Author Topic: The Culture War Thread  (Read 149628 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: The Culture War Thread
« Reply #1320 on: October 10, 2022, 07:15:38 PM »
A tell of how parody and reality are indistinguishable, wasn’t there a story about changing scoob’s special in a smash bros game from phoning the police to something else?

It's Velma in Multiverse and yes they really did that
If Velma collected enough evidence while fighting an opponent, she could hold up a wanted poster, point in her opponent’s direction, and a police car would come and whisk away her foe.

Now, the game has changed: Velma has been stripped of her police-calling powers. Instead, the Mystery Squad responds in their van and takes away Velma’s adversaries

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/09/12/velma-multiversus-police/

Apparently vigilante justice is preferable?

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1322 on: October 10, 2022, 07:27:01 PM »
A perfect paragraph

:rejoice
:O

Polident Hive

« Reply #1323 on: October 10, 2022, 07:52:14 PM »
Ebert was a top hater when he wanted to me.

"It is true that I am fat, but one day I will be thin, and he will still be the director of 'The Brown Bunny.'"

"I had a colonoscopy once, and they let me watch it on TV. It was more entertaining than 'The Brown Bunny.'"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1325 on: October 10, 2022, 08:30:48 PM »
normalize 👏 trying 👏 to 👏 ruin 👏 peoples' 👏 lives 👏
Uncle

james

« Reply #1326 on: October 10, 2022, 08:30:51 PM »
Award-Winning Multimedia Journalist.

I cant tell if parody account

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1327 on: October 10, 2022, 08:34:14 PM »
Award-Winning Multimedia Journalist.

I cant tell if parody account
He's the guy who tried to get that Target employee fired for refusing to sell him a mismarked toothbrush.

edit:
https://twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/1218263908386996227
https://twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/1218281250676408328
https://twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/1218282356760621057
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 08:39:33 PM by benjipwns »

james

« Reply #1328 on: October 10, 2022, 09:59:06 PM »
So its a long-con parody account. Clever stuff. 

benjipwns

james

« Reply #1330 on: October 10, 2022, 10:10:58 PM »
Another Black man is being silenced by the cancel culture mob

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2022/10/10/kanye-west-antisemitic-twitter-instagram

Than God we have Elon Musk to fix all global problems

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1579627776231247874

james

« Reply #1331 on: October 11, 2022, 10:08:17 AM »
Go anti-woke go broke

How a New Anti-Woke Bank Stumbled

GloriFi CEO Toby Neugebauer won over A-list investors to build a bank for people who consider Wall Street too liberal. Within months it was nearly bankrupt.

An A-list group of financial backers including Ken Griffin and Peter Thiel gave Toby Neugebauer tens of millions of dollars to build a new kind of bank—one aimed at people who see Wall Street as too liberal.

The potential customer base was huge, Mr. Neugebauer and his business partner, former Mike Pence chief of staff Nick Ayers, told the investors. Plumbers, electricians and police officers, the pitch went, are fed up with big banks that don’t share their values.

The startup, called GloriFi, initially aimed to launch with bank accounts, credit cards, mortgages and insurance, while touting what it called pro-America values such as capitalism, family, law enforcement and the freedom to “celebrate your love of God and country.”

Within months, the investors’ money was nearly gone, and GloriFi was on the verge of bankruptcy. It missed launch dates, blaming faulty technology and failures by vendors, and laid off dozens of employees. It stumbled with products; for instance, a plan to make a credit card out of the same material used for shell casings failed when the company realized the material could interfere with security chips and potentially be too thick for payment terminals, according to people familiar with the matter.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/glorifi-how-new-anti-woke-bank-stumbled-11665174704

:tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1332 on: October 11, 2022, 12:32:22 PM »
a plan to make a credit card out of the same material used for shell casings failed when the company realized the material could interfere with security chips and potentially be too thick for payment terminals, according to people familiar with the matter.
:dead

james

« Reply #1333 on: October 11, 2022, 12:36:44 PM »
Nintex in shambles trying to explain how an anti-woke company backed by masterminds like Thiel could fail

The mission appealed to Mr. Thiel’s Founders Fund, which focuses on investing in transformational companies such as SpaceX. Other investors included Mr. Griffin, the founder and chief executive of hedge fund Citadel; Joe Lonsdale, co-founder of data-mining company Palantir Technologies Inc.; former Georgia Republican Sen. Kelly Loeffler; and Atlanta healthcare entrepreneur Rick Jackson. GloriFi raised about $50 million.

Mr. Neugebauer’s 16,000-square-foot Dallas home, modeled after the White House, became the company’s initial headquarters. Desks dotted the property’s palatial common areas. Employees who didn’t live in Dallas would often stay in guest bedrooms, where they could sometimes hear Mr. Neugebauer pacing the halls during his 17-hour workdays, according to former employees.

Vendors told GloriFi they required security protocols and couldn’t send consumers’ sensitive financial information to a company based in someone’s home, people familiar with the matter said

Some employees said they found the experience of building a company from scratch thrilling. Mr. Neugebauer, these employees said, was a hard-charging, charismatic founder, not unlike the ones behind the startups that dominate today’s tech world. “He’s got this vision…It’s almost like drinking really good Kool-Aid,” Manny Rios, then head of GloriFi’s insurance operations, said in an internal video filmed in April. “I count Toby as Steve Jobs 2.0.”

james

« Reply #1334 on: October 11, 2022, 12:41:13 PM »
After appearing to leave the call, the senior manager later returned on camera “in a state of undress, on a bed with a companion who was similarly in a state of undress,” the lawsuit alleged. The senior manager isn’t named in the suit.

:doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1335 on: October 11, 2022, 01:13:37 PM »
Thiel is one of those dudes that invests in many things.
He invested 100k in the founder of Figma which is now sold to Adobe for $20 billion.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/qai/2022/09/20/paypal-mafia-lands-another-hit-with-adobes-20-billion-figma-acquisition/?sh=22753897b3dd

Some bets work out, some don't. Overall he's been one of the most succesful Silicon Valley investors.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1336 on: October 11, 2022, 01:53:28 PM »
what's figma
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1337 on: October 11, 2022, 01:55:01 PM »
the disease that killed popular streamer Ninja

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #1338 on: October 11, 2022, 02:47:57 PM »

james

« Reply #1339 on: October 11, 2022, 04:02:17 PM »
Around this time, one of GloriFi’s investors, Vivek Ramaswamy, was working to launch his own financial-services firm. Strive Asset Management would offer investors an alternative to firms such as BlackRock Inc., which has pushed companies to improve diversity and cut their climate emissions, among other changes. Strive, instead, would push companies to focus on making money, not taking stands on social or political issues.

Mr. Neugebauer said he was furious and was convinced that Mr. Ramaswamy, who wrote the book “Woke, Inc.,” had stolen his idea. Mr. Neugebauer said he had even invested in Strive, thinking it was a conservative beer startup.

Phoenix Dark

Polident Hive

« Reply #1341 on: October 11, 2022, 09:54:53 PM »
Once again a TV showing CNN was on in my eye line. Initially there’s an interview with Biden. Next time I look at it, there’s The Rock with a big ass chyron “THE ANTI-IMPERIALISM OF BLACK ADAM.” Before leaving the room, I see the chyron now reads “The Rock aiming for the White House?” What’s up.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1342 on: October 11, 2022, 11:01:17 PM »
Once again a TV showing CNN was on in my eye line. Initially there’s an interview with Biden. Next time I look at it, there’s The Rock with a big ass chyron “THE ANTI-IMPERIALISM OF BLACK ADAM.” Before leaving the room, I see the chyron now reads “The Rock aiming for the White House?” What’s up.
CNN is just Fox News for the distinguished mentally-challenged fellows (no, not those distinguished mentally-challenged fellows, the other distinguished mentally-challenged fellows on the left).
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #1343 on: October 11, 2022, 11:23:43 PM »
I don't know why the Blue Check media loves The Rock for President thing, everything I've seen suggests he's more likely to be in that common WWE star centrist-libertarian Republican mold. He endorsed Obama over McCain and Biden over Trump, not unusual at all for that set, but he notably didn't endorse Hillary and refused to. I guess The Rock is just lucky that Michael Avenatti is still going to be in prison during the 2024 Democratic primaries.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1344 on: October 12, 2022, 10:25:12 AM »
Dwayne is probably deep Q pilled irl :trumps
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1345 on: October 12, 2022, 11:06:35 AM »
https://twitter.com/mynerdyhome/status/1580053493565382657

The prevalence of Latinx sure is funny. It seems that every time it's used there's a large amount of people who are upset by it, meanwhile I have never seen outrage when a company used Latino or Latina. So what even is the gain for a company like Disney to use it in the first place? And now through they're backtracking they're actually in the uncomfortable spot of having to essentially denounce Latinx

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1346 on: October 12, 2022, 11:10:37 AM »
I need someone to explain the "masculinity is banned" argument. As I understand it, men are under attack and can no longer be (straight) men, thus resulting in beta males taking over. I'm baffled by this. Outside of "hey don't cat call women or be weird" I'm not sure what men are being banned from doing. I still open the door for women, and have only gotten a "you don't need to do that" one time. And it didn't stop me. Granted I'm not holding a door for a woman who is 30 yards away, and creepily waiting for her on some weirdo shit. But in the general physical act of walking towards a door and noticing a woman is within a reasonable proximity behind me...I still open the door. My mom taught me that as a child and I'll never stop. So what exactly is being taken from us masculine men?
 :yeshrug

I also find it weird that 90% of all the "alpha male" content comes from single men with no children. If you aren't breeding you aren't a fucking alpha, in any sense of the word. These dudes are not fucking women, why should you listen to them. To make matters even worse a large percentage of them are living like manbabies, consumed entirely by children's media and nerd shit. Look at this:

If I was a woman, walked into a guy's room and saw all that shit I'd either kill myself or run away. Either way the sheer disgust and shame would simply be too much. I don't want to hear about masculinity or feminism from someone like this...yet this is a big portion of the audience.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1347 on: October 12, 2022, 11:12:01 AM »
Gary Buechler is known for Nerdrotic (2016), Friday Night Tights (2018) and Sports Wars (2018). He has been married to Melissa Wagner since October 31, 2003. They have one child.

5 second google search by the way.

james

« Reply #1348 on: October 12, 2022, 11:13:33 AM »
Latin is and has always been the right answer.

White people: Lets appropriate latino/latina it sounds so cute!
Latins: Ok sure whatever you want, did you see Bad Bunny at the Latin Grammys last night
White people: wait your language is sexist you brown scum
Latins: The sun is male the moon is female deal with it Im going to Latin night at the club
White people: We are going to fix your language because we're the best, WE PROCLAIM LATINX which is the one and only solution
Latins: Wait thats racist im going to get some latin food at the corner spot to recover from this shit
White people: No its not Latinx is the only solution

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1349 on: October 12, 2022, 11:15:12 AM »
Gary Buechler is known for Nerdrotic (2016), Friday Night Tights (2018) and Sports Wars (2018). He has been married to Melissa Wagner since October 31, 2003. They have one child.

5 second google search by the way.
What better example of equity than this. A woman dumb enough to let this guy cum in her.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1350 on: October 12, 2022, 12:00:02 PM »
The funny thing about Latinx and latinx people not liking it very much, is that its being pushed by a group of people who should know a thing or two about being called things they don't want to be called :elon
(ice)

james

« Reply #1351 on: October 12, 2022, 12:03:51 PM »
The funny thing about Latinx and latinx people not liking it very much, is that its being pushed by a group of people who should know a thing or two about being called things they don't want to be called :elon

filler post

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1352 on: October 12, 2022, 12:12:45 PM »

filler post

filler is systematically deleting his posts rn  :goty
Margs

james

« Reply #1353 on: October 12, 2022, 12:15:52 PM »

filler post

filler is systematically deleting his posts rn  :goty

Its a new user engagement strategy. If you want to read his posts, you need to see them within 3 hours. Keeps click rates high on here.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1354 on: October 12, 2022, 12:45:18 PM »
GF is Mexican...no Hispanic people in real life use the term "latinx" and most find it weird and dismissive to how their language works. It's definitely some white liberal shit.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1355 on: October 12, 2022, 01:57:22 PM »
GF is Mexican...no Hispanic people in real life use the term "latinx" and most find it weird and dismissive to how their language works. It's definitely some white liberal shit.

I suspect its probably third generation+ US immigrants who are 100% culturally American and consequently think in American English (and might not even know Spanish beyond basic conversational) but still want to declare 'minority status' at the colleges their parents and grand parents worked hard to get to afford, because they don't want to acknowledge the privilege they have while denouncing it in others.

benjipwns

« Reply #1356 on: October 12, 2022, 04:31:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/mynerdyhome/status/1580053493565382657

The prevalence of Latinx sure is funny. It seems that every time it's used there's a large amount of people who are upset by it, meanwhile I have never seen outrage when a company used Latino or Latina. So what even is the gain for a company like Disney to use it in the first place? And now through they're backtracking they're actually in the uncomfortable spot of having to essentially denounce Latinx
Okay, but why did they capitalize the X in the headline originally?

Polident Hive

« Reply #1357 on: October 12, 2022, 05:35:54 PM »
Those YouTube channels rake in tens to hundreds of thousands. Performative angriness sells. And don’t mean to as an exclusively right leaning deal. I’ve seen clips of progressive streamers who just rant and yell about crapitalism, pause, and shill no name earbuds made in a factory with nets around the roof. They gotta walk the line. Go too far, well, there’s a headline about Alex Jones owing a $billion in damages…

benjipwns

benjipwns

james

« Reply #1360 on: October 12, 2022, 08:12:39 PM »
holy shit thats why zoomers are fleeing the bore in droves. Our entire economy is based on thumbs

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1361 on: October 12, 2022, 08:12:59 PM »
I feel attacked whenever I read the brain rot posted in this thread :foxx
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #1362 on: October 12, 2022, 08:19:45 PM »
I feel attacked whenever I read the brain rot posted in this thread :foxx
:itagaki

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1363 on: October 12, 2022, 08:52:25 PM »
wait what emojis do gen z use then

🦵🧞🎩👩🏼‍🦽🧃📼💱
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1364 on: October 12, 2022, 10:20:02 PM »
wait what emojis do gen z use then

🦵🧞🎩👩🏼‍🦽🧃📼💱
Certainly not these

🦵 = Hurtful to those without two legs
🧞 = Digital brownface
🎩 = Tophats are signifiers of aristocratic Victorian English lords i.e. colonisers
👩🏼‍🦽 = Why is the disabled girl white and blonde? POC can be disabled too
🧃 = I'm allergic to apples and everything else. Why are you personally attacking me?
📼 = LOL, as if Gen Z have any idea what that is...
💱 = This is capitalism and it is triggering my PSTDADHDLGBTQI+
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #1365 on: October 13, 2022, 03:42:38 AM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #1366 on: October 13, 2022, 04:56:51 AM »
I need someone to explain the "masculinity is banned" argument. As I understand it, men are under attack and can no longer be (straight) men, thus resulting in beta males taking over. I'm baffled by this. Outside of "hey don't cat call women or be weird" I'm not sure what men are being banned from doing. I still open the door for women, and have only gotten a "you don't need to do that" one time. And it didn't stop me. Granted I'm not holding a door for a woman who is 30 yards away, and creepily waiting for her on some weirdo shit. But in the general physical act of walking towards a door and noticing a woman is within a reasonable proximity behind me...I still open the door. My mom taught me that as a child and I'll never stop. So what exactly is being taken from us masculine men?
 :yeshrug

I also find it weird that 90% of all the "alpha male" content comes from single men with no children. If you aren't breeding you aren't a fucking alpha, in any sense of the word. These dudes are not fucking women, why should you listen to them. To make matters even worse a large percentage of them are living like manbabies, consumed entirely by children's media and nerd shit. Look at this:

If I was a woman, walked into a guy's room and saw all that shit I'd either kill myself or run away. Either way the sheer disgust and shame would simply be too much. I don't want to hear about masculinity or feminism from someone like this...yet this is a big portion of the audience.

benjipwns

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

benjipwns

« Reply #1370 on: October 13, 2022, 07:34:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/mosthiphop/status/1579604926585778176

According to the replies anyone who disagrees is a white boy, possibly 16 years old and also possibly European. :rollsafe

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1371 on: October 13, 2022, 08:31:36 PM »
In lieu of a better place to post it, I'll throw this in here.

The term "lived experience" has most definitely reached its use-by date/jumped the shark/*insert your own metaphor here.

The following usage come from an article about
spoiler (click to show/hide)
flood modelling for a proposed school sporting complex
[close]

:gurl
10 points to Gryffindor if you guessed that correctly.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1372 on: October 14, 2022, 07:53:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/damiengayle/status/1580864210741133312

First the statues now the art.
Crazy people Brainwashed with a mission to destroy civilization.

2000+ years of history and teachings preserved for nothing.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1373 on: October 14, 2022, 08:41:26 AM »
Security!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1374 on: October 14, 2022, 09:10:54 AM »
Sounded more like "Security?"

Or is that just how brits talk

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1375 on: October 14, 2022, 09:22:08 AM »
This just in, Saudi Arabia stops all exports of oil because someone ruined a Van Gogh painting

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1376 on: October 14, 2022, 09:29:18 AM »
I think Van Gogh would actually appreciate what they did and support them, as fellow sufferers of mental illness.

Himu

« Reply #1377 on: October 14, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »
lmao lefitsts and their dumb protests

bububububu muh climate change

fyi the painting is okay as it was glazed. Thankfully.

https://twitter.com/damiengayle/status/1580864210741133312

First the statues now the art.
Crazy people Brainwashed with a mission to destroy civilization.

2000+ years of history and teachings preserved for nothing.

They truly are foul humans. Thankfully they're overwhelmingly homosexual and cannot reproduce.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 05:34:08 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

james

« Reply #1378 on: October 14, 2022, 05:29:41 PM »
They truly are foul humans. Thankfully they're overwhelmingly homosexual and cannot reproduce.

:batman

Polident Hive

« Reply #1379 on: October 14, 2022, 08:36:33 PM »