Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1821043 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #20700 on: May 24, 2022, 09:29:57 PM »
They think anybody can just leave their job and entire life, pack up everything they have and simply emigrate to a foreign country. Just to avoid a random event that they will never face.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #20701 on: May 24, 2022, 09:54:51 PM »
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #20702 on: May 24, 2022, 09:55:47 PM »

« Reply #20703 on: May 24, 2022, 09:56:28 PM »
And it is always to majority white countries for some reason. Why not drive south to Mexico? Probably easier to get in than Canada

benjipwns

« Reply #20704 on: May 24, 2022, 10:12:01 PM »
And it is always to majority white countries for some reason. Why not drive south to Mexico? Probably easier to get in than Canada
Are you suggesting there might be something suspect about people who suggest you should move to a country that's only 4% Black for "your safety"? And has no province over 30% minority?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #20705 on: May 24, 2022, 10:52:43 PM »
I got like ten minutes into the Gervais special, and it's hilarious.

Had to stop because of reasons.

Reading the intro and watching it, explains so much about era hating it. Lol

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #20706 on: May 24, 2022, 11:00:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/active-shooter-at-robb-elementary-school-in-uvalde-texas-update-19-students-2-teachers-and-shooter-dead-see-threadmarks.586970/page-34#post-87118232
But arming a teacher would have helped?
This is insane. I don’t know how people with children even let their kids leave the house
So they could oh I don't know get a education?

benjipwns

« Reply #20707 on: May 24, 2022, 11:09:04 PM »
Honestly, I don't even know why parents don't smother their children in their sleep and get it over with. What if something happens to them when they're awake?!?

Boredfrom

« Reply #20708 on: May 24, 2022, 11:24:39 PM »
The woke squad trying to ruin stuff yet again:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/multiversus-official-cinematic-trailer-youre-with-me-open-beta-july-2022.584027/page-34#post-87070217

Quote from: MondoMega
My interest in the final roster is suddenly draining for some reason; how weird.

:JoanneTwitterSperging

Quote from: Neoxon
I got you

>NeoxonSpergingAtTwitter

Quote from: Nakenorm
Of course someone's already commented on it.. urgh.

. And someone already debunked their response.

Yea, that was me lol. 

. Thanks for the back-up. 

Such corny slacktivism.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20709 on: May 24, 2022, 11:39:44 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/multiversus-official-cinematic-trailer-youre-with-me-open-beta-july-2022.584027/page-34#post-87070217

My interest in the final roster is suddenly draining for some reason; how weird.

I got you

>NeoxonSpergingAtTwitter

Yea, that was me lol. 

Such corny slacktivism.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Gladion97/status/1529054249274982406

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #20710 on: May 24, 2022, 11:49:02 PM »
Psh whatever man, I've been maining Snape since Super Turbo, like old school Snape main when he still had his crazy kicks

ShutUp

« Reply #20711 on: May 25, 2022, 12:02:19 AM »
“Fuck Jim Ryan!!”

*literally nothing else about posting Sony related stuff changes on the site and it’s business as usual*

But that goddamn Joanne and her tweets that have killed exactly zero people have ushered in trans genocide so she is literally Hitler 2.0.

These performative losers

benjipwns

« Reply #20712 on: May 25, 2022, 12:03:15 AM »

Such corny slacktivism.
replying to a Twitter comment 20 days later and then talking about it publicly like that :lol

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20713 on: May 25, 2022, 12:51:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/active-shooter-at-robb-elementary-school-in-uvalde-texas-update-19-students-2-teachers-and-shooter-dead-see-threadmarks.586970/page-36#post-87120677
I'm sick and tired of these second amendment nutjobs on Twitter coming back with their usual "we need to arm everyone" rhetoric. Only to these dickheads is the problem of guns more guns. No one else thinks this way
NepNep and others have used need to arm people rhetoric.

benjipwns

« Reply #20714 on: May 25, 2022, 01:06:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/active-shooter-at-robb-elementary-school-in-uvalde-texas-update-19-students-2-teachers-and-shooter-dead-see-threadmarks.586970/page-36#post-87120677
I'm sick and tired of these second amendment nutjobs on Twitter coming back with their usual "we need to arm everyone" rhetoric. Only to these dickheads is the problem of guns more guns. No one else thinks this way
No, no, they don't want everyone armed. They only want themselves to be armed. The white supremacists who need to be shot should definitely not be armed.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20715 on: May 25, 2022, 02:30:28 AM »
No, no, they don't want everyone armed. They only want themselves to be armed. The whites supremacists who need to be shot should definitely not be armed.
FTFY
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #20716 on: May 25, 2022, 03:46:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lucasfilm-warned-incoming-star-wars-villain-moses-ingram-about-racist-fans.586652/page-3#post-87081065

Quote from: Weltall Zero
Quote from: Fj0823
Poor Xochitl Gómez is taking shit like that and she's just a girl.
She makes such a perfect America Chavez, it's going to be fucking awesome to watch her grow (both in power, and literally).

:jared
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20717 on: May 25, 2022, 04:01:59 AM »
"and literally"
 :holeup

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20718 on: May 25, 2022, 04:44:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps-subs-bought-on-sale-will-be-charged-higher-upgrade-fees-to-make-up-for-discounts-stacked-subs-must-pay-the-upgrade-fee-for-the-entire-duration.586826/page-24#post-87123236
I wonder how many "L"s a company can take before paying the price. Their glorious first party output won't carry them forever.
Yes, it will.  ResetEra will remind loyal despite getting fucked over.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps-subs-bought-on-sale-will-be-charged-higher-upgrade-fees-to-make-up-for-discounts-stacked-subs-must-pay-the-upgrade-fee-for-the-entire-duration.586826/page-24#post-87123392
This is the dumbest f*cking thing I've seen.

It's the Jim Ryan-era though, so nothing surprises me with that f*cker.

Why the hell is he still in his position after that horrible email he sent out?!

Snoopycat_

« Reply #20719 on: May 25, 2022, 04:44:31 AM »
In today's episode of sure Jan. A ree asks if he should fire his imaginary racist employees -

I recently was notified that while an all-hands meeting was being conducted, two employees engaged in some “if you can’t speak English you shouldn’t work here” rhetoric. I assume that this was due to a translation requirement for our Spanish speaking population at the facility. This was overheard by others and reported/backed up by witness testimony. HR swiftly conducted an investigation and have recommended firing the two employees for discrimination(assuming language)/zero tolerance.

While I absolutely cannot condone this behavior/conversation, I am curious your thoughts on if termination is warranted or a bit extreme. It may be worth noting that these specific employees hold positions that would require the ability to speak English as a job requirement, however, there are many other jobs within the facility that do not require the ability to speak English.

Thoughts on this or perhaps experience with a similar scenario?

es, I have not heard specifically what was said, and I’m not sure I will. In the original post I was paraphrasing based on what I heard. However, even if remotely close, it’s negligent and I do agree with many of the posters here, veiled racism.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. As mentioned in another post, I was paraphrasing based on what I was told and do not know the exact verbiage. However, I don’t see how it could necessarily be less abrasive even if worded differently, so I’m inclined to believe it is as bad as it seems. These individuals will be let go tomorrow, I’m sure we’ll hear denial or some sort of justification.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/question-about-language-discrimination-and-an-incident-at-work.587156/

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20720 on: May 25, 2022, 04:54:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps-subs-bought-on-sale-will-be-charged-higher-upgrade-fees-to-make-up-for-discounts-stacked-subs-must-pay-the-upgrade-fee-for-the-entire-duration.586826/page-25#post-87125327
I don't subscribe to the "Jim Ryan era of awfulness" quite as much as others do just yet. PS5 seems like a really solid launch, and it's the best year one of PlayStation that I remember, between BC and the quality of the first year or so launch titles. The hardware is amazing, the dualsense controller is a fantastic. I'm loving it.

But is this largely just momentum from the previous generation team mixed with a bit of Cerny genius? I don't know. However this is strike three or four now for Jim Ryan. Lets see, what can i think of?
"We believe in console generations" and a bunch of PS5 exclusives developed for next gen, that turned out to have PS4 versions. Not the worst thing in the world, but kinda inconsistent marketing that seeds a slight lack of trust.
Game price increases, combined with promoting free upgrades to PS5 versions when the PS5 version was $10 more. I didn't mind the price increase too much. NES carts weren't much less almost 40 years ago. Hell, Activision and others were already on the way to charging that anyway, this was just Sony's first party going hand in hand. But the whole saga of Ryan saying there would be free upgrades, when there is clearly a $10 price difference between PS4 and PS5 titles was sloppy as fuck. A dumb mistake that make people unnecessarily confused and annoyed, for something that's already a bitter pill to swallow.
"lets not talk about abortion, email" - Sony had the same policy as just about every other company (except bungie and a few others), but Sony stands out because of that stupid email. Better to say nothing.
Now this upgrade tier pricing bullshit which is stupid and weird. Give people their damn discounts and stop being such petty little number bods. I think this will be reverted and resolved, but it's doing PR damage already. This service is already going to get compared with gamepass, and it's going to be tough to compete. MS are leveraging their 2 Trillion market cap by leaving gamepass loopholes that they can write off and boost their numbers with. Sony have to weather a short term storm against difficult competition here to come off well at all, and this is a terrible way to start it.
Finally, this will be controversial, in fact, fuck it, i'm going to delete it because I don't want anyone to interpret it as platform waring.
:era

Snoopycat_

« Reply #20721 on: May 25, 2022, 05:03:14 AM »
Fuck Sony. Never buying anything from them again. Ooh shiny thing, Sonyz the best. Fuck Sony. Never buying anything from them again. Ooh shiny thing, Sonyz the best. Fuck Sony. Never buying anything from them again. Ooh shiny thing, Sonyz the best.

NekoFever

« Reply #20722 on: May 25, 2022, 05:11:01 AM »
GLORIOUS FIRST PARTY OUTPUT

:gddr5 :preach :popular

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20723 on: May 25, 2022, 05:43:41 AM »
In today's episode of sure Jan. A ree asks if he should fire his imaginary racist employees -

I recently was notified that while an all-hands meeting was being conducted, two employees engaged in some “if you can’t speak English you shouldn’t work here” rhetoric. I assume that this was due to a translation requirement for our Spanish speaking population at the facility. This was overheard by others and reported/backed up by witness testimony. HR swiftly conducted an investigation and have recommended firing the two employees for discrimination(assuming language)/zero tolerance.

While I absolutely cannot condone this behavior/conversation, I am curious your thoughts on if termination is warranted or a bit extreme. It may be worth noting that these specific employees hold positions that would require the ability to speak English as a job requirement, however, there are many other jobs within the facility that do not require the ability to speak English.

es, I have not heard specifically what was said, and I’m not sure I will. In the original post I was paraphrasing based on what I heard. However, even if remotely close, it’s negligent and I do agree with many of the posters here, veiled racism.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. As mentioned in another post, I was paraphrasing based on what I was told and do not know the exact verbiage. However, I don’t see how it could necessarily be less abrasive even if worded differently, so I’m inclined to believe it is as bad as it seems. These individuals will be let go tomorrow, I’m sure we’ll hear denial or some sort of justification.

(Image removed from quote.)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/question-about-language-discrimination-and-an-incident-at-work.587156/

Waiting for the inevitable follow up where the OP asks the razorsharp legal brains from Resetera about how to deal with a wrongful dismissal lawsuit.
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #20724 on: May 25, 2022, 06:07:34 AM »
Luckily he has an army of the best lawyers

benjipwns

« Reply #20725 on: May 25, 2022, 06:13:49 AM »
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Concerns of Transphobia over a Series of Posts; Prior Ban for the Same

why does comedians being friends surprise people on here?

there's a high chance any comic you listen to holds Dave in high regard.

these people tell jokes for a living, they aren't your heroes.
Quote from: plagiarize, Moderator
So, are you saying Trans people aren't rightly upset to go to a show that doesn't have noted transphobe advertised to appear, when noted transphobe takes the stage and does transphobia on stage?

Its one thing to acknowledge that comedians privately share similar opinions, or overlook them and remain friends with people that hold them, but the upset here is less 'Can you believe Mulaney is friends with Dave Chapelle' and more 'Why the hell did they spring Chapelle and his transphobia on an unsuspecting audience?'
Quote from: Spinluck
Comedians this big might as well be sorority.

Many of them have each other's back.

See the Patton Oswalt and Dave Chappelle thread here previously. And from the sounds of it the crowd was mostly receptive side from those conscious of the transphobia.
At least three staff members signed off on this after discussion.

I can't find the prior ban.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 06:40:45 AM by benjipwns »

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #20726 on: May 25, 2022, 06:38:10 AM »

I’m hoping for an amazing twist that the fired employees were black.
Oi Oi

Kurt Russell

« Reply #20727 on: May 25, 2022, 09:27:55 AM »
So it's become clear that anybody with stacked PSPlus / Now memberships actually has to pay Sony an upgrade fee to top tier for the full length of the longest stacked subscription.

Amazing scenes over at ERA as the remaining members who actually play videogames run a full gamut of emotions as they realise that stacking PSN subscriptions to the mid 2030s maybe wasn't such a good idea.

denial

anger

bargaining

depression

acceptance

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps-subs-bought-on-sale-will-be-charged-higher-upgrade-fees-to-make-up-for-discounts-stacked-subs-must-pay-the-upgrade-fee-for-the-entire-duration.586826/
woke

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #20728 on: May 25, 2022, 09:36:18 AM »
Why would you pay for 12 years of a service (or even Sony itself) that very possibly may not exist by the time your sub expires :heh

I can understand getting a couple of years if the deal is that hot, but anything more is foolish.
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #20729 on: May 25, 2022, 09:56:27 AM »
Why would you pay for 12 years of a service (or even Sony itself) that very possibly may not exist by the time your sub expires :heh

I can understand getting a couple of years if the deal is that hot, but anything more is foolish.

Yeah, that's uh....uh.

Unless it was like $20 bucks for ten years.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #20730 on: May 25, 2022, 10:25:22 AM »

I don't understand it either. Sony also has PS+ subs on sale about every 6 months. Really no need to stack like a decade worth of it

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20731 on: May 25, 2022, 10:36:29 AM »

Cuz they tried to beat the exploit :lol

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20732 on: May 25, 2022, 10:40:03 AM »
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Concerns of Transphobia over a Series of Posts; Prior Ban for the Same

why does comedians being friends surprise people on here?

there's a high chance any comic you listen to holds Dave in high regard.

these people tell jokes for a living, they aren't your heroes.
Quote from: plagiarize, Moderator
So, are you saying Trans people aren't rightly upset to go to a show that doesn't have noted transphobe advertised to appear, when noted transphobe takes the stage and does transphobia on stage?

Its one thing to acknowledge that comedians privately share similar opinions, or overlook them and remain friends with people that hold them, but the upset here is less 'Can you believe Mulaney is friends with Dave Chapelle' and more 'Why the hell did they spring Chapelle and his transphobia on an unsuspecting audience?'
Quote from: Spinluck
Comedians this big might as well be sorority.

Many of them have each other's back.

See the Patton Oswalt and Dave Chappelle thread here previously. And from the sounds of it the crowd was mostly receptive side from those conscious of the transphobia.
At least three staff members signed off on this after discussion.

I can't find the prior ban.
Banbot has a couple of bans but nothing about transphobia.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20733 on: May 25, 2022, 11:16:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/active-shooter-at-robb-elementary-school-in-uvalde-texas-update-19-students-2-teachers-and-shooter-dead-see-threadmarks.586970/page-44#post-87136544
Police are fucking bullies only good at shooting people who already surrendered. Honestly they are more likely to shoot students than a guy with a gun. Defund these useless fuckers.
Useless fuckers, no one at ResetEra have the balls to leave their parents basement.  Bullies yet they constantly do it when it doesn't fit their narratives.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20734 on: May 25, 2022, 11:19:43 AM »
©@©™

Snoopycat_

« Reply #20735 on: May 25, 2022, 11:37:43 AM »
That Gervais special is hacky as fuck. I couldn’t believe he did the 10 years off your life  thing. That routine’s been going for decades. I think Pryor did it. I know Hicks and Leary did it. I wonder if the people cheering it actually listened to his set. Or just heard cancel culture/trans and went woo hoo, he’s owning the libs

« Reply #20736 on: May 25, 2022, 11:37:48 AM »

I got you

>NeoxonSpergingAtTwitter

Yea, that was me lol. 

Such corny slacktivism.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Gladion97/status/1529054249274982406

Love that they all picked this game to boycott, it'll finally be the most rock solid proof the existence of game journos and resetera is meaningless when this makes billions of dollars

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #20737 on: May 25, 2022, 11:45:58 AM »
That Gervais special is hacky as fuck. I couldn’t believe he did the 10 years off your life  thing. That routine’s been going for decades. I think Pryor did it. I know Hicks and Leary did it. I wonder if the people cheering it actually listened to his set. Or just heard cancel culture/trans and went woo hoo, he’s owning the libs

I like a lot of the shows he's written, but his stand-up these days basically has turned into him talking for an hour about his Twitter interactions.  I watched the special last night and laughed a few times, but the "transphobic" shit people are up in arms about was harmless and, quite literally, him saying exactly what the "trans activists" attacking him say on a daily basis.  He even took the time to explain the concept of the jokes before and after he delivered them.  People are just pissed off that he talked about trans people at all.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #20738 on: May 25, 2022, 11:48:52 AM »
"Ricky Gervais gives his take on the rules of comedy, spoiling his cats and how super actual nature is in his second Netflix stand-up special"

Can someone who has watched this tell me what Ricky Gervais thinks the "rules of comedy" are?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20739 on: May 25, 2022, 11:50:05 AM »
"Ricky Gervais gives his take on the rules of comedy, spoiling his cats and how super actual nature is in his second Netflix stand-up special"

Can someone who has watched this tell me what Ricky Gervais thinks the "rules of comedy" are?

Always punch up.
©@©™

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #20740 on: May 25, 2022, 11:53:10 AM »

I honestly don't remember much as it was a pretty small part of the set (as was his take on the supernatural, despite it being the fucking title), but basically he said comedy having "rules" is stupid, as that goes against the entire point of it.  He was basically just saying people trying to police comedians by telling them what is and isn't off-limits are idiots.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #20741 on: May 25, 2022, 12:01:02 PM »
So it's become clear that anybody with stacked PSPlus / Now memberships actually has to pay Sony an upgrade fee to top tier for the full length of the longest stacked subscription.

Amazing scenes over at ERA as the remaining members who actually play videogames run a full gamut of emotions as they realise that stacking PSN subscriptions to the mid 2030s maybe wasn't such a good idea.

denial

anger

bargaining

depression

acceptance

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps-subs-bought-on-sale-will-be-charged-higher-upgrade-fees-to-make-up-for-discounts-stacked-subs-must-pay-the-upgrade-fee-for-the-entire-duration.586826/

This is amazing in comparing the stages with the poster’s avatar.

:delicious

Snoopycat_

« Reply #20742 on: May 25, 2022, 12:15:58 PM »

I like a lot of the shows he's written, but his stand-up these days basically has turned into him talking for an hour about his Twitter interactions.  I watched the special last night and laughed a few times, but the "transphobic" shit people are up in arms about was harmless and, quite literally, him saying exactly what the "trans activists" attacking him say on a daily basis.  He even took the time to explain the concept of the jokes before and after he delivered them.  People are just pissed off that he talked about trans people at all.

I liked his radio show. I think he needs people to bounce off. There’s an old Jim and Sam episode on YouTube where he meets Rich Vos for the first time and it’s funny as fuck.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20743 on: May 25, 2022, 12:44:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps-subs-bought-on-sale-will-be-charged-higher-upgrade-fees-to-make-up-for-discounts-stacked-subs-must-pay-the-upgrade-fee-for-the-entire-duration.586826/page-27#post-87140039
I'm actually selling my PS5 digital and I'm switching to a PS5 with a disc drive so I can only buy used games on Playstation from now on. Sony isn't getting another cent from me in regards to subscriptions or software sales.

Petty and probably pretty impactless? Sure. But that's all I can really do to voice my disapproval as a consumer.
Yeah, that'll teach Jim Ryan and Sony a lesson :nothot

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #20744 on: May 25, 2022, 12:50:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps-subs-bought-on-sale-will-be-charged-higher-upgrade-fees-to-make-up-for-discounts-stacked-subs-must-pay-the-upgrade-fee-for-the-entire-duration.586826/page-27

I'm actually selling my PS5 digital and I'm switching to a PS5 with a disc drive so I can only buy used games on Playstation from now on. Sony isn't getting another cent from me in regards to subscriptions or software sales.

Petty and probably pretty impactless? Sure. But that's all I can really do to voice my disapproval as a consumer.

yeah probably
 :girlaff

edit:beaten like Messsofanego's bride
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #20745 on: May 25, 2022, 12:54:58 PM »

They were agreeing to love and to cherish until death does them part. And now Sony is being unfaithful in the marriage.

« Reply #20746 on: May 25, 2022, 01:02:40 PM »
They think anybody can just leave their job and entire life, pack up everything they have and simply emigrate to a foreign country. Just to avoid a random event that they will never face.

Not a one of these people will acknowledge the heaven they want to move to might have immigration laws and that said laws might be enforced.

I don't know of a country on Earth that doesn't enforce its borders except, I guess, for the United States' porous southern border.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20747 on: May 25, 2022, 01:20:07 PM »

:confused

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20748 on: May 25, 2022, 01:26:44 PM »

that jokes aren't inherently funny / not funny, they're funny to people for whatever reason, like things arent inherently offensive, they're offensive to people for whatever reason was the gist.

also that words aren't actually literal violence, so making a joke about punching a disabled child had the audience laughing in a way that actually punching a disabled child would not.

also he'd rather watch louis ck masturbate than a 'woke' comic, and touched on kevin hart getting oscar #cancelled for some 10 year old jokes he'd already apologised for and deleted from his twitter, with the gist that if apologies hold no weight there's no point making them.

benjipwns

« Reply #20749 on: May 25, 2022, 01:31:19 PM »
Someone should workshop a ResetERA.com job dilemma thread where an executive has said something transphobic and seemed unwilling to not publicly support abortion enough while subtly hinting that the company is engaged in slave labor and other criminal practices.

The punchline will be when you say you talked to HR and found out they aren't getting paid at all and being made to work ungodly hours but nobody appreciates their sacrifice.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20750 on: May 25, 2022, 01:44:22 PM »
its pretty fucking racist to say only english speakers should do a job with speaking english as a prerequisite breh

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #20751 on: May 25, 2022, 01:45:35 PM »
Edit: Almost forgot the obligatory fuck Netflix.

:lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20752 on: May 25, 2022, 01:58:24 PM »
Genuinely the funniest part about era monging out about ricky gervais is them trying to retcon anything they once found funny as all being down to steve merchant and / or karl pilkington, when if you've listened to their stuff are pretty fucking clearly not going to agree with era on most of their shit. "KARL, PLAY A RECORD" is almost a catchphrase where Ricky is the one stepping in to stop things becoming overtly and unironically homophobic / racist.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 02:05:41 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #20753 on: May 25, 2022, 02:08:13 PM »
It's not sexual assault, but let's be honest, the joke is pretty distasteful and if the roles were reversed, it would be something straight out of an early 2000's sexist sex comedy.
It's almost like a man being disrobed has not the same connotation as a woman being disrobed.
I never get the "if the roles were reversed" comments. It's not a math equation.

Whenever they make this argument I feel like they don't really make an argument as to why it would be drastically different. Like the core problem of sexism is after all that people get treated differently based on their sex, so why is that now a valid explanation?

Mind you, I don't mind the joke at all, it's just weird that the people who laugh at it would be up in arms if it happened to Natalie Portman's character.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #20754 on: May 25, 2022, 02:09:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1510688603587809283

Class action lawsuit against Wario64 when?
woke

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20755 on: May 25, 2022, 02:13:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/active-shooter-at-robb-elementary-school-in-uvalde-texas-update-19-students-2-teachers-and-shooter-dead-see-threadmarks.586970/page-51#post-87148679
Something DRASTIC needs to happen at this point. I’m talking like every single school going on strike, students not attending school, ect.

SOMETHING needs to happen.
Good idea expect students aren't going to attend school during the summer.

benjipwns

« Reply #20756 on: May 25, 2022, 02:24:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/active-shooter-at-robb-elementary-school-in-uvalde-texas-update-19-students-2-teachers-and-shooter-dead-see-threadmarks.586970/page-51#post-87148679
Something DRASTIC needs to happen at this point. I’m talking like every single school going on strike, students not attending school, ect.

SOMETHING needs to happen.
Tens of millions of people should DRASTICALLY do SOMETHING I want to try and make other people do what I want!

Unfortunately I'm too busy trying to cancel 40 years worth of Playstation service subscriptions but I'm with them in spirit.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #20757 on: May 25, 2022, 02:47:21 PM »
It's not sexual assault, but let's be honest, the joke is pretty distasteful and if the roles were reversed, it would be something straight out of an early 2000's sexist sex comedy.
It's almost like a man being disrobed has not the same connotation as a woman being disrobed.
I never get the "if the roles were reversed" comments. It's not a math equation.

Whenever they make this argument I feel like they don't really make an argument as to why it would be drastically different. Like the core problem of sexism is after all that people get treated differently based on their sex, so why is that now a valid explanation?

Mind you, I don't mind the joke at all, it's just weird that the people who laugh at it would be up in arms if it happened to Natalie Portman's character.

Funny how that dipshit says its not a math equation, when they are treating it like one.

Sexualization of female character = Negative
Sexualization of male character = Negative

But when you add the two negatives together, you get a positive! So sexualization of male characters is definitely good!

:science

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20758 on: May 25, 2022, 02:50:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/active-shooter-at-robb-elementary-school-in-uvalde-texas-update-19-students-2-teachers-and-shooter-dead-see-threadmarks.586970/page-53#post-87150365
Maybe anonymous should hack all republicans senators shit and threaten to expose them if they do not vote for gun control.
This user is really something.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20759 on: May 25, 2022, 03:07:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/active-shooter-at-robb-elementary-school-in-uvalde-texas-update-19-students-2-teachers-and-shooter-dead-see-threadmarks.586970/page-53#post-87151199
If America won’t give up guns, maybe it’s time for leftists to arm themselves against the tyranny and oppression of our facistic government. I’m sure the GOP would be okay with that, right? I mean, they wouldn’t want to infringe on our second amendment rights after all.
I AM JUST SO FUCKING ANGRY AT PEOPLE SAYING DON'T MAKE THIS POLITICAL WHEN IT FUCKING IS POLITICAL TO BEGIN WITH!!!!!!! AGGGGGGGGGHGHHGHHGHGH i just want to scream at people.

It's fucking political this even happens in the first place!!!!! That's the fucking point of politics to set up society to be better!