Author Topic: Is the world burning?  (Read 244740 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Is the world burning?
« Reply #1800 on: June 03, 2020, 06:14:23 PM »
Being called ethnic slurs by 12 year olds is an integral part of the CoD experience  :maf

Not having a Nazi Emblem... OH I'M SORRY, I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN AMERICAN GAME. :salute

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

BisMarckie

« Reply #1802 on: June 03, 2020, 06:19:14 PM »
Being called ethnic slurs by 12 year olds is an integral part of the CoD experience  :maf

Not having a Nazi Emblem... OH I'M SORRY, I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN AMERICAN GAME. :salute

Speaking of Nazis, I always scoff at these lazy angry PSN/XBL messages when someone just writes Heil Hitler or fucking nazi.

When I received a message that said something  to the tune of: I will come to your house, burn it down, rape your sister and shoot your dog like the Red Army you nazi scum,, I know that I am at least dealing with someone who takes his craft seriously.

I wish I had screencapped that 10 years or so ago. :stahp
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 06:25:40 PM by BisMarckie »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1803 on: June 03, 2020, 06:21:44 PM »
Thanks.  I try.

BisMarckie

« Reply #1804 on: June 03, 2020, 06:28:20 PM »
You're just making me miss glen even more.

Ranked FIFA brings out the inner glen in us all.

Seriously, nothing makes people angrier than FIFA.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 06:33:02 PM by BisMarckie »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1806 on: June 03, 2020, 06:31:31 PM »
Just realized that if this goes on long enough, states might use a second wave as an excuse to shut it down.  That would be the most 2020 thing yet.   

Unless Trump escalates again (which of course is entirely possible and probably even likely), most of the protests will have fizzled out in most cities within the week to two weeks before the rona cases start showing in the data, imo. I don't think it will have to come to states using a second wave of 'rona as the excuse to shut everything down. You know, unless Trump pulls more fuckery like the other night or makes some wild ass statements in the next few days.
Teargas, people coughing into each other during the chaos is another accelerator.

It's going to be a super spreading event plus it's going to make a lockdown for a second wave nigh impossible.
One group will say: "But they had all those protests!" and the other group will say: "I'm not listening to the Trump police!"

🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1810 on: June 03, 2020, 06:37:22 PM »
profa!  :riot

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1811 on: June 03, 2020, 06:47:29 PM »
“Never did I dream that troops…would be ordered...to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected  commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside."
Because mad dog grandpa you lack the imagination of a queen

🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1813 on: June 03, 2020, 06:50:48 PM »
CNN is focusing much more on peaceful protestors vs rioters now.  Yesterday was a huge fumble for Trump. 

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

thisismyusername

« Reply #1815 on: June 03, 2020, 06:55:37 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1816 on: June 03, 2020, 07:02:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1267946770362966020

"It's not tear gas unless it's from the Teargás region in France."

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1817 on: June 03, 2020, 07:05:06 PM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1818 on: June 03, 2020, 07:13:16 PM »
https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2020/06/03/3-held-terror-charges-spark-violence-las-vegas-protests/3139032001/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

LAS VEGAS — Three Nevada men with ties to a loose movement of right-wing extremists advocating the overthrow of the U.S. government have been arrested on terrorism-related charges in what authorities say was a conspiracy to spark violence during recent protests in Las Vegas.

Federal prosecutors say the three white men with U.S. military experience are accused of conspiring to carry out a plan that began in April in conjunction with protests to reopen businesses closed because of the coronavirus and later sought to capitalize on protests over George Floyd, the Minneapolis man who died police custody.

They were arrested Saturday on the way to a protest in downtown Las Vegas after filling gas cans at a parking lot and making Molotov cocktails in glass bottles, according to a copy of the criminal complaint.
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1819 on: June 03, 2020, 07:16:14 PM »
it was just flash bangs and smoke you pussies!

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1820 on: June 03, 2020, 07:20:25 PM »
protect shosti at all costs  :gun

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1821 on: June 03, 2020, 07:36:54 PM »

shosta

« Reply #1822 on: June 03, 2020, 07:38:57 PM »
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1823 on: June 03, 2020, 07:45:29 PM »
The White House is being guarded by Texas prison guards right now

We're sooo close to the best possible outcome of all this.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #1825 on: June 03, 2020, 07:47:14 PM »
damn, that’s what godfrey looks like now? feel like i haven’t seen him in anything in like, 15 years

BisMarckie

« Reply #1826 on: June 03, 2020, 07:48:14 PM »
Why is a picture of David ortiz smiling flagged as sensitive content

Because he is a steroid user! A Fraud! :bolo

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1827 on: June 03, 2020, 07:59:03 PM »
The White House is being guarded by Texas prison guards right now

Trump is Pablo Escobar :ohhh
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1828 on: June 03, 2020, 08:01:23 PM »
Why is a picture of David ortiz smiling flagged as sensitive content
he's not voting for biden  :trumps

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1829 on: June 03, 2020, 08:01:30 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1830 on: June 03, 2020, 08:04:47 PM »
I'm really suprised they ran that.  I thought NYT was one of the good ones, like the BBC.

BisMarckie

« Reply #1831 on: June 03, 2020, 08:08:37 PM »
I know it's become a schtick but plz stop spamming about BBC that isn't the BBC the bore is known to desire.

The BBC Micro :gamer

Akala

• Easy Victor

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1833 on: June 03, 2020, 08:12:02 PM »
#NoChill

https://twitter.com/YEOJNl/status/1268220755994607617
Getting kicked off the cheerleader team hardly seems to be your "life ruined" anyway.  :lol

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1834 on: June 03, 2020, 08:13:57 PM »
those racist girls  :drool

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1835 on: June 03, 2020, 08:16:10 PM »
I'm just waiting for a plot twist where Mayor De Blasio runs NYT. Would encompass all new york fuckery this week if they can somehow rope in James Dolan.

Funny thing is NYT reporters typically avoid sharing political opinions on social media but have no compunction openly shitting on De Blasio.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1836 on: June 03, 2020, 08:19:32 PM »
haven't seen anything that pathetic since Ted Cruz
pcp

Propagandhim

shosta

« Reply #1838 on: June 03, 2020, 08:21:58 PM »

A lot of NYT staff tweeting this.
https://twitter.com/JBennet/status/1268328282715492358

This has always been the Times policy but they should really, really change this.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1839 on: June 03, 2020, 08:31:31 PM »
When did the right wing weirdos afraid of government overreach and tyranny become the fassy cucks crying for police and military to save their streets? Did 9/11 do this?
conservatives have always praised and worshiped both military and law enforcement, for helping them live out their fantasies of brutalizing black and brown bodies  ::)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1840 on: June 03, 2020, 08:38:40 PM »
When did the right wing weirdos afraid of government overreach and tyranny become the fassy cucks crying for police and military to save their streets? Did 9/11 do this?
conservatives have always praised and worshiped both military and law enforcement, for helping them live out their fantasies of brutalizing black and brown bodies  ::)

I"m not talking about conservatives, I'm talking about the militia movement types evolving into Trumpers that support the same jackboots in riot gear and the military marching the the streets, the very thing they were killing and blowing shit up in protest of in the 90s.
their only real problem was that the blacks and browns weren't being punished enough. they were always willing to suffer more if it means the blacks and browns will get the worst of it.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Tripon

Himu

« Reply #1843 on: June 03, 2020, 08:52:42 PM »

It's great to have such a press that offers such a wide variety of viewpoints to accommodate the full spectrum of American politics.

I too like to judge the press based off opinion section articles I disagree with. It's all FAKE NEWS in the end.

Pushing hyper-reactionary bullshit in the opinion section is a classic nyt tactic but i agree, we need spaces and places for fascist voices and that includes the newspapers. free speech.

There are so many different takes in the NYT opinion section that your reaction seems the reactionary one to me.

Just as bad as Trump staff calling the entire gassing "media" lies. What is the "media"? Is it one organization? Because the paper aired that opinion does that mean they endorse it?

Just as bad as any right winger take on the media imo. Critique all you want, but when you talk about how the liberal paper is endorsing sending in troops because they had something in the opinion section makes no sense to me. And yes, it is free press.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 08:56:57 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #1844 on: June 03, 2020, 08:58:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1268338060762255360

So, what does that mean? Was he cured of it by the time of the murder? Did the scarring in his lungs from it cause the problem?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1845 on: June 03, 2020, 09:01:20 PM »
Bad take, that I have already been called out on this page, but criticizing the few last principled media outlets as an institute for an isolated issue or article in a world of fake news contributes to the problem.  The main criticizing should be focused on the article not the fact that they ran it. 

Himu

« Reply #1846 on: June 03, 2020, 09:03:44 PM »
I agree with you. I actually think the NYT shouldn't stop at Tom Cotton calling for military force to be used on (largely) peaceful protestors, they should take it to the next level and maybe bring on Richard Spencer or Nick Land for an opinion slot.

On one hand, the right is calling NYT dangerous and leftist because a writer said property damage is not violence.

https://twitter.com/TPPatriots/status/1268286361720717316

On the other, the left is calling NYT fascist and Nazi enablers because they ran an opinion piece.

Which is it?  :whatsthedeal

I deleted the link, but I'll repost it.

https://whorulesamerica.ucsc.edu/change/media.html
IYKYK

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #1847 on: June 03, 2020, 09:06:38 PM »
how is choosing to run a fashy piece not enabling fascism?

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1848 on: June 03, 2020, 09:06:59 PM »
I agree with you. I actually think the NYT shouldn't stop at Tom Cotton calling for military force to be used on (largely) peaceful protestors, they should take it to the next level and maybe bring on Richard Spencer or Nick Land for an opinion slot.

On one hand, the right is calling NYT dangerous and leftist because a writer said property damage is not violence.

https://twitter.com/TPPatriots/status/1268286361720717316

On the other, the left is calling NYT fascist and Nazi enablers because they ran an opinion piece.

Which is it?  :whatsthedeal

I deleted the link, but I'll repost it.

https://whorulesamerica.ucsc.edu/change/media.html

On the one hand your argument is stupid, on the other it's dumb as fuck!

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1849 on: June 03, 2020, 09:07:14 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/AngelaMWilhelm/status/1268056986102444033

This image keeps making me laugh.

Dude suited the fuck up cutting up water bottles.

Tripon

« Reply #1850 on: June 03, 2020, 09:08:07 PM »

shosta

« Reply #1851 on: June 03, 2020, 09:09:47 PM »
If we don't run the cotton piece, the WSJ will, sacrificing our precious profits :maf
每天生气

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1852 on: June 03, 2020, 09:10:10 PM »
nyt has sucked balls long before the trump era. and you can present a nearly endless variety of opinions without giving space to fascism, racism, genocide, etc. running a piece by congressperson calling for the military to slaughter it's own countries citizens is some dumb-ass shit, but then again this is a paper that has wanted the world to read david brooks musings for almost two decades.

edit fucking dammit this thread moves too fast fuck me
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1853 on: June 03, 2020, 09:11:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/1268324398462668800

Oh my gawd x 10

jesus christ lady i'm trying to be outraged here please shut the fuck up for a second
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1854 on: June 03, 2020, 09:12:02 PM »
oh my god
pcp

Himu

« Reply #1855 on: June 03, 2020, 09:12:08 PM »
That said, I thoroughly disagree with the opinion piece and I'm saddened they ran it so I do get the disappointment and don't begrudge anyone for unsubscribing.

https://twitter.com/nhannahjones/status/1268334601166106624

I'm interested in seeing where it goes from here now that the employees are actually disagreeing openly.
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1856 on: June 03, 2020, 09:13:56 PM »
I mean we both know that there is clearly a balancing game between moderation, platforming and powerful people being newsworthy solely because they are powerful.  Its the same shit twitter is dealing with now with Trump.  I think we'd also both tend to the side of moderation of extreme-right opinions.  But I also think this isn't 2002 and the cause of moderation is less worthwhile than the cause of actually having foundational media that can be trusted (most of the time).

how is choosing to run a fashy piece not enabling fascism?

It is.  The issue is when an instance of enabling fascism becomes 'this is an institute which enables fascism'. 

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #1857 on: June 03, 2020, 09:14:41 PM »
quick back of the napkin hot take: if your media outlet is supposed to be some bulwark for liberal democracy, yes, it makes total sense to filter out voices that are illiberal or antidemocratic

shosta

« Reply #1858 on: June 03, 2020, 09:18:02 PM »
The issue is when an instance of enabling fascism becomes 'this is an institute which enables fascism'.
wat
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #1859 on: June 03, 2020, 09:21:26 PM »
FWIW, I'm suffering from massive cognitive dissonance. I stan NYT because of stuff like the 1619 project but stuff like this and the 2016 coverage of Trump often make me reconsider. This is how Tasty must feel with Google and their spying. :stahp

My brain doesn't know how to deal with it.
IYKYK