Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1785363 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #44880 on: March 19, 2023, 10:17:17 AM »
Nintex, stop adding an apostrophe to “Nazis” or I’ll murder and eat your entire family.

It's a Dutch thing. Like French people putting a space before punctuation marks.

Not all cops punctuation marks.

Raist

« Reply #44881 on: March 19, 2023, 10:29:09 AM »
Which is weird to me. I never seen world religions as against science. Islam made amazing contributions to science for example.

But the church really got spooked during the scientific revolution and responded incorrectly instead of, you know, feeding the poor.
Islam? You mean Arab people who happened to be Muslim

:shaking

:shaking :shaking

:shaking :shaking :shaking

Guess who got their jimmies rustled.

Quote from: Rustyisis
Ah, the old "Islam didn't contribute anything towards science" racist canard. I thought this died out with New Atheism back in the '00s but apparently not.

Quote from: Messylego
You're being obtuse on purpose and islamophobic. Islam isn't incompatible with science, quite the opposite. Muslims didn't create a lot of the bedrock of science in spite of Islam's teachings. Anyway, here's a history lesson about the scientific method and Hasan Ibn al-Haytham.

A new challenger appears too.

What the fuck does this even *mean*? One of the biggest reasons Islam combined mathematics with astronomy was so Muslims from anywhere can accurately determine where the Kaaba is. You know, before fucking compasses were invented?

Although the birth of astronomy in Islam was basically just translating the established Indian astronomical texts into Arabic, there was an explosion of astronomical progress afterwards directly under Islamic rule.

But for real what the fuck are you talking about?

Propagandhim

« Reply #44882 on: March 19, 2023, 10:55:55 AM »
It was much more a function of Arab people at the time being much more open minded about existing knowledge of classical antiquity amd building up on it.

Something Christians definitely did not do.

Another idiotic statement said authoritatively. 

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44883 on: March 19, 2023, 11:11:25 AM »
I was taught by a Hebrew linguistics scholar that the translation of the first sentence is incorrect and that it changes the meaning of the entire book.

It's true, it's more akin to:
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #44884 on: March 19, 2023, 11:14:39 AM »
Which is weird to me. I never seen world religions as against science. Islam made amazing contributions to science for example.

But the church really got spooked during the scientific revolution and responded incorrectly instead of, you know, feeding the poor.
Islam? You mean Arab people who happened to be Muslim

:shaking

:shaking :shaking

:shaking :shaking :shaking

Guess who got their jimmies rustled.

Quote from: Rustyisis
Ah, the old "Islam didn't contribute anything towards science" racist canard. I thought this died out with New Atheism back in the '00s but apparently not.

Quote from: Messylego
You're being obtuse on purpose and islamophobic. Islam isn't incompatible with science, quite the opposite. Muslims didn't create a lot of the bedrock of science in spite of Islam's teachings. Anyway, here's a history lesson about the scientific method and Hasan Ibn al-Haytham.

A new challenger appears too.

What the fuck does this even *mean*? One of the biggest reasons Islam combined mathematics with astronomy was so Muslims from anywhere can accurately determine where the Kaaba is. You know, before fucking compasses were invented?

Although the birth of astronomy in Islam was basically just translating the established Indian astronomical texts into Arabic, there was an explosion of astronomical progress afterwards directly under Islamic rule.

But for real what the fuck are you talking about?

Islam is a race now?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44885 on: March 19, 2023, 11:22:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thr-shazam-fury-of-the-gods-tracking-for-just-40m-domestic-ow.690013/page-10#post-102860986
Tbf, I too wouldn't want to be in a movie alongside a grown ass man acting like an annoying 8 year old.
:spiders

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #44886 on: March 19, 2023, 11:29:24 AM »
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44887 on: March 19, 2023, 11:37:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-threatens-tiktok-ban-if-it-is-not-sold-report-bbc-news.697666/page-6#post-102828499

:cop User banned (1 month): xenophobia and inflammatory accusations over multiple post
Quote from: Corine
Quote from: I_love_potatoes
Where the hell did I say I defend the actions of certain nations?

You literally stated those countries are awful. Not liking the people running the countries is fine, but stating an entire nation is awful is dogshit.

Stop changing what I write to make yourself seem logical. If you want to hate China as a nation, then go ahead, but I'll call you xenophobic because that is what you are.
LOL you defenders of China love that xeno word don't ya. Never heard it spoken so much in my whole life. You can think whatever you want about me though since I believe that's a human right everyone should have unlike China, N Korea, and Russia. In other news I see the UK and New Zealand have wisely banned TikTok on all government devices. Good for them. Hopefully more countries take that step in the near future.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44888 on: March 19, 2023, 11:39:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/20-years-ago-an-american-warcriminal-launched-invasion-that-destabilized-an-entire-region-resulted-in-1-million-dead-and-made-the-world-less-safe.698536/page-4#post-102859750

:cop User Banned (2 weeks): inflammatory commentary
Quote from: myojinsoga
All this rather than admit you lost (with 9/11). You still haven't, can't, and won't admit that you were completely and perfectly defeated that day. TKO, flawless victory, hello, Earth to America. And here we still are, pacing the meaningless steps, enacting the nightmare perversions of your vanished superiority fantasy. It's been over, for 22 years, and the hope of America reconciling with, y'know, reality, just continues to diminish.

You built horseshit into your executive functions, as an excuse to allow you to lash out, and now you can't get it out. But not to worry, because your nation's corpse will take generations to fall apart, and generations of vultures will feed very, very well for the duration.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44889 on: March 19, 2023, 11:44:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/shazam-fury-of-the-gods-review-thread.697408/page-3#post-102729490

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Sexist Rhetoric
Quote from:  Wrighteous86
Quote from: SkinnyIndonesian
The mid-credits scene heavily suggests otherwise IMO. It's basically Gunn-certified.
Oh great…

SPOILER: FURY MID-CREDITS SCENE
He shoved his wife into this movie too…
[close]
OBE

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #44890 on: March 19, 2023, 11:45:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/20-years-ago-an-american-warcriminal-launched-invasion-that-destabilized-an-entire-region-resulted-in-1-million-dead-and-made-the-world-less-safe.698536/page-4#post-102859750

All this rather than admit you lost (with 9/11). You still haven't, can't, and won't admit that you were completely and perfectly defeated that day. TKO, flawless victory, hello, Earth to America. And here we still are, pacing the meaningless steps, enacting the nightmare perversions of your vanished superiority fantasy. It's been over, for 22 years, and the hope of America reconciling with, y'know, reality, just continues to diminish.

You built horseshit into your executive functions, as an excuse to allow you to lash out, and now you can't get it out. But not to worry, because your nation's corpse will take generations to fall apart, and generations of vultures will feed very, very well for the duration.

It seems like a typical radical left opinion on Resetera (I could imagine NepNep posting this). Why is B-Dubs rushing to defend 'Murica? Not a good look for a supposedly progressive forum.
Oi Oi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44891 on: March 19, 2023, 11:54:02 AM »
The only way to distance from them is to take a hard look at your own hate and realize you're the one who is the problem and should stop being a transphobe.

Edit: But in the end you won't, in the end you'll be marching in a black shirt too, throwing one Hitler Salutes after another

(Image removed from quote.)

One minute you’re playing Hogwarts Legacy and before you know it, it’s kristallnacht.
I wonder how many times someone at Square Enix came up with a name like: Kingdom Hearts: Arische Reich or Final Fantasy: Endliches Kristallnacht and localization managed to avoid disaster an hour before announcement.
🤴

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44892 on: March 19, 2023, 12:15:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-cruise-saw-and-loved-the-flash-says-this-is-the-type-of-movie-we-need-now.698353/page-5#post-102824674

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Misgendering
Quote from:  never
Like if they committed crimes, I hope they are held accountable and goes to jail or whatever. If they didn't and its just mental health issues, I hope they get help. I think justice shouldn't be only punitive, people need to be given the room to reform.

Last edited: Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Quote from: ClickyCal'
They/them btw. You need to edit your post. No dude or he or him.

Quote from: never
oh crap, you’re right. my bad.

Never has been unbanned.
OBE

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #44893 on: March 19, 2023, 12:26:45 PM »
But who's on first?

NekoFever

« Reply #44894 on: March 19, 2023, 12:31:38 PM »

Era’s reaction to 9/11 would have been something else if it was around then.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44895 on: March 19, 2023, 12:34:14 PM »
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44896 on: March 19, 2023, 12:34:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-cruise-saw-and-loved-the-flash-says-this-is-the-type-of-movie-we-need-now.698353/page-5#post-102824674

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Misgendering
Quote from:  never
Like if they committed crimes, I hope they are held accountable and goes to jail or whatever. If they didn't and its just mental health issues, I hope they get help. I think justice shouldn't be only punitive, people need to be given the room to reform.

Last edited: Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Quote from: ClickyCal'
They/them btw. You need to edit your post. No dude or he or him.

Quote from: never
oh crap, you’re right. my bad.

Never has been unbanned.

Ur welcum, Never

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44897 on: March 19, 2023, 12:38:19 PM »
Quote from: Rustyballs
Anyway, I'm done in this thread. Sorry for offending anyone.
So you will invade an Arab country and to liberate them with bombs and guns, with absolutely zero introspection and awareness, but won't stay to defend your actions on a gaming forum
https://www.resetera.com/threads/20-years-ago-an-american-warcriminal-launched-invasion-that-destabilized-an-entire-region-resulted-in-1-million-dead-and-made-the-world-less-safe.698536/post-102860338

:wut

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44898 on: March 19, 2023, 12:50:55 PM »
GOT 'EM

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44899 on: March 19, 2023, 01:21:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/ap/status/1637461469536169984

Fellxs, when we called his game journalism work a “crime against humanity” it was just hyperbole!
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44900 on: March 19, 2023, 01:34:48 PM »
Quote from: Rustyballs
Anyway, I'm done in this thread. Sorry for offending anyone.
So you will invade an Arab country and to liberate them with bombs and guns, with absolutely zero introspection and awareness, but won't stay to defend your actions on a gaming forum
https://www.resetera.com/threads/20-years-ago-an-american-warcriminal-launched-invasion-that-destabilized-an-entire-region-resulted-in-1-million-dead-and-made-the-world-less-safe.698536/post-102860338

:wut

BrokenVerses

« Reply #44901 on: March 19, 2023, 02:12:36 PM »

Yet in a few generations Americans will be driving electric cars...

And the Persian Gulf ruling class that squandered the greatest windfall in history on filling desert parking lots with supercars and constructing odious tourist traps on the gulf will flee to the decadent West and leave their people to rot in the squalor of their decaying short-lived riches. Will that still be the West's fault this time?

Hap Shaughnessy

OBE

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44903 on: March 19, 2023, 02:44:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/page-257#post-102802186

Quote from: FulcrumTK, post: 102801931, member: 82559
"milf" being a widely acceptable term to use even in leftist and/or queer spaces that try to respect women is weird to me. Like, maybe I'm putting too much stock into its literal meaning, but I'm not a fan.

Quote from: ClickyCal', post: 102802186, member: 7351
Yeah I agree.  It's still a form of sexualization.  I guess you can argue it's been claimed or reclaimed or something, but it's still uncomfortable.

:foxx :exxy :engel

Tumblr redesigns will never stop being hilarious

"I fixed it."

Finally she's covered in scars
I'd cum all over the tumblr version's face tbh  :patel

Is there anyone (or anything) you wouldn’t cum all over? :thinking
can allah create a rock so heavy even he cannot lift it?  :rash

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44904 on: March 19, 2023, 03:05:42 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44905 on: March 19, 2023, 03:11:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-need-a-relationship-advice-complicated-situtaion.698830/
Well never thought I would write it here except gaming lol. But I really need some advice.

I am in a relationship for 5 years and we are at the same age (26). And 6 months ago I proposed marrige to her and she accepted. Everything looks good here but the problem is we argue a lot and 99% of our arguments was because of marriage. Since the beginning she said she wants to marry and when she notice that marriage is far away she starts to argue and stop talking to me for few days. We resolved everything actually. When I proposed to her I thought everything will be fine and when she graduated from college I thought we will marry (2024). I graduated in 2020 and working since then. I waited for her graduation because I wasn’t earning well and our families aren’t wealthy. But in the beginning of 2023 our arguments continued because she kept saying she can’t wait for 2024 and she argued with me and didn’t talk me for a day. I really love her and said let’s marry in 2023 and I thought we can do it. But since I say this, the arguments didn’t stop. She kept arguing with me and say it still feels far away. Well we are in march now and I said to her that summer is very near and we can marry in summer and now she wants me to move out the home now. I said this will be still expensive and I offered her to buy our furniture first because instead of paying rents I thought it would be wiser to buy furnitures and other stuff and when I said this she hung up the phone again now she doesn’t talk to me anymore. I don’t know if she broke up me or not but I don’t know why this keeps happening. I know she loves me too but she argue and brokes up too easily with me which is something that I can’t do.

My financial situation is not that good (at least for marriage) plus my parents don’t work but my father will get a job in few months. She blames my parents and she think they are the reason that we can’t get married.

I know if she breaks up with me that I’ll be really really sad and I don’t know if I can get over that but on the otherside I get sad too when we argue but when we are not arguing everything is great.

What should I do? What you recommend?

User Banned (1 week): trolling
Have y'all tried being polyamorous?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #44906 on: March 19, 2023, 03:19:18 PM »

It seems like a typical radical left opinion on Resetera (I could imagine NepNep posting this). Why is B-Dubs rushing to defend 'Murica? Not a good look for a supposedly progressive forum.

Quote from: B-Dubs - General Manager
What the flying fuck is wrong with you? Seriously, I've seen some tasteless shit but holy crap.

User Banned (2 weeks): inflammatory commentary

Mentioning a Harry Potter game gets you a month, but the drivel this guy posted, as one of the most tasteless things Dubs has seen by his own admission, is 2 weeks.

Yeah, that computes.

:foodcourt

Kurt Russell

« Reply #44907 on: March 19, 2023, 04:44:07 PM »
It's rare that B-chubs encounters anything that's lacking in taste.
woke

BIONIC

« Reply #44908 on: March 19, 2023, 04:51:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/page-257#post-102802186

Quote from: FulcrumTK, post: 102801931, member: 82559
"milf" being a widely acceptable term to use even in leftist and/or queer spaces that try to respect women is weird to me. Like, maybe I'm putting too much stock into its literal meaning, but I'm not a fan.

Quote from: ClickyCal', post: 102802186, member: 7351
Yeah I agree.  It's still a form of sexualization.  I guess you can argue it's been claimed or reclaimed or something, but it's still uncomfortable.

:foxx :exxy :engel

Tumblr redesigns will never stop being hilarious

"I fixed it."

Finally she's covered in scars
I'd cum all over the tumblr version's face tbh  :patel

Is there anyone (or anything) you wouldn’t cum all over? :thinking
can allah create a rock so heavy even he cannot lift it?  :rash

Mullah Himu might know the answer to that.
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44909 on: March 19, 2023, 05:56:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/variety-%E2%80%98shazam-fury-of-the-gods%E2%80%99-stumbles-with-30-million-opening-weekend.698800/page-3#post-102887416

Quote from: plagiarize  Moderator  Male
Quote from: Tobor
I don’t understand the Momoa thing. He’s not a good actor. He should be in the same ballpark as Dwayne, IMO.
Tell me, are you into men?

Boys club rhetoric
 :isthis
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44910 on: March 19, 2023, 07:06:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/variety-%E2%80%98shazam-fury-of-the-gods%E2%80%99-stumbles-with-30-million-opening-weekend.698800/page-3#post-102887416

Quote from: plagiarize  Moderator  Male
Quote from: Tobor
I don’t understand the Momoa thing. He’s not a good actor. He should be in the same ballpark as Dwayne, IMO.
Tell me, are you into men?

Boys club rhetoric
 :isthis
No, but I prefer actresses that can act, same as men.
plagiarize
Do you understand that not everyone else feels the same way about actresses? Cause if so, you can understand how people like him.

Polident Hive

« Reply #44911 on: March 19, 2023, 07:52:49 PM »
These people suck at this. Guy is complaining about Momoa and The Rock, two darker skin Polynesian actors. It’s a layup to call him racist. Do better at derailing threads.

« Reply #44912 on: March 19, 2023, 08:46:31 PM »
If you really want to know why era is increasingly insufferable it’s because everyone is terrible in their eyes and if they are not yet terrible they will be , they are looking outside the window seeing if someone they like said something they don’t like so they can add that person in their shit list which is a mile high while their good list are all mentally deranged

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44913 on: March 19, 2023, 09:06:12 PM »
Morrigan taking a swipe at Rusty

Quote from: FloppyBits
You know I don't really disagree with any of this, and I appreciate you making this thread. But I admit it's kind of weird how you seem to routinely selectively apply your benefit of doubt towards brainwashed individuals depending on their affiliation. :\

Quote from: GhastlyClit
I hope this isn't what I think it is...Is it? Are you bringing up Shamima Begum's UK case?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/20-years-ago-an-american-warcriminal-launched-invasion-that-destabilized-an-entire-region-resulted-in-1-million-dead-and-made-the-world-less-safe.698536/page-5#post-102890800

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44914 on: March 19, 2023, 09:19:46 PM »
Morrigan taking a swipe at Rusty

Quote from: FloppyBits
You know I don't really disagree with any of this, and I appreciate you making this thread. But I admit it's kind of weird how you seem to routinely selectively apply your benefit of doubt towards brainwashed individuals depending on their affiliation. :\

Quote from: GhastlyClit
I hope this isn't what I think it is...Is it? Are you bringing up Shamima Begum's UK case?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/20-years-ago-an-american-warcriminal-launched-invasion-that-destabilized-an-entire-region-resulted-in-1-million-dead-and-made-the-world-less-safe.698536/page-5#post-102890800

While I can't stand Morrigan, she has a point about how Rusty happily gives people who join Isis benefit of the doubt but none of that to soldiers in the US army. Like if his criteria for brainwashing is that Isis had "Hollywood level propaganda" then that applies to the whole US military

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44915 on: March 19, 2023, 09:22:30 PM »
Love how he pretends he isn't sure if she's taking the piss

Polident Hive

« Reply #44916 on: March 19, 2023, 09:31:52 PM »
On the topic of Hollywood propaganda, gotta hand it to the US Army, the new ad is pretty good. Even got Marvel actor Jon Majors to star.

https://twitter.com/DDB_Worldwide/status/1633588274437521415

Unsuspecting and innocent teens are itching to kick some [rogue enemy state] ass.

Jansen

« Reply #44917 on: March 19, 2023, 09:41:14 PM »
On the topic of Hollywood propaganda, gotta hand it to the US Army, the new ad is pretty good. Even got Marvel actor Jon Majors to star.

https://twitter.com/DDB_Worldwide/status/1633588274437521415

Unsuspecting and innocent teens are itching to kick some [rogue enemy state] ass.

The boost from having kang, who as we all know put butts in seats for totally not a flop antman3, will have recruits pouring in

Jansen

« Reply #44918 on: March 19, 2023, 09:59:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-59#post-102868108

Quote from: Amalthea, post: 102868108, member: 36655
Nazis finally have an opening into the mainstream thanks to transphobia. They won't go away and stop associating with you just because you think you're one of the "good transphobes" (there is no such thing).

The only way to distance from them is to take a hard look at your own hate and realize you're the one who is the problem and should stop being a transphobe.

Edit: But in the end you won't, in the end you'll be marching in a black shirt too, throwing one Hitler Salutes after another, because introspection and accepting mistakes is lost amongst the majority of people these days. Just like after WWI when the Germans couldn't accept that they lost the war and why they did so. Instead they rather sacrificed the lives of millions once more than to see their own shortcomings.
This is the absolute bottom of human civilistation and we're about to reach it again.

Amazing edit.

because introspection and accepting mistakes is lost amongst the majority of people these days

:spiders

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44919 on: March 19, 2023, 10:27:45 PM »

:holeup :kobeyuck :trigger
OBE

BIONIC

« Reply #44920 on: March 19, 2023, 10:51:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thr-shazam-fury-of-the-gods-tracking-for-just-40m-domestic-ow.690013/page-12#post-102888370

Quote from: DongBeetle, post: 102866599, member: 3669
Box office decline counts for nothing? I can’t comprehend how someone can say there is ZERO proof lol just because you like something doesn’t mean all evidence disappears

Quote from: ZeroVagine, post: 102866686, member: 1119
What box office decline?

Quote from: Kalamour, post: 102871354, member: 4613
MCU films average Box Office numbers:
Domestic:
Phase 1: 291M ; Phase 2 : 308M ; Phase 3: 450M ; Phase 4: 370M
International:
Phase 1: 635M ; Phase 2: 878M ; Phase 3: 1228M ; Phase 4: 816M

Quote from: ZeroVagine, post: 102888370, member: 1119
You're leaving out some very important context for those Phase 3 and Phase 4 averages.

:show :nothing :nintendo :walkaway
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #44921 on: March 19, 2023, 11:02:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-re4-commercial-is-the-best-thing-youre-going-to-see-today.698959/#post-102899632

Quote from: TheDestructiveSquirrel, post: 102899632, member: 2473
ROFL

Brushy brushy stabby stabby

and the doll going REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That was so good

We need ads like that in North America

inb4 ban
Margs

« Reply #44922 on: March 19, 2023, 11:05:22 PM »
'isnt the ninentdo office near there? i hope that the next metroid isnt delayed'

'i was just in new york a few years ago, stay safe'

'i bet the hijackers were white republicans'

'poor landlords getting their offices knocked down'

Polident Hive

« Reply #44923 on: March 19, 2023, 11:30:29 PM »
A 2023 internet addict transported to 2001 would just die. Literally. They wouldn’t be able to feed themselves.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44924 on: March 20, 2023, 01:18:39 AM »
in 2001 it was still nonstop "tranny" and f bombs online  :lol
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 01:26:36 AM by team filler »

FUME5

« Reply #44925 on: March 20, 2023, 01:19:33 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44926 on: March 20, 2023, 01:28:34 AM »
the reeeeeeee are in here checking to see if we repost anything from them like "did senpai notice me! :uguu"

narcissistic chumps  :crowdlaff

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44927 on: March 20, 2023, 02:12:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youth-violence-at-san-franciscos-sonestown-mall-prompts-increased-police-presence-crazy-ass-videos.699007/#post-102904093
Looks like a group of black kids targeting an Asian guy.

Which has been happening since the pandemic. Almost like there's a rise in Asian hate crimes or something that people ignore.

I’ve lived here over 20 years.

Shit is fucking crazy in the Bay Area right now. I went into the city last month and the tenderloin looked like a zombie movie because of the Fentanyl crisis. Just people hunched over and shambling into the streets. Lots of crime and break ins. The Bay Area subreddit and San Francisco subreddit have been depressing to read.
This is just America at large, the inequality is increasing, substance use disorders are increasing, and homlessness is increasing. There are flashpoints that people are experiencing, but it is part of a broader social decay under our current neoliberal hellscape.

Also:
Don't call human beings zombies.

Raist

« Reply #44928 on: March 20, 2023, 03:27:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youth-violence-at-san-franciscos-sonestown-mall-prompts-increased-police-presence-crazy-ass-videos.699007/#post-102904093

Which has been happening since the pandemic. Almost like there's a rise in Asian hate crimes or something that people ignore.

Shit is fucking crazy in the Bay Area right now. I went into the city last month and the tenderloin looked like a zombie movie because of the Fentanyl crisis. Just people hunched over and shambling into the streets. Lots of crime and break ins. The Bay Area subreddit and San Francisco subreddit have been depressing to read.
This is just America at large, the inequality is increasing, substance use disorders are increasing, and homlessness is increasing. There are flashpoints that people are experiencing, but it is part of a broader social decay under our current neoliberal hellscape.

Also:

Just to provide some context, this mall has a lot of college and high school students, as it's just down the street from SF State, and in an area with lots of other schools around that uses this mall as its hub as its well known.

This particular mall as well has gone through many changes throughout the recent years, as a hangout spot, as it started out as a fancier shopping mall, but now has welcomed many more food places so lots of teenagers are always at this mall now, as opposed to before which catering to an upscale experience.

However, I don't feel that with the shift in the identity of the mall, ownership of Stonestown has really done much to prepare for this new wave of visitors they hadn't really been getting before, and it's probably just reached a boiling point now that there are just more and more people heading there after the crowdless pandemic era.

Ah yes, it's the mall's fault.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #44929 on: March 20, 2023, 03:44:19 AM »
woke

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44930 on: March 20, 2023, 04:41:12 AM »
'isnt the ninentdo office near there? i hope that the next metroid isnt delayed'

'i was just in new york a few years ago, stay safe'

'i bet the hijackers were white republicans'

'poor landlords getting their offices knocked down'
What are you taking about? Reeeeesetera's values line up almost 1:1 with 2001 era Republicans. Book burning, women hating, multinational corporation loving cheerleaders.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44931 on: March 20, 2023, 04:43:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-you-biggest-social-pet-peeves.698701/
I can't stand it when someone tells me I look like a well-known Black person.
:fbm

When people give me shit for being a nurse aide.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-you-biggest-social-pet-peeves.698701/post-102863938

But, but, your praxis Booshka!
What the hell does a nurse aide do? Is that just the equivalent of what we call a wardsman? Someone who makes the beds, sweeps the floors and empties the garbage?
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44932 on: March 20, 2023, 05:17:18 AM »

Nep Nep ban please.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44933 on: March 20, 2023, 06:36:33 AM »

Also:

oh yeah I remember all those reports of identical incidents happening in michigan and south carolina and kentucky and idaho and indiana and maine

it's just all over america right now, gangs of 20+ black kids beating up random white people in every state  :cry
Uncle

BIONIC

« Reply #44934 on: March 20, 2023, 07:00:38 AM »
Mods were eating in bed asleep when that thread was made probably. Will see “little bit of chaos” talk and bans soon enough :popcorn
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #44935 on: March 20, 2023, 07:09:51 AM »
Ongoing pathetic saga in the constructive thread:

Quote from: Natiko, post: 101774200, member: 2482
I made some reports recently that were met with a response to stop reporting posts of that nature as it was being discussed internally. When can I expect some sort of update? “Stop reporting this thing while we think about if it’s bad but we’re not going to tell you how long we’ll think about it or what if anything the outcome will be” is roughly how that felt from my end.

——

Quote from: Natiko, post: 101837200, member: 2482
So.. guess I’m just going to be ignored just like my reports were.

Quote from: Judge, post: 101838172, member: 4714
You likely haven't gotten a response because there is no update since then.

Quote from: Natiko, post: 101838820, member: 2482
That was a really easy and simple reply. I’m not sure if you are or are not involved in said discussions due to the vague nature of your response, but literally anyone that is could’ve said the same thing in the first place. It’s disappointing that I had to push just for a vague, non-descript response at all, but thank you for responding. I’ll wait some more before inquiring further if I’ve not seen any updates.

——

Quote from: Natiko, post: 102179866, member: 2482
Another week and no update. These discussions must be really in-depth, can’t wait to see the detailed decision.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Lobster Roll, post: 102182104, member: 60178
[USER=2482]Natiko[/USER]

I’m sure the mod staff is plenty busy. They’re doing this for free, too, and I don’t think needling them for a response is going to make it happen quicker.

Quote from: Sawneeks, post: 102269527, member: 2394
While I don't disagree, a simple 'hey we're still working on it!' does do wonders. Silence just makes it easier to fill in the void with anything.

Edit: I'm saying that rather tongue-in-cheek because I'm still waiting on an 'apology' thread the mods were going to make some 4 - 5 years ago that never happened. Asking for updates on something has precendent here since it may just never happen.

Quote from: RetroRunner, post: 102277795, member: 87613
I think people need to be more understanding the mods don’t get paid here, imagine your motivation to work on a PowerPoint that’s going to be criticized by your entire company if you weren’t being paid. I’d rather quit.

Quote from: Sawneeks, post: 102279265, member: 2394
No, I understand that. It's not motivating at all nor would I want to be in their place. But in the situation where the management of a place has negatively effected it and well-meaning questions, concerns, or asks for dialogue are met with silence/'we will talk about it later' and never materialize - what then? This isn't the first time and to treat it as such is a disservice and fuels part of the problem at large.

I absolutely want to be proven wrong and have a discussion about this stuff with staff. It's just given history, I don't believe it will happen - despite me hoping it might finally change this time. And this isn't a 'wow i hate the mods' decisions, it's one fueled by my desire for this place to grow and be the best it can be.
[close]
——

Quote from: Natiko, post: 102511963, member: 2482
Another week, still no update. It’s not even that crazy of a topic - I know you have policies regarding it, I received an infraction myself. It’s absurd that I was banned for something that is flagrantly talked about in other threads and all of that is being ignored while you “discuss” it.

——

Quote from: Natiko, post: 102889819, member: 2482
Coming up on a month now without an update. I would think the common courtesy to just give a status update wouldn’t be too much to ask.

:dead :rofl
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 07:16:00 AM by BIONIC »
Margs

Averon

« Reply #44936 on: March 20, 2023, 08:41:26 AM »
Natiko sounds like that nerdy kid in the class waiting to be picked to join a team during gym class but never is :lol

marrec

« Reply #44937 on: March 20, 2023, 08:45:50 AM »

Also:

Just to provide some context, this mall has a lot of college and high school students, as it's just down the street from SF State, and in an area with lots of other schools around that uses this mall as its hub as its well known.

This particular mall as well has gone through many changes throughout the recent years, as a hangout spot, as it started out as a fancier shopping mall, but now has welcomed many more food places so lots of teenagers are always at this mall now, as opposed to before which catering to an upscale experience.

However, I don't feel that with the shift in the identity of the mall, ownership of Stonestown has really done much to prepare for this new wave of visitors they hadn't really been getting before, and it's probably just reached a boiling point now that there are just more and more people heading there after the crowdless pandemic era.

Ah yes, it's the mall's fault.

We had a Mall in the Pittsburgh suburbs that also went from expensive retail experience to Mad Max meets Lord of the Flies free for all, everyone blamed the Mall for charge too much to lease storefronts but in reality it was the fault of the city for refusing to do anything about teen violence.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #44938 on: March 20, 2023, 08:50:39 AM »
Ongoing pathetic saga in the constructive thread:

Quote from: Natiko, post: 102889819, member: 2482
Coming up on a month now without an update. I would think the common courtesy to just give a status update wouldn’t be too much to ask.

:dead :rofl

Cerium will get right on that the moment he wakes up from his nap  :itagaki
woke

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44939 on: March 20, 2023, 09:13:58 AM »
Natiko needs to write a true crime survivor novel about this.

Broken Angel. One victim's desperate fight for justice in an uncaring world.

The Hidden Hand. Find out who really controls the power behind the report button.

Trafficked! Read one man's shocking journey from innocent poster to mod plaything.