Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785820 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #12360 on: January 27, 2022, 06:14:29 PM »
Resume posting.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 06:20:50 PM by bork »
ど助平

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #12361 on: January 27, 2022, 06:22:19 PM »
::)
Margs

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #12362 on: January 27, 2022, 06:22:38 PM »
The 21 year old "long term unemployed" anarchist moderator who was giving more interviews has now also stepped down:

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands

« Reply #12364 on: January 27, 2022, 06:24:18 PM »
Man, you guys solve those great amounts of reports way faster than the incompetent mods at resetera dot com. Good job

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #12365 on: January 27, 2022, 06:29:18 PM »
Those anti-worker get really worked up

:rodney

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12366 on: January 27, 2022, 06:32:44 PM »
I know this thread tends to be about era and has revolved around reddit for a bit, but there is one more Reddit Happening going on

so reddit has this block feature where you can block someone and you stop seeing anything they say or do, cool, right?

no, because they still get to keep seeing you and can stalk you, downvote you, reply to you and appear to get the last word on arguments like they just shut you down, and you don't get to see any of it
 :social

blocking someone blesses them with the ability to be your personal mischievous ghost
 :rage

so reddit, in their infinite wisdom, have fixed the problem!

they have rolled out a new block feature, so when you block someone, neither of you can see anything the other person is doing, it's like you both don't exist to each other

except...this has broken reddit

• annoyed that someone you disagree with always comes into your threads and provides reasonable counterarguments? now they can't even see your threads! it's like you got to ban that one user from all discussions you start
  • in the middle of an argument with someone who is annoying you? post your final statement and instantly block them, and they can't even reply! you win, champ!
  • are you a spammer who posts useless nonsense or advertisements? block all the users who are known to be anti-spam reporters!
  • want to complain to mods or admins about an issue without the other person getting to defend themselves? just block them and make your thread!
  • are you nefarious and want to mock another subreddit without getting in trouble? just mass-block all the most active users over there, and they won't even know you're doing it! (reddit claims they want to implement systems to prevent mass blocking, but isn't that counterproductive for people who are being abused and need to mass block?)

it's like nobody even put a single thought into what would happen when they implemented this

Uncle

Kurt Russell

« Reply #12367 on: January 27, 2022, 06:38:28 PM »

it's like nobody even put a single thought into what would happen when they implemented this

(Image removed from quote.)

Do certain subreddits still do that thing where you get insta-banned from the entire subreddit if they don't like your history of histories?
woke

Propagandhim

« Reply #12368 on: January 27, 2022, 06:40:31 PM »

Malala dodged bullets for the opportunity to go to school.  Little did she know, she could've just sat on reddit with her thumb up her privileged ass.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #12369 on: January 27, 2022, 06:45:56 PM »
The 21 year old "long term unemployed" anarchist moderator who was giving more interviews has now also stepped down:

Sure does like to talk about liberals a lot.

Himu alt?
woke

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12370 on: January 27, 2022, 06:47:02 PM »

Do certain subreddits still do that thing where you get insta-banned from the entire subreddit if they don't like your history of histories?

yes, which is actually against the spirit of reddit rules, but admins say they begrudgingly allow it

you can't ban someone for breaking your sub's rules in another sub (i.e. rule #1 of r/nicedogs is nobody can ever call a dog a "pupper" and Kurt Russell did it over in r/cutepuppers)

however, if you make it against the rules to have ever posted in r/cutepuppers, then technically Kurt Russell broke your sub's rules and the bots can have a field day with you

:doggy
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12371 on: January 27, 2022, 06:48:45 PM »
Resume posting.

Are boreans being killed in the digital realm again?
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #12372 on: January 27, 2022, 06:54:28 PM »

Malala dodged bullets for the opportunity to go to school.  Little did she know, she could've just sat on reddit with her thumb up her privileged ass.
Do you think he knew school was oppressive before he read The Abolition of Work or did he realize that work is just as oppressive as school is?

ELIMINATE 👏 ALL 👏 HIERARCHIES 👏

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12373 on: January 27, 2022, 06:56:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bored-ape-yacht-club-accused-of-using-racist-and-nazi-dogwhistles.545033/post-81033722
Once I learned that the word "privatization" entered the English language to describe the economic policy of the Nazis, the world started to make way more sense.
The Economist magazine introduced the term privatisation (alternatively privatisation or reprivatisation after the German Reprivatisierung) during the 1930s when it covered Nazi Germany's economic policy.[5][6] It is not clear if the magazine coincidentally invented the word in English or if the term is a loanword from the same expression in German, where it has been in use since the 19th century.[7]
:doge
The economics of Nazi Germany are fascinating. To begin with Hitler was so against Marxism and Communism that there was no central planning of the economy or anything else so basically lots of privatization and deregulation. Nazi Germany was basically a ponzi-scheme based on the conquest of more land that would somehow cover the loans and deficits of the state. i.e. the famous "the war will pay for itself" theory. Acquiring land was a necessity in the economic model.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12374 on: January 27, 2022, 07:08:36 PM »

This fucking monkey thinks he can speak authoritatively on why working sucks and the "tyranny of the majority"?

He's 21 and considers himself long term unemployed. That means he's never really had a productive day of work in his life.

You don't give these people air time (unless the objective is to mock them), you don't let them speak on behalf of 1.7 million people, you just ignore them like all the rest of the drop out hopeless cases.
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #12375 on: January 27, 2022, 07:10:38 PM »

This fucking monkey thinks he can speak authoritatively on why working sucks and the "tyranny of the majority"?

He's 21 and considers himself long term unemployed. That means he's never really had a productive day of work in his life.

You don't give these people air time (unless the objective is to mock them), you don't let them speak on behalf of 1.7 million people, you just ignore them like all the rest of the drop out hopeless cases.

Seems to be a longrunning theme of hyperjudgemental people with no expertise or credentials deciding how society should be organized (or dismantled) OR ELSE. 

benjipwns

« Reply #12376 on: January 27, 2022, 07:11:31 PM »
Disney needs to crackdown on these dumbfucks.
Anti-vaxxers = slightest different of opinion. Lets not sanitize harmful, anti-science rhetoric.
Difference of opinion being a minor thing is when someone thinks the Sopranos is a better TV show than the Wire. When someone's difference of opinion is disputing facts that result in people getting killed, they deserve the blowback. You hear the same talk when people say it's just a difference of opinion on police brutality and the like.
"Cancelling" someone for spreading deadly anti-science bullshit is just as bad as spreading deadly anti-science bullshit when you really stop to think about it.
cool

she and every single anti vaxxer are still trash thou
They really hate women.

Where's the anti-vax anti-science rhetoric in her post?

benjipwns

« Reply #12377 on: January 27, 2022, 07:34:14 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/se62xd/ualex_moran_is_100_an_alt_account_for_uabolish/
NumberOneAltAccount
·
3 hr. ago

You forgot to include the part where Alex defends rape. https://imgur.com/a/QKlMwDB

Or how they share a lot of other similar qualities with Abolishwork.

https://imgur.com/a/6V5uhOo

And for visibility, I also want to share that another organization knew about the accusations against Abolishwork last year and removed them from the organization. (Search the text for Doreen).

https://c4ss.org/content/53795

Edit to add a screenshot of Abolishwork using an alt to say they barely have time for one account.

https://imgur.com/a/IbzaVkY

e_ndoubleu
·
3 hr. ago
Wow, they have to be trolling at this point right? No way could someone be this off base.

“A woman committing rape against another woman does not have the power dynamic present to justify calling it sexual assault or rape.”

WTF. How can anyone say or type that out? They literally admitted to raping another woman, but they’re trying to use their trans status and autistic status to make it ok. Beyond destroying this subs reputation they are also hurting the reputation of trans and autistic people.
generalwaste0
·
2 hr. ago
"Looks like Doreen got caught again. But I also don't think that it's her account. Doreen wouldn't stoop down that level."

A now deleted comment by u/Alex__Moran

:rofl at all of this

benjipwns

« Reply #12378 on: January 27, 2022, 07:41:04 PM »
And now a moderator for the subreddit they were fleeing to is down:

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12379 on: January 27, 2022, 07:49:57 PM »
He had to call work?

Another dirty worker outed  :yuck

This is like the people that boycot Call of Duty and then play Call of Duty.
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #12380 on: January 27, 2022, 07:51:19 PM »
This is so fucking funny and yet so, so stupid at the same time.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12381 on: January 27, 2022, 07:55:29 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/se62xd/ualex_moran_is_100_an_alt_account_for_uabolish/
NumberOneAltAccount
·
3 hr. ago

You forgot to include the part where Alex defends rape. https://imgur.com/a/QKlMwDB

Or how they share a lot of other similar qualities with Abolishwork.

https://imgur.com/a/6V5uhOo

And for visibility, I also want to share that another organization knew about the accusations against Abolishwork last year and removed them from the organization. (Search the text for Doreen).

https://c4ss.org/content/53795

Edit to add a screenshot of Abolishwork using an alt to say they barely have time for one account.

https://imgur.com/a/IbzaVkY
e_ndoubleu
·
3 hr. ago
Wow, they have to be trolling at this point right? No way could someone be this off base.

“A woman committing rape against another woman does not have the power dynamic present to justify calling it sexual assault or rape.”

WTF. How can anyone say or type that out? They literally admitted to raping another woman, but they’re trying to use their trans status and autistic status to make it ok. Beyond destroying this subs reputation they are also hurting the reputation of trans and autistic people.
generalwaste0
·
2 hr. ago
"Looks like Doreen got caught again. But I also don't think that it's her account. Doreen wouldn't stoop down that level."

A now deleted comment by u/Alex__Moran

:rofl at all of this

:morans
ど助平

Averon

« Reply #12382 on: January 27, 2022, 08:00:10 PM »
All those fucking dummies not realising that the new rules just prohibit them making threads for the exclusive purpose of shitting on NFTs.

You already weren't allowed to shill your own shit and nobody was doing that anyway.

So any reasoned, relevant threads about NFT/crypto are still allowed, but salty derails and threadwhining are now specifically codified in the ToS.

:itagaki

Looks like they are catching on....

Quote from: Minishdriveby
The NFT rules only serve to promote NFTs. Only allowing positive promotion OT threads and gaming news telling users they'll be forced into the ecosystem, means users will be more inclined to accept company PR.

It's like stating all threads about JKR being a TERF are no longer allowed because it only leads to pages of comments dogpiling her and telling her to "fuck off" while still allowing threads on AAA Harry Potter video game development and amusement parks. It's free promotion.

Also, it looks like locking another thread got the inmates in a tizzy again :lol

Averon

« Reply #12383 on: January 27, 2022, 08:08:28 PM »
Hecht is finally telling them to STFU and stop being outrage addicts.

Quote from: Hecht
Alrighty, back home from work, let's check on the thread and see how it's...

Oh.

I see some of you are trying to get a PB in the Genuine Feedback to Saying the Mods are Nazis Any% speedrun.

So let's just get that out of the way first. If you actually believe this, then I would hope you'd rather go somewhere else because you wouldn't want to support that, so just tell me now and we can send you on your way. I want to help.

If you're just joking about it, then haha, that's incredibly funny and a totally normal response to something like a policy change on a message board. I hope we're still laughing, you and I, together, when you come back in a week or a month or whatever. Great joke on Holocaust Rememberance Day, especially.

Let's get on to some actual questions/comments. I'll apologize for the tone in advance, but tbh after the above, I'm kinda running short of rainbows and bunnies.

To be clear, any mention of "you" going forward is just a general "you," not anyone in particular, nor am I referring to everyone in this thread.

Why'd the Nazi Ape thread get locked?

So first off, the policy states pretty clearly that there is going to be level of subjectivity involved. When we saw the thread about the founders of BAYC being Nazis, we went back and forth on whether to lock it or not, given the new rule, but ultimately decided on a lock, because what's the actual news there?

That some people, who created a speculative asset with no actual function and solely exists to grift people out of their money if they got in at the bottom on the pyramid like some sort of Libertarian wet dream, turned out to be Nazis? The same ones who, chose apes as the primary image and have iterations with "hip-hop" accessories (that blog post's words, not mine), turned out to be racists?

Are we really surprised? What's to discuss there?

That brings me to:

So you're only closing NEGATIVE threads? Isn't what's left only POSITIVE threads? You're just PROMOTING NFTs!

No. We're not "only" allowing "good" news. We are allowing NEWS. Something that is relatively substantial, whether gaming or not, or, well...go read the first two points of the policy post. I don't need to repeat it here.

Let me give a quick refresher on how a message board works. When the OP hits "Post," the thread doesn't end. You can type in the little box at the bottom of the thread and reply, either disagreeing or agreeing, or sharing your own experience, or making a joke, or whatever. The thread continues, as does the conversation, which may change direction as it goes on.

Do you think that the OP of the "French Surgeon Attempts To Sell Bataclan Victim X-ray As NFT" thread was promoting NFTs? The posts that followed were basically all some variation on the very reasonable response of "what the fuck?" I would argue that wasn't promotion, it was a piece of news, and then the thread posts their thoughts on said article.

If you think the act of simply posting a news article is by default promotion, then you're gonna have a rough time here. Can't believe we promoted Trump for those few years, and I'm really disappointed about the promotion of various atrocities happening around the world that we have threads on.

In short, come the fuck on.

I want to post a thread about NFTs because NFTs suck!

Yeah, I get it. I think they're stupid too. But that's the thing. We and you both know this. Every single NFT thread goes exactly the same way, and you'd get a ton of them funneling onto the forum every day.

Here, I did a quick sampling of the most recent EtcetEra threads with the word "NFT" in the title (and were things like articles posted, not just a random thread with a poll or something), and counted the posts on the first page (50ppp) that posted some variation of "fuck NFTs," "it's a scam/grift/nonsense," or agreed with a previous post that said that - stuff like that. Here's what I found:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/unique-beatles-and-john-lennon-items-up-for-nft-auction.544079/ (13/50 posts)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fr...-to-sell-bataclan-victim-x-ray-as-nft.543212/ (14/24)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tw...profile-photos-for-twitter-blue-users.542063/ (6/50, though to be fair most of the other posts were instead some form of "now I know who to block," or "I can right-click that and use it for free," which...are pretty close to what I was looking for)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/in...ion-by-selling-nft-selfies-on-opensea.540515/ (25/50)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/got-milk-now-you-can-also-have-a-team-milk-nft.539345/ (20/39)

Excluding the Twitter thread (since I didn't bother counting those other posts), that's 99/163 posts that are just the same thing.

But that's the thing - you don't actually want us to ban discussions of NFTs, you want more of these threads. You want to see an NFT thread pop up so you can jump in and scream into the void "FUCK NFTs!" and then collapse on your bed, sweaty and content. And then the next thread pops up. And another. And another. And each time you get to feel like you're "on the right side" (and personally, considering my dislike for them as well, likely correct), and that little pleasure center of your brain becomes awash in a wave of serotonin, waiting for the next one.

For the most part, there's nothing to talk about, which is why we limited the types of threads to specific categories - news items that would make sense to discuss, because it may or does have an effect on gaming (or outside gaming) in some way. I imagine that they will likely go the same way, but at the very least we're not flooding the site with threads about the same thing over and over.

If all you want to do is scream into the void, you're in luck. There's a place for that (Twitter).

This as close as he's gotten to telling the inmates to pound sand and go to Twitter if they want to be outraged about NFTs 24/7 :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #12384 on: January 27, 2022, 08:11:29 PM »
User Banned (2 weeks): trolling over a series of posts

75%? Really? You sound really confident in a non-existent invasion happening that will only happen due to western agitation.
User Banned (2 weeks): trolling, inflammatory accusations

I don't know, we got people calling others russian bots in here for not lining up for another US proxy war.

Some of ya'll literally never learn.
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling over a series of posts

Holy shit just went through the last few pages.

Era always horny for war god damn.
User banned (1 week): trolling

The ironic thing is that the many of the arguments made in favor of military intervention with Iraq and Afghanistan look exactly the same as the arguments made for military intervention with Russia.

If I squint my eyes enough as I read the comments here it looks more or less the same as the comments in the liberal foreign policy blogs I was reading in 2002.

No one has any problem with arming a bunch of neo nazis in Ukraine?

It's pretty simply when you think about. The U.S. can't find money for canceling student debt, medicare for all, or social uplift, but will scrounge up millions for lethal aid. And people get behind it.

Have you met any Americans?

It's amazing that just months after leaving Afghanistan, so many in the USA (and the UK too tbf) are so keen on getting involved in another foreign war that will definitely go well and improve things for the people who live there this time.

Apologies--I live in the United States and my references to "we" are for the USA.

I did catch now that you claimed that I thought no one should help Ukraine, which again, I never said.

I'm speaking with knowledge that the majority of US interventions (of which there are many) have been failures, mistakes, and/or exploitative. These sorts of interventions are rarely morally imperative and there are more often ulterior motives and/or unforeseen consequences. Like I said, I don't like Obama, but I do agree with his general sentiment of not getting involved.

Isn't this kind of the equivalent of "we had a Black president, so how could we have a problem with white nationalists in the US"?

Alsooooo, again, never said or inferred that there will be a Nazi "takeover" of Ukraine.

I don’t believe that is true. I think Russia has been clear they do not want NATO supplied weapons in Ukraine.
                       "trolling"?
 :isthis

Propagandhim

« Reply #12385 on: January 27, 2022, 08:12:28 PM »

So you're only closing NEGATIVE threads? Isn't what's left only POSITIVE threads? You're just PROMOTING NFTs!

No. We're not "only" allowing "good" news. We are allowing NEWS.

Lord give strength to the earthly foundations of resetera.com if JK Rowling comes out with an NFT.

Propagandhim

« Reply #12386 on: January 27, 2022, 08:13:20 PM »

75%? Really? You sound really confident in a non-existent invasion happening that will only happen due to western agitation.
User Banned (2 weeks): trolling, inflammatory accusations

I don't know, we got people calling others russian bots in here for not lining up for another US proxy war.

Some of ya'll literally never learn.
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling over a series of posts

Holy shit just went through the last few pages.

Era always horny for war god damn.

The ironic thing is that the many of the arguments made in favor of military intervention with Iraq and Afghanistan look exactly the same as the arguments made for military intervention with Russia.

If I squint my eyes enough as I read the comments here it looks more or less the same as the comments in the liberal foreign policy blogs I was reading in 2002.

No one has any problem with arming a bunch of neo nazis in Ukraine?

It's pretty simply when you think about. The U.S. can't find money for canceling student debt, medicare for all, or social uplift, but will scrounge up millions for lethal aid. And people get behind it.

Have you met any Americans?

It's amazing that just months after leaving Afghanistan, so many in the USA (and the UK too tbf) are so keen on getting involved in another foreign war that will definitely go well and improve things for the people who live there this time.

Apologies--I live in the United States and my references to "we" are for the USA.

I did catch now that you claimed that I thought no one should help Ukraine, which again, I never said.

I'm speaking with knowledge that the majority of US interventions (of which there are many) have been failures, mistakes, and/or exploitative. These sorts of interventions are rarely morally imperative and there are more often ulterior motives and/or unforeseen consequences. Like I said, I don't like Obama, but I do agree with his general sentiment of not getting involved.

Isn't this kind of the equivalent of "we had a Black president, so how could we have a problem with white nationalists in the US"?

Alsooooo, again, never said or inferred that there will be a Nazi "takeover" of Ukraine.

I don’t believe that is true. I think Russia has been clear they do not want NATO supplied weapons in Ukraine.
                       "trolling"?
 :isthis

Amazing  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #12387 on: January 27, 2022, 08:16:52 PM »
Great joke on Holocaust Rememberance Day, especially.
I'd imagine that the point of "never again" is to help stop the Nazis before they rise to power again, wherever that may be, not just go "thoughts and prayers" and "oh that's sad" and outlaw Nazi references. Nazis are used because almost nobody respectable responds to it with "Well, actually, they had it coming" or "User Banned (1 Month): Sinophobia" or claims it's a capitalist lie.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12388 on: January 27, 2022, 08:33:43 PM »
Hecht works?  I thought he was an alcoholic who spends all day looking at thebire and kiwifarms for alts.

marrec

« Reply #12389 on: January 27, 2022, 08:38:56 PM »
Reminds me of breastfeeding.

I am also often reminded of breastfeeding
A stroll down mammary lane.

Getting in on the ground floor before this blows up to  "9 more people like this".

The prophecy has been fulfilled the end is near

« Reply #12390 on: January 27, 2022, 08:39:39 PM »
A runner with the NFT stuff has been staff latching onto anything and everything as reminders of how unfairly they're treated (the forum format change/Iraq war comparisons came up again yesterday, and then Hecht's focus on a single user making a one-off Nazi comparison they since retracted prompting his whole followup post) I was contemplating the question of who are the bigger whiny bitches: Era staff or era posters?
Quote from: Fuzzy
When will the threadmark be made into a thread and alerted to everyone?
Debating the best way to do that, because, I'm as I'm often told, everyone ignores the banners at the top of the page and alerts.
Quote from: Fuzzy
User threadbanned: trolling
Step one is to stop using it for useless stuff like GotY voting. 😉
Quote from: Foot
User Threadbanned (permanent)
Why can’t the community talk about what it wants to talk about?

I think the answer is just that B-dubs is forever the pissiest bitch:
Quote from: B-Dubs
FYI, I am tired of people using this thread to troll, snipe at staff, or try and stir the pot and start trouble. If you're doing either I will toss you out of the thread, just like I did the last two.

If you've got actual concerns you've obviously got nothing to worry about. I'm just posting this so you all know this wasn't Hecht and don't go blaming him.

BIONIC

« Reply #12391 on: January 27, 2022, 08:39:48 PM »
How are any of those Ukraine posts trolling?  :wut
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #12392 on: January 27, 2022, 08:45:06 PM »
One guy was using a lot of Russian framed talking points to back up his argument and that was upsetting people in the thread so I get banning him (even if I wouldn't) while most of the others just seemed to be anti-war or anti-US people but they just went and slapped "trolling" on all of them. :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #12393 on: January 27, 2022, 08:48:16 PM »
I think the answer is just that B-dubs is forever the pissiest bitch:
Quote from: B-Dubs
FYI, I am tired of people using this thread to troll, snipe at staff, or try and stir the pot and start trouble. If you're doing either I will toss you out of the thread, just like I did the last two.

If you've got actual concerns you've obviously got nothing to worry about. I'm just posting this so you all know this wasn't Hecht and don't go blaming him.
And by "actual concerns" we mean if some feature isn't working correctly or there's transphobia going ignored not any form of criticism of forum policy and processes.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
Fish<

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12395 on: January 27, 2022, 08:51:02 PM »
But that's the thing - you don't actually want us to ban discussions of NFTs, you want more of these threads. You want to see an NFT thread pop up so you can jump in and scream into the void "FUCK NFTs!" and then collapse on your bed, sweaty and content. And then the next thread pops up. And another. And another. And each time you get to feel like you're "on the right side" (and personally, considering my dislike for them as well, likely correct), and that little pleasure center of your brain becomes awash in a wave of serotonin, waiting for the next one.

He's 1:1 describing the cyberpunk situation  :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12396 on: January 27, 2022, 08:53:17 PM »
How are any of those Ukraine posts trolling?  :wut

Anytime they want ban someone for being too lefty or tanky they use "trolling"

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #12397 on: January 27, 2022, 08:54:09 PM »

He's 1:1 describing the cyberpunk situation  :lol
God that's so fucking on point, especially coming from hecht
But that's the community they decided to foster, when they decided they wouldn't clamp down that stuff and just allow it to run rampant
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:03:34 PM by DJ Bedroom »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12398 on: January 27, 2022, 09:11:54 PM »

LOL. People of transition?

We're doing this now?

PEOPLE. OF. TRANSITION.

Fuck me sideways with a rusty spoon. These people are all fucking mental cases.
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #12399 on: January 27, 2022, 09:24:45 PM »
like i said in that cat thread today, i've had lots of cats throughout my life and they all just ran away

some were obviously jonesing to get out of dodge, some had "personality" and wanted to chill with me. but eventually most of them yeet

You have to be a serious fuck up if every cat you had ran off

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cats-indoor-or-outdoor.545063/page-6#post-81057056

benjipwns

« Reply #12400 on: January 27, 2022, 09:53:40 PM »
Hello Chaos. I'm a new mod who elected to write this post with what is left of our mod team reviewing and approving it. Hopefully you all find this sticky /megathread in good taste. This thread is to address the many concerns raised in wake of the Fox Interview.

This Megathread will be updated frequently as our situation develops. We do not need fifteen thousand separate threads clogging the entire subreddit - unless your goal is to kill this subreddit. We (the mod team) exist expressly to prevent that.

Antiwork and You:
Antiwork Community, you are absolutely completely correct in your outrage against certain mods standing up for us despite lacking awareness or care for what this subreddit has become regarding the broader left movement for Workers' Rights. Your rage is justified - there are no excuses for the grossly negligent and tone-deaf behavior exhibited by our former mods. We're continuing to address these issues and the resulting fallout and your comments, feedback, and advice are encouraged as we clean house.

Please be patient as we are not only dealing with a gigantic, ongoing brigade but we are ALSO restructuring our team (no we are not taking more new mods YET) - AND dealing with the damage and fallout from inexperienced mods that added more fuel to our trash-fire.

Moving forward, we will be extra stringent on firestarters. All users with no history in antiwork or related leftist subs that appear coming here expressly to incite further problems will be banned.

Updates regarding our mod situation...
Moderators are here for nothing more than to facilitate civil discussion regarding the tyranny of work. Nothing more. Nothing less. Yes, a few moderators had their own motives and interests, they do not speak for all of us - issues regarding this are being addressed, details below.

Kimezukae has stepped down. Well-intentioned as their efforts were, their final sticky was not sanctioned by the majority of active mods and we do not believe in any ONE of us standing up for ALL of us. We are a community and we're going to be extra careful moving forward in ensuring we enforce group-based decision-making processes, as to avoid another situation like this one.

Fuzzy has stepped down. They were one of our Discord Mods that someone brought on to assist with the flood of mod-queue requests. This was another decision that was not made with majority mod approval.

We removed AbolishWork and links leading to them. Please point out any more connections you see and we will clean house accordingly! Of the team remaining, we did not explicitly condone the Fox News Interview.
We have two new temporary mods with loads of prior experience to assist with the firestarting / brigading.

With that all being said, we hope that those of you genuinely interested in improving our collective material conditions to a state beyond serfdom will continue that discussion.

We're all reaching for a world free of the horror of 'work as we know it' - let's continue that, and not tear ourselves apart because of a few misinformed actors.

As for a little about me ive been on reddit for 9 years im the top mod for /r/rape a subreddit for rape victims seeking support and a mod for /r/contrapoints I specialize in disrupting far right infiltration of social media spaces and removing bad actors.

Having said all of that I understand many of you have complaints. Im utterly new here and would love to hear them so i can take them to the rest of the mods for you and see what I can get changed.

Edit: Apologies to the subreddit mod we discussed here and then removed the segment here about.

Edit 2: Winter is no longer a mod here.
CumbersumZero 953 points an hour ago
I'm willing to give it a shot I guess. I'd like to know who u/Whitepirate15 is and why they're suddenly listed as top mod with 0 commenting or posting history, yet possessing karma showing they have clearly done both?

And why is AbolishWork's former roommate, u/WinterTrabex still a mod?

Why does this whole thing still stink to the high heavens?
StormTheParade 199 points 59 minutes ago
What do you mean? /u/Whitepirate15 has a post history, it's just all been deleted.
CumbersumZero 352 points 48 minutes ago22
Or maybe they are a very active member of a sub like /r/incest which is probably a lot more probable the way this whole ordeal has gone down

You were so close. Holy fuck. https://imgur.com/a/If1fBuW
:stahp

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12401 on: January 27, 2022, 09:59:22 PM »
Or maybe they are a very active member of a sub like /r/incest which is probably a lot more probable the way this whole ordeal has gone down

First rule of reddit: Everyone's a perv

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12402 on: January 27, 2022, 10:04:32 PM »
As for a little about me ive been on reddit for 9 years im the top mod for /r/rape a subreddit for rape victims seeking support and a mod for /r/contrapoints I specialize in disrupting far right infiltration of social media spaces and removing bad actors.

Imagine doing so much unpaid modding on internet forums you are straight-faced able to claim you  "specialize in disrupting far right infiltration of social media spaces and removing bad actors" and modding a forum call Anitwork...

:neogaf
Spud

Mediocre Lager

« Reply #12403 on: January 27, 2022, 10:19:32 PM »
This is peak internet drama

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12404 on: January 27, 2022, 10:27:34 PM »
If you're doing either I will toss you out of the thread, just like I did the last two.
:badass

benjipwns

« Reply #12405 on: January 27, 2022, 10:28:21 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12406 on: January 27, 2022, 10:31:03 PM »
My folks did the smh when they saw Primer Impacto talk about the term Latinx

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12407 on: January 27, 2022, 10:31:28 PM »
Since this place is populated mostly by white liberals, does that mean we should start using the term, "People of Borex"?
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12408 on: January 27, 2022, 10:48:13 PM »
so the full tally:

- AbolishWork gives an embarrassing interview, throws pity party, goes on banning spree, ousted

- Kimezukae has given lots of yet-to-be-published interviews, as a 21 year old anarchist who has never worked, ousted

- Fuzzy-x-3 is a 16 hour old reddit account suddenly made mod, supposedly someone from a secret Discord but clearly Abolish trying to sneak back in, ousted

- WinterTrabex is AbolishWork's roommate, ousted

- Whitepirate15:

:busta :oreilly

...how does this even happen

how many times will they do this until they finally manage to sneak the old guard back in without getting caught
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #12409 on: January 27, 2022, 10:50:27 PM »
Hello Chaos. I'm a new mod who elected to write this post with what is left of our mod team reviewing and approving it. Hopefully you all find this sticky /megathread in good taste. This thread is to address the many concerns raised in wake of the Fox Interview.

This Megathread will be updated frequently as our situation develops. We do not need fifteen thousand separate threads clogging the entire subreddit - unless your goal is to kill this subreddit. We (the mod team) exist expressly to prevent that.

Antiwork and You:
Antiwork Community, you are absolutely completely correct in your outrage against certain mods standing up for us despite lacking awareness or care for what this subreddit has become regarding the broader left movement for Workers' Rights. Your rage is justified - there are no excuses for the grossly negligent and tone-deaf behavior exhibited by our former mods. We're continuing to address these issues and the resulting fallout and your comments, feedback, and advice are encouraged as we clean house.

Please be patient as we are not only dealing with a gigantic, ongoing brigade but we are ALSO restructuring our team (no we are not taking more new mods YET) - AND dealing with the damage and fallout from inexperienced mods that added more fuel to our trash-fire.

Moving forward, we will be extra stringent on firestarters. All users with no history in antiwork or related leftist subs that appear coming here expressly to incite further problems will be banned.

Updates regarding our mod situation...
Moderators are here for nothing more than to facilitate civil discussion regarding the tyranny of work. Nothing more. Nothing less. Yes, a few moderators had their own motives and interests, they do not speak for all of us - issues regarding this are being addressed, details below.

Kimezukae has stepped down. Well-intentioned as their efforts were, their final sticky was not sanctioned by the majority of active mods and we do not believe in any ONE of us standing up for ALL of us. We are a community and we're going to be extra careful moving forward in ensuring we enforce group-based decision-making processes, as to avoid another situation like this one.

Fuzzy has stepped down. They were one of our Discord Mods that someone brought on to assist with the flood of mod-queue requests. This was another decision that was not made with majority mod approval.

We removed AbolishWork and links leading to them. Please point out any more connections you see and we will clean house accordingly! Of the team remaining, we did not explicitly condone the Fox News Interview.
We have two new temporary mods with loads of prior experience to assist with the firestarting / brigading.

With that all being said, we hope that those of you genuinely interested in improving our collective material conditions to a state beyond serfdom will continue that discussion.

We're all reaching for a world free of the horror of 'work as we know it' - let's continue that, and not tear ourselves apart because of a few misinformed actors.

Having said all of that I understand many of you have complaints. Im utterly new here and would love to hear them so i can take them to the rest of the mods for you and see what I can get changed.

Edit: Apologies to the subreddit mod we discussed here and then removed the segment here about.

Edit 2: Winter is no longer a mod here.
CumbersumZero 953 points an hour ago
I'm willing to give it a shot I guess. I'd like to know who u/Whitepirate15 is and why they're suddenly listed as top mod with 0 commenting or posting history, yet possessing karma showing they have clearly done both?

And why is AbolishWork's former roommate, u/WinterTrabex still a mod?

Why does this whole thing still stink to the high heavens?
StormTheParade 199 points 59 minutes ago
What do you mean? /u/Whitepirate15 has a post history, it's just all been deleted.

How does it keep getting worse!?  Gay incest  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #12410 on: January 27, 2022, 10:50:35 PM »
This all could have been avoided if we had never invented work in the first place.

BIONIC

« Reply #12411 on: January 27, 2022, 10:55:35 PM »

...how does this even happen

how many times will they do this until they finally manage to sneak the old guard back in without getting caught

They learned from those ree users who joined years after the site was formed and only have a couple of thousand posts and nobody knows from anywhere but were somehow deemed fit enough to be mods  :kermit
Margs

ShutUp

« Reply #12412 on: January 27, 2022, 11:35:50 PM »
Trying to rape a dog?  :crazy :oreilly

Fucking Internet. Not an image I needed in my head.

Jansen

« Reply #12413 on: January 27, 2022, 11:39:14 PM »
Hecht is finally telling them to STFU and stop being outrage addicts.

Alrighty, back home from work, let's check on the thread and see how it's...

Oh.

I see some of you are trying to get a PB in the Genuine Feedback to Saying the Mods are Nazis Any% speedrun.

So let's just get that out of the way first. If you actually believe this, then I would hope you'd rather go somewhere else because you wouldn't want to support that, so just tell me now and we can send you on your way. I want to help.

If you're just joking about it, then haha, that's incredibly funny and a totally normal response to something like a policy change on a message board. I hope we're still laughing, you and I, together, when you come back in a week or a month or whatever. Great joke on Holocaust Rememberance Day, especially.

Let's get on to some actual questions/comments. I'll apologize for the tone in advance, but tbh after the above, I'm kinda running short of rainbows and bunnies.

To be clear, any mention of "you" going forward is just a general "you," not anyone in particular, nor am I referring to everyone in this thread.

Why'd the Nazi Ape thread get locked?

So first off, the policy states pretty clearly that there is going to be level of subjectivity involved. When we saw the thread about the founders of BAYC being Nazis, we went back and forth on whether to lock it or not, given the new rule, but ultimately decided on a lock, because what's the actual news there?

That some people, who created a speculative asset with no actual function and solely exists to grift people out of their money if they got in at the bottom on the pyramid like some sort of Libertarian wet dream, turned out to be Nazis? The same ones who, chose apes as the primary image and have iterations with "hip-hop" accessories (that blog post's words, not mine), turned out to be racists?

Are we really surprised? What's to discuss there?

That brings me to:

No. We're not "only" allowing "good" news. We are allowing NEWS. Something that is relatively substantial, whether gaming or not, or, well...go read the first two points of the policy post. I don't need to repeat it here.

Let me give a quick refresher on how a message board works. When the OP hits "Post," the thread doesn't end. You can type in the little box at the bottom of the thread and reply, either disagreeing or agreeing, or sharing your own experience, or making a joke, or whatever. The thread continues, as does the conversation, which may change direction as it goes on.

Do you think that the OP of the "French Surgeon Attempts To Sell Bataclan Victim X-ray As NFT" thread was promoting NFTs? The posts that followed were basically all some variation on the very reasonable response of "what the fuck?" I would argue that wasn't promotion, it was a piece of news, and then the thread posts their thoughts on said article.

If you think the act of simply posting a news article is by default promotion, then you're gonna have a rough time here. Can't believe we promoted Trump for those few years, and I'm really disappointed about the promotion of various atrocities happening around the world that we have threads on.

In short, come the fuck on.

I want to post a thread about NFTs because NFTs suck!

Yeah, I get it. I think they're stupid too. But that's the thing. We and you both know this. Every single NFT thread goes exactly the same way, and you'd get a ton of them funneling onto the forum every day.

Here, I did a quick sampling of the most recent EtcetEra threads with the word "NFT" in the title (and were things like articles posted, not just a random thread with a poll or something), and counted the posts on the first page (50ppp) that posted some variation of "fuck NFTs," "it's a scam/grift/nonsense," or agreed with a previous post that said that - stuff like that. Here's what I found:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/unique-beatles-and-john-lennon-items-up-for-nft-auction.544079/ (13/50 posts)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fr...-to-sell-bataclan-victim-x-ray-as-nft.543212/ (14/24)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tw...profile-photos-for-twitter-blue-users.542063/ (6/50, though to be fair most of the other posts were instead some form of "now I know who to block," or "I can right-click that and use it for free," which...are pretty close to what I was looking for)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/in...ion-by-selling-nft-selfies-on-opensea.540515/ (25/50)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/got-milk-now-you-can-also-have-a-team-milk-nft.539345/ (20/39)

Excluding the Twitter thread (since I didn't bother counting those other posts), that's 99/163 posts that are just the same thing.

For the most part, there's nothing to talk about, which is why we limited the types of threads to specific categories - news items that would make sense to discuss, because it may or does have an effect on gaming (or outside gaming) in some way. I imagine that they will likely go the same way, but at the very least we're not flooding the site with threads about the same thing over and over.

If all you want to do is scream into the void, you're in luck. There's a place for that (Twitter).

This as close as he's gotten to telling the inmates to pound sand and go to Twitter if they want to be outraged about NFTs 24/7 :lol

BIONIC

« Reply #12414 on: January 28, 2022, 12:48:22 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/another-suicide-squad-2021-spin-off-in-the-works-at-hbo-max-with-james-gunn-attached.545057/#post-81037898

Quote from: Choppasmith, post: 81037898, member: 1804
So happy for Gunn. To think he gets to do both Marvel and DC now and finding great success because some Nazi chuds tried to cancel him over some ancient tweets.

:spiders
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12415 on: January 28, 2022, 03:55:37 AM »
Nazi incest unemployed ape nft's :money
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #12416 on: January 28, 2022, 05:02:07 AM »
The best part, for me, is "Edit: Spelling". That means they reread what they wrote and decided the only thing wrong was a typo.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12417 on: January 28, 2022, 06:10:37 AM »
The best part, for me, is "Edit: Spelling". That means they reread what they wrote and decided the only thing wrong was a typo.
Their mom pointed it out :heh

🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #12418 on: January 28, 2022, 06:53:06 AM »
cosplaying the porcelin white vidya yennifer not the witch of colour from the series :social2
(ice)

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12419 on: January 28, 2022, 07:13:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-confirms-his-supreme-court-nominee-will-be-the-first-black-woman-nominated-to-the-sc.545030/#post-81033734
MAGA chuds losing their shit because “what if someone else is more qualified” has been hilarious to see
They keep using that word.  I don't think they know what they think it means.