Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1950895 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #23760 on: July 04, 2022, 07:05:26 PM »
We’re gamers.
not sure about this one but something should be done for sure
:dead

Rolling Stone and other major outlets really have a lot of blood on their hands in popularizing and iconifying mass murderers. They weren’t the first to do it but the compulsion so many have to post and spread a murderous shitbag’s videos and manifestos and make him as big as he wants to be is staggering, especially when future ones expect to get that level of attention.
:idont
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23761 on: July 04, 2022, 07:59:08 PM »
Why do they always think that if you try to silence the motives that the actions won't happen? Should the perpetrators of such things just never not be mentioned at all in public only behind the scenes by cops and the state? How would they say "sounds about white" or allege it's the fault of YouTube or free speech in general when they're identified then?

Is their thought process that perpetrators of mass violence would think "crap, I can't post my gibberish manifesto, guess I'll just become a proper member of society instead"?

Boredfrom

« Reply #23762 on: July 04, 2022, 08:14:26 PM »
Why do they always think that if you try to silence the motives that the actions won't happen? Should the perpetrators of such things just never not be mentioned at all in public only behind the scenes by cops and the state? How would they say "sounds about white" or allege it's the fault of YouTube or free speech in general when they're identified then?

Is their thought process that perpetrators of mass violence would think "crap, I can't post my gibberish manifesto, guess I'll just become a proper member of society instead"?

I think the logic is because some part of the shooters are attention whores to begin with. The twitch shooters were specially bad in that, the asshole in the New Zealand acted like an asshole during his trial.

benjipwns

« Reply #23763 on: July 04, 2022, 08:19:56 PM »
I think you're going to get that from anyone who is trying to justify mass violence though. Very rarely do they excuse it with "I just wanted to kill people" which is some real Joker shit.

ResetERA.com and the like also claim to be experts on everything but I'm pretty sure that most every criminologist and researcher and so on says that not only are copycat shootings not a thing that happens but that all this information is important on helping to solve cases and prevent future ones. The best most famous example is the Unabomber who was never caught and they were totally stumped until they actually put his manifesto out to the public after refusing forever and his brother instantly said "oh, that's Ted."

Boredfrom

« Reply #23764 on: July 04, 2022, 08:29:58 PM »
Quote from: Benjipwns
ResetERA.com and the like also claim to be experts on everything but I'm pretty sure that most every criminologist and researcher and so on says that not only are copycat shootings not a thing that happens but that all this information is important on helping to solve cases and prevent future ones.

In this case, you can’t exactly blame the general public for having a different perception of how effective the prevention mass shootings have been or the lack of copy cats.

benjipwns

« Reply #23765 on: July 04, 2022, 08:48:32 PM »
Nah, I probably can blame individuals for wanting to talk endlessly as if they're experts about topics and order people to do their "solutions" while refusing to do any actual learning about the topics first or ever.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #23766 on: July 04, 2022, 09:06:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-are-the-spandex-wearing-kitted-up-hobby-cyclists-such-jerks.603963/
I've been cycling for a while now. Mostly on a hybrid. I wear regular clothes and while "proish" cycling looks cool, it's not something I'm thinking of doing right now. I deal with these types a lot in NYC many bike paths.

I don't mind being overtaken, just like driving. But these types are always "On your left!" and all the BS. Like, I'm going in a straight line, my dude, overtake me. But it's not even that, many tend to curse and swear under their breath, expecting me to stop or something. Go ahead, mofo. I overtake folks a lot as well. Kids, parents, slower cyclists, I don't need to scream like a jackass and curse to overtake someone. But these assholes act like their shit down stink if you just mind your business. One flipped me the bird. Like WTF?!

I don't drive much, but it makes me understand road rage lol.

But it's always the same with these types.

That said there are many cool Lance Armstrong cyclists are don't act like primadonnas, but it's always these assholes that act like they own the bike lane.

"Normal" cyclists, in plain clothes and Walmart/Target bikes are the nicest honestly.

What's your experience with these Lance Armstrong wannabes?

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #23767 on: July 04, 2022, 09:15:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-are-the-spandex-wearing-kitted-up-hobby-cyclists-such-jerks.603963/
I've been cycling for a while now. Mostly on a hybrid. I wear regular clothes and while "proish" cycling looks cool, it's not something I'm thinking of doing right now. I deal with these types a lot in NYC many bike paths.

I don't mind being overtaken, just like driving. But these types are always "On your left!" and all the BS. Like, I'm going in a straight line, my dude, overtake me. But it's not even that, many tend to curse and swear under their breath, expecting me to stop or something. Go ahead, mofo. I overtake folks a lot as well. Kids, parents, slower cyclists, I don't need to scream like a jackass and curse to overtake someone. But these assholes act like their shit down stink if you just mind your business. One flipped me the bird. Like WTF?!

That said there are many cool Lance Armstrong cyclists are don't act like primadonnas, but it's always these assholes that act like they own the bike lane.

"Normal" cyclists, in plain clothes and Walmart/Target bikes are the nicest honestly.

Potato annhilated.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23768 on: July 04, 2022, 09:19:19 PM »
Nah, I probably can blame individuals for wanting to talk endlessly as if they're experts about topics and order people to do their "solutions" while refusing to do any actual learning about the topics first or ever.

So the perception of mass shootings going up is because hot takes?

BikeJesus

« Reply #23769 on: July 04, 2022, 09:28:28 PM »
The proper way to pass as a cyclist is to just use your bell. Whenever someone yells 'on your left' at me, i just ring my lovely brass bell. Usually i hear their poorly maintained bike coming and ring it before they have a chance.

:snob

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23770 on: July 04, 2022, 09:53:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bette-midler-sparks-debate-after-womens-rights-tweet.603975/#post-89508309
Could maybe mention it's about trans people in the topic? The article you quote in TMZ does.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23771 on: July 04, 2022, 10:22:35 PM »

Potato annhilated.

First of all, I am middle-aged, overweight and slow as shit, so no chance I'm that guy being the bike path bully.

Second, the clothing thing is just a dumb complaint. Sitting on a bike for hours on end in regular clothes is uncomfortable and stupid. If you ride more than 5kms at a stretch, you need decent cycling shorts at a minimum otherwise you're going to be in pain. Plain clothes on a bike in summer in a place that actually gets hot and has some hills is a recipe for disaster.

He's does kind of have a point to a certain extent though. There are a lot of downright fucking idiots who ride. However, there's nothing worse than some douchebag who thinks they need to be sat in the middle of the bike path going slow as balls who waits until the last second to bother to move over and then gets indignant that someone called out to warn them.

Many dedicated bike lanes have two way traffic, so overtaking can be hairy at times. Plus, many beginners or occasional cyclists are just not that aware of their surroundings, so passing someone at speed who is cruising along at a slow pace can really freak them out, so calling out is common courtesy (although a bell is a better option), and a good way of avoiding a crash. It's also good to remember that the slower your pace, the less of a straight line you will be able to keep as well.

I'm going to say that this guy just sounds like a typical Reeeeeeseteran who likes to arrogantly complain about everyone else while being completely in the wrong.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23772 on: July 04, 2022, 10:25:34 PM »
The proper way to pass as a cyclist is to just use your bell. Whenever someone yells 'on your left' at me, i just ring my lovely brass bell. Usually i hear their poorly maintained bike coming and ring it before they have a chance.

Username checks out.
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23773 on: July 04, 2022, 10:46:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-shooting-at-fourth-of-july-parade-in-highland-park-il-suspect-in-custody.603795/page-10#post-89504847
He was caught minutes from my home…Jfc
Crazy. I used to eat at the suspect's Dad's deli like every week. Dude turned into a huge Trump supporter :-/
:shaking

Glad they found him, but sorry to hear he is okay.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23774 on: July 04, 2022, 11:00:27 PM »
Macy Gray TERFing it up with that bitch Joanne. How is Resetera taking it?
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23775 on: July 04, 2022, 11:18:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bette-midler-sparks-argument-about-trans-people-after-posting-transphobic-tweet.603975/#post-89508288
Macy Gray also outted herself as a terf. Ginger would never.
Bette Midler giving off big "I half-read an article on Facebook and now I'm mad about it" energy here.
Anyone asked Babs Streisand her take on this pressing issue yet?

Royalan
Bette Midler was just getting dragged for calling women "the new N-word" just a few years ago.

People should just accept she ain't got much going on up there.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23776 on: July 04, 2022, 11:22:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mass-shooting-at-fourth-of-july-parade-in-highland-park-il-developing-story.603795/post-89488101

Not the birthday the country wants, the one it deserves.

Disgusting forum.
User Banned (Duration Pending): Inflammatory rhetoric in a thread regarding a mass shooting

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #23777 on: July 04, 2022, 11:24:20 PM »
Is that ableism?

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #23778 on: July 05, 2022, 12:14:15 AM »

Can't have a bell ruining my Aero and adding unnecessary weight, therefore I must scream at strangers

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23779 on: July 05, 2022, 01:00:35 AM »

mrw I can't watch sam raimi's spiderman anymore on principle

Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23780 on: July 05, 2022, 01:10:37 AM »

Can't have a bell ruining my Aero and adding unnecessary weight, therefore I must scream at strangers
What dental practice do you work at Fred?
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23781 on: July 05, 2022, 01:14:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bette-midler-sparks-debate-after-womens-rights-tweet.603975/#post-89508309
Could maybe mention it's about trans people in the topic? The article you quote in TMZ does.

https://twitter.com/BetteMidler/status/1543979948611981313

honestly how can there be so many slogans specifically naming women -- women's rights, respect women, believe women, trans women ARE women -- and in other areas of society we're expected to adopt terms like vagina-havers?

can we pick one and stick with it? "believe vagina-havers?"

why is era even against this, wouldn't it be incredibly disrespectful to deny a trans woman's womanhood by refusing to call them women?
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23782 on: July 05, 2022, 01:14:50 AM »
Right wingers made people believe this is the one thing that society hinges upon. That has spread everywhere. It’s truly disgusting how much of the discourse hatred of trans people takes up.
:spiders

Not long now until the "I always knew Macy Gray was a closet Nazi/something always seemed off about her" post.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23783 on: July 05, 2022, 01:28:49 AM »
why is era even against this, wouldn't it be incredibly disrespectful to deny a trans woman's womanhood by refusing to call them women?
...and thus we get to the root of the problem and the source of the frustration of people like that TERF btch Joanne.

"Are you a woman?"

"Yes"

"But you have a penis"

"Women can have penises"

"Am I a woman?"

"No, you should use the word "vagina haver", it's trans inclusive."

"OK, so using the term 'woman' is exclusionary."

"Yes."

"OK, are you a woman?"

"Of course."

"So can I call myself a woman?"

"No, you are a 'vagina haver' or 'person who menstruates'."

"OK, so having a vagina means I'm not a woman."

"No, you are a woman."

"OK, so does that make you a 'penis haver'?"

"No, you transphobe. I'm a woman."
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #23784 on: July 05, 2022, 01:51:32 AM »
Right wingers made people believe this is the one thing that society hinges upon. That has spread everywhere. It’s truly disgusting how much of the discourse hatred of trans people takes up.
It is a simple thing to reject the concerns of people asked to perform new duties by maligning their motives as insincere. Which is why I trust anti-abortion people when they say anyone pro-abortion just wants to murder babies, why would I listen to someone who just wants to murder babies about their views on murdering babies?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23785 on: July 05, 2022, 02:55:18 AM »
The transtisties don't understand that there's a difference between how normal people talk and legal texts. Sure you might want the insurance company to use such 'inclusive' language but everwhere else it's just dumb.

We don't use the term 'blunt object' or 'sharp object' either. We just say 'hammer' and 'knife'.

Not to mention that 'birthing people' sounds like people living at a human breeding farm of a crazy cult or some shit.
🤴

benjipwns

« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 03:35:58 AM by benjipwns »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23787 on: July 05, 2022, 03:54:51 AM »
Before the thread fulls up with "All billionares are bad" ignoring that this is about a woman of color from a small island founded to be a slavery plantation. I just want to say good on her.

:salute
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23788 on: July 05, 2022, 03:56:13 AM »
We must resist control and capitalism!

Posted from my iPhone@starbucks
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23789 on: July 05, 2022, 03:58:31 AM »
Being poor in a Caribbean island is a whole other kettle of fish from in the Stated.

This ain't an "Eat the Rich" moment. It's a bless this successful queen. Period.

:juche

If you're really opposed to billionaires, then you should be happy about this news. No quicker way to get white America to want to heavily tax the rich than for the recognizable faces of the obscenely wealthy to be black and brown.

:brain
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 04:06:44 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23790 on: July 05, 2022, 04:18:49 AM »
it’s essentially a rich man’s sport. take that for what you will

:larry
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23791 on: July 05, 2022, 04:41:11 AM »
it’s essentially a rich man’s sport. take that for what you will

:larry

Rich WHITE man's sport.

Get your fucking facts straight!
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #23792 on: July 05, 2022, 04:45:35 AM »
If you're really opposed to billionaires, then you should be happy about this news. No quicker way to get white America to want to heavily tax the rich than for the recognizable faces of the obscenely wealthy to be black and brown.
Exactly, I bet Joanne is just fuming that she has to share the title of billionaire with a woman of color. Especially one from a country that stood up to her pro-Brexit colonialist hatred.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #23793 on: July 05, 2022, 05:05:57 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bette-midler-sparks-argument-about-trans-people-after-posting-transphobic-tweet.603975/page-2#post-89511708

My mom literally could not breastfeed me. Her milk was soured and unviable for me. Many people who can give birth are like this; incapable of lactating due to medical reasons, or their milk is not healthy for their child, or they just don’t produce enough to feed a child. Also lactation can stop at any moment. It doesn’t last forever, but a baby still needs to feed. What a fucking stupid woman.

Guess I won’t be watching the Hocus Pocus sequel.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bette-midler-sparks-argument-about-trans-people-after-posting-transphobic-tweet.603975/page-2#post-89514864
I love people that act like my existence is hurting others or the downfall of society, gives me the warm and fuzzies it sure does.

Fuck you Bette Midler.
Me me me me
 :era

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23794 on: July 05, 2022, 05:59:57 AM »
It's pretty funny that the very same crowd, who polices language like a hawk, suddenly tells women to shut the fuck up if they don't like being called "vagina owners". It's not hard to see why woman might dislike the idea that the female experience is suddenly reduced to a body part.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23795 on: July 05, 2022, 06:04:25 AM »
Joanne the TERF bitch got to the BBC too

https://www.bbc.com/sport/61346517

Transgender athletes: What do the scientists say?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 07:04:52 AM by Potato »
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23796 on: July 05, 2022, 06:19:49 AM »
I'm still cackling at the edict you have to be nice to that one billionaire.
ὕβρις

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #23797 on: July 05, 2022, 06:23:37 AM »

Holy shit at that article.

Ross Tucker is a sports scientist who says the physiological differences established during puberty can create "significant performance advantages (between men and women)".
Joanna Harper is a sports scientist and is transgender herself. She studies the effects of transition on female transgender athletes.

Quote from: Harper
Advantages are not necessarily unfair, and let me use two examples, one where the advantages aren't unfair and one where they are.

Left-handed athletes have advantages over right-handed athletes in many sports. It is perhaps most marked in fencing where 40% of elite fencers are left-handed versus 10% of the population is left-handed.

But right-handed fencers and left-handed fencers can engage in meaningful competition despite the advantages that left-handed fencers have.

However, you never put a big boxer in the ring with a little boxer, no matter how good the little boxer is. No matter how hard the little boxer works, trains, how competitive they are, they can't beat a big boxer. The size difference means there's no such thing as meaningful competition between big boxers and little boxers.

So the question isn't 'do trans women have advantages?' - but instead, 'can trans women and women compete against one another in meaningful competition?' Truthfully, the answer isn't definitive yet.

Trans women can have disadvantages because their larger frames are now being powered by reduced muscle mass and reduced aerobic capacity, but that's not as obvious as the advantages of simply being bigger.

Yes, it's true that competition can often come down to a very small margin, but there are, in any competition, many factors that come into overall performance and just saying that 'oh, somebody has an advantage' in one factor doesn't necessarily determine the outcome.

Meaningful competition. Not equal competition. Got it. And even then, the answer isn't definitive.

Quote from: Tucker
When boys reach the age of 13-14, things start to change physically and we see increased muscle mass, bone density; [it] changes the shape of the skeleton, changes the heart and the lung, haemoglobin levels, and all of those things are significant contributors to performance.

Lowering the testosterone has some effect on those systems, but it's not complete, and so for the most part, whatever the biological differences are that were created by testosterone persist even in the presence of testosterone reduction - or, if I put that differently, even after testosterone levels are lowered.

It leaves behind a significant portion of what gives males sporting performance advantages over females.

One talks about right handed vs. left handed in fencing and then another example of body sizes in boxing. The other talks about the ACTUAL fucking biological effects of puberty.

This helps to convince me the BBC is transphobic, because it had to be setting up the transgender 'scientist' to fail that badly.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 05:25:23 PM by joeboy101 »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23798 on: July 05, 2022, 07:03:46 AM »
This was my favourite section:

Should transgender women be banned from women's sport?

Quote from: Tucker
The point of the women's category is to exclude male advantage, which comes as a result of testosterone.

Until it can be shown that that advantage doesn't persist or exist in trans women, then I would say that there's no basis to allow trans women in.

The point of all that is that if there were no evidence at all, I would say that an exclusion policy would be the prudent start point.

However, we do have evidence - we have 13 studies that show significant retained advantage. We have a number of other studies of males with lower testosterone levels with prostate cancer, we know what happens with training, and so I think collectively the picture is quite strong to suggest that advantages are retained.

Finally, I think that what that leads to is the prediction that over time you will see athletes like Lia Thomas and Emily Bridges, so they are in effect the manifestation of what we know will happen physiologically.

So I would be quite confident at this point that a policy that regulates women's sport by excluding male advantage, which includes trans women, is the evidence-based one.

It's not impossible that in time evidence will emerge to challenge that and then we can reconsider that, but I think [the IOC] got it backwards in the beginning by allowing it in until proven otherwise. It should have been excluded until it could be shown that the advantages can be removed.

Quote from: Harper
The science is in its infancy and we are not going to have definitive answers for probably 20 years.

There are some, including the IOC, that have said until we know [more] we shouldn't restrict trans athletes.

What I would say is that until we know for sure, sport's governing bodies should do the best they can with the data that exists, with the knowledge that we have today, with the understanding that any policy they create now should be subject to change one we get more data.

So for instance, World Athletics has said that once transgender women reduce testosterone for 12 months, they should be allowed in. That's not a perfect policy - nobody is saying it is - but World Athletics has said this is the best we can do with the available science.

That I think is a more reasonable approach than either saying there shouldn't be any restrictions on trans women or we shouldn't let trans women in until we know for certain.

The next time some fucking idiot on Resetera trots out the "study" that definitely proves trans women have no unfair advantage, they should be told to STFU.
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23800 on: July 05, 2022, 07:11:15 AM »
roe vs wade dying is going to bring a lot of "new" transphobia and terfism to the foreground

:mindblown :crazy :confused

Everything is trans!!!!!!!
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23801 on: July 05, 2022, 07:30:51 AM »

Not long now until the "I always knew Macy Gray was a closet Nazi/something always seemed off about her" post.

Getting close now

Why we asking Macy Gray anything in 2022? Of course Piers Morgan gets a D-List celebrity to make inflammatory comments.

I haven’t thought about Macy Gray since the Green Goblin crashed her Times Square performance.
:ryker
Closer

Considering how much of crypto/NFT space is populated by people who obsess over alt right figureheads, and Macy Gray's love of NFTs... I'm not shocked. Just disappointed.

It's like the tech version of the homeopathy to terf/alt right pipeline.
:letsfukk
The one hit wonder, with the brain cell count to match. This argument feels 20 years out of date, not unlike Macy herself.
:obama
It's coming soon, I can feel it.

I just deleted the three songs I like from her from my collection.
:ohyou :ego :popular

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1544245111609085952

There she goes, that fucking asshole.
:mynicca
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 07:42:43 AM by Potato »
Spud

NekoFever

« Reply #23802 on: July 05, 2022, 07:32:56 AM »

I don’t use the term ‘hero’ lightly  :salute

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23803 on: July 05, 2022, 07:34:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-tekken-9-was-a-soft-reboot-of-the-franchise-what-would-you-want-to-see.604071/#post-89519352
Quote from: TheEchosOfTheCyborg
Personal want is an old Anna Williams, in her 50s that now runs her own casino/bar, holding one of those long cigarette things and can still kick the arse of any rowdy patron or fighter that causes trouble. Sadly given Bandai Namco seems to still refuse any women fighters to be playable after a certain age, I don't see it happening but I can dream dammit!

:aloy
ど助平

NekoFever

« Reply #23804 on: July 05, 2022, 07:40:09 AM »
I don’t have any Macy Gray songs. I had no idea I was this righteous.

SmokyDave

« Reply #23805 on: July 05, 2022, 07:45:30 AM »
All I know is that to be a Good Person, I should sit down and listen when a woman of colour tells me her truth. Not surprised that the bigots at reset are talking over her instead. They’re Bad People.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23806 on: July 05, 2022, 07:45:44 AM »
Why do people without any personal or academic experience on this topic insist on speaking with some imagined authority on it?

Why do people care so much about dictating how other people should live their lives?

Why am I continually surprised at how shitty people can be?

I think Macy Gray, an woman, does have some personal experience with what being, an woman, is all about.

Much more experience than any trans woman I can guarantee.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23807 on: July 05, 2022, 07:50:25 AM »
All I know is that to be a Good Person, I should sit down and listen when a woman of colour tells me her truth. Not surprised that the bigots at reset are talking over her instead. They’re Bad People.
The spite is really coming out in that thread now. Most misogynists could really learn a thing or two from that "inviting bonfire at the crossroads of the gaming industry" which is an "inclusive space that proudly welcomes members of every gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation. Respect and decency towards each other, regardless of background, is nonnegotiable".
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #23808 on: July 05, 2022, 08:47:13 AM »
It's amazing how all these irrelevant women all turn to vengeful fascism just to try and get anyone to pay attention to them again. Imagine how entitled these narcissists must be to think anyone cares what they think and are obligated to take their feelings seriously as if they're empirical facts. Like what kind of person gets this bent out of shape that other people are living their life refusing to do as they say even when they're not around. TERFs are such a dangerous cult because they don't care about anyone but themselves and pursue authoritarianism trying to stamp out anyone who might dissent from their groupthink even when the groupthink is blatantly unhinged. The worst part is that these lunatics probably will never reflect on the people whose lives they are harming and will pretend they were always on the right side of history when the fad passes and the progress of humanity reveals their current support of fascism to be deranged as can objectively be seen currently.

Assuming they don't get their way and have all of us who refuse their Christofascism genocided in the name of capitalism like they constantly are demanding.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #23809 on: July 05, 2022, 08:55:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/really-do-not-understand-cross-necklaces-made-of-gold-or-flooded-with-expensive-stones-like-diamonds.603921/#post-89504988
Quote from: Royalan
Crosses with Jesus still on them are purely Catholic symbology and are considered sacrilegious to many protestant sects, because it presents defiance to the idea that Jesus resurrected.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/really-do-not-understand-cross-necklaces-made-of-gold-or-flooded-with-expensive-stones-like-diamonds.603921/#post-89509479
Quote from: Fularu
Only protestants don't show the Christ on the cross. Every other christian sect does (Catholics, Copts, Orthodoxes, and so on)

And the Christ on the cross doesn'T nullify the resurection as it's a core tenant/belief of christian faith (irregardless of sect)

I mean, that's literally what I said.

Err no, Copts and Orthodox believers do not follow the Catholic church.

Did I say they did?

Did I suggest they did?

Read my post again. Slowly.

Crosses with Jesus still on them are purely Catholic symbology

https://www.resetera.com/threads/really-do-not-understand-cross-necklaces-made-of-gold-or-flooded-with-expensive-stones-like-diamonds.603921/page-2#post-89511621
OK, sorry for that then.

I'm speaking as a protestant. I'll correct my language and say that most protestants don't believe in depicting Jesus as still being on the cross.

This still doesn't disprove what a lot of protestants believe about depicting Jesus on the cross. It's sacrilege.

There are sects of Christianity that aren't Catholic or Protestant, dumbass.
OBE

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23810 on: July 05, 2022, 08:56:14 AM »

Didn't RE rely on Harper's studies to declare that anyone who thinks trans women have an advantage is a transphobe? Meanwhile she herself is far more cautious about making any definitive statements

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #23811 on: July 05, 2022, 09:15:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnbc-rihanna-is-now-worth-1-4-billion%E2%80%93making-her-america%E2%80%99s-youngest-self-made-billionaire-woman.603978/page-3#post-89521284

Quote from: CitizenVectron
Another person on my list of people to hate.

Note - if she were a moral person she would be divesting of the majority of this money back into charities, good causes, etc. The simple fact of her wealth accumulation makes her basically evil for the damage it does to others. There is no such thing as a moral billionaire.

Quote from: Ascenion
Y’all just love to shit on a Black woman. Even in a clear case of don’t hate the player, hate the game. The system that allows billionaires to exist ain’t changing, and if it does none of y’all will have anything to do with it. Instead of being so damn negative sit back and enjoy Black Excellence.

:popcorn
OBE

Boredfrom

« Reply #23812 on: July 05, 2022, 09:20:35 AM »
Majority of black and dark skinned native/Asian billionaires would meet the colloquial criteria of self made simply because they belong to the two diasporas most pillaged by other groups of people.

That doesn't excuse the exploitation those individual members derived their fortune from, but it does highlight the inherent racial caste system of feudalistic capitalism in that those groups of people by design were always meant to be the serfs of.

Wah?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23813 on: July 05, 2022, 09:27:06 AM »
I wonder how Nep feels about billionaire Asians. Do they remain white adjacent? Or do they get to join her exclusive poc club?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23814 on: July 05, 2022, 10:07:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/really-do-not-understand-cross-necklaces-made-of-gold-or-flooded-with-expensive-stones-like-diamonds.603921/page-2#post-89511621
OK, sorry for that then.

I'm speaking as a protestant. I'll correct my language and say that most protestants don't believe in depicting Jesus as still being on the cross.

This still doesn't disprove what a lot of protestants believe about depicting Jesus on the cross. It's sacrilege.

There are sects of Christianity that aren't Catholic or Protestant, dumbass.

I like the guy correcting him talking about the core tenants of the christianity apartments
Uncle

BadAss2961

« Reply #23815 on: July 05, 2022, 10:13:25 AM »
I agree with the general anti billionaire sentiment. But feels like the nasty drive by comments are extra. You can’t have an ethical billionaire but she’s not Musk who grew up privileged in apartheid.
She’s a maligned minority who grew up in an ex slave colony and made the bulk of her money through promoting body and skin diversity and fun pop songs.

Reminds me the Osaka post where a usually supportive in mental health group went full “Fuck that ———, she’s rich, who cares about her anxiety and depression’. And she’s nowhere a Billionaire.

Generally the world, era included, is terrible when it comes to understanding and empathy to Black women and its almost fascinating to see how easy it is to switch to a ‘Fuck her!’. A critique is understood, but many of y’all putting extra sauce on it and I see you.

There was quite a bit of sauce for that Jew broad and her 'measly' $4M donation for making a white version of Living Single.

Child labor though? Eh... Now's not the time to judge.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #23816 on: July 05, 2022, 11:03:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yuji-naka-creator-of-balan-wonderworld-erases-naoto-ohshima-creator-of-sonic-and-nights-from-photo-commemorating-nights-birthday.604119/#post-89525403

Quote from: ProjectionSmasher, post: 89525403, member: 6260
Yuji Naka is such a petty little bastard. Honestly I almost feel sorry for him - to have a career as long and storied as he does, only to spend the last few years of it on Twitter being a petty asshole sniping at everyone else is just kind of embarrassing.

Margs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23817 on: July 05, 2022, 11:05:21 AM »

I don’t use the term ‘hero’ lightly  :salute

When will he delete the songs from her he doesn't like?
©@©™

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #23818 on: July 05, 2022, 11:05:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnbc-rihanna-is-now-worth-1-4-billion%E2%80%93making-her-america%E2%80%99s-youngest-self-made-billionaire-woman.603978/page-3#post-89528343

Quote from: Haze
Quote from: Antrax
Actually people are right to be suspicious when a lot of post histories are full of praise for predominantly male and/or white industries but are now suddenly really peeved when a black woman is mentioned in literally the same way.

It's not about the hypocrisy gotcha, it's about marginalized people who have bad-faith attacks thrown at them by people who do not in fact levy those criticisms equally.
Where is all of this praise for white billionaires? Seems like just about everyone is being pretty consistent here.

:elon
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #23819 on: July 05, 2022, 11:33:21 AM »
that guy's getting banned