Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785725 times)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #22920 on: June 23, 2022, 01:08:12 PM »
Sucking black joy, why she gotta say it like that unless... :rash

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22921 on: June 23, 2022, 01:26:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/14-month-old-desperately-wants-to-play-video-games-with-me-what-is-a-good-game-where-she-can-wander-around-with-no-threat.599262/page-2#post-88906101
User banned (3 days): inflammatory accusations, a history of inflammatory commentary
No they don’t. You are just looking for excuses to play the game with them in your lap so you don’t worry about them crawling off somewhere.

Shut the games off and play with your kid for real.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #22922 on: June 23, 2022, 01:29:08 PM »
 :hesright

also: to the modbire team, this  emoticon is presuming gender. shame on you.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22923 on: June 23, 2022, 01:30:15 PM »
I also like the term videogame prodigy that just turned up in the lexicon.

thanks era.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22924 on: June 23, 2022, 02:02:48 PM »
What's a good open world game with basically no threat that she can just run around and look at the pretty things?
I guess we finally found the target audience for Sonic Frontiers :trumps
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22925 on: June 23, 2022, 02:36:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/14-month-old-desperately-wants-to-play-video-games-with-me-what-is-a-good-game-where-she-can-wander-around-with-no-threat.599262/page-2#post-88906101
User banned (3 days): inflammatory accusations, a history of inflammatory commentary
No they don’t. You are just looking for excuses to play the game with them in your lap so you don’t worry about them crawling off somewhere.

Shut the games off and play with your kid for real.

I guess we can add developmental psychology over the internet to era moderator superpowers along with being able to determine blood alcohol levels, because banning someone for stating what is fairly well acknowledged cognitive timeline established by Piaget et al would seem kind of cunty if you weren't an expert on that sort of thing just because an online friend of yours is butthurt over a well deserved roast

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22926 on: June 23, 2022, 04:15:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-dress-code-outlaws-dresses-and-skirts-in-texas-school-district.599682/

Meanwhile on the gaming side they scream everytime a woman doesn't wear pants

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22927 on: June 23, 2022, 04:46:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-dress-code-outlaws-dresses-and-skirts-in-texas-school-district.599682/

Meanwhile on the gaming side they scream everytime a woman doesn't wear pants
the american taliban.
Oh, the irony

Polident Hive

« Reply #22928 on: June 23, 2022, 04:57:10 PM »
Tactic of guilting people into supporting latest mega corp media has been losing its efficacy. There’s a Netflix show, Never Have I Ever, about a south Asian teenage girl and the culture clash with her immigrant family. Didn’t see any noise from middle age white guys about how you gotta see it. It’s about to enter its third season. Year or two ago when Shang chi came out, some people were saying it’s a big deal that there’s a martial arts movie with an Asian lead. Ignoring history, just a couple weeks before, that GI Joe Snake Eyes movie nobody saw released with two Asian leads. Nothing.

Anyway, funny or sad how in the early 2000s Bend it Like Beckham launched Keira Knightley’s career but not the lead South Asian actress, whose name I don’t know and won’t look up. Entertaining movie, though. Not as good a time as Go Go Beckham for the GBA.

jorma

« Reply #22929 on: June 23, 2022, 05:23:35 PM »
I looked it up, and one of them got into Pirates of the Caribbean and one got 7 seasons of ER. I'd say they both landed on their feet  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22931 on: June 23, 2022, 05:28:26 PM »
Skittles?!

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22932 on: June 23, 2022, 05:47:17 PM »
Is this supposed to be offensive?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-santa-clause-streaming-sequel-series-now-titled-the-santa-clauses-cast-photo-shown-coming-this-holiday-season-obviously.599706/post-88954203

People can't even handle a dad joke about sexuality anymore . Also a shocking amount of people in the replies who don't even get the joke

Jansen

« Reply #22933 on: June 23, 2022, 05:54:56 PM »
In their defense tim Allen is a massive piece of shit

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22934 on: June 23, 2022, 06:25:13 PM »
Uncle

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #22935 on: June 23, 2022, 06:39:16 PM »
In their defense tim Allen is a massive piece of shit

This is true, but the skillet joke IS pretty funny.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22936 on: June 23, 2022, 07:21:18 PM »
Fuck Ezra Miller, fuck Warner Bros. Discovery and fuck David Zaslav. Get the children out of Ezra Miller’s reach and get them into custody before this ends up in a bloodbath.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-they-them-reportedly-housing-a-mother-and-her-three-young-children-at-vermont-home-filled-with-guns-and-drugs.599739/post-88961019

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22937 on: June 23, 2022, 07:22:09 PM »
UUUEEGGHH

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22938 on: June 23, 2022, 08:00:43 PM »

people constantly correcting themselves

fucking up subject-verb agreement

you have to say "this person" because if you said "what they're up to" it's ambiguous as to whether you mean Ezra singular or Ezra-plus-family-he's-fucking-up

shit is untenable :neogaf

how can they expect this to become a new standard in communication  ???
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22939 on: June 23, 2022, 08:13:05 PM »
I'm still waiting for someone to use "it"

"Lock it up!"

People would probably flip their shit until someone posts the wiki entry

Snoopycat_

« Reply #22940 on: June 23, 2022, 08:13:56 PM »
Isn't it hilarious that they have literally put themselves into this situation? They've spent so long policing each other, inventing ever more ridiculous rules and now they're at the stage where getting a sex offender's pronouns correct are more important to them than his crimes

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22941 on: June 23, 2022, 09:15:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-hands-on-with-street-fighter-6s-simplified-control-scheme-access-ability.599478/page-2#post-88938543
This toxic attitude of yours sure doesn’t help anything.
User banned (3 days): trolling over a series of posts
What was exactly toxic ?
Pretty much every thread in this nature could be summarized by those two replies.

What started the ban
But Era told me motion inputs are the easiest thing ever !
Have you ever thought about getting good?
-Era
why do you do this?
Should have probably wrote fgc somewhere too :/

Polident Hive

« Reply #22942 on: June 23, 2022, 09:37:15 PM »
Fuck Ezra Miller, fuck Warner Bros. Discovery and fuck David Zaslav. Get the children out of Ezra Miller’s reach and get them into custody before this ends up in a bloodbath.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-they-them-reportedly-housing-a-mother-and-her-three-young-children-at-vermont-home-filled-with-guns-and-drugs.599739/post-88961019

(Image removed from quote.)

Hate to defend WB, but they’ve said they’re dropping Ezra regardless of how this shakes out. Become a question of what else do you expect to happen that makes a movie studio complicit or the solution. Does WB air drop Jason Momoa onto the ranch to fist fight Ezra, film it, and sell it as a gonzo Aquaman vs Flash feature?

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #22943 on: June 23, 2022, 10:08:23 PM »

Hate to defend WB, but they’ve said they’re dropping Ezra regardless of how this shakes out. Become a question of what else do you expect to happen that makes a movie studio complicit or the solution. Does WB air drop Jason Momoa onto the ranch to fist fight Ezra, film it, and sell it as a gonzo Aquaman vs Flash feature?

No way that would happen, would be the most exciting film WB has released in years.

ShutUp

« Reply #22944 on: June 23, 2022, 10:22:44 PM »
You watch your filthy mouth. The Batman came out beginning of March  :bolo

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #22945 on: June 23, 2022, 10:46:30 PM »

:boring

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #22946 on: June 23, 2022, 11:09:36 PM »
BAN 👏 KOTAKU 👏

Vilifying Amber Heard Shows We Learned Nothing From GamerGate

This is pretty good (actually, bad) in the sense the authors vacuous facile take on something they demonstrably have no first hand knowledge or experience of and couldn't be fucked to do even surface level research on extends to three seperate mediums in the same fucking hot-op-ed piece.

• The UK court case was about whether the Sun had any reason to believe Amber Heard, and were not deliberately perpetuating a lie, not that she was truthful
  • OG Lara Croft isn't a problem free pretty girl - she was a borderline psychotic thrill seeker with daddy issues and a partial death wish
  • Jane Eyre isn't some vapid docile beauty - she's some frumpy weirdo with childhood hysteria and has at least two psychotic breaks / fugue states in the book

Good job!   :itagaki
Thanks for mansplaining to a woman who's obviously more qualified to talk about anything than you, holding a BA from the University of Rochester (class of 2020) in Creative Writing. This kind of violent abuse from men like you and Johnny D*pp is why she had to lock down her Twitter account after publishing this article and promoting it on her Twitter account.

benjipwns

« Reply #22947 on: June 23, 2022, 11:13:45 PM »

Weird, I seem to remember that when police were questioning Ezra Miller in Hawai'i that people were using it as an example of the ongoing genocide against trans people (even though as astro points out non-binary doesn't mean trans and it's bigotry to assume so) and the general overall violence against the marginalized by the police. Now they want the police to murder non-binary people just because they're hanging out together away from their cishet overlords?

benjipwns

« Reply #22948 on: June 23, 2022, 11:18:59 PM »
>These folks told the "chuds" to fuck off, not everything is made for them.
>"Chuds" proceed to fuck off like they wanted.
>Gets mad that the "chuds" followed their advice and fucked off.

Why are they angry again?  :confused
I see why you're confused. By "fuck off" that doesn't mean they aren't still supposed to consume MCU content. In fact, that's required and should be mandatory. What they mean by "fuck off" is that you aren't allowed to not enjoy it. If you're not enjoying it, it's challenging you, so shut up and LISTEN. Good people don't want to listen to your chud fragility.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22949 on: June 24, 2022, 01:28:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/stephen-kings-%E2%80%98the-mist%E2%80%99-2007-movie-has-got-to-be-one-of-the-most-annoying-and-frustrating-movies-ever-made.599838/#post-88974900
I didn't hate the movie but I actually really dislike the ending. It's trying way too hard to be shocking and upsetting and it achieves that but at the cost of a much more chilling and interesting ending.

The story ending with the characters driving out into what appears to be the end of the world, uncertain if anything is even left out there, on a very limited tank of fuel, is a much better ending. Works way better when what happens to them is left up to the imagination and the question of if anything is even still alive out there is never answered. The original short story does give a ray of hope in that the main character MAYBE heard something over the radio, which I can take or leave, but even that isn't much.

By trying to find some way to be darker and going with the most obvious "dead kid" solution to that they not only lose the chilling aspect of the ending but also completely stomp on the seriousness of the situation by showing us the world at large will be fine, this evil mist just needed some good old fashion AMERICAN FIREPOWER like fuck offff
:usacry

wsippel

« Reply #22950 on: June 24, 2022, 03:02:43 AM »
Some people just can't let go even when things have actually changed. Like just a few days ago Kotaku had another article claiming how every woman in videogames is sexualised. I can only conclude that they don't actually care for change but just want to complain.

Edit: the article is even from the same person who wrote the Amber Heard one

https://kotaku.com/pubg-krafton-ai-virtual-woman-metaverse-web3-1849077657

Gotta get those clicks

What a shit article. Funny how the author complains that the character is pale and "vaguely east asian" looking (because we all know straight white males fetishise asian chicks), while failing to mention that she looks Korean because Krafton is a Korean developer, and the Koreans don't give a flying fuck what the western gaming press wants in the first place.

During Keighley's not-E3 show, the one game shown with hot chicks (and dudes), Super People, was incidentally also Korean. And I guess the Mihoyo stuff if you're into anime waifus, but that's Chinese, so the same rules apply.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22951 on: June 24, 2022, 03:38:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/terf-jk-rowling-continues-to-be-a-hateful-bigot.221245/page-50#post-88978761
lmao, she really thinks she's that important to be called up by Ukraine's president, that's hilarious

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #22952 on: June 24, 2022, 04:40:48 AM »

The Batthey :wag
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #22953 on: June 24, 2022, 04:44:34 AM »
Thx Bxtmxn (xhir/xhie)

:batman

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #22954 on: June 24, 2022, 04:53:46 AM »
Isn't it hilarious that they have literally put themselves into this situation? They've spent so long policing each other, inventing ever more ridiculous rules and now they're at the stage where getting a sex offender's pronouns correct are more important to them than his crimes

The great irony of SJW/woke culture is they live for moments like these where they get to become cops and/or snitches :trumps
(ice)

Kurt Russell

woke

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22956 on: June 24, 2022, 05:30:14 AM »
I just noticed Ree's Sony circle jerking OT doesn't have FUCK JIM RYAN anymore lol.  That was fast.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22957 on: June 24, 2022, 05:58:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/terf-jk-rowling-continues-to-be-a-hateful-bigot.221245/page-50#post-88978761
lmao, she really thinks she's that important to be called up by Ukraine's president, that's hilarious

hahaha look at this stupid cunt bitch donating money to assist children in a warzone, GET FUCKED TERF

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #22958 on: June 24, 2022, 06:28:22 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/california-constitutional-amendment-to-ban-forced-labor-including-prison-labor-fails-in-the-senate.599850/

Even regular people who are pretty liberal are more than fine with this shit sadly, went on a date with a girl like this last summer who is totally against paying them anything and it was reaaaaaal yikes moment.

Sounds like an amazing date.
Oi Oi

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #22959 on: June 24, 2022, 07:40:15 AM »

The Batthey :wag

Bruce Wayne comes out as non-binary and retires the caped crusader as they realises it wasn't about fighting crime, it was about using toxic masculinity to repress their true, authentic self. Meanwhile, formerly a respected Gotham City university professor has a psychotic break after drinking too many apple ciders and a benzo binge. He becomes convinced the Joker has taken control of his mind and christens himself as Joker Peterson. Upon learning of Bruce Waynes new identity he plots to deadname and misgender every trans and non binary citizen in Gotham to lure out who he now considers his greatest rival into one final showdown. How will Bruce respond?

The Bat They, coming 2023 :money

spoiler (click to show/hide)
1 nintex like pls
[close]
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #22960 on: June 24, 2022, 07:55:24 AM »
Meanwhile, formerly a respected Gotham City university professor has a psychotic break after drinking too many apple ciders and a benzo binge.
I misread this as you saying Bruce Wayne was the one who goes through this and was going to tell you a non-binary person, Grant Morrison (they/them), already got there:
When Bruce Wayne is seen next, he wakes up in a pile of garbage with no memory of himself. He meets a homeless man named Honor Jackson, who recognizes that Bruce is going through drug withdrawal and helps him. As the two spend time together, traveling in what Honor calls an "odyssey" across the city, Bruce sees more evidence of his forgotten life. The two reflect on the day, and Honor gives Bruce an old broken radio as a sentimental gift. Abruptly, Bruce finds that Honor is no longer sitting next to him and learns from a local dealer that Honor had blown two hundred dollars on smack and overdosed the previous day. This statement leaves Bruce full of despair, grief, and guilt, but also further confuses his sense of reality. At this point, Bruce seems to snap. He makes himself a costume out of red, yellow, and purple rags, and begins referring to the broken radio as the "Bat-radia". He then calls himself "The Batman of Zur-En-Arrh" and begins taking advice from Bat-Mite (written as "might" in this case, as the character is meant to be a voice of reason to Zur-En-Arrh, as in "the Bat might do this").

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #22961 on: June 24, 2022, 08:32:36 AM »

hahaha look at this stupid cunt bitch donating money to assist children in a warzone, GET FUCKED TERF

Zelensky was compared to Harry Potter and he loved it. He should be cancelled anytime now.

benjipwns

« Reply #22962 on: June 24, 2022, 08:41:49 AM »
Zelensky was compared to Harry Potter and he loved it. He should be cancelled anytime now.
Dude already came out in favor of one genocide by Israel, pretty obvious he'd like being compared to a manual for the genocide of all LGBTQIA people and elimination of women's rights too. Fascists can't help but hate. This is why people like Jim Ryan need to be driven from society.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22963 on: June 24, 2022, 08:59:28 AM »

A shame they wasted this prank on her, she's going to be more cautious about things like this in the future. We could have seen her get invited to pick up something like the 'CUNT award' that Katie Hopkins fell for.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #22964 on: June 24, 2022, 09:10:51 AM »
God look at this irrelevant cunt no one cares about :social2
(ice)

Kurt Russell

« Reply #22965 on: June 24, 2022, 09:52:32 AM »
God look at this irrelevant cunt no one cares about :social2

That's a bit harsh. There are at least two people on here who like Raist.
woke

ShutUp

« Reply #22966 on: June 24, 2022, 10:32:13 AM »
“Lol she’s not that important” they post on the 50th page of the JK Rowling OT.

SmokyDave

« Reply #22967 on: June 24, 2022, 10:36:52 AM »
Who the fuck is ramping with Raist? You want trouble?

I will fight for my slightly-unfortunately-French homie to the death. Or at least moderate injury.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22968 on: June 24, 2022, 10:46:24 AM »
The precedent this ruling is going to set for abortion laws around the world is deeply worrying.

:confused

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22969 on: June 24, 2022, 10:47:27 AM »
remember, the US is the shining beacon on a hill that all the world takes its cues from

global decisions are made based on the thundering aftershocks of their decisions
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22970 on: June 24, 2022, 10:49:56 AM »
Visited in 2011. Loved it

As a man who doesn’t like the sea nor the beach, I definitely had a good time with the lads there

:jared

Snoopycat_

« Reply #22971 on: June 24, 2022, 10:51:44 AM »
No way we’re getting rid of abortion. The chavs round here breed like rats

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22972 on: June 24, 2022, 11:57:43 AM »

:comeon :picard
Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #22973 on: June 24, 2022, 11:59:58 AM »
remember, the US is the shining beacon on a hill that all the world takes its cues from

global decisions are made based on the thundering aftershocks of their decisions
I kinda feel like this is true at the moment. I expect my country to move left over the next decade or two, partially in response to the example that will be set by the US.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #22974 on: June 24, 2022, 12:04:47 PM »

:comeon :picard

Apparently Christianity is an ethnicity now??

:preach

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22975 on: June 24, 2022, 12:05:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-you-planning-on-leaving-the-us-within-the-next-5-years.599991/
So given today’s news, Obergefell, Lawrence, and others are probably crumbling as we speak. The SCOTUS made it clear it has the courage to undo precedent and be a partisan tool. We saw the signs 6 years ago and here it is happening. Nothing stops this train.

I’m not about to live in a country that is willing to dissolve my marriage or punish me for sodomy, and we’re on our way to that. Exit plans need to be made ahead of time so it’s now time to start planning our exit.

Are you planning on leaving? If so, where and how?

Here are the countries I’m considering.

Canada (we qualify for Express Entry visa so not that hard)
Spain (I qualify for citizenship in just 2 years of residency, and we have a lifelong dream of living in Barcelona)
Israel (now that my husband is Jewish, I qualify for Israeli passport and citizenship within just 3 months)
Colombia (already a citizen, just elected first left-wing president)
Argentina (I qualify for citizenship within just 2 years of residency as well)

Just need to graduate with my PhD, earn some money for a year or two, and then bags can be packed.

Quick reminder: before you hop in here and lecture oppressed minorities on how they need to “stay and fight”, realize how absurd you would have sounded saying the same thing to Jews in Europe in 1940
It's the rising 4th year phd student in computational biology who got butthurt by a foreign for liking anime films.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #22976 on: June 24, 2022, 12:10:04 PM »

Here are the countries I’m considering.

Canada (we qualify for Express Entry visa so not that hard)
Spain (I qualify for citizenship in just 2 years of residency, and we have a lifelong dream of living in Barcelona)
Israel (now that my husband is Jewish, I qualify for Israeli passport and citizenship within just 3 months)
Colombia (already a citizen, just elected first left-wing president)
Argentina (I qualify for citizenship within just 2 years of residency as well)

Just need to graduate with my PhD, earn s

:crowdlaff

https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-you-planning-on-leaving-the-us-within-the-next-5-years.599991/

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22977 on: June 24, 2022, 12:10:43 PM »

:lucas
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22978 on: June 24, 2022, 12:17:32 PM »
What makes you think you'll be able to vote, or that your vote will matter in the future? America isn't a democracy. It's a demockracy.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-you-planning-on-leaving-the-us-within-the-next-5-years.599991/post-88996548

:iface

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #22979 on: June 24, 2022, 12:18:04 PM »
AmeriKKKa
(ice)