Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1784727 times)

FUME5

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #840 on: September 22, 2021, 09:43:46 PM »
Yeah, people don't like Nepenthe because she's black.  It's not because she's a psychotic hot head larping as a civil rights era leader while spending all her time behind a keyboard and spending tens of thousands of dollars on fursuits as she excises other marginalized communities like the Trans and Asian ones on the forum she moderates.  Can't be that all.

She's also the only minority on the mod team, so of course anyone who dislikes her must be racist

Slayven et al BTFO

EDIT

top of the page objectification

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #841 on: September 22, 2021, 09:51:30 PM »

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #842 on: September 22, 2021, 10:23:13 PM »
New monster hunter looking good

Switters

« Reply #843 on: September 22, 2021, 10:27:25 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Ladies and gentlemen, your new vice president Kurmula Hurriss
troll

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #844 on: September 22, 2021, 10:29:19 PM »
Couldn’t have been me, I was watching hentai.
This is the kind of high quality moderation that keeps me coming back to the bore
Spud

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #845 on: September 22, 2021, 10:33:37 PM »
Yeah, people don't like Nepenthe because she's black.  It's not because she's a psychotic hot head larping as a civil rights era leader while spending all her time behind a keyboard and spending tens of thousands of dollars on fursuits as she excises other marginalized communities like the Trans and Asian ones on the forum she moderates.  Can't be that all.

She's also the only minority on the mod team, so of course anyone who dislikes her must be racist

Slayven et al BTFO

EDIT

top of the page objectification

[close]

How could you have blown the on topic objectification?

[close]

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #846 on: September 22, 2021, 10:45:34 PM »
It's too bad ZeoVGM is banned right now.
OBE

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #847 on: September 22, 2021, 10:46:28 PM »
And that Hobbes fucked off to wherever, this could have been his time :goty

FUME5

« Reply #849 on: September 22, 2021, 10:57:13 PM »
Is the bore discord any better these days or is it still shit emotes and cream nudes?

remy

« Reply #850 on: September 22, 2021, 11:01:36 PM »
no cream nudes anymore :fbm

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #851 on: September 22, 2021, 11:03:18 PM »
is cindi still trans in the dicord  ??? :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #852 on: September 22, 2021, 11:15:35 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #854 on: September 22, 2021, 11:35:09 PM »

I question the use of this semicolon (out of kindness)
Uncle

FUME5

« Reply #855 on: September 23, 2021, 01:40:01 AM »
Based on his twitter pic and bio, I am going on the record as saying he is not cool.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #856 on: September 23, 2021, 02:18:45 AM »
Quote from: SubvertedTrope, post: 73888543, member: 47794
You started making things up so you are ok with it! See we can all do it, funny how it only bothers you when it's pointed at you.

User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility and inflammatory accusations against another member. Previously banned for the same

Quote from: unknownspectator, post: 73892266, member: 14258
so, did the mods tell you on discord to troll this topic? Cause I think they might have :/

Dude got clipped, while the cock gobbler he’s responding to was literally accusing others of being alts and got nothing  :neogaf

SubvertedTrope is either a brown-noser angling for a mod spot or is a joint mod account they use to shit-talk the users. At this point either option is equally likely.

Welp, looks like RedMercury has some competition.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #857 on: September 23, 2021, 02:30:38 AM »
Based on his twitter pic and bio, I am going on the record as saying he is not cool.

Oh yeah.  He's that minion looking dude who contacted Nickelodeon demanding more LGBT fighters in its brawl game
sigh

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

OBE

samir

« Reply #861 on: September 23, 2021, 04:08:37 AM »
Morrigan is such an important member of this community

I don't think the mods handle everything brilliantly, but I do think they keep this place running better than nearly every other video game forum online

All 3 of them

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #862 on: September 23, 2021, 04:12:06 AM »

I don't think the mods handle everything brilliantly, but I do think they keep this place running better than nearly every other video game forum online

All 3 of them
Number of summits needed to placate the plebs:

• Resetera 3+
  • The Bore 0
Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #865 on: September 23, 2021, 07:12:08 AM »
:lol imagine being autisty enough to sit waiting to time it just right to get the to post on 3 pages

unless some loser mod has placed them there  :doge
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #866 on: September 23, 2021, 07:15:32 AM »

• Resetera 3+
  • The Bore 0

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #867 on: September 23, 2021, 07:17:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fantastic-beasts-3-is-called-the-secrets-of-dumbledore-comes-april-15-2022.490015/

Jump to the top of pages 4, 5, and 6 for a good laugh.

Reminder that J.K.Rowling has zero political power and couldn't stop Brexit or get Labour elected, causes she actually spent time and money to try and make happen

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #868 on: September 23, 2021, 07:19:45 AM »
https://twitter.com/Nanashrew/status/1440756271771049990

What happened with Morrigan and metal era?
OBE

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #869 on: September 23, 2021, 07:20:22 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fantastic-beasts-3-is-called-the-secrets-of-dumbledore-comes-april-15-2022.490015/

Reminder that J.K.Rowling has zero political power and couldn't stop Brexit or get Labour elected, causes she actually spent time and money to try and make happen

Reminder that in Pinknews vs J.K. Rowling, Pinknews were forced to retract a story for being misleading and using false information, and J.K. Rowlings claims were upheld as factually accurate

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #870 on: September 23, 2021, 07:21:15 AM »

I never even knew there was one but I'd take a guess that she ruled with an iron fist of pettiness and ran them all off :trumps
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #871 on: September 23, 2021, 07:21:18 AM »

the prominent user who was given the tag arrogant smirk by people who liked her was not widely popular?

:pika

SmokyDave

« Reply #872 on: September 23, 2021, 07:34:30 AM »
Reminder that in Pinknews vs J.K. Rowling, Pinknews were forced to retract a story for being misleading and using false information, and J.K. Rowlings claims were upheld as factually accurate
Being factually accurate is a dead giveaway. She's clearly an awful person.

NekoFever

« Reply #873 on: September 23, 2021, 07:40:02 AM »

I like how they think the backlash against Rowling has destroyed Harry Potter’s legacy.

Go to Universal Studios or the Harry Potter studio tour and see how many people know or care what a TERF is while they’re buying Hogwarts scarves for their kids.

No one cares about Fantastic Beasts because it’s the mediocre cash-in spin-off without most of the characters and situations that fans like, not because of the author’s opinion on puberty blockers.

Boredfrom

« Reply #874 on: September 23, 2021, 07:48:33 AM »
The whole reason why KiwiFarms cared enough to identify her is because she was already pretty infamous in some online circles of the metal community. Nanashrew is asking “why it took so long“  ::) but he and his social circle already knew all this and I doubt this was the first time she shit talked others at discord. You are the guys that made her and the other mods untouchable to start with as you ignored all this until they damaged a group you cared about it.

So go fuck yourself nanashrew, you cunt. I would commend you sacrificing your Era account if you didn’t went to “is so unfair this keeps happening”  ::) .

Snoopycat_

« Reply #875 on: September 23, 2021, 08:06:13 AM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #876 on: September 23, 2021, 08:09:39 AM »
I know this isn't the end of era, far from it

but still it's amazing that a blowup and splintering like this didn't happen because of:

• era finally pissing off the wrong person with just the right amount of libel to get them sued into oblivion
  • era bullying someone into suicide with undeniable evidence linking it to the site
  • a user going off the deep end committing political violence, with a clear manifesto across their posts on era
  • abuse scandals among leadership

no, all this happened because moderators banned the sales guy for one day  :doggy
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #877 on: September 23, 2021, 08:10:46 AM »
I know this isn't the end of era, far from it

but still it's amazing that a blowup and splintering like this didn't happen because of:

• era finally pissing off the wrong person with just the right amount of libel to get them sued into oblivion
  • era bullying someone into suicide with undeniable evidence linking it to the site
  • a user going off the deep end committing political violence, with a clear manifesto across their posts on era
  • abuse scandals among leadership

no, all this happened because moderators banned the sales guy for one day  :doggy

we're only on Season 3, those are long term plot lines

remy

« Reply #878 on: September 23, 2021, 08:15:38 AM »

All 3 of them

• Resetera 3+
  • The Bore 0

The trick is top of the page hotties  ;)

BIONIC

Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #880 on: September 23, 2021, 08:20:11 AM »
BronsonLee is still an utter melt who started randomly and falsely accusing people who don't think EGS is the hottest shit evar of being racists who were harrassing him while a moderator, so yeah.

Go eat all the buckets of dicks Altaccount McFuckFace

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #881 on: September 23, 2021, 08:20:34 AM »
What harassment exactly is he speaking of? Like wasn't it just some guy making a twitter account asking why Lee keeps calling him a racist?

He was correct that Morrigan is a proper cunt and the RE mods aren't worth shit but... everyone knows that.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #882 on: September 23, 2021, 08:22:26 AM »
wasn't it either he loved epic games store and everyone constantly told him it sucked, or vice versa

which was never personally targeted and just the way internet bullshitting goes
:idont
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #883 on: September 23, 2021, 08:24:48 AM »
Fuck me. It won't be long Bronson starts calling himself Serpico

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #884 on: September 23, 2021, 08:32:53 AM »
Uncle

Switters

« Reply #885 on: September 23, 2021, 08:43:49 AM »
If Morrigan is no longer a MOD then who is warding the forum from the ruinous powers of Allah and the Taliban!?
troll

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #886 on: September 23, 2021, 09:04:22 AM »
What harassment exactly is he speaking of? Like wasn't it just some guy making a twitter account asking why Lee keeps calling him a racist?

wasn't it either he loved epic games store and everyone constantly told him it sucked, or vice versa

yeah, IIRC he came out saying specific users who'd said they don't like EGS (Nzyme, Alexandros, GhostTrick off the top of my head) in threads about EGS were also harrassing him off site because he's asian (did anyone even know that?) and they hate him because RACIST and also EGS because RACIST.
Those posters replied to him with  ??? ??? ??? :doge ??? ??? ???
then he ran off to twitter to continue claiming that, and then his buckfuddy 2Bee made a troll account about EGS IS STILL AWESOME to try and ban bait, and also recycling SockPuppet McDipshits allegations

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #888 on: September 23, 2021, 09:08:07 AM »
bronson Lee sure sounds like a complete loser :heh
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #889 on: September 23, 2021, 09:09:12 AM »
I know it sucks to have to compromise your personal speech as a moderator, but like...that's part of the gig. It might not be fair, but you have to have an extra layer of discipline compared to other users.

:ohhh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #891 on: September 23, 2021, 09:13:52 AM »
MOAR DRAMA (and DISCORD PLZ from community being shat up by a mod with a grudge): https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-january-2020-ready-for-the-new-year-shaka-brah.162395/page-57

random era page linked from early 2020

22 out of 50 posts on the page are from banned users, and one of the unbanned users had received a short ban on that page
Uncle

M

« Reply #893 on: September 23, 2021, 09:35:03 AM »
Accidentally visited era without being logged in on mobile and the ads are horrid. Really intrusive. I was shocked. Can barely browse the site.

BIONIC

« Reply #894 on: September 23, 2021, 09:46:14 AM »
Accidentally visited era without being logged in on mobile and the ads are horrid. Really intrusive. I was shocked. Can barely browse the site.

Yeah, it’s pretty crazy. Even Colombian cam girl pages have less intrusive ads.
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #895 on: September 23, 2021, 10:03:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gabby-petito-missing-case-now-ruled-a-homicide-remains-found-in-wyoming-confirmed-as-hers.488941/page-25#post-73913443

User banned: (3 days) Inappropriate joke in sensitive thread, ignoring staff post.
Quote from: Metal Gear?!
Quote from: Kyuuji
Gabby's mother received a text from Gabby on the 27th but for which there are strong reasons to believe it wasn't written by her:
https://abload.de/img/screenshot_20210921-0y8kt8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IhkzrI6.jpeg
OBE

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #896 on: September 23, 2021, 10:57:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gabby-petito-missing-case-now-ruled-a-homicide-remains-found-in-wyoming-confirmed-as-hers.488941/page-25#post-73913443

User banned: (3 days) Inappropriate joke in sensitive thread, ignoring staff post.
Gabby's mother received a text from Gabby on the 27th but for which there are strong reasons to believe it wasn't written by her:

I'm glad they're keeping the sensitivity for the live murder show

Switters

« Reply #897 on: September 23, 2021, 11:12:34 AM »

Yeah! Save that shit for the Cain awards thread of people I'm super glad are dead.
troll

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #898 on: September 23, 2021, 11:15:45 AM »
They should get an award for their innovation in the travel blog sphere.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #899 on: September 23, 2021, 11:21:47 AM »
no gags in the voyeurism thread :wag
(ice)