Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 208312 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #1260 on: July 06, 2022, 03:59:24 PM »
So apparently we're nearing the point of "partial student debt restructuring" by the Biden administration... What is the general outline of what it should entail ?

Edit : plans to put new regulations in place but some amount being wiped clean still under consideration.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1261 on: July 06, 2022, 04:18:56 PM »
I think they said they were working on a plan to do up to $10,000 a couple months ago.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1262 on: July 06, 2022, 04:43:49 PM »
10k$ is the number that has floated for a while... I imagine it's still limited to loans the Federal government is involved with ?
Anyhow they really need that to have something to have their hat to hang on for elections.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 04:48:50 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #1264 on: July 06, 2022, 11:01:49 PM »

:hmm

benjipwns

« Reply #1265 on: July 06, 2022, 11:06:45 PM »

:cruise

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #1266 on: July 07, 2022, 01:01:24 AM »
 :nothing

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1267 on: July 07, 2022, 09:32:03 AM »
So apparently we're nearing the point of "partial student debt restructuring" by the Biden administration... What is the general outline of what it should entail ?

Edit : plans to put new regulations in place but some amount being wiped clean still under consideration.

What the fuck ? They still haven't done it?

I didn't realize it was still in talks.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1268 on: July 07, 2022, 10:21:28 AM »

What the fuck ? They still haven't done it?

I didn't realize it was still in talks.

There's a whole part of changing the rules for loans, interest, delay to forgiveness etc which I suppose must be approved or voted on.
The 10k$ wipe they say they're still looking into supposedly though it's maybe more a matter of packaging it all together. There was, it seems, some debate whether the executive can do this unilaterally or if Congress had a say (because erasing all those deeds obviously is loss future revenue for the budget).
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1269 on: July 07, 2022, 10:34:28 AM »
so the admin as just putting things off.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1270 on: July 07, 2022, 10:35:39 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:cruise

Didn't realize maverick was a failure ending movie.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1271 on: July 07, 2022, 10:39:45 AM »
Could I take out a 10k loan and use it to help sugar babies get through college and then write it off?

:O

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1272 on: July 07, 2022, 10:42:28 AM »
Could I take out a 10k loan and use it to help sugar babies get through college and then write it off?

Yes, just set up a non profit org.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1273 on: July 07, 2022, 10:42:37 AM »
wait whats a sugar baby?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1274 on: July 07, 2022, 11:03:59 AM »
so the admin as just putting things off.

Maybe they want to keep the official announcement closer to the election.
ὕβρις

Occam

« Reply #1275 on: July 07, 2022, 11:23:25 AM »
I find it strange that you're losing your mind and coming out against the rule of law so vehemently

Quite the opposite. You continue to read things I don't write. There really is not much left of the rule of law in the USA.
Five extremist judges have begun to arbitrarily strike down any laws and previous rulings they don't like while sanctioning Gerrymandering and party financing corruption, and there is little anyone can do about it now or in the future, as undemocratic minority rule intensifies.

While you continue to claim that all is well and the system works as intended, American democracy is foundering. Unfortunately this will have negative consequences around the world.

james

« Reply #1276 on: July 07, 2022, 02:51:32 PM »
What happened to Trumps big fourth of July running announcement, Nintex?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1277 on: July 07, 2022, 03:04:23 PM »

he's already president

benjipwns

« Reply #1278 on: July 07, 2022, 04:23:00 PM »
Quite the opposite. You continue to read things I don't write.
While you continue to claim that all is well and the system works as intended, American democracy is foundering.
::)
I have never, not once, claimed that "all is well" nor advocated that nothing should ever be done. You fight with enemies in your head.

Occam

« Reply #1279 on: July 07, 2022, 04:53:53 PM »
Very well then, to establish a baseline, a common frame of reference if you don't mind, what do you think is wrong with America's system of government? No need for a wall of text, just a few short bullet points.
Where do you think America is headed?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1280 on: July 07, 2022, 06:07:48 PM »

🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #1281 on: July 08, 2022, 12:02:36 AM »
Very well then, to establish a baseline, a common frame of reference if you don't mind, what do you think is wrong with America's system of government? No need for a wall of text, just a few short bullet points.
Where do you think America is headed?
A layup is doubling the size of the House. Obviously quadrupling it would be more ideal but I imagine the partisans would lose their minds if you just tried to round up to 501 so I'll split the difference.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1282 on: July 08, 2022, 12:49:14 AM »
less talk, more violence in the amazon (again) amirite

Cauliflower Of Love

Occam

« Reply #1284 on: July 08, 2022, 02:50:15 PM »
Appears to be rather limp.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 06:42:55 PM by Nintex »
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #1286 on: July 08, 2022, 07:02:18 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1287 on: July 09, 2022, 07:10:30 AM »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1288 on: July 09, 2022, 07:14:24 AM »
shu the fuck up nintend

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1289 on: July 09, 2022, 08:59:31 AM »

:trumps

Interesting to think about the Ukraine invasion under Trump's nose. I'm guessing he wouldn't have lifted a finger

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1290 on: July 09, 2022, 11:33:01 AM »

:trumps

Interesting to think about the Ukraine invasion under Trump's nose. I'm guessing he wouldn't have lifted a finger
One of the plans was to have Erik Prince create a private $10 billion army and to consolidate Ukrainian military aircraft production into a consortium that could rival Boeing or Airbus in order to deny China and Russia access to scale their aircraft production.
Before the invasion Prince proposed the Biden administration to send ~150 retired US military planes (F15's, F16's, A10's etc.) to Ukraine along with contractor pilots. Creating an airforce as a deterrence against the invasion.

Given what happened with North Korea and the Abraham accords in the Middle East as well as ISIS and Soleimani I doubt that 'not lifting a finger' would've been Trump's strategy in case of a Russian invasion of Ukraine.

I don't think any US President can be blamed for the current situation even if the coup of 2014 was sort of the match that lit the fire.
It all comes down to Germany not willing to part with cheap Russian energy and Europe neglecting defense spending after the cold war ended and appeasing or helping Russia every step of the way.
Putin wouldn't have been able to stay in power without the likes of Rutte and Merkel.
🤴

BikeJesus

« Reply #1291 on: July 10, 2022, 02:30:53 AM »

Joshua Henry, a special agent for DHS, confirmed the letter’s authenticity and said it was delivered at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday. Robert Sperling, director of communication for the Federal Protective Service, also confirmed to The Dallas Morning News that the letter posted on Twitter was delivered.

Henry said Walker sharing the letter on Twitter could bring more trouble.

“She’s kind of taking it as a joke,” Henry said. “She’s not remorseful about these statements, so that’ll be presented to a United States Attorney and they’ll make a decision on that.”

When a reporter asked the Garland Police Department if their officers accompanied a federal agent to Walker’s house to deliver the letter, spokesman Pedro Barineau wrote in an email “since DHS confirmed they went out there, they will have all the details and will need to provide the information. We can’t speak about another agencies [sic] investigation.”

On Friday night, the Federal Protective Service sent an email with an official statement to The News.

“DHS’s Federal Protective Service coordinates with law enforcement partners across the country to protect federal facilities, and those who work in and visit those buildings, from violence,” the statement read.

“FPS may issue warnings as a result of threats made to federal facilities and federal employees, in line with standard law enforcement practices. Americans’ freedom of speech and right to peacefully protest are fundamental Constitutional rights. Those rights do not extend to violence and other illegal activity.”
:american :american :american :american

The cited, uh, "statue" is an interesting choice too:
1)Whoever—
(A)assaults, kidnaps, or murders, or attempts or conspires to kidnap or murder, or threatens to assault, kidnap or murder a member of the immediate family of a United States official, a United States judge, a Federal law enforcement officer, or an official whose killing would be a crime under section 1114 of this title; or

(B)threatens to assault, kidnap, or murder, a United States official, a United States judge, a Federal law enforcement officer, or an official whose killing would be a crime under such section,
with intent to impede, intimidate, or interfere with such official, judge, or law enforcement officer while engaged in the performance of official duties, or with intent to retaliate against such official, judge, or law enforcement officer on account of the performance of official duties, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(2)Whoever assaults, kidnaps, or murders, or attempts or conspires to kidnap or murder, or threatens to assault, kidnap, or murder, any person who formerly served as a person designated in paragraph (1), or a member of the immediate family of any person who formerly served as a person designated in paragraph (1), with intent to retaliate against such person on account of the performance of official duties during the term of service of such person, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

She deleted the tweets so Agent Henry's apparent goal of abusing the law to moderate Twitter by illegally threatening people was accomplished.

Woken up at 11:30am? Tell me you're a useless, jobless slob without telling me you're a useless jobless slob.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1295 on: July 10, 2022, 08:33:35 AM »
Biden did meet the band Kiss multiple times.
The White House staff is still unsure why he insisted on meeting them about matters of foreign policy.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1296 on: July 10, 2022, 11:50:08 AM »
4chan got a hold of Hunter's iCloud, now everyone can blackmail the President  :doge
🤴

Occam

« Reply #1297 on: July 10, 2022, 02:23:36 PM »
#TrumpIsALaughingStock is trending on Twitter.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1298 on: July 10, 2022, 02:31:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1546134471841292294

Biden officially joining the sub 30 club.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #1300 on: July 10, 2022, 02:40:24 PM »
#TrumpIsALaughingStock is trending on Twitter.
It's another one of those fake hashtags that a few well known accounts pay to bot into briefly trending if you only view accounts predisposed to participating in it before everyone moves onto something else that catches their attention. Happens constantly about all kinds of things. This one has made it to a whopping 14K total tweets so they definitely got their monies worth. (They did not.)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1301 on: July 10, 2022, 03:09:19 PM »
Such an obvious and poorly thought out riposte to the "repeat the line" fiasco that it could only have come from sycophants who are desperately trying to divert attention.

How do they do social media so bad after they got it so right with Obama?

This can only backfire, just like every time they've tried to paint Trump as a bumbling idiot. His base likes him BECAUSE he's a bumbling idiot, just like them.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #1302 on: July 10, 2022, 03:16:13 PM »
Such an obvious and poorly thought out riposte to the "repeat the line" fiasco that it could only have come from sycophants who are desperately trying to divert attention.

How do they do social media so bad after they got it so right with Obama?
I mean it's not the same people at all, if you dig into these hashtags it always goes back to the same stupid accounts that always start them off with "let's see if we can get this trending" then they bot into existence for their followers who will just post random stuff to it for like an hour and move on. People like BrooklynDad_Defiant or OccupyDemocrats.

It's not a Democrat thing, there's Republican or conservative accounts that do the same stupid stuff. You just don't see it unless you're already in that circle because the algorithm only sends you stuff you'll like even if you just like to hate it.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1303 on: July 10, 2022, 11:28:29 PM »

I vaguely remember a fee years back I think it was one of the Chapo guys got raided by FBI/Secret Service for a "threatening tweet" that was clearly in jest? Am I remembering that right?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

james

« Reply #1305 on: July 11, 2022, 01:14:56 PM »
Last election I voted for Biden in 6 swing states, this next election he'll be lucky if he gets me to vote in 2

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1306 on: July 11, 2022, 02:35:22 PM »
I wouldn’t even vote for him in Minecraft tbh
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1308 on: July 11, 2022, 03:09:36 PM »
The Hunter Biden stuff is fucking crazy. A pedo crackhead who grooms his niece and waves a gun around.

Ah well it does put an end to the Russian narrative that he was running biochemical research labs in Ukraine.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1309 on: July 11, 2022, 03:31:13 PM »
What Hunter biden stuff?
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1310 on: July 11, 2022, 06:00:24 PM »
What Hunter biden stuff?
Twitter is trying to delete it so the bois are making edits and their censors can't pick it up  :lol

:nsfw

https://twitter.com/damonimani/status/1546581343768924162

Why is Joe Biden's nickname on his sons phone 'Pedo Peter'  :thinking
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 06:39:15 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1311 on: July 12, 2022, 02:56:26 AM »

Allright you've got this
🤴

Occam

« Reply #1312 on: July 12, 2022, 09:17:49 AM »
Half of G.O.P. Voters Ready to Leave Trump Behind, Poll Finds
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/12/us/politics/trump-approval-polling-2024.html

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1315 on: July 12, 2022, 03:22:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/status/1546861968136409089

Half of G.O.P. Voters Ready to Leave Trump Behind, Poll Finds
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/12/us/politics/trump-approval-polling-2024.html

The Trump DeSantis civil war has started but the winner gets all the votes of the other so does it really matter?
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1546669610509799424

It's not like if Trump or DeSantis loses, their supporters aren't going to back the Republican candidate.
The presidential race will basically be decided in the Republican primary unless some kind of miracle happens between now and 2024.

As far as I can tell it is too late for the global economy to turn around so the Kremlin losing the war in Ukraine is the sort of thing that could boost the Democrats.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 04:29:32 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 05:36:44 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #1317 on: July 12, 2022, 05:54:43 PM »
As far as I can tell it is too late for the global economy to turn around so the Kremlin losing the war in Ukraine is the sort of thing that could boost the Democrats.
:wut

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴