Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1824584 times)

ShutUp

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #7860 on: November 16, 2021, 09:24:32 PM »
The Marvel stans are manning all of the battle stations tonight in that Spider-Man trailer thread. “It’s going to be the biggest movie of the pandemic era so shut up!!!” Jesus Christ the brain rot

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #7861 on: November 16, 2021, 09:30:33 PM »

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1460737760625668098?s=20

How many bot swarms does Patrick use? because I refuse to believe he got 2k likes for that distinguished mentally-challenged hot take.

Quote from: FHUTABoy
Polygon explicitly calling for Kotick to resign. The role of a good press is beyond providing raw information, it's context and guidance.

This fucking twat. The role of a good press is arguable on the context, but guidance?? Guidance is advocacy and that takes you out of the role of being press you dumbass. As if GAMING media have enough respect and nouse to act like their condemnation or endorsement has any affect past pre-order numbers.

Boredfrom

« Reply #7862 on: November 16, 2021, 09:45:23 PM »
Quote from: SanTheSly
Just utterly speechless at all of this. The covering up of abuse I had already assumed, that much seemed a given considering the state of ActiBlizz up until now.

Threatening to kill a former assistant and the second mass walkout not being enough to sway the board of directors from dropping this fetid stain of a human being from his CEO position though? I'm just... wordless and stunned at the rationale of sticking by him. 

Why the fuck a mass walkout will sway a bunch of executives from a notoriously ruthless video game company.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #7863 on: November 16, 2021, 09:49:22 PM »
Got it once when I was 16. Caught it from my uncle who thought it was a good idea to attend a party after he had barely recovered himself. Shook his hand at the start of the evening and around midnight I was camping on the toilet myself.

It was actually a traumatic experience for me. My mental health was already going downhill and I was in full control freak mode, just desperately clinging onto everything that gave me a sense of stability. And then I started vomitting and crapping my ass out and I felt so powerless. Awful, awful time. I still have a fear of vomitting (the act, not the vomit itself) and I'm glad it has been 13 years and counting since I last had to.

I wonder if he tried wearing a Casio F-91W?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7864 on: November 16, 2021, 09:57:17 PM »
Quote from: Messofanego
I have had 3 of these over 3 decades. I moved around a lot growing up due to my dad being a surgeon. If anyone knows of psychoanalysis, this would be my transitional object. This, from the age of 9, was a symbol of stability when my world wasn't. Losing friends, changing schools, new people, uncertainty, anxiety. But the Casio F-91W was always on my wrist. With big adjustments such as moving countries, at least I could make small adjustments on a watch like change to the right time zone. I have a lot of sentimental value to this watch. If I don't wear it when I'm out, I feel naked and unsure slightly.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/let’s-talk-about-the-casio-f-91w-which-is-the-greatest-digital-watch-ever-made.515157/

:heh

What. The. Fuck.

How do you do, fellow humans?  :beetlejuice
Margs

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #7865 on: November 16, 2021, 11:00:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-has-now-sold-4-million-units.515148/
Wound up getting this game because I forgot to turn off the Humble subscription that month. Giving whatever tiny share of my money to those guys still causes me annoyance to this day. Still never bothered to try it.
:stahp

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7866 on: November 16, 2021, 11:16:30 PM »

what reee account is this one  ???

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #7867 on: November 17, 2021, 12:45:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-has-now-sold-4-million-units.515148/
Wound up getting this game because I forgot to turn off the Humble subscription that month. Giving whatever tiny share of my money to those guys still causes me annoyance to this day. Still never bothered to try it.
Incoming ban:
Just announce a sequel, please.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #7868 on: November 17, 2021, 12:52:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-feel-like-the-comments-my-mom-made-when-my-dog-passed-say-a-lot-about-her-character.515184/#post-77190882
When she’s old remind her that “she’s old and it would be a waste of money” to help her.

jfc and some are agreeing to this, even the OP

Averon

« Reply #7869 on: November 17, 2021, 01:08:33 AM »
A lot of them really seems to have a massive chip on their shoulder regarding their parents and family in general. They regularly have borderline violent tendencies towards family and strongly advocate cutting off all family from your life for often petty reasons. Of course, these same people also complain about being alone on special occasions like birthdays and holidays.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #7870 on: November 17, 2021, 01:16:39 AM »
A lot of them really seems to have a massive chip on their shoulder regarding their parents and family in general. They regularly have borderline violent tendencies towards family and strongly advocate cutting off all family from your life for often petty reasons. Of course, these same people also complain about being alone on special occasions like birthdays and holidays.
cult mentality

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7871 on: November 17, 2021, 01:25:51 AM »

This is an exact line from Era regarding George Floyd's murderer being found guilty.  "Why did it take so long?"

When Kenosha Killer gets off via self-defense and it takes 40 days and 40 nights they will cry, "Why didn't they spend longer deciding?"

It's just Histrionic Fox News Viewers/Hyperventilating Liberal Jackass logic.  When your side gets a self-defense is good, when their side gets one is travesty of justice. 
sigh

Tektonic

• OG Cracker

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #7873 on: November 17, 2021, 02:04:38 AM »

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1460737760625668098?s=20

How many bot swarms does Patrick use? because I refuse to believe he got 2k likes for that distinguished mentally-challenged hot take.
Klepek: "Polygon explicitly calling for Kotick to resign. The role of a good press is beyond providing raw information, it's context and guidance. This is a really important moment in games media, I think, and it's (correctly) the top story on Polygon."

Bobby Kotick: "Shut up Polygon and reprint my press release, or else."

Polygon: "Or else what?"

Kotick: "Or, I pull all our advertising and stop giving you early access to our games for review, else."

Polygon: *Pulls article* "Shut up Patrick."
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #7874 on: November 17, 2021, 02:13:20 AM »
Quote from: pleaseinsertdisctwo
I brushed that off, and then later I brought up how our dog would always be super happy when my mom was about to come home (as in, when my dog could hear her footsteps or her voice and would get excited), and then my mom said "she was the only one who loved me!!" in a tone that was like "ugh, only the DOG loved me." And then she later said "I gave her food and water every day" and she said it as if that's supposed to prove love.

And a couple of hours later I was obviously still crying and grieving and my mom was just saying "stop it!!" over and over again, as if that's helpful lol.
Let me get this straight...this useless sack of shit didn't even feed his own damn dog and he is going to complain that his mother wasn't willing to pay $3000+ to keep a dying dog on oxygen in a vet hospital?

Fuck outta here you waste of sperm...
Spud

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #7875 on: November 17, 2021, 03:20:52 AM »
correct me if I'm wrong, is this the same person who also had their mom cancel their birthday party?
They also had some weird shit with the neighbours parrots getting taken away or some shit?

Or is this someone sperging to that level?

Help me!

Averon

« Reply #7876 on: November 17, 2021, 03:30:40 AM »
Quote from: beelulzebub
Threads like this are fucking wack. There are always two conversations going on at once, one about JKR (or CDPR in CP2077 threads) being transphobic, and the other just ignoring that conversation as if it were not happening at all.

They really, really hate it when people ignore them and don't take their bait. I remember that driving them nuts during the CP 2077 fiasco as well. :lol

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #7877 on: November 17, 2021, 04:01:58 AM »
android Sophia:
(Content Warning: Disability, discrimination, politics, death, COVID, and a bunch of related topics. This was really hard for me to write with my current neurocognitive issues, and I had to stop more than once to gather my thoughts and prevent myself from crying. Even now, there are warning alarms going off in my head as I type this out. I feel this needs to be said, but I completely understand if you need to skip it. I tried to make the last paragraph as safe as I could, if you just want to read the end.)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/transgender-awareness-week-2021-13th-19th-november.513777/page-2#post-77134647

Popped into the trans awareness week thread and lord this is not the type of awareness I needed.

I find it quite funny that the trans community back when era first started used to be alright and then ketkat started shitting up the place and being so fucking aggressive to people it actually turned more people against the community on a whole, then we had the whole looking at mods discord saga and that just blew up even further, then the grand CDPR saga and demands which included the unbanning of ketkat. It's almost like a military operation on that site to try get her back on, I wouldn't be shocked if ketkat is actually on the site to this day under another username. But at the same time the way that they acted all the time would probably make it impossible to hide themselves as they loved being a fucking cunt and causing shit. Now they're just ignored mostly and I would imagine a lot of people just straight up probably hit ignore on the threads. Coming back to Cyberpunk, I found it absolutely hilarious that Kyuuji after all the shit they said about the game being anti trans and they wouldn't support it found it absolutely fine to play it because it wasn't their money being used to support the company, this mother fucker played through the game 3-4 times to get all the endings and their view was, wow game is bad.

I am very much looking forward to Hogwarts gate to kick off so Kyuuji can get another free game to "Review" as a trans voice.

Trans people I have met in real life are super chill and nice and I have absolutely no issues with, these fuckers are grifters online and probably just larping.

BisMarckie

« Reply #7878 on: November 17, 2021, 04:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Messofanego
I have had 3 of these over 3 decades. I moved around a lot growing up due to my dad being a surgeon. If anyone knows of psychoanalysis, this would be my transitional object. This, from the age of 9, was a symbol of stability when my world wasn't. Losing friends, changing schools, new people, uncertainty, anxiety. But the Casio F-91W was always on my wrist. With big adjustments such as moving countries, at least I could make small adjustments on a watch like change to the right time zone. I have a lot of sentimental value to this watch. If I don't wear it when I'm out, I feel naked and unsure slightly.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/let’s-talk-about-the-casio-f-91w-which-is-the-greatest-digital-watch-ever-made.515157/

:heh

What. The. Fuck.

Messy could write for the J. Peterman catalog

SmokyDave

« Reply #7879 on: November 17, 2021, 04:15:30 AM »
See, I was avoiding that thread (to be fair, Kyuuji has definitely put some effort in), but this post is giving me all kinds of bigoted thoughts and feelings:

Quote from: Jazzy Heck
It too me years to get from the point of desperately wishing I was a girl all the time, to the point where I actually accepted that I was trans. Fear and denial are a hell of a thing.

If you're not sure if you're trans but you think you might be

💖 Turn Me Into A Girl! 💖
You could totally be a girl if you wanted. No matter who you are or what you've been through, don't let anything stop you from living as your best self!
turnmeintoagirl.com

basically just go to this site and have a big think about how it makes you feel

This is just fucked up. I'm not even going to try and put words to how skeevy I'm finding this. One of the first tweets on that page:

"Guys, don't sit around longing for a cute girlfriend, just get out there and become a cute girlfriend instead"

Now THIS shit is problematic as fuck to me, and yet there it is, happily sitting in the thread. Mmm hmm.

BisMarckie

« Reply #7880 on: November 17, 2021, 04:24:58 AM »
Congratulations. You’re a girl now.
You might not feel much different yet, but that’s okay. Only a girl would have wanted to click that button. That means you’re a girl on the inside, through and through.

If you need permission to live your life as a woman, you have it. If this is what you want, don’t let anyone -- including yourself -- hold you back. And if you ever want to change your mind about this later, that's totally fine. Your choice is 100% valid. Give yourself the chance to explore!

Good luck out there. We’re rooting for you. 💖

:rejoice:

Ghoul

« Reply #7881 on: November 17, 2021, 04:31:20 AM »
Congratulations. You’re a girl now.
You might not feel much different yet, but that’s okay. Only a girl would have wanted to click that button. That means you’re a girl on the inside, through and through.

If you need permission to live your life as a woman, you have it. If this is what you want, don’t let anyone -- including yourself -- hold you back. And if you ever want to change your mind about this later, that's totally fine. Your choice is 100% valid. Give yourself the chance to explore!

Good luck out there. We’re rooting for you. 💖

:rejoice:

Shotgun on that pussy!

That's totally fine. Don't worry about it.

No pressure. You are completely valid no matter who you are. We'll always be here for you if you ever want to come back later.

You're a good person.

Gonna print this out and use it as a pass to prove I'm not a bigot.

SmokyDave

« Reply #7882 on: November 17, 2021, 04:32:36 AM »
SHOTG...

Ah, fuck you Ghoul.

BisMarckie

« Reply #7883 on: November 17, 2021, 05:07:10 AM »
As a woman, I am tired of being hit on when I am just minding my business.

Not surprising though, this site is full of,boys club rhetoric.  ::)

Snoopycat_

« Reply #7884 on: November 17, 2021, 05:47:19 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

what reee account is this one  ???

Is that Amir0x's sister? Mother of God. We were wrong all this time. Amir0x is innocent!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7885 on: November 17, 2021, 06:10:39 AM »
Innocent is a stretch

Snoopycat_

« Reply #7886 on: November 17, 2021, 06:43:47 AM »
That's what she said

SmokyDave

« Reply #7887 on: November 17, 2021, 07:44:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/stanley-johnson-father-of-boris-johnson-accused-of-inappropriately-touching-two-women.515289/#post-77214441

Quote from: TheGummyBear
It's fascinating that this isn't being covered by the BBC at all, just weeks after they published an article accusing trans women of abusing lesbians and pressuring them into sex.

What a strange thing to lie about: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59303410

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #7888 on: November 17, 2021, 07:48:46 AM »
is it a lie when you live in an alternate reality :ohhh
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7889 on: November 17, 2021, 07:55:58 AM »
See, I was avoiding that thread (to be fair, Kyuuji has definitely put some effort in), but this post is giving me all kinds of bigoted thoughts and feelings:

It too me years to get from the point of desperately wishing I was a girl all the time, to the point where I actually accepted that I was trans. Fear and denial are a hell of a thing.

💖 Turn Me Into A Girl! 💖
You could totally be a girl if you wanted. No matter who you are or what you've been through, don't let anything stop you from living as your best self!
turnmeintoagirl.com

This is just fucked up. I'm not even going to try and put words to how skeevy I'm finding this. One of the first tweets on that page:

"Guys, don't sit around longing for a cute girlfriend, just get out there and become a cute girlfriend instead"

Now THIS shit is problematic as fuck to me, and yet there it is, happily sitting in the thread. Mmm hmm.

see again

covering a site with pink text and hearts and bubbles and sparkles is infantilizing towards women  :-*

we've known this for years with the outrage sparked by stupid companies making a pink computer for women or a pink car for women

femininity is more than stereotypes

and to say "because I like kewt things and feel so uwu must mean I'm a woman" is actually reinforcing the gender binary

liking any kind of thing or aesthetic does not imply you are or aren't a gender
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7890 on: November 17, 2021, 08:51:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/stanley-johnson-father-of-boris-johnson-accused-of-inappropriately-touching-two-women.515289/#post-77214441

It's fascinating that this isn't being covered by the BBC at all, just weeks after they published an article accusing trans women of abusing lesbians and pressuring them into sex.

What a strange thing to lie about: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59303410

Reading the article, just what is up with the Johnson family

When approached about his alleged behaviour, Mr Johnson said: "I have no recollection of Caroline Nokes at all - but there you go. And no reply... Hey ho, good luck and thanks."
:lol

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #7891 on: November 17, 2021, 08:59:05 AM »
The hell is mess talking lol

Severe OCD.  Good thing he's a therapist.

:huh

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7892 on: November 17, 2021, 09:14:58 AM »

💖 Turn Me Into A Girl! 💖
turnmeintoagirl.com

see again

covering a site with pink text and hearts and bubbles and sparkles is infantilizing towards women  :-*

we've known this for years with the outrage sparked by stupid companies making a pink computer for women or a pink car for women

femininity is more than stereotypes

and to say "because I like kewt things and feel so uwu must mean I'm a woman" is actually reinforcing the gender binary

liking any kind of thing or aesthetic does not imply you are or aren't a gender

It's 👏 2021 👏 Men 👏 Can 👏 Wear 👏 Dresses 👏 And 👏 Be 👏 UwU 👏 Thanks 👏 To 👏 Harry 👏 Styles 👏
©@©™

« Reply #7893 on: November 17, 2021, 09:48:16 AM »

A shame cyberpunk crapped the bed. I always love a salty KCD thread, here hoping the Harry Potter rpg is good too.

HaughtyFrank

Snoopycat_

« Reply #7895 on: November 17, 2021, 09:58:28 AM »
The hell is mess talking lol

Severe OCD.  Good thing he's a therapist.

:huh

What’s happened there is Messi’s got confused about being and seeing. He probably thinks he made Star Wars

« Reply #7896 on: November 17, 2021, 10:07:52 AM »
They're still doing the "no cyberpunk threads" thing  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-closer-look-the-hidden-genius-of-cyberpunk-2077s-world-%E2%80%94-how-to-do-exposition.515319/

I love how activision/blizzard is like magnitudes worse and everyone is like ohwaitthatwasdifferent.gif when pressed on any censoring of their dozens of threads, bunch of cowards.  :lol

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #7898 on: November 17, 2021, 10:52:30 AM »

His reply is joyous after he was corrected.

I retract that criticism then.

I will have to see if I can fish out their article on it, just to compare and contrast the language with the transphobic piece and see if they use more conciliatory language, or "the other side of the argument" to defend Stanley Johnson in a way they decided to omit from the accusations against trans people.

Detective GummyBear on the case!  :social :social2

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #7899 on: November 17, 2021, 10:53:11 AM »

The bbc does have an article about it, I just didn’t want to use it as a source after the transphobia of the last month.
I retract that criticism then.

I will have to see if I can fish out their article on it, just to compare and contrast the language with the transphobic piece and see if they use more conciliatory language, or "the other side of the argument" to defend Stanley Johnson in a way they decided to omit from the accusations against trans people.

Didn't even tried looking before lol
Edited: Beaten by The Resetera Punisher

Taco Bell Tower

jorma

« Reply #7901 on: November 17, 2021, 11:57:34 AM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #7903 on: November 17, 2021, 12:30:08 PM »

A shame cyberpunk crapped the bed. I always love a salty KCD thread, here hoping the Harry Potter rpg is good too.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1461017870683488262
©@©™

« Reply #7904 on: November 17, 2021, 12:50:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kyle-rittenhouse-judge-rules-link-to-proud-boys-would-be-poison-at-trial.488062/post-77232381
Quote from: Nepenthe
Massive miscarriages of justice with regards to white killers are so common at this point that it can't really be accurately described as a miscarriage if the country operates on the belief that whites should just be able to do whatever they want without consequence. Subsequently, nothing is going to happen to Rittenhouse. Zimmerman is still alive after all.

I had to read this twice because my brain kept wanting that last sentence to be "Zimmerman is still free after all." and not basically an expression of disappointment that nobody vigilante murdered the guy. Rittenhouse case pointing out some absolute bullshit in our legal system (the barrel length thing leading to dropping the weapons charge should cause a review of those laws, but won't) but pointing to the lack of vigilante murdering is a choice. The story wouldn't end there--whoever took out Zimmerman would end up charged with murder and I don't see the results of that follow-up trial doing much to convince people the justice system is making progress on race relations.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #7905 on: November 17, 2021, 12:53:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/were-the-ads-on-era-always-so-bad.515439/
MOBA and Cerium:  :money

moba stock soared 20% on todays report btw  :lol

Some good news for the Neogaf guys who bought some stocks so they could complain about Resetera to MOBA  :lol

BikeJesus

« Reply #7906 on: November 17, 2021, 12:58:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kyle-rittenhouse-judge-rules-link-to-proud-boys-would-be-poison-at-trial.488062/post-77233452

Quote from: Nepnep
If people want to come to protests armed, I'm not going to stop them, nor will I lament what happens to emboldened right-wingers who try to Rittenhouse their way into protests in other states that ultimately don't concern them. They wanna get capped? Whatever.

Although I will admit I randomly had the fleeting thought last night that we need to fundamentally change the nature of how protesting operates. We spent untold amounts of energy and money last year just to, what? Ultimately get one cop out of thousands of cops with flagrant records of abuse and murder convicted? Kinda put out the idea of reallocating the billions we spend on these pigs to actual social betterment only for it to die at the hands of conservatives and fuck-ass liberals redirecting the conversation away from that onto their petty issues with the "defund" slogan? Have dumbass anarchistic whites use the protests as cover to LARP the LARP they've always dreamed of LARPING? And remember, that was all under conditions exacerbated by pandemic shutdowns. Working class people could finally take to the streets because, well, they weren't really working. We will not get that opportunity again for another lifetime.

Thus, we need to find ways to more efficiently direct civil ire onto those directly responsible for their woes. One idea I suggest is really, indeed, to roll up on the private homes of Republicans (preferably unarmed). They weren't really scared of what happened last year because some kid burning down a police station in a town they were never going to be in because of how Black it is doesn't really affect them. If nothing else, it's just red meat to the base- look at how they still stupidly think places like Portland were "burnt down" and literally don't exist as they once did anymore. But remember how caught off guard Darren Wilson was when they found his ass, and how they scrambled the troops? That was scary to them.

We need to start actually finding Republicans at this point. And yeah, I know the liberals won't like it because it's unbecoming. But I don't really care what liberals think because they're not after results.

Yikes. Brb, firing off a quick e-mail to MOBA networks.

SmokyDave

« Reply #7907 on: November 17, 2021, 01:14:15 PM »
“Working class people could finally take to the streets because, well, they weren't really working”

Ah yeah, this is definitely someone in touch with the proles, and not just some middle-class American kid pretending to be part of the struggle.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #7908 on: November 17, 2021, 01:14:53 PM »
Quote from: nep
If people want to come to protests armed, I'm not going to stop them, nor will I lament what happens to emboldened right-wingers who try to Rittenhouse their way into protests in other states that ultimately don't concern them. They wanna get capped? Whateve

How can you look at the Rittenhouse situation and come to this dumbass conclusion?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7909 on: November 17, 2021, 01:27:46 PM »
After work we got to defund the police, roll up on Poland find CD Project Red and put a cap in their ass #freepalestine  8)

I don't really care what liberals think because they're not after results.
🤴

fizzel

« Reply #7910 on: November 17, 2021, 01:39:24 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #7911 on: November 17, 2021, 01:54:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/were-the-ads-on-era-always-so-bad.515439/#post-77227671
That’s what I figured. I pay for no ads though, it’s worth it to me.

Log into the site. That heinous mess is only meant for lurkers (sorry lurkers). Once you’re logged in, it’s substantially cleaned up.
Yeah, I mean, lurkers get the short straw, that’s not unusual. Get a membership and log in!

Cerium:  :money. Also, people mentioning they get Trump ads, not sure why but we all know.  Y'all ain't slick  :bolo

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7912 on: November 17, 2021, 02:07:45 PM »
Also, people mentioning they get Trump ads, not sure why but we all know.  Y'all ain't slick  :bolo

They talk about him so much he's no longer living in their heads rent free, its ad supported like Hulu!

« Reply #7913 on: November 17, 2021, 02:10:37 PM »
People are now prepping to move the goalposts from 'you can't financially support the HP franchise without supporting JKR who will directly use your dollars to terrorize trans people' to  'Harry Potter should stay cancelled even if, theoretically, someone to buy JKR out so she no longer profits off the franchise because as long as she's alive you watching HP gives her power, even if not money':
Quote from: Jessi77
Nah, it isn’t just a case of “ enjoy what you want, other people are free to shame you”. Rowling uses the money and the mindshare to activity hurt trans people, when the UK government backed out of trans protections she was a big reason why. She is militarizing her fame and money to actively hurt people like me and if you are contributing to her mindshare I don’t care how many people you “ educate” you are still contributing to real world effects that are taking away the rights of people like me.

You cannot fence sit this one, you either support trans people and give up the HP, or you still interact with it and are helping her actively hurt me.

And no selling it doesn’t help her fame is half the issue and even without ownership or profit it being big still gives her as the creator a larger than normal voice. When she is dead we can talk.
Quote from: Kyuuji
I didn't mention anything about twitter, I said that the continued prominence and adoration of the Harry Potter IP goes hand in hand with her ability to influence people, like we've seen over the past year and a half. I'm suspect that a desire to see her cut materially from a future film, while allowing for some to feel better about engaging with it, would have a significant impact in this connection as it would sustain the IP and that that is tied to her in ways beyond money and contracts. The weight afforded to her is done so as the creator of the IP, not as a result of being the immediate beneficiary from it.

Cancel culture doesn't exist, but if someone sucks you're not allowed to enjoy anything they ever made until they die even if they're not actually profiting off it.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7914 on: November 17, 2021, 02:21:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kyle-rittenhouse-judge-rules-link-to-proud-boys-would-be-poison-at-trial.488062/post-77233452

Thus, we need to find ways to more efficiently direct civil ire onto those directly responsible for their woes. One idea I suggest is really, indeed, to roll up on the private homes of Republicans (preferably unarmed). They weren't really scared of what happened last year because some kid burning down a police station in a town they were never going to be in because of how Black it is doesn't really affect them. If nothing else, it's just red meat to the base- look at how they still stupidly think places like Portland were "burnt down" and literally don't exist as they once did anymore. But remember how caught off guard Darren Wilson was when they found his ass, and how they scrambled the troops? That was scary to them.

We need to start actually finding Republicans at this point. And yeah, I know the liberals won't like it because it's unbecoming. But I don't really care what liberals think because they're not after results.
Nepenthe personally lives in an area with millions of Republicans and moderate Democrats literally nearby, both groups which oppose the immediate "abolition of capitalism and colonialism" (and even Bernie's more tepid "social democracy"), has she ever done any kind of direct action other than threatening (after the fact and semi-anonymously) to use her capoeira on a rude Middle Eastern man serving her food?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7915 on: November 17, 2021, 02:25:19 PM »
A reminder that JKR has no political power whatsoever, and if she had the soft power claimed, Brexit wouldn't have happened and Labour would be in Government.

If the Uk Government 'backed out' from the proposed self identification bill as a result of JKR being 'a big reason why', it's because she pointed out what the proposed law was intending to do, and what was wrong with it.
Pink news called her a fucking liar TERF liar bitch TERF, and then had to officially retract that, because JKR had correctly stated what the law was going to mean, and her criticism of it was indeed merited.

Also note that the Uk government has at no time 'backed out of trans protections'; they killed a proposed self-identity bill at early draft. Trans citizens have all the same rights as every other citizen, under the same human rights legislations as other citizens. They actually have slightly more if you really want to get pedantic about it, although not to the extent that Stonewalls diversity service claimed they did (leaving subscribers to that service and adherents to their advice open to wrongful dismissal lawsuits).

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7916 on: November 17, 2021, 02:27:25 PM »

Nepenthe personally lives in an area with millions of Republicans and moderate Democrats literally nearby, both groups which oppose the immediate "abolition of capitalism and colonialism" (and even Bernie's more tepid "social democracy"), has she ever done any kind of direct action other than threatening (after the fact and semi-anonymously) to use her capoeira on a rude Middle Eastern man serving her food?

:ufup

She got a car loan from skinfolk instead of the White Supremacist Man, and also put someones change on the counter not in their hand once

:wag

benjipwns

« Reply #7917 on: November 17, 2021, 02:34:48 PM »
android Sophia:
(Content Warning: Disability, discrimination, politics, death, COVID, and a bunch of related topics. This was really hard for me to write with my current neurocognitive issues, and I had to stop more than once to gather my thoughts and prevent myself from crying. Even now, there are warning alarms going off in my head as I type this out. I feel this needs to be said, but I completely understand if you need to skip it. I tried to make the last paragraph as safe as I could, if you just want to read the end.)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/transgender-awareness-week-2021-13th-19th-november.513777/page-2#post-77134647
Quote from: Android Sophia
I am plural. This is tough to discuss, and even harder to explain. It's what some folks might call "multiple personalities", although I dislike that term and it's kind of offensive. I share my body with four others, and we work together as one to live. This isn't some sort of disorder, or something that needs fixing. It is simply who we are, and another aspect of our collective identity.

Trans people fucking die, that's what happens. This year has been one of the deadliest years on record, and every year we have to dedicate a day just to remember those who have been killed. Because if we didn't remember them, then society sure as hell would forget them.

As I said in my previous post, the last two years have been eye-opening. And these thoughts, especially the fact that this has been such a deadly year, weigh on me.

You cannot have women's rights without also ensuring the rights of trans women too. And if ALL black lives matter to you, then black trans lives also need to matter. There are so many different ways in which class, race, gender, sex, as well as disability intersect with each other. We can't live our lives without your help, and we can't fight this sociopolitical battle that's trying to take everything from us on our own. So in order to one day have a world where trans people don't have to fear discrimination, face stigma, or deal with the reality of a society that wants us excluded and dead, we need you to stand with us.
She needs to escape the catastrophic cult she has attached herself to and pursue proper mental health assistance.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7918 on: November 17, 2021, 02:41:04 PM »

If people want to come to protests armed, I'm not going to stop them, nor will I lament what happens to emboldened right-wingers who try to Rittenhouse their way into protests in other states that ultimately don't concern them. They wanna get capped? Whatever.

Although I will admit I randomly had the fleeting thought last night that we need to fundamentally change the nature of how protesting operates. We spent untold amounts of energy and money last year just to, what? Ultimately get one cop out of thousands of cops with flagrant records of abuse and murder convicted? Kinda put out the idea of reallocating the billions we spend on these pigs to actual social betterment only for it to die at the hands of conservatives and fuck-ass liberals redirecting the conversation away from that onto their petty issues with the "defund" slogan? Have dumbass anarchistic whites use the protests as cover to LARP the LARP they've always dreamed of LARPING? And remember, that was all under conditions exacerbated by pandemic shutdowns. Working class people could finally take to the streets because, well, they weren't really working. We will not get that opportunity again for another lifetime.

Yikes. Brb, firing off a quick e-mail to MOBA networks.

Although I will admit I randomly had the fleeting thought last night that we need to fundamentally change the nature of how protesting operates. We spent untold amounts of energy and money last year just to, what? Ultimately get one cop out of thousands of cops with flagrant records of abuse and murder convicted?

who could've predicted this :idont

"we've tried being peaceful for so long with no change, we've done sit-ins and marches and get no results, it's time to get violent and destroy our local target that the disadvantaged in our community rely on for daily necessities, but fuck them because PEOPLE matter more than BUILDINGS"

"oh wait burning it down solved nothing except causing my cousin to lose his job and subsequently his apartment"
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #7919 on: November 17, 2021, 02:41:50 PM »
I didn't mention anything about twitter, I said that the continued prominence and adoration of the Harry Potter IP goes hand in hand with her ability to influence people, like we've seen over the past year and a half. I'm suspect that a desire to see her cut materially from a future film, while allowing for some to feel better about engaging with it, would have a significant impact in this connection as it would sustain the IP and that that is tied to her in ways beyond money and contracts. The weight afforded to her is done so as the creator of the IP, not as a result of being the immediate beneficiary from it.
I think we can still fight J.K. Rowling and take the series from her. Maybe that is naive from me.
It's naive because it works under the assumption that despite that, people wouldn't continue to revere her and add weight to her words and opinions as the creator of the IP they're enjoying. It's also that you're working in a realm where the cost is a loss of your attachment to the IP and you're aiming to minimise that aspect, whereas the cost for trans people is lives, healthcare, safety, progress and general sentiment. So while minimising that cost is useful, the real goal is to pull it out at the root.
I'm shocked! Shocked! To see Kyuuji advocating a totalitarian worldview centered around what a single trans person wants.