Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1821311 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #38520 on: January 27, 2023, 08:55:47 AM »
"On topic it seems like every time I read this thread it's just more bad news regarding us somewhere in the world ugh.
It's so frustrating."

Maybe try some introspection of the forum as a whole and figure out why that is.

NekoFever

« Reply #38521 on: January 27, 2023, 09:17:30 AM »
there was a stifling aura at gaf in the years before trump too

maybe it was first felt in 2013-14? when lore was barely active and the mods ran the place and it felt like they were working together to curate a vibe and protecting specific groups, rather than just keeping lunatics quiet

Yeah, it was around that time when they started getting really insufferable. I remember noticing how many threads about things being “problematic” there were. Lore would occasionally slap them down when they got too mental like the “bunch of cunts” decree when they were on a crusade against gendered insults, but there was a noticeable mood being cultivated around then. Trump put it into overdrive and Era has only encouraged it since they moved over there.

You occasionally see similar energy from B-Dubs (see Messy ban) but he also doesn’t have the balls to actually fix anything.

NekoFever

« Reply #38522 on: January 27, 2023, 09:27:32 AM »
So now literally anything that's said on this topic is now transphobia. Wow.

Yeah, it’s worth emphasising that his transphobic statement is “#HogwartsLegacy is a day-one purchase for me. It looks so fucking good.”

Any positive review of the game is transphobic by that logic. Oh, wait, that’s exactly the narrative they’re going to push.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #38523 on: January 27, 2023, 09:32:57 AM »
there was a stifling aura at gaf in the years before trump too

maybe it was first felt in 2013-14? when lore was barely active and the mods ran the place and it felt like they were working together to curate a vibe and protecting specific groups, rather than just keeping lunatics quiet

Yeah, it was around that time when they started getting really insufferable. I remember noticing how many threads about things being “problematic” there were. Lore would occasionally slap them down when they got too mental like the “bunch of cunts” decree when they were on a crusade against gendered insults, but there was a noticeable mood being cultivated around then. Trump put it into overdrive and Era has only encouraged it since they moved over there.

You occasionally see similar energy from B-Dubs (see Messy ban) but he also doesn’t have the balls to actually fix anything.

2013/14 was when the woke/SJW/whatever stuff was really getting hot on twitter and it bled in from there. Also g*merg*te ramped it up.

I miss the 2010-12 early era of it where the thing the more candy assed libs pissed their pants over was lad banter :lol
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 09:42:14 AM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38524 on: January 27, 2023, 09:40:00 AM »
handing out a ban and calling it a thread derail is some bullshit, we are literally talking about transphobia.

:sicko

This ban is such bullshit. Truly disgusting display here.
User banned (2 week): continuing thread derail

:sicko :sicko

B-Dubs seems to be squaring up to that line and bans on Richter and Messie are bold opening salvos. Ball’s in your court, Kaijiu (I’m sure she’ll consider that a transphobic saying).

ShutUp

« Reply #38525 on: January 27, 2023, 09:51:28 AM »
Damn, B-Dubs has some balls after all  :playa

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38526 on: January 27, 2023, 09:55:50 AM »

I don’t think his bench is deep enough for this confrontation, but not gonna lie, I’m cheering him on.

Edit: Though that said, the Joanne Hate thread has gone deathly quiet since. Pretty sure the one thing all the egomaniacs in that thread fear is being made to sit quietly in a corner.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 10:15:11 AM by joeboy101 »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #38527 on: January 27, 2023, 10:10:29 AM »
If B-Chuds had any balls he would’ve banned the first person who brought the Tom Henderson shit up and all the dipshits who were discussing it. Nobody likes messmess so he was an easy sacrifice for his ego :lol
Margs

Snoopycat_

« Reply #38528 on: January 27, 2023, 10:16:43 AM »
If Dubs had balls he would have banned Kyuuji for back seat modding

BIONIC

« Reply #38529 on: January 27, 2023, 10:24:03 AM »
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #38530 on: January 27, 2023, 10:37:57 AM »
They hid the Faux News thread :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38531 on: January 27, 2023, 10:39:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-are-on-fox-news-lrg-firing-of-community-manager.680191/

this has now vanished from regular thread availability, presumably because someone on staff is still sane enough to realise when your site has some mainstream media attention letting your incel reject userbase publically post their kneejerk cuntishness about how their role in unjustly getting a woman fired was good ackshually is just going to make the place come across as the toxic bitter incel hangout it is just another internet shithole

NekoFever

« Reply #38532 on: January 27, 2023, 10:41:58 AM »
They’re basically daring anyone to go for them in that thread, which I assume is why the staff hid it from public view.

Which troll hit squad are they gonna send this time since Kiwifarms got got by Keffals?

:doge

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #38533 on: January 27, 2023, 10:53:55 AM »

I don’t think his bench is deep enough for this confrontation, but not gonna lie, I’m cheering him on.

Edit: Though that said, the Joanne Hate thread has gone deathly quiet since. Pretty sure the one thing all the egomaniacs in that thread fear is being made to sit quietly in a corner.

I imagine they scurried off to their discord like a bunch of cockroaches

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38534 on: January 27, 2023, 11:01:10 AM »
They’re basically daring anyone to go for them in that thread, which I assume is why the staff hid it from public view.

Which troll hit squad are they gonna send this time since Kiwifarms got got by Keffals?

:lol

well we know of at least one general manager who wouldn't be thrilled with 7 year old forum posts getting necroed into a reason they should be #cancelled and irl fired in #CURRENT_YEAR

Daffy Duck

« Reply #38535 on: January 27, 2023, 11:12:52 AM »

Probably taken to comms via the back channels AKA The Discords

Vertigo

« Reply #38536 on: January 27, 2023, 11:15:01 AM »
I thought you guys were joking about ERA caping for that Scottish trans rapist. I’m flabbergasted when even the rape of two women is not enough to quell their warped ideology.

When people like Rowling say a lot of these folks actually hate and despise women, you can see it with actions like that. Its sad as their was a time when I think a lot of people were sensitive to the issues that trans people were facing and ready to listen, but the lunatics have 100% taken over and made the movement a sick extreme joke.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #38537 on: January 27, 2023, 11:24:34 AM »
I imagine they scurried off to their discord like a bunch of cockroaches

woke

Jansen

« Reply #38538 on: January 27, 2023, 11:26:09 AM »

Oh the kiwi farms that is very much still operational? Maybe someone should inform them :forspoken

paprikastaude

« Reply #38539 on: January 27, 2023, 11:36:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-miss-nibel-nibellion.680131/

I'm too dumb to subscribe to two or three newsletters :stahp

Jansen

« Reply #38540 on: January 27, 2023, 11:39:53 AM »
The great war continues

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #38541 on: January 27, 2023, 12:03:16 PM »
Someone tweet Henderson that Resetera wants to cancel him and get this pot stirring.
Oi Oi

BIONIC

« Reply #38542 on: January 27, 2023, 12:07:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-33#post-100330411

Quote from: Akai_XIII, post: 100330411, member: 9782

A long and detailed deep dive on it all. Worth watching, I'm about half an hour in.

A 3 hour and 36 minute video of some asshole screeching about some worthless shit. That’s 14 minutes longer than The Godfather Part II :titus

What kind of freak sits down and watches this crap?
Margs

Vertigo

« Reply #38543 on: January 27, 2023, 12:10:45 PM »
Someone tweet Henderson that Resetera wants to cancel him and get this pot stirring.

I’d love to see if they have the balls to ban any links by him.

:popcorn

Also RIP Messofanego how do you look to get someone banned and end up getting banned yourself

:crowdlaff
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 12:18:08 PM by Vertigo »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38544 on: January 27, 2023, 12:17:24 PM »

I’d love to see if they have the balls to ban any links by him.

:popcorn

Also RIP Messofanego how do you look to get some banned and end up getting banned yourself

:crowdlaff

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #38545 on: January 27, 2023, 12:23:06 PM »

Oh the kiwi farms that is very much still operational? Maybe someone should inform them :forspoken

This is one of those pesky facts where people on ree will just pretend isn't true, even if its kinda in their worst interest to do so :rash
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38546 on: January 27, 2023, 12:29:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-33#post-100330411

A long and detailed deep dive on it all. Worth watching, I'm about half an hour in.

A 3 hour and 36 minute video of some asshole screeching about some worthless shit. That’s 14 minutes longer than The Godfather Part II :titus

Snoopycat_

« Reply #38547 on: January 27, 2023, 12:33:37 PM »
Hey folks,

We went ahead and got rid of those bans. We apologize for making our own thread derail. If you'd like to discuss this further my PMs are open or feel free to submit a ticket. This subject is very important to us so please continue.

Lol. B.Dubs has been put in his place

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #38548 on: January 27, 2023, 12:35:39 PM »
I thought dubs was the head honcho???
(ice)

Snoopycat_

« Reply #38549 on: January 27, 2023, 12:36:51 PM »
So did he

BIONIC

« Reply #38550 on: January 27, 2023, 12:42:10 PM »
Bitch-Dumbs :neogaf

Messmess is still banned actually :neogaf
Margs

Daffy Duck

« Reply #38551 on: January 27, 2023, 12:45:31 PM »
It just gets better and better, lmao

Although the band still stand and it appears they edited their post…civil war inbound?

Boredfrom

« Reply #38552 on: January 27, 2023, 12:45:43 PM »
This feels like EviLore all over again.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38553 on: January 27, 2023, 12:45:53 PM »
It's almost as if the trans members are afforded special privileges and protection against bans  :o

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #38554 on: January 27, 2023, 12:47:34 PM »
imagine not knowing that cerium gave all the keys to excel when he bounced

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38555 on: January 27, 2023, 12:48:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-33#post-100317874
It's still *extremely* common on the alt-right and other places. The old place prominently use it in their current thread about us.
Kyuuji
Always makes me laugh that people who spend *years* obsessively following random posters on another forum have convinced themselves that it makes them the normal ones.
Is she not self aware of herself with that JK Rowling thread?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38556 on: January 27, 2023, 12:49:41 PM »
Hey folks,

We went ahead and got rid of those bans. We apologize for making our own thread derail. If you'd like to discuss this further my PMs are open or feel free to submit a ticket. This subject is very important to us so please continue.

Lol. B.Dubs has been put in his place

Bitch made. Welp, sad to see him so emasculated publicly, but he’s only got himself to blame.

Even sent AliceAmber in there instead of going himself. Makes me wonder if he’s thinking about quitting.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38557 on: January 27, 2023, 12:51:06 PM »
I almost gave a wee bit of respect to B-Dumbs..almost til he bend the knee

Averon

« Reply #38558 on: January 27, 2023, 12:53:25 PM »
Hey folks,

We apologize for making our own thread derail. If you'd like to discuss this further my PMs are open or feel free to submit a ticket. This subject is very important to us so please continue.

Was the message changed?

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #38559 on: January 27, 2023, 12:54:34 PM »
Muad'dib was unable to stop the bloody jihad carried out in his name.
Oi Oi

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38560 on: January 27, 2023, 12:55:06 PM »

Vincent Alexander
You can hear it in her voice how worn down she is with everything when she's talking about wanting to make more hopeful, positive content in the future. Going to watch in chunks this weekend.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #38561 on: January 27, 2023, 12:55:28 PM »
its funny how deadly serious they take it all, every time I've been banned from a board I just lol to myself and find something else to read til it runs out.

Most annoying thing about being banned is breaking the near automatic habit of visiting the site in question :elon
(ice)

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38562 on: January 27, 2023, 12:56:14 PM »
Hey folks,

We apologize for making our own thread derail. If you'd like to discuss this further my PMs are open or feel free to submit a ticket. This subject is very important to us so please continue.

Was the message changed?

Richter got unbanned, but Messi still banned!

:neogaf

Somehow BDumbs keeps making it worse. Either keep both or ditch both. Maybe Messi can have his parents call B-Dubs to plead his case.

Averon

« Reply #38563 on: January 27, 2023, 12:57:28 PM »
In any case, Messy is still banned. Must grind his gears he's the only one still banned. Get the hint, Messeo. No one like an annoying, suck up teacher's pet, which what you act like on that forum. Even the mods don't like you now. Probably because you spam them with frivolous reports regularly.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 01:28:27 PM by Averon »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38564 on: January 27, 2023, 01:00:36 PM »
Hey folks,

Was the message changed?

Yes they edited it. Looks like Messy remains banned while the Richter one was reversed.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #38565 on: January 27, 2023, 01:05:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-33#post-100336150

Quote from: Lamptramp
Im really sorry and I dont mean to derail or pick the scab, but this really upset me this afternoon.

After coming out to ERA first and foremost out of everyone I know, because of ERA and being supported by ERA its upsetting to see, ire being focused towards our community and not towards those that was belittle and denigrate a community. That such fury and anger could be caused not by that person on twitters actions, but by the posters here was disheartening and saddening. It upset me and made me feel impotent to speak out for fear of being actioned.
I have been away from here since CP2077 where the team promised such subjects were important and people were listening.

I'm really sorry to derail and if you must ban me or warn me for venting spleen publicly, but its sooooo important to me, and it makes me so sad, not for me, but the next poor cow looking for a place to finally be herself and come out.

I am only alive and here and as happy I can be because of ERA and trans ERA specifically.
Really sorry, but I am very very upset, and this may be more better for my health than just screaming at a screen.
OBE

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #38566 on: January 27, 2023, 01:07:24 PM »
Folks instead of folx?

Ban this mod. What a piece of shit.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38567 on: January 27, 2023, 01:11:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-33#post-100336150

Im really sorry and I dont mean to derail or pick the scab, but this really upset me this afternoon.

After coming out to ERA first and foremost out of everyone I know, because of ERA and being supported by ERA its upsetting to see, ire being focused towards our community and not towards those that was belittle and denigrate a community. That such fury and anger could be caused not by that person on twitters actions, but by the posters here was disheartening and saddening. It upset me and made me feel impotent to speak out for fear of being actioned.
I have been away from here since CP2077 where the team promised such subjects were important and people were listening.

I'm really sorry to derail and if you must ban me or warn me for venting spleen publicly, but its sooooo important to me, and it makes me so sad, not for me, but the next poor cow looking for a place to finally be herself and come out.

I am only alive and here and as happy I can be because of ERA and trans ERA specifically.
Really sorry, but I am very very upset, and this may be more better for my health than just screaming at a screen.

This is chatgpt

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38568 on: January 27, 2023, 01:21:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/5-memphis-officers-fired-after-death-of-man-update-officers-charged-with-second-degree-murder.678046/page-3#post-100297705

Quote from: Nepenthe
Well, the thing is, I don't think the issue is a question of exposure, it's a question of actual morality on part of Americans.

Cops don't get away with shit because people don't know about the shit they get away with, because if that were the case Mike Brown would've actually upset the apple cart. They get away with it because fundamentally most of the public- left and right-leaning- approves of their behavior to enough of a degree to want to maintain the systems in place. This is in part because anti-Blackness is a somewhat universal belief, and also in part because people refuse to entertain alternative systems of community security. The moment the news reports a spike in crime, or some middle class jokester sees some shit on a subway from a homeless person, even the staunchest "pro-BLM" liberal will happily vote for an increase in police budgets, without fail.

America is fundamentally an anti-Black country, and we all operate with that knowledge to some degree, whether we want to admit it or not. We also all know, whether we want to admit it or not, that the police state is a great way to maintain this dynamic. So you are not going to move the needle significantly until you either A.) start caring about Black people as people, or B.) white people lose power. Really the only two options.
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38569 on: January 27, 2023, 01:25:33 PM »

It upset me and made me feel impotent to speak out for fear of being actioned.

I just love that even getting the tiniest whiff of their own medicine upsets them so much. Even B-dubs tugging his tail isn't good enough and this very well adjusted person is currently screaming at their screen

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38570 on: January 27, 2023, 01:26:29 PM »

Uncle

Averon

« Reply #38571 on: January 27, 2023, 01:26:49 PM »
Hey folks,

Was the message changed?

Yes they edited it. Looks like Messy remains banned while the Richter one was reversed.

I bet Messeo one of the biggest abusers of the report button, which is why he remains banned, because the mods, or at least B-Dubs, is sick of his report spam. :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38572 on: January 27, 2023, 01:29:29 PM »
RIP my Messo account.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38573 on: January 27, 2023, 01:32:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-chang-roasts-costco%E2%80%99s-4-99-rotisserie-chicken-%E2%80%98it%E2%80%99s-inedible%E2%80%99.680278/

Thread is weird.

Costco chicken is one of the best bang for buck rotiserrie option.

It's almost like,  era is now 80% bots.

interesting.

Daffy Duck

« Reply #38574 on: January 27, 2023, 01:33:21 PM »
It’s odd, I’m at this point where I see any mention of the wizard game I immediately jump to the comments to see what the discourse is, I think I do it to see what the connect is from Era types to normal people

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hogwarts-legacy-ps5-xbox-series-x-4076191

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #38575 on: January 27, 2023, 01:34:57 PM »
Who's on thinner ice, Mark Hamill or B-dubs?

Tuckers Law

« Reply #38576 on: January 27, 2023, 01:39:18 PM »
Even Punished B-Dubs is just a soy version of the one Lore did.  Pathetic.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #38577 on: January 27, 2023, 01:46:11 PM »
It’s going to be sad after the whole thing implodes and the only threads allowed will be hype threads for shite AAA games

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38578 on: January 27, 2023, 01:52:00 PM »
They were recently linked from site for hogwarts (lol) and just realized what the looked like form the outside in.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38579 on: January 27, 2023, 02:03:12 PM »
I wonder how their stockholders are going to feel about Era being on Fox. :hmm
OBE