture war politicians like DeSantis and company?

Propagandhim

« Reply #23597 on: July 01, 2022, 09:41:47 PM »
Nepenthe's day is ruined.    :goty2

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #23598 on: July 01, 2022, 09:47:31 PM »
Libtards treat the groups they "own" when they misbehave aka wrong think, a lost worse than they do Repubs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 09:57:40 PM by D3RANG3D »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23599 on: July 01, 2022, 09:48:37 PM »
I feel like they could claim this dude's creating a hostile work environment / gender discrimination, against corporate policy towards women's health and whatnot just as easily tho.
Then the employee would sue, lower courts would agree with Bethesda, appeal and then goes to the SCOTUS. The nutjobs justices would side with the bigot.

It really pisses me off how emboldened these pieces of shit are.
Anyone trying to impose religious believes on others should be fired on the spot.
Fuck that guy. Honestly. Creating hostile environments using their religious beliefs shouldn't be protected. Imposing their religious beliefs should be a crime.
Unless you work in an actual church or for a religious-based employer, you should be instantly terminated for quoting the bible ELEVEN times while ranting in support of Roe v Wade being overturned. Leave your fucking zealotry at the door.
:rofl

These dudes are all making up law while being ignorant of the actual law (they would otherwise support for protecting employees) and getting angry about their made up law.

Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23600 on: July 01, 2022, 09:52:33 PM »
d know I made a mistake!” bullshit on the surface.

Looks like a donation and tax write off to me

Imagine not knowing most people that make donations and get tax write offs usually have to take money out of tax shelters to do so.

benjipwns

« Reply #23601 on: July 01, 2022, 09:59:26 PM »
Look at that cracker bitch donating her crackers.

benjipwns

« Reply #23602 on: July 01, 2022, 10:05:30 PM »
I remember Nepenthe and some other "similar" members outlining the steps someone would have to take to be forgiven if they had said something racist once. This woman appears to be doing many of those things, if not all, even though she didn't actually do anything wrong. I notice she is not being forgiven however. Instead her crimes seem to have actually increased in number now.

:hmm

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #23603 on: July 01, 2022, 10:15:20 PM »
I heard she named the fund after herself, just like chapelle wanted to name the school he gave money to after himself.

:wag

Propagandhim

« Reply #23604 on: July 01, 2022, 10:30:27 PM »
Remember when people pointed out that it's a bit messed up that all the mods work for free while Cerium makes off with 3 million? Nepenthes response was to open a gofundme and ask the community to pay her then

She is not very smart.

Still remains one of the funniest moments on that site.  Nepenthe opening up that GoFundMe.  Royalan testifying that Cerium was his best friend.  Era Clear keeping them lights on.  Cerium not giving a fucking cent to anyone.   So good.

It was 4.5 million, btw.   :lol

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23605 on: July 01, 2022, 10:32:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/january-6th-committee-public-hearings.590625/page-66#post-89298411
B-Dumbs
No, you guys should be sticking to actual reporting and not tweets. Tweets aren't reporting, stop treating them like they are.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23606 on: July 01, 2022, 10:40:09 PM »
Libtards treat the groups they "own" when they misbehave aka wrong think, a lost worse than they do Repubs.

:doge

Isn’t a lot of red states worse off than blue ones?

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #23607 on: July 01, 2022, 10:49:27 PM »
 ???

Boredfrom

« Reply #23609 on: July 01, 2022, 10:56:08 PM »
 ???

Like “Reps are better with their base because they don’t shit on them openly when mad”.

benjipwns

« Reply #23610 on: July 01, 2022, 10:58:23 PM »
???

Like “Reps are better with their base because they don’t shit on them openly when mad”.
I think he's saying they treat the people they think they "own" (and supposedly care about) worse than they treat Republicans, who are supposedly their enemy.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #23611 on: July 01, 2022, 11:03:15 PM »
???

I think he's saying they treat the people they think they "own" (and supposedly care about) worse than they treat Republicans, who are supposedly their enemy.

Yes when they are guilty of wrong think.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
To libtards even slurs aren't off the table to those that commit wrong think.:shh
[close]

BrokenVerses

« Reply #23612 on: July 01, 2022, 11:35:58 PM »
WE'RE POLICING OUR OWN OKAY?

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23613 on: July 01, 2022, 11:48:56 PM »

She is not very smart.

Still remains one of the funniest moments on that site.  Nepenthe opening up that GoFundMe.  Royalan testifying that Cerium was his best friend.  Era Clear keeping them lights on.  Cerium not giving a fucking cent to anyone.   So good.

It was 4.5 million, btw.   :lol

And then Nepenthe donating the 10,000 dollars she received to some capoeira class in brazil and then waited for someone to question her before she admitted it was actually 10k in Guiné francs or some bullshit. So they got $90 bucks.
sigh

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #23614 on: July 01, 2022, 11:50:57 PM »
 :rofl

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23615 on: July 02, 2022, 12:12:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/deadline-minions-rise-of-gru-tracking-for-90m-100m-opening-best-animated-film-opening-of-the-pandemic.602835/page-2#post-89369508
Listened to two adults talking about their excitement to watch this on a flight recently. Kept waiting for them to mention their kids, but it was clear they didn't have any. Got some serious man child vibes tbh.
He does realize where he's posting at, right?

Boredfrom

« Reply #23616 on: July 02, 2022, 01:20:34 AM »
BossAttack says that he is an attorney:

Quote from: BossAttack
I am an attorney. My emotions are removed from it. You cannot harass people due to your religion and think you are shielded due to religious freedom. Imagine an employee writing a hit piece as a Muslim saying women at work not covering up are whores and devils who will go to hell.

You think that is protected? The issue is not him expressing an opinion based on his religion, it's him calling co-workers murderers and harassing them because they think differently than his religion.

You can be fired for that.

I seriously think he is full of shit.

benjipwns

« Reply #23617 on: July 02, 2022, 01:31:47 AM »
Is he using harassment colloquially or as a legal term? Or is he claiming that certain opinions are de facto harassing if expressed?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #23618 on: July 02, 2022, 01:46:10 AM »
Words are literally violence, shitlord  :ufup
Margs

NekoFever

« Reply #23619 on: July 02, 2022, 05:45:08 AM »
Sorry if I don't want to applaud a self congratulatory action, for which she will receive not only publicity but also tax rebates, regardless if it is a positive one. Rich people doing "charity" is never just charity. If it was we wouldn't be hearing about it. So forgive me if I'm not impressed.

Not saying the scholarships will not benefit people, and that looking back and realizing you could have done better is not a good thing. Both of those things are good. But again, it's never just charity.

So…never try to do better or acknowledge past mistakes and just stick to what works for you? Got it.

And did they seriously think the creator of Friends wasn’t going to get publicity for this? Friends is STILL fucking popular despite long, long since being over.  :lol at thinking in the age of social media that someone involved with this wouldn’t tweet about it, even if she didn’t want it public

If they made anonymous donations, Era would be complaining that they weren’t doing anything. So, as usual, the only winning move is not to play.

Unless mods have the ability to detect anonymous allyship, like they do blood alcohol level.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23620 on: July 02, 2022, 09:37:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/deadline-minions-rise-of-gru-tracking-for-90m-100m-opening-best-animated-film-opening-of-the-pandemic.602835/page-2#post-89369508
Listened to two adults talking about their excitement to watch this on a flight recently. Kept waiting for them to mention their kids, but it was clear they didn't have any. Got some serious man child vibes tbh.
He does realize where he's posting at, right?

big words from the poster who got the will smith fish from shark tale as their avatar
ὕβρις

ShutUp

« Reply #23621 on: July 02, 2022, 10:34:10 AM »
The disdain and snobbery towards a Minions movie as many of them get ready to go see Thor: Love and Thunder next week. How dare these plebeians enjoy things other than a Kevin Feige production!

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23622 on: July 02, 2022, 12:37:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/non-bi-pan-folks-have-you-ever-dated-hooked-up-with-someone-outside-your-sexual-orientation.603189/#post-89404854
Asking a gay man if he would date a woman sounds outrageously offensive to me. Like a "But how gay are you REALLY?" kind of thing? Somebody asking this needs a slap.

I'm a heterosexual man who has never dated a man and don't think I ever would. I can't say for certain, I don't know how I'll feel or where my life will be in the future.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23623 on: July 02, 2022, 01:23:42 PM »
To the surprise of no one this took a bad end

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-got-a-baby-hedgehog-what-should-i-name-him.576241/post-89409420

Maybe this dude shouldn't have any uncommon pets

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #23624 on: July 02, 2022, 01:30:20 PM »
I’m a cis male demisexual gynophile. My ex husband came out as a trans dude 10 years into our 15 year marriage, and as genderqueer two years prior. I am currently married to a nonbinary bisexual partner who was assigned female at birth.

I’m not sure if that puts me outside my orientation or not, as I suppose it can be boiled down to “I like boobs and don’t like dicks.”

That first paragraph is just gibberish right? :idont

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #23625 on: July 02, 2022, 01:37:06 PM »
Gynophile? :society
(ice)

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23626 on: July 02, 2022, 02:18:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/non-bi-pan-folks-have-you-ever-dated-hooked-up-with-someone-outside-your-sexual-orientation.603189/#post-89410581
Messofanego
I've had a few fantasies about men but never any opportunities, and now that I'm married happily, I don't think I really will unless if it was with full consent with my wife and we were both experimenting as a one-time thing.
What about the wife?  Likely not

https://www.resetera.com/threads/non-bi-pan-folks-have-you-ever-dated-hooked-up-with-someone-outside-your-sexual-orientation.603189/#post-89410068
straight man and only been with opposite sex and have no interest in men at all

i get hit on a lot by gay men, especially some that are rather closeted (from my first impression), I think the big full beard + buzzed cut they like and i‘m pretty big/muscular guy naturally even though i do some weightlifting

my girlfriend finds it amusing though when we go out to a pretty chill club or something and she goes to hang out with her friends somewhere closeby and comes back and sees a guy hitting on me lol. i don‘t entertain it but i also don‘t want to say abruptly „i‘m not gay“ unless they explicitly try to do something, so i kinda sit through it lol. never truly knew how to deal with that situation tbh

but yeah no interest, never had and never been curious
:ego

When I was 19 I let a guy give me head after he begged me for an hour, it was fine but didn't awaken anything in me or whatever.

I'm a cis het dude, absolutely super into women. I have nothing against the idea of making out with a dude, just don't find myself attracted to them. I've had a couple of flings with trans women, and those were fun experiences
:what

I'm straight, but I make out with dudes at parties or in bars from time to time. Or maybe I'd define myself as 90% straight, I don't really care.

Last time was rough though, I split a taxi home with some random guys and they asked me how my night had been, I told them it was fun, that I had made out with two girls and two guys. The mood changed completely, both guys and the taxi driver became pissed at me. According to them it was haram, it was disgusting, I was going to hell, homophobic slurs etc. I tried not being too confrontational (it was 3 vs 1) and playfully say stuff like "come on! It's fun, you've never tried?". That did not help. Luckily the ride wasn't long so I could get the hell away.

I told this story to a one night stand I had later on and damn, I was surprised by her reaction. She was on the verge of throwing me out. She said she didn't want to sleep with any gay or bi guys. Like what?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Mostima

« Reply #23628 on: July 02, 2022, 02:26:38 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23629 on: July 02, 2022, 02:28:37 PM »
Nothing wrong with things being fluid but you can say you're bi.
:idont
Then again I don't know it's super important to argue with those sort of self applied labels anyway.
ὕβρις

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23630 on: July 02, 2022, 03:13:21 PM »
I’m a cis male demisexual gynophile. My ex husband came out as a trans dude 10 years into our 15 year marriage, and as genderqueer two years prior. I am currently married to a nonbinary bisexual partner who was assigned female at birth.

I’ve read this a number of times and I can’t understand it. I recognise the words. I understand their meaning but none of it makes any sense. I finally realised these people are like music snobs who invent new genres every time they discover a new band

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23631 on: July 02, 2022, 03:51:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/e-era.603297/#post-89416848
I’ve gotten much worse, I’ve gotten Tucker Carlson ads 😐
He ain't slick  :nothot

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23632 on: July 02, 2022, 04:23:08 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-got-a-baby-hedgehog-what-should-i-name-him.576241/post-89409420

The disdain and snobbery towards a Minions movie as many of them get ready to go see Thor: Love and Thunder next week. How dare these plebeians enjoy things other than a Kevin Feige production!

Starring Chris Pratt!
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #23634 on: July 02, 2022, 06:04:18 PM »

I’m not sure if that puts me outside my orientation or not, as I suppose it can be boiled down to “I like boobs and don’t like dicks.”
Why are they allowing this blatantly transphobic shit?

ShutUp

« Reply #23636 on: July 02, 2022, 06:05:29 PM »

Starring Chris Pratt!

I’m shocked a thread complaining about his new show The Terminal List on Prime hasn’t been made yet. I’m enjoying it but keep thinking Era would have a massive hissy fit since it’s military related.

Propagandhim

« Reply #23637 on: July 02, 2022, 06:05:32 PM »

The chance of this happening is about the same as a quantum portal randomly opening up

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23638 on: July 02, 2022, 06:36:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/street-fighter-6-could-be-a-big-opportunity-to-innovate-with-the-hair-styles-of-the-series-black-characters-i-have-a-few-ideas-on-how.603306/
But only one of these characters is Black? (Source: Ian Walker, Kotaku)

First off, please make Balrog’s pupils the same size as everyone else’s going forward to avoid offensive stereotypes for Black folks in media.

. . .

And on top of that, do the same change suggested for Balrog & make the pupils of his eyes the same size as everyone else’s.

New stereotype acquired.
sigh

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #23639 on: July 02, 2022, 07:35:01 PM »

When you're straight and you have to make heterosexuality sound gay so you can be part of the cool kids club.