Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785334 times)

FUME5

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #8220 on: November 22, 2021, 01:50:54 AM »
Sounds about white guy got banned for concern trolling...

ShutUp

« Reply #8221 on: November 22, 2021, 02:01:52 AM »
Some of the comments early in that thread….just honestly head shaking. Dead kids after that piece of shit plowed through the crowd and some of them don’t care at all, just in that thread to complain about the fucking GOP causing it? Really? Just completely broken people posting over there.

And then instead of permanently banning them, its a week or a month. That’ll show them.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #8222 on: November 22, 2021, 03:29:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/with-multiversuss-announcement-heres-a-friendly-reminder-that-j-k-rowling-is-a-piece-of-shit-terf.516720/page-5#post-77426091
This. Exactly this. No more of this "everyone draws their line differently and who are you to judge" bullshit. If your position on the topic is "fuck Rowling but I want HP in Multiversus and can't wait for the next HP game", your supposed allyhood means absolutely nothing.

To the people spewing triteness like "you can dislike Rowling and like Harry Potter" (as if it was some pearl of shades-of-gray wisdom that nobody else had even considered before)... neither of these things are the point. Your dislike is completely useless if it won't lead to action. Your love of Harry Potter is not what anyone is taking issue with.

Not buying stuff that goes to Rowling's pocket is the absolute, bare minimum that could be asked of a self-appointed "ally". If even that is too much for you to do, then at least have the decency not to act surprised or hurt when people subsequently deduce how much you actually care about trans rights.

Expect it is since they're throwing a hissy fit to those that are say they still love HP.
I know he’s banned for a month (should have been longer) but m4st4’s point about the girl who wrote a “beautiful review of Azkaban” really pissed me off.

Who gives a fuck about one girl finding her passion in reading and writing an amazing review of it, over the safety and well-being of thousands of innocent people? Like how much of a cunt do you have to be to even suggest that as a counterpoint. 🖕🏽

What a coward, too scare to quote the person who got banned :lol

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #8223 on: November 22, 2021, 03:40:08 AM »
These people are sick, at least five people dead kids among the bodies and 40 injured, would expect the death toll to rise. These little fucks go straight into politics.
Both Resetera and Left twitter have been making jokes like "Oh the car was using self defence" turns out the guy has a massive list of felony charges including child sex trafficking.
Real stand up guy. Also makes rap videos.... How the fuck these brain dead animals can use dead kids to make something super political and about Kyle is just beyond sick.

From some of the reports, the guy got out two days prior and apparently stabbed someone before running over people at the parade.

This rap video sucks BTW, also the car used for the killing is in the video.... Plates and all.

In other thread news, it seems like Kyuuji has started on their mission to get the new Harry Potter game for free, as they hate TERF JK, but want to play the game obviously, ala Cyberpunk.

STOP GRIFITING YOU FUCK!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 03:44:41 AM by Ghoul »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8224 on: November 22, 2021, 04:04:53 AM »
A gangsta rapping poc sex offender started the war on Christmas? When is tucker on?

Anyhow this shit sucks In Europe every parade is barricaded with concrete blocks because of that plowing at a christmas market a few years back.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 04:10:53 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8225 on: November 22, 2021, 04:12:22 AM »
As a non-American, I find it really bizarre that the first thing anyone is interested about is what colour his skin is. I mean, I get WHY it's such an issue in the US in 2021, but c'mon you fucking idiots, maintain a little dignity.
Spud

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #8226 on: November 22, 2021, 04:14:23 AM »
A gangsta rapping poc sex offender started the war on Christmas? When is tucker on?

Anyhow this shit sucks In Europe every parade is barricaded with concrete blocks because of that plowing at a christmas market a few years back.

Yeah, find it weird they had like TINY plastic bollards, like what the fuck is that meant to do? I see shit in Netherlands is fucked over covid lockdowns, saw someone's finger on the ground and a dude get shot at protests.

Dutch police, being very direct. 

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #8227 on: November 22, 2021, 05:17:40 AM »
Some of the comments early in that thread….just honestly head shaking. Dead kids after that piece of shit plowed through the crowd and some of them don’t care at all, just in that thread to complain about the fucking GOP causing it? Really? Just completely broken people posting over there.

And then instead of permanently banning them, its a week or a month. That’ll show them.

Aw come on. Its not like they said they liked Harry Potter or anything. Just errant fantasizing on the race and politics of a killer.

You know, normal shit. Not like that TERF shit.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8228 on: November 22, 2021, 06:43:37 AM »
Quote from: rsfour
Justice system fails yet again, and a lot of people are tragically affected by it.

:confused

you want a racist justice system designed to incarcerate black people to keep black people behind bars?

these people call kyle rittenhouse a failure of the justice system (even though there's video evidence that the jury came to the right conclusion based on the charge), then turn around and say letting black repeat offenders out on bail is equally a failure

almost seems like they just want to snipe and complain
:idont
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #8229 on: November 22, 2021, 06:55:35 AM »
Sounds about white guy got banned for concern trolling...

What a strange ban reason that doesn't make sense at all. Sounds more like they were embarrassed by his attempt at trying to look woke

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8230 on: November 22, 2021, 07:53:32 AM »
Just saw some information online about the attacker that i won't share because I don't want to do that and later learn it was fake news but, if true, this will be very very bad news.

You mean…worse than 5+ dead and 40+ injured?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-car-drove-through-crowds-at-waukesha-holiday-parade-up-5-confirmed-dead.517833/post-77496072

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8231 on: November 22, 2021, 08:08:39 AM »

Aw come on. Its not like they said they liked Harry Potter or anything. Just errant fantasizing on the race and politics of a killer.

You know, normal shit. Not like that TERF shit.

he might have killed some people, but he didn't hurt anyones feelings so its OK :trumps
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8232 on: November 22, 2021, 08:31:14 AM »
Quote from: Iorek Byrninson
Quote from: Brawly Likes to Brawl
There needs to be a serious conversation about the impulse to share hot takes within hours of a critical situation. Myself, and other posters were begging people in the first few pages not to do this, but it still happened, and what we were warning about came true.

I know that what happened yesterday was upsetting but as an outside observer you have to take every early assumption with a grain of salt, worst case scenario is that you have to wait a day or two before you drop your takes.
It's honestly just gross that people see a tragedy with a loss of life and their impulse is to post things like "But he feared for his life!", "Sounds about white!", "It's Wisconsin, it's probably an alcoholic!" etc. with zero information. Beyond being insensitive, it's also shows massive bias when there is zero information and clearly you just want to weaponize this tragedy for whatever opinions you want validated at the moment. Kids died, some people in this thread have loved ones there, and we have people trying to make clever Twitter hot takes. Real hot garbage.

:hesright :hesright :hesright

and literally no one on era will learn anything  :fbm
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8233 on: November 22, 2021, 09:11:22 AM »
I mean... the mods have actively fostered the environment where the majority of news stories posted are deliberately and selectively USA focussed white on black violence intended to push a narrative and spark outrage, and 'sounds about white' is the cliche response at this point for 2 or 3 pages, before a nepenthe 'drop mic' sermon on how white people are shit and bans for anyone who says otherwise / hit dog hollers etc.

If they had a single particle of self reflection
spoiler (click to show/hide)
or shame
[close]
, they wouldn't be dropping bans on normie posters doing exactly what they have been conditioned to do.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8234 on: November 22, 2021, 09:20:18 AM »
Just saw some information online about the attacker that i won't share because I don't want to do that and later learn it was fake news but, if true, this will be very very bad news.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-car-drove-through-crowds-at-waukesha-holiday-parade-up-5-confirmed-dead.517833/post-77496072

I wonder if it's just that the guy was a sex trafficker, as already posted at era, or if somebody thinks found some communication from the perpetrator that this was in retaliation for the rittenhouse verdict
 :picard
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8235 on: November 22, 2021, 10:31:16 AM »
some lovely era-esque twitter exchanges

https://twitter.com/exactly3words/status/1461370713789517828

https://twitter.com/exactly3words/status/1461646157155733510

https://twitter.com/feloneouscat/status/1461848447238160394

I have to applaud this person's ability to argue complex issues succinctly with only 3 word tweets
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 10:41:59 AM by Uncle »
Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #8236 on: November 22, 2021, 10:58:33 AM »

I wonder if it's just that the guy was a sex trafficker, as already posted at era, or if somebody thinks found some communication from the perpetrator that this was in retaliation for the rittenhouse verdict
 :picard
It’ll be some anti-white stuff. Era can’t categorise that as racism or prejudice, or pretend they’re not infested with the same sentiment, so they’ll bury it entirely. Finding anti-white stuff on social media is like shooting fish in a barrel, so I’ll bet that’s it.

His motives seem to be clear, so it’s almost certainly irrelevant anyway.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8237 on: November 22, 2021, 11:18:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/with-multiversuss-announcement-heres-a-friendly-reminder-that-j-k-rowling-is-a-piece-of-shit-terf.516720/page-5#post-77427381
Honestly it still bums me out that the Universal Parks have Wizarding World sections and that one of them made me miss out on Jaws the Ride. Granted that ride also had a heavy maintenance cost.

Walking through those sections during my trip in Orlando back in July, I was just internally screaming throughout, especially seeing just how big the lines of the rides are. It does further paint a picture just how popular that IP is. Arguably the only ride that matched the wait times was the new Velocicoaster.

Rowling killed Jaws  :stahp

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8238 on: November 22, 2021, 11:28:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-car-drove-through-crowds-at-waukesha-holiday-parade-up-5-confirmed-dead.517833/page-7#post-77496612
Mental health care facilities are usually one of the first things to have their funding cut and this is then reflected in more unstable people not getting their problems sorted and then lashing out at others or having complete lapses in judgement. Why a Christmas parade in particular? I don't know. The driver may have just wanted to hurt someone, like they feel hurt themselves or they just had some sort of mental snap and thought "fuck it". The demonisation of the mentally ill also deters people from getting therapy or treatment. "Boot straps" and all that shit. That doesn't justify murdering anyone, it just explains how such situations come to be. You can still think they're a "cunt" or an "idiot" for plowing their car through people, but that doesn't change the fact that the driver is most likely fucked in the head. Either that or they're tripping on drugs, but what do I know? I'm just trying to guess why this happened.

Edit: I just realised they were escaping from a police chase and this has nothing to do with mental health and just trying to escape law enforcement. My point still stands for other "crazies". Not that I'm justifying their lashing out. No one should be mowing through crowds in a vehicle. This is just one of those tragic, wrong place and wrong time situations.
:doge

ShutUp

« Reply #8239 on: November 22, 2021, 11:41:46 AM »
When exactly is there a right place and right time to make the decision to mow down a crowd of people?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8240 on: November 22, 2021, 11:43:35 AM »
Can someone help me with some links that support this claim. That JK wants trans people dead. Clarifying, I'm not expressing an opinion one way or another, I just want the information where this conclusion was drawn from.

watch the replies go from "Ugh, fuck you I'm so tired I can't answer this, look at all the evidence linked, 'just asking questions' blahblahblah" to "okay, she never actually said anything like that despite that being constantly implied, but actually thats much worse because reasons"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8241 on: November 22, 2021, 11:53:03 AM »
User banned (permanent): Troll account
It is and there’s no changing that fact.

This right here is a bullshit ban.
Bigots rights are human rights is the argument they're making; that all humans have the same rights, by virtue of being human.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8242 on: November 22, 2021, 11:57:51 AM »
User Banned (Duration Pending Admin Review): Long history of hostility and antagonism towards other members
You again?

I bet it was his bitch mother signing up to era to ruin his life

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8243 on: November 22, 2021, 12:19:20 PM »
I swear this was the plot of something i seen before. The mastermind organized all these smash and grabs by randoms to cover the real heist.

:iface

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8244 on: November 22, 2021, 12:25:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-car-drove-through-crowds-at-waukesha-holiday-parade-up-5-confirmed-dead.517833/page-9#post-77508381
I will never understand these weird fantasies people have about murdering people who break into their homes, even though in rare instances it happens you are more likely to be injured or killed by your own gun than heroically murder robber.

Get a dog.
???

Just say you're a republican and go. There are many reasons why the death penalty is inhumane, immoral, and far more expensive than life in prison.

Propagandhim

« Reply #8245 on: November 22, 2021, 12:33:31 PM »
Someone doesn't have to outright tell you they want you dead to make the same impact, they rely on dogwhistes, plausible deniability, and "just asking questions". Whittling down our support, spreading lies, misinformation, and doubt of our rights to exist, and victimizing herself is still coming to the same conclusion, that we shouldn't be allowed to exist and are a danger to the general public.

They especially love to abuse any patience we have, pretending to know absolutely nothing while barging into topics completely unrelated to themselves and suddenly being so interested in our rights to exist while seemingly doing absolutely zero research of their own. It comes off as extremely suspicious when people demand we carry the burden of informing them, instead of doing the most basic of research before barging in.

I feel like a lot of these people are livejournaling their feelings out as a coping mechanism for the devastating fact that if it weren't for Rowling's remarks on trans people, they would be happily enjoying the Harry Potter universe while pushing their 40s and beyond.  You really need to understand the mentality of some of these people to truly get that taking their consumer entertainment away is among one of the most egregious, life-altering things you can do.

Most normal adults would be like "Oh, this famous asshole doesn't like me?  Oh well, back to real life."  But some children's book author having an unsavory opinion about them seems to be an an unending torture.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 12:37:50 PM by Propagandhim »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8246 on: November 22, 2021, 12:36:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-prevalance-of-tv-tropes-level-media-analysis-in-audiences.518217/post-77509791

CinemaSins probably has a lot to do with that.

It can get annoying.

yeah, the CinemaSins Effect. it's hard not to notice it in online discourse these days

Of course only CinemaSins is to blame. Can't think of any popular webseries that strongly posited that "Tropes = problematic" and encouraged absolute surface level readings
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 12:47:31 PM by HaughtyFrank »

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #8247 on: November 22, 2021, 12:43:31 PM »
is cerium still *ahem* sleeping?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8248 on: November 22, 2021, 01:08:21 PM »
He is the sleeping beauty  :-*

« Reply #8249 on: November 22, 2021, 01:19:38 PM »
So the Cerium's sleep status question reminded me of one fun thing. This notification banner has been in place for weeks at this point:

It links to this thread:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/e3-bingo-winners-logo-changes.506553/

Which is a pinned thread in the main gaming forum from almost a month ago. The thread was posted on October 28th, listing the logo rotation plan. But it turns out their logo implementation was broken on some Apple devices, so they removed the rotating logos from the site entirely by the 30th, updated the thread to note that the schedule was on hold while they figure out tech issues.

Nothing happens for a couple of weeks, until Trans Week of Awareness, at which point they put the trans logo up. This is sort of interesting since the original schedule didn't actually leave the week free--so they'd originally planned to be running a game logo during this time, showing a shocking lack of respect in their reward rotation planning--and it immediately breaks as well. This time the tech team actually addresses the bug, and the trans logo stayed up and is still up. There have been no updates on when they're returning to the winners logo rotations. The thread remains pinned in gaming with minimal traffic, and anyone who hasn't dismissed the notification banner is still getting it on every log-on.

Thread about the site sale? Stick it in a forum section nobody goes to, treat the detail-lite notification banner as the highest form of notice that everyone should obviously read and take seriously, and close it and remove the notification banner as soon as conversation dies down.

Thread about a logo rotation most people don't care about? Pin it in a high-traffic location, toss out a more thorough notification, then leave it open indefinitely with an active notification even after the entire project has to go on indefinite hiatus.

But yeah no anyone who said the notification banner didn't grab their attention was speaking in bad faith; Era would totally never train users to ignore notifications.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8250 on: November 22, 2021, 01:19:44 PM »
Someone doesn't have to outright tell you they want you dead to make the same impact, they rely on dogwhistes, plausible deniability, and "just asking questions". Whittling down our support, spreading lies, misinformation, and doubt of our rights to exist, and victimizing herself is still coming to the same conclusion, that we shouldn't be allowed to exist and are a danger to the general public.

They especially love to abuse any patience we have, pretending to know absolutely nothing while barging into topics completely unrelated to themselves and suddenly being so interested in our rights to exist while seemingly doing absolutely zero research of their own. It comes off as extremely suspicious when people demand we carry the burden of informing them, instead of doing the most basic of research before barging in.

I feel like a lot of these people are livejournaling their feelings out as a coping mechanism for the devastating fact that if it weren't for Rowling's remarks on trans people, they would be happily enjoying the Harry Potter universe while pushing their 40s and beyond.  You really need to understand the mentality of some of these people to truly get that taking their consumer entertainment away is among one of the most egregious, life-altering things you can do.

Most normal adults would be like "Oh, this famous asshole doesn't like me?  Oh well, back to real life."  But some children's book author having an unsavory opinion about them seems to be an an unending torture.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/with-multiversuss-announcement-heres-a-friendly-reminder-that-j-k-rowling-is-a-piece-of-shit-terf.516720/page-4#post-77408544
User Banned (3 Months) Dismissing concerns with regards to transphobia, account in junior phase
I feel if you're influenced by a children's book author to hate trans people you hate trans people already and likely vote accordingly. I dont think celebrities really move the needle politically

jorma

« Reply #8251 on: November 22, 2021, 01:22:29 PM »
cerium rn:

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8252 on: November 22, 2021, 01:26:42 PM »
I swear this was the plot of something i seen before. The mastermind organized all these smash and grabs by randoms to cover the real heist.

Lot of cheerleaders in that thread.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8253 on: November 22, 2021, 01:30:29 PM »

Lot of cheerleaders in that thread.

I'm in the "have a hard time believing 80 people could organize that well without someone blabbing to cops" camp. Definitely has false flag op vibes for playing to wealthy suburbanites' fears in prep for next year's elections.

:hans1

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8254 on: November 22, 2021, 02:11:13 PM »
shoplifting has been legal in california for a while now and this is just the next step as people realize this

era types always say that any crime you can get out of by paying a fine is law that only applies to poor people, well any crime that has no punishment or is otherwise easily avoidable is law that only applies to people who haven't realized they can get free shit yet
:idont

Why is shoplifting so rampant? Because state law holds that stealing merchandise worth $950 or less is just a misdemeanor, which means that law enforcement probably won’t bother to investigate, and if they do, prosecutors will let it go.

Why won’t store employees do anything about this theft? Because they don’t want to take the risk. I doubt many would, knowing that a Rite Aid employee was murdered recently after trying to stop two thieves. Moreover, a confrontation within the store risks harming not only store staff but also customers, so employees are almost certainly instructed by their managers to do nothing.

Because of this law, California is extending an open invitation to anyone to walk in and take. Just like that—since they know that police or prosecutors won’t bother with a misdemeanor complaint and that store personnel won’t stop them.
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8255 on: November 22, 2021, 02:14:36 PM »
Quote from: SilentRob
Quote from: Bobby Peru
I'm in the "have a hard time believing 80 people could organize that well without someone blabbing to cops" camp. Definitely has false flag op vibes for playing to wealthy suburbanites' fears in prep for next year's elections.
You have a hard time believing that 80 people could organize to run into the same store and take what they can get and an easier time believing that a group of cops formed a conspiracy with those 80 people to make them rob stores so that Republicans win the next election?

This is a direct equivalent to the batshit false flag conspiracy theories you keep reading about from weird trump cultists.

staff are slipping, this man needs to get got for bothsidesism false equivalency bad faith comparison
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8256 on: November 22, 2021, 02:21:01 PM »

this man's crime was not that he encouraged stealing (in accordance with era's political views of "fuck you, redistribution now"), no, there's nothing wrong with that

instead, his transgression was to say this and nothing else  :doge
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8257 on: November 22, 2021, 02:45:21 PM »
We should not be accepting this as a norm in society.

What the hell? We are defending robberies on this board now???

We're already in a place where the right is in a position to sweep politically over the next couple of years, and the whole 'fuck corporations, steal their shit' attitude isn't helping.

Fuck these people.

All this white nonsense. Slayven can you sort it out?
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8258 on: November 22, 2021, 03:01:38 PM »
More like NepNep can you sort this white nonsense out?

jorma

« Reply #8259 on: November 22, 2021, 03:02:13 PM »
don't worry, nep nep will be there any minute now to explain why these stores don't give their stuff away for free

NekoFever

« Reply #8260 on: November 22, 2021, 03:04:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/with-multiversuss-announcement-heres-a-friendly-reminder-that-j-k-rowling-is-a-piece-of-shit-terf.516720/page-5#post-77427381
Honestly it still bums me out that the Universal Parks have Wizarding World sections and that one of them made me miss out on Jaws the Ride. Granted that ride also had a heavy maintenance cost.

Walking through those sections during my trip in Orlando back in July, I was just internally screaming throughout, especially seeing just how big the lines of the rides are. It does further paint a picture just how popular that IP is. Arguably the only ride that matched the wait times was the new Velocicoaster.

Rowling killed Jaws  :stahp

I was at Universal yesterday and assumed the crowds were just there to check for transphobic content.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8261 on: November 22, 2021, 03:17:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/80-person-heist-happened-yesterday-on-a-nordstorm-in-walnut-creek-california.517962/page-4#post-77514114
One time a guy came into Linens 'n Things when I was working the register and filled up a basket with electric toothbrushes. He walked up to the door that only opens to go in and I was like "that's the wrong way" and then he pushed it open and I went "hey, you can't do that!" and I chased after him. Honestly, I was just super pissed he was running out the door with like 2 months of my salary worth of fucking toothbrushes. He got into a car that was waiting and was gone.

In retrospect it was dumb, but I was pissed that I was making like, 8 bucks an hour and this dude just got all that shit for free.
Wat

No in retrospect it was hilarious. I was 17 and my manager yelled at me for doing it and I was like "but that guy just stole more money than I make in a month".

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #8262 on: November 22, 2021, 03:21:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/80-person-heist-happened-yesterday-on-a-nordstorm-in-walnut-creek-california.517962/page-4#post-77514114
One time a guy came into Linens 'n Things when I was working the register and filled up a basket with electric toothbrushes. He walked up to the door that only opens to go in and I was like "that's the wrong way" and then he pushed it open and I went "hey, you can't do that!" and I chased after him. Honestly, I was just super pissed he was running out the door with like 2 months of my salary worth of fucking toothbrushes. He got into a car that was waiting and was gone.

In retrospect it was dumb, but I was pissed that I was making like, 8 bucks an hour and this dude just got all that shit for free.
Wat

No in retrospect it was hilarious. I was 17 and my manager yelled at me for doing it and I was like "but that guy just stole more money than I make in a month".

Capitalist on Era.  You hate to see it.
sigh

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8263 on: November 22, 2021, 03:59:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-car-drove-through-crowds-at-waukesha-holiday-parade-up-5-confirmed-dead.517833/page-10#post-77516385
i know you think this makes you look hard

it actually makes you look like a giant weenie

That's something a 5 year old would say  :neogaf

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8264 on: November 22, 2021, 04:28:50 PM »
Surprised no one talked about this..
https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/illinois-dem-calls-wisconsin-christmas-rampage-karma/
What a disgusting take on the matter
Probably because it's a a social media director for the Democratic Party in DuPage County, i.e. a fucking nobody.
The NY Post just doing NY Post things.
“Living in Wisconsin, he probably felt threatened,” another tweet, which was still online Monday morning, read — referring to the driver being held as a person of interest in the Waukesha incident, which left five people dead and dozens hurt.

“I’m sure he didn’t want to hurt anyone. He came to help people,” she added in her sarcasm-laced missive.

“I’m sad anytime anyone dies. I just believe in Karma and this came around quick on the citizens of Wisconsin,” Lemanski wrote, according to Fox News. 

Democrat drops Resetera level takes but suddenly it doesn't matter. They'd be so all over it if it was some republican social media director with a dumbass take.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8265 on: November 22, 2021, 04:37:25 PM »
FFFFFFFFUCK OFFFFFOFOFOFFF!

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #8266 on: November 22, 2021, 04:52:20 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

this man's crime was not that he encouraged stealing (in accordance with era's political views of "fuck you, redistribution now"), no, there's nothing wrong with that

instead, his transgression was to say this and nothing else  :doge
FREETACOS

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8267 on: November 22, 2021, 04:55:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-car-drove-through-crowds-at-waukesha-holiday-parade-up-5-confirmed-dead.517833/page-10#post-77516385
i know you think this makes you look hard

it actually makes you look like a giant weenie

That's something a 5 year old would say  :neogaf

giant weenies  :drool
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8268 on: November 22, 2021, 05:15:12 PM »
Surprised no one talked about this..
https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/illinois-dem-calls-wisconsin-christmas-rampage-karma/
What a disgusting take on the matter
Probably because it's a a social media director for the Democratic Party in DuPage County, i.e. a fucking nobody.
The NY Post just doing NY Post things.
“Living in Wisconsin, he probably felt threatened,” another tweet, which was still online Monday morning, read — referring to the driver being held as a person of interest in the Waukesha incident, which left five people dead and dozens hurt.

“I’m sure he didn’t want to hurt anyone. He came to help people,” she added in her sarcasm-laced missive.

“I’m sad anytime anyone dies. I just believe in Karma and this came around quick on the citizens of Wisconsin,” Lemanski wrote, according to Fox News. 

Democrat drops Resetera level takes but suddenly it doesn't matter. They'd be so all over it if it was some republican social media director with a dumbass take.
Obviously it's some Republican false flag psyops to steal the election or something
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #8269 on: November 22, 2021, 05:16:02 PM »

This mentality is literally toxic. You will never gather support for your position if your answer to everyone is "NOT MY JOB, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH" (but not on COVID remember) because only progressive white women believe this to be an acceptable answer. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

But also consider this, we literally learned recently that the BBC is a hive of transphobic genocide that does nothing but publish articles about how genociding all trans people is a good thing that must be done as soon as possible. So when you tell someone to "DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH" one place they might start is the BBC. And now they're in favor of trans genocide, all because you were too lazy to give them the supposedly easily accessible information on what Rowling said. We're told the same about the media writ large, so where is someone supposed to go to start their research? We're never told.

Further toxic is this: "pretending to know absolutely nothing while barging into topics completely unrelated to themselves and suddenly being so interested" which is literally something you on the social justice "left" demand constantly. A person is centering you, wanting to know about you, wanting to know about your lived experiences, deferring to your knowledge, etc. And what do you do? Chastise and shame them for this, telling them it's not a space they're allowed in because they're different from you.

So, yes, the burden of informing people of your opinion is in fact on you and will always be on you. You can't handwave this by declaring "THERE IS NO DEBATE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH" and think it will shift people to your position outside of ecosystems you already control.

Now, with all that in mind, let's return to the first paragraph here. They say that Rowling's various statements lead to the conclusion that she believes "we shouldn't be allowed to exist" and why do they have to "do the math" on this to read between the lines and "dogwhistles"? Because if you take Rowling's actual public statements you get things like:
https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1269407862234775552
And:
If you could come inside my head and understand what I feel when I read about a trans woman dying at the hands of a violent man, you’d find solidarity and kinship. I have a visceral sense of the terror in which those trans women will have spent their last seconds on earth, because I too have known moments of blind fear when I realised that the only thing keeping me alive was the shaky self-restraint of my attacker.

I believe the majority of trans-identified people not only pose zero threat to others, but are vulnerable for all the reasons I’ve outlined. Trans people need and deserve protection. Like women, they’re most likely to be killed by sexual partners. Trans women who work in the sex industry, particularly trans women of colour, are at particular risk. Like every other domestic abuse and sexual assault survivor I know, I feel nothing but empathy and solidarity with trans women who’ve been abused by men.

So I want trans women to be safe.
And:
It would be so much easier to tweet the approved hashtags – because of course trans rights are human rights and of course trans lives matter – scoop up the woke cookies and bask in a virtue-signalling afterglow.
No, most people aren't going to see the insidious plan of Rowling's at work here and having red flags go up and warning signals go off to let them know that this is about literally murdering trans people until they no longer exist. That's why you have to explain it to them and make what's so obvious to you clear to others.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8270 on: November 22, 2021, 05:22:02 PM »
They're JAQing tho

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8271 on: November 22, 2021, 05:34:57 PM »
there's some merit in the idea that there is literally no way a normal person would end up on era not already being extremely well established in knowledge of the site's history and positions on every subject

I cannot picture a person walking along the internet with their hands in their pockets just whistling innocently and saying "hey, what's this gaming site? reset era? sounds fun, let me just sign up with my exclusive academic email address that they require for some reason (that's weird) but yeah I can't wait to talk about video games"
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8272 on: November 22, 2021, 05:51:32 PM »
When I Google ResetEra the second result is from KnowYourMeme site.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 05:56:52 PM by Taco Bell Tower »

benjipwns

« Reply #8273 on: November 22, 2021, 06:02:08 PM »
They're JAQing tho
User Banned (1 Month): Transphobia

What does a gender neutral pronoun have to do with transgender people?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8274 on: November 22, 2021, 06:08:58 PM »
Incelsiorlef quote the person, no wonder the ban.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8275 on: November 22, 2021, 06:14:11 PM »
They're JAQing tho
User Banned (1 Month): Transphobia

What does a gender neutral pronoun have to do with transgender people?

How is this a serious question

Nonbinary trans people

How does this even answer the question. If you're non-binary how can you be trans? And even when we just accept that, doesn't this still make it a non-binary issue instead of a trans one?

Also love how she acts like it's an entirely self explanatory fact though.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8276 on: November 22, 2021, 06:17:05 PM »
Banned person even apologized to Incelsiorlef but that wasn't good enough.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8277 on: November 22, 2021, 06:24:32 PM »
How does this even answer the question. If you're non-binary how can you be trans? And even when we just accept that, doesn't this still make it a non-binary issue instead of a trans one?

"I was assigned male at birth, but never felt like it fit me.  I am excited to announce that I have discovered I am demigender, and will transition in the coming months (mentally, as no physical modification is required).  Happy to embrace my trans brothers, sisters and non binary misters!  :-* "
Uncle

Bebpo

« Reply #8278 on: November 22, 2021, 06:45:17 PM »
Why does everyone on the internet have the thinnest skin these days.

Some thread on era "Ridley Scott says Millenials suck because they didn't see The Last Duel" -> tons of posters going "FUCK YOU RIDLEY"

Like...if some old ass movie director saying your generation sucks is enough to get under your skin that you have to write a reply telling an imaginary person who will never read it to fuck off....idk. Just seems incredibly petty. Like who cares....

And this is just a specific situation that is something I've seen going on over and over again for years. People get so heated and ANGRY about every little slight online. It's just ridiculous. Makes everyone online seem crazy. I'd never want to meet any of these people irl.

« Reply #8279 on: November 22, 2021, 07:01:57 PM »
Everything Ridley Scott says is going to get an x4 Fuck Off multiplier from Era for him taking a swipe at superhero movies a couple weeks ago.