Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1824111 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #38580 on: January 27, 2023, 02:03:12 PM »
It’s odd, I’m at this point where I see any mention of the wizard game I immediately jump to the comments to see what the discourse is, I think I do it to see what the connect is from Era types to normal people

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hogwarts-legacy-ps5-xbox-series-x-4076191

https://steamcommunity.com/app/990080/discussions/

:hitler
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #38582 on: January 27, 2023, 02:27:19 PM »
 This lunatic thread is still going on with the same theme: it sucks that black cops are facing justice for their brutality.

How often and where that happens today is the question mark, but it will happen. And it's tiring, because the problems are so obvious and the bullshit excuses and defenses are so hollow and tiring. Fox News will already have their story of "police were given swift justice, why are people protesting now?" failing to realize it was only because there was something not quite all white about these officers. The rest of the playbook of bullshit and deflection is the same, they just skipped past the first few steps on the flowchart. If these cops looked different, we'd perhaps be at this step what, 12~18 months from today? They'd still be getting paid, and what the fuck does that say about all this?

How can you possibly believe this in the current climate in America?  How?  A white kid with a MAGA hat smiling at a native American was on every news channel for 4 months straight.  Pretty sure 5 white cops brutally killing a black man would probably make it on primetime news and those cops might just face swift repercussions.  Just a hunch, though -- what do I know?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 02:31:33 PM by Propagandhim »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #38583 on: January 27, 2023, 02:37:49 PM »
It would be interesting to know what the stats are on police getting fired/charged and their skin color. It could be that they're right but it's also a perfect trap for falling into confirmation bias because they'll only remember the times they were right.
Kind of a difficult topic to google because "Police" and "race" will usually focus on the victims.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #38584 on: January 27, 2023, 02:46:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-are-on-fox-news-lrg-firing-of-community-manager.680191/page-6#post-100339762

Quote from: Arkanim94, post: 100339762, member: 16675
Yes, and we are coming for you tucker.
Be scared.

:badass
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #38585 on: January 27, 2023, 03:02:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-33#post-100336150

Quote from: Lamptramp
Im really sorry and I dont mean to derail or pick the scab, but this really upset me this afternoon.

After coming out to ERA first and foremost out of everyone I know, because of ERA and being supported by ERA its upsetting to see, ire being focused towards our community and not towards those that was belittle and denigrate a community. That such fury and anger could be caused not by that person on twitters actions, but by the posters here was disheartening and saddening. It upset me and made me feel impotent to speak out for fear of being actioned.
I have been away from here since CP2077 where the team promised such subjects were important and people were listening.

I'm really sorry to derail and if you must ban me or warn me for venting spleen publicly, but its sooooo important to me, and it makes me so sad, not for me, but the next poor cow looking for a place to finally be herself and come out.

I am only alive and here and as happy I can be because of ERA and trans ERA specifically.
Really sorry, but I am very very upset, and this may be more better for my health than just screaming at a screen.

It upset me and made me feel impotent to speak out for fear of being actioned.

I just love that even getting the tiniest whiff of their own medicine upsets them so much. Even B-dubs tugging his tail isn't good enough and this very well adjusted person is currently screaming at their screen
Hell, B-Dubs is transphobic anf he's even bowing down for them.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38586 on: January 27, 2023, 03:09:33 PM »
This lunatic thread is still going on with the same theme: it sucks that black cops are facing justice for their brutality.

How often and where that happens today is the question mark, but it will happen. And it's tiring, because the problems are so obvious and the bullshit excuses and defenses are so hollow and tiring. Fox News will already have their story of "police were given swift justice, why are people protesting now?" failing to realize it was only because there was something not quite all white about these officers. The rest of the playbook of bullshit and deflection is the same, they just skipped past the first few steps on the flowchart. If these cops looked different, we'd perhaps be at this step what, 12~18 months from today? They'd still be getting paid, and what the fuck does that say about all this?

How can you possibly believe this in the current climate in America?  How?  A white kid with a MAGA hat smiling at a native American was on every news channel for 4 months straight.  Pretty sure 5 white cops brutally killing a black man would probably make it on primetime news and those cops might just face swift repercussions.  Just a hunch, though -- what do I know?
NepNep
I wasn't going to watch anyway because I'm tired of gawking at Black trauma. But an hour of suffering should definitely result in protests and riots regardless
I dunno why she gotta lie, I'm sure she watched it.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38587 on: January 27, 2023, 03:09:49 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-100342153
Wow, he's not even trying to be subtle.

What a chud.

Tom Henderson: "I'd like to know if the "Devs have already been paid" argument is true or not"

RE: "omg, look a this chud, full transphobic"

Very normal people

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38588 on: January 27, 2023, 03:12:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-are-on-fox-news-lrg-firing-of-community-manager.680191/page-6#post-100339762

Be scared.

Does this mean there's a chance that stupid little bitch-made bitch Tucker reading this?
On a Ree members only section, sure.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38589 on: January 27, 2023, 03:14:16 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-100342153
Wow, he's not even trying to be subtle.

What a chud.

Tom Henderson: "I'd like to know if the "Devs have already been paid" argument is true or not"

RE: "omg, look a this chud, full transphobic"

Very normal people
Who would even use the "reee"-hing in 20-fucking-23 even if it wasn't offensive?
Does he also still post ROFLcopters and ORLY? memes?
Yet they constantly use chuds but incorrectly since they're also describing themselves.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #38590 on: January 27, 2023, 03:25:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-i-have-a-great-new-films-of-movies-its-about-jesus-my-personal-friend-malcolm-mcdowell-recommended-them.680395/#post-100343101

Quote from:  Xandalan
Okay sounds good. What is it about? Well there is a new college student that is told to avoid a philosophy class because he is anti-Jesus and wants you to write he is dead on paper or the students can't take his clas..or he is remove...or he bankrolled the campus. The other students just want an easy grade realizing the professor is a moron but one student refuses stating Yes Jesus did exist and died but why is this happening. Yes! Finally the professor says before the student continues and says he resurrected though and he was a really nice and chill dude I'm glad he is watching over us. After looking over his transcript bursts forth with anger I had you all write that to prove stupid Christian thought needs to be dead. Not a good sell said the student. Most people would wanna follow Jesus teachings cause God was a asshole most times. The teacher got an idea a most awful idea. You are right even the dumbest could not except a God's not dead title plus even if they are the worst people alive going against a title that their "god" is impervious towards and ignoring Jesus which they do anyway is genius! God can't die so am I :)

:what

Edit: The Menu thread:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-enjoyed-the-menu-a-lot-but-the-ending-hot-takes-make-my-upset-spoilers.679810/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-enjoyed-the-menu-a-lot-but-the-ending-hot-takes-make-my-upset-spoilers.679810/page-2#post-100263556
Quote from: Xandalan
Complain u til your white self doesn't have resetera.com any more I despise your privlzge.

:whatisthis
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 03:34:40 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38591 on: January 27, 2023, 03:28:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-33#post-100342444
I swear to fucking god, they'll do ANYTHING to lie to themselves that they're not contributing to something horrible.

Over one fucking videogame. 99% of the rest of the gaming sphere is available to them, but this ONE game is worth dying on a hill for?
:spiders

ShutUp

« Reply #38592 on: January 27, 2023, 03:53:39 PM »
Hey folks,

We went ahead and got rid of those bans. We apologize for making our own thread derail. If you'd like to discuss this further my PMs are open or feel free to submit a ticket. This subject is very important to us so please continue.

Lol. B.Dubs has been put in his place

:rofl

These spineless motherfuckers

Daffy Duck

« Reply #38593 on: January 27, 2023, 03:53:55 PM »
Are we all ready for the day that Era serves up a Hogwarts Legacy ad…

MOBA better be ready for that day.

Averon

« Reply #38594 on: January 27, 2023, 03:55:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-33#post-100342444
I swear to fucking god, they'll do ANYTHING to lie to themselves that they're not contributing to something horrible.

Over one fucking videogame. 99% of the rest of the gaming sphere is available to them, but this ONE game is worth dying on a hill for?

It's pretty simple

-There's nothing transphobic in Hogwart's Legacy
-People like the Harry Potter IP
-People don't like being manipulated and coerced by a bunch of dye haired, screaming loons that change their pronouns and gender weekly in their bio what they can or can't play
-Everyone can see this is not even about trans rights at this point. It's about exerting control via shaming and guilt-tripping.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38595 on: January 27, 2023, 04:01:41 PM »
will that make you feel better Tom, will that make you feel better to score one against the snowflakes? yeah? Will that give you a warm feeling in your tummy weaponizing developers and a community under attack to score a "win"?

what a piece of shit.
:lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38596 on: January 27, 2023, 04:05:14 PM »
It's pretty simple

-People don't like being manipulated and coerced by a bunch of dye haired, screaming loons that change their pronouns and gender weekly in their bio what they can or can't play
-Everyone can see this is not even about trans rights at this point. It's about exerting control via shaming and guilt-tripping.

Also note that the people supposedly so triggered by the existence of the source materials author that that extends by proxy to all derivative works, can't fucking stop talking about her.
Also note that since the "all discussion of this game is banned on this site" decree, that same thread now can't fucking stop talking about it.

will that make you feel better Tom, will that make you feel better to score one against the snowflakes? yeah? Will that give you a warm feeling in your tummy weaponizing developers and a community under attack to score a "win"?

who's weaponising who now?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38597 on: January 27, 2023, 04:19:00 PM »
It's pretty simple

Also note that the people supposedly so triggered by the existence of the source materials author that that extends by proxy to all derivative works, can't fucking stop talking about her.
Also note that since the "all discussion of this game is banned on this site" decree, that same thread now can't fucking stop talking about it.

Disappointing, but not surprising. The replies are also exactly what you'd expect from chuds. At this point I truly do not trust a single cis person (but especially cishet men) in the gaming sphere to not be a transphobic shitbag in one way or another, unless they have vocally come out in support of trans people numerous times & not only did it when it was convenient for them & their clout. All those tweets are dogshit, but the one about wanting devs to talk to him about the „the devs have been paid so sales mean nothing to them" couldn't be more transparent. Looking forward to his news article getting mad about trans people & saying how we're spreading misinformation & all want those sad devs to starve /s.

Nobody has ever said that the devs don't see a single cent from sales. I'm sure they'd get bonuses & whatnot, but it was always about the fact that they get their fucking paychecks either way. That they won't just not get paid at all if the game has a few less sales from people caring about transphobia & antisemitism & that people doing the morally right thing & not supporting an IP from a violent transphobe won't matter much for the devs at the end of the day. None of them will end up homeless, because some people won't buy & cover TERF Legacy, the game will sadly sell like hotcakes either way. „Think of the devs" is such a dogshit argument anyway, because none of those people buy every game made by every developer in existence so they're naturally already doing the thing they're accusing us of lol.

Thing is, I couldn't care less if someone buys TERF Legacy if they at least shut their trap about it. I will judge them & think a bit worse of them either way, surely, though only if I'd, you know, actually catch that they're playing it through mutual friends or social media or whatever.

But none of these people - Henderson included - can actually shut the fuck up about it. They all have to fucking parade it around that they're buying the game while also either dismissing or outright harassing trans people in the process which is why I just have no fucking sympathy for any of the people „just wanting to play the game". If you „just want to play it", do everyone a favor & shut the fuck up about it & don't even bring up the fact that you're buying it in the first place, because 99% of the time it's people doing it in bad faith as seen by how it's pretty much always followed by either thinly veiled or very open transphobia.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #38598 on: January 27, 2023, 04:23:11 PM »
but none of them have the guts to @ Henderson in the thread.
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38599 on: January 27, 2023, 04:26:57 PM »
Why can't these spineless chuds just accept everything I say as true without fact checking, only consume media I permit them to, never question my beliefs even when they are at face value staggeringly incorrect and possibly dangerous, talk about anything they might enjoy in terms that don't make it clear how that affects me is the most important thing, or reconcile mutually exclusive facts on a case by case basis of whichever I deem is most convenient at a time.

So called fucking 'allies'.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38600 on: January 27, 2023, 04:32:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-miss-nibel-nibellion.680131/

I'm too dumb to subscribe to two or three newsletters :stahp
If it didn't happen on Twatter, did it even happen at all?
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #38601 on: January 27, 2023, 04:37:37 PM »

And that one game is Cyberp...i mean Kingdom Co...i mean Hogwarts Leg.....I mean Resident Evil Fo....i mean...

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38602 on: January 27, 2023, 04:39:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-33#post-100336150

Quote from: Lamptramp
Im really sorry and I dont mean to derail or pick the scab, but this really upset me this afternoon.

After coming out to ERA first and foremost out of everyone I know, because of ERA and being supported by ERA its upsetting to see, ire being focused towards our community and not towards those that was belittle and denigrate a community. That such fury and anger could be caused not by that person on twitters actions, but by the posters here was disheartening and saddening. It upset me and made me feel impotent to speak out for fear of being actioned.
I have been away from here since CP2077 where the team promised such subjects were important and people were listening.

I'm really sorry to derail and if you must ban me or warn me for venting spleen publicly, but its sooooo important to me, and it makes me so sad, not for me, but the next poor cow looking for a place to finally be herself and come out.

I am only alive and here and as happy I can be because of ERA and trans ERA specifically.
Really sorry, but I am very very upset, and this may be more better for my health than just screaming at a screen.
This person writes like one of those 3 1/2 hour essayists speaks.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38603 on: January 27, 2023, 04:44:18 PM »
It’s odd, I’m at this point where I see any mention of the wizard game I immediately jump to the comments to see what the discourse is, I think I do it to see what the connect is from Era types to normal people

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hogwarts-legacy-ps5-xbox-series-x-4076191

Most of the articles I get fed through Google have comments disabled. It's almost as if they know the majority of their readers think there's nothing in the outage.
Spud

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #38604 on: January 27, 2023, 05:09:35 PM »
I can't wait for the Hogwart's Legacy to turn out to be the general populace turning on these mentally ill douchebags.

You want people to be allies? Act the complete opposite of how you act now. How is this absolutely deranged behaviour helping any trans cause. The biggest damage isn't done by JK Rowling. It's done by you lunatics. Show some decorum for crying out loud.

You don't want to be hated? Don't make it so goddamn easy for people to hate you.

Pouring one out for the trans people that are actually just trying to live their lives.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38605 on: January 27, 2023, 05:18:11 PM »
It's pretty simple

Disappointing, but not surprising. The replies are also exactly what you'd expect from chuds. At this point I truly do not trust a single cis person (but especially cishet men) in the gaming sphere to not be a transphobic shitbag in one way or another, unless they have vocally come out in support of trans people numerous times & not only did it when it was convenient for them & their clout. All those tweets are dogshit, but the one about wanting devs to talk to him about the „the devs have been paid so sales mean nothing to them" couldn't be more transparent. Looking forward to his news article getting mad about trans people & saying how we're spreading misinformation & all want those sad devs to starve /s.

Nobody has ever said that the devs don't see a single cent from sales. I'm sure they'd get bonuses & whatnot, but it was always about the fact that they get their fucking paychecks either way. That they won't just not get paid at all if the game has a few less sales from people caring about transphobia & antisemitism & that people doing the morally right thing & not supporting an IP from a violent transphobe won't matter much for the devs at the end of the day. None of them will end up homeless, because some people won't buy & cover TERF Legacy, the game will sadly sell like hotcakes either way. „Think of the devs" is such a dogshit argument anyway, because none of those people buy every game made by every developer in existence so they're naturally already doing the thing they're accusing us of lol.

Thing is, I couldn't care less if someone buys TERF Legacy if they at least shut their trap about it. I will judge them & think a bit worse of them either way, surely, though only if I'd, you know, actually catch that they're playing it through mutual friends or social media or whatever.

But none of these people - Henderson included - can actually shut the fuck up about it. They all have to fucking parade it around that they're buying the game while also either dismissing or outright harassing trans people in the process which is why I just have no fucking sympathy for any of the people „just wanting to play the game". If you „just want to play it", do everyone a favor & shut the fuck up about it & don't even bring up the fact that you're buying it in the first place, because 99% of the time it's people doing it in bad faith as seen by how it's pretty much always followed by either thinly veiled or very open transphobia.

hmmm... let's check one of their own recommended articles:

https://www.themarysue.com/debunking-every-lie-youre-telling-yourself-about-hogwarts-legacy/

Good article is good just for fact alone their response for “think of the devs” is “do you buy every game?!”

What about the developers?
Do you buy every game ever made to “support the developers?” No, I didn’t think you did. So maybe don’t use that as an excuse to buy this one. Here’s the thing: video game developers get paid before the game’s launch. Whether or not the game is successful doesn’t affect their paychecks. The people who do benefit from game sales are CEOs, shareholders, and creators who make royalties (like Rowling). So if you really want to shore these folks how displeased you are with Rowling’s behavior, not buying the game would stick it to her and make companies still trying to use HP as a cash cow rethink future partnerships. The Fantastic Beasts movies ended due in part to low ticket sales, so it’s worth a shot.

:o

Could it be that they're full of shit?  :o

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38606 on: January 27, 2023, 05:33:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/5-memphis-officers-fired-after-death-of-man-update-officers-charged-with-second-degree-murder.678046/page-2#post-100018012

:cop User Banned (Permanent): Dismissive Commentary Over Racism; Long History and Severe Bans for Dismissive Behavior
Quote from: CNoodles
Man all of you talking about why the police were fired because of the race are weird af. Filthy pigs assaulted the poor guy so bad that they broke his damn neck and caused him to go into cardiac arrest. If there is footage of that then the actual reason they were fired so fast is not because of their race but because of the brutality of their actions. They are going to hope firing is all they get but they for sure gonna get time if their is footage of this.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38607 on: January 27, 2023, 05:47:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-i-have-a-great-new-films-of-movies-its-about-jesus-my-personal-friend-malcolm-mcdowell-recommended-them.680395/#post-100343101

Quote from:  Xandalan
Okay sounds good. What is it about? Well there is a new college student that is told to avoid a philosophy class because he is anti-Jesus and wants you to write he is dead on paper or the students can't take his clas..or he is remove...or he bankrolled the campus. The other students just want an easy grade realizing the professor is a moron but one student refuses stating Yes Jesus did exist and died but why is this happening. Yes! Finally the professor says before the student continues and says he resurrected though and he was a really nice and chill dude I'm glad he is watching over us. After looking over his transcript bursts forth with anger I had you all write that to prove stupid Christian thought needs to be dead. Not a good sell said the student. Most people would wanna follow Jesus teachings cause God was a asshole most times. The teacher got an idea a most awful idea. You are right even the dumbest could not except a God's not dead title plus even if they are the worst people alive going against a title that their "god" is impervious towards and ignoring Jesus which they do anyway is genius! God can't die so am I :)

:what

Edit: The Menu thread:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-enjoyed-the-menu-a-lot-but-the-ending-hot-takes-make-my-upset-spoilers.679810/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-enjoyed-the-menu-a-lot-but-the-ending-hot-takes-make-my-upset-spoilers.679810/page-2#post-100263556
Complain u til your white self doesn't have resetera.com any more I despise your privlzge.

:whatisthis

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-now-my-last-thread-was-supposed-to-be-a-callback-to-the-famous-gods-not-dead-thread-and-my-menu-thread-was-genuine-too-its-just-i-make-these-on.680413/
A samsung tablet which clearly is not suited to resetera.com. I am also using edge please stop treating me like I'm deranged aren't you supposed to be nice. I'll use my expensive macbook next time.

Mods we don't t have the best equipment. I expected better Jesus windows from now on.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-now-my-last-thread-was-supposed-to-be-a-callback-to-the-famous-gods-not-dead-thread-and-my-menu-thread-was-genuine-too-its-just-i-make-these-on.680413/#post-100344667
:cop User banned (1 week): Ableism
Really locking a thread because my previous thread has spastic wording. People were defending me too. You should be ashamed considering what words you accept I'm disgusted.
OBE

Averon

« Reply #38608 on: January 27, 2023, 05:49:40 PM »

Basically, you must prostrate yourself in front of them daily chanting "trans rights and human rights!!!" for you to be considered an "ally." This is cultish behavior. This is something you'd expect out of a Scientologist's mouth.

We all know this ain't true. Since you all happily launch internet mobs at anyone of note on social media saying they want to play HL, even getting that person fired from their job if you all could. Having even a simple, closed off OT you all could easily ignore wasn't enough. The game needed a full banning off the site. Anything less was perpetuating "trans genocide."

People have no obligation to shut up because you people can't stop stalking others to see if they dared say they played "the wizard game." 90% of your issues about seeing HL discussion would be solved by GETTING OFF TWITTER, which you all said you'd do anyway when Musk took over. What happened about that?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38609 on: January 27, 2023, 05:59:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/5-memphis-officers-fired-after-death-of-man-update-officers-charged-with-second-degree-murder.678046/page-2#post-100018012

:cop User Banned (Permanent): Dismissive Commentary Over Racism; Long History and Severe Bans for Dismissive Behavior
Quote from: CNoodles
Man all of you talking about why the police were fired because of the race are weird af. Filthy pigs assaulted the poor guy so bad that they broke his damn neck and caused him to go into cardiac arrest. If there is footage of that then the actual reason they were fired so fast is not because of their race but because of the brutality of their actions. They are going to hope firing is all they get but they for sure gonna get time if their is footage of this.

:delicious
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38610 on: January 27, 2023, 05:59:48 PM »

Be scared.

Does this mean there's a chance that stupid little bitch-made bitch Tucker reading this?
On a Ree members only section, sure.
If Tucker Carlson found out about ResetEra he'd never be without content for his show.
It would be like finding El Dorado.
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #38611 on: January 27, 2023, 06:00:31 PM »
Quote from: ZeoVGM
Get ready for this to be one of the common talking points on Fox News and other far-right media. They will use this specific murder to push a false narrative that white supremacy isn't embedded at the core of American police.

Of course, the phrase is "ACAB" for a fucking reason.

All means all.

Quote from: Dreams-Visions
I half expect the angle to be that kneegrows can't be trusted to be police officers or hold positions of power

civilized society just has no room for these savages!

:lawd

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38612 on: January 27, 2023, 06:01:58 PM »

Basically, you must prostrate yourself in front of them daily chanting "trans rights and human rights!!!" for you to be considered an "ally." This is cultish behavior. This is something you'd expect out of a Scientologist's mouth.

We all know this ain't true. Since you all happily launch internet mobs at anyone of note on social media saying they want to play HL, even getting that person fired from their job if you all could. Having even a simple, closed off OT you all could easily ignore wasn't enough. The game needed a full banning off the site. Anything less was perpetuating "trans genocide."

People have no obligation to shut up because you people can't stop stalking others to see if they dared say they played "the wizard game." 90% of your issues about seeing HL discussion would be solved by GETTING OFF TWITTER, which you all said you'd do anyway when Musk took over. What happened about that?
Can't wait until trophies/achievements are used as evidence to ban people.
 :sicko
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38613 on: January 27, 2023, 06:04:08 PM »
Hey folks,

We apologize for making our own thread derail. If you'd like to discuss this further my PMs are open or feel free to submit a ticket. This subject is very important to us so please continue.

Was the message changed?

Yes they edited it. Looks like Messy remains banned while the Richter one was reversed.
This is straight from 1984. Rewrite history to erase any evidence of the overlords having used wrongspeak/wrongthought.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38614 on: January 27, 2023, 06:06:17 PM »
I can't wait for the Hogwart's Legacy to turn out to be the general populace turning on these mentally ill douchebags.

You want people to be allies? Act the complete opposite of how you act now. How is this absolutely deranged behaviour helping any trans cause. The biggest damage isn't done by JK Rowling. It's done by you lunatics. Show some decorum for crying out loud.

You don't want to be hated? Don't make it so goddamn easy for people to hate you.

Pouring one out for the trans people that are actually just trying to live their lives.

what fucking sucks is how thoroughly the wagons are circled

if you sin, you are expelled from the culture, and all potential future support or help

so it already sucks being a trans person in general, you hate the body you're stuck in and how society treats you, and all you have is the community to validate you and source you cheap hormones and retweet your tweets

but step out of line once and say "...actually I like harry potter and will be playing the game regardless" and you're turbofucked

if you ever have a bad day and need support, you're not getting it, one of the most vulnerable types of people and you've been made persona non grata

this has the effect of literally making rejection of Wizard Game an actual part of the trans identity and experience, it's inextricable, how fucking insane is that
Uncle

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #38615 on: January 27, 2023, 06:53:46 PM »
B Dumbs should be consider an honorary The Bore member based on how often he appears to lurk in the JK Rowling thread.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38616 on: January 27, 2023, 07:00:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-34#post-100352617
It's so strange to me that after watching Jessie Gender's big video on this, I still got two friends who just going by the title were absolutely convinced that they have to support the game and had no problems telling me, a person who came out to them as non-binary that it doesn't matter.

One of them I've completely shut out and they're constantly calling me now not understanding why I could be so close-minded.

I truly don't know what to say to most people they don't seem to understand what their impact does but then again there are people even on the site who defend silly corporations for even weirder things. I still will slide I people who still buy Tesla's more that they know how Musk really is. And of course if somebody who is native I just have to roll my eyes at the stands who are excited over a movie making billions of dollars, but somehow ignoring the whole white savior nonsense.

Nobody's perfect and everybody has blind spots... Lord knows I've had mine and I've dealt with them as I can, but I'm trying to be a better person and hell acknowledging that no one really can be a true hero and and that those you look up to there will always be something.

What's important to me is that I do my part I try my best to let people know that hey I'm here for you we're all in this together. If no one stands up then at least let me be there as well. Because of the bigotry gets ignored, the rest of the racism and other stuff will be just as consumable.
I have a cousin who came out as transgender last year who is buying the game. They don't like Rowling but say the whole thing is an overreaction and everyone supports companies who do bad things. As she is a billionaire either way. I shared this post with him and he shrugged his shoulders basically.

Some people take the position that you can't support Rowling in any way without being a bigot. While others are fine turning a blind eye to things she has said.

I have shared this original post to many people including my cousin. But it seems most people don't really care either way. Is it just ignorance do you think? Or what causes some people to care so much and some don't care at all about her views.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #38617 on: January 27, 2023, 07:02:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-100352788
Yes my sibling is trans but for some reason thinks that it's justifiable to hound and harass people if you think that they deserve it.

Get him a Era account.  He will fit in seamlessly.

But it seems most people don't really care either way. Is it just ignorance do you think? Or what causes some people to care so much and some don't care at all about her views.

Why doesn't everyone think the same way I do?  Do they have different thoughts and emotion too?  Like a mind that I don't share?

Theory of Mind continues to elude Era.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-100352284
And of course if somebody who is native I just have to roll my eyes at the stands who are excited over a movie making billions of dollars, but somehow ignoring the whole white savior nonsense.

A native person enjoying a movie I think he shouldn't! 
sigh

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38618 on: January 27, 2023, 07:08:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-34#post-100353682

Quote from: RustyNails
Quote from: B-Dubs
What did we literally tell you all about advocating for us to ban stuff? Did we literally say not to do it and if you did we'd toss you? Did we not say that on multiple occasions?

You're frustrated? I'm frustrated that people can't follow a basic rule that they've been given advanced warning of. How many times do we need to say not to do something before people listen?
"ban stuff" is pretty broad, dont you think? Sources SHOULD be open to bans, as opposed to discusion of things. If sources are also a banned topic of discussion, it must be clarified. Messofanego is one the best and brightest posters on this website, and he got a two week banhammer for pointing out a source is a transphobe. His ban should be immediately reversed.

:popcorn
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #38619 on: January 27, 2023, 07:12:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/5-memphis-officers-fired-after-death-of-man-update-officers-charged-with-second-degree-murder-see-staff-post.678046/page-5#post-100344307

Quote from: Funkelpop
I always hated cops but the last time I remember watching a video that made me so pissed off and angry was the Daniel Shaver video. If this ends up even worse, I may actually end up protesting or something.

:salute
OBE

Boredfrom

« Reply #38620 on: January 27, 2023, 07:14:27 PM »

if you sin, you are expelled from the culture, and all potential future support or help

so it already sucks being a trans person in general, you hate the body you're stuck in and how society treats you, and all you have is the community to validate you and source you cheap hormones and retweet your tweets

but step out of line once and say "...actually I like harry potter and will be playing the game regardless" and you're turbofucked

if you ever have a bad day and need support, you're not getting it, one of the most vulnerable types of people and you've been made persona non grata

this has the effect of literally making rejection of Wizard Game an actual part of the trans identity and experience, it's inextricable, how fucking insane is that

Thats how they fucked Chloe Sagal and how brainwashed Android Sophia.

They have done a lot of awful shit since OldGaf. Say what you will of BCT, but they are not as toxic as TransRE.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38621 on: January 27, 2023, 07:24:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-34#post-100353682

What did we literally tell you all about advocating for us to ban stuff? Did we literally say not to do it and if you did we'd toss you? Did we not say that on multiple occasions?

You're frustrated? I'm frustrated that people can't follow a basic rule that they've been given advanced warning of. How many times do we need to say not to do something before people listen?
"ban stuff" is pretty broad, dont you think? Sources SHOULD be open to bans, as opposed to discusion of things. If sources are also a banned topic of discussion, it must be clarified. Messofanego is one the best and brightest posters on this website, and he got a two week banhammer for pointing out a source is a transphobe. His ban should be immediately reversed.

:foodcourt :hhh :nope

Superstar

« Reply #38622 on: January 27, 2023, 07:29:05 PM »
Mods banned the police brutality video before it was even out

Bodycam footage of Tyre Nichols' death has been released. Because of its extensively graphic nature, as well as concerns over how traumatizing the spread of these videos can be for Black members, we're banning the video from being posted. Discussion of the contents will be allowed, but detailed descriptions of the footage must be spoiler tagged; if you have to ask, err on the side of caution and tag it. Failure to heed any of these rules will result in actioning as we see fit.

Averon

« Reply #38623 on: January 27, 2023, 07:40:42 PM »
Ehh...I agree with them on that ban. Saw some clips and shit was brutal and cruel. The victim was used as a pinata.

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #38624 on: January 27, 2023, 07:58:41 PM »
I'm curious on how GOTY voting is gonna work next year for these nerds. It seems a good chunk of the normies on the board are gonna pick up the EVILLEST GAME EVER MADE SRS BSNS and it looks like it'll be pretty good, so if you vote for it are they gonna ban you? Where does this shit end?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38625 on: January 27, 2023, 08:00:13 PM »

Had a party at the office with some clients and (former) co-workers.
The topic of gaming came up as some just bought PS5's. They were excited for Hogwarts because they all loved Harry Potter as kids and to my surprise they started to talk about the trans issues related to the game.
These are meme aware folks sure but they're not much into the online community stuff they just play God of War because it's the hot new game or Call of Duty or whatever is big at any given moment.
Some guy explained he never pre-orders and always waits for deals but he made an exception for Hogwarts Legacy because he and his wife can't wait to play it.

The trans community really barked up the wrong tree here. They don't understand how popular JK Rowling's writings are and how big Harry Potter is.

I took away 2 things away from this:
This game is going to be absolutely massive. It's reaching out to that GTA/Assassins Creed/FIFA/Madden market even more so than Elden Ring already did. Let's say 7 out of 10 in this crowd skipped out on Elden Ring so far because they thought it would be too difficult but they were interested in it and might pick it up later, one girl especially because George R.R. Martin worked on the backstory.

The trans community is unlikely to recover if they continue this nonsense. It's like admitting that you hate cats. No one will like or want to engage with them.
🤴

Daffy Duck

« Reply #38626 on: January 27, 2023, 08:06:34 PM »
Oh for sure Hogwarts Legacy is going to be absolutely massive

Averon

« Reply #38627 on: January 27, 2023, 08:13:17 PM »
They are getting pissy a rapist isn't going to a women's prison. Safe to say the trans community--at least the always online set--have completely lost it.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38628 on: January 27, 2023, 08:18:10 PM »

User threadbanned: continuing derail

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38629 on: January 27, 2023, 08:26:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-think-the-internet-affects-who-were-attracted-to.680473/
The Tinder incel
I honestly don't know how to really phrase this thread or how to even title it, but it's something I've been ruminating on for about 5 years in my own head and with my therapists.

So basically, do you think the Internet, especially those who grew up with it while we were developing our sexuality and attractions, were affected by it? I grew up in a very isolated rural town and went to a Christian school that basically pretended that attraction to any sex or gender didn't exist. I didn't really learn anything from my parents either. But I did have the Internet and I was exposed to a lot of extreme stuff from a really early age. I don't really want to get into it, but it was stuff that you would definitely either put a CW on or outright report it. But for the most part, I was infatuated with erotic illustrations (i.e. hentai) from middle school through basically the modern day.

Now that I'm 33, I've kind of realized that I just don't find anybody my own age or those who just have an air of a mature woman about them, attractive at all. I mostly find petite women or those who have youthful features attractive. This led me to looking at teen porn and usually in all the wrong places, and you know where this is going, led me to looking at some child sexual abuse materials. It really, really fucked me up bad. I had to go to two different therapists over five years wanting to first kill myself and then just being worried that I was a pedophile. While I've mostly put these behind me, I still find myself only able to be attracted to "younger" looking people and my therapists all tell me that we're just attracted to what we're attracted to saying it's an innate thing that we just have - similar to one's sexual identity - just something you're born with.

I push back sometimes and say that I think the stuff that I was exposed to as a kid is what influenced my attraction and that if I wasn't, I would have developed normally. They tell me that's just self destructive talk and that I'm normal. I know era isn't a psychiatrist but I'd still like the opinions of those who are largely around my age who maybe had similar experiences and what they think. Do you think what we're exposed to at a young age has an effect on our attractions and sexuality? And is the Internet responsible for those of who at least feel we're abnormal?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 10:52:19 PM by Taco Bell Tower »

Boredfrom

« Reply #38630 on: January 27, 2023, 08:30:52 PM »

Feels like B-Dumb banned Hogwarts Legacy just to stop TransRE whining while expecting, for some crazy reason, that they stopped asking for bans.

Like a mother buying a toy for her child just to shut him up, and later being surprised the child is asking for more.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #38631 on: January 27, 2023, 08:39:10 PM »
Lol, definitely seems like it

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38632 on: January 27, 2023, 08:46:37 PM »
This led me to looking at teen porn and usually in all the wrong places, and you know where this is going, led me to looking at some child sexual abuse materials. It really, really fucked me up bad.
Oh poor you, spend 3 hours digging through shady sites to get your rocks off. If you go from hentai to child abuse, that's on you.
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #38633 on: January 27, 2023, 08:49:28 PM »
what the fuck.   what possesses someone to post that shit.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #38634 on: January 27, 2023, 08:50:57 PM »

Feels like B-Dumb banned Hogwarts Legacy just to stop TransRE whining while expecting, for some crazy reason, that they stopped asking for bans.

Like a mother buying a toy for her child just to shut him up, and later being surprised the child is asking for more.

Quote from: Melody Shreds
I agree with the this. The ban was absolutely unfair and undue.

:judgement :cruise

Polident Hive

« Reply #38635 on: January 27, 2023, 08:53:37 PM »
  :wut

« Reply #38636 on: January 27, 2023, 09:11:11 PM »
This is just a lot, from the JK hate thread:

Quote from: Patsy
Aside from what others already said, I'd also like to mention that trans people really are not a monolith & that you'll always find ones who only care about themselves. I'm not saying that that's what your cousin is like, but trans men & transmasc people do not automatically care about trans women & transfem people & vice versa as much as they obviously should. Buck Angel is one of the vilest transmisogynistic pigs out there & he's a trans man. A few years back, I got into tons of arguments with freshly transitioning trans boys/young men my age who were utterly transmisogynistic towards friends of mine while also being really fucking lesbophobic & dismissive of lesbians using he/him pronouns. Again, I'm not saying your cousin is that way at all. But things like these are a good thing to keep in mind in general when you see some trans & otherwise queer people supporting JKR or otherwise not giving a fuck about her transphobia. Same with any other fucked creators.

There'll always be people who do not give a fuck about the feelings of the general population they're a part of & I honestly don't even think it's worth tirelessly arguing with them especially if they're really young & stubborn. Giving them good sources is always great, but chances are that they'll probably grow out of that phase at some point if they're not already completely lost. There's tons of people who used to be fans of a super gross transmedicalist trans man on Youtube called Kalvin Garrah, who now that they're a few years older, realized just how fucked up & harmful the shit he spread was. Definitely give your cousin the articles deimos shared if you think they might help, but you can't force him to change his mind of course & none of us can really help with that either as we don't know him personally.

And like everyone else said, we can't absolve you of your guilt for buying TERF Legacy if you can't stop yourself. All I'm asking is that if you choose to get it, do not fucking mention it in here, because that's the last shit we need. We can't baby you people & tell you that it's okay to buy the wizard game & that you're forgiven & whatnot. Make up your own mind & keep to your morals if you have any. Also, no amount of donation will make it feel less gross, if you had considered that to off-set the purchase. Just don't ask trans people for help on an "issue" that's already been tirelessly discussed in here & don't take the opinion of one sole trans man as gospel when there's so many (especially transfem) voices in this thread & elsewhere who've talked about how deep JKR's hatred & harm towards trans people - especially trans women - runs.

Much like cis women should apparently defer to trans women when it comes to feminism, trans men should apparently also play second fiddle to trans women when it comes to trans issues. Because it is not even remotely possible a person could be informed, have views, and just come up with a different mental calculus for the appropriate response.

I have no idea what needle of moderation BDubs thinks they're threading right now, but constantly boosting one echo chamber over everyone else is working out great so far.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38637 on: January 27, 2023, 09:26:46 PM »
Isn't it funny how minorities and their opinions are always a monolith until that's not convenient anymore? So if they're not a monolith why is any attack on the RE crazies considered an attack on the trans community as a whole? Why do they constantly speak for everyone trans? Why should anyone give a shit about what they say?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38638 on: January 27, 2023, 09:27:36 PM »

They smell blood. How long until the feeding frenzy begins?

Edit: How long until they realise that bchubbs is a paid moba employee and they can't just remove him without resorting to the same cancel culture tactics as that LRG woman?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 09:47:25 PM by Potato »
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38639 on: January 27, 2023, 09:31:13 PM »
Mods banned the police brutality video before it was even out

Bodycam footage of Tyre Nichols' death has been released. Because of its extensively graphic nature, as well as concerns over how traumatizing the spread of these videos can be for Black members, we're banning the video from being posted. Discussion of the contents will be allowed, but detailed descriptions of the footage must be spoiler tagged; if you have to ask, err on the side of caution and tag it. Failure to heed any of these rules will result in actioning as we see fit.
It would be fine if it was just kids having a little bit of chaos. But (black) cops deciding a little bit of chaos is fun and they go and ban everything because it's traumatic.
Spud