Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785841 times)

ShutUp

Re: Official Off-site Discussion and Women Appreciation Thread |OT| #girlpower
« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2021, 03:54:18 PM »
Damn they are MAD that a woman dared criticize Rey in the sequel trilogy.  :lol Her criticisms were literally that they didnt put in the work to make a compelling female lead beyond “she’s a woman”. Her criticism has nothing to do with the fact the lead is a woman, she has no problems with that.

Even had one idiot say that the woman who fucking edited the original trilogy is making sexist comments with these thoughts :lol :lol

It’s all about listening to women, right up until a woman actually dares give her thoughts on something. Then the white males of Era step in and declare they know best.

« Reply #361 on: September 20, 2021, 04:05:35 PM »
It’s time to cancel stuff we they love:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/virtual-youtuber-ot2-clap-clap-next-thread.452203/page-234#post-73732987

Quote from: JeffChickenshit
Just a friendly reminder that it may not feel like it sometimes here, but there are vtubers outside of the big groups. Plenty of those aren't into lolicons or are especially horny either.

As with all media I feel like its never black and white. I still play and enjoy games/music/tv/anime that have documented problems from creators to content to other stuff. I dont defend the bad shit though. Once you start defending the bad stuff... maybe its time to rethink things.

Yeah, I don’t defend Resetera.

Maybe Vtubers should be like western streamers and being genuine sex pests that bring IRL drama in everything they do than introverts with anime avatars.

People in discord are kind of anticipating the Vtuber thread getting Somethingawful'd at some point (they shut down all Vtuber discussion over Gura and Shion flirting with each other).

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2021, 04:07:23 PM »
I searched the internet for Metal Gear Rey memes and couldn't find any
:fbm
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2021, 04:11:44 PM »
Damn they are MAD that a woman dared criticize Rey in the sequel trilogy.  :lol Her criticisms were literally that they didnt put in the work to make a compelling female lead beyond “she’s a woman”. Her criticism has nothing to do with the fact the lead is a woman, she has no problems with that.

Even had one idiot say that the woman who fucking edited the original trilogy is making sexist comments with these thoughts :lol :lol

It’s all about listening to women, right up until a woman actually dares give her thoughts on something. Then the white males of Era step in and declare they know best.
That's the definition of modern day feminism alright. :trumps
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #364 on: September 20, 2021, 04:24:54 PM »
 :success :playa

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #365 on: September 20, 2021, 04:35:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-28#post-73706878

Quote from: a11244
Now news, Resetera mod will never change anything and will ban anyone who dare to criticize them. See you at Etika thread. It’s that same shit all over again.

duration pending for this lad

looking at further posts:

I will say that the shotgun bans seem to have people on edge in here, only adding to the tension.

MC Sales threads don't feel MC Sales threads without Chris. Damn.

Feels like the first mod post stemmed from a lack of familiarity with this community, which provoked a unanimous negative reaction from regulars, then the moderation doubled down on their mistake with a slew of bans directed at the wrong people. This community is possibly in jeopardy due to a lack of understanding of the real problems these threads had been facing. If the moderation admits their unfamiliarity with a community and all the regulars of said community react negatively to the moderation’s decisions, that should be a big sign that doubling down on that is not the answer. Bad night for the Media Create community, and I think a huge mistake on the moderation’s part.

If I was Chris I wouldn’t return, end of an era.

It's pretty difficult to just pretend this never happened and just jump back into sales discussion, people are heated and want to have their say about a community we all care about.

Honestly it's hard to go back to talking about sales right now with the ban graveyard that happened. I feel this should have been discussed with the whole community some more and not just a part of it.

Right now it feels like only the regulars got banned.

can you imagine the amount of goodwill there would be if literally all that happened was one mod stopped by to say "you know what, we fucked up, we're not all that familiar with the tone and regulars of this thread and we were a little more heavy-handed than we should've been, chris is now unbanned, have a nice day"

even if they didn't really mean it and they were muttering angrily under their breath the whole time, just doing that would possibly avert a revolt, more discord splintering, destruction of yet another community on era etc

but oh wait that takes actual leadership, humility, listening for once, the ability to be contrite without your massive fucking ego getting in the way  :doge
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2021, 04:40:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-28#post-73706878

Now news, Resetera mod will never change anything and will ban anyone who dare to criticize them. See you at Etika thread. It’s that same shit all over again.

:salute
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #367 on: September 20, 2021, 05:34:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-sec-is-investigating-activision-blizzard-over-sexual-misconduct-allegations-bobby-kotick-has-been-subpoenaed.489109/#post-73737064

User Banned (1 week): Derailing, trolling and conspiratorial commentary over moderation policy.
Quote from: JoJo'sDentCo
I hope this doesn’t mean less hype threads for their games though. Resetera has a responsibility to keep the hype going for Acti-Blizz.
OBE

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #368 on: September 20, 2021, 05:36:17 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #369 on: September 20, 2021, 05:45:10 PM »
The worst part about my overlong post earlier is that I included all that bullshit and left out this post:
Quote from: Colonel Mustard
User banned (duration tbd by admin review): Hostility and attacking the community. Prior ban for the exact same behaviour
The bore autitsys are completely right about this place

:)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #370 on: September 20, 2021, 05:47:49 PM »

looking at further posts:

I will say that the shotgun bans seem to have people on edge in here, only adding to the tension.

MC Sales threads don't feel MC Sales threads without Chris. Damn.

Feels like the first mod post stemmed from a lack of familiarity with this community, which provoked a unanimous negative reaction from regulars, then the moderation doubled down on their mistake with a slew of bans directed at the wrong people. This community is possibly in jeopardy due to a lack of understanding of the real problems these threads had been facing. If the moderation admits their unfamiliarity with a community and all the regulars of said community react negatively to the moderation’s decisions, that should be a big sign that doubling down on that is not the answer. Bad night for the Media Create community, and I think a huge mistake on the moderation’s part.

If I was Chris I wouldn’t return, end of an era.

It's pretty difficult to just pretend this never happened and just jump back into sales discussion, people are heated and want to have their say about a community we all care about.

Honestly it's hard to go back to talking about sales right now with the ban graveyard that happened. I feel this should have been discussed with the whole community some more and not just a part of it.

Right now it feels like only the regulars got banned.

can you imagine the amount of goodwill there would be if literally all that happened was one mod stopped by to say "you know what, we fucked up, we're not all that familiar with the tone and regulars of this thread and we were a little more heavy-handed than we should've been, chris is now unbanned, have a nice day"

even if they didn't really mean it and they were muttering angrily under their breath the whole time, just doing that would possibly avert a revolt, more discord splintering, destruction of yet another community on era etc

but oh wait that takes actual leadership, humility, listening for once, the ability to be contrite without your massive fucking ego getting in the way  :doge
I don't understand why people like Chris kept posting on ResetEra in the first place.
Arguably bringing in a lot of clicks and traffic.

How can you look at the culling of the different sub communities and think: "Yup, I'm the special one that won't be cancelled :smug"
🤴

Kurt Russell

« Reply #371 on: September 20, 2021, 05:49:13 PM »

The bore autitsys are completely right about this place

Yeah, I am son.

Just wait until you find out what I think about taxation. It will blow your mind.
woke

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #372 on: September 20, 2021, 05:53:41 PM »
The worst part about my overlong post earlier is that I included all that bullshit and left out this post:
User banned (duration tbd by admin review): Hostility and attacking the community. Prior ban for the exact same behaviour
The bore is completely right about this place

His prior ban:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-like-nintendo.444913/page-10#post-67841176

User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory generalisation, attacking the community
I think I finally get most of the no votes.

As an adult with family and friends, most of what Nintendo does is to cater to that. Parties and general merriment. Normal people doing normal Things.

If you’re a grotesque or some sort of freak that can’t interact with the general public, you don’t like them because of this.

Makes sense in the context of this forum as most of you are disgusting shut-ins.
OBE

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #373 on: September 20, 2021, 06:08:44 PM »
 :clap

Risible

« Reply #374 on: September 20, 2021, 06:08:57 PM »

His prior ban:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-like-nintendo.444913/page-10#post-67841176

I think I finally get most of the no votes..

Makes sense in the context of this forum as most of you are disgusting shut-ins.

It was Colonel Mustard, in the Reset forum, with the blunt post.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #375 on: September 20, 2021, 06:11:07 PM »
wait transera and asianera are gone? and we know from numerous proclamations that womenera and blackera have long since fled

who is left on the site?

White cis-males jockeying to appear the most woke. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/not-a-day-goes-by-that-i-am-not-amused-at-white-people-and-bigots-have-co-opted-woke.485587/

If anyone but slayven posted this I would think it was a pathetic attempt to distance themselves from the word "Woke," like everyone did with "yaas queen," "yikes!" "big oof,"  "sus," "I see you," etc.

But slayven is so dumb it's hard to imagine him having an agenda or plan in anything at all.  Like a squirrel chewing into an electric line.  It's not like they were trying to wreck your shit.
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #376 on: September 20, 2021, 06:20:48 PM »
It’s time to cancel stuff we they love:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/virtual-youtuber-ot2-clap-clap-next-thread.452203/page-234#post-73732987

Quote from: JeffChickenshit
Just a friendly reminder that it may not feel like it sometimes here, but there are vtubers outside of the big groups. Plenty of those aren't into lolicons or are especially horny either.

As with all media I feel like its never black and white. I still play and enjoy games/music/tv/anime that have documented problems from creators to content to other stuff. I dont defend the bad shit though. Once you start defending the bad stuff... maybe its time to rethink things.

Yeah, I don’t defend Resetera.

Maybe Vtubers should be like western streamers and being genuine sex pests that bring IRL drama in everything they do than introverts with anime avatars.

People in discord are kind of anticipating the Vtuber thread getting Somethingawful'd at some point (they shut down all Vtuber discussion over Gura and Shion flirting with each other).

Kind of silly thing to do a this point. The thread has avoided being a cesspool of RE worst instincts for the most part and they avoid controversial shit that RE frowns about also for the most part. Feels shitty they are starting to shit and shun on Vtubers that they find “problematic” when the method of “ignore and don’t make a fuzz” seems to do wonders. Imagine if they do that for the rest of the forum rather than go apeshit for any perceived slight.

But everything needs to be a purity test. Hell, someone there was bitching that the whole gimmick of Kronii was being “mean” like it was equivalent of Matsuri and Marine pervert antics.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #377 on: September 20, 2021, 06:30:35 PM »
If the Japan sales discussion clowns had any dignity they would move their community to another platform asap.

However, I predict a grovelling apology from those that got banned with a commitment to "be better" next time a mod comes in throwing their weight around and accusing others of being ignorant.
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #378 on: September 20, 2021, 06:33:39 PM »
official dutch sales thread of thebore.com llc

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=37709.msg2998617#msg2998617

:)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:48:00 PM by bork »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #379 on: September 20, 2021, 06:35:39 PM »
We even track Afghanistan, both new and used  8)

Did you hear that? That's another copy of Mario Kart 8: Deluxe going for $60 on the Nintendo eShop.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #380 on: September 20, 2021, 06:37:50 PM »
the taliban love nintendo  :rejoice

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #381 on: September 20, 2021, 06:48:07 PM »
They don't actually, we have to go back.

I'm recruiting special forces to save gamers in Afghanistan.
All we have to do is defeat the Taliban which seems pretty easy tbh
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #382 on: September 20, 2021, 06:57:30 PM »

His prior ban:

I think I finally get most of the no votes.

As an adult with family and friends, most of what Nintendo does is to cater to that. Parties and general merriment. Normal people doing normal Things.

If you’re a grotesque or some sort of freak that can’t interact with the general public, you don’t like them because of this.

:lol  I’m surprised they weren’t permabanned already from the first ban.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #383 on: September 20, 2021, 07:02:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/awkwafina-addresses-controversy-of-her-using-a-%E2%80%98blaccent%E2%80%99-in-films-see-threadmarks.488041/page-6#post-73703767
Quote from: Disco Infernal
Quote from: IggyChooChoo
I never followed her, but I assumed the name Awkwafina was a takeoff of Eminem by being a kinda random misspelled product name, but with no further meaning.
But Eminem has further meaning. It’s his initials.

Quote from: Idde
Well fuck me. How come that never clicked.

Quote from: ZeoVGM

Fuck.

Quote from: Patitoloco
this is honestly mindblowing

Quote from: Orbis
Well I'm officially an idiot.

:stan  :neogaf
OBE

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #384 on: September 20, 2021, 07:31:16 PM »

And he's already proven right by getting banned.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #385 on: September 20, 2021, 08:46:42 PM »
User threadbanned: hostility, toxic metacommentary and derailment
.......fucking WHAT?! Was that on Era?!
Yes, some even going as far as to say they would cover for their kids even if they committed murder. Some sick weirdos on this site.

Gets even worse, someone said on this very site they wouldn't turn in their own kid short of them being an active terrorist, so the litany of depraved sick crimes someone might commit if they aint a terrorist a ok in their books, and ever so slightly pivoted to say that they would then give them 'a few days head start' and then tell the family. Not even doing the basic decent step to inform the police, as if the millimetre change is somehow fucking ok.

Fucking sickos on this site.

This site is becoming a lost cause, if not already has moved over to being one.
hostility and toxic metacommentary :lol

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #386 on: September 20, 2021, 09:28:47 PM »
.......fucking WHAT?! Was that on Era?!
Yes, some even going as far as to say they would cover for their kids even if they committed murder. Some sick weirdos on this site.

Gets even worse, someone said on this very site they wouldn't turn in their own kid short of them being an active terrorist, so the litany of depraved sick crimes someone might commit if they aint a terrorist a ok in their books, and ever so slightly pivoted to say that they would then give them 'a few days head start' and then tell the family. Not even doing the basic decent step to inform the police, as if the millimetre change is somehow fucking ok.

Fucking sickos on this site.

This site is becoming a lost cause, if not already has moved over to being one.
hostility and toxic metacommentary :lol

:sicko
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #387 on: September 20, 2021, 09:29:47 PM »
they've gotten so excited about this new threadban technology  :-[
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #388 on: September 20, 2021, 09:36:09 PM »
They don't actually, we have to go back.

I'm recruiting special forces to save gamers in Afghanistan.
All we have to do is defeat the Taliban which seems pretty easy tbh

Uncle

« Reply #389 on: September 20, 2021, 09:47:50 PM »
I fucking hate the performative thread titles--slapping "RIP Gabby Patito" in the title of your thread for popcorning a murder investigation actually isn't a particularly thoughtful or compassionate touch, stop fucking making me think the phrase "virtue signaling."

Unrelated, but at this point the constructive criticism thread is basically just space for bootlickers to show how shiny they can get boots:

Quote from: Dmax3901
I gotta be honest I read the sales thread and it just seemed like a bunch of toxic children getting mad they couldn't continue to be toxic children. The ban that kicked it all off was for a single day, lol. Also, the comparisons to Asian era and trans era were laughable, it's a fucking sales data thread.

Quote from: WestEgg
The issue is that tempers boiled over because Media Create threads are subject to constant drive by troll posts and thinly veiled console wars that are rarely if ever moderated, but last night only Chris himself was initially banned, despite it having been obvious he was being baited by anyone even remotely familiar with the usual thread dynamics. Chris is probably the hardest working member on this site, and aside from doing the weekly media create threads, he also compiles the annual white paper reports with thousands of games worth of data, and it's probably not too much of a stretch to say that his choice to settle here after the collapse of gaf is what legitimized era as its successor.

Of course he isn't above the rules like anyone else on the site, but he's become a massive target for console war harassment, and it's hard to blame him for clapping back at times.  A big issue, a recurring one in other issues, is there was no real attempt by the moderation at de-escalation prior to the ban, no "Hey guys, stay on topic" and stuff like that which has usually come in the past when sales threads get heated.  Instead, just mass bans of anyone even critical of the moderation.  A staff post after the damage has been done is a case of hindsight, not prevention.

Yes, sales data isn't as important as other bigger issues with this site and with the world at large.  But for many people, the sales community is the entire point of this forum and where they choose to spend their time, so it's very important to them specifically. Of course they are going to flip out when it seems to be under attack.

The ban might've been misguided, but again, it wasn't a permanent ban or even a long one. The mods came in with guidelines moving forward which suggests that, regardless of how things were before, there are now more strict rules that will need to be followed.

The mass bans you mention were largely people being openly hostile towards the mods, continuing to post things directly in violation of the rules that had just been laid out and making inappropriate comparisons to the situations with minority groups on Era. I even saw someone insinuate a mod was somehow tied to an industry executive and thats why people were being banned, lol.

"Sure, the ban might have been misguided, but the real issue is people didn't shut up enough and take it. Someone went so far as to insinuate that the mod who was flexing being involved in JP development might have some kind of ties to a JP developer!"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #390 on: September 20, 2021, 09:53:03 PM »
I fucking hate the performative thread titles--slapping "RIP Gabby Patito" in the title of your thread for popcorning a murder investigation actually isn't a particularly thoughtful or compassionate touch, stop fucking making me think the phrase "virtue signaling."

Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #391 on: September 20, 2021, 10:20:29 PM »
Particularly when a "prominent member" said they would help their child to evade police and there was absolutely no moderation or even warning.
Spud

benita

« Reply #392 on: September 20, 2021, 10:44:10 PM »
How did vagine get got?

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #393 on: September 20, 2021, 10:55:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-the-former-lead-designer-of-kena-bridge-of-spirits-claims-he-was-%E2%80%98maliciously-forced-out%E2%80%99.299336/page-4#post-73756573

Quote from: Imran
Quote from: Dr.Ifto
Why is he bringing this all out publically? Seems malicious to me? Otherwise, what's his goal?
*looks through posts*

yeah that's about right

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-the-former-lead-designer-of-kena-bridge-of-spirits-claims-he-was-%E2%80%98maliciously-forced-out%E2%80%99.299336/page-4#post-73756771

User Banned (5 Days): Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
* looks *

Ah, low post count since the day Era opened. Previously banned for complaining that there were too many threads about JK Rowling's transphobia.

Checks out.
OBE

ShutUp

« Reply #394 on: September 20, 2021, 11:05:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/awkwafina-addresses-controversy-of-her-using-a-%E2%80%98blaccent%E2%80%99-in-films-see-threadmarks.488041/page-6#post-73703767
Quote from: Disco Infernal
Quote from: IggyChooChoo
I never followed her, but I assumed the name Awkwafina was a takeoff of Eminem by being a kinda random misspelled product name, but with no further meaning.
But Eminem has further meaning. It’s his initials.

Quote from: Idde
Well fuck me. How come that never clicked.

Fuck.

Quote from: Patitoloco
this is honestly mindblowing

Quote from: Orbis
Well I'm officially an idiot.

:stan  :neogaf

They…seriously didnt know that? After TWENTY YEARS?

:neogaf :sabu :dead

ShutUp

« Reply #395 on: September 20, 2021, 11:06:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-the-former-lead-designer-of-kena-bridge-of-spirits-claims-he-was-%E2%80%98maliciously-forced-out%E2%80%99.299336/page-4#post-73756573

Quote from: Imran
Quote from: Dr.Ifto
Why is he bringing this all out publically? Seems malicious to me? Otherwise, what's his goal?
*looks through posts*

yeah that's about right

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-the-former-lead-designer-of-kena-bridge-of-spirits-claims-he-was-%E2%80%98maliciously-forced-out%E2%80%99.299336/page-4#post-73756771

User Banned (5 Days): Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
* looks *

Ah, low post count since the day Era opened. Previously banned for complaining that there were too many threads about JK Rowling's transphobia.

Checks out.

They don’t have 150,000 posts like me, LoserVGM? Seems awfully sus definitely side eyeing this alt-right chud.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #396 on: September 20, 2021, 11:19:10 PM »
Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History

:era

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #397 on: September 20, 2021, 11:20:15 PM »
all three posters involved registered the day era opened
 :wut
Uncle

Borealis

« Reply #398 on: September 21, 2021, 12:00:09 AM »

Nintendo General Discussion |OT26| Kafka's Dream Land (Stop Asian Hate - please read OP)

They'll change it with each new topical issue, while continuing to ignore the fact that daddy Nintendo and their fav brands don't give a fuck outside of marketing campaigns driven by tweets.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #399 on: September 21, 2021, 12:50:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/p-t-has-been-de-listed-from-psn-for-some-time-and-nobody-seems-to-give-a-flying-fuck-update-its-just-konami-that-doesnt-give-a-flying-fuck.488890/page-5#post-73726846

User warned: Inappropriate commentary
Quote from: BananasWithGuns
Beautiful, naked, big-titted women just don't fall out of the sky, you know.

Only a warning, where is Morrigan?
OBE

Snoopycat_

« Reply #400 on: September 21, 2021, 04:55:42 AM »
Morrigan is busy rolling her eyes and huffing impatiently at a minority retail worker. Meanwhile the minority retail worker is on a deliberate go slow, muttering fuck you, you white bitch.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #401 on: September 21, 2021, 04:57:11 AM »
Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History

:era

It takes a certain amount of authority and responsibility to wield a history of histories, which the average pleb poster just cannot be trusted with

benjipwns

« Reply #402 on: September 21, 2021, 04:57:30 AM »
Lots of hostility and toxic metacommentary going on :wag
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73768627
Yeah everything won't be the same right now. Lelouch stops doing NPD, Bruno is perma banned for some reason, we don't know whether Chris will return.
They banned Bruno for off-site an comment of one admin on this forum.
Holy crap, I didn’t realize Bruno was permabanned. For an off-site comment? Is that even following the rules? That’s a huge loss.
So... they took the time of searching for Bruno's Twitter account and check if he said something there? ok...
Saw the post for the ban. And noticed that Bruno only had 37 followers. Does staff just search for reported users on Twitter to see whether they said something bad about moderation?
I hope ResetEra dissapears, and they stop winning money with this dictatorial masked as leftist treatment.
Quote from: Dmax3901, bootlicker
What are you talking about, of course people should be banned for off-site shit. Mods getting harassed for doing a thankless job is no joke.
I find it funny how this freaking site (maybe) killed off an important part of this forums culture. Good job! This is some A-class example ''how not to enforce new rules'''

Owh yeah... keep mod duties to things done on this site, instead of off the site. Thank you very much.
And for the slightest chance to get them back. A true hearthfelt apology needs to be made, and i would even say some mods needs to get sacked and i wouldnt blame them. I would stay away as well
Wow we propably lost Chris, Lelouch said he doesn't wanna continue and we definetly lost Bruno MB thanks to someone being petty.
Good Job Mods and Admins on killing maybe the biggest thing that made this place stand out to other gaming forums and discords.

gg
Just because I'm willing to play along with this new situation doesn't excuse the fact that none of this was handled right. Absolutely none of it, regardless of what intentions staff had, or what their endgame for better discussion is, absolutely none of that excuses how this was proceeded.

I have been absolutely livid the past 24 hours on how any of this went down, about how any of this required the force that was shown. And I won't forget it. Just because you didn't mean for this to happen, or mean for it to look like it happened because of certain reasons does not take away that it still happened. I'd say I would hope staff will do better with this community from this point forward, but I don't have much to go with.

See you next thread.
Usually off site drama is is being frowned up on and shouldnt be brought up in here ?
Ive seen people criticize mods or ERA on other sites/twitter before, this is the first time ive seen someone getting straight up permabanned for it. Especially since there was no warning or the user never had any bans or issues on ERA before that. It just comes out of left field for some of us.

Is it part of the ERA rules that off site comments will get you banned ? I never witnessed it so its new to me.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #403 on: September 21, 2021, 04:58:23 AM »
The biggest threat of fascism comes from the cops. If Trump wasn't so pants on head stupid he could have pulled off a coup using the local cops on the streets and daring the state governors to respond. Once the cops stop responding to local civilian control (and already civilian leaders are struggling to keep the cops under control) and center their power bases around union leadership the Republic is done. Someone is going to recognize that and they'll be a far bigger threat than Trump.

Think about a city like NYC. The NYPD has 35,000 sworn officers. NY State has 5,000 sworn troopers. There's only 21,000 in the New York National Guard. Even in smaller cities like Boston and Philly, the local PD outnumbers the state troopers, forcing a showdown between the governor with the national guard and the cops. That's if Trump didn't try to federalize the national guard and some units defecting to him.

As much as local chiefs of police will disagree, there's very little professionalism in law enforcement in the United States until you start getting to the federal level. Local cops may as well be local warlords in any sort of fascist uprising. It will be long and bloody with the fascists operating under the color of law to boot. We should thank our lucky stars that Trump didn't figure out the power he had in his cop union buddies willing to go all the way with him so long as they could continue to operate with impunity.

:iface

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #404 on: September 21, 2021, 05:06:23 AM »
regardless of what intentions staff had, or what their endgame for better discussion
:neogaf :point :ohyou :crowdlaff :girlaff :brock
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #405 on: September 21, 2021, 05:43:47 AM »
I agree with you. And honestly, this is not just happening here on Resetera - this is more and more common in many other life circumstances. The respectful confrontation of diverse, diverging opinions does seem to lead more and more to a fight and disrespect of the person in question rather than then challenging the idea. This is precisely why groups with diverging opinions do not talk to each other anymore.

The good news is that within corporations, conflict is a known problem. And corporations came up with PPI (Practical Process Improvement) rules to manage it. Part of the PPI is Ground Rules for meetings. I propose to adapt this set of Groud Rules to suit these forums. I leave it to the Mods to decide exactly which rules to take and which not, and whether to add new ones. These can be found here.

Some well-suited rules could be:

1) Participate and ask questions - everyone should be allowed to do so.
2) Do not dominate - allow all people to participate, do not exclude/ignore people.
3) Attack the problem, not the person - this is crucial for mutual respect and productive conversations.
4) 3 Knock Rule - if the thread is going off track or getting into too much detail, the mods can point this out and steer the discussion back on track. Bans should be used as a last resort, to be honest.
5) Have fun! We should still enjoy the discussion and feel allowed to politely disagree.

Just my two bits.

you'll be asking for a codified list of rules, with explicit reference to which one was broken when issuing bans next!

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #406 on: September 21, 2021, 07:08:07 AM »
Saw the post for the ban. And noticed that Bruno only had 37 followers. Does staff just search for reported users on Twitter to see whether they said something bad about moderation?

Anytime you think the mods couldn't be more petty they come up with something new.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #407 on: September 21, 2021, 07:19:30 AM »
Quote from: RevoDave
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Accusations, Modwhining and Prior Ban for the Same; Account in Junior Phase

I hope ResetEra dissapears, and they stop winning money with this dictatorial masked as leftist treatment.

:whoo :ohhh :lucas :neo :jeb
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 07:35:26 AM by Uncle »
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #408 on: September 21, 2021, 07:25:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-the-former-lead-designer-of-kena-bridge-of-spirits-claims-he-was-%E2%80%98maliciously-forced-out%E2%80%99.299336/page-5#post-73765225

Quote from: BubblegumNemesis
We probably shouldn’t promote the game on ERA TBH. Companies need to realise there are consequences to behaving like dicks.

Quote from: Baji Boxer
We've got a mod driving the hype train while 100% ignoring the issue. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up a GOTY contender on here.

User threadbanned: thread derailment. This is not the thread to discuss moderation policy.
Quote from: dex3108 (OP)
Lol nothing was done regarding Insomiac games, Acti-Blizz or Ubisoft ones and you expect that something will be done for this?

Only game that got some kind of response here on Era was CP2077. And I still stand by my opinion that Era should decide if they will treat all developers/games the same or not bother at all. These random decisions serve no purpose.

:woody
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #409 on: September 21, 2021, 07:29:03 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73759918
Quote from: B-Dubs, 6 hours after bore post
Thread is open again!

After hearing from well-meaning members I wanted to clarify again that the staff post was something that's been in the works for a while and in retrospect my call to rush it out yesterday was bad timing. The fact that it came on the heels of banning the OP (even just for a day) made it look like the two things were connected like some big statement, and that was never supposed to be the case. That was just a routine ban, the shortest we can possibly do.

The guidelines aren't asking for anything unreasonable and while they will be enforced, we're not going to be hunting for excuses to ban people over them. Going forward we are going to prioritize finding additional staff who are regulars in this thread and can handle its moderation. We really believe that those of you who are willing to give the guidelines a chance will end up with a better thread in the long run.

Now in case this needs to be said again: Don't troll. Don't try to use the guidelines as cover for your trolling. Don't go looking for drama. Don't make wildly inappropriate analogies or extremely hostile posts towards members or staff.

Believe it or not the staff hates drama. This was never intended to be a big dramatic change. The only goal is a friendlier thread where more people feel welcome to participate in good faith.

:thinking :thinking :hmm :hmm :hmm :thinking :thinking
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #410 on: September 21, 2021, 07:41:05 AM »
which is worse, era mods swooping in and carpet bombing a community until they take their ball and leave, or a community dying because one particular super special member got ultra pissed over a tiny little one day ban
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #411 on: September 21, 2021, 07:41:14 AM »
User warned: antagonizing another member, tag shaming
The sheer audacity of it all. Not only was this employee ignored by the majority of era but the game has an OT and following spearheaded by a mod(not complaints, pls don't ban me) What bs narrative is he spewing that the forum will back the employee 100% and turn on the game?
Yeah knowing that one of the mods is super hyped about this and even changed their tag to reflect it stings for me.

But hey its their choice. If they want to be hyped along with the others then I can't stop them. I just won't play it myself.
how dare you

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #412 on: September 21, 2021, 07:41:23 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-31#post-73769707
Quote from: RevoDave
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Accusations, Modwhining and Prior Ban for the Same; Account in Junior Phase

:whoo :ohhh :lucas :neo :jeb

:salute
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #413 on: September 21, 2021, 07:45:50 AM »
 :drudge :drudge

Quote from: Nanashrew
What rock you living under? Lots of dangerous people hate this site because it's largely left-leaning. There is a history of mods and regular posters being harassed off-site so of course they shouldn't allowed to continue being members here if they're engaging in that sort of activity.
Left leaning? Maybe to right wingers and fascists. But really, era is more Libertarian.

To go off-topic for a bit, I've been in a lot of threads since the founding, and one thing I've noticed and talk about all the time on my own Twitter is how profoundly sinophobic era has been that is no different from even outside of the forums. How anti-sex and sex negative the forums are. etc. etc. There's a large lacking in intersectionality on this forum when it comes to a lot of discussion, and it's only gotten worse because plenty have left over poor moderation and failing to prevent a lot of preventable things.

Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #414 on: September 21, 2021, 07:47:18 AM »
People in the KENA thread going: "You can't get excited for games nowadays"

This shit always happened, you just didn't hear about it.  :yeshrug

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #415 on: September 21, 2021, 07:48:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-31#post-73768795
Quote from: Mbolibombo
Quote from: Waddles the Piggu
Yeah everything won't be the same right now. Lelouch stops doing NPD, Bruno is perma banned for some reason, we don't know whether Chris will return.

They banned Bruno for off-site an comment of one admin on this forum.

Quote from: Waddles the Piggu
Ohh thanks. Wait, I thought off site drama was not a reason for bans?
Quote from: Jon Carter
Holy crap, I didn’t realize Bruno was permabanned. For an off-site comment? Is that even following the rules? That’s a huge loss.
Quote from: brutaka3
So... they took the time of searching for Bruno's Twitter account and check if he said something there? ok...

What are you talking about, of course people should be banned for off-site shit. Mods getting harassed for doing a thankless job is no joke.

:brain
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #416 on: September 21, 2021, 07:49:55 AM »
lol "dangerous people"

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #417 on: September 21, 2021, 07:50:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-31#post-73770307
Quote from: Skittles
Quote from: squall23
TransEra after sweeping improvements: gone

AsianEra after sweeping improvements: gone

The worst part is that those communities at least had a few mods that were fighting for them. We don't have that luxury here.

When will the mod team rise up for gamers

:neogaf
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #418 on: September 21, 2021, 07:52:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-31#post-73770361

Quote from: cw_sasuke
Usually off site drama is is being frowned up on and shouldnt be brought up in here ?
Ive seen people criticize mods or ERA on other sites/twitter before, this is the first time ive seen someone getting straight up permabanned for it. Especially since there was no warning or the user never had any bans or issues on ERA before that. It just comes out of left field for some of us.

Is it part of the ERA rules that off site comments will get you banned ? I never witnessed it so its new to me.
To be fair i dont know what the comment sounded like and what the issue was between bruno and the mod but it must have been severe for that result. Maybe there was a history between the two, i dont have any insight to.

What rock you living under? Lots of dangerous people hate this site because it's largely left-leaning. There is a history of mods and regular posters being harassed off-site so of course they shouldn't allowed to continue being members here if they're engaging in that sort of activity.

:wut
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #419 on: September 21, 2021, 07:55:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-32#post-73770880

Quote from: Skittles
Have you considered that if all these "pillars of the community" are getting banned for being toxic and hostile, and for refusing to follow rules that were brought in good faith to improve the discussion, then your community is perhaps not as great as you claim it is?

Like those rules are so clearly "just don't be an asshole" and yet everyone acted as if they'd been denied oxygen lol.

It is funny to pop into this thread and see an entire community meltdown over a one day ban that they're now admitting was justified (since the convo pivoted to other things)

:kermit
ど助平